PDA

View Full Version : Mortal World VI [BleachiTP]

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Edge
2009-11-26, 09:17 PM
This is open to all BleachitP people. New people, post a character in the Character Registry first, look for feedback in OOC second, and then post here. Thank you!

New and Improved (but loose) Rules v.1.1!
These "rules" are more loose guidelines that the three active elected OOC-moderators/mediators (Hollow Zaraki (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=24526), Draken (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=25927), and strawberryman (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=41475)) discussed to prevent arguments from breaking out in the OOC. In respect to each and every player, character, and the general plot with which character interactions weave, it's greatly appreciated if people keep these in mind with posts pertaining to BleachitP.

Consider asking to join in fights before jumping in.
As a result of several flocks of people joining into fights, and said fights becoming... unwieldy at best, and a complete cluster**** at the worst, please respect that all plots might not be open. Alternatively, if you yourself want to keep a fight cordoned off from other participants, say so in the OOC, at the beginning of your post, or both.
TALK major fights over with your opponent!
This is to keep arguments about who's the better fighter, who should win, blablablablabla, out of the OOC. Of course, talk these things over in PM, or some kind of IM service. While arguments might break out over said PM/IM... It keeps it out of the OOC. Which is what we're trying to do here. On that note...
Don't argue in the OOC!
That's the whole reason we were elected. To keep conflicts out of the OOC. They make the atmosphere oppressive, they make things less fun, and generally unpleasant and maybe even make the arguments larger than they need be. So, if you have a problem with someone, try to talk it out in PM or IM before using the OOC. And we highly recommend using one of the above listed mediators as a... well, mediator, via PM forwarding or shared IM chatrooms.

These guidelines/loose rules might be viable to change or be added on to as issues come up, but the bases are covered pretty well.

New get out there and have fun! :smallbiggrin:

KnightDisciple
2009-11-26, 09:20 PM
OOC:Reposting.

Luther spits on the ground.

"You're a bunch of sniveling, self-serving cowards, then. I've been to Britain. There's plenty of wilds left. Maybe not as much as there was, but it's not one giant city. And tell me, do the current mortals at all know of you and yours? Of this old agreement? No. Of course they don't. You cloak yourselves in myth and legend, like we do. Then you have the gall to say their silence is agreement? And then expect anyone so told to entreat with you? Now I'm glad my government hasn't done so. I can't speak for the Commander-General, but I'd say you don't sound trustworthy at all."

Edge
2009-11-26, 09:31 PM
You look for loopholes. I've seen that sort of thing before.

You make a promise, then look for the loophole in it. You take the first oppitunity. And you blame the other party, because oh no, it's their fault!

His eyes turn black, with yellow irises.

You're not getting the Crown back, in that case.

Luther spits on the ground.

"You're a bunch of sniveling, self-serving cowards, then. I've been to Britain. There's plenty of wilds left. Maybe not as much as there was, but it's not one giant city. And tell me, do the current mortals at all know of you and yours? Of this old agreement? No. Of course they don't. You cloak yourselves in myth and legend, like we do. Then you have the gall to say their silence is agreement? And then expect anyone so told to entreat with you? Now I'm glad my government hasn't done so. I can't speak for the Commander-General, but I'd say you don't sound trustworthy at all."

Besides, I'm not sure of the Crown's location, but I know it's not in Soul Society.

Daisuke smirks.

"My, how unfortunate. And I thought we were getting along nicely."

And once again, he cracks out the charming, empty smile.

"If those are you official responses, Commander General, then I am afraid I shall have to put it before the Courts. They are less forgiving than I. And American..."

The Old Man turns to face Luther.

You've obviously not been to Britain recently, then. Everywhere is tamed under tarmac, or concrete, plastic or glass. As for not knowing about us - well, let's see, people go missing without a trace and never come back. There are plenty of records of us and our dealings. In their own stupidity, they cannot put two and two together. And their silence - what is that but not acceptance? There are again records telling of how to contact us. Do they use them? No. Ergo, they must wish for the current state of things to continue. But anyway, Gunnery Sergeant, I'm not from a country that dropped the atomic bomb. Twice, in fact. In this very country, even!"

The Old Man's smile vanishes, and is replaced with a glare.

"Do not lecture me about morals, squire of the Pale Horse."

KnightDisciple
2009-11-26, 09:51 PM
Luther stays silent, and merely gives a cold glare back.

horngeek
2009-11-26, 09:53 PM
Daisuke looks at the Old Man.

That is defenitely my final answer.

You can leave.

Sucrose
2009-11-27, 12:42 AM
Honda Mamoru notes the Fae reiatsu, and is halfway through ordering another Plan Omega when the Commander General's can be felt. The addition of the invincible leader of all shinigami allowed him to relax, and continue his patrol. He then received a Hell Butterfly.

Feiyan smiled. Great! Mariko was regaining some smarts. She oughtta let Mamoru know. She sent a hell butterfly off, it should reach him quickly considering he was on patrol.

Mamoru-kun,
It's Feiyan. Thanks so much for looking after Mariko-chan while I had my little night out on the town. I can tell she enjoyed it very much. Some great news...today she associated my name with my voice, choosing the word consciously! It means that slowly, she is starting to become more like she used to be. We look forward to enjoying your visit after you're done duty.
-Feiyan

By the end of the message, he was smiling through tears. He found it a bit hard to focus on the patrol after that, enough so that Tetsuo was seriously considering calling him on it.

Edge
2009-11-27, 01:04 PM
"Very well, I shall do so. But my bodyguards wished to do a little sightseeing."

He turns back towards the door, and it swings open. He raises an arm and hold it out sideways from his body.

"New Contract: Contract of Masks."

As he utters these words, a massive number of golden words burn themselves into the sky, with a space for a signature at the bottom. The Old Man scribes there with a finger, leaving more glowing letters in its wake. He then raises his other hand towards the two bodyguards.

"Clause the Third: Shatter Deception."

There is a sound akin to breaking glass from the two bodyguards.

/Go. Walk around, enjoy the sights. Spread some chaos./

((Text surrounded by "/ /" now officially indicates Fae pseudo-Gaelic language))

"Given that we are not at war, Commander General, I hope you will allow them to wander peacefully around this city, even if the mortals can now see them."

He smiles the charming smile again, and enters the doorway to the Thorns, which closes shut behind him before beginning to melt.

The two guards continue to stare straight ahead for a moment, before turning and taking a step towards the city.

KnightDisciple
2009-11-27, 06:25 PM
Luther's eyes widen.

"You Fae presume too much. Stay where you are. You have not been given leave by local authorities to wander. Your apparent visibility to mortals will cause harm. You are ordered to cease and desist, pending discussion of this arrangement."

He accompanies the words by racking the slide on his gun, whose handle he just loaded with one of the special magazines.

"Stand down, and we can discuss this. But do not take one step further."

Edge
2009-11-27, 08:49 PM
The two guards turn back to look at Luther for a moment, sheathing their curved two-handed swords on their back as they do so. Both take their helmets off simultaneously, revealing almost identical faces of unnatural perfection, their pale faces dominated by elven features framed by shoulder length silver hair.

/Do you understand what the primate is saying, Gwynadd?/

/Not in the slightest, Bleidd./

The two turn back around, their helmets under their arms, and continue walking towards the city, their mail clanking quietly with each step.

horngeek
2009-11-27, 08:52 PM
A Garganta opens in front of them.

Leading to Huerco Muendo.

Daisuke looks at them blandly. Danku. Danku. Danku. Danku!

A cube is formed, with the Garganta as one side, the ground as another, and the others as the Danku barriers.

Edge
2009-11-27, 08:55 PM
((Horngeek, you are aware that Danku only blocks kido, right?))

horngeek
2009-11-27, 09:01 PM
{{...that hasn't been said, Edge. All right}}

Retcon time!

Garganta: still happens.

Danku barriers get swapped for a Tozanshō.

There's now an inverse Pyramydal shaped barrier with a Garganta inside it, leading to Huerco Muendo.

Draken
2009-11-27, 09:05 PM
(Hueco Mundo.

Also, I believe the Fae don't have the ability to control reishi so they can't use garganta.

Edit:

What I mean is that the Fae would not be able to make a path so they would just fall forever.)

horngeek
2009-11-27, 09:06 PM
:smallannoyed:

Edge
2009-11-27, 09:09 PM
((No, the Garganta's fine. It's technically a doorway, which means they can make some use of it. Edit about to happen to show what.))

Gwynadd and Bleidd stop walking as the kido forms around them and the Garganta opens in front them.

/How rude./

/It's no matter Bleidd. It's a door to somewhere, which means it's a door to the Thorns./

Gwynadd steps forward, and holds his hand to the Garganta. A ripple passes across the air between the edges of the Garganta. The portal to Hueco Mundo twitches and blacks out, before thorned vines start growing out from the edges of it.

/Let's go./

The pair enter the Garganta, beyond which the Thorns can be seen. The vines retract from the edges, and the Garganta closes.

Moments later, the door through which the two had originally appeared from alongside Old Man Oath opens, and they step out again.

/Yeah, chew on that, you get of whores! Let's go, Gwynadd./

The two resume walking towards the town.

horngeek
2009-11-27, 09:25 PM
{{Okay, it's obvious you want Daisuke to destroy them. So.}}

Daisuke appears in front of them.

<Walking any further will be considered a hostile act.>

He then repeats this in several languages, from around the globe and several time periods.

Including Latin. :smalltongue:

KnightDisciple
2009-11-27, 09:27 PM
Luther appears in front of them. His Purifier is pointed at the one speaking in light green.

<This gun has iron bullets. You hear me? Iron. Stop and think. Because I can shoot the wings off a fly at a hundred paces. And your eyes are way bigger than a fly's wings. So stop moving, or I shoot.>

(OOC:I should be on for a bit yet. Not a whole lot of time though.)

Edge
2009-11-27, 09:45 PM
The two figures sigh and don their helmets again.

<Iron? Iron. I-uuuuuurrrrrrrnnnn.>

Bleidd grins.

<We don't care. We are sworn to follow the orders of our liege, and he orders us to look around the town. Our oath will break less easily than iron, squire of the Pale Horse.>

The two draw their swords and flip them into a reverse grip in a single fluid motion, the blade tips trailing shadow behind them.

<Contract of Celerity, Clause the Third: The Wind's Own Haste!>
<Contract of Celerity, Clause the Third: The Wind's Own Haste!>

The two stand motionless in disciplined silence.

horngeek
2009-11-27, 09:50 PM
<In that case, if he attempts to make this into his excuse for war, it was your actions.>

Daisuke draws Shinken, and attempts to perform Senka on one of them.

{{Senka's that move where you shunpo behind your opponent, draw your sword, and then try to slash them. You know, the one Byakuya loves doing}}

KnightDisciple
2009-11-27, 09:51 PM
<Did I mention it's cold iron? As in, not forged in heat, really? Either way, they're really big.>

However, his eyes had narrowed at their words.

"Commander, I believe they've gotten faster. I've got 12 shots. And I'm not a speed demon. But I think them going out on the town is very very very bad."

Edge
2009-11-27, 09:58 PM
Bleidd is the victim of Daisuke's attack.

However, the Commander General's attack rings out against metal. Gwynadd, with visible exertion, parried the blow.

/Get going, Bleidd. Fulfill our orders. I'll hold the two here as long as I am able./

/Llud Llaw Eraint's strength be yours./

Bleidd vanishes in a blur of shadow, towards the city.

KnightDisciple
2009-11-27, 10:03 PM
Luther smiles.

<Have a nice trip to hell, fairy. I doubt you can hold just him, let alone both of us.>

He then takes off pursuing the other Fae, working to keep up with him as best he can.

Edge
2009-11-27, 10:09 PM
Luther will find the edge of Gwynadd's blade mere centimetres from his eyes. The bodyguard continues his swing, but Luther will be able to dodge it easily. He looks downwards at the ground, holding his sword one-handed, the tip pointed to the ground.

<I am Gwynadd ap Belanus, grandchild of Belatu-Cadros the Death-Decorated. I am personal bodyguard to His Most Illustrious Majesty, the Old Man Oath. And I...>

His head snaps up, and his eyes seem to glow gold under his helmet.

<I am human! Don't underestimate me, American!>

horngeek
2009-11-27, 10:10 PM
Daisuke looks at Gwynadd.

<Shinbakufuu. In that case, I will simply... burn your pain away.>

The yellow blast of energy should envelop him and Gwynadd, but avoid Luther.

KnightDisciple
2009-11-27, 10:15 PM
Luther does dodge it. Mid-roll, he pops the clip out of his gun handle and taps the side. Suddenly, the handle has a clip in it. (OOC:That's the standard "clip" that has no limit on ammo. Part of the innate nature of the Purifier.)

<I am Gunnery Sergeant Luther Wilson, of the American Reaper Corp. I have been in hundres of skirmishes and battles, and seen more men die than some people meet in their life. You don't scare me, bitch of the fairies.>

He fires a couple of shots to herd Gwynadd away from his person, then take back to pursuing the the other bodyguard.

