PDA

View Full Version : Murphy's Law

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Aaron
2010-01-11, 07:18 PM
I don't think you get that in prison.

And how long do you seriously think I'd last in prison. I'm not exactly a paragon of physical fortitude. :smalltongue:

Three days, maybe? :smalltongue:

approximately one week.

tehn you'll go insane from the lack of crack pairings.:smallbiggrin:

So would I, so would I. :smallbiggrin:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-11, 07:19 PM
Three days, maybe? :smalltongue:

Let's just say that I'm fairly sure that I've got d4 hit dice.

(We should get back on topic here, people. :smallsmile:)

Aaron
2010-01-11, 07:30 PM
So, I would just just like to complement on your plot style Coffee. :smallsmile: By not reveling much of the main character's (Lloyd's) past, you have set us up in anticipation for more comics to come. More Lloyd!!! More Lloyd!!! :smallbiggrin:

*waits for more comic updates, once Coffee has a break from school* :smallsigh::smallwink::smalltongue:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-13, 04:01 PM
Guess what?

Because Monday is MLK Day, I may be able to get 2 comics in this weekend!

Mystic Muse
2010-01-13, 04:06 PM
Oh, I thought you were coming to tell us something important:smalltongue: I hope it's obvious that I'm joking. looking forward to it.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-15, 09:49 PM
Finally, here's Comic 12.

How did Panel 3 turn out?

#12: Captain Obvious
http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac294/caffeineincluded/CaptainObvious.png

Mystic Muse
2010-01-15, 09:52 PM
yay update!

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-15, 09:53 PM
yay update!

And another one this weekend! :smallbiggrin:

What did you like about this one?

Mystic Muse
2010-01-15, 09:56 PM
the continuation of plot

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-15, 09:57 PM
the continuation of plot

What about panel 3?

Mystic Muse
2010-01-15, 09:58 PM
I liked it, although the fangs should look like they have venom ON them instead of looking like they're made of poison.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-15, 10:04 PM
I liked it, although the fangs should look like they have venom ON them instead of looking like they're made of poison.

The fangs themselves are black. Look carefully--The poison dripping is actually a very dark green.

Mystic Muse
2010-01-15, 10:13 PM
I'm looking carefully and it still looks black.:smallconfused:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-15, 10:15 PM
I'm looking carefully and it still looks black.:smallconfused:

I know; I thought there was an inkscape glitch at first too.

But it's a super-dark green.

Mystic Muse
2010-01-15, 10:20 PM

AKA Black.:smalltongue: (maybe you should do a color with a more noticable diffference?)

CrimsonAngel
2010-01-15, 10:41 PM
Thier blankets keep moving around. :smallconfused:

EDIT: I see the green.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-15, 10:42 PM
Their blankets keep moving around. :smallconfused:

EDIT: I see the green.

What do you mean by that?

And yay!

CrimsonAngel
2010-01-15, 10:44 PM
They were sleeping somwere, they moved around, then they did it again.

Aaron
2010-01-15, 10:55 PM
YAY!!! Update! :smallbiggrin:

Opps! Looks like Janine is really upset from having her dream interrupted. :smallwink::smalltongue:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-15, 10:55 PM
They were sleeping somwere, they moved around, then they did it again.

They got up and kicked their blankets aside.

YAY!!! Update! :smallbiggrin:

Opps! Looks like Janine is really upset from having her dream interrupted. :smallwink::smalltongue:

Well, take another look at the first panel...:smallamused:

Silverraptor
2010-01-15, 10:56 PM
I like the splash panel. Nicely done!:smallwink:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-15, 10:58 PM
I like the splash panel. Nicely done!:smallwink:

Thank you! :smallbiggrin:

Aaron
2010-01-15, 11:03 PM
Well, take another look at the first panel...:smallamused:

I noticed it. But if the spider didn''t show up, then Remus would not have been barking, waking Radic up, who then woke everyone else up with only two very loud words. :smalltongue:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-15, 11:04 PM
I noticed it. But if the spider didn''t show up, then Remus would not have been barking, waking Radic up, who then woke everyone else up with only two words. :smalltongue:

Well, it's a good thing that they're not Janine's two words then! :smalltongue:

Aaron
2010-01-15, 11:06 PM
Well, it's a good thing that they're not Janine's two words then! :smalltongue:

:smalleek:...*facepalm* (1d3 + 5 damage)

That...would be bad. :smallamused:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-15, 11:11 PM
:smalleek:...*facepalm* (1d3 + 5 damage)

That...would be bad. :smallamused:

It would get them up though. :smallamused:

Mystic Muse
2010-01-15, 11:15 PM
okay, I copied the image onto my computer and looked at it on a program where I can zoom in.

THE VENOM IS BLACK

Nathander
2010-01-15, 11:41 PM
I have to admit that the thing that impressed me the most on this strip was the giant spider. That is one damn well drawn spider.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-15, 11:47 PM
I have to admit that the thing that impressed me the most on this strip was the giant spider. That is one damn well drawn spider.

Thank you! :smallbiggrin: I used a bunch of reference pics for it!

Silverraptor
2010-01-15, 11:48 PM
I made a spider picture, but it's too small to see all the detail.:smallsigh:

memnarch
2010-01-16, 01:16 AM

000400FF is so close to 000000FF that my display makes it look like they are both black.

Try 002000FF to 003500FF next time.

Asta Kask
2010-01-16, 06:02 AM
I see only black on black. Ah, well.

Damn, that's a big-ass spider. There should really be a Size penalty to Move Silently, because that thing is not stealthy. Remus must have really tanked his Listen checks.

The thing is - yes, Lloyd is captain obvious here but that's part of the leader's job. Bark out orders so that everyone get's into high gear NOW!

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-16, 07:10 AM
I see only black on black. Ah, well.

Damn, that's a big-ass spider. There should really be a Size penalty to Move Silently, because that thing is not stealthy. Remus must have really tanked his Listen checks.

The thing is - yes, Lloyd is captain obvious here but that's part of the leader's job. Bark out orders so that everyone get's into high gear NOW!

It's also Radic who is Captain Obvious here; everyone else was up/getting up from Remus's barking already.

Asta Kask
2010-01-16, 07:22 AM
It's also Radic who is Captain Obvious here; everyone else was up/getting up from Remus's barking already.

D'oh! Major brainfart from me. :smallredface:

Shouldn't it be captainess? :smallsmile:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-16, 07:23 AM
D'oh! Major brainfart from me. :smallredface:

Shouldn't it be captainess? :smallsmile:

I think it's gender-neutral here.

And do you agree with Matt? (He'll never sleep with his boots off again...)

Asta Kask
2010-01-16, 07:25 AM
And do you agree with Matt? (He'll never sleep with his boots off again...)

I think he can at least die with his boots on.

Edit: Shouldn't you be getting your beauty-sleep now? Or have I confused the time zones again?

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-16, 07:31 AM
I think he can at least die with his boots on.

Perhaps. :smalltongue:

Now, imagine you're in their situation. You hear Remus barking and Radic screaming...And you look up to see a GIGANTIC spider looming over you, dripping poison onto Lloyd's blanket that's how close it is.

Random: Who do you think would carry out the following conversation? :smalltongue:

Person 1: Well...Right now you are down and out, and feeling really crappy...

Person 2: So help me, if you break out into a song and dance number, I will beat you with your femur.

Asta Kask
2010-01-16, 07:41 AM
Person 1: Well...Right now you are down and out, and feeling really crappy...

Person 2: So help me, if you break out into a song and dance number, I will beat you with your femur.

I don't know them too well - it's only been 12 strips. But my guess is P1=Janine and P2=Radic.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-16, 07:42 AM
I don't know them too well - it's only been 12 strips. But my guess is P1=Janine and P2=Radic.

Oh yeah. Heheh.

Do you know where what P1 said is from?

Asta Kask
2010-01-16, 08:00 AM
Oh yeah. Heheh.

Do you know where what P1 said is from?

It seems familiar, but... no.

The Dark Fiddler
2010-01-16, 08:05 AM
But when I see how sad you are, it sort of makes me... happy!

Schadenfreude - Avenue Q (Nikky and Gary Coleman)

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-16, 08:06 AM
It seems familiar, but... no.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCQGQ5qBQTA

Enjoy!

But when I see how sad you are, it sort of makes me... happy!

Schadenfreude - Avenue Q (Nikky and Gary Coleman)

Aww, you spoiled it! :smallfrown: :smalltongue:

So...Didja like?

Asta Kask
2010-01-16, 08:15 AM
So...Didja like?

There's a Swedish saying: The Schadenfreude is the only true joy.

Yeah, although I prefer heavy metal and Wagnerian opera.

So... fight scene. I wonder how these characters would look manga-style.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-16, 08:18 AM
There's a Swedish saying: The Schadenfreude is the only true joy.

Yeah, although I prefer heavy metal and Wagnerian opera.

So... fight scene. I wonder how these characters would look manga-style.

Yes, but Elagune doesn't read this. :smalltongue:

Asta Kask
2010-01-16, 08:20 AM
Yes, but Elagune doesn't read this. :smalltongue:

Use your feminine wiles on him.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-16, 08:22 AM
Use your feminine wiles on him.

Have I come across as particularly feminine or wily to you?

Asta Kask
2010-01-16, 08:32 AM
Have I come across as particularly feminine or wily to you?

*mystical voice*

The knowledge is inside you, girl. You only have to come in contact with your womb, your guide to the Great Mother. Trust your instincts.

