PDA

View Full Version : Murphy's Law

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Symmys
2010-02-06, 02:26 PM
...Wow.

Okay, what was the dream about? Please? :smallbiggrin:

It wasn't that interesting, actually. The bit with Murphy's Law was just that I was on some website about the meaning behind names, and I saw the name Lloyd and made the connection to the comic. I think in my dream it meant 'warrior' or something.
More interesting was the fact that just before I woke up, my dad (in the dream) asked if I wanted to watch a movie. I said 'yes' out loud as I woke up.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-06, 02:27 PM
It wasn't that interesting, actually. The bit with Murphy's Law was just that I was on some website about the meaning behind names, and I saw the name Lloyd and made the connection to the comic. I think in my dream it meant 'warrior' or something.
More interesting was the fact that just before I woke up, my dad (in the dream) asked if I wanted to watch a movie. I said 'yes' out loud as I woke up.

Heehee, I guess I should be honored?

(And yes, I do that sometimes too.)

Symmys
2010-02-06, 02:38 PM
Heehee, I guess I should be honored?

(And yes, I do that sometimes too.)

Yeah. Only awesome stuff is allowed into my dreams. (Well, that and that one annoying Yogi bear lookalike. I'm not quite sure how he managed to get in.)

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-06, 02:48 PM
Yeah. Only awesome stuff is allowed into my dreams. (Well, that and that one annoying Yogi bear lookalike. I'm not quite sure how he managed to get in.)

Yay!

...Uhm...Lookalike?

Maybe he stole the keys.

Symmys
2010-02-06, 02:54 PM
Yay!

...Uhm...Lookalike?

Maybe he stole the keys.

He looked like Yogi bear, except he was a really ugly shade of yellow.

Probably.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-06, 03:01 PM
He looked like Yogi bear, except he was a really ugly shade of yellow.

Probably.

...Okay then.

Uhm, if I may ask, what do you like/dislike about the comic?

Symmys
2010-02-06, 03:26 PM
...Okay then.

Uhm, if I may ask, what do you like/dislike about the comic?

Well, I like Matt. He's endearing in his own way, and I like how he interacts with the other characters, especially Lloyd. I think he's going to be one of the more interesting characters (though it's a bit too early to tell for sure). I'd like to see a canon explanation for why he went into INSTA-PANIC MODE when the guard mentioned tossing him in max for the rest of his life. Sure, it's not exactly something to be overjoyed about, but from what I've seen of him so far, there has to be more reason than "I'll be locked up for life, guaranteed" for him to go immediately from sarcastic and mildly annoyed to begging and trying to make a plea deal. Until a reason is given in-comic, I'm going with the Belkar/Matt fic from a while back.

The layout of the speech bubbles is sometimes confusing, like in the last panel of #16, but you've already explained why you did that. I honestly can't think of any other complaints.

Silverraptor
2010-02-06, 07:58 PM
I would suggest you fix the word bubbles in the last panel, but otherwise, it's pretty good.:smallbiggrin:

And I can't wait for the "Next" comic.:smallamused::smallwink:

Asta Kask
2010-02-07, 04:54 AM
Word of advice: adventurers never do anything manually. Long poles to push things, Molotov cocktails to open wooden doors, and above all, summoned monsters to do anything vaguely dangerous or humiliating. Nothing like a cleric calling upon the forces of her God to condense the forces of Good into the shape of...a monkey. That is then used to put on a new helmet, just to check. And then explodes, justifying the use of the monkey.

Or maybe that's just my groups.

Nope. When we played Shackled City, we had a Fiendish Ape that got used for a lot of dangerous stuff. Justified as "it's a Fiendish Ape, so making it suffer is a Good act." I doubt PETA would agree... :smallsmile:

How about the toxin from the spider's fangs? I hear a pint of Acromantula venom is worth a 100 galleons...

Grim ranger
2010-02-07, 05:03 AM
Nope. When we played Shackled City, we had a Fiendish Ape that got used for a lot of dangerous stuff. Justified as "it's a Fiendish Ape, so making it suffer is a Good act." I doubt PETA would agree... :smallsmile:

How about the toxin from the spider's fangs? I hear a pint of Acromantula venom is worth a 100 galleons...

Heh heh :smallbiggrin:

Our gaming group once used a pet rat of our rogue to test various suspicious-looking spots for traps, just in case. We found out he needed a new rat quite often :smalltongue:

Asta Kask
2010-02-08, 12:01 PM
While giving out song lyrics in the Crack Pairings Thread, I might as well give one for Lloyd as well:

THE OATH Lyrics
Artist(Band):Kiss

Like a blade of a sword I am forged in flame
Fiery hot
Tempered steel fire-bright to the night I take
I fear not
Now compelled by something I cannot see
I go forth surrendering to history

Your glory, I swear I run for thee
Your power, I trust it runs with me
Your servant, I am and ever shall I be

Through a dream
I have a come to an ancient door
Lost in the mist
I have been there a hundred times or more
Pounding my fists
Now inside, the fire of the ancient burns
A boy goes in and suddenly a man returns

I gave my word and gained a key
I gave my heart and set it free
There's no turning back from this odyssey
Because I feel so alive suddenly
And I wonder, is this really me?

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-08, 02:49 PM
While giving out song lyrics in the Crack Pairings Thread, I might as well give one for Lloyd as well:

THE OATH Lyrics
Artist(Band):Kiss

Like a blade of a sword I am forged in flame
Fiery hot
Tempered steel fire-bright to the night I take
I fear not
Now compelled by something I cannot see
I go forth surrendering to history

Through a dream
I have a come to an ancient door
Lost in the mist
I have been there a hundred times or more
Pounding my fists
Now inside, the fire of the ancient burns
A boy goes in and suddenly a man returns

I gave my word and gained a key
I gave my heart and set it free
There's no turning back from this odyssey
Because I feel so alive suddenly
And I wonder, is this really me?

Hmmm...

Considering that you know next to nothing about Lloyd, this is pretty close.

Aaron
2010-02-08, 03:21 PM
I would suggest you fix the word bubbles in the last panel, but otherwise, it's pretty good.:smallbiggrin:

And I can't wait for the "Next" comic.:smallamused::smallwink:

Well, we all know that you can't wait for "ultra comic 17." You two have been talking about it sooooooo much. :smallwink::smalltongue:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-08, 03:29 PM
Well, we all know that you can't wait for "ultra comic 17." You two have been talking about it sooooooo much. :smallwink::smalltongue:

Not really.

The next comic's going to actually have a lot of Inkscape experimentation and practice--People in water, individual trees, crumpled clothes, etc.

Those things might be a bit tricky to do in Inkscape and #17 will be good practice.

Aaron
2010-02-08, 03:47 PM
Not really.

The next comic's going to actually have a lot of Inkscape experimentation and practice--People in water, individual trees, crumpled clothes, etc.

Those things might be a bit tricky to do in Inkscape and #17 will be good practice.

Either way, your and Silverraptor's talking back and forth about it has caused several head sized dents to apear on my desk. :smallbiggrin::smalltongue:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-08, 03:49 PM
Either way, your and Silverraptor's talking back and forth about it has caused several head sized dents to apear on my desk. :smallbiggrin::smalltongue:

Uhm...Sorry.

Asta Kask
2010-02-08, 04:03 PM
Well, there's a Swedish proverb saying "If you're waiting for something good, you can't wait too long."

Silverraptor
2010-02-08, 06:20 PM

Ahhhhh... music to my ears.:smallamused:

Aaron
2010-02-08, 06:48 PM
Uhm...Sorry.

I said that with a :smallbiggrin: and :smalltongue:. Its a funny thing (and entertaining:smalltongue:). Nothing to be sorry for.

Well, there's a Swedish proverb saying "If you're waiting for something good, you can't wait too long."

A nice saying. That proverb seems to sum up allot of people's lives. :smallbiggrin::smalltongue:

Ahhhhh... music to my ears.:smallamused:

:smallconfused:Wait? The head bangings were that loud?!?!? :smalleek: ...or did you just not pause your Ipod music? :smalltongue:

Silverraptor
2010-02-08, 06:55 PM
I said that with a :smallbiggrin: and :smalltongue:. Its a funny thing (and entertaining:smalltongue:). Nothing to be sorry for.

A nice saying. That proverb seems to sum up allot of people's lives. :smallbiggrin::smalltongue:

:smallconfused:Wait? The head bangings were that loud?!?!? :smalleek: ...or did you just not pause your Ipod music? :smalltongue:

The first one. I have no iPod.:smallamused:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-08, 07:04 PM
Guess what guys?

The forecast calls for almost 18 inches of snow in my area tomorrow night!

So, IF school is canceled on Wednesday, then comic on Wednesday and another one Friday!

Remember, IF.

Aaron
2010-02-08, 07:07 PM
Guess what guys?

The forecast calls for almost 18 inches of snow in my area tomorrow night!

*prays that New York is buried in snow (but not so much snow that the power goes out:smalltongue:)*

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-08, 07:10 PM
*prays that New York is buried in snow (but not so much snow that the power goes out:smalltongue:)*

EVERYBODY in my school is praying for it. :smalltongue:

The Blackbird
2010-02-08, 07:19 PM
Cast Weather Control.:smalltongue:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-08, 07:21 PM
Cast Weather Control.:smalltongue:

But I don't have levels in Cleric. Or Druid. *Grumbles about how a neutral alignment is needed* :smalltongue:

The Blackbird
2010-02-08, 07:31 PM
But I don't have levels in Cleric. Or Druid. *Grumbles about how a neutral alignment is needed* :smalltongue:

What about Aaron then? (I mean seriously, just look at his sig.)

EDIT: Seriously though, I should probably make a more thread related statement.

This comic is very well done, I especially like the protagonists name, for some reason.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-08, 07:35 PM
What about Aaron then? (I mean seriously, just look at his sig.)

EDIT: Seriously though, I should probably make a more thread related statement.

This comic is very well done, I especially like the protagonists name, for some reason.

But he lives in Alaska. Would the range work? :smalltongue:

And thank you!

Aaron
2010-02-08, 08:45 PM
But he lives in Alaska. Would the range work? :smalltongue:

And thank you!

No, it would not. But there's ways to get around that. Such as making an item of Control Weather, then mailing it to you. (or finding someone who can teleport:smalltongue:)

The Blackbird
2010-02-08, 08:49 PM
No, it would not.
But...It says your local cleric.:smallfrown::smalltongue:

But there's ways to get around that. Such as making an item of Control Weather, then mailing it to you. (or finding someone who can teleport:smalltongue:)
If you've been there you could word of recall.

Aaron
2010-02-08, 08:54 PM
But...It says your local cleric.:smallfrown::smalltongue:

Right. It just wouldn't work in Alaska, too far away. :smalltongue:

If you've been there you could word of recall.

But...it's a one way trip. :smalltongue:

The Blackbird
2010-02-08, 09:06 PM
But...it's a one way trip. :smalltongue:

You could prepare it twice, for surely you're familiar with the location of your own home.

Illven
2010-02-08, 09:42 PM
EVERYBODY in my school is praying for it. :smalltongue:

I wouldn't object unless it involves shovelling then it's a problem.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-09, 02:50 PM
Guess what guys?

