PDA

View Full Version : Sentient teddy bear

crillitor
2009-11-11, 10:48 PM
I need the supposed stats for a mid level wizard turned teddy bear.

this just seems like an interesting mechanic to a campaign

Ouranos
2009-11-11, 11:09 PM
Well. i suppose you'd take a standard wizard of mid level, stat him up but ignore the physical ones. Then, give up, unless he's actually able to move on his own, 0 strength, dex, and con. He'd be an object. If he was a living being as a teddy bear, then mayhaps strength of like, 4, dex I'd say 10 plus a size mod for being likely rather small, what kinda con would you give stuffing?

Eldrys
2009-11-11, 11:11 PM
probably --CON because it's like a fuzzy-wuzzy wittel construct

Silverscale
2009-11-11, 11:12 PM
Decide on what stats you want to give to a teddy bear. This would partly depend on how big of a teddy bear are we talking? how mobile is the teddy bear? Can it speak?........Once you have figured out the answers to these questions it's only a matter of adding several levels of Wizard to come up with what I sure will be an interesting character.

sigurd
2009-11-11, 11:26 PM
Why not just take the stats for the homunculus. Rip off the wings and up the intelligence.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/homunculus.htm

Remove or replace the poison attack and the fly speed.

S

DracoDei
2009-11-11, 11:56 PM
Construct or MAYBE Living Construct for that real teddy-bear feel... NOT magical beast, outsider, or monsterous humanoid.

I would go Living Construct for game balance purposes... -6 STR, +6 DEX, -2 CON, Size Tiny, Speed 15, LA +1 since his ray attacks will basically be souped up by the small size and Dex, as will his AC. Low speed means he is going to be burning slots for Fly or riding a war-dog or something.

crillitor
2009-11-12, 12:02 AM
for size i was thinking tiny or small (something a little girl would carry around)
it would be able to talk and move and stuff.

naturally the physical stats would suck/ most likely a Str 4 or something so that he can carry around a spell book or get his companions to carry it. An Dex of 10 or so and an average Con. I was thinking a weak warforge or something

Stormthorn
2009-11-12, 12:23 AM
for size i was thinking tiny or small (something a little girl would carry around)
it would be able to talk and move and stuff.

naturally the physical stats would suck/ most likely a Str 4 or something so that he can carry around a spell book or get his companions to carry it. An Dex of 10 or so and an average Con. I was thinking a weak warforge or something

The idea of a little girl carrying around a mid-level wizard as a toy is absolutly terrifying. And cool.

Temotei
2009-11-12, 12:25 AM
Makes me think of Bioshock. Except instead of a melee monster, it's a thing far more powerful...but much cuter. :smalleek:

urkthegurk
2009-11-12, 12:54 AM
I love how instinctively terrifying it is. A cute teddy bear that animates is adorable. A cute teddy bear that can do magic? You know that that's got be evil. How could it be anything else? Teddy bears are all evil masterminds just lurking in disquise.

I would want it to have some sort of magical or special abilities, just for being a teddy bear.

What sort of racial abilities would they have?

What would a teddy bear look like if it was a fighter?

And what tricks would a teddy bear wizard use to take full advantage of their natural situation; namely being perceived by many as a natural and innocuous object in their environment? I can see some vicious enchanters coming out of this mix, but I think that a teddy bear evoker would be EVEN cooler.

Temotei
2009-11-12, 01:04 AM
Definitely transmuter. Imagine your teddy bear sitting there...then get up, waddle fifteen feet to the left, and cast quickened Enlarge Person + Disintegrate! (Assuming Enlarge Person works on the teddy bear...hmm...there's got to be an Enlarge Object or Enlarge Construct or Enlarge Monster...yeah)

Or Bull's Strength + Enlarge Person/whatever + Tenser's Transformation...:smallbiggrin: Hehehe...teddy bear.

EDIT: Or, for simplicity, just cast Polymorph Any Object, but that's not much fun because that doesn't make you get that much more dangerous as a teddy bear.

crillitor
2009-11-12, 01:15 AM
I found this.

this applies to this sort of
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Eijilund_Plushies_%28DnD_Race%29

Temotei
2009-11-12, 01:21 AM
The Fire subtype is so random.