PDA

View Full Version : Outside X: The Rotting Corpses are starting to Smell

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Reinholdt
2009-12-09, 09:30 PM
This place is just as it sounds. It's outside.
Want a change of scenery? Go outside.
Always wanted to visit the beach? Come outside.
Looking to have a climatic fight on clifftops? Attempt outside.
Secret meetings being held where there's no cameras? Try outside.
Want an ambush without nasty base defenses? Yep. Outside.

Any and all are welcome here. There are no NPCs unless you bring them in. The major exception is the creepy eyed squirrel. The creepy eyed squirrel does not interfere with anyone. The creepy eyed squirrel is everywhere outside. The creepy eyed squirrel is always watching. The creepy eyed squirrel never sleeps. The creepy eyed squirrel can not be damaged, manipulated, or killed by anyone. The creepy eyed squirrel will eat anyone's very being who attempts to do so. Anyone can god-mode the creepy eyed squirrel. You may pet the creepy eyed squirrel at your own risk.

Other NPCs currently include:
The menacing crabs. These intimidating creatures are usually found by the shore.
The non-existant duck. You'll miss every time you shoot at it.

There is very little you can't do outside. However, like always, please follow the forum rules and general rules of conduct. Private conversations can be held outside. If it seems like a private (secret) conversation, please respect that. Those having such a conversation should do their best to indicate it as such. Otherwise, other characters may stumble upon you. Those desiring to spy in on private conversations should first PM those holding the private conversation, more out of courtesy than anything else.

There are many areas outside, and people can be in multiple places outside. In order to keep areas outside separated so there's no confusion, consider bolding your outside location at the start of each of your posts, like so:

The Fields

Reinholdt sets up various targets and practices his sharpshooting. All these events recently has made him a bit rusty. To his left, he notes the creepy eyed squirrel. Giving him the heebie-jeebies, Reinholdt decides to head somewhere else.

The Cliffside

Calublufiok broods over his latest scheme as he flies over the cliffs. The creepy eyed squirrel is watching him again. He finds occasionally landing and telling the creepy eyed squirrel his plans helps him find holes in his plotting.

Note Reinholdt and Calublufiok do not interact because they are in different areas outside. They could interact, if Reinholdt moves to the cliffside. Of course, various things like telepathy help bypass this. Also, please note outside has no major buildings, though minor ones crop up from time to time.

And most importantly, enjoy outside. That's what this is all about. :smallsmile:

Outside now contains various Outside locations! Such as...
[Dead Pine Lake]
This lake lies in the middle of the forest. On the eastern shore, woodpeckers feast on the dead pines that give the lake its name. Sometimes one can find Lady Death here, the Aspect of Eve also known as The Grandmother, or Jedwiga.

(Please PM happyturtle if you wish to interact with Jedwiga.)

http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq40/happyturtle-avs/p243360-Delray_Beach_FL-Wetlands_sc.jpg

[The Islands]

An island cluster forms an archipelago along the coast. Some of the islands are settled, some not, but most are at least occasionally visited by the fishermen who work these waters.

[Gersemi's Island]

Gersemi the seighkona lives on a small island in the archipelago with a single hut and a few sheep. Inside the hut, there is a single room, and a fireplace. A loom rests in one corner.

(Please PM happyturtle if you wish to interact with Gersemi.)

[Redbrick Falls]

A mountainous, cliffy region with a prominent waterfall. A large quarry once was worked in these cliffs. Now, only a few scattered villages and solitary dwellings remain.

[Castle Silhouette]
Genesis' base of operations.

[Club Banana]
Here be primates of all sorts and much silliness? An aircraft hanger turned into a club used exclusively by intelligent apes.

PM Reinholdt if you wish to add locations to Outside.

Special: Reinholdt will update the Outside threads and post new ones when it is time. Please don't post a new thread without his permission or he is away for an extended period of time.
Thank you.

Lex-Kat
2009-12-09, 09:40 PM
Melody is still on Gersemi Isle, healing and nurturing those from small villages around the lake who sustained injuries from the cat attack.

The Bushranger
2009-12-09, 10:42 PM
((*flails away the deadtime*))

[The River]

Offers of absolute forgiveness when you're preoccupied with self-blame can be rather confusing.

<But it was me. I did it. I saw it! I remember!>

No, Misaki. You didn't do it, you were being controlled.

<It didn't feel like it! It felt like me!>

Misaki, I asked someone who can read minds, and he said something was making you do that. Something was making you hate. It's not your fault, we even know who did it.

<He's right. I've been...controlled like that, in the past. Sometimes it can seem like you're doing it yourself, when in reality, you are like a puppet, with somebody pulling the strings. It was done so that you couldn't stop yourself.>

Quinn decides to leave out, for the moment, how Misaki was only susceptible because of her catgirlification.

happyturtle
2009-12-10, 12:59 AM
[Near the Taverna]

Happy and Reinholdt leave the Taverna together, Reinholdt carrying a shotgun, and Happy floating along in her MagChair.

The stench is horrific. Happy shapshifts her olfactory sensors away to compensate.

Reinholdt
2009-12-10, 01:01 AM
[A Little Further from the Taverna]

"Alright. Enough with the nonsense. What's going on?" Reinholdt will keep walking while talking until they're well out of sight and sound of the Taverna.

happyturtle
2009-12-10, 01:07 AM
Happy sighs. "You and I have been going back and forth like this for too long. You go insane. I go insane. Death. Destruction. Mayhem. Enough. If you're serious about killing me, then do it. And if you're not, then maybe we should go on from here in some sort of rational manner."

Reinholdt
2009-12-10, 01:09 AM
Reinholdt levels the gun at Happy. "And if I actually did shoot you here and now? You'd be ok with death?"

happyturtle
2009-12-10, 01:13 AM
"Not especially." She doesn't flinch, but she doesn't look at the gun either. Instead she looks off into the distance, in the direction of GLoG. "There's a lot left to do. But I don't suppose many people feel like they got everything done that they wanted to before they die."

Reinholdt
2009-12-10, 01:15 AM
"Something happen to Melody?"
He doesn't lower the gun.

happyturtle
2009-12-10, 01:21 AM
"Melody is fine." She glances at Shepholdt for a moment, and then looks down at her hands. "She's strong. She'll be able to go on."

Reinholdt
2009-12-10, 01:27 AM
Shepholdt takes this opportunity to try to smash the butt of the gun into Happy's face. :smallmad:

happyturtle
2009-12-10, 01:30 AM
And Happy's face gets smashed. Owie.

Reinholdt
2009-12-10, 01:46 AM
"That's for forgetting you're a mother first and foremost."

He'll follow up with a kick towards her shin. Probably won't hurt as much as the face though.

"Go on? GO ON?! Oh yes. Her life wouldn't become a living nightmare filled with revenge and constant struggle with inadequacy and insecurity after she learns that her own mother decided she would just give up and that her daughter wasn't a good enough reason to live. Do you know what that is? DO YOU?! THAT'S DISOWNING YOUR OWN CHILD!!"

He goes to punch her in the stomach.

"IT ABSOLUTELY SUCKS WHEN YOUR OWN FATHER DISOWNS YOU!! WHEN YOU'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR HIM!!"

He'll try to grab her by the hair and pull her face up to meet his. " And you will not. WILL NOT. You will not do that to Melody, do you understand me? You're lucky to have her. And she loves you. If I thought for a second that she didn't and there was another right now who was better for her I'd take your sorry carcass and grind into pieces slowly before feeding the parts to pigs. Not for what you did to Shepherd, but what you dare just suggested."

happyturtle
2009-12-10, 01:52 AM
Happy doesn't resist, so Shepholdt has no difficulty in beating the crippled woman all to hell.

"I would never abandon her," she finally mumbles through broken teeth and busted lips. "I didn't want her to have to live through weeks or months of you stalking me, waiting for the chance to finish me off. Better a clean kill."

Reinholdt
2009-12-10, 01:57 AM
"Sure. I betcha you just wanted to hand over clean kills to all your enemies, right? Why not just go up to Draken and say 'Bug food! Get me while I'm hot!' or march over to Calublufiok's place and request to be mentally tortured now instead of waiting for the other shoe to drop. How about you just invite all the enemies of GLoG who might want the hierarchy dead over for tea and afterwards they can draw straws to see who goes first? Would that would help Melody out?"

Reinholdt lets go of the woman in disgust, standing up and brushing himself off.

happyturtle
2009-12-10, 02:03 AM
"No, because I don't have the same awful destructive relationship with them that I do with you. You and I bring out the worst in each other." She falls back in her chair once he lets go of him. "It's got to stop, Reinholdt. One way or another. We've got to find a way to break this pattern."