SNOW DAY!!!

Asta Kask
2010-02-09, 03:06 PM
Good. Have you remembered to leave out a sacrifice for Ithaqua? :smallsmile:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-09, 03:17 PM
Good. Have you remembered to leave out a sacrifice for Ithaqua? :smallsmile:

I'm working on the comic right now. Does that count?

Asta Kask
2010-02-09, 03:30 PM
From what I hear he prefers young women to breed with. Think you have any classmates who'd want to date this (http://www.epilogue.net/cgi/database/art/view.pl?id=88885)?

:smallbiggrin:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-09, 03:33 PM
From what I hear he prefers young women to breed with. Think you have any classmates who'd want to date this (http://www.epilogue.net/cgi/database/art/view.pl?id=88885)?

:smallbiggrin:

I'm sure I could find at least one. :smallamused:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-09, 05:47 PM
Hooray! Update time!

This comic was actually pretty tricky to do, with the special effects and such.

And yes, before you ask, there is more merit to this comic than meets the eye. For one thing, take a good look at Lloyd...

#17: Actually, Radic Has a Higher Dex Score
http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac294/caffeineincluded/ActuallyRadicHasAHigherDexScore.png

As always, I love your comments and criticism!

Asta Kask
2010-02-09, 05:59 PM
Janine is clearly a fan of the "surprise-him" method of dating.

*channels Janine*

"Coffee, I know how you can talk B into making the right decision. Break into his room, take off all your clothes and chain yourself to his bed!"

*/channeling*

I'm fairly certain that's not the right way to woo a person like Lloyd. She really needs a less chaotic approach.

And it serves Matt right. He should have brought bacon laced with sleeping potion. :smallsmile:

Good as always. Are those scars I see on Lloyd's body?

The Dark Fiddler
2010-02-09, 06:00 PM
Hmm... a good look a Lloyd...

:smalleek: He has a belly button?!

There goes my clone theory... :smallannoyed:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-09, 06:02 PM
Janine is clearly a fan of the "surprise-him" method of dating.

*channels Janine*

"Coffee, I know how you can talk B into making the right decision. Break into his room, take off all your clothes and chain yourself to his bed!"

*/channeling*

I'm fairly certain that's not the right way to woo a person like Lloyd. She really needs a less chaotic approach.

And it serves Matt right. He should have brought bacon laced with sleeping potion. :smallsmile:

Good as always. Are those scars I see on Lloyd's body?

Poor Janine....:smallamused: (And yes, that is something she would suggest. Poor Radic, having to endure Janine's "Advice" whenever there are several guys at a tavern...Then again, that does leave all of them to her...:smallamused: :smalltongue:)

Actually, when Matt wants to knock out someone for a while, he prefers arrows laced with Drow poison. Which is both ironic and hypocritical because...You'll see later. :smallamused:

Thank you!

And yes, those are scars.

Illven
2010-02-09, 06:47 PM
Poor Janine....:smallamused: (And yes, that is something she would suggest. Poor Radic, having to endure Janine's "Advice" whenever there are several guys at a tavern...Then again, that does leave all of them to her...:smallamused: :smalltongue:)

Actually, when Matt wants to knock out someone for a while, he prefers arrows laced with Drow poison. Which is both ironic and hypocritical because...You'll see later. :smallamused:

Thank you!

And yes, those are scars.

Because he is a high elf?

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-09, 06:49 PM
Because he is a high elf?

Does Matt have pointy ears? :smalltongue:

No, Matt's human. Not a half-elf either.

John Cribati
2010-02-09, 07:43 PM
This was a lot more clever on second read-through, when I realized that the comic page was mirrored with Lloyd/Janine and Matt/Radic.

Of course, I never expected either of those situations to work out, in the end though.

On a related note, how long did it take for the mods to approve this thread? because I've been waiting a few days for mine to show up. :miko:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-09, 07:52 PM
This was a lot more clever on second read-through, when I realized that the comic page was mirrored with Lloyd/Janine and Matt/Radic.

Of course, I never expected either of those situations to work out, in the end though.

On a related note, how long did it take for the mods to approve this thread? because I've been waiting a few days for mine to show up. :miko:

Thank you! :smallbiggrin:

It took me about two days. But I had two comics up in that first post, so the mods could tell that it wouldn't be a one-off, then forgotten.

They could be swamped right now; it shouldn't take more than three days. Four tops.

Aaron
2010-02-09, 09:08 PM
Guess what guys?

SNOW DAY!!!

YAY!!!:smallbiggrin: Now please send some up here. I've only got 2 feet of snow at my house. :smallannoyed:

*falls on the floor laughing*:smallbiggrin:

Too funny. Janine needs more...umm..."sex ed" from Radic. And Matt needs some from Lloyd. :smallwink::smallamused:

*ding* To the Crack Pairings Thread! :smallbiggrin:

Nice art work. I really like Matt grinning in the forth panel, as well as the back to back panels. :smallsmile:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-09, 09:14 PM
YAY!!!:smallbiggrin: Now please send some up here. I've only got 2 feet of snow at my house. :smallannoyed:

*falls on the floor laughing*:smallbiggrin:

Too funny. Janine needs more...umm..."sex ed" from Radic. And Matt needs some from Lloyd. :smallwink::smallamused:

*ding* To the Crack Pairings Thread! :smallbiggrin:

Nice art work. I really like Matt grinning in the forth panel, as well as the back to back panels. :smallsmile:

Only two feet?! Ah, right, Alaska.

Yippee! :smallbiggrin:

And thank you! This was some good Inkscape technique practice for me.

Note that there WILL STILL BE THE REGULARLY SCHEDULED COMIC ON FRIDAY. And with the week off... :smallamused:

CrimsonAngel
2010-02-09, 09:18 PM
Awsome comic. :smallsmile:

Illven
2010-02-09, 10:50 PM
Does Matt have pointy ears? :smalltongue:

No, Matt's human. Not a half-elf either.

It's lies all lies:smalltongue:

Sstoopidtallkid
2010-02-10, 12:26 AM
Fun. Like the visuals, though the 90* turn by Radic seemed too forced. She seems like she should have been looking at the fight, not where he had been standing. And armor loses it's shape when not on the body. Her clothes seem fine, and I like that yu included items that normally we don't see. Because of the realism, people. Get your minds out of the gutter!

Also, is that an Artemis reference? I'm seeing a lot of parallels.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-10, 08:35 AM
Fun. Like the visuals, though the 90* turn by Radic seemed too forced. She seems like she should have been looking at the fight, not where he had been standing. And armor loses it's shape when not on the body. Her clothes seem fine, and I like that you included items that normally we don't see. Because of the realism, people. Get your minds out of the gutter!

Also, is that an Artemis reference? I'm seeing a lot of parallels.

Thank you.

I suppose, though your range is limited when the subject is a topless female and you've got a censor to worry about. She's looking at the whole general area. :smalltongue:

Lloyd has full plate. Radic?

:durkon: Leather armor be stiff an' boiled ta deflect blows!

What you think they ran around without underpants or a light shirt? I think that full plate would chafe after a while. :smalltongue:

Maybe, maybe not. :smallamused:

Dark Faun
2010-02-10, 09:07 AM
I love it. :smallsmile:

Any kind of metal armor without any cloth underneath: much pain, or at least discomfort.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-10, 09:12 AM
I love it. :smallsmile:

Any kind of metal armor without any cloth underneath: much pain, or at least discomfort.

Exactly! :smallbiggrin:

Glad you enjoyed. (If I may ask, what did you like best about it?)

Asta Kask
2010-02-10, 11:27 AM

Ah, well, one of the things we learned in dating school is Don't Shoot Your Lady's Dog. It will not endear her to you.

And we all know dogs like bacon. Especially raw bacon. :smallsmile:

Edit: I'm surprised that Janine kept her armor on. Won't it rust?

Dark Faun
2010-02-10, 11:43 AM
I don't think there are rules for rusting. :smalltongue:

I liked all the panels with Matt and Janine. They should start a pervert club. And practice on each other. :smallwink:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-10, 11:45 AM
Ah, well, one of the things we learned in dating school is Don't Shoot Your Lady's Dog. It will not endear her to you.

And we all know dogs like bacon. Especially raw bacon. :smallsmile:

Edit: I'm surprised that Janine kept her armor on. Won't it rust?

Especially Radic. His casket would be a small bag.

Actually, she slipped and fell into the pond.

I don't think there are rules for rusting. :smalltongue:

I liked all the panels with Matt and Janine. They should start a pervert club. And practice on each other. :smallwink:

Crack pairings thread? :smallwink:

Asta Kask
2010-02-10, 11:51 AM
Especially Radic. His casket would be a small bag.

Although you can train dogs not to accept food from strangers. It may be a good idea for Radic to do that...

Actually, she slipped and fell into the pond.

Ah, my bad.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-10, 11:56 AM
Although you can train dogs not to accept food from strangers. It may be a good idea for Radic to do that...

Ah, my bad.

I think she's already taken care of that.

It's okay. She makes the best of it though. :smallamused:

Eztheria
2010-02-10, 02:32 PM
Page 17 is just pure win. I can't say any more. Can't even type correctly because of my laughter. Argh.

Silverraptor
2010-02-10, 04:40 PM
I love what you did on the Matt side.:smallamused: His, "Uh-oh" face was pure win!

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-10, 04:59 PM
I love what you did on the Matt side.:smallamused: His, "Uh-oh" face was pure win!

Thanks! What about the last panel? :smalltongue:

Silverraptor
2010-02-10, 05:03 PM
That was good as well.:smallsmile:

Asta Kask
2010-02-11, 05:02 AM

*Adds Impulsiveness to Janine's GURPSsheet*

She certainly is a... different cleric from Durkon.

Silverraptor
2010-02-11, 10:10 AM
Ya. No usual sterotypes here.:smalltongue:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-11, 10:16 AM
Ya. No usual stereotypes here.:smalltongue:

Not the behavior you'd expect from a devout cleric... :smalltongue:

Dark Faun
2010-02-11, 10:21 AM
From a devout cleric of the goddess of love? Certainly.

I bet Janine chose Astrid because she thought it meant sex 24/7.

Silverraptor
2010-02-11, 10:28 AM
Maybe it's the goodess of fertality.:smallamused: Such as, no vow of chastity?:smalltongue:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-11, 10:42 AM
From a devout cleric of the goddess of love? Certainly.

I bet Janine chose Astrid because she thought it meant sex 24/7.

Actually...No.

Maybe it's the goodess of fertality. Such as, no vow of chastity?

No, she is not a fertility goddess. :smalltongue: You want a fertility goddess in this world, look for the earth goddess of the Southern Islands. :smallamused:

Asta Kask
2010-02-11, 12:37 PM
What is she a goddess of, BTW?

Edit: And how long does it take to plan and draw a comic?

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-11, 12:42 PM
What is she a goddess of, BTW?

Edit: And how long does it take to plan and draw a comic?

Well, her domains are Sun, Water, Fire, Good, and Protection. She's not really the goddess of anything specific, per se.

