PDA

View Full Version : Best Prestige Classes for Druid.

Jazarkrazaj
2009-11-19, 11:58 PM
As the title suggests, I'm looking for any and all WotC Prestige Classes that will stack with Druid for purposes of Animal Companion and Wild Shape.

I already have Master of Many Forms, Beast Master, Daggerspell Shaper, Nature's Warrior, Planar Shepard and Warshaper.

I'm hoping that's not all the possible classes. If there are more, I'd love to know, thanks.

Glimbur
2009-11-20, 12:03 AM
Druid. Seriously.

There's Moonspeaker in some Eberron book that they say is good, but almost every PrC (besides Planar Shepherd) hits you in the casting, the wildshape, or the animal companion. Just take Druid 20.

Haven
2009-11-20, 12:09 AM
Well, there's arcane hierophant if you multiclass. But, yeah, there's no shame in straight druid.

Book Wyrm
2009-11-20, 12:32 AM
The only class that I can find that stack with both animal companion progression and wildshape is the Arcane Heirophant, which requires arcane casting.

Without sacrificing something, either druid casting, wildshape, or animal companion progression, straight Druid 20 is your best bet.

I know it sounds lame, but there's a reason Druids are a Tier 1 class.

BobVosh
2009-11-20, 12:45 AM
Take 1 level of beastmaster, whatever the feat is that gives +3 to druid level for AC, and whatever wildshape PrC.

Go planar Shepard if you want the "best" PrC for druids.

root9125
2009-11-20, 12:46 AM
Know what makes Druid even better? MOAR DRUID.

Tackyhillbillu
2009-11-20, 01:01 AM
Know what makes Druid even better? MOAR DRUID.

I thought the answer was Planar Shepherd?

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-11-20, 01:03 AM
I thought the answer was Planar Shepherd?No, that makes the Druid into a pancake under a large pile of rocks.

Although even more Druid has a chance of that result.

Berserk Monk
2009-11-20, 01:19 AM
Well, I was gonna suggest Warshaper and Nature's Warrior but you already have those.

If you want to go anti-druid, there's a prestige class for that (can't remember the name though:smallannoyed:).

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-11-20, 01:22 AM
Well, I was gonna suggest Warshaper and Nature's Warrior but you already have those.

If you want to go anti-druid, there's a prestige class for that (can't remember the name though:smallannoyed:).Blighter. It's weak, and requires insanely stupid hoops be jumped through in order to cast, but it's better than nothing at all.

DragoonWraith
2009-11-20, 02:04 AM
Without sacrificing something, either druid casting, wildshape, or animal companion progression, straight Druid 20 is your best bet.
Assuming it doesn't get you rock-falled-everyone-dies, Planar Shepherd is strictly superior.

PumpkinJack
2009-11-20, 04:29 PM
Corpselight Whisperer (from K's Tome of Necromancy). It takes the druid class in a very different direction although your DM may not allow it since it's not from an official source.

Gametime
2009-11-20, 06:34 PM
Warshaper and Master of Many Forms both blow for druids. They're great prestige classes, but honestly, they add much less to the wildshape ability than the druid would gain from MOAR SPELLS. The versatility you get from buffs, debuffs, even the occasional direct damage spell vastly outweighs the benefits of slightly higher strength or constitution while wildshaped.

Now, the Wildshaping Ranger, on the other hand...he LOVES him some Warshaper and Master of Many Forms.

Tackyhillbillu
2009-11-20, 06:46 PM
Gametime is definitely correct. A Gestalt Wildshape Ranger/Warshaper/MoMF//Swordsage was probably the most fun I have ever had with a character.

Kobold-Bard
2009-11-20, 07:19 PM
Is Beastmaster made better by making all the Animal Companions available at your full Druid/BM level? Seems pretty cool, in a Pokemon Master kind of way.

HCL
2009-11-20, 10:32 PM
There are a couple prstige classes in BOED which are really nice if you are NG

Jazarkrazaj
2009-11-21, 01:25 AM
Thanks for the advice folks. I think I have some ideas now.

Acanous
2009-11-21, 01:37 AM
Lion of Talisid.
You get: An extra animal companion, No breaks in spell progression, a bonus to your Fort and Will saves, (Because they get +2 when you PrC) Supernatural abilities (Leonal's roar, Lion's Swiftness) Pounce, Exalted Companion as a bonus feat (Making your animal companions even better)

Oh, and you DO lose out on Wildshape (Elemental) and Wildshape (Plant), but you still get Large and Tiny.