Reinholdt
2009-12-10, 02:07 AM
"I'm sure." :smallannoyed:

Reinholdt holsters his gun still pissed she would even consider this a better option than any number of other ones that could have dealt with the situation without screwing up Melody's life.

"Well you'll be happy to know I'm not going to kill you. My doctor says it's bad for my blood pressure." Sorta. Don't quote him on that.

happyturtle
2009-12-10, 02:11 AM
Yup. Reinholdt would know all about making sensible decisions, right? :smalltongue:

"I'm sorry, Reinholdt." Whatever she's apologizing for, she seems sincere in it.

Reinholdt
2009-12-10, 02:13 AM
Of course. He's an expert on what not to do.

"For what?"

happyturtle
2009-12-10, 02:22 AM
"For everything. For attacking you the last time we met. For yelling at you the time before that. For all the times I did too much or too little to stop you or to help you." She hesitates. This next one is hard. Damn hard. And the words stick in her throat.

Reinholdt
2009-12-10, 02:28 AM
"I forgive you for that. Can't blame you for half of that and the stuff I can I'm not too upset about." He can handle being attacked. It's happened frequently enough it doesn't particularly piss him off. Yelling... perhaps a bit less so depending on how its worded, but still, he probably deserved it. And all those prior times of stopping or helping him is that 20/20 hindsight stuff.

happyturtle
2009-12-10, 02:32 AM
"For Shepherd." she finally says.

Reinholdt
2009-12-10, 02:35 AM
Reinholdt just clams up right there. Doesn't matter what Dr. Beit says. Forgiving Happy for that would perhaps end a cycle or whatever, but he just can't do it. Not yet. Maybe never.

happyturtle
2009-12-10, 02:42 AM
"I loved him," she says. "I wanted... I thought there could be some way that we could all be a family together."

Reinholdt
2009-12-10, 02:45 AM
Happy wishes to talk about loving Shepherd and being a family? Even ignoring the recent callous disregard towards her own daughter, Reinholdt wouldn't stand for it.

"I think you should shut up now."

happyturtle
2009-12-10, 02:57 AM
And there it was. It was never going to end between them, was it? :smallfrown:

She doesn't shut up. But she does change the subject. "I guess you heard GLoG was destroyed. Lots of dead. Lots of missing. Corentin. Butler. My husband."

Reinholdt
2009-12-10, 03:03 AM
Perhaps, perhaps not, but Happy brought up that particular side of the issue at a really bad time. Still it'll give him something to mull over later.

"No. I hadn't heard. I'm sorry. What happened?"

happyturtle
2009-12-10, 03:07 AM
"The lich. He did something to corrupt Butler's people. They brought an army against us. GLoG was never meant to be a fortress against that kind of force." She shakes her head. "The world is still here, so I guess something kept his plan from working."

Reinholdt
2009-12-10, 03:11 AM
"Calublufiok..." :smallannoyed:

"That would explain the attack on NO too."

happyturtle
2009-12-10, 03:15 AM
"And the city, though they held out. And several villages razed. I don't know how many died in this one. More than any before, I think." And she starts to cry.

Reinholdt
2009-12-10, 03:17 AM
Reinholdt has no idea how many died in the plagues of Shepherd, so doesn't comment either way on that.

Reinholdt shifts awkwardly. She was crying now. And well... he certainly wasn't going to hug her better. "I'm sure we'll find him and make him pay. Stop him from doing it again elsewhere."

happyturtle
2009-12-10, 03:28 AM
She's a crippled barbarian! He's an insane cat in the body of his own dead son! They fight crime! (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheyFightCrime)

"How? I wasn't capable of fighting a being that powerful when I was healthy." She sighs. "Better to just think of him as a natural disaster. You can't prevent them, so you do what you can to care for the survivors and hope for the best."

Lex-Kat
2009-12-10, 03:30 AM
Funny. :smallamused:

Reinholdt
2009-12-10, 03:33 AM
"No one is. And those who think they are are being fooled right where he wants them. But that's talking about one person. We do have numbers on our side. I'm sure more than a few people are pissed at him right now."

Deadtime for sleep.

happyturtle
2009-12-10, 03:42 AM
"If you're going to assemble a team to go after him, then I wish you luck," Happy says, in all seriousness. "But you're right. My duty is here."

((to be continued tomorrow, I guess))

Neon Knight
2009-12-10, 09:42 AM
[The River]

((*flails away the deadtime*))

<He's right. I've been...controlled like that, in the past. Sometimes it can seem like you're doing it yourself, when in reality, you are like a puppet, with somebody pulling the strings. It was done so that you couldn't stop yourself.>

Quinn decides to leave out, for the moment, how Misaki was only susceptible because of her catgirlification.

A pause in the mental conversation.

<...Quinn? Why can't I feel you anymore?>

Ashen Lilies
2009-12-10, 10:26 AM
[Outside Taverna]
Ammet walks. And walks. And walks. He doesn't notice his little follower.
The Lord of the Afterlife, Keeper of Souls and Destoyer of Undead, successfully trailed by a rat. What is this world coming to!?

Morty
2009-12-10, 10:28 AM
[Oustide Taverna]

Technically speaking, the rat is a creature from the Plane of Shadow in the form of a rat. It follows Ammet, sniffing to pick up any supernatural or magical aura he might have and relay the information to its master.

The Bushranger
2009-12-10, 10:36 AM
[The River]

A pause in the mental conversation.

<...Quinn? Why can't I feel you anymore?>

[The River]

Ahh. And now the moment of truth.

<I'm...on another plane of existence now, sweetie. I stopped the person who hurt you, and...ascended as a result.>

It's the truth...from a certain point of view.
(Well, from all points of view really. But still not the whole truth.)

Ashen Lilies
2009-12-10, 10:42 AM
Besides being Triumvir of the Fate That Doth Befall All of Mortal Kin, Past, Present and Future, you mean?:smalltongue:
Eventually, Ammet reaches a graveyard not far from the Taverna, and stands there, facing to the North.
The rat might detect another presense approaching from that very direction. A human one, to be precise.

Morty
2009-12-10, 10:44 AM
The rat follows Ammet intently, its master now very interested.

Ashen Lilies
2009-12-10, 10:55 AM
Who should approach but Viper, looking much the same as usual, though more harrowed looking from her time in Acro. She kneels, clasping her copper bell-pendant (she, of course, finding the usual silver quite disagreeable to her health), as her lord gives her his Instruction.
The rat doesn't get to hear it. :smalltongue:
Eventually, there's a spike in energy, much like a greater undead crossing to the mortal realm, only much larger and in reverse, and Ammet is gone, leaving only ring of frost on the grass where he stood.
Viper stands, and heads toward the Taverna... before colliding into a deadtime ooze!

Morty
2009-12-10, 10:56 AM
The rat disappears, it and its master deadtiming as well.

Reinholdt
2009-12-10, 11:32 AM
"If you're going to assemble a team to go after him, then I wish you luck," Happy says, in all seriousness. "But you're right. My duty is here."

((to be continued tomorrow, I guess))

"What're you going to do?" Besides go visit your daughter and be there for her?

"Intending to rebuild?"

happyturtle
2009-12-10, 11:35 AM
"Yes. There's still some sort of infestation at the site, but some members are working on clearing that. And then we'll rebuild." Happy says.

Reinholdt
2009-12-10, 11:39 AM
Hmmm...
"I'm guessing the money I sen- er... heard you guys had is gone?"

happyturtle
2009-12-10, 11:41 AM
"Probably." If she notices his slip, she doesn't say anything.

Reinholdt
2009-12-10, 11:44 AM
"Typical."

"Was there anything else? Or can I go home and continue disturbing.. people with my face?"

happyturtle
2009-12-10, 11:53 AM
If this was as close as they could come to making peace between them, she figured she'd better take what she could get.

"No. Nothing else. Just... be careful. The catpeople are gone, but I'm hearing stories that there are other attackers out there." Her hoverchair floats up off the ground and goes to head back to the Taverna. Hopefully no one will ask too many questions about her condition.

Reinholdt
2009-12-10, 11:56 AM
Reinholdt turns and walks away.
Then flies away!
To...

[Gersemi's Isle]

And lands. He'll ask a few of the NPCs where to find Melody and seek her out.

horngeek
2009-12-10, 01:35 PM
Daisuke doesn't have anything to add to the conversation at this point, so he simply looks at Quinn and Misaki.

happyturtle
2009-12-10, 01:37 PM
Happy returns to the Taverna.

horngeek
2009-12-10, 05:20 PM
[Beach]

Daisuke and Abigail are still splashing around here. With Val, probably.