It takes a few hours for me to draw a comic; I do about 99% of the planning before actually sitting down and making the comic. But it takes me about 2-4 hours, depending on how complex the comic is. Sometimes it can take longer.

Asta Kask
2010-02-11, 01:09 PM
I wonder what Radic would do with people who roast cats.

No, wait, I don't.

My God, that's gross. :smalleek:

Grim ranger
2010-02-11, 01:22 PM

No, wait, I don't.

Yuck... :smalleek::smallyuk:

Great comic once again, Coffee! Looking forward to Matt getting his ass kicked in manner most righteous :smalltongue:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-11, 01:24 PM

No, wait, I don't.

Let's just say that they wouldn't be able to find the body.

Nor would they want to.

Great comic once again, Coffee! Looking forward to Matt getting his ass kicked in manner most righteous

Thank you!

Ah, Matt, Matt, the cosmic chew toy. :smallbiggrin:

Asta Kask
2010-02-11, 01:25 PM
And Lloyd can spank Janine... :smallbiggrin:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-11, 01:28 PM
And Lloyd can spank Janine... :smallbiggrin:

...I don't think that would qualify as a punishment. :smalltongue:

Oh, and to be serious for a moment and make things clear, Murphy's Law entails a HECK OF A LOT MORE than what you initially see. I've gone over bits of it with Silverraptor, and a bit of the characters' personalities and psychologies with Water-Smurf, and they will agree that this is just the surface.

Asta Kask
2010-02-11, 01:32 PM
What you think they ran around without underpants or a light shirt? I think that full plate would chafe after a while. :smalltongue:

I once speculated that the hairless bodies and extraordinary resistance to pain exhibited by female barbarians in comics was due to their habit of using mail armor without cloth under. :smallsmile:

Grim ranger
2010-02-11, 01:53 PM
I once speculated that the hairless bodies and extraordinary resistance to pain exhibited by female barbarians in comics was due to their habit of using mail armor without cloth under. :smallsmile:

Meh, never have been a fan of unrealistically ripped warrior women... :smalltongue:

Have even put some of those to eternal sleep with well-placed gunshot at times...man Warhammer is fun setting to play in :smallbiggrin:

At least when everything in it is not trying to kill you and eat your eyeballs :smalltongue:

Aaron
2010-02-11, 03:39 PM
...I don't think that would qualify as a punishment. :smalltongue:

No, no it would not. :smallwink::smalltongue:

O, and did anyone else figure out why in the last panel of comic 16 that Janine and Matt were smiling? They had instantly thought of watching Matt and Radic wash the muck off. :smallwink::smalltongue: Now that is just creapy. :smallwink:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-11, 03:52 PM
No, no it would not. :smallwink::smalltongue:

O, and did anyone else figure out why in the last panel of comic 16 that Janine and Matt were smiling? They had instantly thought of watching Matt and Radic wash the muck off. :smallwink::smalltongue: Now that is just creapy. :smallwink:

They were just being pragmatic and looking at the bright side. :smallwink:

Asta Kask
2010-02-11, 03:53 PM
Oh yes. Such creepy thinking is fairly easy for me to sympathize with.

Edit: So... you are still snowed in, Coffee? Is there any possibility of three (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MipUFnJH994) updates this week? *puppy eyes*

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-11, 04:10 PM
Oh yes. Such creepy thinking is fairly easy for me to sympathize with.

Edit: So... you are still snowed in, Coffee? Is there any possibility of three (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MipUFnJH994) updates this week? *puppy eyes*

...What do you mean by that? :smalleek:

No, sorry. Update tomorrow, then two next week.

NOTE: ON SATURDAY, I WILL BE LEAVING FOR SEVERAL COLLEGE TOURS IN THE NEW ENGLAND REGION. I WILL RETURN WEDNESDAY NIGHT.

Asta Kask
2010-02-11, 04:20 PM
...What do you mean by that? :smalleek:

That seeing a woman with gunk and thinking of her washing it off comes naturally to me.

No, sorry. Update tomorrow, then two next week.

*changes to kitten eyes*

NOTE: ON SATURDAY, I WILL BE LEAVING FOR SEVERAL COLLEGE TOURS IN THE NEW ENGLAND REGION. I WILL RETURN WEDNESDAY NIGHT.

That's alright, you can bring a laptop and wireless Internet. :smallbiggrin:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-11, 04:24 PM
That seeing a woman with gunk and thinking of her washing it off comes naturally to me.

Oh. Okay then.

*changes to kitten eyes*

Working at a shelter and adopting a dog has given me immunity to that.

That's alright, you can bring a laptop and wireless Internet. :smallbiggrin:

Ha. Fat chance my parents will let me.

Silverraptor
2010-02-11, 04:26 PM
Working at a shelter and adopting a dog has given me immunity to that.

He's doing it all wrong.

*Activates Kitty like "Raptor" eyes*

Asta Kask
2010-02-11, 04:28 PM
Oh. Okay then.

And the Depeche Mode video was meant to indicate that I can't get enough of the comic. Not that I am madly in love with you. (although I do notice that you've had at least three boys you're age declare their love for you - more or less - on the forums. Now, you may not reciprocate that feeling, but isn't it still a nice ego boost?)

Besides, that DM video just screams 1980's. I don't think I could find a better example outside of a Europe video...

Silverraptor
2010-02-11, 04:30 PM
And the Depeche Mode video was meant to indicate that I can't get enough of the comic. Not that I am madly in love with you. (although I do notice that you've had at least three boys you're age declare their love for you - more or less - on the forums. Now, you may not reciprocate that feeling, but isn't it still a nice ego boost?)

Besides, that DM video just screams 1980's. I don't think I could find a better example outside of a Europe video...

Really? Which three have done so?:smallconfused:

Asta Kask
2010-02-11, 04:31 PM
Really? Which three have done so?:smallconfused:

I think The Odor has said so right out, Closak spent a lot of time waiting for her to wake up addled by Zanaril-potions and then there was a third guy whose name I can't remember. It's all over in the Crack Pairings Thread.

Why, are you jealous? :smallamused:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-11, 04:32 PM

No, I was perfectly aware of the meaning behind the video.

Heh, but it's sort of like when someone says, "Marry me", meaning that they heartily approve of your statement/sentiment/what have you and it's partially in jest. :smalltongue: (I didn't say anything about the ego boost though)

Plus, you know, the Crack Pairings Thread.

Silverraptor
2010-02-11, 04:33 PM
Why, are you jealous? :smallamused:

:smalltongue:

Aaron
2010-02-11, 05:33 PM
He's doing it all wrong.

*Activates Kitty like "Raptor" eyes*

*sees SR's avatar*:smalleek:

I knew you had a feminine ego. :smalltongue::smallamused:

Silverraptor
2010-02-11, 06:09 PM
*sees SR's avatar*:smalleek:

I knew you had a feminine ego. :smalltongue::smallamused:

That's it! Looks like someone needs a "Makeover"!:smalltongue:

Aaron
2010-02-11, 07:54 PM
That's it! Looks like someone needs a "Makeover"!:smalltongue:

Not really going to happen untill I finally get my own avatar. :smalltongue:

Asta Kask
2010-02-12, 05:17 AM
Murphy's Law entails a HECK OF A LOT MORE than what you initially see. I've gone over bits of it with Silverraptor, and a bit of the characters' personalities and psychologies with Water-Smurf, and they will agree that this is just the surface.

I think I'll wait a few months with the GURPSification, then. Personality traits are a major part of the GURPS character creation process and I don't think I've amassed enough information.

Touring the colleges? What will you be doing? Dancing? Singing? Stand-up comedy? :smallsmile:

Zanaril
2010-02-12, 11:22 AM
Hooray! Update time!

This comic was actually pretty tricky to do, with the special effects and such.

And yes, before you ask, there is more merit to this comic than meets the eye. For one thing, take a good look at Lloyd...

#17: Actually, Radic Has a Higher Dex Score

*reads comic* I love it! :smallbiggrin:

I like how you changed Janine's hair after it got wet. Attention to detail gets you an Internet Cookie.

Nitpicking:
You still have issues with speech bubbles; the short lines are especially jarring. Writing and arranging the text first and then drawing the speech bubble around it might help get a better text shape.

Also, I agree with Asta Kask: it's not clear that Janine fell in accidentally. Maybe give her (o 0) eyes in the second to last panel? Although she's really too nonchalant for that...

Or you could make the "Slip!" unsound effect more obvious?

Murphy's Law entails a HECK OF A LOT MORE than what you initially see. I've gone over bits of it with Silverraptor, and a bit of the characters' personalities and psychologies with Water-Smurf, and they will agree that this is just the surface.

You've been asking W-S for advice? Should I start being worried for your characters? :smalltongue:

*sigh* I need to start writing down the ideas I have for a comic.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-12, 03:00 PM
*reads comic* I love it! :smallbiggrin:

I like how you changed Janine's hair after it got wet. Attention to detail gets you an Internet Cookie.

Nitpicking:
You still have issues with speech bubbles; the short lines are especially jarring. Writing and arranging the text first and then drawing the speech bubble around it might help get a better text shape.

Also, I agree with Asta Kask: it's not clear that Janine fell in accidentally. Maybe give her (o 0) eyes in the second to last panel? Although she's really too nonchalant for that...

Or you could make the "Slip!" unsound effect more obvious?

You've been asking W-S for advice? Should I start being worried for your characters? :smalltongue:

*sigh* I need to start writing down the ideas I have for a comic.

Thanks Zanaril! *Munches on cookie*

I actually do do that with the text.

Yeah, maybe I should have. But what about her scream?

Ehhh...I plead the Fifth.

*Groan* I can't start the comic for another three hours...

Asta Kask
2010-02-12, 03:12 PM
*Groan* I can't start the comic for another three hours...

Why? Is there some vital equipment that must be supplied?

And did you know that the first two panels of comic #17, if taken completely out of context, can be taken to indicate that Lloyd and Radic have had sex?

Zanaril
2010-02-12, 03:38 PM
And did you know that the first two panels of comic #17, if taken completely out of context, can be taken to indicate that Lloyd and Radic have had sex?

:smallsigh:

Thanks for that, my mind is now drowning in the gutter. I'll be seeing innuendo everywhere for the next few hours.

...*goes back and views the comic in this new and disturbing light*

Asta Kask
2010-02-12, 03:44 PM

:smallsigh:

Thanks for that, my mind is now drowning in the gutter. I'll be seeing innuendo everywhere for the next few hours.

...*goes back and views at the comic in this new and disturbing light*

Always eager to serve my fellow man. And woman.

Zanaril
2010-02-12, 04:06 PM
But what about her scream?
What about it? :smallconfused:

Always eager to serve my fellow man. And woman.

*covers ears*
Make it stop!

Dark Faun
2010-02-12, 04:40 PM
But what about her scream?
http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1181536_60030209003_O&GArmyBookMain_873x627.jpg

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m1240070_60030103003_Orkcodexmain_873x627.jpg

"Waaaagh!!!" is those guys' war cry.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-12, 06:30 PM
Why? Is there some vital equipment that must be supplied?

