PDA

View Full Version : Omgwtfbbq!

Mystic Muse
2009-11-15, 07:55 PM
okay. This may sound like a joke but it's not. It's an actual webcomic I'm doing with a few other playgrounders. I'm the art monkey and these guys are hopefully going to help me with the plot.

Kris strife
EvilElitest
Gamerkid

hope you guys like it!:smallbiggrin:

schedule is random due to several factors. The main one being discussion between fellow conspirators is necessary before I draw the comic.

warning. screen stretch.

comic 1
http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/af146/Theburningfields/firstcomicpaneljpg.png

comic 2http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/af146/Theburningfields/Secondcomicpng.png

comic 3 http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/af146/Theburningfields/Thirdcomicpng.png

comic 4 http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/af146/Theburningfields/Comicnumber4-1.png

comic 5 http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/af146/Theburningfields/Comicnumber5-1.png

comic 6
http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/af146/Theburningfields/Comicnumber6.png

comic 7 http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/af146/Theburningfields/Comicnumber7.png
This is a sitcom version of D&D with the gods. Bahamut and Tiamat are married as you can see.

Gamerlord
2009-11-15, 08:08 PM
I don't think Tiamat is a demon lord, but funny otherwise!

EDIT: Also, this belongs in the fan comics subsection of the arts & crafts.

Mystic Muse
2009-11-15, 08:10 PM
yeah I may change that. gotta go for now though.

EDIT: whoops. Sorry. I didn't see that subforum for some reason. Hopefully we can get a mod to move it.

Gamerlord
2009-11-15, 08:44 PM
Apparently a mod did move it!

Mystic Muse
2009-11-15, 09:02 PM
yay!

now remember fellow conspirators. we speak only through PMs lest the readers know of the plot!

question. IS Tiamat a demon lord? She's not really a demon but she does lord over demons.

Rockphed
2009-11-16, 02:52 AM
Wait, you want my help with the plot? I don't know whether to feel honored or if I should run screaming.

Mystic Muse
2009-11-16, 12:50 PM
everybody who helped last thread can help with the plot.

oh and the rule of thumb? if you don't know whether you should feel honoured or run screaming you do both.:smallbiggrin:

Crafty Cultist
2009-11-16, 02:18 PM
If I can help increase the insanity on the internet I will.
Let me know if you need ideas

Gamerlord
2009-11-16, 02:24 PM
Tiamat is not a demon lord, Lolth is, but not Tiamat.

Mystic Muse
2009-11-16, 02:25 PM
right now I need an idea for the next comic and I'm trying to decide on what Tiamat looks like. Also, even though this is a sitcom I want the characters to actually have some development.

I'm thinking a black outfit like the one the Deva in OOTS has and long black hair.

we're still going with the Vegas marriage I take it?

EDIT: ig that's the case I'll change the dialogue to evil god. shouldn't take too long. I also need to clear up the golf comment. Banned sounds like banned for everybody.

Keris
2009-11-16, 02:41 PM
here's the link until I get the image thing to work
Use a spoiler and tags. Make sure you use the "direct link for layouts" address, or you can copy the "IMG for bulletin boards".
This code: [img]http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/af146/Theburningfields/firstcomicpaneljpg-1.png
Generates this:
http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/af146/Theburningfields/firstcomicpaneljpg-1.png

Mystic Muse
2009-11-16, 02:45 PM
Thanks Keris!

Gamerlord
2009-11-16, 04:20 PM
One minor nitpicky details: why does it look like Bahumut has no shirt on?

Mr. Mud
2009-11-16, 04:21 PM
*glances at the plot helpers list*

EE's back :smallconfused:?

Gamerlord
2009-11-16, 04:29 PM
*glances at the plot helpers list*

EE's back :smallconfused:?

He wasn't?

Bayar
2009-11-16, 04:43 PM
He wasn't?

He got banned a while ago...

Mystic Muse
2009-11-16, 04:55 PM
@Gamerkid. that's supposed to be his shirt. maybe I should change color.

@everyone else. No he's not back. I talk to him on AIM.

Myrmex
2009-11-16, 06:28 PM
Ouch, screen stretch.