McBish
2009-12-10, 05:21 PM
[Beach]

Yeah Val is still there, unless Horngeek had kidnapped her while McBish wasn't around.

horngeek
2009-12-10, 05:23 PM
[Beach]

:smallamused: No, I haven't.

Daisuke swims up to Val. Having fun?

McBish
2009-12-10, 05:25 PM
[Beach]

Yet?

Val smiles and nods. Yes I am, I was thinking that we should maybe go home soon get some hot chocolate or something soon.

horngeek
2009-12-10, 05:28 PM
Daisuke nods. All right. Let's go, then.

McBish
2009-12-10, 05:32 PM
[Beach]

Val smiles and swims over to shore getting out and getting dry as quickly as she can before the water freezes to her skin. She closes her eyes and a small pocket of warmth fills the area around her for Dai and Abigail.

horngeek
2009-12-10, 05:34 PM
Daisuke and Abigail get into this pocket of warmth, drying off.

Wow... I didn't know you could do this.

McBish
2009-12-10, 05:37 PM
[Beach]

I told you I have been working on my dream powers. She smiles at him and he might notice that for a split second there seems to be two of her, one wearing her swimming suit and smiling at him, and another dressed in her sheer gown that she reappeared in that one time that floats around her.

horngeek
2009-12-10, 05:40 PM
He looks at her. That's good.

He smiles. So, shall we go in?

McBish
2009-12-10, 05:42 PM
[Beach]

Val smiles and goes to take his arm leaning up against her. Yep let's go.

horngeek
2009-12-10, 05:44 PM
And they head off to Home, along with Abigail!

[River]

Plot clone of Daisuke is still holding Misaki's body, and hoping Quinn and him can convince her to not die.

Lex-Kat
2009-12-10, 05:59 PM
[Gersemi's Isle]

And lands. He'll ask a few of the NPCs where to find Melody and seek her out.
The beach of Gersemi Isle is littered with boats.

As Reinholdt approaches the cottage, he sees lots of small tents propped up around the barn. When he asks the first few people where Melody is, most of them shrug. But one old man points toward the barn. Try in there. he says.

Melody and a young girl are wrapping a young man's arm in a make-shift cast. Now I need you to chew on one of these leaves, every morning. But only one. Okay?

The young man nods his head, takes the bundle of leaves and walks out of the barn.

Estia, go get the next patient. And as the girl runs off, Melody sits down hard on a bail of hay. She doesn't yet notice Reinholdt.

She's wearing a white tank top and short shorts.

Rebonack
2009-12-10, 07:15 PM
[Village]

"I am here to end you." The fanged maws snap only air as Milli rolls neatly out of the way, coming up with her bow aimed and loosing an Essence arrow at the maws.

((Deadtime for tonight, at least here.))

The various nasty mouths now sport lovely arrows sticking out of them. This seems to make functioning rather difficult. Poor things, they can't fulfill their duty now!

With Milli's focus presently on the teeth the robed figure strikes once more, blurring into sight out of the maelstrom of leaves and howling wind to deliver a series of brutal slashes.

"I can only hope that you will succeed then."

Reinholdt
2009-12-10, 09:23 PM
[Gersemi's Isle]

The beach of Gersemi Isle is littered with boats.

As Reinholdt approaches the cottage, he sees lots of small tents propped up around the barn. When he asks the first few people where Melody is, most of them shrug. But one old man points toward the barn. Try in there. he says.

Melody and a young girl are wrapping a young man's arm in a make-shift cast. Now I need you to chew on one of these leaves, every morning. But only one. Okay?

The young man nods his head, takes the bundle of leaves and walks out of the barn.

Estia, go get the next patient. And as the girl runs off, Melody sits down hard on a bail of hay. She doesn't yet notice Reinholdt.

She's wearing a white tank top and short shorts.
Short shorts? In the winter?! :smalleek:

Oh well.

Reinholdt just reminded his player he looks like Shepherd. Then kindly informed him that he doesn't think Melody ever actually saw Shepherd.

Either way, Reinholdt steps forward. "Hi. Busy day?"

Jacklu
2009-12-10, 11:56 PM
Travelers from all realities find themselves in the nexus. Beings from all possible worlds and possibilities. Two such entities have just crossed that fine line between the shapeless chaos of the nexus convergence wherein all worlds exists in equal destiny and the separate but still nexus bound landscape of Acro.

A tall woman and a squat, cloak covered being of indeterminate form. The woman is slender and lithe, moving with a sure grace and sense of purpose rarely seen. Dark skinned, she has oval eyes with feline pupils, short fangs in her mouth, and pointed ears. Her hair is long but kept tightly wrapped in a bun on the back of her head. A long, black furred tail swishes behind her as she walks.

Her attire is simple, but stunning and ornamental in appearance. She wears only the simplest of undergarments in terms of clothing. Over them, however, is a suit of armor unlike anything most likely to be found in all of Acro. Far Eastern in general influence, it is made entirely of overlapping plates of what appears to be thick glass, held together by some invisible string bonds. The plates are transparent, though they catch and refract light in such a way that they appear in every color imaginable as well as a few that physical beings can't quite comprehend. The colors are continuously shifting and are at the same time vibrant and nearly imperceptible within the fragile looking glass. The plates shift and slide over one another as she moves, offering no encumbrance to her movements.

On her back is a long guan dao whose elegant and seemingly purely decorative blade is made of the same glass as her armor. Hanging from her neck by a gold chain is a small pewter pendant that is almost strikingly plain compared to the rest of her gear.

Next to her walks a figure that could be a child, entirely covered and obscured in black veils. The figure keeps up easily, using a twisted wooden cane as it walks. The two of them walk in silence, observing the new land around them as they go. Might be worth investigating.

Rebonack
2009-12-11, 12:19 AM
[The Rolling Hills of the Countryside]

As a matter of fact, something is investigating them already.

Something that has been following them for some time now.

Stalking?

Hunting?

Perhaps.

Something remaining just beyond the limits of mortal perception.

Though to those beyond mortal, the watcher may be felt.

Jacklu
2009-12-11, 12:31 AM
Felt if not immediately responded to. At least by the smaller of the two, who lifts its head to peer back from behind the hood of its cloak. It turns back forward and continues to walk. No words pass between the two, but the woman picks up on subtle cues from her partner and tenses slightly in preparation for an encounter with an unknown enemy. She and her companion come to a stop at the same time with no obvious signal coordinating their actions. The woman glances back to see if she can spot the same thing that put her short friend on edge.

Rebonack
2009-12-11, 12:40 AM
[Rolling Hills]

The stalker is drawing closer now...

Ever nearer.

One can almost feel the sensation of something breathing down the neck. A terrible, alien presence beyond mind and mass and space. A-

Oh.

Wait.

It's a fox in the middle of the road.

"Yip!"

Weird looking fox. Colors are all off. Most of the creature is a burning sun-set orange with a bright electric blue where one would normally expect it to be white. The whole tail is a deep midnight indigo as are the ears.

Its body is covered in golden-orange sigils, with a rather odd symbol (http://www.hyperbear.com/blogpics/specialization-2.jpg) on its forehead. Just... not so much set as it's just sort of hovering about an inch or so in front of it, blazing with a dull opalescent white radiance.

Jacklu
2009-12-11, 01:17 AM
The woman looks at the fox and her body tenses further for a moment. She narrows her eyes at the fox and breaths in deep. An impostor? A form invented and applied to itself. But not one of the Raksha. The little one's voice is masculine but in a very feminine way, making it impossible to distinguish gender through that method. It is dangerous though.

Lex-Kat
2009-12-11, 01:24 AM
Short shorts? In the winter?! :smalleek:
Not on Gersemi Isle. It's perma-autumn there. :smallbiggrin:

Oh well.

Reinholdt just reminded his player he looks like Shepherd. Then kindly informed him that he doesn't think Melody ever actually saw Shepherd.

Either way, Reinholdt steps forward. "Hi. Busy day?"
Melody is fanning herself with one hand. Yes. Are you hurt? Need any medical aid? She sounds tired.

Rebonack
2009-12-11, 01:24 AM
The totally normal and not at all unusual fox tilts his head off to the side in that way canine things do when they hear a sound they might find odd.

One can almost hear him saying, 'Who, me?'

He manages to keep up the 'cute animal' act for a few moments longer.

And then starts laughing.

