PDA

View Full Version : In Sydney, there be dragons!

Katana_Geldar
2009-11-17, 05:20 AM
Well, not yet but they will be (http://www.anmm.gov.au/site/page.cfm?u=1391)

This just looks AWESOME to the point where I'd like to bring a sword and have my picture taken next to the dragon looking as if I were about to slay it. :smallbiggrin:

And it's FREE!

I'll be up there, anyone else want to see some dragons, unicorns and mermaids?

Serpentine
2009-11-17, 05:30 AM
omg omg omg! I have to go see that! :smallbiggrin: But it's ages away :smallfrown: But it ends on my birthday - surely I have to see it for that! :smallbiggrin:

edit: You know what... I reckon my mum would be willing to pay for me to get down there for my birthday.

Felixaar
2009-11-17, 06:39 AM
...and I picked Melbourne to live in?

Mercenary Pen
2009-11-17, 06:42 AM
At least you guys get it in your own country...:smallannoyed:

Linkavitch
2009-11-17, 11:10 AM
At least you guys got it in your own hemisphere...:smalltongue:

Katana_Geldar
2009-11-18, 05:11 PM
I'm thinking of taking a D&D book when I go, if only to have my picture taken figuring out how to beat it.

This actually might be a good idea for a sydney playgrounders meetup if anyone is interested.

Cobra_Ikari
2009-11-18, 05:15 PM
I'm thinking of taking a D&D book when I go, if only to have my picture taken figuring out how to beat it.

This actually might be a good idea for a sydney playgrounders meetup if anyone is interested.

=O

Best picture EVER. =3

Katana_Geldar
2009-11-18, 05:23 PM
And then you have a DM with the DMG controlling it like some sorcerer.

Shas aia Toriia
2009-11-18, 05:33 PM
That's pretty cool I guess.
By which I mean Awesome!

Mercenary Pen
2009-11-18, 07:19 PM

Best make that a whole stack of books... You'll need the MM you think it comes from plus PHB (and other spell sources) for the spell list. Beyond that, there might be other sources needed in case the Dragon's feat list has been re-worked (Leap Attack + Shock Trooper dragon anyone?)

Serpentine
2009-11-18, 09:31 PM

This actually might be a good idea for a sydney playgrounders meetup if anyone is interested.I am very interested.
And if we do do that, we should definitely do something like the aforementioned nerdery.

Katana_Geldar
2009-11-18, 10:01 PM
I'm thinking of going to the actual opening day on the 19th.

Serpentine
2009-11-18, 10:15 PM
But... mah burfday :smallfrown:

Nah, I'm sure mum could handle making it a slightly early birthday present :smalltongue:

WE MUST MAKE THIS HAPPEN.

Berserk Monk
2009-11-18, 10:17 PM

This just looks AWESOME to the point where I'd like to bring a sword and have my picture taken next to the dragon looking as if I were about to slay it. :smallbiggrin:

And it's FREE!

No. Dragons come from space and land in Viking inhabited Europe. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outlander_(film))

Katana_Geldar
2009-11-18, 10:19 PM
But... mah burfday :smallfrown:

Nah, I'm sure mum could handle making it a slightly early birthday present :smalltongue:

WE MUST MAKE THIS HAPPEN.

Well, it's a week before Christmas...

If we make this, we could also have get game in as they play at Tin Soldier on Thursday nights and get some OOTS stuff.

Serpentine
2009-11-18, 10:24 PM
I forgot that it starts so early - I was thinking the 19th of May.
Scrap that, if we're gonna do this properly it's gotta be next year. To be honest, May would be pretty ideal for me, but I'm flexible. More importantly, we need plenty of planning time (at least, me and any other non-Sydneysiders will need it).
You'll just have to go twice :smallwink:

Could you please repeat your last sentence, with clarification?

Katana_Geldar
2009-11-18, 10:26 PM
I won't be in Sydney in May. :smallfrown:

But a miniature shop on York Street, Tin Soldier, sells OOTS stuff and they have games Thursday nights. Mostly war games, but there may be a few actual table ones you can do.

But it opens in a month and I only found out about it yesterday. It would be great if the get together could be while I am there as I won't be in Sydney from after New Year.

Serpentine
2009-11-18, 10:38 PM
You won't be able to get back there anytime next year? Cuz I'll be way up north in Cairns from Christmas 'til after New Years. And I'm in Armidale normally...

Katana_Geldar
2009-11-18, 10:42 PM
Aw, too bad then. :smallfrown:

I'll post some pictures though when I get there, with or without geekery.

Serpentine
2009-11-18, 11:33 PM
I think I'll still see if I can organise some bit of a gathering - which, of course, you're still welcome to join :smallwink:

Krugg
2009-11-21, 08:46 AM
I'm there for sure!

Violet Octopus
2009-11-21, 08:52 AM
Awesome. Will be there.

Yarram
2009-11-22, 01:04 AM
Nearly... There... So close to leaving Grafton... But so far...

Serpentine
2009-11-22, 01:07 AM
So, who else would be interested in having an Aussie meet-up there?

My Boy just found out that his FAVOURITEST BAND EVAR!, the Killers, are playing a festival in Sydney in February and I said I'd go for that, so that'd be a good time for me. I'd like to say "we should wait 'til after the school holidays", but I think there's some people here who have school? Also I don't know when they end.

Katana_Geldar
2009-11-22, 02:26 AM
It's different for every state, Serpentine, and that's done on purpose.

Serpentine
2009-11-22, 02:29 AM
I know :smalltongue: For NSW.

Katana_Geldar
2009-11-22, 02:36 AM
School in NSW usually starts sometime around Australia Day, unless it's changed

Katana_Geldar
2009-12-18, 07:08 AM
I'll be going tomorrow! I'll be there with my PHB as that's the only D&D book I brought up here.

But there are new photos (http://www.anmm.gov.au/site/page.cfm?u=1599)

Lord Thurlvin
2009-12-18, 07:23 AM

And it's FREE!

:smallfurious:JEALOUSY:smallfurious:
But seriously, that looks pretty cool.

Ilena
2009-12-18, 08:59 AM
Now i wish i was there even more :( you make me sad :P I just wish that comes up here, but who knows :P

llamamushroom
2009-12-19, 07:22 AM
I'm all for a meet-up there - it's be nice to actually see the other Aussies. Or, at least, the other Aussies who could make it to Sydney for a nerd-tastic exhibition.

I also second a post-school-holidays thing, but definitely before May. Feb sounds good. Early enough for my teachers not to have buried me under the HSC.

Katana_Geldar
2009-12-20, 11:52 PM
Here ya go! (http://gmgeldar.wordpress.com/2009/12/21/encounters-in-sydney/)