Edge
2009-11-27, 10:21 PM
/Wh-/

The yellow blast of light does indeed envelop Gwynadd. After the glow dies down, he is kneeling on the ground, the plate and mail from his chest gone, and the ragged scraps of metal around his waist are burnt into his skin.

/Im...possible.../

He collapses onto the ground face first, and something leaves his body and vanishes. The corpse now left is a simple human one, with none of the elven traits, nor the pale skin and hair that he bore whilst alive.

Bleidd, meanwhile, continues heading towards the city with his shadowy equivalent of shunpo.

KnightDisciple
2009-11-27, 10:24 PM
Assuming he's not pushing actual speedster territory, Luther will at the least lose no ground, as he's passable at flash steps himself. He might even gain slightly.

Enough that sighting down his Purifier's rifle form to fire a shot or two ought not to be too hard. It's not like firing on the run will hurt his aim that much.

There aren't any demon hordes trying to eat his face this time.

horngeek
2009-11-27, 10:26 PM
And Daisuke, while not a speedster either, has enough distance on each of his steps that in a straight line like this, he can probably reach Bleidd, and even get in front of him.

In which case, he takes a ready stance, his sword glowing.

Edge
2009-11-27, 10:34 PM
Bleidd feels the sting of one of Luther's shots. The other was a lucky glance from the Contract-hardened metal.

/Damn ranged weapon-using coward.../

He continues speeding forward, with Daisuke gaining on him.

/Need a door, need a door, need a door.../

At the first sign of a building, any he building, he heads straight for the door.

KnightDisciple
2009-11-27, 10:36 PM
Luther's shots are carefully aimed, fired one at a time.

They also explode.

He fires several more rounds in pursuit, his face a blank mask.

horngeek
2009-11-27, 10:36 PM
Well, Daisuke casts a spell first. Because the meeting place was a considerable didtance from any habitation, at all. Daisuke basically had it on the other side of the mountains, so he could cut loose without killing anyone.

Bakudo 63, Saju Sabaku!

The chains (hopefully) wrap around Bleidd.

Then Daisuke swings his sword. Shinbakufuu.

Edge
2009-11-27, 10:45 PM
/What the? Stupid, cheating, dishonoura-/ the bodyguard mutters as the bakudo wraps around his body.

Two more of Luther's shots hit, taking out one of Bleidd's legs and a shoulder.

/Gah... no chance of fighting them... like this.../

A moment later, his chances don't really matter, as Daisuke's blast engulfs him. To Bleidd's credit, when it passes, he's still breathing. When the one of the two come to finish him off, he's muttering under his breath.

/-y Belatu-Cadros to see the halls of my fathers-/

His mutterings continue ceaselessly.

KnightDisciple
2009-11-27, 10:48 PM
Luther walks closer, staying out of sword range.

<Nice try, boy. But not today.>

BANG. BANG. BANG.

horngeek
2009-11-27, 10:49 PM
Daisuke appears besides Luther.

<One of the rules of Seretei is to keep mortals as ignorant as possible of what is lurking around.

My duty... was to stop you two breaching that.>

He looks at the likely now bullet-holed body.

KnightDisciple
2009-11-27, 10:53 PM
Luther stood there, smoke rising from the rifle barrel.

"Eh. I just didn't trust them to not hurt people, secret or no. And better that we killed them. Either they were slaves, and we freed them, or traitors to their own kind. Either way, they worked for insane fairies. Better to die than work for someone...something like what we just met."

He unhurriedly reseals his Purifier and holsters it. He then turns to go back to patrolling the city, then pauses.

"Do you need anything else, Commander?"

horngeek
2009-11-27, 10:55 PM
Tell 13th that I want them ready for anything.

War is likely to come over this.

Just what we need...

He shakes his head.

Edge
2009-11-27, 10:57 PM
Bleidd takes the shots to the torso, gaping wounds opening as the shots punch through his armour. Luther and Daisuke will note that it seems he has no internal organs. He somehow manages to pick himself back up onto his knees.

Thorn covered vines erupt from the ground, surround the dead Fae, then submerge back into the ground. The body is gone.

Off in a tree behind Luther and Daisuke, a figure dressed in a hooded green cloak ticks something off on a piece of parchment, the quill held between gauntleted fingers.

KnightDisciple
2009-11-27, 10:57 PM
Luther nods.

"I'll pass it along. Better talk to your people back in Soul Society. Including your Kido Commander. He might need to work on some sort of warding."

He heads off to patrol, passing word on to the 13th members to be keenly aware of Fae incursions.

horngeek
2009-11-27, 10:58 PM
Daisuke opens a Garganta back to Seretei.

CMOTDibbler
2009-11-28, 09:02 PM
Two men are walking along a road, talking in english about computers. One is holding a book about swords. While they are Japanese-looking, they are speaking english without an accent, yet they are not tourists.
((EDIT: Is there anyone else here?))

strawberryman
2009-12-02, 07:41 PM
As Luther makes his way to the 13th HQ, or, if not, in his path of informing the 13th patrols, he may (and probably would) notice a man in a high-class business suit and glasses following after him. The odd thing is, he's not exactly making any attempts to make himself inconspicuous.

KnightDisciple
2009-12-02, 07:58 PM
Luther stops on the next flat roof and waits for the man, one hand on his Purifier.

strawberryman
2009-12-02, 08:05 PM
Nero slows as he reaches the roof Luther is on, pulling out a carton of cigarettes nonchalantly, and placing one between his lips before just looking to the Reaper directly for the first time. "Excuse me, sir, do you happen to have a light?"

KnightDisciple
2009-12-02, 08:07 PM
Luther looked squarely at the man.

"No. Just who are you?"

strawberryman
2009-12-02, 08:17 PM
"Shame." (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-dbYJ4rVSs&feature=related) The man pushes his glasses up with the edge of his wrist. "Nero Abel. A recruiting agent for a local corporation that is of no circumstance to this conversation. I'm not looking for a fight. I'm merely... observing." Nero takes the cig from his mouth, placing it back into the pack. "Do you have a problem with that? I only recently moved to this city, so the amount of activity is astounding."

KnightDisciple
2009-12-02, 08:23 PM
Luther contemplates him for a couple of long, silent minutes.

"Strictly speaking, no, there isn't a problem with you watching us. You've obviously got the ability to perceive us, so there's no reason to stop you. But following me could easily be misconstrued as a potentially hostile intelligence gathering mission. Clearly that's not what this was. Of course, I do find the statement that your employers are of no consequence to be suspect, which makes me think that they are of consequence, after a fashion."

He pulls out an energy bar, peels back the wrapper, and takes a bite.

"And I find it mildly disturbing that the best descriptor you have for what happened around here the last few days is "an astounding amount of activity". We're still coming to grips with the death toll, and the reconstruction will take mortals quite a while. Meanwhile, we've got to work double shifts keeping the Hollows from gaining a foothold. And then you come into the picture, acting detached, yet interested. Don't you think I'd find that a touch suspicious?"

strawberryman
2009-12-02, 08:35 PM
"Logically, yes." Nero's expression, or lack thereof, doesn't shift so much as an inch. "Detached is an appropriate term, yes. For that, I don't blame your suspicion, however that does not change the fact that I am rather here to observe only." Glasses adjustment, again.

KnightDisciple
2009-12-02, 08:39 PM
"Oh, I fully believe you're here to observe. I can already tell you're the type who would have just sniped me from a few buildings away if you wanted to kill me. The fact that I noticed you as easily as I did tells volumes of your intent."

The bar has been consumed in the midst of the talking. It went fast, must be a soldier thing.

"No, the question isn't what, it's why. Why are you observing? Pure personal curiosity? Orders? Ambition? And just who do you work for, Mr. Abel? Surely not someone named Cain."

A smirk crosses his face.

strawberryman
2009-12-02, 08:53 PM
"Why, indeed. Orders would be the fittest definition.", Nero responds curtly. "It's not you, so much as you being the strongest being of interest. And as I'm sure you know, the stronger one is, the more chaos you invite to the world." If Luther were an expert at reading faces, he might notice a hint of spite at that last bit.

KnightDisciple
2009-12-02, 08:58 PM
"On the flip side, the stronger one is, the better one is able to fight back the chaos that might ensue. A true conundrum."

He paces to one side a bit, then stops.

"Of course, I'm really perhaps only the most powerful at this moment. There are several equal or greater to me in one place or another. I'm just the best you can find. Of course, since I wasn't trying to hide, that makes it easy."

strawberryman
2009-12-02, 09:09 PM
"You say that as if I don't already know it to be true.", Nero replies with the most amount of snark he would usually allow. Which isn't much, but just enough to be noticeable.

"Believe it or not, I have a good deal of experience with your kind, and believe I mean no offense when I say you are not the most remarkable I've seen."

KnightDisciple
2009-12-02, 09:18 PM
"No, I'm not. I have a gun. I can make my gun bigger, faster, more powerful. I can do this twice. Compared to many of the locals, that's truly nothing. But it works for me. I'm a soldier, not a samurai, warrior, or some such. I kill the enemy, and break his stuff."

He narrowed his eyes a bit.

"Did something happen recently that upset you, as much as one such as yourself would get upset? The mentions you made of "chaos" seem to indicate a poor opinion of Reapers and Shinigami."

strawberryman
2009-12-02, 09:29 PM
"You might say that. Excuse me if I omit personal life experiences, as I am one who keeps my professional and personal lives separate." Glasses adjustment. "I am not one who deals in retribution, however."

KnightDisciple
2009-12-02, 09:42 PM
"Nor do I."

Folded arms.

strawberryman
2009-12-02, 09:54 PM
"...Perhaps I should take my observations elsewhere, as I sense some hostility from you. Shame, as I was not trying to invoke any." Nero, however, does not seem to care.

KnightDisciple
2009-12-02, 10:01 PM
"Forgive me if I seem hostile. I merely feel that your implication was...misconstrued. I am honestly curious what would bring such an observation about. It may well be something the locals did, as we've only been here a couple of months."

strawberryman
2009-12-02, 10:08 PM
"In... 'scientific' terms, if you may so call them that, you can't deny that greater spiritual pressure attracts more Hollows. Ergo, the stronger you are, the more chaos you attract." Nero responds with his usual coldness.

KnightDisciple
2009-12-02, 10:13 PM
"There is some truth to that. To counter, beings such as myself are necessary to not only prevent Hollows from eating people, but purifying the tortured souls within, allowing them to move on to rest. Or, where appropriate, more fitting end results. Hollows, due to their own nature, tend to end up eating each other, and growing more powerful. Much more powerful, as time goes on, at least for some. Such creatures require the existence of beings of my caliber. And said powerful hollows sometimes venture into the Mortal World. Hence, why beings such as myself stay around here. As well, barring events like what occurred with that monster earlier, my people, and the Shinigami, are often taking down Hollows almost as soon as they pop up here in the Mortal World. Increased bait for Hollows or no, this city would draw them anyways. All things considered, the impact is negligible, and it means I'm here to respond to high-caliber threats in less time, thus saving lives on both sides of the veil."

strawberryman
2009-12-02, 10:16 PM
"Ah, yes, an endless cycle. And the world keeps spinning, in your eyes?" He seems to be genuinely curious.

KnightDisciple
2009-12-02, 11:12 PM
"Endless or no, it's what we've got. Better to do something, than stand by and watch the world burn. I've been gifted with power. Might as well use it to help those who don't have it."

strawberryman
2009-12-02, 11:32 PM
"A noble cause." Nero adjusts his glasses, once more. As much of a waste as it may be.

"Regardless, I feel I have observed enough for today." The suited man moves for the roof exit nonchalantly.

KnightDisciple
2009-12-02, 11:34 PM
Luther silently let him leave.

Once he was sure the man was far enough away, he spoke quietly into his headset.

"Pathfinder team, can you follow him?"

"For now, sir. Continue tail?"

"For a bit, anyways. If he starts to act hostile, goes into a building, or "vanishes", break off pursuit, and just spread the word. I don't want to get too worked up yet."

Luther turned and headed for the ARC base.

He needed a nap.

strawberryman
2009-12-02, 11:58 PM
Oddly enough, Nero doesn't seem to even leave the building.

The Librarian
2009-12-05, 09:03 PM
Isara is outside the 13th HQ's Mortal World base working with her Garganta trying to expand its size to transport more people.
My Shadow Garganta's have expanded by two meters and width, but I know I do better.

She opens yet another garganta. However, instead of a black empty space, the image of Las Noches focuses into view. Isara gasps in surprise leaping back causing the garganta to collapse.
Was, was that Las Noches I just saw.

CMOTDibbler
2009-12-06, 03:30 PM
There is a man sitting in a cafe near one of the bases, watching for someone in a barber shop opposite to leave. Another man with glasses on is sitting outside the barbershop, reading a newspaper. He glances occasionally at the man in the cafe.