*/mystical voice*

Or you could offer to send him pictures of Naughty Catholic* Schoolgirl Day. Not pictures of you, per se, but there were other girls there.

*is there a special significance to them being Catholic? Are Jewish schoolgirls less naughty? And what did the boys dress up as? :smalleek:

If this (http://www.amazon.com/Costume-Naughty-Catholic-Sorority-Midriff/dp/B0013FICHE) is any guide, Catholic Schoolgirls only exist in subtropical climates. Perhaps that's why the Reformation never made it to Southern Europe.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-16, 08:38 AM
*mystical voice*

The knowledge is inside you, girl. You only have to come in contact with your womb, your guide to the Great Mother. Trust your instincts.

*/mystical voice*

Or you could offer to send him pictures of Naughty Catholic* Schoolgirl Day. Not pictures of you, per se, but there were other girls there.

*is there a special significance to them being Catholic? Are Jewish schoolgirls less naughty? And what did the boys dress up as? :smalleek:

The joke is that Catholic schoolgirl outfits include blouses and skirts. So...Too-tight blouses and miniskirts. :smalltongue:

And no, the buys dressed up as normal. You're thinking of Drag Day.

Asta Kask
2010-01-16, 08:46 AM
The joke is that Catholic schoolgirl outfits include blouses and skirts. So...Too-tight blouses and miniskirts. :smalltongue:

And no, the buys dressed up as normal. You're thinking of Drag Day.

So there was a cheesecake day, but no beefcake day? That's just mean - you should demand equal treatment next year (or will you be too old?)

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-16, 08:48 AM
So there was a cheesecake day, but no beefcake day? That's just mean - you should demand equal treatment next year (or will you be too old?)

I'm too old. :smallfrown:

Trust me. It was so worth it to see all the guys in dresses, makeup, and high heels.

At a college.

With college tours taking place that day.

Asta Kask
2010-01-16, 08:52 AM
Trust me. It was so worth it to see all the guys in dresses, makeup, and high heels.

So... Lloyd and Mark in dresses, makeup and high heels?

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-16, 08:55 AM
So... Lloyd and Mark in dresses, makeup and high heels?

First, it's Matt.

But that would be so hilarious.

And at camp, during the college tours...

Male high school seniors on tour: *Look at all the guys in drag* :eek:

Me: Sorry boys, Fanservice Day was yesterday!

Asta Kask
2010-01-16, 09:12 AM
But that would be so hilarious.

And at camp, during the college tours...

Male high school seniors on tour: *Look at all the guys in drag* :eek:

You could do it as a nightmare sequence.

*starts singing, softly*

Welcome to my nightmare
I think you're gonna like it
I think you're gonna feel... you belong
A nocturnal vacation
Unnecessary sedation
You want to feel at home 'cause you belong

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-16, 09:14 AM
You could do it as a nightmare sequence.

*starts singing, softly*

Welcome to my nightmare
I think you're gonna like it
I think you're gonna feel... you belong
A nocturnal vacation
Unnecessary sedation
You want to feel at home 'cause you belong

Or a crack pairing. :smallbiggrin:

Asta Kask
2010-01-16, 10:16 AM
Anyone feel like starting a Class/Level Geekery thread? :smallsmile:

Silverraptor
2010-01-16, 02:46 PM
I'm thinking you guys may want to take your conversations to pm talks.:smallsigh:

silversaraph
2010-01-16, 07:46 PM

Small point of criticism from a tarantula owner, spiders also have two arm-like pedipalps, right next to the fangs.

Not that big, but if I was next to a 100 foot tall spider they would be pretty evident.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-16, 07:56 PM
Small point of criticism from a tarantula owner, spiders also have two arm-like pedipalps, right next to the fangs.

Not that big, but if I was next to a 100 foot tall spider they would be pretty evident.

I tried putting those in, but it made the spider's head look crowded. Thanks though.

Asta Kask
2010-01-17, 11:24 AM
I distinctly remember someone speaking of two updates this weekend.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-17, 11:31 AM
I distinctly remember someone speaking of two updates this weekend.

That includes Monday. And it's not even noon.

Asta Kask
2010-01-17, 11:44 AM
That includes Monday. And it's not even noon.

It's evening here! :smallsmile:

We need a *tantrum* smiley.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-17, 12:14 PM
It's evening here! :smallsmile:

We need a *tantrum* smiley.

Hey, not my fault you live on the other side of the world. I'm still in my pajamas! :smallbiggrin:

Asta Kask
2010-01-17, 12:24 PM
I'm sure your parents will be so relieved to discover that you are telling strange, twenty-year-older men, whom you've met on the Internet, that you are still in your pajamas... :smallbiggrin:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-17, 12:26 PM
I'm sure your parents will be so relieved to discover that you are telling strange, twenty-year-older men, whom you've met on the Internet, that you are still in your pajamas... :smallbiggrin:

Gee, thanks for making me paranoid and generally feeling awkward again. :smallannoyed:

And hey, you have no clue who I am. :smalltongue:

Asta Kask
2010-01-17, 12:34 PM
I'm sorry for that. And you're right, it would be hard to find you. How many people live in NY nowadays?

Mystic Muse
2010-01-17, 01:32 PM
not as many since Ozymandias blew it up.

Silverraptor
2010-01-17, 01:42 PM
And now I come in and say, "Thank you all for coming. Please stay to the original path and not stray off to random discussions!"

Eztheria
2010-01-17, 05:57 PM
While I like this comic otherwise, I cannot help but cringe at every picture where the artists puts spider legs at the body. Please, PLEASE, edit this ;_; It's been done far too often ;_; I know it's not easy... I had to practice a bit to get them right, but you don't need to see where every leg starts at the head of the spider. Use a reference picture if necessary...

Everything other is quite funny, especially the first two panels :)

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-17, 05:58 PM
While I like this comic otherwise, I cannot help but cringe at every picture where the artists puts spider legs at the body. Please, PLEASE, edit this ;_; It's been done far too often ;_; I know it's not easy... I had to practice a bit to get them right, but you don't need to see where every leg starts at the head of the spider. Use a reference picture if necessary...

Everything other is quite funny, especially the first two panels :)

I would, but it's a stick figure comic! It wouldn't work otherwise!

Zanaril
2010-01-17, 06:10 PM
but you don't need to see where every leg starts at the head of the spider.

The thorax, actually.

Nice comic, Coffee. The splash page is wonderfully :smalleek:

My only nitpick is that the text is getting a little bit too small and cramped; it's part of the comic that's just as important as the images. Take some time to get it as readable as possible. (Although good job not using comic sans.)

For instance, I can't help but think Radic's "GIANT SPIDER!!!" should have been much larger. :smalltongue:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-17, 11:15 PM
Yeah, I realized when doing this comic that the text is starting to get a bit small; I'll try doing larger text next time.

In any case...New comic! NOW! :smallbiggrin:

#13: Rule Of Cool
http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac294/caffeineincluded/RuleOfCool.png

Mystic Muse
2010-01-17, 11:41 PM
you're going to have to start making the dialogue larger. it's pretty hard to read.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-17, 11:42 PM
you're going to have to start making the dialogue larger. it's pretty hard to read.

I know. Next comic.

Other than that, did you like?

Also:

Poor Matt...

When you can turn into a Dire Bear, one would think excessive planning ahead from that point would be rather frivilous, so no and no.

Plan A:
Radic Wild Shapes into a flying animal; preferably an eagle. She flies up really high, turns back to normal, falls, then Wild Shapes into a Dire Bear so she can crush the spider and deal extra damage. However, this was her last Wild Shape of the day (Middle of the night battle) so...

Plan B: Janine buffs up Radic with Bull's Strength and such, as Radic does the same to herself. Then Radic climbs up really high, jumps, and Wild Shapes into a Dire Bear. Then go nuts. But Janine was out of buff spells, so...

Plan C: Radic uses whatever buff spells she can on herself, then try to climb that tree and hope for the best. Thankfully, it worked.

ShinyDelusion
2010-01-17, 11:47 PM
Okay. (Discussion continued from Crack Pairings Thread) So what is the significance of Plan C, Coffee?

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-17, 11:48 PM
See the edited post above you. :smallbiggrin:

ShinyDelusion
2010-01-17, 11:50 PM
See the edited post above you. :smallbiggrin:

Ah. There we are. I now shall retreat to the Crack Pairings Thread since I already gave you kudos on a strip well done today.

Mystic Muse
2010-01-17, 11:53 PM
I know. Next comic.

Other than that, did you like?

nope. not at all. in fact this comic makes me hate all the other comics in the universe and I can never read any of them ever again it has poisoned my brain so much.:smalltongue:

I am of course joking.

The poison is certainly going to set them back.:smallamused:

Sstoopidtallkid
2010-01-18, 12:26 AM
The poison is certainly going to set them back.:smallamused:They have a Cleric. It'll be fine tomorrow.

Also, that's far too much planning for a Druid. Let me walk you through the plans of every Druid I've played above level 5.
Plan A: Turn into a Bear(in a pinch, a Tiger, Dinosaur, or Rhino works). Have a pet bear(or tiger or dinosaur). Charge the thing together and turn it into steak.
Plan B: Summon 1 or more bears. Goto A.
Plan C: Summon 1 or more bears. Cast a mass buff spell. Goto A.

Falling damage just isn't worth the action most of the time, since both of you take it and monsters have lots of HP.