Also, work on the speech bubbles. As is, they read right from left, which is really irritating for the majority of your readership.

Mystic Muse
2009-11-16, 11:44 PM
*comes in smoking* uh guys. *coughs* I don't think Tiamat liked the comic.

@Myrmex. I'll work on that and make it left to right in the future. thanks for bringing that up.

@ conspirators. We have to make a banner next. what should it be of? and what should Tiamat look like?(human form doesn't have five heads.)

Crafty Cultist
2009-11-17, 03:05 AM
given her strictness, a business suit might be appropriate. if we're still going with the multiple personalities her hair should change color appropriately.

Mystic Muse
2009-11-17, 02:10 PM
I was thinking speech bubble change. I think if we did a hair color one it would inevitably lead to a Dumb blonde joke.

plus I have to become good at DRAWING hair first.:smalltongue:

Gamerlord
2009-11-17, 02:44 PM
Maybe change of appearance? Red, being vain, appears very young while black appears a ugly old hag?

Gamerlord
2009-11-17, 02:47 PM
He got banned a while ago...

He's the guy with the black-demon-atar right?

Usually the only way I recognize you guys are by your avvies...like I know Madno knight's avvie is Bahumut.

Mystic Muse
2009-11-17, 03:55 PM
no the guy with the black demon-a-tar is Face of evil. here's EvilElitest. he's the guy with the Napoleon-atar.

we'll just go with the hair thing. changing her appearance every time her personality changes is more effort than it's worth.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=22268

Gamerlord
2009-11-17, 05:20 PM
Ah, I see, I guess I mixed the two up.

And good point.

Mr. Versipellis
2009-11-17, 06:09 PM
Isn't that an achievement in team Fortress 2? Something to do with Hadoukening an enemy as the pyro, I think...

Mystic Muse
2009-11-17, 07:21 PM
Here's my attempt at Tiamat. yeah I know. I failed majorly on the work shoes. Opinion?

http://i1002.photobucket.com/albums/af146/Theburningfields/Tiamat.png

Dusk Eclipse
2009-11-17, 10:40 PM
I am really expecting how this comic develop, I also like the drawing of Tiamat.

PS. Are we going to see bahamut and Tiamat in dragon form?

Mystic Muse
2009-11-17, 10:54 PM
yes. you will sometimes but not all the time. it's awful hard to fit a five headed dragon into a panel after all.

I need to confirm all the conspirators and then I need some people to help me decide what Tiamat should look like. if I don't recieve any complaints by six tomorrow my time I'll use that version and begin on the next comic. after that the schedule will be totally random because I'll have to ask the conspirators how the plot should progress.

I'll try to actually develop the characters as well rather than have it be a bad sitcom with boring characters in webcomic form.

Bago!!!
2009-11-18, 05:06 AM
This comic has potential.

My ears are perked. And this may be the last time you'll hear from me on this thread.... MUahahaha!

Edit: Question! Will she have five heads or will she be five headed? There is an actual difference.

Mystic Muse
2009-11-18, 01:17 PM
what's the difference between five heads and five headed exactly?

Bayar
2009-11-18, 02:24 PM
what's the difference between five heads and five headed exactly?

Each of Tiamat's head has it's own personality. Although the red one is usually dominant. That is having five heads.

Five headed is having a being with five heads but with only 1 concience.

Mystic Muse
2009-11-18, 02:27 PM
has five heads each with its own personality then. Red is mostly Dominant.

Gamerlord
2009-11-18, 04:24 PM
She looks OK, not awful.

nightwyrm
2009-11-19, 12:05 AM
Maybe have her hair color change to indicate which head is currently in control while she's in human form.

edit: I see that's been proposed already.

I can see using colored speech bubbles but that lacks a visual cue as to which is in control if she's not talking. I was also thinking that one way you can show her 5 heads doing internal dialogue is to have colored bubbles that doesn't match her outer visual cue.

Gamerlord
2009-11-21, 02:11 PM
I can't wait till the next issue!

Mystic Muse
2009-11-21, 09:33 PM
sorry it's taking so long. other stuff I've been doing that's getting in the way.