The Librarian
2009-12-06, 03:51 PM
Isara shrugs off the fear and tries to open the shadow garganta again. As if opens she clearly sees Las Noches as it comes into view.
Holy Crap. I just figured out how to garganta to Las Noches.

She runs off to find Siegfried.

CMOTDibbler
2009-12-06, 04:42 PM
The man sitting outside of the barbershop looks over his glasses at Isara.
((Depending on where she is running to.))

The Librarian
2009-12-06, 07:07 PM
Isara runs into the HQ probably visible to the man and looks for Mao.

CMOTDibbler
2009-12-06, 07:36 PM
((Woot!))
The man stands and walks towards Isara.
Excuse me, miss?
He glances at the cafe, at the barbershop, then seeing noone else around, looks towards Isara again.

The Librarian
2009-12-06, 07:53 PM
Isara stops conveinently in her gigai and turns to the direction of the unknown voice seeing the man and looks curiosly seeing that no Human aside from Allan ever actually spoken to her before.
Uh, hi there.

CMOTDibbler
2009-12-06, 08:03 PM
The man has high reiatsu, and an official air about him.
Do you think you can help me? I'm looking for this woman. Have you seen her?
He shows a picture of an old woman, smiling.
((Brb, about 15 min.))

The Librarian
2009-12-06, 08:07 PM
Isara feels his reiatsu, seemingly similar to Shinigami.
Odd, he feels like a Shinigami, but somethings doesn't appear to be one.

She glances at the photo for a few seconds and frowns a little.
Uh, no. Sorry I don't think I've seen anyone like that around here Mr...

CMOTDibbler
2009-12-06, 08:25 PM
Oh, I'm sorry, I'm Iwamori Higure. I'm assisting in a case from the Yokohama police force. If you see this woman around, be careful. She's armed and dangerous.
Just then that same woman walks out of the barbershop behind him and, seeing him, walks briskly in the other direction.
In the cafe, the first man stands up quickly and walks towards the door.

The Librarian
2009-12-06, 08:40 PM
Isara nods.
I'll be sure to report her if I see her.

As she walks away she notice Iwamori appraoch a woman like the one in the picture and decides to standby and watch curious to see what so special about this guy.

CMOTDibbler
2009-12-06, 08:52 PM
((Actually, Higure didn't see her. She saw him and is walking away.))
As Higure turns around, he sees the other man leaving the cafe, and then the old woman.
$#^%!
He curses and begins to run. He puts his hand inside his coat, and runs faster. He almost looks like he's using shunpo... The old woman turns around, and, seeing the two men converging on her, stops and waits. There is a conversation between her and the other man, then she... moves. It's unclear what she has done until the other man doubles over, and falls on his side. She pulls out a revolver, at least 50 caliber, and shoots Higure in the chest. He flys back from the impact and lands heavily on the ground.
((They could use some help :smallwink:))

The Librarian
2009-12-06, 09:21 PM
((Well under the assumption she can be affected by Isara's zanpaktou.))

Isara sonidos out of her gigai and grabs the man places himon the ground sonidos behind her and slashes at the old ladies torso with her zanpaktou.

CMOTDibbler
2009-12-06, 09:30 PM
The old lady screams and falls over. Immediately, both men jump up, reach in their coats, and produce a weapon. Higure has a wakizashi, and the other a large revolver. At the same time:
Freeze!
Freeze!
What?
What?
Both lower their weapons and look at Isara. They can clearly see her, and their weapons look like zanpakutos.

The Librarian
2009-12-06, 09:34 PM
Isara running on defences raise her sword to one of them and readies a Cero on her free hand. She then notices the zanpaktou-like weapons and extinguishes the cero and lowers her sword a little.
Wait...are you two Shinigami?

CMOTDibbler
2009-12-06, 09:40 PM
((Righty, I have to deadtime. Can we finish this tomorrow? I'll quote you and give my answer. I'll also alert you first so you can respond.))

EDIT: All right. Lets go.

Well, no, we're-
We're humans.
We've never seen a shinigami before.
Wait, you're that woman I was talking to before! Who are you?

The Librarian
2009-12-07, 11:45 AM
Isara stops and realizes that she did just blow her cover, and to a humans non the less. She lowers her sword a little more.
Oh, yeah about that heh, heh, I'm a Shinigami ally. To be precise, I'm actually a Arrancar that's allied with Shinigami.

CMOTDibbler
2009-12-07, 11:51 AM
What's a Arrancar?
Higure and his friend don't know much about any of this, and have only recently heard of Shinigami.

The Librarian
2009-12-07, 11:59 AM
Isara kind of realizes the two don't know much about anything shes saying. She sighs leaning against a wall.
Well, a Arrancar is like the advanced form of a Hollow being. A Hollow is like an evil soul that feeds on good souls that go to Soul Society and potentially becomes a Shinigami. Hollows where these masks to hide their faces from their victims and have a hole on a part of their body called a hollow hole. An Arrancar, which is what I am, is an advanced form of a hollow. We lose our masks except for a smallm fragment and gain Zanpaktous like Shinigami. Most of mine kind are pretty bloodthirsty and cold, but a few like me for example have allied with the Shinigami.
She points to her mask remnant over her right.

CMOTDibbler
2009-12-07, 12:07 PM
I see.
That's a little strange, isn't it? Oh, I've seen some of those things before, but they passed me. I wasn't sure what they were.

The Librarian
2009-12-07, 12:12 PM
Isara shrugs
Yeah, Hollows usually don't go for living Mortals just the souls of those who recently died.

CMOTDibbler
2009-12-07, 12:19 PM
Ah. So, you joined the enemy team. A bold move. The other Arrancar must hate you.
Takeno!
Really, Higure.
Either way, you still didn't answer my first question. Who are you?
The two are basically realizing what their powers mean.

The Librarian
2009-12-07, 12:32 PM
Isara take the comment from Takeno as compliment even though Kayi is still friends with her. She stands up and state her name and rank.

My name is Isara Wessmer, member of 13th divisions Mortal World squad of Seireitei, and former Septima Espada before I broke away.
She pulls on her Shinigami Uniform to reveal the 7 just above her chest.

CMOTDibbler
2009-12-07, 12:37 PM
All right. So, Espada is higher than arrancar. Is it just a rank?
And you're number seven out of how many?

The Librarian
2009-12-07, 12:45 PM
Isara begins to enjoy answering their question even if its about her dark and muderous past.
Okay so when I was an Espada I was ranked seventh of ten members, which just mean that their were six other members of the Espada who were more stronger and had better skills than me. All Espada were essentially the most elite Arrancars around and held power over most other Hollows and any Espada member below them. Sadly, I didn't like what was going on there in the recent years so I broke away, and now I fight with Shinigami instead of pretty much being against them.

CMOTDibbler
2009-12-08, 09:32 AM
I understand. My CO is slowly becoming corrupted, and I'm thinking about quitting. I'm not sure what to do afterwards, though. Although, this is all very intriguing.
Yes, how does one go about joining the Shinigami?

The Librarian
2009-12-08, 10:02 AM
Isara thinks about it for a moment.
Well, joining the Shinigami is easier said then done for some. It took 13th Division a month just to trust me. Although I think sense you guys are like partial Shinigami or something like that you'll have an easier time. Unfortunately I don't think my Captain is around at the moment otherwise I'd take you to him.

CMOTDibbler
2009-12-08, 10:07 AM
All right, thanks. If you see anybody who could help us, come and tell us.
We won't be hard to find.
With that, the pair say goodbye and walk off to their seperate apartments.

Edge
2009-12-08, 02:27 PM
Adrián sighs, and idly kicks at a can and jumps out of the alley and onto a nearby roof.

"Alright, Kanzue, I got nothin' from here. Unless you've found anything, I think we need to try a new approach."

He runs his hand through his hair, stopping when he gets to the back of his head, and scratches idly.

"Damnit. Still can't begin to imagine what could have done this."

Aside from yourself, in another state of mind, you mean?

Adrián glared mentally at his zanpakutou, and continued scratching away at the back of his head.

Sucrose
2009-12-08, 02:57 PM
Kanzue shakes his head.

"I'm not a particularly skilled investigator... that was always more of Ito-san's task. Do you have any plans, or will we just be joining the unified search groups once 13th has recovered from the recent bug influx?"

Edge
2009-12-08, 03:03 PM
"If we were to continue searching now, we'd basically get nowhere. 'sides, I told Sato-san I was only going to take a look around here, and I don't want to undermine his authority any."

He sighs again, and then relaxes slightly.

"Let's head back. We're probably better off helping sorting out the HQ." he says, flashing a grin at Kanzue, "Feel free to set the pace, Kanzue-san."

Sucrose
2009-12-08, 03:26 PM
Kanzue smiles politely.

"My thanks, Visangre-san."

He leaps up, and starts rushing along the telephone cables, at a good running clip. Nowhere near the speed of shunpo or sonido, but fast enough to get back to HQ within a few minutes.

Edge
2009-12-08, 03:29 PM
Adrián follows behind Kanzue, keeping pace with the shinigami. The grin that had passed across his face a moment ago quickly faded as his body went on autopilot and he lost himself in thought.

The Librarian
2009-12-08, 04:22 PM
Isara waves cheerfully.
I'll be sure to inform you guys of any notifications from my Captain.

With that, Isara sonidoes towards the 13th HQ assuming there are no other distractions for her. When she arrives she heads straight into the base looking for either Mao or Siegfried.

Edge
2009-12-08, 05:41 PM
Isaac Blake's dark-clad figure trudges (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4fqFzHDaDQ) wearily into J City, garnering no small number of odd looks from the civilians he passes. The past week had been a nightmare.

The first major problem had been the departure from Heathrow back in Britain. It had taken him long enough to convince passport control that he couldn't remove his helmet without dying, and the problem was only compounded when the passenger whose seat was next to his own had kicked up a fuss.

Then the passport fiasco had been duplicated in Japan, as well. He couldn't convince any of the taxi drivers at the airport to take him to a train station, and he couldn't manage to get a hitchhike, so he'd had to walk to J City. On foot.

But now he'd managed to make it. First priority was to find somewhere to stay. He pulled out the battered tourist's map he'd acquired back in Britain, and began making his way towards the tourist information centre. Or at least, he began heading in the way he thought the tourist information centre was.

<Kuh...sss. I should have taken more than a crash course in Japanese before coming.>

Dorizzit
2009-12-08, 06:12 PM
Allan

Allan Crossdale is sitting at a small, low cost cafe, eating a cheap sandwich and reading the headlines of a local newspaper. They'd added a "what's new with the apocalypse" column, which would have been amusing if J-city hadn't been in so much danger. He folds the paper and leans back, thinking. What a day. What a week. What a year. Hell, what a two years. He shakes his head. No point dredging up memories. That never ended well. Wait. What's that smell. Allan leans forward and stands up. Something was wrong. He finishes his sandwich in one bite, dropping payment on the table. A few seconds later, he tracks the scent to a...very strangely dressed man. He follows for a few seconds, when the odd figure comments on a lack of knowledge of japanese.

<"Yeah, a solid knowledge of the language is important. Spiritual Forces in J-city 101 might have been more useful, though.">

The Librarian
2009-12-08, 06:18 PM
Isara glides into the base a garcefully as she could resulting in her staggering a bit before balancing herself. She ten starts asking some of the members their if they've seen Mao or Siegfried.

Edge
2009-12-08, 06:34 PM
<"Yeah, a solid knowledge of the language is important. Spiritual Forces in J-city 101 might have been more useful, though.">

As soon as Allan is within 100ft, Isaac twitches. When the man tailing talks, he stops and replies.

<Kuh...sss. Is that so? And I came here hoping for quietude. I do... kuh...sss hate politics so.>

He turns to face Allan slowly and methodically.

<And what Kuh...sss might you be, hmm? Kuh...sss. Not a fae, and not a hollow. At least, not completely. Kuh...sss. Hmm. Vizard, perhaps?>

Isaac begins muttering to himself, his focus quite internal for a moment, before he snaps back into the real world.

<Sorry, kuh...sss what were you saying about Spiritual Forces?>

He then mumbles something about "getting it all down" as he scrambles inside his bag for paper and pens.

Dorizzit
2009-12-08, 06:51 PM
Allan

Allan patiently waits for Isaac to finish pulling out his paper and pens before he continues speaking, pointedly ignoring the question about his origins. He looks a bit sympathetic.

<"If you want quiet, run the other way. Seriously, this city is a war zone right now. If that doesn't bother you, though, you can probably remain pretty much unmolested by both sides if you make a couple connections. I'll give you the basic rundown of the situation.">

He starts listing points on his fingers.