The sound doesn't seem to come from the fox at all.

But rather from all directions at once.

"Dangerous? Yeah probably," he then sits up, raising one paw and places the other over his chest. "But on my honor I haven't ever eaten anyone who didn't deserve it."

Reinholdt
2009-12-11, 01:33 AM
Not on Gersemi Isle. It's perma-autumn there. :smallbiggrin:

Melody is fanning herself with one hand. Yes. Are you hurt? Need any medical aid? She sounds tired.

"Actually... I just wanted to check on you and see how you're doing. Make sure everything's alright and stuff like that. I see that it isn't, but... well... you know."

Jacklu
2009-12-11, 01:35 AM
The woman's hand slips towards her weapon but she doesn't touch it just yet. And I should take your word on that? Her companion seems to be studying Avatar from beneath the cloak. It is not unlike the Raksha. Do not trust it.

Lex-Kat
2009-12-11, 01:43 AM
"Actually... I just wanted to check on you and see how you're doing. Make sure everything's alright and stuff like that. I see that it isn't, but... well... you know."
Melody tilts her head curiously. Check on me? Who are you?

Reinholdt
2009-12-11, 01:45 AM
[Gersemi's Isle]

"Oh... umm... Reinholdt." And then continuity smacks him again and Shepholdt becomes Reinlaroth as per the individual that Reinholdt was prior to Shepherd's birth.

Reinholdt just sighs. :smallsigh:

Rebonack
2009-12-11, 01:46 AM
[Rolling Hills]

"I am so totally unlike the Raksha!" the fox protests. "I could probably last a whole five minutes unmasked on the material plane even when the Stars Aren't Right. And I've got a much better sense of humor, too! They've got an unhealthy fascination with Creation, y'know. Most beings from the Far just ignore the various material worlds. But they're all 'oooh, we've got to destroy Creation so everything will be unfettered chaos again, blah blah blah!"

The small animal makes several funny faces whilst doing this impression, sticking his tongue out of the side of his mouth at one point.

"Unfettered chaos sucks, let me tell you. I remember what it was like before anyone was self-aware. And it was seriously lame. And before the material realms were created? Where else would we be able to find deranged cultists, huh? The Raksha are just a bunch of nostalgic pricks. And they look smell bad, too."

Lex-Kat
2009-12-11, 01:46 AM
Melody actually jumps back and falls over the hay bail. What the heck!!!

Reinholdt
2009-12-11, 01:50 AM
[Gersemi's Isle]

"It's my life. It seems ever since coming to the ACROverse I've been doomed to switch bodies every so often. Now it seems to be happening randomly."

Indeed... Reinlaroth turns into a giant Wormholdt. This lasts for a few seconds and then he changes back to Reinlaroth.

Reinholdt decides to sit down until the universe can make up its mind for a few minutes so he can finish a conversation.

Lex-Kat
2009-12-11, 01:53 AM
{Gersemi's Isle}

Does... does it hurt? Melody is peaking over the bail of hay. She especially didn't like the giant wormholdt look. :smallyuk:

Reinholdt
2009-12-11, 01:58 AM
{Gersemi's Isle}

Reinholdt shakes his head. "No. Thank goodness for that." The universe seems to have stopped for now.

"So... anyways... like I was saying, I was here to check up on you and make sure everything's alright for you."

Jacklu
2009-12-11, 02:00 AM
The woman snarls, baring her fangs and gripping the handle of her guan dao. The smaller figure holds up a hand, the cloak's sleeve falling back to reveal it to be smooth and supple, the skin of a child. Do not be riled by its words. It's insults- Are not based entirely in untruths and neither stated entirely outside of ignorance. The woman's grip on her weapon tightens and she glares at Avatar.

The cloaked figure draws back its hood, revealing its face and head. The figure is a child in appearance, indeterminate in gender but handsomely beautiful nonetheless. Its ears are pointed and elven in appearance and all of its features are at the same time rounded and sharp. The being is clearly not human, rather, is masquerading as an imitation of a human child. Fey.

Any Raksha that smells unpleasant has chosen to do so.

Rebonack
2009-12-11, 02:10 AM
The fox doesn't look terribly surprised.

Instead, he just grins mischievously.

"I thought that might get the hood off. And what anyone smells like physically is a very different matter. I probably smell kinda like wet fox right now. But being that I'm a wet fox at the moment the odor is mostly unnoticed."

He *ahems*, coughing into one paw.

"Anyway, nice to meet you both! I've been following you since you popped into the Nexus. You can consider me the official unofficial welcoming committee! And you can call me 'Avatar' if you like. More an alias than anything else since my name is sorta hard to pronounce for most people around here. Or 'Dynamism' if you want a single-word rough translation of it."

Lex-Kat
2009-12-11, 02:15 AM
{Gersemi's Isle}

Reinholdt shakes his head. "No. Thank goodness for that." The universe seems to have stopped for now.

"So... anyways... like I was saying, I was here to check up on you and make sure everything's alright for you."
Melody climbs back over and goes to hug Reinholdt. Thank goodness.

She then stands back. I'm just tired. It's like a never ending tide of casualties. And for a while, I was the only one.

She sits back down, once again tired. Luckily, one of the villagers presented me with his two daughters to help me.

Reinholdt
2009-12-11, 02:22 AM
{Gersemi's Isle}

Reinholdt hugs her back.

"Sorry. I wasn't much aware of the war until it was already over."

"Has... Happy been by since it started?"

Jacklu
2009-12-11, 02:30 AM
The raksha smiles wryly. Dynamism. Companion. The woman keeps her grip on the weapon for the time being. You refer to this place as the Nexus. I am to assume that implies that this is a place in which Creation in all its forms come together? The Fair Folk seems friendly enough. Though that is as much an act as its physical form. We do not appreciate being hunted.

Rebonack
2009-12-11, 02:43 AM
[The Rolling Hills]

"Oooh, sorta. Some of the Realms that touch upon the Nexus are so different from Creation that you could scarcely call it another form. But more or less, yeah. I've actually been to Creation before. Was kinda nice. I found this one place that served meat on a stick that was really good. But I guess that's pretty much an inevitability, huh? Don't think I've ever heard of a Realm where you can't get some form of meat-on-a-stick provided both meat and sticks exist."

Seems he's rambling now.

"Huh? Hunted? I wasn't hunting you! I was stalking you so I could find the perfect time to welcome you to this crazy place! And try to ignore all the dead cat-people that are busy decomposing. Usually our scenery is nicer than that."

Boo
2009-12-11, 02:47 AM
There's no where else to go... "Is there?" He sits on a rock, any rock, and ponders. He, him, the one without a name. "Shall I be a monster forever?" I wonder. "Shall I be he, the monster, without a name? Or perhaps I will find one. One to call my own." I don't know.

Lex-Kat
2009-12-11, 02:51 AM
{Gersemi's Isle}

{Gersemi's Isle}

Reinholdt hugs her back.

"Sorry. I wasn't much aware of the war until it was already over."

"Has... Happy been by since it started?"
No. Momma did send me a note saying not to come to GLoG. But that..... What happened? Is she alright!? Melody asks as she stands up.

Then Estia, leading another patient in speaks up. Miss Melody, Katia here was blinded during the attack, ma'am. The woman has a rough bandage wrapped around the upper part of her head.

Melody immediately puts aside her own probelms and helps the woman sit on the hay. Here you go. She begins to unwrap the bandage.

Is momma alright, Reinholdt?

Reinholdt
2009-12-11, 02:55 AM
{Gersemi's Isle}

"Yes. She's alright. I just saw her recently. I was just wondering." :smallfrown:

Poor Melody.

"Listen. I wanted to let you know that no matter what happens, you're always welcome to come to me for anything and can stay at the Citadel whenever you want, alright?"

Lex-Kat
2009-12-11, 03:01 AM
Um, sure. Thanks.She sounds just a little uncertain.

If you see momma, Let her know I'm doing fine and that I love her. Okay?

As she unwraps the last of the cloth wrap, Reinholdt may see that the woman has a huge bloody gash that crosses over both eye sockets.

The girl, Estia, brings a bucket of water, and together they begin to wash the woman's face. Shhhh. It'll be alright. Melody will take good care of you.

Reinholdt
2009-12-11, 03:04 AM
{Gersemi's Isle}

"If I see her."

Reinholdt will stick around and assist where he can. And deadtime.

The Bushranger
2009-12-11, 03:16 AM
pop!

It's possible Melody might find an envelope appearing with a familar pop nearby.

Lex-Kat
2009-12-11, 03:25 AM
Melody will put Reinholdt right to work. Estia will take him to her slightly younger sister, Lyanna.