That said, liking it. Monstrous Spiders are...fun...encounters. And that last panel has fun Radic/Spider implications. :smallamused:

Mystic Muse
2010-01-18, 12:30 AM
They have a Cleric. It'll be fine tomorrow.

depends on how the rules work. If she follows D&D rules then yes he'll be fine tomorrow.

If she decides to go real world They are in trouble.

ShippoWildheart
2010-01-18, 12:33 AM
Hehe, behold, the RAWRbomb! :tongue:

nope. not at all. in fact this comic makes me hate all the other comics in the universe and I can never read any of them ever again it has poisoned my brain so much.:smalltongue:

I am of course joking.

The poison is certainly going to set them back.:smallamused:

The druid and cleric can prepare loads of Lesser Restorations and Neutralize Poisons. They'll be fine. :smallsmile: Of course, summoning Charlie the Unicorn if the druid has any level 4 or higher spells left works too.

Asta Kask
2010-01-18, 03:05 AM
Yeah, I realized when doing this comic that the text is starting to get a bit small; I'll try doing larger text next time.

In any case...New comic! NOW! :smallbiggrin:

This should be interesting. Drawing fight scenes and making them look dynamic is hard, but you're doing fine. And my old eyes are hurting from reading the text, so yeah. Bigger text. But I have confidence in you.

P.S. Can I get a Lloyd avatar? D.S.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-18, 07:17 AM
They have a Cleric. It'll be fine tomorrow.

Also, that's far too much planning for a Druid. Let me walk you through the plans of every Druid I've played above level 5.
Plan A: Turn into a Bear(in a pinch, a Tiger, Dinosaur, or Rhino works). Have a pet bear(or tiger or dinosaur). Charge the thing together and turn it into steak.
Plan B: Summon 1 or more bears. Goto A.
Plan C: Summon 1 or more bears. Cast a mass buff spell. Goto A.

Falling damage just isn't worth the action most of the time, since both of you take it and monsters have lots of HP.

Yes, but having a Dire Bear drop out of the sky is just cool.

Radic likes to be somewhat flashy; she's a bit of a show-off.

Okay. Dunno if I can get the proportions right though...

Sstoopidtallkid
2010-01-18, 10:18 AM

Radic likes to be somewhat flashy; she's a bit of a show-off.She can flash all she wants, though I would have pictured Janine as more the type.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-18, 11:48 AM
Since Asta Kask requested it...

Here you go!
http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac294/caffeineincluded/Lloydavatar.png
Direct Link: http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac294/caffeineincluded/Lloydavatar.png

I'll make avatars of the other characters later. If you have any special requests, just ask!

Aaron
2010-01-18, 03:20 PM

Radic likes to be somewhat flashy; she's a bit of a show-off.

Great comic Coffee! :smallsmile: I always love it when a fight goes:
"three...
two...
one...
*kwathump*" :smallamused:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-20, 10:50 PM
Great comic Coffee! :smallsmile: I always love it when a fight goes:
"three...
two...
one...
*kwathump*" :smallamused:

Thank you!

Next comic is this weekend.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-22, 03:25 PM
Hey guys, while you're waiting for me to update (Later tonight), I've got a crack pairing that Discord wrote and wanted me to post!

===

"YEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!"

Lloyd looked up from the halberd he was polishing to eye suspiciously the party's rogue, Matt. Matt being happy never boded anything good, though thankfully usually more for himself than for the rest of the party since the universe seemed to have taken a level of ranger and chosen Favored Enemy (Matt). Not that he could blame it, really. When you were dressing as tastelessly as he did, you were certainly asking for it. And that was without considering his absurd strand of cyan hair. Astrid, was that thing ridiculous. But at least it scared goblins away.

"What makes you so happy?"

"I finally managed to talk Radic into wearing a bikini!" the rogue replied triumphantly.

Lloyd stared at him for a few seconds before refocusing on his weapon. "Yeah right."

"That's true!"

"And how, exactly, did you manage to convince her?" asked a skeptical paladin.

"Nothing but sheer charisma, ye faithless."

-

Twenty minutes ago.

"Pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepl easepleasepleasepleaseplease!"

"Okay, okay, I'll put on that goddamn bikini! Just get off me now, you freak!"

-

"I see."

"Did someone say "Radic" and "bikini" in the same sentence?" asked the resident nymphomaniac as she walked towards them.

"Yeah! Isn't it awesome?"

"It is! I never managed to make her wear anything revealing!"

Lloyd rolled his eyes skywards and prayed Astrid to grant him the strength to not strangle anyone.

"Guys?" The trio turned around to see Radic's blushing head sticking out from behind a tree. "Please don't laugh," she said as she walked into view, wearing a dark green bikini.

Matt bore a huge smile going from ear to ear that swiftly disappeared to be replaced by a look of pure horror when his eyes drifted down to her waist.

"I don't think that's supposed to be there," commented Lloyd.

"Oh, Radic," said Janine as she licked her lips. "I had no idea you combined the best of both worlds..."

As Matt dropped to his knees to scream a ground-shattering "NOOOOOO!" and Janine remorselessly jumped her friend to kiss and grope her, Lloyd walked away, muttering something along the lines of "Astrid sent them to try me..."

I've had Lloyd diss Matt's looks because I figured that if I tortured him, I better do it all the way. :smalltongue:

Silverraptor
2010-01-22, 11:46 PM
*Checks clock*

It's later tonight and no comic?:smallamused:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-23, 12:39 AM
New comic time!

#14: Roll A Fort Save
http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac294/caffeineincluded/RollAFortSavepng.png

Thoughts? Comments?

Asta Kask
2010-01-23, 03:03 AM
In Sweden, if you kill a spider it's going to rain. They're up for the mother of all flash floods here...

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-23, 07:20 AM
In Sweden, if you kill a spider it's going to rain. They're up for the mother of all flash floods here...

...Whoops. :smalleek:

Asta Kask
2010-01-23, 07:29 AM
Oh, and meeting a spider in the morning means sorrow. I fear for Matt.

Edit: And singing before breakfast means crying before nightfall. So no singing in the shower (unless you've eaten first.)

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-23, 07:36 AM
Oh, and meeting a spider in the morning means sorrow. I fear for Matt.

Edit: And singing before breakfast means crying before nightfall. So no singing in the shower (unless you've eaten first.)

Please. The universe took a level of Ranger and chose Favored Enemy (Matt).

Did you enjoy this comic?

Asta Kask
2010-01-23, 07:44 AM
Yeah, although the composition made it a little hard to follow. Also, what did Remus do to help, except take Matt's feet and place them on his head?

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-23, 07:51 AM
Yeah, although the composition made it a little hard to follow. Also, what did Remus do to help, except take Matt's feet and place them on his head?

<Remus, Rescue!>

Radic told Remus to get Matt out of battle. Unfortunately, the way Remus dragged Matt out of the battlefield...

Is this one easier to read?

Asta Kask
2010-01-23, 07:55 AM
Definitely. The new text size works much better for me.I wonder what the other readers think.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-23, 07:56 AM
Definitely. The new text size works much better for me.I wonder what the other readers think.

It's the same size; I shrunk the comic a bit.

Roll a fort save: The bane of rogues everywhere.

Asta Kask
2010-01-23, 08:15 AM
Please. The universe took a level of Ranger and chose Favored Enemy (Matt).

Since I'm starting up a GURPS campaign, I like to think of it more as not reading the fine print on Cursed:

Like Unluckiness, but worse. When anything goes wrong for your party, it happens to you, first and worst. If something goes right, it misses you. Any time the GM feels like hosing you, he can, and you have no complaint coming, because you are Cursed. You can't buy this off just by spending points - you must determine what has cursed you and deal with it, and then spend the points.

None of my players were stupid enough to take it.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-23, 08:20 AM
Since I'm starting up a GURPS campaign, I like to think of it more as not reading the fine print on Cursed:

None of my players were stupid enough to take it.

*Laughs*

Wow.

It's more like the universe gets a kick out of messing with him.

Dark Faun
2010-01-23, 08:27 AM
That's because he makes it so easy. He'll become a woobie, mark my words. :smalltongue:

Nice update.

And here's the logical conclusion to the fic. :smallamused:

http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/vv331/Discordd/OotS/Murphys%20Law/RadicxJanine1.png

Zanaril
2010-01-23, 09:00 AM
Nice comic, it's very dramatic. I especially the first panel.

And here's the logical conclusion to the fic.

That's not logical! THAT'S NOT LOGICAL AT ALL!!!

Possible yes, but...

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-23, 09:03 AM
Nice comic, it's very dramatic. I especially the first panel.

That's not logical! THAT'S NOT LOGICAL AT ALL!!!

Possible yes, but...

Did you see the story that she wrote (And I posted?)

Thank you! That first panel took me a really long time to do.

Zanaril
2010-01-23, 09:08 AM
Did you see the story that she wrote (And I posted?)

Thank you! That first panel took me a really long time to do.

I saw the story. I still stand by what I said.

And out of interest, how does it feel to have people use your characters as outlets for odd fetishes? :smalltongue:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-23, 09:09 AM
I saw the story. I still stand by what I said.

And out of interest, how does it feel to have people use your characters as outlets for odd fetishes? :smalltongue:

Who's a major contributor to the Crack Pairings Thread? :smalltongue:

Asta Kask
2010-01-23, 09:12 AM
What weapon is Janine using? Is it a short sword? A broadsword? A longsword?

Zanaril
2010-01-23, 09:14 AM
Who's a major contributor to the Crack Pairings Thread? :smalltongue:

I just want to know what it feels like to be on the other end.