Crafty Cultist
2009-11-21, 10:53 PM
No worries, we can wait:smallsmile:

Mystic Muse
2009-11-21, 11:53 PM
I'm abouta thrid done with the next comic. After that the actual plot shall start.:smallbiggrin:

and after that we need a banner.

Gamerlord
2009-11-22, 01:50 PM
I already PMed my idea for a banner, remember?

Lets hope that the Cerebuses syndrome isn't too bad.

Dusk Eclipse
2009-11-22, 08:10 PM
Nice comic :biggrin:

Mystic Muse
2009-11-22, 08:20 PM
Nice comic :biggrin:

the second one probably changed due to a continuity error from the last one. I'd rather not explain how Bahamut spontaneously lost his boots.:smalltongue:

and with that. new comic up. Yeah I know the dust cloud sucks.

Levels of Cerebus syndrome are unknown at this point in time.

Dusk Eclipse
2009-11-22, 08:22 PM
... I need to put more attention to the art

Mystic Muse
2009-11-22, 08:39 PM
... I need to put more attention to the art

yes. I think you do.

EDIT: and so do I apparently.:smallsigh: I'll get working on the errors tomorrow.

Zincorium
2009-11-25, 10:47 AM
Okay, now that I can actually see... a few suggestions if you think you can work it out artistically.

1. Use larger speech bubbles relative to the amount of text. Blank space may look a bit odd, but words that hit the border are very distracting.

2. Go higher resolution. It'll help readability of the text and the characters will look as good as you're able to draw. If you're using something along the lines of MS paint, make things big and then scale it down for viewing with something else.

3. Lower the saturation of the colors you're using. There's an extreme degree of contrast, which is fine for some things (like Tia's hair or Pelor's shorts) but it's a bit garish on other stuff.

4. Tia needs high heels- like, really obvious ones. Dominatrix level heels, even. Rounded, flat soled shoes make a character more down to earth and comical- Tia really should have uncomfortable edges at the beginning of the comic, and if you can bring those out with minimal effort it'll be rewarding.

5. Timing/window location. Readers of most western languages read left to right, then up and down, so if you have the dialogue located adjacent to the character's heads all the time it seems out of order.

Hope I'm being helpful rather than annoying and pedantic.

Gamerlord
2009-11-25, 05:26 PM
Oooooh!
New Comic!

Mystic Muse
2009-11-28, 12:26 AM
Sorry there hasn't been a new comic for a while guys. I've had a distinct lack of ideas for the next one. can anybody help?

Zincorium
2009-11-28, 06:55 AM
Cooking is always good.

Possible idea:
Bahamut is packing for business trip/finding his Neil Diamond records/attempting to organise his sock drawer...

While Tiamat does a rare attempt at cooking for some friend of hers in order to upstage them. What occurs then is the red personality is engaged in the competitiveness of making some excessively complicated dish, another personality (or two) seize control of her speech centers and has a disjointed conversation with Bahamut.

Bonus points for attempting to hit on Bahamut inexplicably.

Mystic Muse
2009-11-29, 05:17 PM
I think I'll use your idea Zincorium. thanks for helping!:smallbiggrin:

Cizak
2009-12-02, 03:28 AM
Please use big letters at the start of a sentance. :smallsigh:

Keris
2009-12-02, 03:59 AM
Please use big letters at the start of a sentance. :smallsigh:

if you insist.

{table="width=468px"]avatar by Tiffanie Lirle (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=29086)!|
pedantic, I?

visit the ABR IRC channel at[br]irc://dalnet/AvatarBattleRoyale|the current[br]Houses of Fanservice PM list (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5931998&postcount=603)[/table]

Yes, I know you meant to use capital letters/majuscules.

Cizak
2009-12-02, 10:30 AM
if you insist.

*Beep* off :smallyuk::smalltongue:

Mystic Muse
2009-12-02, 12:49 PM
This is a forum not an Essay. Stop caring about capitals.:smalltongue:

*goes to work on comic like he should be doing*

Cizak
2009-12-02, 02:57 PM
Correction: This is a webcomic, care very much about capitals.