And if he's willing, the two of them will take care of the minor problems and help ease the pain of some of the others until they are taken to see Melody herself.

Melody ignores the suddenly appearing envelope for now. She will stuff it into her shorts for safe keeping though.

((Sorry BR. Must DEADTIME also. :smallfrown:))

The Bushranger
2009-12-11, 03:32 AM
((No worries. *huggles*))

Melody might notice the address on the envelope is written by Dani. :smallsmile:

Morty
2009-12-11, 09:45 AM
Michalson is wandering the countryside. His path is marked by burning funeral pyres.

Neon Knight
2009-12-11, 09:51 AM
The various nasty mouths now sport lovely arrows sticking out of them. This seems to make functioning rather difficult. Poor things, they can't fulfill their duty now!

With Milli's focus presently on the teeth the robed figure strikes once more, blurring into sight out of the maelstrom of leaves and howling wind to deliver a series of brutal slashes.

"I can only hope that you will succeed then."

Milli hears the barest whisper of the flight of claws through the air and doges just in the nick of time, the toothed hands ripping through the air instead of her neck.

Throwing herself aside, Milli pulls back the string and looses an arrow in mid-air, landing and rolling away from the thing neatly.

[The River]

Ahh. And now the moment of truth.

<I'm...on another plane of existence now, sweetie. I stopped the person who hurt you, and...ascended as a result.>

It's the truth...from a certain point of view.
(Well, from all points of view really. But still not the whole truth.)

Misaki is quiet for a while.

<Quinn... I don't wanna come back if you aren't there.>

<I can hear momma, Quinn. She's waiting for me...>

The Bushranger
2009-12-11, 10:34 AM
[The River]

<I'll be here!> Quinn 'says' hurriedly. <My body's a little different but I'm not going to be going anywhere!>

...and then something sinks in.

<...you...she's...your mom? Lakshimi? How is she calling you?>

Rebonack
2009-12-11, 12:05 PM
Milli hears the barest whisper of the flight of claws through the air and doges just in the nick of time, the toothed hands ripping through the air instead of her neck.

Throwing herself aside, Milli pulls back the string and looses an arrow in mid-air, landing and rolling away from the thing neatly.

[The Village]

Once more the arrow rends straight through the figure's cloak. If the thing had been a mortal its heart would have been transfixed by the shaft. But as before the projectile simply flies clean through the monster with little noticeable result.

Either it's immune to those arrows, or it simply doesn't have a body to shoot under that cloak. Aim for the face, maybe?

The wind picks up once more, the nightmare launching itself forward on the gust to deliver a lighting-fast slash. Once more the attack seems almost stupidly broadcast. Maybe the fiend is up to something again?

Reinholdt
2009-12-11, 01:07 PM
Melody will put Reinholdt right to work. Estia will take him to her slightly younger sister, Lyanna.

And if he's willing, the two of them will take care of the minor problems and help ease the pain of some of the others until they are taken to see Melody herself.

Melody ignores the suddenly appearing envelope for now. She will stuff it into her shorts for safe keeping though.

((Sorry BR. Must DEADTIME also. :smallfrown:))
Work work work. Well Reinholdt does indeed assist. And his years at practicing first aid come in awfully handy. He doesn't have the healer's touch or any special herbs, but he knows how to set bones and the like and can probably help lighten the load greatly for Melody.

Poor Misaki. Doesn't even know about Butler yet either. :smallfrown:

Lex-Kat
2009-12-11, 01:39 PM
That is very useful. Melody is very appreciative, upon learning of how much Reinholdt is helping.

By the end of the day, most of the patients have been seen to. The ones who haven't, are minor problems, that will have to wait till the morning.

Word has spread that the threat of the Cat-Army is over, so the stronger ones will leave and go back to their individual villages to start the restoration.

Reinholdt
2009-12-11, 01:43 PM
Indeed, they'll have to wait. Cause Reinholdt is tired and needs sleep now. Stupid work. He hasn't had to actually do it in a long time.

He'll see if there are any accommodations or if they're all taken by the ill. If they are, he'll just have to fly to the next isle over or something.

Neon Knight
2009-12-11, 06:14 PM
[The River]

<She's... that's why she never came or looked for me. She's.... she's gone too.> Also, I thought Misaki's mom was named Kiyoshi. Or possibly Yoshiko.

____

[The Village]

Milli notes this, and decides to try something different. She charges to meet the attack, but as it is about to connect she shifts, her form twisting and altering. she goes from a bipedal posture to one one four legs, her ears and tail tell becoming her complete spirit form of a large forest wolf or canine, in white fur with silver tips. Suddenly much lower, she tries to dart under the figure and around to behind it.

Lex-Kat
2009-12-11, 06:33 PM
Indeed, they'll have to wait. Cause Reinholdt is tired and needs sleep now. Stupid work. He hasn't had to actually do it in a long time.

He'll see if there are any accommodations or if they're all taken by the ill. If they are, he'll just have to fly to the next isle over or something.
Thanks again Reinholdt. You can sleep in the room in the cottage, if you'd like. The girls and I will stay in my room. Melody gives him an obviously genuine smile.

Reinholdt
2009-12-11, 06:39 PM
Thanks again Reinholdt. You can sleep in the room in the cottage, if you'd like. The girls and I will stay in my room. Melody gives him an obviously genuine smile.

Reinholdt might object, but he's too tired. Nightmares on top of work? And everything looks like night anyways. Sleeping happened during the night. Sometimes. Well as a cat, it didn't matter when.

"Thanks. That'll work." :smallsmile: Reinholdt heads to the room for another restless night. Stupid Rebo and his plot of no sleep.

Rebonack
2009-12-11, 06:40 PM
[The Village]

Milli's gambit seem to work, the cloaked being stumbling somewhat as its attack goes wide, leaving its back open to assault.

Best make this attack count. Might not get another chance like it.

Lex-Kat
2009-12-11, 06:53 PM
As Melody lays under the stars, with the two girls sleeping next to her, she remembers the letter that "Pop'd" up next to her as she worked.

She pulls it out of her back pocket and opens it and reads.

Too bad BR didn't PM me with the contents. :smallfrown:

Neon Knight
2009-12-11, 06:57 PM
[The Village]

Milli shifts again, the silver mane of the canine giving way to the golden curtain of Milli's hair; she rises up above the thing, bow in hand. She is swift, decisive, and beautiful, glimmering and gilded with silver, her tattoos brilliant lines along her skin, her anima flaring around her, her caste mark on her brow like a luminescent flare. The string is pulled back, and a silver Essence bolt springs forth. Like a mercurial bolt of lightning, it streaks out towards the figure's head.

Rebonack
2009-12-11, 07:02 PM
[The Village]

The arrow sings through the air with preternatural grace and accuracy before striking dead-center with the monster's head, causing it to lurch forward awkwardly.

It begins to lean back ever so slowly. As though it were falling in slow motion. Second after agonizing second passes. And still it does not drop.

But then...

Then a whisper in the wind.

"Perhaps... perhaps now... I will be free.

Again..."

And then the nightmare is gone.

Vanished away like so much mist.

Neon Knight
2009-12-11, 07:13 PM
[The Village]

Milli stands still for a second, bowing her head and murmuring a few offerings of peace for the departed being.

Once finished, she looks up and around at the village. Her wounds stop bleeding when she stops to think particularly hard about it.

Rebonack
2009-12-11, 07:20 PM
[The Village]

The lesser nightmare-beings seem to have slunk away in the mean time. No doubt they realized that they wouldn't be able to stand up to Milli. For now the small community remains silent. Aside from the sound of the soft breeze.

Desecrated corpses of the townspeople litter the ground.

Neon Knight
2009-12-11, 07:23 PM
[The Village]

With a sigh, Milli begins to perform the necessary work of putting all the townspeople to proper rest. Being an Exalt, the work isn't too difficult.

Rebonack
2009-12-11, 07:34 PM
[The Village]

In time the work is done. Dirty, smelly work. But necessary by most any estimation.

Milli may find relief when a light rain begins to fall.

Neon Knight
2009-12-11, 07:39 PM
[The Village]

Perhaps a little... not because the dirt is really uncomfortable. More because, in a way... it just feels like the sky is mourning. And that makes her feel better to think that. It's silly, but.... that's just how she is sometimes.

Milli shifts to the canine form to see if she can catch the scent of the nightmare creatures before the rain washes it away. She wants to destroy every single one before they can do this again.

