PDA

View Full Version : I Got Your Back [3.5 feats]

Fortuna
2009-12-04, 03:55 PM
Supportive Caster
You understand the intricacies of your allies better, and so your magic is more potent when applied to them.
Prerequisites: Caster level 5th
Benefits: All beneficial spells cast on allies (excluding yourself) gain a +2 to caster level.

Supportive Fighter [Fighter]
You know how to back up your friends.
Benefits: You may choose to take a total defense action and have the benefits apply to an ally within reach. If you have the Combat Expertise feat, you may grant all allies within reach up to two points of the AC bonus.

Innis Cabal
2009-12-04, 03:56 PM
Looks good, though ten is...well thats pretty high. All I can suggest is lower that to...5/6?

Milskidasith
2009-12-04, 03:57 PM
Can you choose yourself as a recipient of Supportive Caster? If so, free +2 CL on buffs, woo!

Honestly, I'd just rewrite it as "all beneficial spells cast on your allies (excluding you) have a +2 CL." Seems easier that way.

Temotei
2009-12-04, 11:15 PM
Can you choose yourself as a recipient of Supportive Caster? If so, free +2 CL on buffs, woo!

Honestly, I'd just rewrite it as "all beneficial spells cast on your allies (excluding you) have a +2 CL." Seems easier that way.

Agreed. Ten people is basically saying "party + at least 4 NPCs."

Fortuna
2009-12-04, 11:31 PM
Done that. What about the fighter one?

Temotei
2009-12-04, 11:33 PM
Maybe if you have Combat Expertise, you can simply fight defensively and it'll still work? And maybe you could choose the amount of AC to give them from Combat Expertise, or not. If not, just the full thing works.

Fortuna
2009-12-04, 11:38 PM
How does that look?

Silverscale
2009-12-04, 11:43 PM

What about spells that work on you and your allies such as Prayer....does it get +2 for everyone else and normal effect on you? that seems like too much paperwork if different people get different durations, etc.

Fortuna
2009-12-05, 12:41 AM
Do you have a suggestion for a better method? This is intended to make a playstyle of helping out everyone else more viable, without contributing to CoDzillas too much.

Shyftir
2009-12-05, 12:43 AM
Supportive Caster
You understand the intricacies of your allies better, and so your magic is more potent when applied to them.
Prerequisites: Caster level 5th
Benefits: All beneficial spells cast on allies (excluding yourself) gain a +2 to caster level.

Kinda like a friends & family plan?

Temotei
2009-12-05, 12:44 AM
Yeah, I like that better. :smallsmile:

Fortuna
2009-12-05, 01:14 PM
Thanks for all of the feedback. My major question is this: Can any of you ever see anyone taking one of these feats? Ever?

Lappy9000
2009-12-05, 01:36 PM
Thanks for all of the feedback. My major question is this: Can any of you ever see anyone taking one of these feats? Ever?Yes.

I can forsee a paladin build in the near future who would definitely take Supportive Fighter. I've actually already saved it to a Word document :smallcool:

deuxhero
2009-12-05, 02:51 PM
In a really tank focused build, I might take supportive fighter (though I'd like to see it scale range somehow). If I ever played a fixed healer (cast like Warmage and co, better spell list, reach and advanced learning) supportive caster would be a definite feat (does it work for spells used via items?).

Fortuna
2009-12-05, 04:50 PM
Scaling range is accomplished by scaling reach, although I could possibly throw in a better scaling. Supportive caster does not work on items, although a seperate feat for that would not be out of the question.