Mystic Muse
2009-12-02, 08:56 PM
Ah. I thought you were complaining about my posts

Yay! another thing to edit.:smallsigh:

Rockphed
2009-12-02, 11:15 PM
Yay! The comic is up! The one problem I noticed was that, sometimes, people's boots pointed the wrong directions, though I have faith that the art will improve as you write and draw more.

Also, HURRAY for red-headed Tiamat!

Mystic Muse
2009-12-03, 12:34 PM
have faith that the art will improve as you write and draw more.

believe me it will. I'm new at this so I'm going to make a few newby mistakes.

next comic is being made.

Zincorium
2009-12-05, 11:27 PM
Aye, persist in the face of all that thwarts you!

Most people could probably draw but aren't willing to actually put in the time and effort required. Of course, only a few of them would draw things that are worth looking at regardless.

Mystic Muse
2009-12-06, 12:45 AM
I'll get some more done tomorrow. School and a few other things have been keeping me from it.

EDIT: six panels so far. THis one is going to be a bit longer. Also, no joke at the end. This one is to help advance what little plot this comic currently has.

Mystic Muse
2009-12-06, 04:42 PM
next comic will be up in about a minute. I skipped ahead because I couldn't think of anything else funny in that part of the story. Or anything even Relevant.

Also, Tiamat's hair is brighter or Darker depending on how she feels at the time. So if her hair is light green she's happy. if it's dark green she ticked. Just an example.

Black hair stays the same no matter what.:smalltongue:

Lolth shall be introduced next comic. however I have to ask the other conspirators how she should look. I think we're going to be developing Tiamat and her personalities for a bit but I'll have to ask the rest of the conspirators what they think of that as well.

I'll be PMing the conspirators tomorrow. If you feel like it you can PM me at any time with suggestions.

I may also do a few fake comics. I know I'll do at least one for April fools. If anybody wants to suggest a joke comic feel free to. It doesn't have to work with the current timeline or anything. However it has to make me REALLY laugh before I consider taking time off from the main comic to make it.

Mystic Muse
2009-12-09, 09:39 PM
hopefully this doesn't break board rules. >_>

okay Conspirators. I think we should start meeting up on AIM if we can. I can talk to you on MSN if not. It's just that if we were all on a chat program it would be so much easier to bounce ideas back and forth.

Crafty Cultist
2009-12-10, 01:58 AM
What is AIM? I dont have much experience with chat rooms

Mystic Muse
2009-12-10, 02:05 AM
AOL instant messenger.

Mystic Muse
2010-01-08, 03:09 PM
Wow. it's almost been a whole month since my last update. Sorry about that guys.

The song is "the changing of the guard" by Bob Dylan. The line in the last panel Is being said by Bahamut. note the lack of musical notes.

Sorry I couldn't get anything about Lolth in. I'm having a bit of trouble drawing her. ANd I know it's kind of a lousy comic, I'll try and get something better out next time. No I'm not going to use entire pantheons of gods in this comic, only the ones most suggested by the other conspirators and ones I like unless they get voted down by the other conspirators..

I'll try and make my updates more constant than this.

hey, at least I Have a better update rate than Dresden Codak.:smallamused:(for those who don't know there was a three year gap between comics)

apologies to the conspirators for not running this comic by them first. I just had to get something out and this comic seemed harmless enough. Also, as far as I can tell Vorel was never described other than being "beautiful" which doesn't translate well through webcomics.

Gamerlord
2010-01-09, 08:40 PM
NEW COMIC!
I didn't know. I ought to read posts more carefully.
I'll admit it, this one was so-and-so, but maybe i'm biased cause I hate music.

Mystic Muse
2010-01-09, 08:57 PM
I think it was so and so as well but I had to get something out. Plus this reveals a bit more about Bahamut and Tiamat's past which may end well.

what would be better would be if I had an actually decent computer so I could get a better version of inkscape.

Keris
2010-01-09, 09:53 PM
hey, at least I Have a better update rate than Dresden Codak.:smallamused:(for those who don't know there was a three year gap between comics)
Months. The longest DC has gone without a comic is 3 months.