Lex-Kat
2009-12-11, 07:40 PM
{Gersemi's Isle}

In the morning, Melody awakes and begins to go around, looking over her charges and making sure that all is well.

She finds a couple of patients didn't survive the night. With a weary heart, she helps the girls carry the bodies out to a freshly created graveyard on the other side of the small island.

She will leave Estia and Lyanna to bury them, while she goes back to check the rest.

Reinholdt
2009-12-11, 07:42 PM
{Gersemi's Isle}

Reinholdt gets up. And joins in assisting where he can. Anyone can probably tell he didn't get much, if any, sleep last night. These extended nightmare filled nights are really starting to wear on his health. If he hadn't swapped bodies as often as he has, he'd probably be in much bigger trouble.

horngeek
2009-12-11, 07:50 PM
Daisuke looks at Misaki. There are still people who care about you, Misaki. Who don't want you to go.

Rebonack
2009-12-11, 07:51 PM
[The Hunt]

Following the scent may prove difficult. The nightmares smell strongly of decay. And that sickly sweet odor is already heavy on the air.

Though with a little concentration the trail will be found.

The nightmares have set off through the forest. No doubt heading toward another small community a few miles down river. Should they reach it before Milli does...

Neon Knight
2009-12-11, 07:58 PM
[The Hunt]

Then she cannot fail.

Milli starts to run, her movement turning to a lope as she shifts once more to the like like forest hound. She goes into the forest and into the night, swift and tireless, pushing herself to overcome them.

Rebonack
2009-12-11, 08:13 PM
[The Hunt]

The trail isn't hard to find.

Anything the nightmares encounter in that forest capable of dreaming is slain and corrupted. Animal carcasses can be found mutilated here and there, thrown aside carelessly.

Milli is getting close.

Lex-Kat
2009-12-11, 08:13 PM
{Gersemi's Isle}

Reinholdt gets up. And joins in assisting where he can. Anyone can probably tell he didn't get much, if any, sleep last night. These extended nightmare filled nights are really starting to wear on his health. If he hadn't swapped bodies as often as he has, he'd probably be in much bigger trouble.
After taking care of the basics, Melody turns to Reinholdt. Please, sit down. She waves him toward the hay bail seat.

Reinholdt
2009-12-11, 08:16 PM
{Gersemi's Isle}

Reinholdt. Are all associations of good acts automatically related to Butler? :smalltongue:

Reinholdt shrugs and sits. He's good at following instructions like that.

Neon Knight
2009-12-11, 08:20 PM
[The Hunt]

Milli hurtles onward, perhaps a bit recklessly.

Rebonack
2009-12-11, 08:23 PM
[The Hunt]

The trap is sprung.

A net of thick, sticky fibers suddenly springs up in the hound's path, threatening to entangle her as a fly might be caught in a spider's web. Several of the lesser nightmare begin crawling out of every deep shadow in the forest, converging upon Milli, each beast more grotesque than the last.

Neon Knight
2009-12-11, 08:30 PM
[The Hunt]

Can I get a quick question answered? How long has it been since the fight with the thing in the village? A few hours, at least?

If Milli's anima is still blazing, she's locked into trueforms, which are her human shape and her hound shape. If it has been a few hours, she can shapeshift into some of her other shapes.

If not long has passed, Milli will try to skid to a stop, rolling into the net with an angry howl. She'll shift into human form to try and disrupt the sticky pattern of the net, hopefully allowing her to fight at lest partially free so she can draw a knife to defend herself.

If some time has passed, Milli simply shapeshifts into a mouse, coming to a halt well below the net.

Lex-Kat
2009-12-11, 08:39 PM
{Gersemi's Isle}

Reinholdt. Are all associations of good acts automatically related to Butler? :smalltongue:
No. I'm just used to RPing with Butler, not Reinholdt, I guess.

Reinholdt shrugs and sits. He's good at following instructions like that.
So, is there anything wrong? Was the bed not comfortable? Melody looks concerned.

Reinholdt
2009-12-11, 08:42 PM
{Gersemi's Isle}

"Hmm? Oh. No. The bed was fine. Just couldn't sleep much is all. You know how it is. Heh." Reinholdt tries to give a small smile.

Rebonack
2009-12-11, 08:53 PM
[The Hunt]

Thus far roughly half an hour has passed. The two villages aren't terribly distant from one another. Perhaps a three hour walk on foot. The nightmares from the first town didn't have that much of a head-start on Milli, however.

So her anima will probably still be alight.

Thus, the knife will be drawn.

The web is quite viscous, like getting one's limbs stuck in tar more so than an actual spider's web. The nasty stuff will stick fast and generally bog down movements. Though it won't render Milli helpless.

The first of the nightmares move in to attack, a monster clad in spiked tendrils and shaped like a headless horse lunges at Milli, flailing wildly. A sickle-clawed humanoid is close behind.

Neon Knight
2009-12-11, 09:00 PM
[The Hunt]

The foot long blade slashes quickly at the strands holding her before she tries to turn the arm so she can use the blade to ward back the nightmares.

Milli spends more Essence, her anima burning more brightly with brilliant silver and deep purple shadows. Her dexterity and reflexes are increased, allowing her to sort of compensate for the encumbrance on her limbs.

Lex-Kat
2009-12-11, 09:04 PM
{Gersemi's Isle}

"Hmm? Oh. No. The bed was fine. Just couldn't sleep much is all. You know how it is. Heh." Reinholdt tries to give a small smile.
Melody gives him a smile back. One that says clearly that she doesn't believe him. So what kept you up?

Rebonack
2009-12-11, 09:06 PM
[The Hunt]

That probably would help out quite a bit. Especially because that horse-thing would have eviscerated her had she not managed to dodge out of the way.

While the sickle-man and the headless horse move to flank Milli a horror like a cross of all the least pleasant parts of a spider and a hyena descends from above, readying another sticky snare to hurl at the Lunar.

And so hurled it is.

Reinholdt
2009-12-11, 09:09 PM
{Gersemi's Isle}

Reinholdt looks down at his hands.
"The nightmares. They've only been getting worse lately. And sometimes I-" He looks up at Melody and starts, falling off his seat backwards and screaming.

"GAHHH!! No! NO! GO AWAY!" It probably doesn't help he sees Calublufiok right there chanting something.

And for Melody's sake, nothing is there. Not even an illusion.

Neon Knight
2009-12-11, 09:37 PM
[The Hunt]

Milli thinks fast. This isn't good.

Another flare of Essence as Milli come sup with a plan. The spent energy flows into her, readying her muscles and nerves for a picture perfect response. She had to do this right, or...

Milli steps into the sickle clawed humanoids attack, the Essence aided technique hopefully perfectly tripping him up and sending his swipe astray and into the headless horse, while Milli gracefully danced away. Maybe the second net would land on them as icing on the cake.

((To be explicit, this is magical technique that allows her to use the opponent's attack as a counter attack against him or another opponent.))

Lex-Kat
2009-12-11, 09:46 PM
{Gersemi's Isle}

Reinholdt looks down at his hands.
"The nightmares. They've only been getting worse lately. And sometimes I-" He looks up at Melody and starts, falling off his seat backwards and screaming.

"GAHHH!! No! NO! GO AWAY!" It probably doesn't help he sees Calublufiok right there chanting something.

And for Melody's sake, nothing is there. Not even an illusion.
Melody ducks, rolls forward, then looks back to see who's attacking. Her pistol drawn and ready.

Oh, and DEADTIME.

Reinholdt
2009-12-11, 09:51 PM
{Gersemi's Isle}

But Melody! There's nothing there!
That's not stopping a shaking Reinholdt from hiding behind a bale of hay and muttering to himself.

"Goaway goaway goaway..."

Rebonack
2009-12-11, 10:05 PM
[The Hunt]

Nifty maneuver.

The two nightmares on the ground find themselves impaled on one another and hopelessly entangled now. So much for their clever ambush. The spider-hyena, meanwhile, doesn't find this situation in the least bit amusing and decides on a more straight forward approach.

Namely hurling itself from its perch to pin Milli under its mass whilst savaging at her with envenomed fangs.

The Bushranger
2009-12-11, 10:37 PM
[The River]

<She's... that's why she never came or looked for me. She's.... she's gone too.> Also, I thought Misaki's mom was named Kiyoshi. Or possibly Yoshiko.

((It was Kiyoshi. :smallredface: Lakshimi was a Townie from awhile back who Sept might remember...*thwacks self in shame*))

<Oh.>
...it's really all Quinn can 'say' to that.

<I'm sorry, sweetie...>

For a moment, she pauses, and there's the sense of her communicating something with somebody else.