*Headdesk*

Lycan 01
2010-02-12, 06:42 PM
Yes, but that's out of context...

I liked the femur line in comic 15, and the recurring rabid weasel. :smalltongue:

Asta Kask
2010-02-12, 07:30 PM

*Headdesk*

All I'm saying is that there's a crack pairing there. And that I have a dirty mind (but you all knew that already).

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-12, 07:48 PM
All I'm saying is that there's a crack pairing there. And that I have a dirty mind (but you all knew that already).

I meant it in a good, "How could I not have seen that coming?" way.

And I should be done in about a half-hour. Though you should be getting some rest. :smallwink: (What time is it right now in Sweden anyway?!)

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-12, 08:27 PM
Update time!

#18: Digging Yourself Deeper
http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac294/caffeineincluded/DiggingYourselfDeeper.png

(In case you can't tell, Matt's holding a stink bomb in the last two panels.)

As always, comments and such are greatly appreciated!

Asta Kask
2010-02-13, 05:19 AM
Update time!

#18: Digging Yourself Deeper
http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac294/caffeineincluded/DiggingYourselfDeeper.png

(In case you can't tell, Matt's holding a stink bomb in the last two panels.)

As always, comments and such are greatly appreciated!

Yeah, it ain't easy being the sane man in a crazy world. And it's impossible to tell that it's a stink bomb. I advice adding some dialogue to make it clear. Either Matt thinking "hmm... stink bomb" or Radic saying "NO! No stink bombs."

Is Matt getting paid? Or is this part of his rehabilitation?

And I should be done in about a half-hour. Though you should be getting some rest. :smallwink: (What time is it right now in Sweden anyway?!)

It was 1 AM, but I slept long this morning. I'm a night person anyway.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-13, 07:22 AM
Yeah, it ain't easy being the sane man in a crazy world. And it's impossible to tell that it's a stink bomb. I advice adding some dialogue to make it clear. Either Matt thinking "hmm... stink bomb" or Radic saying "NO! No stink bombs."

Is Matt getting paid? Or is this part of his rehabilitation?

Well, I tried putting stink lines on the bomb...

He thought it was part of rehab. Now he's a bit confused.

It was 1 AM, but I slept long this morning. I'm a night person anyway.

And I'm a morning person! :smallbiggrin: (I get up at around 7-8 AM naturally)

Zanaril
2010-02-13, 08:48 AM
And I'm a morning person! :smallbiggrin: (I get up at around 7-8 AM naturally)
I'm a morning person by virtue of still being awake by the next morning.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-13, 08:53 AM
I'm a morning person by virtue of still being awake by the next morning.

...Wow.

When I was younger, I used to wake up my parents at sunrise by running into their room shouting, "Sun's rising! Sun's rising!"

Uhm, did you like the comic?

Zanaril
2010-02-13, 09:09 AM
...Wow.
It's normally only if I'm reading a book which I just can't put down. It's not a good idea when you have school the next day. :smallsigh:

Uhm, did you like the comic?
Not as funny as the last one, but then the plot must go on. And the last panel is priceless.

...What do they say about ragtag bands of misfits? :smalltongue:

Asta Kask
2010-02-13, 10:30 AM
Well, I tried putting stink lines on the bomb...

I'm sorry, but it's not working. When I first read the panels I thought he was planning on running away. Stink lines from the bomb? Matt making a disgusting-smell-face? Something like that is needed. Or a thought bubble.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-13, 01:25 PM
I'm sorry, but it's not working. When I first read the panels I thought he was planning on running away. Stink lines from the bomb? Matt making a disgusting-smell-face? Something like that is needed. Or a thought bubble.

Okay. I'll make the edit on the original, and when I get back I'll try to repost it.

It's normally only if I'm reading a book which I just can't put down. It's not a good idea when you have school the next day. :smallsigh:

Not as funny as the last one, but then the plot must go on. And the last panel is priceless.

...What do they say about ragtag bands of misfits? :smalltongue:

Sometimes I've read so much that I forgot to eat. :smalltongue: Luckily I'm a fast reader.

Okay. I'm sure you'll like the next one.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RagtagBunchOfMisfits

Asta Kask
2010-02-13, 01:41 PM
Ok, so Janine's theme song:

I look at you and my blood boils hot, I feel my temperature rise
I want it all, give me what you got, there's hunger in your eyes
I'm gettin' closer, baby hear me breath, ha ha ha
You know the way to give me what I need
Just let me love you and you'll never leave

Feel my heat takin' you higher, burn with me, Heaven's on fire
Paint the sky with desire, angel fly, Heaven's on fire

I got a fever ragin' in my heart, you make me shiver and shake
Baby don't stop, take it to the top, eat it like a piece of cake
You're comin' closer, I can hear you breath, ha ha ha
You drive me crazy when you start to tease
You could bring a devil to his knees

Oho Heaven's on fire, oho Heaven's on fire, oho

(Guitar Solo)

I'm getting closer, baby hear me breathe, ha ha ha

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-13, 01:43 PM
Ok, so Janine's theme song:

I look at you and my blood boils hot, I feel my temperature rise
I want it all, give me what you got, there's hunger in your eyes
I'm gettin' closer, baby hear me breath, ha ha ha

I got a fever ragin' in my heart, you make me shiver and shake
Baby don't stop, take it to the top, eat it like a piece of cake
You're comin' closer, I can hear you breath, ha ha ha
You drive me crazy when you start to tease
You could bring a devil to his knees

Oho Heaven's on fire, oho Heaven's on fire, oho

(Guitar Solo)

I'm getting closer, baby hear me breathe, ha ha ha

*Starts laughing*

Did I tell you that when she was traveling with Radic, 23% of their budget was spent on brothels and spare hotel rooms?:smalltongue:

(Now I want to hear Radic and Matt's! :smallbiggrin: Please?)

Silverraptor
2010-02-13, 01:45 PM
Now were off to the plot!:smallbiggrin:

And ya, you should really make it more obvious that it's a stink bomb.

Asta Kask
2010-02-13, 02:07 PM
(Now I want to hear Radic and Matt's! :smallbiggrin: Please?)

Matt is difficult, because rogues don't generally attract much attention from the rock'n'roll crowd. So I'll go with the easy route:

I work all night, I work all day, to pay the bills I have to pay
Ain't it sad
And still there never seems to be a single penny left for me
That's too bad
In my dreams I have a plan
If I got me a wealthy man
I wouldn't have to work at all, I'd fool around and have a ball

Money, money, money
Must be funny
In the rich man's world
Money, money, money
Always sunny
In the rich man's world
Aha -ahaaa
All the things I could do
If I had a little money
It's a rich man's world

A man like that is hard to find but I can't get him off my mind
Ain't it sad
And if he happens to be free I bet he wouldn't fancy me
That's too bad
So I must leave, I'll have to go
To Las Vegas or Monaco
And win a fortune in a game, my life will never be the same

It's a rich man's world...

Money, money, money
Must be funny
In the rich man's world
Money, money, money
Always sunny
In the rich man's world
Aha -ahaaa
All the things I could do
If I had a little money
It's a rich man's world
It's a rich man's world

But honestly, we know so little about Matt yet (and I fully understand why this is, so it's no criticism) that it's difficult to figure out a good song. For instance, if he's tougher and more streetwise than we have seen so far, then this may be a good fit:

I'm a creature of the street
And I rip off all the money
I was kicked in the teeth
Shoved face first through a window
I got a gangland name
And a teardrop tattooed eye
They call me Little Caesar in the brotherhood of crime
I know about the pain
Dyin' in an alley with an
air-conditioned brain
I know, it's for real
Flatlined in an ambulance
Without a pulse to feel

Hey blood brother, you're one of our own
You're as sharp as a razor
And as hard as a stone
Hey blood brother, you're bad to the bone
You're a natural killer
In a bad place alone

They call me Smoky Joe
And I'm as thin as a coroner's needle
I got a pocket full of rocks
Man, I shake like a cold chihuahua
I got a runny nose
And a road map on my arm
I blew my gig pokin' 'round the gallery
With someone else's rig
I know, I understand
I watch my body hauled off
By the local garbage man

Hey blood brother, you're one of our own
You're as sharp as a razor
And as hard as a stone
Hey blood brother, you're bad to the bone
You're a natural killer
In a bad place alone

We're cool, we're cold
We're stiff, we're tagged
We're slabbed, we're croaked
We're whacked, we're cracked
We're smoked and cured and
slammed and slurred and
sliced and diced and put on ice
Cooked and stewed and badly brewed
And splattered once or twice

This is a considerably darker Matt, closer to e.g. Gavroche in Les Miserables.

Radic? I'll have to look for a while; I can't think of any nature-oriented lyrics right now. I won't go to Pink Floyd for it, that much I know... :smallsmile:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-13, 02:21 PM
Hehe, thanks.

I won't say much about Matt, or any of the characters, but I will say this: Right now, they are in Salix Forest, in the city-state of Roihu, which is part of the Kyare Federation.

Matt was born in Tobeem. (A country to the north.)

Asta Kask
2010-02-13, 02:48 PM
*consults GURPS Celtic Myths*

According to the ancient Druids, willow (Saille) is associated with the feminine aspect, death, the moon, and female spellcasters. It is the patron of all water spells that are favorable to water, rather than controlling it.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-13, 02:51 PM
*consults GURPS Celtic Myths*

According to the ancient Druids, willow (Saille) is associated with the feminine aspect, death, the moon, and female spellcasters. It is the patron of all water spells that are favorable to water, rather than controlling it.

Well, I didn't know that.

Asta Kask
2010-02-13, 03:08 PM
Well, I didn't know that.

All you ever wanted to know (http://www.dutchie.org/Tracy/tree.html) about Celtic Tree Lore. After all, Radic is a druid...

Dark Faun
2010-02-13, 04:14 PM
I agree with Asta Kask; I didn't even know Matt was holding anything before you mentioned the stink bomb.

Zanaril
2010-02-13, 04:16 PM
I agree with Asta Kask; I didn't even know Matt was holding anything before you mentioned the stink bomb.

Maybe you should do a close up of his hand holding the stink bomb, with a label on it?

Asta Kask
2010-02-14, 08:10 AM
Ok, the best I can do for Radic...

You think I'm an ignorant savage
And you've been so many places
I guess it must be so
But still I cannot see
If the savage one is me
How can there be so much that you don't know?
You don't know ...

You think you own whatever land you land on
The Earth is just a dead thing you can claim
But I know every rock and tree and creature
Has a life, has a spirit, has a name

You think the only people who are people
Are the people who look and think like you
But if you walk the footsteps of a stranger
You'll learn things you never knew you never knew

Have you ever heard the wolf cry to the blue corn moon
Or asked the grinning bobcat why he grinned?
Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains?
Can you paint with all the colors of the wind?
Can you paint with all the colors of the wind?