<"First, you have the Seireitei, or the Japanese Soul Society. Their 13th division is in charge of the Mortal World, and are the Shinigami you're most likely to encounter out here. It's probably a good idea to get in contact with them if you plan to stay, because they get concerned about people they don't know. Next up there's the Arrancar, or a type of Hollow that removes its mask to gain more power. They're lead by a rogue Shinigami named Toho, who declared war on the Seireitei a while back. They're brutal, deadly, and don't care one bit about casualties or innocent lives. Third, we have the Quincy, mortals who use the spirit energy around them to form weapons. You probably want to stay away from them, they're very dangerous and don't really like people who aren't them, in my experience. There's the Ryoka, a small group of really powerful mortals with spiritual abilities. And more recently, there've been more normal people...suits...who are interacting with hollows on occasion. Not to sure what's up with that. Also, there's a smattering of independent spiritually empowered people around town, primarily allied with the Seireitei. I fall into that last category. Um...I think that's about it. Any questions?">

Edge
2009-12-09, 05:28 AM
Isaac scribbles down the details hastily in a barely legible shorthand. He pauses for a half-second when the suits are mentioned, but then continues with his note-taking.

<Kuh...sss. Fascinating, truly fascinating. Quincy I'm somewhat familiar with, and kuh...sss I've seen enough data on psychopomps outside Britain to know what the norm is worldwide... I've not heard of these kuh...sss 'Arrancar' before, though.>

He returns the paper and pen to his bag calmly.

<Only one kuh...sss question. Which way to get in contact with this "13th Division" that you spoke of?>

Sucrose
2009-12-09, 12:44 PM
None of the shinigami present are quite sure where Mao-san is, but they can confirm that Siegfried-taichou went with Kiljaeran-taichou on some sort of mission. Eventually, Chie-san informs Isara that he's gone to fight Hans Rojak.

Sato greets Kanzue and Adrián back at 13th Division HQ.

"So, I take it that you didn't have much luck. Are you all right with reassignment to a search party, for the moment?"

Edge
2009-12-09, 12:53 PM
Adrián's face is blank.

"We found nothing, Sato-san."

When his CO mentions reassignment to the search teams, his expression perks up a bit.

"My feelings on the matter are moot, Sato-san. If you want me on the search team, I'll go. But for what it's worth, I'm happy to go."

Sucrose
2009-12-09, 01:15 PM
Sato smiles, obviously pleased by the respect for authority.

"I do try to take my subordinates' feelings into account. You'll be working with Kanzue, as well as Tetsuo of Honda Squad and Kakashi of Ito Squad."

He draws out a map of J-City, and draws a few lines through it, boxing out perhaps a fifth of the city.

"Your general search area is within these borders. You'll also be handling general patrol duties. I know that the squad's a bit small for that, but I imagine that you'll manage. I also know that this is a pretty large area to do a thorough search through, but we don't have the manpower to do give smaller areas. Do you have any questions?"

Shades of Gray
2009-12-09, 03:19 PM
Yumi sighs... "I guess this is what they mean by 'between a rock and a hard place'... we should try and find someone who can help treat injuries, and would stay with us..."

"I'd be fine with it. The more he merrier." Nasumi said as she fixed her hair. "We'd have the most luck with someone from 13th division. Or maybe one of the ARC medics. If we want to avoid the suspicion of the other shinigami, then we could always go back to the hospital you came from, Yumi-Sama."

strawberryman
2009-12-09, 03:47 PM
Yumi considers... "...I... g-guess there's that... Wouldn't they be looking for me around there, though?"

Shades of Gray
2009-12-09, 04:19 PM
Nasumi

"Hmmm... They'll be looking for the patient who escaped, not us. We could find a way in to get a medic. Finding one won't be difficult, and extraction of the subject is easy." She keeps a hand on Zenmentekina Shiryoku, her wakizashi.

Sucrose
2009-12-09, 04:36 PM
Fubuki adjusts her glasses, looking a bit thoughtful.

"I don't know if mortal doctors will be very useful without the supplies in a hospital. Were the ones in your hospital able to perform any healing kido, Yumi-sama? If not, we might not have a choice but to draw some attention to ourselves."

Dorizzit
2009-12-09, 04:39 PM
Allan

Allan's keen eyes notice the start, but he does not mention it and does not outwardly react in any way. When Isaac asks how to get in contact with the Thirteenth, he shrugs.

<"Their camp is a few miles out of town, off...that direction...ish...">

Allan scratches the back of his head in a somewhat embarrassed manner.

<"I'm not too sure about its exact location. I walked there once, after that I've always used Garganta when I needed to see the 13th. I can take you there that way, if you like.">

The Librarian
2009-12-09, 04:45 PM
None of the shinigami present are quite sure where Mao-san is, but they can confirm that Siegfried-taichou went with Kiljaeran-taichou on some sort of mission. Eventually, Chie-san informs Isara that he's gone to fight Hans Rojak.

Isara nods bowing slightly.
Thank you Chie-san, could you please tell Siegfried, when he comes back I need to see him. I have to head back out on patrol, even though things have been very slow lately.

Sucrose
2009-12-09, 04:46 PM
Chie nods, and gets back to poring over a map of the J-City area.

The Librarian
2009-12-09, 04:49 PM
Isara nods walking out of the base. As she walks out she realizes that she's not in her gigai.
Wait...oh shoot left my Gigai back there were I met those two guys.

She sonidoes off heading for the avenue she was last was.

Allan may notice that Isara's gigai is sort of wandering, seeing that Isara forgot to pick it up. Isara should be heading in their direction via sonido.

strawberryman
2009-12-09, 05:56 PM
Fubuki adjusts her glasses, looking a bit thoughtful.

"I don't know if mortal doctors will be very useful without the supplies in a hospital. Were the ones in your hospital able to perform any healing kido, Yumi-sama? If not, we might not have a choice but to draw some attention to ourselves."

"Well..." Yumi ponders... "The Doctors could use 'kido' like you can... So maybe it's possible?" She shrugs...

((Normally I have been playing it that Yumi doesn't remember anything Miyu does, so in this case Miyu threw them a bone. :smalltongue:))

Edge
2009-12-09, 06:15 PM
Sato smiles, obviously pleased by the respect for authority.

"I do try to take my subordinates' feelings into account. You'll be working with Kanzue, as well as Tetsuo of Honda Squad and Kakashi of Ito Squad."

He draws out a map of J-City, and draws a few lines through it, boxing out perhaps a fifth of the city.

"Your general search area is within these borders. You'll also be handling general patrol duties. I know that the squad's a bit small for that, but I imagine that you'll manage. I also know that this is a pretty large area to do a thorough search through, but we don't have the manpower to do give smaller areas. Do you have any questions?"

Adrián shakes his head.

"Other than how many people we're actually looking for, no. I know Mariko was missing, but I've heard some others have vanished too. We have any information on how many, and who, sir?"

He stops for a moment and scratches the back of his head.

"I mean, profiling the missing people could give us an indication of why they're vanishing. See if there's anything common between them."

Allan

Allan's keen eyes notice the start, but he does not mention it and does not outwardly react in any way. When Isaac asks how to get in contact with the Thirteenth, he shrugs.

<"Their camp is a few miles out of town, off...that direction...ish...">

Allan scratches the back of his head in a somewhat embarrassed manner.

<"I'm not too sure about its exact location. I walked there once, after that I've always used Garganta when I needed to see the 13th. I can take you there that way, if you like.">

<Kuh...sss. My thanks for the offer, but it shouldn't be necessary. I imagine I should be able to sense them out, kuh...sss.>

He turns, and begins to walk off in the direction Allan indicated.

<Oh kuh...sss yes, thank you for the information, Mr...?>

Sucrose
2009-12-09, 06:27 PM
Sato sighs.

"So far as I know, only three others: Junko, of Ito Squad, Ito Fubuki, Squad Leader, and Third Seat Nasumi. The first was taken during the initial appearance of this Quincy Hollow, and the other two were taken in the same rescue mission Mariko participated in.

No M.O. beyond the initial attack, which was lashing out at basically everything around her, and responding to the rescue attempt in the way that you found."

Fubuki nods.

"I see; I guess it's possible, then. Certainly a good first move. Then, if they can't help Junko-san, we can move on to bolder measures."

((Wasn't the 'Yumi' personality conscious during part of her stay at the hospital? I guess she might not have seen kido in that time...))

Dorizzit
2009-12-09, 06:29 PM
Allan

Allan bows elaborately.

<"Allan Crossdale, the Living Plot Exposition, Sir...?">

strawberryman
2009-12-09, 06:38 PM
((Wasn't the 'Yumi' personality conscious during part of her stay at the hospital? I guess she might not have seen kido in that time...))

((...Well, I guess there's that possibility, too, but that'd be up to Shades. Either way, they know, so ultimately it's no difference which, as long as she knows, after all. :smalltongue:))

"...So... Are you two going to go do that now...?" Yumi looks at the two worriedly...

Sucrose
2009-12-09, 07:21 PM
Fubuki nods rapidly.

"We should move quickly, for Junko-san's sake. Would you please come with me to the hospital, Nasumi-san?"

She makes no motion immediately, evidently counting on Nasumi's teleportation abilities. If Nasumi seems unwilling, however, she will swiftly rush out of the cave.

((Point taken.:smalltongue:))

The Librarian
2009-12-09, 08:22 PM
Isara arrive back in the avenue and finds her gigai wandering aimlessly. She hops back into it and keeps on walking, waiting for Hollows.

strawberryman
2009-12-09, 08:31 PM
Before the two leave, however, Yumi gives each of them a quick kiss on the cheek. "Be careful..."

Edge
2009-12-10, 06:15 AM
Sato sighs.

"So far as I know, only three others: Junko, of Ito Squad, Ito Fubuki, Squad Leader, and Third Seat Nasumi. The first was taken during the initial appearance of this Quincy Hollow, and the other two were taken in the same rescue mission Mariko participated in.

No M.O. beyond the initial attack, which was lashing out at basically everything around her, and responding to the rescue attempt in the way that you found."

Adrián nods grimly.

"Understood. One last thing, which of my squad mates are you putting in charge of the op?"

Allan

Allan bows elaborately.

<"Allan Crossdale, the Living Plot Exposition, Sir...?">

<Kuh...sss. Isaac Blake. Good day.>

Isaac gives Allan one last nod, then leaves in the direction indicated for 13th Division.

Dorizzit
2009-12-10, 06:21 AM
Allan waves. Then he disappears in a burst of Sonido.

Edge
2009-12-10, 06:33 AM
<Kuh...sss. More walking. Just what I kuh...sss don't need.>

Isaac continues walking towards 13th Division, grumbling under his breath all the way.

Sucrose
2009-12-10, 09:09 AM
Sato nods.

"Good question. It's Kanzue. He's the most familiar with your abilities, and he's also been placed in command a couple of times before."

Kanzue's eyes widen, but he then nods.

"Understood, sir."

"Of course, Yumi-sama."

Edge
2009-12-11, 09:41 AM
Adrián's eyes briefly betray a sign of relief at Sato's selection.

"Very well, sir. I shall be ready to move out when required."

---------------------------------------------

When Isaac's path had lead him out of J City, he began to suspect that Allan had been pulling his metaphorical leg.

<Kuh...sss Wasting my time... kuh...sss better spent doing... kuh...sss else...>

However, now he was out of the city proper, the crowds were far from omnipresent. Isaac took advantage of it, and began using shadow blink to close the distance more quickly.

<Kuh...sss Absolute waste... of... my... time...>

His complaints slowly died in his throat as he came within a hundred feet of the 13th's HQ.

<So many kuh...sss auras. This may be worthwhile kuh...sss after all.>

As non-aggressively as he can manage, Isaac begins to walk towards the entrance to the HQ.

Sucrose
2009-12-11, 11:43 AM
Sato quirks an eyebrow at Adrián's response, but he opts to keep his thoughts to himself.

"All right. I've sent out a couple of Hell Butterflies to Kakashi and Tetsuo. They should be ready to move out within about half an hour."

Isaac's non-aggression pays off; Haru, the shinigami that greets him, only has his zanpaktou drawn, rather than pointed at him. His movement was fairly stealthy, but slow enough that Isaac wouldn't have been in any danger in any case.

"May I help you?"

The Librarian
2009-12-11, 10:37 PM
With nothing to do, Isara returns to the same cafe she was attacked at 3-4 times before. She sits down and orders a drink and a sandwich.

Edge
2009-12-12, 09:56 AM
Sato quirks an eyebrow at Adrián's response, but he opts to keep his thoughts to himself.

"All right. I've sent out a couple of Hell Butterflies to Kakashi and Tetsuo. They should be ready to move out within about half an hour."

Adrián gives a quick nod.

"Understood."

He pauses for a moment, before continuing.

"Sato-san, can we speak in private about something?"

Isaac's non-aggression pays off; Haru, the shinigami that greets him, only has his zanpaktou drawn, rather than pointed at him. His movement was fairly stealthy, but slow enough that Isaac wouldn't have been in any danger in any case.

"May I help you?"

"I kuh...sss do believe you can. I'm a new arrival in kuh...sss town. I met some kid called Allan, and he kuh...sss suggested I introduce myself to the 13th Division to kuh...sss smooth things over. Am I in the right place kuh...sss?

Sucrose
2009-12-12, 10:36 AM
Sato pauses, then nods and hands the map to Kanzue.

"Go look over this."

As Kanzue takes the hint and walks off, Sato turns to Adrián.

"Follow me."

Ryu then heads to a nearby tent, evidently his own quarters.

"What's on your mind, Visangre? This private enough for you?"

"You are. If you'll wait for a few minutes, I'll contact one of our commanding officers, so you can deal with someone who represents the entire Division."

strawberryman
2009-12-12, 12:55 PM
A nondescript man in a black suit sits at the table behind Isara, lighting up a cigarette and making a simple order of black tea. He sets out a notepad, and pulls out his cell-phone, and scrolls down the speed-dial to "Honda", hitting that selection and waiting for an answer.

The Librarian
2009-12-12, 02:49 PM
Isara notices the man pull out his cellphone and start making a call. She rolls her eyes.
Great, another one of those annoying cell-phone using mortals. Probably gonna spend half an hour pretending to talk to someone important.:smalltongue:

She waves to server after finishing her sandwich.
Can I get your Swiss Chocolate Mouuse, and the bill please?(I don't know how to spell that last word:smallsigh:)

The waiter nods walking away.

Callos_DeTerran
2009-12-12, 03:53 PM
At the Shrine...

A somewhat mousy man moved his way through the Shrine, reaching up one hand to wipe the sweat from his forehead, the silver Quincy bangle dangling from his wrist and catching his eye. With a frown he stuffs it up his sleeve to keep it from bouncing about, seeming to be in a fairly grumpy mood. Already he looked to be balding, with sparse black hair atop his head and thick glasses pushed up high on his nose, the suckers looking as if they could see through walls. With a beige sweater-vest, a yellow dress shirt underneath, and tan slacks he looked as if he could fade from sight by virtue of...being so unnoticeable.

Course that hadn't quite happened, his first day and the Shrine Quincy had set upon him like wolves, carting him off for an investigation with some miserable guy who had just stared at him for awhile. Damn uncomfortable it was!

Still, he had his duties and if nothing else he could get those done...

---

Lan Jia

There was no entourage this time, there was no need for it because...despite what she had told Yu, there wasn't a need to seed any more of the Blanks into the city. There was more then enough for her purposes and...well...the Festival would all but seal that particular matter. Of the people who needed to be 'marked', she could always handle that later.

For now she drifted through the crowds of mortals like a fleck of snow in tar, submerging herself in the heart beat of the city even as she searched for the places most dear to her. A street corner here, a book store there, at one point she even went to a hospital and merely stared longingly at the third floor at one of the rooms. All of these places held special significance in her memories, where emotions hung in the very air for her but where so vibrant and new despite how old they were.

But then...there was the part she dreaded.

Lan Jia stood before the entrance to the cemetery, unable to take that first step unto the cobbled path that would begin to wind through the gravestones and markers for loved ones who had passed on. Those missed by the ones left behind.

Despite all evidence to the contrary...Lan Jia at the core of her memories was a single identity. A single person swamped by the memories of countless others, the one that formed her heart and mind. Of course, that person was dead now, she would have had to have been in order for her to form the basis of Lan Jia.

But was that girl Lan Jia or someone else?

It began to drizzle lightly, as was common the first time after that massive beam had fired into the sky, but she didn't really notice the rain.

strawberryman
2009-12-12, 04:31 PM
We will assume he gets the answering machine! "My survey, Honda-san. Sending the files now." With that, he takes pictures of a few pages on the notepad, shuts it, and hits the send button. "Call back at your first opportunity." He ends the call, just now receiving his tea, giving an appreciative nod to the waiter. After sipping his tea, he gives a relieving sigh, and loosens the tie around his neck, and pulling out today's newspaper.

After a few minutes of reading, his cell-phone rings, and he flips it open. "Abel." There is a pause. <Ah, my apologies, darling. How's the move going?> His tone is much more relaxed and warm than before as he continues his conversation. <...I see. Well, there are a few good colleges in the area, and I can see about pulling some strings with Mr. Honda.>

<...Yes, there will be adjustments to make, but I believe you may like this city.> He sighs again, tiredly. <I'm sorry, darling, I am waiting on a call... Yes, yes, give my love to Valeria. See you soon.> He hangs up, and goes back to reading.

The Librarian
2009-12-12, 05:04 PM
The name Honda catches Isara attention, but resists the urge to try and find out more. The waiter walks up with her mouuse and the bill.
Thank you.

As she starts enjoying her chocolaty desert she begins to focus on the main reason she went there.
Kayi, hasn't been back to the apartment in days, either that or I'm missing her every time she comes by. I wonder what she's doing that keeping her away so much.

((Who is that guy Strawberry, I really don't know?))

Edge
2009-12-12, 05:11 PM
Sato pauses, then nods and hands the map to Kanzue.

"Go look over this."

As Kanzue takes the hint and walks off, Sato turns to Adrián.

"Follow me."

Ryu then heads to a nearby tent, evidently his own quarters.

"What's on your mind, Visangre? This private enough for you?"

Adrián nods.

"Listen, I just wanted to sort something out between the two of us."

He pauses and scratches the back of his head.

"Our relationship's felt a bit... awkward to me. We both know that I'm stronger than you, and we both know that that normally means higher rank in the Gotei. However, I want you to put that out of your mind. Just treat me as you would anyone else in your squad, regardless of any disparity in strength. As far as I'm concerned, your orders are law unless they're unreasonable, or countermanded by a higher ranking officer."

He pauses again.

"Just something I wanted to get off my chest, I guess."

"You are. If you'll wait for a few minutes, I'll contact one of our commanding officers, so you can deal with someone who represents the entire Division."[/QUOTE]

"Perfectly kuh...sss fine by me."

strawberryman
2009-12-12, 05:33 PM
((Who knows. (http://bleachitp.wikidot.com/nero-abel) :smalltongue:))

The Librarian
2009-12-12, 05:42 PM
((Hmm...In that case we'll just have to see how this plays out.))

Isara finishes her desert and pays the bill. As she gets up she pulls out her 'myPod' puts on a pair of earbuds as she walks out only taking a brief glance at the man before turning away and walking down to the corner of the street.

Sucrose
2009-12-12, 05:56 PM
Sato sits down heavily. He appears to be collecting his thoughts for a moment, then leans back to peer into Adrián's eyes.

"I'll try to do that, Visangre. Honestly, it's been pretty uncomfortable for me as well. You're new, you're stronger than me, and you feel like a Hollow. Still, for all that, you have been a good squaddie. Hell, with your heroics during the bug invasion, it wouldn't surprise me too much if you got a promotion once Siegfried-taichou gets back."

He takes a deep breath, releases it slowly, then smiles.

"In any case, like I said, I'll try to treat you more normally. Now get out there and do your job!"
---------------------------------------------
Haru nods, then sends out a Hell Butterfly for one of the few individuals who cannot be counted on to be carrying her reiphone.

Mao-san, there's a visitor at headquarters. By rough estimates, he's at least as strong as a seated officer. Would you please speak with him on behalf of 13th Division?

Edge
2009-12-12, 06:13 PM
Sato sits down heavily. He appears to be collecting his thoughts for a moment, then leans back to peer into Adrián's eyes.

"I'll try to do that, Visangre. Honestly, it's been pretty uncomfortable for me as well. You're new, you're stronger than me, and you feel like a Hollow. Still, for all that, you have been a good squaddie. Hell, with your heroics during the bug invasion, it wouldn't surprise me too much if you got a promotion once Siegfried-taichou gets back."

He takes a deep breath, releases it slowly, then smiles.

"In any case, like I said, I'll try to treat you more normally. Now get out there and do your job!"

Adrián's lips curl into a faint as smile as he throws Sato a salute.

"Hai!"

He exits the tent, and then speeds off onto Sato squad's normal patrol route. He has half and hour before Kakashi and Tetsuo get back after all.

Callos_DeTerran
2009-12-12, 07:04 PM
Thunk.

With an almost dull cutting noise, Mao's zanpakuto cut into the chitin of one of the remaining insect creatures that had escaped from the initial onslaught, sending the creature collapsing down unto the ground before her before the tell-tale flutter of butterfly wings caught her ears and reishi-sense.

A quick swing of her blade got most of the ichor off of it, the rest rubbed off with a handkerchief she had to keep on hand nowadays for specifically this purpose. The vice-captain listens silently to the message, deigning not to return a hell butterfly that wouldn't arrive before she did and beginning the journey back towards the temporary headquarters of the 13th Division.

---

It only took her a couple of minutes to get there, once she got up to the roof-tops, and the vice-captain looks much more weary then she ever has been before. Ever since that gigantic...thing had stomped it's way through J-City, she had been busy non-stop to help pass on pluses, deal with the insect creature invasion and clean-up, not to mention the standard hollows who didn't let up in their assaults just because the 13th was becoming slightly over-worked lately.

Soon after, she unerringly seeks out Haru, laying a hand on his shoulder as she approached.

"What is the emergency?" She asks gravely, blind eyes closed for now.

strawberryman
2009-12-12, 07:09 PM
Nero throws a sideways glance at Isara as she walks away, his glasses throwing up indicators as to her reiatsu, not fooled by the existence of the gigai. With that, he throws the notepad open to a clean page, and jots down a few new notes.

The Librarian
2009-12-12, 07:34 PM
Isara waits for the light to change at a crosswalk.
I wonder if Siegfried came back yet?

Sucrose
2009-12-12, 08:07 PM
Haru shrugs, and points at Isaac.

"I'm sorry if I indicated that there was an emergency, Mao-san. However, this gentleman wished to make himself known to 13th Division, and I thought that, as you're an expert on etiquette, you could handle his introduction properly."

A slight nervous edge in his voice also indicates what he'd prefer not to say out loud: she's also one of the few officers he thinks can handle this individual.

Callos_DeTerran
2009-12-12, 09:04 PM
Mao noticed some things that those with sight did not, one of the few benefits of her bizarre sense, not the least of which was the tremor in Haru's voice and how her reishi sense encountered a thick mist about this man. As a matter of fact...

"I see...My apologies then. Too many incidents occur these days for me to assume they are anything but an emergency. Go and calm yourself, your anxiety is to be expected but it is unseemly of a shinigami to show such worries." She admonishes softly, giving him another pat on the shoulder before stepping past him towards Isaac.

Exactly five feet away from the man, she gives a courtly bow to him, eyes once again open to give the illusion of sight.

"It is tradition that a guest name himself to his host. If you would kindly...?" She opens with, leaving a long pause at the end of her sentence, an open invitation for him to answer.

The Librarian
2009-12-12, 09:32 PM
As soon as crosses the street she runs into a nearby alleyway and breaks from her Gigai telling it to return to the appartment. After that shes sonidoes back to 13th Division HQ.

Shades of Gray
2009-12-13, 01:15 AM
Honda-San

Honda-San is standing in the penthouse of the Moulton and Grandier building, looking out at the city. He checks his cellphone, and presses a button on it, then he returns it to his jacket pocket. He speaks into his headset, which covers one ear and has a microphone that extends to his jaw.

"<Ah, Hello Mr. Abel. Thank you for the information. I trust there were no difficulties in retrieving this information?>"

Nasumi

Nasumi nods. "I always am, Yumi-Sama. We should be back soon." With that Nasumi left the cave. She turns to Fubuki. "Ready?" She asks, releasing her zanpaktou.

Moshi Building

There's a riot going on outside the Moshi building. The public is beating at the doors of the Moshi building, and the police are struggling to keep the crowd under control. The recent newspapers have all been reporting on the recent widespread deaths, and Moshi's to blame. They claim that her show caused pandemonium, tricking people into believing it was real and causing them to panic and run mad. A similar occurrence in America was known as the War of the Worlds Radio Broadcast (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_War_of_the_Worlds_(radio)), and many people are comparing it to that tragic event. There have been talks of Moshi getting sued, and things don't look well for her show.

Moshi herself gets a phone-call.

Sucrose
2009-12-13, 01:20 AM
Fubuki nods.
"Of course, Nasumi-san. Just give me a moment to chant Rikujōkōrō. Carriage of Thunder. Bridge of a spinning wheel. With light, divide this into six!"

She then stops, holding the spell for a target, and waits for Nasumi's teleportation.

strawberryman
2009-12-13, 01:34 AM
Nero

Nero, not having a fancy headset, flips his phone open as soon as it rings. <Greetings, Mr. Honda. Indeed, I had no issue. Being unseen in the earlier crisis was of no challenge, I figured with the amount of resistance, my assistance was unneeded. And it gave ample room for observation, as you so saw yourself.> He adjusts his glasses with his free hand. <And I trust the investors have been informed, as well?>

Yumi

Yumi looks after the two as they leave, worriedly wringing her hands... she then turns to Junko with equal worry. Even with all the confusion and doubt concerning the Shinigami, she felt as attached to her as the others. She slowly approaches, latching on to Junko's remaining hand.

"Don't worry, Junko-chan... We... I won't let you die..." She leans in, giving the unconscious reaper a kiss on the lips, one that might have woken up a cursed damsel in some fairy tale, but reality is likely not so kind.