...outside the mindscape, Daisuke might get the sense of a second Ascended figure nearby, a sense of concern and, maybe, slight bemusment.

But he'll stay an NPC, for to-become-obvious reasions...

<Sweetie...I have a few things I need to deal with first. But Daniel says that I can...come back. And I will, for you, the moment I have them dealt with. Alright? I promise! And you can help me and Astrid raise your little sister - you wouldn't want to miss her, would you?>

[Gersemi's Isle - earlier]

As Melody lays under the stars, with the two girls sleeping next to her, she remembers the letter that "Pop'd" up next to her as she worked.

She pulls it out of her back pocket and opens it and reads.

Too bad BR didn't PM me with the contents. :smallfrown:

((Whoops. I did, didn't I... :smallfrown: *thwacks self in further shame*))

The letter Melody read was from Dani (as might have been clear), and includes a photograph of herself, Sam, and Theo.

"Hi Melody!

Wanted to let you know we're safe and back on the demiplane again. What with everything going on Sammie thought it was safest so here we are! Can't wait to get back and see you again soon!

Dani"

horngeek
2009-12-11, 10:40 PM
Daisuke looks at Misaki. And until then, you can stay with us. Val and I will take care of you. All right?

Neon Knight
2009-12-11, 10:48 PM
[The Hunt]

Ah. That might be a bit more hard to deal with.

Milli doesn't move fast enough this time and falls under the spider, slashing at its underbelly with the knife.

Rebonack
2009-12-11, 10:52 PM
[The Hunt]

Given the way that Milli has been burning through essence life may be getting increasingly difficult for her. But at least there aren't any more nightmares crawling out of the shadows to devour her at the moment.

Though...

The knife through the spider-hyena certainly seems to hurt it. Kill it? Not so much. Those fangs will be driven into Milli's neck unless she does something about it in a hurry.

Jacklu
2009-12-11, 11:06 PM
[The Rolling Hills]

"Oooh, sorta. Some of the Realms that touch upon the Nexus are so different from Creation that you could scarcely call it another form. But more or less, yeah. I've actually been to Creation before. Was kinda nice. I found this one place that served meat on a stick that was really good. But I guess that's pretty much an inevitability, huh? Don't think I've ever heard of a Realm where you can't get some form of meat-on-a-stick provided both meat and sticks exist."

Seems he's rambling now.

"Huh? Hunted? I wasn't hunting you! I was stalking you so I could find the perfect time to welcome you to this crazy place! And try to ignore all the dead cat-people that are busy decomposing. Usually our scenery is nicer than that."

I see. Well, we have been welcomed, surely. Tell me, Dynamism, does this facet of Creation touch with the Wyld often? Or is it too far embedded into the center of material space to be so touched? The woman maintains her guard but relaxes slightly. She studies Avatar's physical body intently.

Lex-Kat
2009-12-11, 11:49 PM
{Gersemi's Isle}

But Melody! There's nothing there!
That's not stopping a shaking Reinholdt from hiding behind a bale of hay and muttering to himself.

"Goaway goaway goaway..."
Melody looks around, gun still drawn. Who Reinholdt? Who's there?

Almost said Butler again. :smalltongue:

She would have smiled after reading the letter. She places the photo someplace special to keep it safe.

Reinholdt
2009-12-11, 11:52 PM
{Gersemi's Isle}

:smalleek: Melody! Had to keep her safe! Reinholdt pops up again!

"It's Cal... u..."
:smallconfused:

:smalleek:
"It's Calublufiok! He's invisible!"

Lex-Kat
2009-12-11, 11:58 PM
How can you see him then? Melody backs away, trying to take cover behind the hay also.

Reinholdt
2009-12-12, 12:03 AM
{Gersemi's Isle}

"Well I did see him and now I don't see him and... and..." Reinholdt is half-terrified, half-confused. Why is Cal coming after him now? Is it cause he's gotten attached to people again? This is just like...

"... a bad dream..."

Lex-Kat
2009-12-12, 12:10 AM
{Gersemi's Isle}

So he's gone now? Melody's heart is racing.

Reinholdt
2009-12-12, 12:15 AM
{Gersemi's Isle}

"Maybe..."

"Maybe he wasn't there to start with..." There are ways to plague a person from afar without others noticing.

Lex-Kat
2009-12-12, 12:20 AM
{Gersemi's Isle}

Melody stands up and puts the gun away. She then turns and looks sternly toward Reinholdt. Reinholdt, I want to try to expell the nightmares from your mind. But to do so, I'll have to do it now, while I still have the energy to do it.

Rebonack
2009-12-12, 12:21 AM
[The Rolling Hills]

As mentioned before, Avatar is a rather normal sized, if odd looking, fox. Certainly not a human with blue fox ears. Or an oddly ethereal looking fox-tail ending in a fan of eagle feathers.

No, that's not what he looks like at-

Wait...

Wait, he doesn't look like an oddly colored fox at all!

There wasn't a transition.

And the memory is likely to insist that he never appeared as an oddly colored fox, but rather the reminiscently Lunar human the whole time. That odd symbol on his forehead is gone now, though. And the various orange tatoos just look like orange tatoos.

"Well... It depends. Most of the Realms that touch the Nexus were made in quite the way that Creation was. Creation was made by beings originally from the Wyld. Most of the places here were made by beings apart from the Wyld. And so they were carefully walled off to keep things from the Wyld or the Dungeon Dimension or the Far Realms from sneaking in and causing trouble," Dynamism explains. "It's basically a rather potent barrier that keeps thing separate."

Reinholdt
2009-12-12, 12:22 AM
{Gersemi's Isle}

"While you still have the energy?" :smallconfused:
"Does that mean it's dangerous or exhausting or something?"

Probably is dangerous since these aren't just Rein's usual horrible nightmares, but Rebo's supernaturally enhanced ones.

Lex-Kat
2009-12-12, 12:28 AM
{Gersemi's Isle}

Melody smiles a reassuring smile. Just exhausting. I've done this a few times recently since you last saw me, I've grown in power, a little. She smiles again.

Of course, she doesn't realize where the dreams are coming from.

Reinholdt
2009-12-12, 12:30 AM
{Gersemi's Isle}

Reinholdt frowns. He isn't sure. Especially if he has to try and sleep during it. The last time he slept through something, he ended up betrayed and undead. Then again it all worked out alright in the end.

"Al... alright. If you want to try."

Lex-Kat
2009-12-12, 12:58 AM
{Gersemi's Isle}

Cool! First, I need to let my assistants know that I'm not to be disturbed. So go up and wait for me.

Without waiting for his answer, Melody quickly walks out, then runs to the grave yard.

Reinholdt
2009-12-12, 01:01 AM
{Gersemi's Isle}

Reinholdt nods and goes upstairs to wait for Melody.

Jacklu
2009-12-12, 01:11 AM
A barrier. I see. The fey doesn't seem to mind or even note the change. Where it comes from, such things are common as to be unnoticeable. The woman loosens her stance further, releasing her gripe on her weapon. Barriers are meant to be torn down. Should be worth our time here, Companion.

Rebonack
2009-12-12, 01:22 AM
[Rolling Hills]

"Eerr... The Great Barrier coming down would be a bad thing," Avatar feels compelled to point out, raising one finger in protest. "And I'm not altogether sure that it's even possible expect in localized areas where the Stars Are Right. There are a few lesser creatures that can pass through the Great Barrier, but the bigger stuff gets caught."

And a good thing, too. While the Fair Folk can be fought some of the nasty things in the Far boasts stats like, 'Slay 4d6 adventurers per round'.

"I'm... kind of unusual. Given that I've been made into something altogether new. But the being I broke away from would love to see the barrier come down so she can twist all life into her aberrant offspring."

He makes a blech face at the thought of that.

Lex-Kat
2009-12-12, 01:23 AM
{Gersemi's Isle}

Melody returns soon after. Okay, sit cross legged on the bed. She climbs onto the bed also and does so. And face me.

And with that......
((DEADTIME))

Reinholdt
2009-12-12, 01:31 AM
{Gersemi's Isle}

"Alright." Reinholdt sits cross legged on the bed and faces Melody.

Jacklu
2009-12-12, 02:35 AM
Creation is rigid and stagnant. Breaking barriers serves to introduce change and potential back into it. The woman shrugs.

Rebonack
2009-12-12, 02:43 AM
[Rolling Hills]

Avatar opens his mouth to reply.

Then closes it again.

Then gives the Lunar one of those, 'Are you out of you mind?' sorts of looks.

