PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder/3.5

OzCymru
2009-11-23, 05:16 PM
Can someone please explain what the main differences between D&D 3.5 and Pathfinder are? I've had a quick flick through the Pathfinder rulebook but can see very little obvious difference to 3.5. I won't bother getting it if the differences are minimal.

jmbrown
2009-11-23, 05:20 PM
Main differences? Feats, Class Abilities, and Combat maneuvers. Those are the areas with heaviest change. Spells have also been broken up or reorganized particularly how polymorph works, now.

Saph
2009-11-23, 05:26 PM
Someone was doing an index of changes at some point: the thread's fallen off the front pages but you should be able to find it with a little searching.

I did a summarised report here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127797), though it needs a little updating.

Short version, yes, there are quite a few changes, mostly lots and lots of small ones rather than big ones.

Hurlbut
2009-11-23, 09:47 PM
can see very little obvious difference to 3.5. I won't bother getting it if the differences are minimal.You didn't give the PF classes a good look over then. They're very much changed.

Mongoose87
2009-11-23, 10:04 PM
They made the Paladin a lot better. Smite Evil now penetrates DR and keeps going until you kill 'em.