Come run the hidden pine trails of the forest
Come taste the sunsweet berries of the Earth
Come roll in all the riches all around you
And for once, never wonder what they're worth

The rainstorm and the river are my brothers
The heron and the otter are my friends
And we are all connected to each other
In a circle, in a hoop that never ends

How high will the sycamore grow?
If you cut it down, then you'll never know
And you'll never hear the wolf cry to the blue corn moon

For whether we are white or copper skinned
We need to sing with all the voices of the mountains
We need to paint with all the colors of the wind

You can own the Earth and still
All you'll own is Earth until
You can paint with all the colors of the wind

Did I tell you that when she was traveling with Radic, 23% of their budget was spent on brothels and spare hotel rooms?:smalltongue:

Errr.... women typically do not have to pay for sex, except with their self-esteem. That's one of the advantages of being a woman.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-15, 09:04 PM
Hehe, nice.

But you know what's more appropriate for Matt?

[HYSTERIUM]
I'm calm,
I'm calm,
I'm perfectly calm,
I'm utterly under control.
I haven't a worry:
Where others would hurry I stroll.
I'm calm,
I'm cool,
A gibbering fool
Is something I never become.
When thunder is rumbling
And others are crumbling,
I hum.
Hm--hmmm--hmmmmm!!!!!
HMMMMM!!!!
H-M-M-M!!!!

I must think calm comforting things,
Butterfly wings,
Emerald rings,
Or a murmuring brook,
Murmuring, murmuring, murmuring...look,
I'm calm,
I'm calm,
I haven't a qualm,
I'm utterly under control.
Let nothing confuse me
Or faze me-- [yawn] --
Excuse me.
I'm calm.
Oh so calm.
Oh so--

[PSEUDOLUS (offstage):]
Hysterium!

[HYSTERIUM]
I'm calm,
I'm calm,
I'm perfectly calm,
Indifferent to tensions and shocks.
Unruffled and ready,
My nerves are as steady
As rocks.
I'm calm, controlled,
So cool that I'm cold,
Aloofer than any giraffe.
When something's the matter,
Where others would shatter
I laugh. [Laughs hysterically]
I must breathe deep, ever so deep,
Think about sheep
Going to sleep,
Stop and count up to ten, 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9...when
You need aplomb
And want to be calm
'Cause life is a horrible dream,
Just count up to ten
Very slowly, and then--

[PSEUDOLUS (offstage):]
Hysterium!

[HYSTERIUM]
[screams]

Asta Kask
2010-02-16, 07:10 AM
Or even this:

I am the man who walks alone
And when I'm walking a dark road
At night or strolling through the park

When the light begins to change
I sometimes feel a little strange
A little anxious when it's dark

Fear of the dark, fear of the dark
I have constant fear that something's
always near
I have a phobia that someone's
always there

Have you run your fingers down
the wall
And have you felt your neck skin crawl
When you're searching for the light?
Sometimes when you're scared
to take a look
At the corner of the room
You've sensed that something's
watching you

Have you ever been alone at night
Thought you heard footsteps behind
And turned around and no one's there?
And as you quicken up your pace
You find it hard to look again
Because you're sure there's
someone there

Watching horror films the night before
Debating witches and folklore
The unknown troubles on your mind
I know your mind is playing tricks
You sense, and suddenly eyes fix
On dancing shadows from behind

always near
always there
always near
always there

When I'm walking a dark road

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-16, 08:35 AM
Or even this:

And when I'm walking a dark road
At night or strolling through the park

When the light begins to change
I sometimes feel a little strange
A little anxious when it's dark

always near
always there

Have you run your fingers down
the wall
And have you felt your neck skin crawl
When you're searching for the light?
Sometimes when you're scared
to take a look
At the corner of the room
You've sensed that something's
watching you

Have you ever been alone at night
Thought you heard footsteps behind
And turned around and no one's there?
And as you quicken up your pace
You find it hard to look again
Because you're sure there's
someone there

Watching horror films the night before
Debating witches and folklore
The unknown troubles on your mind
I know your mind is playing tricks
You sense, and suddenly eyes fix
On dancing shadows from behind

always near
always there
always near
always there

When I'm walking a dark road

Ehh...Not so much, sorry.

Dark Faun
2010-02-16, 03:52 PM
I forgot to say I loved Janine's comment in the first panel. :smallbiggrin:

Not used to refusal, is she? :smallamused:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-16, 04:11 PM
I forgot to say I loved Janine's comment in the first panel. :smallbiggrin:

Not used to refusal, is she? :smallamused:

Nope, not at all. :smallamused:

Asta Kask
2010-02-16, 04:14 PM
Are you back? How was your trip? How was the Vermonster?

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-16, 04:25 PM
Are you back? How was your trip? How was the Vermonster?

No, I won't be back until tomorrow. I got some time on my parents' computer though.

I'm enjoying the trip. I'm applying to Brown for sure.

Couldn't get the Vermonster. :smallannoyed: :smallfrown:

Asta Kask
2010-02-16, 04:30 PM
No, I won't be back until tomorrow. I got some time on my parents' computer though.

I'm enjoying the trip. I'm applying to Brown for sure.

Couldn't get the Vermonster. :smallannoyed: :smallfrown:

Brown College? Brown University? Brown what? Give me something to Wikipedia!

Sorry about the Vermonster.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-16, 04:33 PM
Brown College? Brown University? Brown what? Give me something to Wikipedia!

Sorry about the Vermonster.

Brown university!

It's okay.

Asta Kask
2010-02-16, 04:45 PM
An Ivy League University must be a place to train druids. Right? :smallsmile:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-16, 04:52 PM
An Ivy League University must be a place to train druids. Right? :smallsmile:

Maybe...:smallwink:

(I'm sure Radic would be an alumnus of one of them then; she's pretty smart. :smalltongue:)

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-17, 07:14 PM
I promised! Updates today AND Friday! Enjoy, and you know how much I love that criticism!

#19: Kid In A Candy Shop
http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac294/caffeineincluded/KidInACandyShop.png

Aaron
2010-02-17, 08:28 PM
*jawdrop* :smalleek:

Whhhhhhhayyyy to easy Lloyd. Look behind you. :smalltongue::smallwink:

Matt is a true Rogue. He loves treasure. :smallbiggrin:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-17, 08:35 PM

Matt is a true Rouge. He loves treasure. :smallbiggrin:

Matt Silver finally had something good happen to them. He has just doomed them all. :smallamused:

Silverraptor
2010-02-17, 08:54 PM

Matt is a true Rouge. He loves treasure. :smallbiggrin:

Assuming you are not refering to cosmetics applied to cheeks, I believe you meant to say Rogue.

Dark Faun
2010-02-17, 10:01 PM
Criticism: if you meant the gold pieces to be those used by humans, they are far too big. Yes, those in OotS are bigger than your average coin (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0187.html), but it's less flagrant. The shadow also feels out of place when the party members don't have shadows themselves. The background changing between the fifth and last panel when the camera didn't bulge is a little jarring as well. Speaking of this background, the top of one of the tree above the hoard in the fifth panel is blurred.

You know what this hoard makes me think about? A dragon coating all of his treasure with instant poison deadly to all but dragons... :smallamused:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-17, 10:05 PM
Criticism: if you meant the gold pieces to be those used by humans, they are far too big. Yes, those in OotS are bigger than your average coin (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0187.html), but it's less flagrant. The shadow also feels out of place when the party members don't have shadows themselves. The background changing between the fifth and last panel when the camera didn't bulge is a little jarring as well. Speaking of this background, the top of one of the tree above the hoard in the fifth panel is blurred.

You know what this hoard makes me think about? A dragon coating all of his treasure with instant poison deadly to all but dragons... :smallamused:

Ah, whoops. I'll shrink the coins in the next comic. (Also, it's meant to signify that it's a BIG hoard.)

Whoops to the blur again. That was Inkscape's fault.

Rich has the background change too. And the occasional shadow.

But thank you. *Writes down comments for later use*

Dark Faun
2010-02-17, 10:14 PM
I know Rich Burlew uses these. I don't mind the different background because it's a style like any other, but I still find it jarring, though you have to keep in mind it's only my opinion. As for the shadows, they were used only once because of the Weary Travelers inn catching fire and it was foreshadowed earlier with the discussion between the Shadowdancer and his lascivious companion. Compared to that, the shadow in this comic looks random and out of place.

And shrink the coins in this comic, you lazy you. :smallwink:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-17, 10:16 PM
I know Rich Burlew uses these. I don't mind the different background because it's a style like any other, but I still find it jarring, though you have to keep in mind it's only my opinion. As for the shadows, they were used only once because of the Weary Travelers inn catching fire and it was foreshadowed earlier with the discussion between the Shadowdancer and his lascivious companion. Compared to that, the shadow in this comic looks random and out of place.

And shrink the coins in this comic, you lazy you. :smallwink:

Well, I probably won't do the shadow thing again.

Uhm...It's symbolic? :smalltongue:

Dark Faun
2010-02-17, 10:22 PM
I'd actually wait for other opinions about the shadow before deciding to ditch it. I don't actually know the first thing about storytelling or comic-making, after all. Yours is the only fancomic I read besides Anti-Heroes, but I'm sure there are enough readers here with their own comic who can give more fitting advice.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-17, 10:23 PM
I'd actually wait for other opinions about the shadow before deciding to ditch it. I don't actually know the first thing about storytelling or comic-making, after all. Yours is the only fancomic I read besides Anti-Heroes, but I'm sure there are enough readers here with their own comic who can give more fitting advice.

No, I was only planning to use it a few times beforehand anyway.

And really? :smallredface:

Dark Faun
2010-02-17, 10:29 PM
And really? :smallredface:
If you're talking about your comic being the only I read besides Anti-Heroes, yes.

I actually wanted to make something for the current Iron Avatarist context about Anti-Heroes (because it needs fanart love too), but I'm all out of will to do anything with Inkscape even if the idea's in my mind since the second I learned its subject. The same is happening with your comic, too, unfortunately.

Anyway, it kinda makes me laugh to see Radic so happy about all this gold. A druid shouldn't care about material wealth. :smallwink:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-17, 10:34 PM
If you're talking about your comic being the only I read besides Anti-Heroes, yes.

I actually wanted to make something for the current Iron Avatarist context about Anti-Heroes (because it needs fanart love too), but I'm all out of will to do anything with Inkscape even if the idea's in my mind since the second I learned its subject. The same is happening with your comic, too, unfortunately.

Anyway, it kinda makes me laugh to see Radic so happy about all this gold. A druid shouldn't care about material wealth. :smallwink:

Oh, sorry...:smallfrown: Any way I could help?

Yeah, it's pretty funny too. Though that's more of a "Woah" smile than a "Treasure Time! Treasure Time!" grin.

Then again, Radic, she's... :smallamused: Radic's family is RICH.

Silverraptor
2010-02-17, 10:49 PM

Awww...:smallfrown: You haven't read mine?:smallfrown:

Aaron
2010-02-17, 11:25 PM
Matt Silver finally had something good happen to them. He has just doomed them all. :smallamused:

As Elan would say: :elan: Dun dun dun DUNNNNNNNNNN!!!!

Assuming you are not refering to cosmetics applied to cheeks, I believe you meant to say Rogue.

I have no idea what you're talking about. :smalltongue: edit? I certainly didn't edit. :smallredface:

Asta Kask
2010-02-18, 02:15 AM
I promised! Updates today AND Friday! Enjoy, and you know how much I love that criticism!