... That is, having a group of rabid fans write crack pairings about your characters, rather than being a rabid fan and doing the writing.

Looks like a dagger. Although that might not be her preferred weapon size.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-23, 09:19 AM

It's a +1 longsword. (Is a +1 weapon appropriate for a level 9 character?)

I just want to know what it feels like to be on the other end.

... That is, having a group of rabid fans write crack pairings about your characters, rather than being a rabid fan and doing the writing.

I'm having fun with it.

Looks like a dagger. Although that might not be her preferred weapon size.

No, the weapons hanging off of Matt's belt are daggers.

That may be, but she's only a little over 5'3". She can only handle so large a weapon safely. A greatsword might be a bit too much for her, no matter how much she may want to use it. :smalltongue:

Asta Kask
2010-01-23, 09:30 AM
It's a +1 longsword. (Is a +1 weapon appropriate for a level 9 character?)

Depends on if she is primarily a melee fighter or a spellcaster. If she plans on wadin into melee every fight then I'd give her something with more 'oomph'. Make it 'Holy' - that should be more than enough:

Holy
A holy weapon is imbued with holy power. This power makes the weapon good-aligned and thus bypasses the corresponding damage reduction. It deals an extra 2d6 points of damage against all of evil alignment.

However, a historical nitpick. Longswords were typically between 41 and 47 inches in size. If she's 5'3"... she can certainly wield it, that's just strength. But the scale is a bit off in the pictures. It is at minimum 65% of her length... :smallsmile: (not that it really matters, but just FYI.)

I'm thinking about statting them for GURPS, which tells you more about their personality than the D&D statblock. Have I your permission.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-23, 09:33 AM
Depends on if she is primarily a melee fighter or a spellcaster. If she plans on wadin into melee every fight then I'd give her something with more 'oomph'. Make it 'Holy' - that should be more than enough:

However, a historical nitpick. Longswords were typically between 41 and 47 inches in size. If she's 5'3"... she can certainly wield it, that's just strength. But the scale is a bit off in the pictures. It is at minimum 65% of her length... :smallsmile: (not that it really matters, but just FYI.)

I'm thinking about statting them for GURPS, which tells you more about their personality than the D&D statblock. Have I your permission.
Janine does both.

What does bypassing DR mean, exactly?

It's specially made. :smalltongue:

Of course! Just don't forget about posting it here! (What is GURPS? :smalltongue:)

Asta Kask
2010-01-23, 09:52 AM
Janine does both.

What does bypassing DR mean, exactly?

Some monsters have DR - this means that all weapon damage they take is lessened by a certain amount. So if they have DR 5 they take 5 less damage per attack from weapons (but not spells). Until you go epic, they generally don't go beyond DR 15.

Now, most DR comes with something that bypasses it. For instance, werewolves have DR 5/silver (IIRC). This means that if the weapon is not made of silver, they take 5 less damage. If the weapon is made of silver, they take normal damage.

Many evil creatures - demons, for example - have DR which is bypassed by 'good' aligned weapons. Holy weapons are automatically 'good' (and Unholy weapons are automatically 'evil'), but there are also paladin and cleric spells that can make weapons 'good'.

It's specially made. :smalltongue:

Of course! Just don't forget about posting it here! (What is GURPS? :smalltongue:)

It's not that important. Roy technically wields a greatsword, but his weapon as drawn is more in the longsword range. A greatsword was between 5' and 6'!

GURPS (http://www.sjgames.com/GURPS/) is the Generic Universal RolePlaying System, designed to be adaptable to any place, any time, any background... It is quite different from D&D - it is not class or level-based, but point-based (a normal character is 25-50 points; a beginning adventurer somewhere near 150 points; the Murphy's Law crew are probably about 500 points; OotS are closer to 750-800 points; Xykon is probably near 1200-1500 points). It is also extremely modular, so you can run an insanely detailed campaign or a very rules-light campaign and the system works for both. And I like it, in case you hadn't noticed. :smallbiggrin:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-23, 09:54 AM
Some monsters have DR - this means that all weapon damage they take is lessened by a certain amount. So if they have DR 5 they take 5 less damage per attack from weapons (but not spells). Until you go epic, they generally don't go beyond DR 15.

Now, most DR comes with something that bypasses it. For instance, werewolves have DR 5/silver (IIRC). This means that if the weapon is not made of silver, they take 5 less damage. If the weapon is made of silver, they take normal damage.

Many evil creatures - demons, for example - have DR which is bypassed by 'good' aligned weapons. Holy weapons are automatically 'good' (and Unholy weapons are automatically 'evil'), but there are also paladin and cleric spells that can make weapons 'good'.

Thank you. Yeah, she probably would have that. Devoted cleric and all.

It's not that important. Roy technically wields a greatsword, but his weapon as drawn is more in the longsword range. A greatsword was between 5' and 6'!

That too. It would be too unwieldy for me to draw.

GURPS (http://www.sjgames.com/GURPS/) is the Generic Universal RolePlaying System, designed to be adaptable to any place, any time, any background... It is quite different from D&D - it is not class or level-based, but point-based (a normal character is 25-50 points; a beginning adventurer somewhere near 150 points; the Murphy's Law crew are probably about 500 points; OotS are closer to 750-800 points; Xykon is probably near 1200-1500 points). It is also extremely modular, so you can run an insanely detailed campaign or a very rules-light campaign and the system works for both. And I like it, in case you hadn't noticed. :smallbiggrin:

Ah, cool! I'd love to see it.

Asta Kask
2010-01-23, 10:10 AM
That too. It would be too unwieldy for me to draw.

I'm just amazed that there were swords that were that big. I'm 6', and to think that there were swords that, if balanced on one end, would be about as tall as me is... wow.

Apparently the biggest Zweihänder (german greatsword) on display is 213 cm, or 7'. It weighs 6.6 kg (14.5 lbs.), which doesn't seem like that much until you realize the guy had to swing it for the hours that the battle lasted. Muchos musclos.

Edit: I'm guessing no more updates until next weekend? :smallfrown:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-23, 10:13 AM
I'm just amazed that there were swords that were that big. I'm 6', and to think that there were swords that, if balanced on one end, would be about as tall as me is... wow.

Apparently the biggest Zweihänder (german greatsword) on display is 213 cm, or 7'. It weighs 6.6 kg (14.5 lbs.), which doesn't seem like that much until you realize the guy had to swing it for the hours that the battle lasted. Muchos musclos.

Edit: I'm guessing no more updates until next weekend? :smallfrown:

...I'm 5'2". *Whimpers*

I have three midterms and a Latin test next week.

Asta Kask
2010-01-23, 10:34 AM

Didn't you just have a Latin test? Do you have to do it again, or what?

Not to mention a crack pairing and a boy to seduce. But look on the bright side - at least we want updates.

Anyway, this is what caffeine is for. Sleep? Pah!

(Just out of professional curiosity - does caffeine affect your ADHD, and how?)

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-23, 10:37 AM
Didn't you just have a Latin test? Do you have to do it again, or what?

Not to mention a crack pairing and a boy to seduce. But look on the bright side - at least we want updates.

Anyway, this is what caffeine is for. Sleep? Pah!

(Just out of professional curiosity - does caffeine affect your ADHD, and how?)

Yes. Unfortunately. :smallfrown:

I wouldn't say seduce... (And if I wanted to do the scary-movie thing, it would have to be at his house, because the dog would intervene.)

But I like sleep! And I'm a morning person.

I've only had weak coffee, and only when I stay up past midnight. I'm too scared to try the strong stuff. No, let me clarify. Everyone else is too scared of my trying the strong stuff.

Asta Kask
2010-01-23, 10:42 AM
I wouldn't say seduce... (And if I wanted to do the scary-movie thing, it would have to be at his house, because the dog would intervene.)

Ok... be seduced by. A woman friend of mine once said that it was a lot of work to get the right boy to seduce her. Is it a big dog, or can it be ignored?

I've only had weak coffee, and only when I stay up past midnight. I'm too scared to try the strong stuff. No, let me clarify. Everyone else is too scared of my trying the strong stuff.

Hmm... theoretically it should improve your condition, much like the medicine. But there's many a slip between theory and clinical practice (although I looked it up at pubmed (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/) and there are animal studies going on. The results look promising.)

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-23, 10:45 AM
Ok... be seduced by. A woman friend of mine once said that it was a lot of work to get the right boy to seduce her. Is it a big dog, or can it be ignored?

She's a German shepard/Border collie mix.

Hmm... theoretically it should improve your condition, much like the medicine. But there's many a slip between theory and clinical practice (although I looked it up at pubmed (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/) and there are animal studies going on. The results look promising.)

Eh, my medicine works fine. Thanks though.

Asta Kask
2010-01-23, 10:57 AM
Eh, my medicine works fine. Thanks though.

Yeah, I was thinking out loud. I tend to do that.

I'd need some notes on the personalities of the Fearsome Four, beyond what we have seen. Can you PM me - not much, just a few lines per character.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-23, 11:02 AM
Yeah, I was thinking out loud. I tend to do that.

I'd need some notes on the personalities of the Fearsome Four, beyond what we have seen. Can you PM me - not much, just a few lines per character.

I would, but it would reveal spoilers, especially for Janine and Lloyd.

Asta Kask
2010-01-23, 11:05 AM
I'll just have to guess, then. No worries, but it will take a few weeks.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-23, 11:11 AM
I'll just have to guess, then. No worries, but it will take a few weeks.

Okay. Thanks!