Anyway, your storyline shows promise, but the artwork still leaves much to be desired. Keep practising, even when your "conspirators" are still discussing the plot, and you're sure to improve. A couple of minor things, drawing a bold set of borders over the comic will help distinguish individual panels, and will cover up any slight misaligns at the edge of each panel, giving it a cleaner appearance. Additionally, try not to export too much blank space, it serves no real purpose and looks untidy. Lining up the location text in #4 with the comic itself would reduce the image size by half.

Mystic Muse
2010-01-09, 09:58 PM
okay. Facepalm on misreading the dresden codak thing. I misread something.

I don't know HOW the location thing happened. I'll fix that.

EDIT: it was in white text for some reason. that's why I didn't notice it.

double EDIT: thanks for the tip about borders.

And I know the art is bad. Maybe I should make avatars for people to get better?

Triple edit: Is Deviantart better for hosting images than Photobucket? I've noticed some people (like Elagune) having trouble with Photobucket before.

Lix Lorn
2010-03-31, 12:05 PM
Funny. XD Bahamut and Tiamat rule.

Mystic Muse
2010-04-03, 02:13 AM
well, I shall be updating today. Got a few more panels to finish and then it's done. However, I can't think of how to finish it right now, so I'm going to go for a bike ride to clear my head.

I'll also be trying to get a more consistent update schedule.

Well, it looks like I was not able to get than April fools day comic done. I'm genuinely Sorry guys.:smallfrown: At least I finished the banner.

If any of the conspirators are reading this we're just going to communicate ideas in thread now. just put Spoilers up so that people who don't want to don't have to read about possible plotlines.

Tulio d Bard
2010-04-03, 02:13 PM
Really liked the blue-haired Tiamat. :smallbiggrin:

Mystic Muse
2010-04-03, 04:57 PM
Really liked the blue-haired Tiamat. :smallbiggrin:

Thanks. I'm going to be editing that comic later because I made one or two mistakes though.

Comic has been edited for better flow. The Art Monkey is appeased.

Nidogg
2010-04-07, 12:01 PM
Would like to see Wee jass come up. And Yay for white Ti

Mystic Muse
2010-04-07, 12:06 PM
Would like to see Wee jass come up. And Yay for white Ti

That was actually supposed to be her hair changing from red to blue. White Tiamat hasn't come up quite yet. She will eventually. As will Tiamat in five headed Dragon form. THe gods won't [I]always[I} be in human forms. Except for Maybe Pelor and Asmodeus. Although technically the Latter is an Archdevil not a god.

I'll try and get Wee Jas in if I can. However, I'd say my priority is to get Gruumsh and Correlon in, or possibly Io.

Kris Strife
2010-04-08, 03:38 AM
Suggestion for Io: Rainbow Tie-die clothes and/or rainbow colored hair. His symbol is a metal disc of every color...

Either way his hair should be long, and he should be very, very laid back, with an 'all things in due time' type of attitude, maybe prone to giving cryptic (or not so cryptic) advice. The kind that only makes sense either when needed or in retrospect.

Feel free to have him say things that break the fourth wall very occasionally. He is usually consider the oldest god outside of the over dieties, so that should definantly be a factor in how you potray him, even for comedic purposes.

In retrospect, if you give him multihued hair, have it be faded or at least have him comment on going grey. In fact, have him comment on Bahamut already having grey hair... :smallwink:

Lix Lorn
2010-04-08, 07:58 AM
Could I request Garyx? And when I say request, I mean beg on my hands and knees and offer anything I can give?

He'd have long red hair, and a greatsword at least as tall as he is... or an axe... AND an axe... no, just a sword... (Lost in thought)

Kris Strife
2010-04-08, 09:26 AM
Have him be in middle managment with a pile of broken stress balls in and around the trash can.

Lix Lorn
2010-04-08, 09:48 AM
Io or Garyx? XD

Mystic Muse
2010-04-08, 01:28 PM
:sigh: wow, I mean just wow.

How did I not think to put in Tiamat's children?:smallredface:

Lix Lorn
2010-04-08, 01:47 PM
Tiamat has named children?

Mystic Muse
2010-04-08, 01:55 PM
Tiamat has named children?