#19: Kid In A Candy Shop
*snip*

Hmm... I have a bad feeling about this.

Shoulder pads? Shoulder pads.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-18, 07:26 AM
Hmm... I have a bad feeling about this.

Shoulder pads? Shoulder pads.

What about shoulder pads?

Asta Kask
2010-02-18, 07:59 AM
Shoulder pads = badass. (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ShouldersOfDoom) Have you seen Space Marines?

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-18, 08:01 AM
Shoulder pads = badass. (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ShouldersOfDoom) Have you seen Space Marines?

The shoulder pads on Lloyd or the "Shoulder pads" on the shadow?

Because on the shadow, those aren't shoulder pads. Those are wings. :smallamused:

Asta Kask
2010-02-18, 08:06 AM
The shoulder pads on Lloyd or the "Shoulder pads" on the shadow?

Because on the shadow, those aren't shoulder pads. Those are wings. :smallamused:

Now that's a problem, isn't it? None of the characters are big on ranged combat, and they haven't got a wizard... bad balancing of the party there, guys.

This could be fun. And yes, this is the only fancomic I read too.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-18, 08:07 AM
Now that's a problem, isn't it? None of the characters are big on ranged combat, and they haven't got a wizard... bad balancing of the party there, guys.

This could be fun. And yes, this is the only fancomic I read too.

Well, Matt does have a bow...And Radic's a druid...

But yes. This is going to be fun. :smallamused:

Dark Faun
2010-02-18, 08:10 AM
I hope Janine won't suddenly discover she's a dracophile.

Though this may get them out of this sticky situation.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-18, 08:11 AM
I hope Janine won't suddenly discover she's a dracophile.

Though this may get them out of this sticky situation.

But what if it's a human with wings? :smallamused:

Janine: I've never laid a DRAGON before!

Asta Kask
2010-02-18, 08:24 AM
Yes... I can imagine someone reviewing Janine's CV.

"Excuse me ma'm, you've made a spelling error."

"Where?"

"Well, it says something about all the monsters you've lain. You do mean slain, don't you?"

"No."

"..."

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-18, 08:26 AM
Yes... I can imagine someone reviewing Janine's CV.

"Excuse me ma'm, you've made a spelling error."

"Where?"

"Well, it says something about all the monsters you've lain. You do mean slain, don't you?"

"No."

"..."

Janine, Janine, Janine... :smalltongue:

What does CV mean? Is that a resume?

(And now when I'm channeling the characters, I'm tempted to make smilies for them, but I'm afraid that will seem vain.)

Dark Faun
2010-02-18, 08:37 AM
It could be interpreted as you considering yourself an equal of Rich Burlew since the only character smilies on this site are about his work, yes.

A CV (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curriculum_vitae).

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-18, 08:39 AM
It could be interpreted as you considering yourself an equal of Rich Burlew since the only character smilies on this site are about his work, yes.

A CV (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curriculum_vitae).

Okay. Sorry. You know I never mean to sound (Or be) vain/arrogant/stuck up...

Asta Kask
2010-02-18, 08:42 AM
Janine, Janine, Janine... :smalltongue:

What does CV mean? Is that a resume?

(And now when I'm channeling the characters, I'm tempted to make smilies for them, but I'm afraid that will seem vain.)

Curriculum Vitae. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curriculum_vitae) Learn all about it, you'll be writing one sooner or later.

I'd love smilies for them. Vain? The world needs a little vanity now and then.

So, 9 AM in New York. School still closed from snow?

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-18, 08:55 AM
Curriculum Vitae. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curriculum_vitae) Learn all about it, you'll be writing one sooner or later.

I'd love smilies for them. Vain? The world needs a little vanity now and then.

So, 9 AM in New York. School still closed from snow?

Thanks. I feel stupid now.

Nope, we've got the week off for vacation! :smallbiggrin:

Asta Kask
2010-02-18, 09:47 AM
Thanks. I feel stupid now.

Nope, we've got the week off for vacation! :smallbiggrin:

Just remember what Mrs. Garrison says: "There are no stupid questions, only stupid people." :smallsmile:

I'm beginning to wonder about Lloyd's motivation here. He says he's out to slay the dragon, but he seems to regard the job as done once he finds the hoard... :smallbiggrin: Poor Lloyd, always chasing the dragon...

February vacation? We have that in Sweden - it's called sportlov (sport is the same, lov is vacation). Traditionally, people go to the mountains for breaking their legs skiing, if they can afford it. Otherwise, we have plenty of snow around here. :smallmad: It was originally introduced as a money-saving measure - you could close the schools and save on heating bills.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-18, 09:54 AM
Just remember what Mrs. Garrison says: "There are no stupid questions, only stupid people." :smallsmile:

I'm beginning to wonder about Lloyd's motivation here. He says he's out to slay the dragon, but he seems to regard the job as done once he finds the hoard... :smallbiggrin: Poor Lloyd, always chasing the dragon...

February vacation? We have that in Sweden - it's called sportlov (sport is the same, lov is vacation). Traditionally, people go to the mountains for breaking their legs skiing, if they can afford it. Otherwise, we have plenty of snow around here. :smallmad: It was originally introduced as a money-saving measure - you could close the schools and save on heating bills.

No, his job is to slay the dragon that's menacing their town.

He said that if they can't track down the dragon by using a shed scale, then they can track down the dragon by using its hoard.

Presidents' week.

Asta Kask
2010-02-18, 10:06 AM
Hmm... interesting. I don't think we have any holidays like that. Not to honor individuals. We celebrate the king's birthday (well, some of us do...) but there's no work for the simple reason that it's also Walpurgis.

As for smileys - take it up with Roland. I think it's a great idea, and someone has to be the first to suggest it. Now, the mods may not like it, because everyone would want their own smileys and it could become impossible to handle, but... go for it! It's not vain, it's showing pride in your work, and I think you deserve to be proud of it.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-18, 10:14 AM
Hmm... interesting. I don't think we have any holidays like that. Not to honor individuals. We celebrate the king's birthday (well, some of us do...) but there's no work for the simple reason that it's also Walpurgis.

As for smileys - take it up with Roland. I think it's a great idea, and someone has to be the first to suggest it. Now, the mods may not like it, because everyone would want their own smileys and it could become impossible to handle, but... go for it! It's not vain, it's showing pride in your work, and I think you deserve to be proud of it.

Walpurgis?

Well, now it's mainly used for a week off and to sell cars. :smallannoyed: But I digress.

I'll wait until this comic gets a bit bigger, actually.

Maybe once they get to Laria...

Silverraptor
2010-02-18, 10:18 AM
Awww... so no one reads my comic.:smallfrown: I really need to find time to actually finish that damn update.:smallsigh:

Asta Kask
2010-02-18, 10:24 AM
Walpurgis?

It's a spring festival that become Christianized to celebrate Saint Walpurga(? something like that). We have large bonfires and drink a lot and there's much impromptu sex happening. Same as the celtic Beltane, basically. We also have a day off on May 1st, when some go in large public demonstration, some nurse their hangovers, and some do both.

Laria? Does she have huge boobs tracts of land?

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-18, 10:26 AM
It's a spring festival that become Christianized to celebrate Saint Walpurga(? something like that). We have large bonfires and drink a lot and there's much impromptu sex happening. Same as the celtic Beltane, basically. We also have a day off on May 1st, when some go in large public demonstration, some nurse their hangovers, and some do both.

Laria? Does she have huge boobs tracts of land?

Hm. I have no idea who that is.

...Laria's a country.

Don't be upset, Silverraptor! I read your comic!

Asta Kask
2010-02-18, 10:36 AM
Hm. I have no idea who that is.

Beltane is another spring festival, Gaelic this time. Let's celebrate nature by piling as much of it as possible into a large heap and set fire to it. St. Walpurga is apparently the patron saint of people who have rabies.

(Although bonfire originally means bone-fire - after you had slaughtered all but the bare minimum of animals during the autumn festival, you took the bones and set fire to them.)

You can read more about Walpurgis Night (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walpurgis_Night) here.

The four major Gaelic festivals (if you want to know about it for Radic - would be a nice bit of flavor) were Samhain (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samhain), Imbolc (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imbolc), Beltain (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beltain), and Lughnasa (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lughnasa).

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-18, 10:44 AM
Beltane is another spring festival, Gaelic this time. Let's celebrate nature by piling as much of it as possible into a large heap and set fire to it. St. Walpurga is apparently the patron saint of people who have rabies.

(Although bonfire originally means bone-fire - after you had slaughtered all but the bare minimum of animals during the autumn festival, you took the bones and set fire to them.)

You can read more about Walpurgis Night (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walpurgis_Night) here.

The four major Gaelic festivals (if you want to know about it for Radic - would be a nice bit of flavor) were Samhain (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samhain), Imbolc (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imbolc), Beltain (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beltain), and Lughnasa (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lughnasa).

Ah, thanks!

Radic wouldn't know about it, but it would be useful in other applications...

Zanaril
2010-02-18, 11:47 AM

I don't see why not. If I wasn't so lazy, I'd make some OC smilies for the Crack pairing thread. I think PtGG has it's own smilies... although that might not have been on this forum. It's not like you'd be putting extra strain on the forum or forcing people to use them.

Anyway, nice comic. I get what you were doing with the last panel, although it might have worked better if you moved everyone along to the right, left a space, and then had the shadow on the ground coming from off-panel...

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-18, 11:53 AM
I don't see why not. If I wasn't so lazy, I'd make some OC smilies for the Crack pairing thread. I think PtGG has it's own smilies... although that might not have been on this forum. It's not like you'd be putting extra strain on the forum or forcing people to use them.

Anyway, nice comic. I get what you were doing with the last panel, although it might have worked better if you moved everyone along to the right, left a space, and then had the shadow on the ground coming from off-panel...

Once they get past a certain...Checkpoint, I'll post them.

Thanks. I was thinking of that too...

dragongirl13
2010-02-18, 12:02 PM
Hmm... that "dragon" looks less like a dragon and more like a humanoid with wings and spikes on its head... Half-Dragon? That would also explain the unorthodox tactic of sneaking up behind them, since although dragons do sometimes deviate from the normal alignment for their type, half-dragons are more likely to do so.

If it's a full dragon, though, they're pretty screwed, considering Young Adult is the stage of a dragon's life when it gets Damage Reduction and Spell Resistance. Heck, even if it's a half-dragon they're pretty screwed... class levels.

Then again, I guess they're kind of screwed anyway by virtue of living in a comic based around Murphy's law. And it's funny to see adventurers in bad situations.

Can't wait for the next comic. And I would very much like the character smileys!

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-18, 12:22 PM
Hmm... that "dragon" looks less like a dragon and more like a humanoid with wings and spikes on its head... Half-Dragon? That would also explain the unorthodox tactic of sneaking up behind them, since although dragons do sometimes deviate from the normal alignment for their type, half-dragons are more likely to do so.

If it's a full dragon, though, they're pretty screwed, considering Young Adult is the stage of a dragon's life when it gets Damage Reduction and Spell Resistance. Heck, even if it's a half-dragon they're pretty screwed... class levels.