Silverraptor
2010-01-23, 03:00 PM
Okay. I think this conversation should be taken to pm's.:smallsigh:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-23, 03:01 PM
It was on-topic! He's making a GURPS statsheet of the characters and I got valuable information!

Did you like this comic?

Silverraptor
2010-01-23, 03:08 PM
Of course I liked it! It's alot more detailed than my comic.

But as a rule of thumb, if you find yourself posting back and forth with another member and it's over 12 posts long, maybe switch it to pm and then summerize it back here when your done.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-23, 03:13 PM
Of course I liked it! It's alot more detailed than my comic.

But as a rule of thumb, if you find yourself posting back and forth with another member and it's over 12 posts long, maybe switch it to pm and then summerize it back here when your done.

Okay. I've got an interesting idea. I'll PM you. :smalltongue:

Aaron
2010-01-23, 05:36 PM
Ahh, poor Matt. :smallbiggrin::smallwink:

...I'm 5'2". *Whimpers*

We could use the stretcher machine*.

*Pain not included.:smalltongue:

Ouch! Well, I wish you good luck. :smallsmile:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-23, 05:47 PM
Ahh, poor Matt. :smallbiggrin::smallwink:

We could use the stretcher machine*.

*Pain not included.:smalltongue:

But isn't it fun? :smalltongue:

...I'll pass. :smalleek:

Aaron
2010-01-23, 06:34 PM
But isn't it fun? :smalltongue:

Its very fun! :smallbiggrin::smalltongue:

...I'll pass. :smalleek:

*Rolls a large machine into the room*

O...ok then...:smallannoyed::smallsigh:

*pulls machine back out of the room* :smalltongue:

Asta Kask
2010-01-23, 10:43 PM
Why does the Police want Janine on the force?

Because she always gets her man.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-23, 10:55 PM
Why does the Police want Janine on the force?

Because she always gets her man.

And if it's a woman? :smalltongue:

...What time is it in Sweden?

Asta Kask
2010-01-24, 08:58 AM
It was very early in the morning. I have a bad cold, and that always screws up my sleep cycle.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-24, 08:59 AM
It was very early in the morning. I have a bad cold, and that always screws up my sleep cycle.

Ach, hope you get better soon.
Chicken soup?

Asta Kask
2010-01-24, 09:11 AM
It will pass. What really bugs me is that is forced me to postpone the start of my Classical Greek-style GURPS campaign for two weeks. But, what happens happens.

Ah, well. Does Radic worship nature as a whole or a specific nature god (both are options for druids in D&D)? If she worships a nature god, what is his/her's name?

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-24, 09:14 AM
It will pass. What really bugs me is that is forced me to postpone the start of my Classical Greek-style GURPS campaign for two weeks. But, what happens happens.

Ah, well. Does Radic worship nature as a whole or a specific nature god (both are options for druids in D&D)? If she worships a nature god, what is his/her's name?

Radic doesn't really worship, per se; she respects and reveres nature.

If Radic lived on the Southern Islands instead of the Western Continent, where this story takes place, then she would have worshiped the Island Gods. But she doesn't.

Janine and Lloyd, they worship. Especially Janine, since she's a cleric. Funny story behind that, actually. :smalltongue:

Sereg
2010-01-25, 10:11 AM
Hey guys, while you're waiting for me to update (Later tonight), I've got a crack pairing that Discord wrote and wanted me to post!

===

"YEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!"

Lloyd looked up from the halberd he was polishing to eye suspiciously the party's rogue, Matt. Matt being happy never boded anything good, though thankfully usually more for himself than for the rest of the party since the universe seemed to have taken a level of ranger and chosen Favored Enemy (Matt). Not that he could blame it, really. When you were dressing as tastelessly as he did, you were certainly asking for it. And that was without considering his absurd strand of cyan hair. Astrid, was that thing ridiculous. But at least it scared goblins away.

"What makes you so happy?"

"I finally managed to talk Radic into wearing a bikini!" the rogue replied triumphantly.

Lloyd stared at him for a few seconds before refocusing on his weapon. "Yeah right."

"That's true!"

"And how, exactly, did you manage to convince her?" asked a skeptical paladin.

"Nothing but sheer charisma, ye faithless."

-

Twenty minutes ago.

"Pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepl easepleasepleasepleaseplease!"

"Okay, okay, I'll put on that goddamn bikini! Just get off me now, you freak!"

-

"I see."

"Did someone say "Radic" and "bikini" in the same sentence?" asked the resident nymphomaniac as she walked towards them.

"Yeah! Isn't it awesome?"

"It is! I never managed to make her wear anything revealing!"

Lloyd rolled his eyes skywards and prayed Astrid to grant him the strength to not strangle anyone.

"Guys?" The trio turned around to see Radic's blushing head sticking out from behind a tree. "Please don't laugh," she said as she walked into view, wearing a dark green bikini.

Matt bore a huge smile going from ear to ear that swiftly disappeared to be replaced by a look of pure horror when his eyes drifted down to her waist.

"I don't think that's supposed to be there," commented Lloyd.

"Oh, Radic," said Janine as she licked her lips. "I had no idea you combined the best of both worlds..."

As Matt dropped to his knees to scream a ground-shattering "NOOOOOO!" and Janine remorselessly jumped her friend to kiss and grope her, Lloyd walked away, muttering something along the lines of "Astrid sent them to try me..."

I've had Lloyd diss Matt's looks because I figured that if I tortured him, I better do it all the way. :smalltongue:

This actually squicked me out as much as some of the most horrifying stuff on the Crack Pairings Thread.

Asta Kask
2010-01-25, 02:10 PM
And if it's a woman? :smalltongue:

Any fanservice you wish to include involving Radic and Janine will be appreciated.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-25, 03:05 PM
Any fanservice you wish to include involving Radic and Janine will be appreciated.

Oh, you'll love Comic 17 then. :smallwink:

Evil Mustache
2010-01-25, 04:51 PM
I love this comic now! I fit it into my normal comic schedule now! :smallsmile: Yes I'm that type of nerd.

But I can't wait to see a plot develop or a main villain introduced to it. (if you're going to do that)

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-25, 06:33 PM
I love this comic now! I fit it into my normal comic schedule now! :smallsmile: Yes I'm that type of nerd.

But I can't wait to see a plot develop or a main villain introduced to it. (if you're going to do that)

Wow, thanks!

Oh yes, there will be.

Asta Kask
2010-01-26, 07:13 AM

That fanservice woman from #1? Just foreshadowing... :smallsmile:

(Actually, dress her up in black leather and give her a whip and she could be a perfect villain for a... certain kind of comic.)

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-26, 08:02 AM
That fanservice woman from #1? Just foreshadowing... :smallsmile:

(Actually, dress her up in black leather and give her a whip and she could be a perfect villain for a... certain kind of comic.)

Huh? :smallconfused:

Asta Kask
2010-01-26, 10:11 AM
She could become the main villain... :smallbiggrin:

How did the Physics test go? Or do you not want to talk about it?

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-26, 10:12 AM
She could become the main villain... :smallbiggrin:

How did the Physics test go? Or do you not want to talk about it?

It's in an hour. :smalleek: I'm still at home, last minute studying.

Asta Kask
2010-01-26, 10:29 AM
It's in an hour. :smalleek: I'm still at home, last minute studying.

But is your problem really that you don't know enough, or is it that you panic?

Because if it's the later you'd probably do better taking the dog for a long walk.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-26, 10:30 AM
But is your problem really that you don't know enough, or is it that you panic?

Because if it's the later you'd probably do better taking the dog for a long walk.

I get nervous and can't keep the formulas in my head.

And I'm going to try to update tomorrow.

Fun Fact #1: I have several notes on all the major characters, both the ones you've seen and the ones yet to be introduced. I also have most of the plot planned out already.

Fun Fact #2: I've done a rough sketch of the entire world that this is set on, and a detailed map of the continent this is set on, including major geographic features, basic government structures, demographics and population distribution, and the basic tenets of Janine and Lloyd's religion.

You can't say I haven't thought this through.

Asta Kask
2010-01-28, 03:52 PM
I wonder if Janine has a hot pocket of her own that she'd like Lloyd to eat...

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-28, 03:55 PM
I wonder if Janine has a hot pocket of her own that she'd like Lloyd to eat...

Perhaps, perhaps. :smallamused:

Some of these panels I'm working on right now are gonna be a bit tricky to do...

Nathander
2010-01-28, 05:44 PM
Sorry it's been so long since I've commented, but I'm having trouble juggling schoolwork and getting on the forums with anything that could be considered consistency.

That being said, I've enjoyed the last two comics immensely. I think you caught the dynamics of a fight scene very well, and it helps that you showed Radic and Janine clearly knew how to behave in a fight with one another. I also adored the last panel of #14 with Matt.

I don't want to sound rude, but I have one minor nitpick about #14. In the second to last panel, Lloyd asks where Matt is, and after he does so, Radic points out where Remus is (which, in the next panel, is where we also see Matt). Yet after both of these, Janine also asks where Matt is. Perhaps I'm reading it wrong, but that seemed slightly redundant to me. It hardly hurts the comic, I'm just pointing that out.

Anyway, keep up the good work.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-28, 05:53 PM
Sorry it's been so long since I've commented, but I'm having trouble juggling schoolwork and getting on the forums with anything that could be considered consistency.

That being said, I've enjoyed the last two comics immensely. I think you caught the dynamics of a fight scene very well, and it helps that you showed Radic and Janine clearly knew how to behave in a fight with one another. I also adored the last panel of #14 with Matt.