Yeah, I thought Garyx was one of them. let me check Draconomicon.

Kris Strife
2010-04-08, 06:28 PM
Io or Garyx? XD

Definantly Garyx. :smallbiggrin:

Mystic Muse
2010-04-09, 03:26 AM
Suggestion for Io: Rainbow Tie-die clothes and/or rainbow colored hair. His symbol is a metal disc of every color...

Either way his hair should be long, and he should be very, very laid back, with an 'all things in due time' type of attitude, maybe prone to giving cryptic (or not so cryptic) advice. The kind that only makes sense either when needed or in retrospect.

Feel free to have him say things that break the fourth wall very occasionally. He is usually consider the oldest god outside of the over dieties, so that should definantly be a factor in how you potray him, even for comedic purposes.

In retrospect, if you give him multihued hair, have it be faded or at least have him comment on going grey. In fact, have him comment on Bahamut already having grey hair... :smallwink:

So, Io is a Hippie?

Kris Strife
2010-04-09, 05:17 AM
So, Io is a Hippie?

Except with out the nature loving and druggie aspect, and with any dragon's love of a good hoard to sleep on. :smallbiggrin:

Lix Lorn
2010-04-09, 12:43 PM
Io is true neutral, and cares only about dragons. XD
Garyx, according to Races of the Dragon, is a chaotic evil dragon deity of fire, death, destruction... and renewal. Doesn't say about possible relationships. But i don't have Draconomicon, so yeah. XD

Mystic Muse
2010-04-15, 07:57 PM
Slight update. Really just a joke comic but I promise to get one that advances the plot before this Monday.

If anybody besides Kris Strife and EvilElitest wants to continue working on this you need to message me back before Wednesday or I'm removing your name.

speaking of names, I think this comic needs a new one.

Lix Lorn
2010-04-16, 07:55 AM
Hee. It was funny. Especially the fourth wall breaking. XD

Froogleyboy
2010-04-18, 12:35 PM
I'm liking it. It has great potential

Mystic Muse
2010-04-18, 01:09 PM
I might actually not being able to get the `comic finished today. I'm not feeling too well. I have a sore throat and my chest feels all mucousy.

Lix Lorn
2010-04-18, 01:17 PM
Aw, 's okay. (hugs) Whenever you feel up to it.

Kris Strife
2010-04-21, 08:26 AM
*gives a very long pipe cleaner* Use these. They work wonders. :smalltongue:

Mystic Muse
2010-04-22, 03:56 PM
Update! don't know why panel twelve keep messing up. the text is supposed to read "he burnt down Asmodeus's office building."

okay 2 things.
1. I'm going to be gone until Sunday with no internet access.
2.I need plot ideas.
3. I think we need a new name for the comic.
4. should we hire more conspirators or is two fine? nobody messaged me back other than Crafty cultist who quit.

Froogleyboy
2010-04-22, 04:08 PM
If you need another conspirator. I'm here

Lix Lorn
2010-04-22, 04:46 PM
I would be here, but I'm doing nasty exams.

Gamerlord
2010-05-01, 12:33 PM
Gamerkid, reporting in from a long trip through the land of computer crashing.

Mystic Muse
2010-05-01, 02:18 PM
Gamerkid, reporting in from a long trip through the land of computer crashing.

Ah. Sorry about that. Adding you back to the list.

Even though you're a mind flayer.

So, any ideas?

Gamerlord
2010-05-01, 07:24 PM
Ah. Sorry about that. Adding you back to the list.

Even though you're a mind flayer.

So, any ideas?

Hold on...I'm feeling the vibes....I have one! It is called...."I have no ideas!"

Mystic Muse
2010-05-01, 07:28 PM
Hold on...I'm feeling the vibes....I have one! It is called...."I have no ideas!"

........dang.

So, none of us have any ideas...what do we do now?

I guess I could just try to continue the story anyway. Not sure how well it's going to go but it's better than letting the comic die I guess.

