PDA

View Full Version : [d20r, Feats] Two New Feats

Fax Celestis
2009-11-23, 11:59 PM
Flick of the Wrist [Investing]
Prerequisites: Dexterity 13

Benefit: If you have not attacked in this round, you may spend a swift action to make a single attack with a light or natural weapon at your full Base Attack Bonus. This attack, and all other attacks you make this round (including attacks of opportunity), suffer a -2 penalty.

Investiture: For each five points invested in this feat, the penalty on attack rolls decreases by one, to a minimum penalty of 0.

If you have at least eight points invested in this feat, you may use a one-handed weapon for your additional attack.

If you have thirteen points invested in this feat, you may make an additional attack with this swift action at the same attack bonus.

Skill Knowledge [Investing]
Benefit: Choose a skill that is not on any of your skill sets. That skill is now a class skill. You immediately gain two skill ranks--as if you had just leveled up--and must put them into the skill provided by this feat.

Investiture: For each two points of prowess you invest in this feat, you immediately gain a rank in the skill provided by this feat. You cannot surpass your normal skill cap based upon your level in this fashion.

Gralamin
2009-11-24, 12:12 AM
Simple but they look good Fax.

Latronis
2009-11-24, 06:03 AM
There's a feat called Flick of the Wrist in Complete Warrior(i think) Not a big deal i guess but it could get confusing for people using other material aswell.

Mulletmanalive
2009-11-24, 07:51 AM
I've been meaning to ask this for some time because it's not clear in the description of such:

Investiture points: do you have to buy abilities in one go or can you put points into feats in order to build up to the thresholds over several levels [a bit like skills but with a "first to the post" system in place].

The former seems to be the basic method based on the way things are worded in various places, but the latter makes more sense, especially considering the fact that some of the abilities [like Blind-fight] have costs that are higher than can possibly be met by one level of any of the classes [it requires 7 points but the highest award i can find is 6].

The feats certainly look useful for bucklers of swash. As a thought, you could allow Investiture points to be spent when Skill Knowledge was purchased to buy additional ranks as a once only thing.

Off topic: You seem a man in the know; i heard that Kellus had departed the boards. I'm not after details but I liked the guy and i'd hate to think something had happened. Anything you can pass on would be appreciated...

jagadaishio
2009-11-29, 12:13 AM
Instead of adding a skills to your list and giving bonus skill points, why not make Skill Knowledge an Investiture feat? For every prowess point invested, you gain one rank in your chosen non-class skill.

Magnor Criol
2009-11-29, 12:29 AM
Instead of adding a skills to your list and giving bonus skill points, why not make Skill Knowledge an Investiture feat? For every prowess point invested, you gain one rank in your chosen non-class skill.

Then you're spending a feat and prowess points, both of which are limited and valuable resources. The way this is you're only spending a feat.

jagadaishio
2009-11-29, 12:42 AM
Then you're spending a feat and prowess points, both of which are limited and valuable resources. The way this is you're only spending a feat.

You're also only getting two extra skill points, no increase per level. That means that, unless you intend to stop leveling one of your skills, you will never have more than two points in this. At the very least, have it give you two skill points per prowess invested in it. That way you can at least afford to max out your level in the skill without bankrupting yourself on skill points or prowess points.