I don't want to sound rude, but I have one minor nitpick about #14. In the second to last panel, Lloyd asks where Matt is, and after he does so, Radic points out where Remus is (which, in the next panel, is where we also see Matt). Yet after both of these, Janine also asks where Matt is. Perhaps I'm reading it wrong, but that seemed slightly redundant to me. It hardly hurts the comic, I'm just pointing that out.

Anyway, keep up the good work.

Thank you!

In #14, Janine has just caught up the the rest and only caught a bit of the conversation. That's why she asked.

And, without further ado, NEW COMIC TIME!

#15: Avenue J:
http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac294/caffeineincluded/AvenueJ.png

As always, questions, comments, and thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Silverraptor
2010-01-28, 06:00 PM
Excellent character interaction!:smallbiggrin: I Laughed!:smallbiggrin:

Zanaril
2010-01-28, 06:03 PM
He was secretly hopeful in that fith panel. Don't deny it.

"Besides, it's not nearly as fun when the other guy can't even move."

She knows this from experience, I bet.

...And what does she mean 'the other guy'? :smalleek:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-28, 06:21 PM
Excellent character interaction!:smallbiggrin: I Laughed!:smallbiggrin:

Thank you! :smallbiggrin:

She knows this from experience, I bet.

...And what does she mean 'the other guy'?

Probably. :smallamused:

"The other guy" is whoever she's sleeping with at the time.

Aaron
2010-01-28, 07:00 PM
Bwahahahah!!!!!! :smallbiggrin:

"I will beat you with your femur."

I loved it! Too funny. Great comic Coffee! :smallbiggrin::smallsmile:

Hmm...doesn't this scenario seem familiar. :smallwink::smalltongue:

Evil Mustache
2010-01-28, 10:22 PM
Oh my gosh!!! The song she was singing was from Avenue Q!

It's Schadenfreude! I think that's how you spell it! But.... horray!!!:smallbiggrin:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-28, 10:23 PM
Oh my gosh!!! The song she was singing was from Avenue Q!

It's Schadenfreude! I think that's how you spell it! But.... horray!!!:smallbiggrin:

You got it! *Gives cookie*

And of course, the title of this one is Avenue J. :smallamused:

What else did you like about this one?
(I'm really miffed over the little typoes I did here. :smallannoyed:)

Evil Mustache
2010-01-28, 11:00 PM
Yay! I got it right! *devours cookie*

Yes I noticed it was Avenue J right after I posted so I smacked myself for not getting it before I even read it.

It also kind of reminds me of the Oots comic when Roy was poisoned and Belker and Elan wrote all over him. Except this is with singing.:smallamused:

Can't wait to see the plot develop. It'll be fantastic I know it! I have two levels in Premonition.:smallbiggrin:

Silverraptor
2010-01-29, 01:17 AM
I see. So there's a song called Avenue Q. First time I ever heard of it.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-29, 07:08 AM
I see. So there's a song called Avenue Q. First time I ever heard of it.

No, there's a musical called Avenue Q.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avenue_Q

Dark Faun
2010-01-29, 12:11 PM
Aw, but I wanted Janine to comfort Matt. :smallfrown:

Good comic nonetheless. :smallwink:

"The other guy" is whoever she's sleeping with at the time.
I think what Zanaril meant "the other guy" implied there were two guys, which means one of two things: a threesome with two guys (not unlikely), or Janine is a guy (slightly less likely). :smallamused:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-29, 12:19 PM
Aw, but I wanted Janine to comfort Matt. :smallfrown:

But it's only #15!

...Wait until #17. :smallamused:

I think what Zanaril meant "the other guy" implied there were two guys, which means one of two things: a threesome with two guys (not unlikely), or Janine is a guy (slightly less likely). :smallamused:

This is Janine we're talking about. :smallamused:

Zanaril
2010-01-29, 12:21 PM

What can I say; I was forcefully reminded of your recent crackfic.

If both of them were male that would really make the preggers picture illogical.

So if it's option 1, and Matt is the other guy, who else is participating?

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-29, 12:23 PM

If both of them were male that would really make the preggers picture illogical.

Gaagh! Oh God!

No, both Janine and Radic are girls. :smalltongue:

Zanaril
2010-01-29, 12:25 PM

But now I'll always have this nagging doubt... :smalltongue:

Dark Faun
2010-01-29, 12:29 PM
But it's only #15!

...Wait until #17. :smallamused:
Which reminds me I like Radic/Janine as well... :smallamused:

Exactly. I'm sure she knows intimately every male of her homeland. :smallwink:

Gaagh! Oh God!

I've created a monster. :smalltongue:

If Matt is the other guy, who else is participating?
Radi-I mean, Lloyd. :smallwink:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-29, 12:30 PM

Allow me to put all doubt to rest:

Word Of Coffee: Both Radic and Janine are female. :smalltongue:

Of course, that doesn't hurt crack-pairing potential in any way at all. :smallwink:

Which reminds me I like Radic/Janine as well... :smallamused:

Then go nuts!

Fun Fact: Janine was born in Laria, the second-most populous country on the Western Continent. :smallamused:

Radi-I mean, Lloyd. :smallwink:

Remember I said that crack pairings are A-Okay? :smallbiggrin:

Silverraptor
2010-01-29, 02:16 PM
Huh, boy. Complete Chaos.:smallamused:

Sstoopidtallkid
2010-01-29, 03:17 PM
Just because WoC is that Janine is female, doesn't mean my next fic of your comic will have hir as female.

Also, you make no mention of either Matt, Lloyd, or Remus' sex, so I assume they're still up in the air.

And Discord, I thought the same thing, so it's not all your fault.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-29, 03:20 PM
Just because WoC is that Janine is female, doesn't mean my next fic of your comic will have hir as female.

Also, you make no mention of either Matt, Lloyd, or Remus' sex, so I assume they're still up in the air.

And Discord, I thought the same thing, so it's not all your fault.

You know, it's not like they're elves. :smalltongue:

You can do whatever you want; that's what the Belt of Gender Changing is for! :smallwink:

Asta Kask
2010-01-29, 03:47 PM

She's collecting them? Get a whole set!

It's good to see that there are depths to which J will not stoop (plus, I think she has her eyes fixed on Lloyd anyway. This month, at least.)

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-29, 03:51 PM
She's collecting them? Get a whole set!

Janine: I like when I have more than one of a kind. :smalltongue:

It's good to see that there are depths to which J will not stoop (plus, I think she has her eyes fixed on Lloyd anyway. This month, at least.)

Janine: It's called Chaotic Good, you know. And I don't think it would be as much fun with a guy who's had his Strength score knocked down to 0.

Wow, she was about to flash Lloyd on-panel. :smalleek:

Dark Faun
2010-01-29, 03:56 PM
Allow me to put all doubt to rest:

Word Of Coffee: Both Radic and Janine are female. :smalltongue:
World Of Discord: The Sky's the Limit. :smallamused:

And I don't think it would be as much fun with a guy who's had his Strength score knocked down to 0.
Oh, I'm sure she can deal with that - without even needing a spell. :smallwink:

Radic was secretly disappointed when she didn't.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-29, 04:00 PM
Oh, I'm sure she can deal with that - without even needing a spell. :smallwink:

I presume it involves replacing Strength with Dexterity? :smallwink:

Asta Kask
2010-01-29, 04:01 PM
Next time, let it be the Masochism Tango. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TytGOeiW0aE)

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-29, 04:04 PM
Next time, let it be the Masochism Tango. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TytGOeiW0aE)

And this doesn't count how? (http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac294/caffeineincluded/DontWorryTheWeaselsAlright.png) :smalltongue:

Asta Kask
2010-01-29, 04:11 PM
So... is Matt and Radic going to be a pair? Or perhaps Matt and Lloyd? Inquiring minds will have to wait.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-29, 04:11 PM
So... is Matt and Radic going to be a pair? Or perhaps Matt and Lloyd? Inquiring minds will have to wait.

Matt/Weasel?

Dark Faun
2010-01-29, 04:14 PM
I'm thinking of Matt x Remus myself. Though the look on Janine's face when she finds Lloyd and Matt making out would be priceless. :smallamused:

So... is Matt and Radic going to be a pair?
I hope. :3

I presume it involves replacing Strength with Dexterity? :smallwink:
Exactly. :smallamused:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-29, 04:17 PM
I'm thinking of Matt x Remus myself. Though the look on Janine's face when she finds Lloyd throat deep in Matt would be priceless. :smallamused:

*Sighs in relief* Phew! I misread that at first!

Well, if you want to draw it, draw it! :smallbiggrin: You know I love crack pairings!

I hope. :3

Exactly. :smallamused:

Why, exactly?

Unfortunately, Radic's got a higher Dex score.

Janine's got more Strength, though. :smallamused:

Dark Faun
2010-01-29, 04:22 PM
*Sighs in relief* Phew! I misread that at first!
As "Remus x myself" I presume? :smalltongue:

Well, if you want to draw it, draw it! :smallbiggrin: You know I love crack pairings!
If I get the right inspiration...

Unfortunately, Radic's got a higher Dex score.
Higher than Matt's? :smallconfused:

Janine's got more Strength, though. :smallamused:
Forget Matt x Radic, give me Janine x Radic anyday. :smallamused:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-29, 04:26 PM
If I get the right inspiration...

Get it! Get it! :smallbiggrin:

Higher than Matt's? :smallconfused:

Matt's the party rogue. Radic's got a Dex score of around... 14-ish?

