PDA

View Full Version : The Endless Dungeon - Cyrus of Feroz

Tyndmyr
2009-11-11, 12:59 AM
http://travislerol.com/D&D/Starting.jpg

You awaken in the center of a 10ft by 15ft room with stone walls, ceilings, and floors. A torch is burning on the wall behind you, while the other three walls have closed, metal doors with brackets allowing you to bar them from the inside. Unfortunately, only two metal rods are lying on the floor.

TKDfirefly
2009-11-11, 07:21 AM
Cyrus gets up and shakes his head. "I hope this is not because I left the school," he mumbles to himself as he takes a look at the room. He notices the bars but leaves them for the moment. He then gets into a meditative position. A very slight hum escapes the Xeph while he is meditating. Once done, he opens his cobalt blue eyes and smiles. They seem to glow faintly. "Now to get out of here," Cyrus says as he checks the three doors.

Taking 20 on Concentration check to gain psionic focus
North Door - Listen [roll0], Search [roll1]
East Door - Listen [roll2], Search [roll3]
South Door - Listen [roll4], Search [roll5]

Thelas
2009-11-11, 10:46 AM
The east and south doors are silent, but from the north door you hear crackling and the sound of little feet.
What will you do?

(if you don't know, as of now I'm helping DM this)

TKDfirefly
2009-11-11, 03:34 PM
Cyrus is interested my the crackling sound toward the north. "I can't be too careless though. I do not want to die and have my ex-classmates be right." He picks up the two bars and uses them to completely close the east and south doors. He then carefully and quietly moves to the north door. Cyrus opens it just a crack and tries to see what is on the other side. I do not want whatever is making that crackling to see me.

Move Silently [roll0]
Spot [roll1] (Note that I have darkvision 90 ft while I am psionically focused.)
Hide [roll2]

Thelas
2009-11-11, 08:10 PM
You see four kobolds and a fire.
The door, for once, doesn't creak.
However, the kobolds seem to have seen something, though they aren't sure what.

Initiative (for a bit later, I guess):
[roll0] [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3]
[roll4] [roll5]
[roll6] [roll7]

TKDfirefly
2009-11-11, 10:10 PM
Time to get to work. A blue blade slowly grows from the right hand of Cyrus. The color being the same as his faintly glowing eyes. He springs into the room and targets the closest Kobold.

Takes a move action for me to create my mind blade. Cyrus then waits until his next turn so that he can move and strike together.
Initiative [roll0]
Attack [roll1]
Critical Conformation [roll2]
Damage [roll3]

(OOC)
Could it be possible to get a map of the room? Or at least a better description of it?

Thelas
2009-11-12, 06:29 AM
You enter a 10ft wide room, 30 ft long, with another wooden door on the far side. In the room is four kobolds(F1, E1, E2, C2). A small fire is flickering on the floor(D2)

(The attack will miss.)

[roll0] [roll1]
The others ready actions.

Your move.
(Init: [roll2][roll3][roll4][roll5])

Thelas
2009-11-12, 06:30 AM
a) crit confirmation rolls: [roll0] [roll1]
b) because the only one who can attack rolled a 5, it's your move.

TKDfirefly
2009-11-12, 07:55 AM
Cyrus tries to dodge the attack but the kobold was able to follow his movements. Fortunately, his studded leather armor took most of the force. Cyrus resets himself and tries a second time to strike the annoying little lizard.

Attack [roll0]
Crit Confirm [roll1]
Damage [roll2]
Crit Damage [roll3]

Tyndmyr
2009-11-14, 11:40 PM
Sure, http://travislerol.com/D&D/NorthDoor.jpg

The one nearest you stabs at you with his spear, while his two spear wielding mates take up postion behind him to stab you if you try to rush past. Further back, heedless of the cover granted you by the melee types, another takes a pop at you with a sling.

Spear:
[roll0]

Sling:
[roll1]

-Dmg-

Spear:
[roll2]

Sling:
[roll3]

TKDfirefly
2009-11-15, 12:07 AM
Cyrus easily dodges the spear again but gets knocked on the head again by a small stone. "You annoying little gecko" he cries at the one in the back. Cyrus does a backwards slash at the kobold already damaged and focuses on the two in front of him. He does not even care to check if the first is still alive.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Crit conformation [roll2]
Crit Damage [roll3]

Tyndmyr
2009-11-15, 12:19 AM
Correct me if Im wrong, but you're in H2, right? I can worm another kobold into stabbing range if so, via 5ft adjust.

Emboldened by your miss, the kobolds chatter encouragingly to each other in draconic, and continue their attempts to perforate you.

Spears:
[roll0]
[roll1]

Sling:
[roll2]

-Dmg-

Spear:
[roll3]
[roll4]

Sling:
[roll5]

TKDfirefly
2009-11-15, 08:24 AM
Cyrus is getting frustrated and mostly with himself. Why do I keep on missing these worthless little buggers? Where my masters right that I was not ready to leave? No. They can't be. I have to prove them wrong. Unfortunately, he gets stabbed and another stone hits him in the head during his thoughts. Encouraging himself, Cyrus stabs at the first kobold again.

I started this fight by moving toward the closest kobold and attacking. So I should be in G2. Also note that I am have 5 hp left.
Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Crit conformation [roll2]
Crit Damage[roll3]

Thelas
2009-11-16, 11:07 AM
That drops the first little kobold, and a second moves into its place.

SPEAR: [roll0] [roll1]
SLING: [roll2] [roll3]

TKDfirefly
2009-11-16, 01:27 PM
Cyrus starts to smile a little. That is more like it. He turns and faces his opponent. A stone bounces of his studded leather armor and the new spear stops short against it. Inspired by the fallen lizard, Cyrus stabs at his new foe.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Crit Conformation [roll2]
Crit Damage [roll3]

Thelas
2009-11-16, 01:38 PM
Miss.
[roll0] [roll1][roll2][roll3]

TKDfirefly
2009-11-16, 04:45 PM
Another stone bounces off Cyrus as his mind blade just carely misses the kobold. But he was able to turn the miss into an advantage. It also caused the spear to be thrusted too far to the right. Cyrus pulls his stab back and turns it into a slash to hopefully surprise his foe.

3 hp
Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Crit Con [roll2]
Crit Damage [roll3]

Tyndmyr
2009-11-19, 12:29 AM
Another deft sidestep from the nimble kobold narrowly avoids the blade.

Spear: [roll0]
Dmg: [roll1]

Sling: [roll2]
Dmg: [roll3]

TKDfirefly
2009-11-19, 01:29 PM
"Why won't you stay still and take the hits like a man....I mean lizard?" Cyrus does not even have to move to avoid the spear but he does shift his body to not allow another stone to hit him. "I have figured you out too" he says toward the annoying little cretin at the back of the room. He swings his blade toward his forever standing enemy. "It is high time you die"

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]
Crit Confirm [roll2]
Crit Damage [roll3]

Tyndmyr
2009-11-21, 02:48 AM
The kobold gives a nasty chuckle as your blade goes wide, and presses his attack.

Spear: [roll0]
Dmg: [roll1]

Sling: [roll2]
Dmg: [roll3]

TKDfirefly
2009-11-21, 10:14 AM
Cyrus dodges a stone but moves right into the point of the spear. "I did...leave the...mona...stery" he coughs. "Too......ear..." Cyrus falls into the pool of his blood.

(OOC)
I surrender with this character. My idea for him is much better for a group campaign and not solo dungeon crawling. I will craft a new character soon.

Tyndmyr
2009-11-24, 12:36 AM
Happens...that and the kobolds were rolling great. Let me know when the new sheets ready!