Gamerlord
2010-05-01, 07:38 PM
I have one! Funny thing my brain, thinks of new ideas at the speed of light, probably why it is so easy for me to make new campaign worlds.
Asmodues decides to Repo Tiamat and Co. houses as pay back for Garyx's mess

Kris Strife
2010-05-01, 07:44 PM
Bake sale, block party, someone getting fired from their job to be rehired at the end of the episode/arc, mistaken identity, someone accidentally having two dates at the same time and the like are all standard sitcom plots.

Mystic Muse
2010-05-01, 07:44 PM
I have one! Funny thing my brain, thinks of new ideas at the speed of light, probably why it is so easy for me to make new campaign worlds.
Asmodues decides to Repo Tiamat and Co. houses as pay back for Garyx's mess

Hmm. I think I can work this in next comic. thanks.:smallbiggrin:

anybody have any objections?

Nidogg
2010-05-02, 05:34 AM
Ooh! You could have Ti ,if gets repo'd retraining to be... with wee jass as teacher! Seriosly, she tests people to DEATH!

Mystic Muse
2010-05-12, 11:29 PM
Okay, a while ago I came up with an Idea I thought I might run by you conspirators.

In the original story, Vorel Io's first child, is killed by Tiamat and Io Disowns her. She did this because she wanted to frame Bahamut and get him killed. However, she failed to convince Io that Bahamut did so.

What if we changed that around a bit? What if Tiamat actually did succeed in framing her brother and is now the favorite of dear old dad? It would make Bahamut visiting his dad a lot more awkward and as we all know awkwardness is what Sitcoms are all about.

good, bad, Ugly, Horridness from the depths of the brain of an eldritch abomination that should never see the light of day? your choice. This is of course assuming I can fix my Laptop reasonably soon. I don't think it's that great an idea but worth bringing up.

Kris Strife
2010-05-12, 11:31 PM
Eh, I don't care for it. Kind of takes away from Io's wisdom if Tiamat can deceive him.

Mystic Muse
2010-05-12, 11:32 PM
Eh, I don't care for it. Kind of takes away from Io's wisdom if Tiamat can deceive him.

Good point. Like I said, not a great idea.

We'll just keep going with the "Asmodeus is pretty ticked off right now" Storyline then.

Mystic Muse
2010-05-30, 06:51 PM
Okay, Got my computer to behave again. OMGWTFBBQ! is back on!

Now, one little concern I have is this. We need a plausible explanation as to why Tiamat and Bahamut haven't gotten a divorce yet. Preferably without fourth wall breakage.

I almost have a complete update. If anybody has any ideas for this comic now is the time to let me know.

Kris Strife
2010-05-30, 07:00 PM
Cause at least one of Tiamat's heads has a thing for Bahamut?

Mystic Muse
2010-05-30, 07:01 PM
Cause at least one of Tiamat's heads has a thing for Bahamut?

True but I don't think that'd prevent the other four from divorcing him. She'd be overruled.

Lord Raziere
2010-05-30, 07:14 PM
maybe at least three have a thing for him? that is a majority.

either that or its Tiamat torturing Bahamut in the best way she can think of- by being his wife.

or she is just masochistic or something :smallconfused: chaotic evil peoples way of thinking never seem to make much sense from a normal person's perspective anyways.

Lix Lorn
2010-05-30, 07:20 PM
Maybe Io's making them. I mean, he did make them so that they'd breed, thereby combining all the qualities of dragonkind into one.

Mystic Muse
2010-05-30, 07:26 PM
maybe at least three have a thing for him? that is a majority. I guess I haven't really shown the way most of her other personalities feel towards him. This could work. Plus Io trying to get them together like Lix Lorn said.

Gamerlord
2010-06-08, 08:27 AM
Tiamat one day made a HUGE bet with one of the other deities related to the marriage, and she has to avoid from losing that bet?

Dusk Eclipse
2010-06-08, 08:56 AM
maybe at least three have a thing for him? that is a majority.

either that or its Tiamat torturing Bahamut in the best way she can think of- by being his wife.

or she is just masochistic or something :smallconfused: chaotic evil peoples way of thinking never seem to make much sense from a normal person's perspective anyways.

Ummm tiamat is Lawful Evil...