Then again, I guess they're kind of screwed anyway by virtue of living in a comic based around Murphy's law. And it's funny to see adventurers in bad situations.

Can't wait for the next comic. And I would very much like the character smileys!

*Starts laughing*

You got it. This'll be fun.

Aaron
2010-02-18, 03:32 PM
Awww... so no one reads my comic.:smallfrown: I really need to find time to actually finish that damn update.:smallsigh:

I read your comic, Silverraptor. I like it. :smallsmile: Now we just need NamonakiRei to come back on the forums more often, it'll all be good.

*Starts laughing*

Wow! That guess is what mine was also. Half-Dragons, they are sooooo badass! :smallbiggrin:

Asta Kask
2010-02-18, 03:41 PM
*Starts laughing*

For a given definition of fun, I suppose. Never trust a grinning DM...

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-18, 03:44 PM
For a given definition of fun, I suppose. Never trust a grinning DM...

A grinning DM, with a character who is a cosmic plaything, in a comic called Murphy's Law...

Aaron
2010-02-18, 03:46 PM
A grinning DM, with a character who is a cosmic plaything, in a comic called Murphy's Law...

:smalleek:...I hope you're refering to Janine...

Asta Kask
2010-02-18, 04:15 PM
Janine doesn't play with anyone except herself at the moment. That's what bothering her.

Grim ranger
2010-02-18, 04:16 PM
Janine doesn't play with anyone except herself at the moment. That's what bothering her.

Well, given her mindset... :smalltongue:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-18, 04:21 PM

Imagine Janine in a few weeks months, if Lloyd keeps refusing her advances... :smallamused: :smalleek:

...I hope you're refering to Janine...

...You haven't realized at this point that Matt's the punching bag of the universe? Do I have to drop another weasel down his pants to prove this point?

Matt: No! No! That's quite unnecessary!!!

Grim ranger
2010-02-18, 04:26 PM
Imagine Janine in a few weeks months, if Lloyd keeps refusing her advances... :smallamused: :smalleek:

The mental image is both very disturbing and very propable... let's just hope he sees some sense and has someone cast sleep on her every few hours until her old age :smalltongue:

Asta Kask
2010-02-18, 04:27 PM
Imagine Janine in a few weeks months, if Lloyd keeps refusing her advances... :smallamused: :smalleek

I think we'll have spontaneous human combustion. Could be messy.

Are there any mind-control spells she could get?

dragongirl13
2010-02-18, 04:28 PM
Half-Dragons, they are sooooo badass! :smallbiggrin:

Total agreement. Half-dragons RULE.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-18, 04:28 PM
The mental image is both very disturbing and very propable... let's just hope he sees some sense and has someone cast sleep on her every few hours until her old age :smalltongue:

Uhhh...They don't have a bard/wizard/sorcerer in the party... :smalleek:

Grim ranger
2010-02-18, 04:30 PM
Uhhh...They don't have a bard/wizard/sorcerer in the party... :smalleek:

I said someone. That includes casters who would be specifically hired for the job. Maybe it would be much trouble, but with danger scale like this the precautions are propably justified :smalltongue:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-18, 04:33 PM
I said someone. That includes casters who would be specifically hired for the job. Maybe it would be much trouble, but with danger scale like this the precautions are propably justified :smalltongue:

But Radic's there to control her. And Janine won't do anything illegal...

Grim ranger
2010-02-18, 04:36 PM
But Radic's there to control her. And Janine won't do anything illegal...

She has done a great job at that so far [snarking mode active]

And not do anything illegal? Whoo, that still leaves a lot of room for...unfourtunate situations :smalltongue:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-18, 04:40 PM
She has done a great job at that so far [snarking mode active]

And not do anything illegal? Whoo, that still leaves a lot of room for...unfourtunate situations :smalltongue:

You got that right. :smallamused:

Aaron
2010-02-18, 06:26 PM

Perish the thought. :smallamused:

...You haven't realized at this point that Matt's the punching bag of the universe? Do I have to drop another weasel down his pants to prove this point?

Matt: No! No! That's quite unnecessary!!!

Of coarse I've realized that. :smalltongue: I just like messing with people's brains. :smallbiggrin:

edit: But another weasel and Matt episode would still be funny. :smallbiggrin::smalltongue:

Asta Kask
2010-02-19, 10:02 AM
I wonder what would happen if Lloyd and Roy met. I envision long, long hours of shared commiseration and a large keg of ale. Oh, and Janine inviting Elan and Haley to a threesome.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-19, 10:14 AM
I wonder what would happen if Lloyd and Roy met. I envision long, long hours of shared commiseration and a large keg of ale. Oh, and Janine inviting Elan and Haley to a threesome.

Remember what I said about how much I love crack pairings? :smallbiggrin:

I'll start the comic in about an hour or so.

Asta Kask
2010-02-19, 10:31 AM
Roy x Lloyd? And Janine saying "So that's why he doesn't want me."?

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-19, 10:36 AM
Roy x Lloyd? And Janine saying "So that's why he doesn't want me."?

:smallbiggrin: That would be a hilarious crack pairing.

Aaron
2010-02-19, 11:44 AM
:smallbiggrin: That would be a hilarious crack pairing.

To the Crack Pairings Thread! :smallbiggrin:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-19, 03:43 PM
Da-da-da-DAAAHHH! Here's Number 20! *Eagerly prepares for discussion*

Sorry for the smallish text...

#20: He Really Should Know The Answer To This By Now
http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac294/caffeineincluded/HeReallyShouldKnowTheAnswerToThisBy.png

Asta Kask
2010-02-19, 03:52 PM
On the other hand, he does have vampire fangs. Hmm... dragon vampire... dual-wielding sickles... hmm... dragon vampire ranger...

Matt probably got off best, though, since he has evasion. Shouldn't the other three have wounds on their bodies? Otherwise it's all good. And Matt, never tell a dragon it has no love-life. It doesn't make things better. Ask Closak.

Coffee, what did you think of my love poem in the Crack thread?

Dark Faun
2010-02-19, 03:55 PM
Dragons are Arcana? And what did the dragon breathe? :smallconfused:

I wonder whether Matt's comment about getting some is ironic or not... :smallamused: It puts his Wis somewhere around 5, though.

And I like how sharp the dragon's claws look.

Asta Kask
2010-02-19, 04:01 PM

Green dragons breathe acid. Apparently they have really bad breath.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-19, 04:02 PM
On the other hand, he does have vampire fangs. Hmm... dragon vampire... dual-wielding sickles... hmm... dragon vampire ranger...

Matt probably got off best, though, since he has evasion. Shouldn't the other three have wounds on their bodies? Otherwise it's all good. And Matt, never tell a dragon it has no love-life. It doesn't make things better. Ask Closak.

Actually, that's my style of drawing fangs.

The dragon was really pissed off at that and the acid breath was a wild shot.

(And I did like it)

I wonder whether Matt's comment about getting some is ironic or not... :smallamused: It puts his Wis somewhere around 5, though.

And I like how sharp the dragon's claws look.

Dragons are Arcana, as are all magical beasts. And that was acid breath.
Not, it's not. :smallamused:

Matt DOES have a Wisdom score penalty...:smallamused:

Thank you.

Dark Faun
2010-02-19, 04:05 PM
Given Matt's luck I must ask: was he consenting? :smallamused:

Green dragons breathe acid. Apparently they have really bad breath.
This must be a really, really weak acid since the team is unscathed. This is why I'm asking what it was in the first place. It did no damage.

Asta Kask
2010-02-19, 04:06 PM
Dragons are Arcana, as are all magical beasts. And that was acid breath.

Nitpick: Dragons are not magical beasts, they are Dragons. They are covered by Knowledge (Arcana) though. This is why they need a wizard (oh, and the fireballs).

This must be a really, really weak acid since the team is unscathed. This is why I'm asking what it was in the first place. It did no damage.

Yeah, that needs to be fixed. They should have taken a lot of damage, except possibly (probably) Matt. But I expect it will all sort itself out. Or this was a hint of some murky secret of the dragon. Perhaps it gurgles with Listerine?

Consentant???

Aaron
2010-02-19, 04:09 PM
The dragon was really pissed off at that and the acid breath was a wild shot.

Well, that explains it then. Great comic, Coffee. :smallsmile: *eagerly waits for the fight to begin*

Matt DOES have a Wisdom score penalty...:smallamused:

Just not as much as Belkar. :smalltongue:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-19, 04:14 PM
Nitpick: Dragons are not magical beasts, they are Dragons. They are covered by Knowledge (Arcana) though. This is why they need a wizard (oh, and the fireballs).

Yeah, that needs to be fixed. They should have taken a lot of damage, except possibly (probably) Matt. But I expect it will all sort itself out. Or this was a hint of some murky secret of the dragon. Perhaps it gurgles with Listerine?

Consentant???

As I said, the dragon was pissed at what Matt said and so the acid breath was a wild shot; he missed.

And I know that dragons are dragons. :smalltongue:

Discord, I do have standards. Yes, it was.

Asta Kask
2010-02-19, 04:18 PM
As I said, the dragon was pissed at what Matt said and so the acid breath was a wild shot; he missed.

A dragon's breath weapon isn't like that in D&D. There's no hit roll, so you don't miss. Think of it more as a flamethrower or a grenade going off - everything in it's path is scorched (bar Evasion).

Don't get me wrong - I like the comic. But this isn't straight by D&D rules (OTOH I think those rules are a mite silly, so... :smallsmile:)

Dark Faun
Coffee, Water-Smurf advises you. This makes me obligated to expect rape to have happened at least twice to each character before they hit adulthood.

Also, this being a 2D comic, it's really difficult to think "he missed" instead of "why aren't they wounded?"

Consentant???
I meant consenting. Fixed.

Aaron

But Matt still "Really Should Know The Answer To This By Now." The Gods of phisics are teamed up against him. :smalltongue::smallamused:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-19, 04:20 PM
A dragon's breath weapon isn't like that in D&D. There's no hit roll, so you don't miss. Think of it more as a flamethrower or a grenade going off - everything in it's path is scorched (bar Evasion).

Don't get me wrong - I like the comic. But this isn't straight by D&D rules (OTOH I think those rules are a mite silly, so... :smallsmile:)

And where in the rules does it say that a Young Adult Green Dragon can take human form, but still has wings, fangs, and green hair? :smallwink:

Coffee, Water-Smurf advises you. This makes me obligated to expect rape to have happened at least twice to each character before they hit adulthood.

Short answer: No.

Long Answer: Uh...NO.

CrimsonAngel
2010-02-19, 04:22 PM
I enjoy this comic alot. :smallsmile:

Asta Kask
2010-02-19, 04:28 PM
And where in the rules does it say that a Young Adult Green Dragon can take human form, but still has wings, fangs, and green hair? :smallwink:

Excellent. I'm becoming more and more convinced that you'd like GURPS better.

*rubs hands together*

Aaron
2010-02-19, 04:31 PM

It doesn't, of coarse. :smallwink: Great comeback! With a little magic, anything is possible. :smallbiggrin: Just don't read too deep into that.:smalltongue::smallwink:

John Cribati
2010-02-19, 04:49 PM
Maybe the dragon has lots of levels in wizard or sorcerer?