Forget Matt x Radic, give me Janine x Radic anyday. :smallamused:
:smallbiggrin:

Evil Mustache
2010-01-29, 11:04 PM
Oh dears gods. I leave for one day and the talk turns disturbing.

Whatever though! So I'd just love to see some of them... trying not to think of a perverted word... hook up. Perhaps a love triangle or square or a different shape. :smalltongue:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-29, 11:12 PM
Oh dears gods. I leave for one day and the talk turns disturbing.

Whatever though! So I'd just love to see some of them... trying not to think of a perverted word... hook up. Perhaps a love triangle or square or a different shape. :smalltongue:

We're inhabitants of the Crack Pairings Thread. :smalltongue:

Don't worry! I won't spoil anything, but your wish WILL be fulfilled!

I've actually got every major (And several minor) events of the comic planned out already. Backstories, geography, where the plot's going (And it's going to get good), everything.

Evil Mustache
2010-01-29, 11:37 PM
Don't worry! I won't spoil anything, but your wish WILL be fulfilled!

Eeee! Fangirl moment! :smallbiggrin: Yay. I can't wait to see it! A love.... shape!

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-29, 11:41 PM
Eeee! Fangirl moment! :smallbiggrin: Yay. I can't wait to see it! A love.... shape!

Love dodecahedron? :smalltongue:

Also, I've got the entire world constructed now. :smallbiggrin:

Well, most of it. All the important bits anyway.

Evil Mustache
2010-01-29, 11:43 PM
Love dodecahedron? :smalltongue:

Also, I've got the entire world constructed now. :smallbiggrin:

Well, most of it. All the important bits anyway.

Middle school math moment. I had to look up dodecahedron. :smallredface: Oh well!

Will we ever see a world map or will we just have to think it up ourselves? :smallconfused:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-29, 11:45 PM
Middle school math moment. I had to look up dodecahedron. :smallredface: Oh well!

Will we ever see a world map or will we just have to think it up ourselves? :smallconfused:

Of course you will! You honestly think I'd leave you hanging?

Evil Mustache
2010-01-29, 11:59 PM
Of course you will! You honestly think I'd leave you hanging?

Well... actually... I dunno... :smallfrown: Would you?

Just kidding! :smalltongue: Of course you wouldn't.

Silverraptor
2010-01-30, 03:11 AM
I've actually got every major (And several minor) events of the comic planned out already. Backstories, geography, where the plot's going (And it's going to get good), everything.

With my help of course.:smallamused:

Asta Kask
2010-01-30, 05:13 AM

She was? I feel so cheated!

Wait, I don't. It's not like it's hard to find pictures of boobs on the Internet. :smallsmile:

*wanders off*

What rules are you using? I'd recommend Paizo's Pathwalker version, which I think is superior to 'normal' 3.5.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-30, 07:38 AM
What rules are you using? I'd recommend Paizo's Pathwalker version, which I think is superior to 'normal' 3.5.

This is the only thing I have access to. (http://www.d20srd.org/index.htm) I'm not buying any books or anything.

And Silverraptor helped me out with making sure the rules fit and stuff.

Asta Kask
2010-01-30, 08:30 AM
That's 3.5. There's a few bugs that Paizo fixes, but if you're not going to play it's probably not worth it.

Evil Mustache
2010-01-30, 11:17 AM
I don't have any of the new books. :smallfrown:

However I got a book of D&D on eBay a year or two ago but in the foreword it says that it's not 3 and everyone can breath again so... I cannot be trusted with rules therefore I just was a post filling it up. :smallbiggrin:

However! I enjoy reading the rulebooks even if it doesn't assume to the rules of finite or infinite improbability.

This of course is impossible. :smallamused:

Asta Kask
2010-01-31, 05:54 AM
Matt/Weasel?

No, you can't trust weasels. They just wanna get in your pants - they never call back. And the weasel's already been there...

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-31, 07:26 AM
No, you can't trust weasels. They just wanna get in your pants - they never call back. And the weasel's already been there...

Geez, what kind of weasels have you been dealing with?

Asta Kask
2010-01-31, 07:45 AM
Will Weasel from the Tam Sventton books.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-31, 07:49 AM
Will Weasel from the Tam Sventton books.

Who's that?

Asta Kask
2010-01-31, 07:51 AM
Swedish Private Detective. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tam_Sventon)

His archnemesis is Will Weasel (my translation, I haven't read the english translation.)

BTW: How are things going with your man?

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-31, 07:55 AM
Swedish Private Detective. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tam_Sventon)

His archnemesis is Will Weasel (my translation, I haven't read the english translation.)

BTW: How are things going with your man?

Ah, I see.

Still hasn't answered. Believe me, you guys will know when he does.

Asta Kask
2010-01-31, 07:59 AM
You may want to get more proactive. He's probably still poleaxed that someone could like him in that manner, so get him while he's still unbalanced. :smallsmile:

Are there any good movies playing in the theatres of New York? I'd advice you to avoid Avatar, but that's just me.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-31, 08:03 AM
You may want to get more proactive. He's probably still poleaxed that someone could like him in that manner, so get him while he's still unbalanced. :smallsmile:

Are there any good movies playing in the theatres of New York? I'd advice you to avoid Avatar, but that's just me.

I'm actually watching him perform in a play this week.

*Checks notes of story* Funny. A lot of these plot ideas came from two-second flashes of something crazy awesome happening, and then I weaved a plot to fit them all together.

Asta Kask
2010-01-31, 08:17 AM
How far do you have planned ahead? I mean, detailed strips? And how far in general outline?

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-31, 08:22 AM
How far do you have planned ahead? I mean, detailed strips? And how far in general outline?

I've got pretty much the entire comic plot planned out, with minor specific details to be filled in later.

I've also got 95-100% of the characters, both major and minor, geography (Countries, geographical features, major ruins and so forth), basic culture, character backgrounds, and the basic tenets of Janine and Lloyd's religion.

Asta Kask
2010-01-31, 11:38 AM
I've also got 95-100% of the characters, both major and minor, geography (Countries, geographical features, major ruins and so forth), basic culture, character backgrounds, and the basic tenets of Janine and Lloyd's religion.

Will you publish your notes as well? Always interesting to see how the creative mind works.

Edit: And will there be a scene where Radic smears all members of the party with dung to smuggle them past some huge brute which is too strong to fight. ("Don't worry, he won't feel our scent with all this manure on us.")

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-31, 06:43 PM
Will you publish your notes as well? Always interesting to see how the creative mind works.

Edit: And will there be a scene where Radic smears all members of the party with dung to smuggle them past some huge brute which is too strong to fight. ("Don't worry, he won't feel our scent with all this manure on us.")

A lot of these scenes literally popped into my head. I think of the characters doing something crazy awesome, or some action that only that character would do, just random events and I write them down in my head, then on paper, then embellish them and weave them into the story.

And no. Radic would be too disgusted to do that. :smalltongue:

Aaron
2010-01-31, 07:08 PM
A lot of these scenes literally popped into my head. I think of the characters doing something crazy awesome, or some action that only that character would do, just random events and I write them down in my head, then on paper, then embellish them and weave them into the story.

Thats what helps make great stories. Good authors usually write down their ideas before they forget the details (or forget that idea altogether). They just take notes, and take more notes. It really helps. :smallsmile:

And no. Radic would be too disgusted to do that. :smalltongue:

Aww man. :smallfrown: I was really hoping Radic would actually do that. :smalltongue:

Evil Mustache
2010-01-31, 07:52 PM
How many comics do you plan on making? :smallconfused:

Not like I'd want it to end but... just asking.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-31, 09:02 PM
How many comics do you plan on making? :smallconfused:

Not like I'd want it to end but... just asking.

I'm actually not too sure on precisely how long the comic will last. Probably not as long as OOTS, but that's all I know right now.

I do know that the page count will go into the hundreds though.

Evil Mustache
2010-01-31, 10:55 PM
I'm actually not too sure on precisely how long the comic will last. Probably not as long as OOTS, but that's all I know right now.

I do know that the page count will go into the hundreds though.

Of course. Not as much as 700 comics. That'd be alot. ALOT.

Cool how it'll be more than hundred. :smallcool:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-31, 11:07 PM
Of course. Not as much as 700 comics. That'd be alot. ALOT.

Cool how it'll be more than hundred. :smallcool:

Damn, I'll be still writing this thing when I'm in college. :smalleek:

Aaron
2010-01-31, 11:10 PM
Damn, I'll be still writing this thing when I'm in college. :smalleek:

Don't worry. I'm sure Silverraptor can give you advice on how to work on a webcomic while in college. :smalltongue:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-01-31, 11:14 PM
Don't worry. I'm sure Silverraptor can give you advice on how to work on a webcomic while in college. :smalltongue:

But just so you know, maintaining at least a 3.8 GPA will be my main priority.

Aaron
2010-01-31, 11:34 PM

Well of coarse. "Work before play."

Asta Kask
2010-02-01, 06:49 AM

And maintaining at least one update a week will be our first priority. Just so you know where we have each other. If that mean no social life for you, well, that's just something we have to bear.

:eek:

What time is it in New York? 7 A.M.? Shouldn't you be telling your alarm bell to go do something unnameable to itself right now?

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-01, 07:02 AM
And maintaining at least one update a week will be our first priority. Just so you know where we have each other. If that mean no social life for you, well, that's just something we have to bear.

:eek:

What time is it in New York? 7 A.M.? Shouldn't you be telling your alarm bell to go do something unnameable to itself right now?