Edge
2009-12-13, 09:36 AM
Mao noticed some things that those with sight did not, one of the few benefits of her bizarre sense, not the least of which was the tremor in Haru's voice and how her reishi sense encountered a thick mist about this man. As a matter of fact...

"I see...My apologies then. Too many incidents occur these days for me to assume they are anything but an emergency. Go and calm yourself, your anxiety is to be expected but it is unseemly of a shinigami to show such worries." She admonishes softly, giving him another pat on the shoulder before stepping past him towards Isaac.

Exactly five feet away from the man, she gives a courtly bow to him, eyes once again open to give the illusion of sight.

"It is tradition that a guest name himself to his host. If you would kindly...?" She opens with, leaving a long pause at the end of her sentence, an open invitation for him to answer.

"Of kuh...sss course, miss. Isaac Blake, PhD. Forgive me for not removing my helmet, kuh...sss but my life is contingent on it remaining in place. I have recently arrived here from Britain, seeking to further my studies on spiritual phenomena, and kuh...sss was advised to seek out the 13th by an Allan, or something like that, to introduce myself. And that is what kuh...sss I am doing."

Sucrose
2009-12-13, 10:14 AM
Once Isaac's attention is safely focused on Mao-san, Haru slips into 13th Division HQ, where he heads off to go to sleep, as he'd been before he happened to note the approaching reiatsu.

The Librarian
2009-12-13, 03:28 PM
Isara approaches the base and sees Mao-san and Issac, as she passes on in.

KnightDisciple
2009-12-13, 03:50 PM
A nondescript man in a business suit walked down the street. His eyes, covered by sunglasses, scanned about.

When they caught sight of one Nero Abel on his third scan of the outdoor cafe area, he smirked slightly.

He walked over and sat across from the other man, acting as if this were entirely expected by both parties.

"Waitress? Yes, a simple coffee if you will. Black. Hot. Yes. Just black. Very black. Thank you."

After making the order, he simply sat there, looking calmly at the other man.

strawberryman
2009-12-13, 03:53 PM
Nero raises an eyebrow, and gives a subtle indication to the phone by his ear.

KnightDisciple
2009-12-13, 03:56 PM
Luther nods and waits patiently, a slight smirk on his face.

His coffee arrived, and he took to slowly sipping it, simple enjoyment present on his features.

Shades of Gray
2009-12-15, 08:15 PM
Nero

Nero, not having a fancy headset, flips his phone open as soon as it rings. <Greetings, Mr. Honda. Indeed, I had no issue. Being unseen in the earlier crisis was of no challenge, I figured with the amount of resistance, my assistance was unneeded. And it gave ample room for observation, as you so saw yourself.> He adjusts his glasses with his free hand. <And I trust the investors have been informed, as well?>

Honda-San

Honda nods his head. <I have informed everyone I feel needs to be informed, just stick to your job, Abel.> He said, hanging up. He didn't really have the time for smalltalk... But he did have time for some shrimp cocktail...

Nasumi

Nasumi repeated some coordinates, and Poof, they were in the hospital wing of Moulton and Grandier. Well, minus the poof. Making such a ridiculous noise would surely decrease efficiency, and so Nasumi had made sure she remained silent as she teleported. Quickly and quietly, Nasumi and Fubuki ran through the halls, looking for a doctor.

strawberryman
2009-12-15, 08:26 PM
Nero

Nero closes his phone, looking to Luther without betraying so much as a twitch. "You seem to be unbelievably smug about something, sir."

Yumi

Yumi sighs, backing off from Junko, looking for something to pass the time and calm her nerves as long as her lovers were away. Her eyes are drawn to the cook book that Fubuki picked up (and dropped). She drops to the ground, and flips the book open, browsing for a while...

...I wonder if we have an apron...

KnightDisciple
2009-12-15, 08:36 PM
Luther shrugs.

"Maybe I'm just in a better mood. Sleep does that for a man. Or maybe the odd image of you sitting in a cafe, sipping coffee, and talking on a cell phone. Presumably with your boss."

Luther sips some coffee himself.

"So. Before you seemed displeased with "my kind". I still am curious about that. You seem better behaved than some of the mortals out there, so I don't quite figure how you would run against the Shinigami."

strawberryman
2009-12-15, 08:45 PM
"Making assumptions is very unbecoming of you.", is the cold response. Nero adjusts his glasses in the usual fashion. "It is less that I am against 'your kind', and more that I am against what you stand for. What do I mean by that? Wouldn't you like to know." A cold grin curls on his lips.

KnightDisciple
2009-12-15, 08:47 PM
"Considering how strongly I believe in "what I stand for", I would like to know. I can't force you, mind. I suppose it's what you were talking about the last time? Increased chaos and all? Bit of a chicken and the egg problem though, isn't it?"

strawberryman
2009-12-15, 09:01 PM
"Isn't it, now." The grin retreats, leaving the usual neutral expression. He leans forward, bridging his fingers together. <As far as we know, the Soul Reapers have always existed, as have the Hollows. There are ones among your number who have been around for thousands of years. And as such, there are some that become detached from Mortal matters.> As Nero switches to English, a faint, untraceable European accent becomes apparent.

<Have you never thought what were to happen if these matters were taken care of with Mortal hands?> He says this with a completely straight face.

KnightDisciple
2009-12-15, 09:07 PM
<I can't give great perspective on your first point. Most of my people are a couple centuries old. The population explosion in America kind of skewed things. Thought our commanders are older...At any rate, we operate enough in the Mortal World enough to not feel disconnected. That said...I have noticed some of that here. The higher their level of power, the more disconnected they seem, barring a few.>

He thinks for several long moments.

<My first reaction is that some mortals would swing too far in the opposite direction. They'll be too connected. They'd use their powers for material gain here in the world. Gaining, and not caring who's hurt. I mean, what if someone was capturing Hollow, then selling them to random thugs to cause havoc, beat back the police? Do you know how many people that might hurt?>

He leans forward, tilting his glasses down to stare more directly at Nero.

<Because that's what's been happening. And I don't approve of that. I might, theoretically, approve of Mortals helping Mortals. But frankly, they'd need to show they're not just in it for the money.>

strawberryman
2009-12-15, 09:34 PM
<...I am well aware that power in this world is a double-edged sword. But, as we were talking earlier, so are things as we see them now.> Nero adjusts his glasses, again. <It's all a dream, however, even with my convictions there is nothing that will be gained from philosophical hypothetical debates.>

<Aside from knowing which side of the fence you would be on, if it ever happened.>, the implications seem to almost point this out as a major betrayal of knowledge on Luther's part. "I say, though, this is the second time we've crossed, and I have yet to hear your name. It's a fleeting hope that you haven't forgotten mine, but I am fairly unremarkable to your kind, so it wouldn't surprise me a bit."

KnightDisciple
2009-12-15, 09:38 PM
<I'm on the side of the fence that protects innocent and helpless people from dangerous powers of the spiritual nature. Hollows, demons, and the like. Even empowered mortals, if, and I emphasize if said power is used to the harm and/or exploitation of their fellow humans.>

He pauses, then slowly pulls out a badge.

"Gunnery Sergeant Luther Wilson, American Reaper Corps. It's nice to meet you again, Mr. Nero Abel."

A small smirk plays across his face.

strawberryman
2009-12-15, 09:45 PM
"You may call me Nero, if you wish. I have had so little casual human interaction that you could say you're the closest thing to an acquaintance, if not a friend, as I have ever had." Nero smirks slightly in response. "So, what brings the ARC so far from their homeland? I was under the impression you couldn't spare the troops."

The fact that he apparently knows of ARC's affairs should probably be fairly offsetting. However, it seems that the man in front of Luther was completely aware and even intending that small "slip".

KnightDisciple
2009-12-15, 09:50 PM
"Hn. You'd think that, but...things here are bad. We're concerned about domino effects. We've not brought half the army, but we've brought enough. Working with locals helps."

Luther tilted his head to the right a bit as he slid his glasses up his nose.

"Have you ever been to the Americas, Nero?"

Whatever concern Luther had, he wasn't showing.

Of course, he was a grunt. Spy work was for the military intelligence division, oxymoron or no.

strawberryman
2009-12-15, 09:56 PM
"A couple times, yes. A man of my profession moves a lot." Nero sits back again, taking a sip of his tea. <Now, which part do you mean, the horde of man-eating insects, the massive dragon-like creature, or the presence of many beings of Hollow descent? But it seems that there are more than a few among the ranks of the sanctioned natives here. Just how does that make you feel? And I have to say, an entire squad occupation in the Mortal world... it is quite unorthodox. Things must really be a mess.>

KnightDisciple
2009-12-15, 10:03 PM
<The insects came from the giant. Who's dead now. He was...I think I heard he was from another dimension. Who knows. As for the "beings of Hollow descent", it depends on their motives, actions, and...degree of control. Though, personally, I want to put a bullet in the head of any Arrancar that I see, I hold back on a couple. But that's not what I meant at all. I've seen at least one instance of what looked like an ordinary human controlling a hollow via a chain of some sort. Said human seemed new to the experience. Said human was also killed by an externally applied seal on her tongue when she tried to say who sold her the Hollow. And I've heard reports of similar incidents. That incident nearly killed dozens of people. Something I don't tolerate on my watch.>

His face has hardened; it's not anger, but it's an echo of it.

<And I cannot comment on the presence of said squad except that they're ultimately here to help protect this country.>

Callos_DeTerran
2009-12-16, 11:10 PM
Moshi

It was pure luck that the moving had been finished before the riots had started, at least then the workers wouldn't have got caught up in the mess outside. And it definitely was a mess, the police were having trouble just keeping all of the people out in the first place even if the wall made it a little easier. Now they were calling for her blood after she had done her damndest to save as many people as she could from...well...she still didn't know what it had been. Something big.

The entertainer paced back and forth in front of the third story window, worrying her thumbnail between her teeth as she wracked her brain over what to do. None of these people, or very few, realized the truth of what had happened, and so they took it out on a scapegoat without even thinking. Seriously, how could they blame her for what had happened?! It made no sense! But if this little miss didn't clear itself up by the time they arrived, then this building had might as well be forfeit.

The sudden ringing of the phone made her jump, striding over to it with a petulant expression on her face before picking it up.

"What the hell is going on? Did you find out how I got blamed for this yet?"

---

Mao

"I see. My own name is Mao, Vice-Captain of the Thirteenth Court Guard division. This is a rather peculiar incident Mr. Isaac. How do you know of spiritual entities? And how can you see them?" Mao asks politely, keeping her voice a nice even tone that could only offer insult to those that were seeking it out in the first place.

"You have to forgive my caution, but recently we've had trouble with most 'out of towners' who have come to J-city and it has admittedly made us a bit wary on the intentions of others. From where do you hail?"

Edge
2009-12-17, 12:00 PM
Mao

"I see. My own name is Mao, Vice-Captain of the Thirteenth Court Guard division. This is a rather peculiar incident Mr. Isaac. How do you know of spiritual entities? And how can you see them?" Mao asks politely, keeping her voice a nice even tone that could only offer insult to those that were seeking it out in the first place.

"You have to forgive my caution, but recently we've had trouble with most 'out of towners' who have come to J-city and it has admittedly made us a bit wary on the intentions of others. From where do you hail?"

"That is kuh...sss a long and rather unpleasant tale, Mao. Suffice it to say, Arrancar reiatsu was directly kuh...sss injected into my body. Everything before that is gone, and everything after is kuh...sss painful to recall. However, according to records I found at the installation where I had been held, I was a former member of the research team that kuh...sss experimented on me. Prior to my alteration kuh...sss I believe the team used technology to view and kuh...sss analyse kuh...sss... kuh...sss exkuh...ssscuse me. kuh...sss...kuh...sss"

Isaac rapidly tears a small cartridge, about an inch wide and two inches tall, out of the back of his helmet, quickly, dropping it into his bag, before rummaging around and pulling out an identical cartridge before ramming it into where the first was implanted into the helmet.

"Kuh...sss...kuh...sss Apologies. Where was I? kuh...sss Ah yes, the team's technology. They required it to view and analyse spiritual entities, as I imagine I originally did. However, I wouldn't worry about them. The company is situated in Britain, and that is where I have come from, and I left little in the way of clues for any trying to track me down."

strawberryman
2009-12-17, 12:29 PM
Nero

<Well, there must be something else on their plates if they moved their base of operations to the Mortal World, as it's an otherwise risky tactic, bringing even more attention upon this hapless city.> Nero adjusts his glasses again. <So, in theory,something has threatened their ability to stay safely in the Spiritual World, instead of here.>

Yumi

After changing into an apron and finding a few idle stones to make a fire pit with, as well as a pan and some eggs (assuming Nasumi would stock up on foodstuffs...), Yumi attempts to make a few omelettes.

KnightDisciple
2009-12-17, 07:00 PM
Luther looked long and hard at Nero.

<I will only say it was not a decision made casually.>

strawberryman
2009-12-17, 09:34 PM
Nero smirks. <Yes, yes, I suppose if you told me, you'd have to kill me.>

KnightDisciple
2009-12-17, 09:36 PM
Nero smirks. <Yes, yes, I suppose if you told me, you'd have to kill me.>

<No, they'd just arrest me and erase your memory. Or maybe not. Really, it's beyond your ability to influence anyways. Better we leave that aside. And I've personally made sure all encampments take all precautions against Hollow encroachments, at least more than what was already happening. This place is a giant magnet for the beasts...>

CMOTDibbler
2009-12-17, 11:23 PM
The Pair are in a cafe, talking about their weapons. To anybody listening, they both say that are very skilled with them, but believe that they could improve... somehow.

The Librarian
2009-12-17, 11:52 PM
Isara is sleeping back in Kayi's appartment, which is odd seeing that last time she was walking into the 13th HQ. Were going with it though.

CMOTDibbler
2009-12-18, 03:21 PM
Higure is out walking in a park near one of the Shinigami headquarters.

Takeno is waiting around at the cafe he was at before, To see if any other spiritual beings pop up.

Dorizzit
2009-12-18, 03:33 PM
Takeno may notice Allan walk up to the cafe and order a sandwich. Right now, he looks like a relatively normal human, probably from America, with an unusually high but unremarkable reiatsu comparable to a highly aware human.

CMOTDibbler
2009-12-18, 04:03 PM
Takeno does notice this. He sits down near the door, and sips his coffee. He also has high reiatsu. He senses that Allan is different, like him, but isn't sure why.

Dorizzit
2009-12-18, 06:21 PM
Allan sits down at a table across from Takeno, quietly eating his sandwich. He does, however, stare at Takeno, waiting to see if he'll make a move.

CMOTDibbler
2009-12-18, 08:32 PM
Takeno is confused. Is this guy a human or a... shinigami, that's it, like that Isara person?
E-
*coughs*
Evening, sir.

Dorizzit
2009-12-18, 09:29 PM
Allan smiles toothily at Takeno, before opening his mouth slightly wider than should be physically possible and swallowing the rest of his sandwich in a single bite, suddenly pointed fangs tearing it apart before reverting to normal human teeth. He leans back and gives an informal salute with two fingers.

"Yo."

CMOTDibbler
2009-12-18, 10:31 PM
...Are you a shinigami?
Takeno is being rather blunt. But the teeth were a definate sign.

Dorizzit
2009-12-18, 11:15 PM
Allan chuckles darkly.

"Hardly. Are you?"

CMOTDibbler
2009-12-18, 11:21 PM
No? Maybe you're an... Ar-
Arrancar? Is that right?
Takeno very slightly moves to easily draw his pistol if needed.

Dorizzit
2009-12-19, 07:45 AM
Allan chuckles softly.

"Getting warmer..."

CMOTDibbler
2009-12-19, 10:01 AM
After thinking about the possibilities a little, Takeno is pretty sure he knows what range, according to his knowledge, this guy is in.

You're either a weird kind of Hollow, or an Espada, or something I've never heard of. Which brings me to the question: What are you doing in a cafe here? Waiting for a Shinigami to fight?

Hardly noticable, Takeno is doing something under the table.

Dorizzit
2009-12-19, 01:17 PM
Allan shrugs.

"Eh, close enough. My name is Allan Crossdale. I go by the title of Living Arrancar, although that's just a relatively accurate moniker. I'm an...ally...ish...of the Shinigami."

Allan's senses, unfortunately for Takeno, are extraordinarily sharp, and the barely noticeable action is easily seen by him. His arm whips out in a lightning fast motion, and a long nodachi embeds itself halfway through the wall next to Takeno's head, shaking from side to side for a moment before disintegrating. Allan withdraws his hand and leans forward.

"I don't mean you any harm, and I'd prefer it if the sentiment remained mutual. So who are you?"

CMOTDibbler
2009-12-19, 06:14 PM
Takeno slowly puts the Le Mat revolver back in his shoulder holster. He had dropped the walkie-talkie he was holding, and drawn it as soon as Allan had moved. If he hadn't put it back, it would of seemingly appeared in Takeno's hand.

You're fast. I'm Boseiju Takeno, a police officer from Yokohama. I've just recently found out about shinigami and arrancar.

Dorizzit
2009-12-19, 06:48 PM
Allan smiles, more benignly.

"Thanks."

Two Sonidos put him in the other chair at Takeno's table.

"Sorry, but we were starting to attract stares. Good thing normal people can't see my Zanpakuto. As I said, my name's Allan Crossdale. Pleased to meet you, Takeno. I'm pretty new to all this myself; I've only known about the spiritual world and shinigami and hollows for a little over a month, although I've had my...abilities for two years. I had a hollow try to possess me when I was a fetus. Didn't end well for anyone involved. Do you have any special powers, or can you just see ghosts and Hollows?"

CMOTDibbler
2009-12-19, 07:02 PM
I... I'm not exactly sure. I know Oathkeeper-
*Takeno lifts his coat to show the Le Mat Revolver again*
-can hurt spiritual beings, and when I got it, I could hit almost anything with it without trying or practicing. I haven't really tried anything else yet.

Dorizzit
2009-12-19, 07:41 PM
Allan scratches his chin.

"Hm...that's interesting. You may want to try and experiment with it some more. If there's anything I've learned, it's that spiritual abilities rarely stay static. Most can grow or at least be augmented. Also, you may want to try some...'soul searching' to see if your weapon has a spirit. If it does, it could help you unlock more secrets of your power."

CMOTDibbler
2009-12-19, 07:48 PM
Takeno frowns, confused.
How would I 'go soul-searching'?

Dorizzit
2009-12-19, 07:53 PM
Allan shrugs.

"Hell if I know. I...kind of have the opposite problem."

CMOTDibbler
2009-12-19, 11:14 PM
What do you mean? Takeno is now more confused than he was.

--------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, Higure has gone back to his apartment.

Dorizzit
2009-12-20, 07:55 AM
Allan pauses for a second before answering.

"Well, as I said, I have a Hollow inside my soul. It's not exactly a quiet sort, either. As you can probably imagine, he's not a very pleasant house guest."

The Librarian
2009-12-21, 10:10 PM
((Time to Revive the Mortal World:smalltongue:))

Winter begins in J-City with gray cloud floating above the city. The beautiful fall leaves have all fallen, and the blooms from Mums and other Falls plants have gone as the plants for dormant until Spring. The first snowflakes of Winter begin descending upon the city tickling the bare skin of sleeping trees and chilly people passing through the town. Kids and students from around J-City rejoice at both their freedom from homework and tests for a few weeks and the fact that the snows beginning to stick to the pavement.

CMOTDibbler
2009-12-22, 04:37 PM
Allan pauses for a second before answering.

"Well, as I said, I have a Hollow inside my soul. It's not exactly a quiet sort, either. As you can probably imagine, he's not a very pleasant house guest."

I wouldn't think so. That sounds rather... problematic, to say the least. But would you have abilities without it?

Dorizzit
2009-12-22, 05:01 PM
Allan shakes his head.

"I would be a perfectly powerless human without it..."

CMOTDibbler
2009-12-22, 06:51 PM
I thought I was 'normal' before I saw a shinigami.

The Librarian
2009-12-22, 07:34 PM
Isara walks into the Cafe, her Gigai wearing a heavy blue coat but, shes apparently still freezing from the sound of her teeth clicking against each other, and making a somewhat unnecessary BBBRRRRRR!

CMOTDibbler
2009-12-22, 08:01 PM
Takeno is sitting near the door.
Ms. Wessmer.
*nods*
Would you mind possibly answering some questions?

The Librarian
2009-12-22, 08:28 PM
Isara nods taking a seat next to Takeno, removing her coat.
Oh hey there Takeno, thought I'd never see you again. Sure I can answer some questions you have the best of my ability.

CMOTDibbler
2009-12-22, 08:36 PM
Takeno looks relieved.
Thank you. Firstly, how can I tell if I have... 'other abilities'? Allan, another human with abilities, told me I might have some. Is there any way to train, or something?

The Librarian
2009-12-22, 09:03 PM
Isara thinks for a moment while ordering some hot chocolate.
Well...your powers are similar to a Shinigami's as much as I can tell. Both Arrancars and Shinigami have three levels of power with their Zanpaktous. For Shinigami its Sealed Form, Shikai, and Bankai. For Arrancar its Sealed Form, Ressurrecion, and Segunda Etapa. As for how to train for it, the only real way I know how someone could do that is to know the name of their Zanpakutou, and try communicating with it.

CMOTDibbler
2009-12-22, 09:14 PM
Well, the name of my pistol is Oathkeeper, could that be what you're talking about? Is there anyone who could train me and Higure?

The Librarian
2009-12-22, 09:22 PM
Isara thinks as she sips the hot chocolate.
...I really can't say, I'd suggest my Captain or someone else from my squad, but things have been kind of busy and confusing lately. I'd train but, I'm a Arrancar and don't know a lot about communing and working with a spirit of a Zanpaktou seeing that the spirit within mine is technically my brothers. I've also was able to use most of my abilities when I became an Arrancar.

CMOTDibbler
2009-12-22, 09:32 PM
Hmm... All right. How would I go about contacting your captain?

Dorizzit
2009-12-22, 09:33 PM
Allan

Allan interjects in the conversation at this point.

"Actually...I may be able to help. As I said earlier, I've never had trouble contacting my own 'spirit,' but as such I do have a large amount of experience in that and in reaching one's Inner World, the medium by which Spirits are spoken to. I can help you, Takeno."

CMOTDibbler
2009-12-22, 09:39 PM
Takeno looks over to Allan, suprised.
Really? Thanks, Allan. When can we start?

Dorizzit
2009-12-22, 09:41 PM
Allan shrugs.

"Any time that works for you. I'm not exactly busy."

The Librarian
2009-12-22, 09:53 PM
Isara turns to Takeno remembering something.
Oh yeah that's right, I put in a word about you and your brother to the 13th division. They didn't say when they'd get around to it, but I think my Captain may pay you guys a visit real soon.

CMOTDibbler
2009-12-22, 11:12 PM
((Sorry about the lapse, I had to get off for awhile.))
All right, thanks both of you. Allan, hows tommorow sound? Oh, one other thing. I'm sure my friend, Higure will want in on this. can you help him too?

Dorizzit
2009-12-23, 08:13 AM
Allan nods.

"Yeah, tomorrow won't be a problem. I can help your friend, too. We'll meet at...the park, let's say. Time doesn't matter to me. Now then, if that's all, I'd probably better go put some extra restraints on Soultaker to head off any possibility of unpleasantness tomorrow."

He'll listen to a response, then exit the cafe and Sonido off.

The Librarian
2009-12-23, 11:51 AM
Isara turns to Allan.
I can accompany you to help you out if Soutaker tries to break loose.

CMOTDibbler
2009-12-23, 11:56 AM
Thanks, Allan. I'll see you then. And Ms. Wessmer, I look forward to meeting your captain.

With that, Takeno goes off to tell Higure, then sleep for a while.

The Librarian
2009-12-23, 11:57 AM
Isara nods waving to him as he leaves.
See ya tomorrow then Takeno.

Kasanip
2009-12-27, 10:21 AM
Hisanori Hazuki, new arrivee

With a shudder and burst of glowing light, the doors of the Senkaimon opened rather forcefully, and Hazuki stepped through into a world of concrete and buildings totally different than anything she had seen in Seireitei.

Step was a euphemism, for as soon as she passed through the gates, both of her haku flared and glowed with a brilliant blue light and spun faster and faster about her like a twister, until they became one with her, as her sword glittered and with a flash of sparkles, was sheathed on her back, though suddenly the weapon was weighted, as if a real nodachi.

And suddenly the weight of gravity hit Hazuki, and though she had just been stepping forward, now her foot caught the ground and she stumbled, instinctively throwing her hands up to stop herself as she leaned against the brick building she had appeared by.

Small snowflakes fluttered gently in the eerie late fall weather, and Hazuki looked around, utterly confused.

Where had her haku gone? What had happened to her sword's weight? What was she wearing? What happened? Hazuki looked at her hands and clothes, vaguely identifying it as the normal sailor fuku of a student. Her shinigami uniform was gone, replaced by a blouse and skirt - her sandals now loafers. The wind was icy cold, and Hazuki shuddered and started to walk. Gotokuji Station... she had to find it.

As she walked down the street, she started to take in this strange new world. The clothing, the cars, the tall concrete buildings, the lights and the sounds and smells were all a bit overwhelming, and Hazuki felt almost like she needed to keep a hand on the wall as she walked.
She had never paid too much attention to the conversation on the mortal forms known as 'gigai' because she couldn't use them...part of the side effect of her condition. And yet here she was, and she knew subconsciously that she was in a physical form. Had her haku been able to rejoin her as a sort of form? Hazuki didn't know, but even as she walked down the street, searching for a sign, she felt an odd gnawing in her stomach. The emptiness from before had seemed to grow only a little, as if the icy breeze was sapping what little strength she had. Distracted by the world around, Hazuki continued her walk.

Edge
2009-12-28, 03:59 PM
((Reposting in hope of a response.))

Mao

"That is kuh...sss a long and rather unpleasant tale, Mao. Suffice it to say, Arrancar reiatsu was directly kuh...sss injected into my body. Everything before that is gone, and everything after is kuh...sss painful to recall. However, according to records I found at the installation where I had been held, I was a former member of the research team that kuh...sss experimented on me. Prior to my alteration kuh...sss I believe the team used technology to view and kuh...sss analyse kuh...sss... kuh...sss exkuh...ssscuse me. kuh...sss...kuh...sss"

Isaac rapidly tears a small cartridge, about an inch wide and two inches tall, out of the back of his helmet, quickly, dropping it into his bag, before rummaging around and pulling out an identical cartridge before ramming it into where the first was implanted into the helmet.

"Kuh...sss...kuh...sss Apologies. Where was I? kuh...sss Ah yes, the team's technology. They required it to view and analyse spiritual entities, as I imagine I originally did. However, I wouldn't worry about them. The company is situated in Britain, and that is where I have come from, and I left little in the way of clues for any trying to track me down."

strawberryman
2009-12-28, 06:21 PM
<No, they'd just arrest me and erase your memory. Or maybe not. Really, it's beyond your ability to influence anyways. Better we leave that aside. And I've personally made sure all encampments take all precautions against Hollow encroachments, at least more than what was already happening. This place is a giant magnet for the beasts...>

<I've noticed.> Nero adjusts his glasses once more. <Now, is there some purpose for your presence here, or are we simply making small, if politically-charged, talk at this point? I believe I shared with you that my job here is merely one of observation, and as such I bear no ill will towards you or your allies. Regardless of whether you believe me or not.>

KnightDisciple
2009-12-28, 06:24 PM
<I've noticed.> Nero adjusts his glasses once more. <Now, is there some purpose for your presence here, or are we simply making small, if politically-charged, talk at this point? I believe I shared with you that my job here is merely one of observation, and as such I bear no ill will towards you or your allies. Regardless of whether you believe me or not.>

Luther tilted his head to the side.

<Maybe I simply wished to speak when I was in a better mood, and the setting was more civil? Maybe I was trying to find out whatever information I could through small talk. And maybe I was trying to ensure that my people, and the locals, didn't have yet another hostile individual or group working towards their harm. So far, you've shown yourself to not be such a person. I do hope that continues to be the case.>

strawberryman
2009-12-28, 06:34 PM
<Of the many thoughts on my mind, bringing harm to the populace is the furthest thing from them.> Nero nods slightly, then shifts in his seat, preparing to take off. <Unless you have other matters to discuss, I believe I should be on my way, as I shouldn't keep you from your duties, or your brief escape from them.> He leaves more than enough money on the table to pay for his own purchases and Luther's coffee, with a generous tip.

KnightDisciple
2009-12-28, 06:43 PM
Luther frowned slightly, then shrugged. Getting up, he slowly walked down the street.

As he did, a twist of his watched sent his gigai and modsoul on their way, while he took to the air, once more clad in his fatigues. He quickly took up a circuit around the city.

strawberryman
2009-12-28, 06:48 PM
Given the lack of response, Nero makes his way with purpose to the Moulton & Grandier building.

Kasanip
2009-12-29, 02:18 AM
Hazuki continued her cold treck, though weariness was starting to eat at her as she adjusted the sword on her back. It was heavy, and the emptiness in her stomach was starting to make her shiver. She started climbing the next hill, panting as she paused to shift the weapon on her back so it would stop hitting her in the legs.

"Excuse me young lady. What are you doing out here?" A voice called to her, and Hazuki turned, a little startled.
"E-excuse me?" Hazuki managed to ask. Standing there at the gates to the large campus she had passed, was a man dressed in a business suit, looking cold and wearing a concerned look on his face.
"What are you doing out here? Shouldn't you be on your way home or in club activities? And why are you carrying that sword on your back?"
"*Huff* I'm in the *huff* Kendo club?" She tried. The man frowned and looked at her school uniform, obviously trying to read where she was supposed to be, and then he looked at the nodachi.
"You're obviously not very good at it. Maybe you should start with something smaller." The man said. "Anyway, you should hurry on."
Hazuki offered a rushed bow and started off again, a little more confused. The teachers at Seireitei hadn't been that different though, she mused.

By the time she got to the center of town though, Hazuki was completely lost. She looked around in confusion at the tall buildings, wondering which way to the station.

Shades of Gray
2009-12-29, 02:30 AM
Hazuki will see a man wearing a police badge leaning against a wall. He appears foreign, Caucasian. He is wearing a long coat and a hat, and he has long brown hair and a goatee. The police man is looking at her, with a look of slight confusion. He had seen Hazuki pass by this intersection at least three times now. He approaches the shinigami. "Excuse me ma'am, may I help you?" He asks politely. His Japanese has the hint of an accent, it sounds like he is from Australia or New Zealand.

Kasanip
2009-12-29, 02:38 AM
Hazuki looked up at the policeman and offered a hesitant bow, as best she could with the big weight on her back.
"Ah..Ano.. I don't speak english." She tried to say, before realizing that the officer had in fact, spoken in Japanese. She felt her face flush a little bit.

"Err...excuse me sir. I'm sorry... I'm rather, lost." She said, shifting her sword again. "I'm looking for Gotokuji Station?" She asked hopefully.

Shades of Gray
2009-12-29, 02:50 AM
The policeman smiled, then pointed down the street. "Head down this street until you get to Sakuramachi, then turn left. It will be on the right, you can't miss it." He looked back at the shinigami, and at the school uniform. He figures that she's new, and this must be her first day, which is true in a way. "This is your first time in J-City I take it?"

Kasanip
2009-12-29, 02:58 AM
Hazuki looked down the street and then offered the awkward bow again to the police officer.
"Go straight until Sakuramachi, then turn left. It's on the right." She repeated, confirming the directions to herself outloud. The police officer's question brought an embarrassed smile to her face.

"Yes sir. It's my first time here, so...I'm a little lost. It's very different than I thought it would be." She replied, not entirely sure how to respond to him.

Shades of Gray
2009-12-29, 03:06 AM
The policeman nodded, a grin on his face. "Ah, well, welcome to J-City. There should be some maps at the train station, which will help. Oh, and make sure you don't go drawing that thing in public." He said, pointing to the massive blade on Hazuki's back. "Good luck on your first patrol." He said in a light tone before walking away, his hands in his pockets.

DoomITP
2009-12-30, 01:28 AM
Anselm can be found walking in the forests near J city.

Kasanip
2009-12-30, 02:53 AM
The policeman nodded, a grin on his face. "Ah, well, welcome to J-City. There should be some maps at the train station, which will help. Oh, and make sure you don't go drawing that thing in public." He said, pointing to the massive blade on Hazuki's back. "Good luck on your first patrol." He said in a light tone before walking away, his hands in his pockets.

"Thank you, I won't." Hazuki responded earnestly in response to the officer's friendly advice and comment about her sword. As she turned to leave though, the final weight of the officer's comments dawned on her.
"Good luck on your first patrol." He had said. As if he knew she wasn't supposed to be here. Or, well, was supposed to be here, but for some reason other than normal. Shinigami business. Though...ironically perhaps, she was not.

She spun to look again for the officer, but he had already disappeared into the crowds.
A little uneasy, Hazuki continued to towards the station.

Dorizzit
2009-12-30, 09:16 AM
Allan

A day has passed since Allan chanced an encounter with Takeno in the small cafe. Not much has changed. It is a day like any other. He woke up, ate, hunted minor hollows for a while, then came to the park. Now, he waits for his two future pupils.

MageSparrowhawk
2009-12-30, 06:21 PM
The double set of doors part, and Captain Koujin steps into the mortal world wearing his Gigai. He glances around for a moment before determining the direction to the restaurant he plans to visit. Hopefully his Vice-captain will follow quickly.

DoomITP
2009-12-30, 06:28 PM
Anselm is sonidoing along, looking for souls.

Dorizzit
2009-12-30, 06:39 PM
Damara follows through immediately after Koujin, eyes sweeping the area around the Senkai gate cautiously before relaxing his guard.

MageSparrowhawk
2009-12-30, 06:44 PM
"It's this way." Koujin nods, before starting in the direction indicated.

"I haven't really gotten a chance to talk with you much before now...do you like being in the Sixth much? You've held the position for several decades I know..."

KnightDisciple
2009-12-30, 07:25 PM
Anselm is sonidoing along, looking for souls.

He will soon find a man in urban camo fatigues standing in his way. No weapon is pointed at him, but his hand rests on the butt of a large pistol.

"State your name and purpose in this area."

DoomITP
2009-12-30, 07:47 PM
My name? Anselm Brandt. As for my reason for being here... I'm taking a walk.

He says, his spiritual pressure kicks up a bit, thinking that this man may attack.

MageSparrowhawk
2009-12-30, 07:51 PM
Koujin frowns. That feels like an arrancar... He glances over at Damara. "That presence...it is in the direction we need to go. I want to check it out..." He begins to walk faster.

((he/they should arrive in...about two posts))

KnightDisciple
2009-12-30, 07:55 PM
My name? Anselm Brandt. As for my reason for being here... I'm taking a walk.

He says, his spiritual pressure kicks up a bit, thinking that this man may attack.

"You have to realize that your presence, though apparently non-hostile by your statement, can be construed as hostile. All Arrancar are regarded as threats, and one skulking around the forests certainly does not lend himself to upright trustworthiness. Now, can you assure me in full truthfulness that you are only taking a walk, and will not in any way endanger, attack, or harm any living or deceased humans? Be they Plus or Mortal, they are off-limits according to the treaty. Which is still in effect for the time being."

DoomITP
2009-12-30, 07:57 PM
I'm not interested in such creatures. Their souls are too weak to fill me to begin with.

KnightDisciple
2009-12-30, 08:00 PM
I'm not interested in such creatures. Their souls are too weak to fill me to begin with.

"Oh? So you can assure me you're not going to instigate any fights, cause any harm, and so on? Perhaps we can arrange an escort, so that you can be assured you won't be accosted further. And perhaps for our own peace of mind, you see."

Luther has not moved during the "negotiations", and is speaking in a fairly friendly voice.

His hand is, however, still on his Purifier's grip.

DoomITP
2009-12-30, 08:03 PM
How weak is this guy exactly? I'm thinking about balaing him. :smalltongue:

I promise I won't start any fights. However I would be happy to finish them.

KnightDisciple
2009-12-30, 08:06 PM
How weak is this guy exactly? I'm thinking about balaing him. :smalltongue:

I promise I won't start any fights. However I would be happy to finish them.

You do what you wish. But he's made no threatening moves.

"I see. Well, that's part of my reason for suggesting an escort; that way, we ensure you don't get into any fights, and everyone's happy and unhurt. I'm sure the same type of arrangement would occur if, say, I went to Las Noches for some reason. Assuming the treaty were still in place, of course. So. I can provide said escort, or call it in."

Dorizzit
2009-12-30, 08:08 PM
Koujin frowns. That feels like an arrancar... He glances over at Damara. "That presence...it is in the direction we need to go. I want to check it out..." He begins to walk faster.

Damara nods and focuses for a second in order to pinpoint Anselms location. He follows behind Koujin.

"Shunpo might be more prudent in this situation."

DoomITP
2009-12-30, 08:11 PM
This is very troublesome, I don't need you or your men scaring my prey away, firing off those loud things you call "guns". I would have been done had it not been for this irritation. And if you went to Los Noches, it would be more likely that you were dropped into the Menos Forest for the pure entertainment value.

MageSparrowhawk
2009-12-30, 08:14 PM
"Is there something I can do to help, Mr. Wilson?" Koujin walks up, wearing a gigai. His presence is almost undetectable, being concealed in this way.

KnightDisciple
2009-12-30, 08:15 PM
This is very troublesome, I don't need you or your men scaring my prey away, firing off those loud things you call "guns". I would have been done had it not been for this irritation. And if you went to Los Noches, it would be more likely that you were dropped into the Menos Forest for the pure entertainment value.

The friendly expression drops.

"We are not, however, in Las Noches. We are in the Mortal World, which, per the treaty by your Lord Toho, is under our protection and dominion. I will not bar your entry entirely, but to ensure the safety of my charges, I will not allow you about unescorted. Now. I am trying to be civil, and to stick to the terms of the treaty. If you continue your belligerent attitude, I will consider you in willful single violation of its terms. Thus making you fair game. I'd like to avoid that, however. Depending on your "prey", we won't be randomly firing guns. That's only done when we fight. I mean, I've not even drawn it from its holster yet."

Luther's stance does not change, but his expression and tone of voice have hardened. There's an aura of command in how he holds himself and speaks. As if he often leads men in some way or another.

Edit: "Oh, probably not. We've just got a visitor. I'm seeking to arrange a tour guide for him. We're just discussing the details of said tour guide right now."