(Personally, I just love it for the second animal companion)

Most fun I ever had with a Druid, I had with 2 Leopard companions and wildshaped into a Leopard myself. The other players rarely got actions in.(Not that this is a good thing) It IS it's own party.

Darrin
2009-11-21, 09:34 AM
Arcane Hierophant, although that's one of those dual-progression classes. With the right build, though, you can get 9th level arcane and 9th level druid spellcasting (mostly by adding Green Whisperer and Sublime Chord).

Windwalker from Faiths & Pantheons has full caster levels and full BAB.

So does Verdant Lord in Masters of the Wild, although the 3.5 update moved control plants up to an 8th-level spell, so only a Druid/Cleric 15 can get into it.

Druids can qualify for Alienist, but since they don't use summon monster, some of the class abilities would be a little wonky. That would be one extremely strange druid.

They can also qualify for Elemental Savant... a bit sub-optimal, but nice flavor if you're looking to focus on one type of energy damage.

Sacred Fist might be interesting, if you're willing to dip somewhere to pick up Unarmed Strike (not necessarily monk, although monk + druid wildshape can mean wonderful things).

Gorbash
2009-11-21, 09:47 AM
As the title suggests, I'm looking for any and all WotC Prestige Classes that will stack with Druid for purposes of Animal Companion and Wild Shape.

I already have Master of Many Forms, Beast Master, Daggerspell Shaper, Nature's Warrior, Planar Shepard and Warshaper.

I'm hoping that's not all the possible classes. If there are more, I'd love to know, thanks.

Daggerspell Shaper doesn't really advances your Wild Shape in the strictest form... Yes, it does stack with Druid levels for duration and it gives you Large and Tiny forms, but it has one major flaw... It specifically states that it doesn't stack with druid levels for purposes of HD of things you can turn into... Yeah, that sucks bigtime.

Wavekeeper from Stormwrack is similar. It's a 9/10 spellcasting and animal companion progression, halts your Wild Shaping and gives you a Water Elemental form.

ranagrande
2009-11-21, 11:12 AM
The Abolisher from Lords of Madness stacks with for both Animal Companions and Wildshape. Most of its class features are pretty useless to a druid unless you are going to be almost exclusively fighting aberrations.

I find the class far more valuable as a one-level dip to get Wildshape as a non-druid.

Gorbash
2009-11-21, 01:01 PM
I find the class far more valuable as a one-level dip to get Wildshape as a non-druid.

Congratulations, you just spent a level in order to get the ability to wild shape only into a baboon!

ranagrande
2009-11-21, 01:14 PM
Congratulations, you just spent a level in order to get the ability to wild shape only into a baboon!

I didn't say it was good. :smalltongue: It can be useful for if you want to make a Paladin/Master of Many Forms or something though.

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-11-21, 01:21 PM
And fling sacred poo at your enemies?

Sliver
2009-11-21, 01:45 PM
I thought you can't smite evil with ranged attacks..

Grumman
2009-11-21, 02:03 PM
There's the Verminkeeper from Underdark, but it doesn't seem like anything to write home about. I'd only enter the class for the capstone ability, which lets you wildshape into a swarm.

Pharaoh's Fist
2009-11-21, 02:04 PM
I thought you can't smite evil with ranged attacks.

There's a feat for it.

Alex112524
2009-11-21, 02:10 PM
And fling sacred poo at your enemies?

If wizards are allowed to fling poo why not paladins?

Sliver
2009-11-21, 02:30 PM
If wizards are allowed to fling poo why not paladins?

Because wizards are awesome..

Berserk Monk
2009-11-21, 04:51 PM
Blighter. It's weak, and requires insanely stupid hoops be jumped through in order to cast, but it's better than nothing at all.

Thank you. Forgot the name but knew it was a class in Complete Divine.

I like Blighters. There silly. "I hate all nature." I actually have a rule for when I playing druids. If I ever hear the following line, I immediately realize trying to protect nature is foolish and go blighter:

"If we don't kill nature, how will we build our houses?" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDtuDbRg6Ic)

The video is from a LARP I used to go to. No one here at school knows about it, so the phrase has never come up, still it's just a silly rule I have.

Moff Chumley
2009-11-21, 07:17 PM
I'm in the strait Druid camp, m'self.

Leon
2009-11-21, 10:00 PM
There's a feat for it.

Also if your a Elf it can be a Racial ACF

Lycanthromancer
2009-11-21, 10:11 PM
I'm in the strait Druid camp, m'self.I like gay druids. Camp, not so much.

But druid and planar shepherd are in the extremely small list of "things that make druids even more powerful."