Yes, it is.

Why? I have to go to school in 5 minutes.

Silverraptor
2010-02-01, 10:21 AM

Wow. I didn't know that information was so public.:smalleek:

Asta Kask
2010-02-01, 11:17 AM
The Illuminati know everything.

Aaron
2010-02-01, 03:44 PM
Wow. I didn't know that information was so public.:smalleek:

You've talked about it before. You said several weeks ago to something I had said, "O, I'm sorry. This is something one tends to forget when in college. :smalltongue:"

You've also mentioned it other times, I think. :smallwink::smalltongue:

ClericOfBelker
2010-02-01, 04:25 PM
Great comic, Coffee!:smallbiggrin:

Silverraptor
2010-02-01, 09:12 PM
You've talked about it before. You said several weeks ago to something I had said, "O, I'm sorry. This is something one tends to forget when in college. :smalltongue:"

You've also mentioned it other times, I think. :smallwink::smalltongue:

Yes, but I didn't think that many people paid attention.:smallamused:

Aaron
2010-02-01, 09:37 PM
Yes, but I didn't think that many people paid attention.:smallamused:

Paying attention to what? :smalltongue:

Besides, its funny. "College, where you forget everything else." :smallamused:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-01, 10:30 PM
Grrgh. I had a map drawn but my scanner's broken.

Once I get the scanner fixed, I'll scan it in, brush it up, then post it.

Asta Kask
2010-02-03, 11:25 AM
Here's a little about medieval demographics (http://www.io.com/~sjohn/demog.htm), if you want to be more nitty-gritty.

Oh, and when is the next update? I hear the WAAAAmbulance is gearing up.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-03, 03:57 PM
Here's a little about medieval demographics (http://www.io.com/~sjohn/demog.htm), if you want to be more nitty-gritty.

Oh, and when is the next update? I hear the WAAAAmbulance is gearing up.

Hey, thanks!

Friday. It's always Friday.

Asta Kask
2010-02-03, 04:07 PM
There's tons of this stuff on the net, if you know where to look. If you want more information, just ask me or on the roleplaying forum.

Asta Kask
2010-02-05, 03:12 PM
I do understand if you haven't prepared an update for today, but if you have it would make me a happy puppy.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-05, 03:22 PM
I do understand if you haven't prepared an update for today, but if you have it would make me a happy puppy.

I'm working on it right now, but it won't be up until later.

Asta Kask
2010-02-05, 03:26 PM
Ok. I'll read it tomorrow because I'm off to bed.

*hugs*

You sound tired, and you have a big day tomorrow too. Don't stay up late.

Aaron
2010-02-05, 03:36 PM
I'm working on it right now, but it won't be up until later.

YAY!!! :smallbiggrin: *gets out party supplies*

Wait? If it made you a happy puppy, wouldn't your instinks be to chase your cat? :smalltongue:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-05, 09:31 PM
*Sigh* Well, this has been one of the worst weeks of my life. At least we have an update to make it better.

#16: Lloyd Zephyr Is Not A Morning Person
http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac294/caffeineincluded/LloydIsNotAMorningPerson.png

As always, questions, comments, thoughts, etc. are greatly appreciated!

Sstoopidtallkid
2010-02-05, 09:37 PM
Eh, not funny to me. The joke was broadly telegraphed, and the punchline was in panel 6.

Though now we might see a Lloyd/Janine bath scene. :smallbiggrin:

Herpestidae
2010-02-05, 10:31 PM
Meh, the covered in gunge joke doesn't really work for me. the last panel, though, was pretty funny in a snarky way.

I also liked Janine's comment in the first panel.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-05, 10:40 PM
Sstoopidtallkid: Sorry you didn't like it. You'll probably like the next comic though. :smallamused:

Meh, the covered in gunge joke doesn't really work for me. the last panel, though, was pretty funny in a snarky way.

I also liked Janine's comment in the first panel.

Yeah, but it was just sitting there, waiting to be done. Thanks though.

THEY'RE THE ONLY SANE ONES THERE. :smalleek:

Hooray, you got the continuity from the last comic! :smallbiggrin:

Sstoopidtallkid
2010-02-05, 10:55 PM
Word of advice: adventurers never do anything manually. Long poles to push things, Molotov cocktails to open wooden doors, and above all, summoned monsters to do anything vaguely dangerous or humiliating. Nothing like a cleric calling upon the forces of her God to condense the forces of Good into the shape of...a monkey. That is then used to put on a new helmet, just to check. And then explodes, justifying the use of the monkey.

Or maybe that's just my groups.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-05, 11:06 PM
Word of advice: adventurers never do anything manually. Long poles to push things, Molotov cocktails to open wooden doors, and above all, summoned monsters to do anything vaguely dangerous or humiliating. Nothing like a cleric calling upon the forces of her God to condense the forces of Good into the shape of...a monkey. That is then used to put on a new helmet, just to check. And then explodes, justifying the use of the monkey.

Or maybe that's just my groups.

Lloyd Zephyr is not a morning person. Do you think straight when you're tired? :smalltongue:

Also, it wouldn't make for as good a story for it to be the norm, you know?

Aaron
2010-02-05, 11:15 PM
Lloyd Zephyr is not a morning person. Do you think straight when you're tired? :smalltongue:

Also, it wouldn't make for as good a story for it to be the norm, you know?

I really liked Janine's first panel statement. "Astrid damm it! I'm fully healed!"
She really wanted Lloyd to use Lay on Hands on her. :smallwink:

My other comment is that, in the last panel, the text should be placed differently so we can easily tell which parts are said first. :smallsmile:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-05, 11:33 PM
I really liked Janine's first panel statement. "Astrid damm it! I'm fully healed!"
She really wanted Lloyd to use Lay on Hands on her. :smallwink:

My other comment is that, in the last panel, the text should be placed differently so we can easily tell which parts are said first. :smallsmile:

She really wanted to be "healed". :smallamused:

Note how happy she looks in the last panel. :smallwink:

Yes, but it would have been awkward otherwise.

Dark Faun
2010-02-06, 02:26 AM
I love how pleased Janine and Matt look in the last panel... :smallamused:

Asta Kask
2010-02-06, 03:47 AM
*snigger*

When you say it mushrooms into something bigger, are we talking edible fungi here? Or 'shrooms?

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-06, 06:59 AM
*snigger*

When you say it mushrooms into something bigger, are we talking edible fungi here? Or 'shrooms?

The phrase "Mushrooms into something bigger" refers to how a mushroom's stalk is small, but the cap is very, very big.

Basically the plot's going to turn into something much bigger than killing a green dragon in Salix Forest.

Glad you both enjoyed! :smallbiggrin:

Asta Kask
2010-02-06, 07:23 AM
The phrase "Mushrooms into something bigger" refers to how a mushroom's stalk is small, but the cap is very, very big.

Basically the plot's going to turn into something much bigger than killing a green dragon in Salix Forest.

Glad you both enjoyed! :smallbiggrin:

The mushroom comment was a joke, (Perhaps I should work on my delivery...)and a way of asking how strange the plot would be. Normal fungi or hallucinogenic... :smallsmile:

I just hope there are plenty of willow-trees in the Salix forest. And of course, grinding their bark and cooking it lets you make an analgesic - guess which?

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-06, 07:40 AM
The mushroom comment was a joke, (Perhaps I should work on my delivery...)and a way of asking how strange the plot would be. Normal fungi or hallucinogenic... :smallsmile:

I just hope there are plenty of willow-trees in the Salix forest. And of course, grinding their bark and cooking it lets you make an analgesic - guess which?

Uhm...Both?

Which one? :smalltongue:

Asta Kask
2010-02-06, 07:49 AM
Uhm...Both?

Which one? :smalltongue:

Which analgesic can you make from willow bark? The other is more of a pro-drug.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-06, 07:57 AM
Which analgesic can you make from willow bark? The other is more of a pro-drug.

Aspirin, but I don't see why they'd need lots of...Oh. :smallamused:

Asta Kask
2010-02-06, 08:04 AM
Technically, aspirin is a (mostly) inert compound that is converted to salisylic acid in the liver. This is done to prevent it from completely chewing up your stomach - salisylic acid is much more efficient at doing that. Bad thing to drink, but if there's nothing else around...

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-06, 08:06 AM
Technically, aspirin is a (mostly) inert compound that is converted to salisylic acid in the liver. This is done to prevent it from completely chewing up your stomach - salisylic acid is much more efficient at doing that. Bad thing to drink, but if there's nothing else around...

Salicylic, I think you mean.

But yeah, I knew that.

Asta Kask
2010-02-06, 08:10 AM
Does Radic know? But a CLW is probably more efficient than ground willow bark anyway.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-06, 08:14 AM
Does Radic know? But a CLW is probably more efficient than ground willow bark anyway.

She's a druid. Knowledge (Nature) is a class skill.

Traker
2010-02-06, 11:23 AM
She's a druid. Knowledge (Nature) is a class skill.

I always made druids, and now that I com to think of it one of them is on a ghostwalk, and got a fire burping badger.

Symmys
2010-02-06, 02:07 PM
Congratulations, Coffee, Murphy's Law did in a week what it took months for OotS to do: Invade my dreams. :smallbiggrin:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-06, 02:09 PM
Congratulations, Coffee, Murphy's Law did in a week what it took months for OotS to do: Invade my dreams. :smallbiggrin:

...Wow.

Okay, what was the dream about? Please? :smallbiggrin: