PDA

View Full Version : How to keep the unarmed strike

Brendan
2009-11-20, 04:12 PM
My character is a lizardfolk monk 3, but is multiclassing to crusader. Is there any way to keep the unarmed strike progression growing, as a monk does out of that class? I am thinking the superior unarmed strike frome ToB that is modifies so it instead just keeps the progression going instead of adding 4 to the monk level, but that means I will need to add a bit of homebrew, which is not optimal. Suggestions?

RagnaroksChosen
2009-11-20, 04:21 PM
My character is a lizardfolk monk 3, but is multiclassing to crusader. Is there any way to keep the unarmed strike progression growing, as a monk does out of that class? I am thinking the superior unarmed strike frome ToB that is modifies so it instead just keeps the progression going instead of adding 4 to the monk level, but that means I will need to add a bit of homebrew, which is not optimal. Suggestions?

don't forget improved natural attack.

Dusk Eclipse
2009-11-20, 05:07 PM
If you are not dead set on Crusader but want a Martial adept class, you can multiclass into an unarmed swordsage (gives up light armor proficiency and gain unarmed strike progression as a monk) and ask your DM if they stack.

Person_Man
2009-11-20, 05:22 PM
Index of every way to improve unarmed strike (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7081777). Other then a some magic items and a few feats which provide modest boosts to your damage, Crusader doesn't have a "natural" way to progress unarmed strike or increase their size. So you're probably better off just picking up an enchanted melee weapon.

PinkysBrain
2009-11-20, 05:30 PM
Superior Unarmed Strike, Monk's belt and Bones of Li-Peng (I personally don't buy the weird semantic contortions people use to make them not stack).

Mando Knight
2009-11-20, 05:50 PM
Superior Unarmed Strike, Monk's belt and Bones of Li-Peng (I personally don't buy the weird semantic contortions people use to make them not stack).

Indeed. Unarmed Strike isn't exactly an uber-optimal weapon anyway...

Brendan
2009-11-20, 07:09 PM
I just really like the idea of rushing into battle and smashing down the enemies with only my fists. Also, something non-wisdom dependent would be good. My stats are:
str 18
con 17
dex 11
int 15
wis 11 (not great for monk)
cha 15
my abilities really are not great for monk or swordsage, and more fitting for a crusader or warblade, but I prefer the mechanics of a crusader.

deuxhero
2009-11-20, 07:12 PM
Any praticular reason you have ToB and use core monk over unarmed swordsage?

Haven
2009-11-20, 07:17 PM
Maybe you could make a deal with your DM, ask if you can give up some of that tasty armor proficiency for the ability to keep advancing your unarmed strike? An "unarmed crusader" variant, in other words?

Brendan
2009-11-21, 11:51 AM
How much armor loss? I was earlier thinking of asking for monk weapons only, and only medium armor, but is that too little or too much?