Mystic Muse
2010-06-08, 08:59 AM

Yep. In fact this is the only reason I can think of why they haven't killed each other out of frustration right now.

Sorry it's taking a while. I'm not sure about the quality of the update So I'm going to make a different one. Also, Sooooooo tired.

EDIT: The new one I'm doing is going to focus on Io and Bahamut. Still haven't decided exactly what I want Bahamut's dragon form to look like so it'll just be them in their humanoid forms. Although Io's will look a bit more draconic than Bahamut's or Tiamat's.

Lord Raziere
2010-06-08, 09:14 AM

No, I remember her being chaotic evil.

Mystic Muse
2010-06-08, 09:16 AM
No, I remember her being chaotic evil.

:smallconfused: Where did you read this? There is an online CR 105 chaotic evil version but I'm fairly certain the official version is Lawful evil.

Lix Lorn
2010-06-08, 09:21 AM
Races of the Dragon's Deities section says LE.

Lord Raziere
2010-06-08, 09:24 AM
:smallconfused: Where did you read this? There is an online CR 105 chaotic evil version but I'm fairly certain the official version is Lawful evil.

.....darn it, your actually right.....

.....well..... my official version is chaotic evil..... I dunno...just makes more sense that way.

Mystic Muse
2010-06-08, 09:25 AM
.....darn it, your actually right.....

.....well..... my official version is chaotic evil..... I dunno...just makes more sense that way.

Yes, well, you can have her be whatever version/alignment you like. However, this one is LE. For now at least.

Gamerlord
2010-06-08, 12:33 PM
Y'know, we COULD use google wave, I know very little about it but it sounds like it could be excellent from brainstorming sessions.

Mystic Muse
2010-06-08, 03:32 PM
Y'know, we COULD use google wave, I know very little about it but it sounds like it could be excellent from brainstorming sessions.

This intrigues me and I wish to learn more.

Gamerlord
2010-06-08, 03:33 PM
This intrigues me and I wish to learn more.

Wikipedia article (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_wave)
Website (https://wave.google.com/wave/)

Mystic Muse
2010-06-08, 03:42 PM
Gah. Why can these agreements never actually be readable?:smallsigh:

Gamerlord
2010-06-08, 03:42 PM
Gah. Why can these agreements never actually be readable?:smallsigh:

:smallconfused: What do you mean by that? Terms of service agreements?

Mystic Muse
2010-06-08, 03:45 PM
:smallconfused: What do you mean by that? Terms of service agreements?

Yes. Maybe I don't actually have anything to complain about but I always feel like when I just go on without reading There's some clause that states I've signed away my immortal soul or something.

Gamerlord
2010-06-08, 03:47 PM
Yes. Maybe I don't actually have anything to complain about but I always feel like when I just go on without reading There's some clause that states I've signed away my immortal soul or something.
Your more paranoid then I am when it comes to these things apparently, I just click "I agree" because I know they are always the same thing.

Mystic Muse
2010-06-08, 04:26 PM
Your more paranoid then I am when it comes to these things apparently, I just click "I agree" because I know they are always the same thing.

Yes. I'm paranoid. I'm also tired and those two don't go well together.

Gamerlord
2010-06-08, 05:19 PM
Yes. I'm paranoid. I'm also tired and those two don't go well together.

I'm both of those all of the time, except for ToS agreements.

Mystic Muse
2010-06-08, 05:23 PM
Well, I made an account. My normal names weren't available so I'm Demonking888

Gamerlord
2010-06-08, 05:24 PM
Well, I made an account. My normal names weren't available so I'm Demonking888

I should be Gamerlord. Want to test it?

Mystic Muse
2010-06-18, 04:44 AM
Sorry guys. I don't think I'm going to be able to do anything more on the webcomic for a while. Does somebody else want to take over as art monkey or should we just let the comic die for now?

Gamerlord
2010-06-18, 05:52 AM
Sorry guys. I don't think I'm going to be able to do anything more on the webcomic for a while. Does somebody else want to take over as art monkey or should we just let the comic die for now?

I would, but I absolutely stink at webcomic drawing, the best I ever did was a man in a top hat and suit, and his suit looked like a censored bar.