Also, I didn't initially think the dragon missed. In my mind, it was a warning shot.

Zanaril
2010-02-19, 04:52 PM
I think that's just a general fanfiction thing, actually. :smallannoyed:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-19, 05:00 PM
I think that's just a general fanfiction thing, actually. :smallannoyed:

Which is why I'm not doing that.

Something serious like that? Right now, it has no place in Murphy's Law. It'll feel contrived and I'm currently not confident enough in my own abilities to handle something like that with the weight it deserves.

But did you enjoy this comic?

Zanaril
2010-02-19, 05:03 PM
But did you enjoy this comic?
Yep. Although it might be a good idea to give the dragon's speech bubbles a different colour. It took me a moment to realize who was talking.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-19, 05:12 PM
Yep. Although it might be a good idea to give the dragon's speech bubbles a different colour. It took me a moment to realize who was talking.

You'll see why. :smallamused:

Well, you have seen part of the reason why already.

Evil Mustache
2010-02-19, 07:31 PM
OMG! Will the dragon guy end up being part of the crew?

Or will he die like so many nameless people die in everyday life of adventurers?!?!

I doubt you're going to answer but I had to get it outta my system. :smalltongue:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-19, 09:49 PM
OMG! Will the dragon guy end up being part of the crew?

Or will he die like so many nameless people die in everyday life of adventurers?!?!

I doubt you're going to answer but I had to get it outta my system. :smalltongue:

You do realize that Lloyd's a paladin, right? If he willingly works with an evil-aligned being (And I think "Being part of the party" would count :smalltongue:) then it's Fallsville, Population: Lloyd.

dragongirl13
2010-02-20, 01:11 AM
Da-da-da-DAAAHHH! Here's Number 20! *Eagerly prepares for discussion*

Sorry for the smallish text...

#20: He Really Should Know The Answer To This By Now
http://i909.photobucket.com/albums/ac294/caffeineincluded/HeReallyShouldKnowTheAnswerToThisBy.png

Nice. :smallbiggrin:

Matt, Matt, have you even looked at dragons' stats? The only ability score they have that isn't pushing the roof up by Young Adult phase is Dexterity! 'Course the dragon could have... uh... *barfs* ugh, I think I just Shapeshifting Squicked myself out. But anyway, Matt's comments were very funny.

Dual-wielding sickles? Cool.

Can't wait for next comic. Let the fight begin!

Oh, and I was also glad that the skill deficit was brought up. When fighting dragons, you need Knowledge Arcana!

Asta Kask
2010-02-20, 05:40 AM
You'll see why. :smallamused:

Well, you have seen part of the reason why already.

He is Lloyd's long-lost brother?

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-20, 07:50 AM
Nice. :smallbiggrin:

Matt, Matt, have you even looked at dragons' stats? The only ability score they have that isn't pushing the roof up by Young Adult phase is Dexterity! 'Course the dragon could have... uh... *barfs* ugh, I think I just Shapeshifting Squicked myself out. But anyway, Matt's comments were very funny.

Dual-wielding sickles? Cool.

Can't wait for next comic. Let the fight begin!

Oh, and I was also glad that the skill deficit was brought up. When fighting dragons, you need Knowledge Arcana!

Thank you!

What made you barf?

dragongirl13
2010-02-20, 01:23 PM
Thank you!

What made you barf?

Shapeshifting Squick. The idea of... yeah. To get a half-dragon, a dragon has to shapeshift and... yeeeeeaaah. Squick. :smalleek:

My mind pictures everything that I write. Sometimes it's nice... sometimes it's really not pretty.

Asta Kask
2010-02-20, 01:36 PM
Shapeshifting Squick. The idea of... yeah. To get a half-dragon, a dragon has to shapeshift and... yeeeeeaaah. Squick. :smalleek:

My mind pictures everything that I write. Sometimes it's nice... sometimes it's really not pretty.

It's better than if they don't shapeshift... although Closak would disagree.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-20, 01:57 PM

Ah. *Is very thankful that my mind has a text-to-images off switch*

Asta Kask
2010-02-20, 02:01 PM
For instance, to get a pig Half-Dragon you would switch form to a hillbilly (banjo optional).

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-20, 02:25 PM
For instance, to get a pig Half-Dragon you would switch form to a hillbilly (banjo optional).

...Uh......

dragongirl13
2010-02-20, 02:37 PM

:smalleek:

*twitch*

*twitch*

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-20, 03:00 PM

*twitch*

*twitch*

Think puppies! Cute puppies! And kittens!

Or the awesome dragon fight that's about to start!

Zanaril
2010-02-20, 03:03 PM
And kittens!

Half-dragon half-cat kittens!

...wait. :smalleek:

Asta Kask
2010-02-20, 03:06 PM

*twitch*

*twitch*

My work here is done. :smallbiggrin:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-20, 03:08 PM
My work here is done. :smallbiggrin:

Wait! You forgot the crack pairing!

Asta Kask
2010-02-20, 03:32 PM
Wait! You forgot the crack pairing!

Hillbilly x Pig

or Roy x Lloyd

Because the first one is pretty much going to be

"Come here, Wilbur"

"OOOOOOIIIINK!!!!"

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-20, 03:34 PM
Hillbilly x Pig

or Roy x Lloyd

Because the first one is pretty much going to be

"Come here, Wilbur"

"OOOOOOIIIINK!!!!"

AAAHHHH! My childhood!

You know what's funny? When I was younger, I loved Animaniacs and Rocko's Modern Life, and would watch them all the time.

...In retrospect, that would explain a lot.

Asta Kask
2010-02-20, 03:43 PM
I would have gone with Tammy, but I didn't know... :smallfrown:

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-20, 03:45 PM
I would have gone with Tammy, but I didn't know... :smallfrown:

Relax, that was tongue-in-cheek.

But do you know what I mean with Animaniacs and Rocko's Modern Life?

(And to stay on topic, guess how the battle will go! I've got it all planned out! :smallbiggrin:)

Asta Kask
2010-02-20, 04:02 PM
Relax, that was tongue-in-cheek.

But do you know what I mean with Animaniacs and Rocko's Modern Life?

(And to stay on topic, guess how the battle will go! I've got it all planned out! :smallbiggrin:)

Not really, but I googled it and got some idea. Two children's shows from the days of your youth?

The dragon eats them all and goes to sleep? :smallbiggrin:

Dragons are evil creatures, so Lloyd should be able to lay some smackdown with Smite Evil. Janine can either go Astrid's Might or cast Holy Smite and probably some other spells I can't remember. Radic should really show us some bear-hugs because who wouldn't want to be hugged by Radic. And Matt should stand somewhere where he can sneak attack the dragon - although this might end with his intestines wrapped around him in a festive manner.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-20, 04:07 PM
Not really, but I googled it and got some idea. Two children's shows from the days of your youth?

The dragon eats them all and goes to sleep? :smallbiggrin:

Dragons are evil creatures, so Lloyd should be able to lay some smackdown with Smite Evil. Janine can either go Astrid's Might or cast Holy Smite and probably some other spells I can't remember. Radic should really show us some bear-hugs because who wouldn't want to be hugged by Radic. And Matt should stand somewhere where he can sneak attack the dragon - although this might end with his intestines wrapped around him in a festive manner.

Yes, but they're also the KINGS of Getting Crap Past The Radar. (Which I didn't realize until recently.)

Take a look.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Radar/Animaniacs
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Radar/Ptitleyzvy929g

Regarding Matt and the fight: Just like Christmas lights! :smallbiggrin:

And Matt really wants to be hugged by Radic. :smallamused: Probably not as a bear though.... (Which, knowing his luck...)

Asta Kask
2010-02-20, 04:11 PM
Hmm... I had a friend who worked as a phone sex line operator.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-20, 04:14 PM
Hmm... I had a friend who worked as a phone sex line operator.

Why did I think, "Janine" when I read that?

And what did s/he think? :smalltongue: (This is too good to pass up.)

So, do you think that explains a lot?

Asta Kask
2010-02-20, 04:20 PM
Why did I think, "Janine" when I read that?

And what did s/he think? :smalltongue: (This is too good to pass up.)

So, do you think that explains a lot?

The musing was triggered by the fact that apparently phone sex was present in an episode of Rocky's.

She thought it was mortifying at first, as you can imagine. But it pretty quickly became just another job - you just had to know what sounds to make when.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-20, 04:23 PM
The musing was triggered by the fact that apparently phone sex was present in an episode of Rocky's.

She thought it was mortifying at first, as you can imagine. But it pretty quickly became just another job - you just had to know what sounds to make when.

No, I mean does the fact that I liked these cartoons when I was younger (And still like them, but they're not on anymore...:smallfrown:) explain a lot? Especially the Crack Pairings love?

Asta Kask
2010-02-20, 04:28 PM
No, I mean does the fact that I liked these cartoons when I was younger (And still like them, but they're not on anymore...:smallfrown:) explain a lot? Especially the Crack Pairings love?

Causation and correlation... yeah, it explains a lot but what way the causal arrow points - I don't know...

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-20, 04:30 PM
Causation and correlation... yeah, it explains a lot but what way the causal arrow points - I don't know...

Meh, whatever. At least I'm not a nutjob for that reason.

So, want to place bets? What are the odds that Matt's going to end up like someone decided to do the Christmas decorations with his own bloody entrails or something?

EDIT: I also love Disney and Pixar movies. I had a VCR of the Lion King, and I watched it so much that I actually burned out the tape.

But, these two songs somewhat accurately describe a character from Murphy's Law...Or a couple of characters. Note that I didn't say who.

Hellfire (The Hunchback of Notre Dame) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRO-M4XyAbM&feature=related)

Be Prepared (The Lion King) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0AiN8vrn9Y&feature=related)

memnarch
2010-02-20, 05:36 PM
Page was tl;dr.

Anything related to the comic in there?

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-20, 05:37 PM
Page was tl;dr.

Anything related to the comic in there?

What, the comic page or this actual page?

Read the comment above you.

(Sorry, I tend to get a bit carried away. But I try to stay on-topic!)

dragongirl13
2010-02-20, 06:01 PM
(Sorry, I tend to get a bit carried away. But I try to stay on-topic!)

Right with you there.

On the topic of the battle... I really hope we get to see Radic kicking butt as a bear again, because that was awesome.

Asta Kask
2010-02-21, 07:36 AM
So, want to place bets? What are the odds that Matt's going to end up like someone decided to do the Christmas decorations with his own bloody entrails or something?

Placing bets with the girl who draws the comic seems like a great idea... :smallamused:

Silverraptor
2010-02-21, 06:11 PM
I'm going to have to agree with everyone and show some damage on them. Or have one of the character's mention that it was a wild shot and wasn't aimed exactly at them.

Just my almost "Co-Author" advice.

CoffeeIncluded
2010-02-21, 06:13 PM
I'm going to have to agree with everyone and show some damage on them. Or have one of the character's mention that it was a wild shot and wasn't aimed exactly at them.

Just my almost "Co-Author" advice.

I've decided to take care of it in the next comic.