"If you managed to sunder the Great Barrier, which I doubt you could to begin with," Avatar begins slowly. "You wouldn't bring change. You would bring annihilation. The whole Realm would be snuffed out like a candle cast into the sea. Life would be devoured, or worse twisted beyond recognition."

Jacklu
2009-12-12, 03:11 AM
The woman merely nods. Companion chuckles. She can be more zealous for the destruction of Creation than some of the Raksha themselves. Please, don't let her desire to see all physical Creation returned to the formless void taint your opinion of her.

Neon Knight
2009-12-12, 10:10 AM
[The Hunt]

Given the way that Milli has been burning through essence life may be getting increasingly difficult for her. But at least there aren't any more nightmares crawling out of the shadows to devour her at the moment.

Though...

The knife through the spider-hyena certainly seems to hurt it. Kill it? Not so much. Those fangs will be driven into Milli's neck unless she does something about it in a hurry.

Like stab the knife up into the thing's stomach, brace her boot against the hilt, and then kick, driving the knife up into it with great force?

___

[The River]

<But... momma... I feel like I should go...she misses me too...>

Lex-Kat
2009-12-12, 12:13 PM
{Gersemi's Isle}

"Alright." Reinholdt sits cross legged on the bed and faces Melody.
Melody closes her eyes and holds out her hands to Reinholdt. Take my hands in yours, and breath with me. She begins to breath in and out, slowly, deeply, and through her nose.

Reinholdt
2009-12-12, 12:21 PM
{Gersemi's Isle}

Breathe with me? Reinholdt successfully suppresses his laughter. He knows it isn't funny, but it just sounded so silly right then.

He'll take her hands and close his eyes, concentrating on breathing in sync with Melody's rhythm.

Rebonack
2009-12-12, 12:40 PM
[The Hunt]

That seems to do the trick.

Not only does the kick launch the monster out of fang-range it also manage to pierce something that was probably important in the process. The nightmare evaporates away into a thick mist and vanishes.

The other two horrors are still stuck in the messy net.

[The Rolling Hills]

"I... see..." Avatar responds slowly. He's presently hoping that he won't have to eat these two like he had with that cult of Daggoth that was trying to summon the horrible insect-thing through the Great Barrier to sow chaos and death upon the mortal worlds.

He doesn't particularly like eating people.

Honestly.

"Though I was birthed in the Far and still find my visits there a comfort I consider this Nexus to be my home now. Like most anyone I'm not terribly keen on others walking in and deciding they don't like the interior decorating, tossing out my old furniture, and replacing it with something else," he shrugs. "Home redecoration analogies aside I like it here. And there are plenty of people here who I would rather not see getting devoured by the amoebic sea or mutated into gribblies."

Lex-Kat
2009-12-12, 12:52 PM
{Gersemi's Isle}

Once they are in rhythm with eachother, Melody opens her eyes to watch Reinholdt.

Now relax. Remember your peaceful place? Go there once again, please. she says soothingly.

Reinholdt
2009-12-12, 01:02 PM
{Gersemi's Isle}

Peaceful place? Peaceful place... peaceful place... where was that again?
Oh. Right. Nightime on the beach by the ocean.
Relaxing place......
Reinholdt twitches a small smile.

Lex-Kat
2009-12-12, 01:13 PM
{Gersemi's Isle}

Melody then removes the distaff from under her pillow. (Yes, that's where she keeps it.) She begins to slowly wave it about Reinholdt's head, pulling the threads of fate and time out for her to see. As she does so, she sings a soft, lulling tune that I have no youtube video for, so just use your imagination, like everyone else. :smalltongue:

Reinholdt
2009-12-12, 01:18 PM
{Gersemi's Isle}

Awww... :smalltongue:
So sleepy...
Reinholdt hits that relaxed state that's not sleeping but could be with a little push.

Oh noes! His threads end soon! Or don't? :smallconfused:
It's like the future is uncertain and his player doesn't know how Reinholdt will fare in an upcoming major event. Whether to kill him mercilessly or let him live.

That aside, she should be able to see pretty much everything else involving the past. How he's naught but a clone who leeched off Reinholdt's old fate threads. Perhaps she can even see exactly when the nightmares started and that it isn't directly tied to his own horrible past, though that past certainly helps fuel it.

Lex-Kat
2009-12-12, 01:28 PM
{Gersemi's Isle}

Melody skims over most of it. reading only what she needs to, in order to decide that the thread's not what she's looking for.

But then she finds the magical nightmares.

She begins to attempt to remove these nightmares from those that should naturally accur.

It's a long process that may not work, depending on what the others involve decide. As she works, she continues to sing, keeping the tone light and even, as to not disturb her patient.

Reinholdt
2009-12-12, 01:32 PM
{Gersemi's Isle}

Does it work? I dunno. Maybe. Might need a little Rebo input.

Anyways, Reinholdt deadtimes for work.

The Bushranger
2009-12-12, 05:23 PM
[The River]

[size=1]<But... momma... I feel like I should go...she misses me too...>[/size[

[The River]

Quinn falls quiet for a long, very long moment, before 'speaking' once more.

<Sweetie...I won't tell you what to do. I wish you would come back. I don't want to lose you too. You won't be alone if you do. And there's so much more you have to do, that you have to experience. But it's your choice.

I love you, Misaki.>

Neon Knight
2009-12-12, 06:48 PM
[The Hunt]

That seems to do the trick.

Not only does the kick launch the monster out of fang-range it also manage to pierce something that was probably important in the process. The nightmare evaporates away into a thick mist and vanishes.

The other two horrors are still stuck in the messy net.

Milli rises, her bow returning to her with a slight gesture. Hopefully an arrow apiece would put these two down.

[The River]

<I love you too, Quinn. Always...>

The Bushranger
2009-12-12, 07:40 PM
[The River]

Quinn doesn't have any response to that...trying to give a mental hug, and crying. Both in the mindscape, and on the riverbank.

Rebonack
2009-12-12, 09:02 PM
[Arrow'ed!]

Two twangs of a bowstring.

Two thumps of shaft lodging deep within flesh.

Two gasps as two horrors breath their last.

The ambush has been cleared. Hopefully Milli will still be able to reach the village in time.

Neon Knight
2009-12-12, 09:13 PM
[The Hunt]

Milli is already moving, a prayer on her lips.

Rebonack
2009-12-12, 09:26 PM
[The Village of Headwaters]

It takes some time yet.

A good solid hour of running.

Every moment heavy with dread. With anticipation.

Will she make it in time?

Will the nightmares beat her to the people?

Will they all be dead when she arrives?

As the hound bursts forth from the forest she'll be greeted by the warm disk of the sun. Apparently the supernatural twilight hasn't reached this place yet. The sun is already starting to get low on the horizon, the various peasants seeing to animals and putting away tools, getting ready for a winter's meal.

The weather isn't terribly harsh. The warm sea nearby sees to that.

Several women are gathering water at a well near the edge of town. A man leading sheep into the stable. Life is passing her as it has for many years.

Peaceful. Simple.

horngeek
2009-12-12, 09:29 PM
Daisuke looks at Misaki.

I want you to stay as well, but... it is your choice. I can't force you to stay.

Neon Knight
2009-12-12, 09:50 PM
[The Village of Headwaters]

A sigh of relief. She wasn't too late...

But there was no time to waste.

The hound advances towards the village center, shifting back into the beautiful woman. She was the most lovely and fair being most people would meet in their lives, and she moved with grace, the silver light of her anima shining bright.

"Please, everyone! I need to speak with all of you!"

horngeek
2009-12-12, 09:54 PM
{{Um, NK? My post?}}

Rebonack
2009-12-12, 09:57 PM
{Gersemi's Isle}

Melody skims over most of it. reading only what she needs to, in order to decide that the thread's not what she's looking for.

But then she finds the magical nightmares.

She begins to attempt to remove these nightmares from those that should naturally accur.

It's a long process that may not work, depending on what the others involve decide. As she works, she continues to sing, keeping the tone light and even, as to not disturb her patient.

The nightmares aren't just magical figments of thought. Not a curse meant to haunt the cat in his sleep.

No, they're something much more dire.

More sinister.

Vile, dark beings from the Dreamlands are tormenting Kitteh, twisting and warping his dreams into visions of terror. And a simple dispelling is unlikely to repulse them.

[Headwaters]

The strange wolf running into the village catches attention in a hurry, the women at the well shrinking away before fleeing with a scream. And the situation quickly becomes worse when Milli shifts.

Several villagers are frozen in shock, wide-eyed in terror. For a time nothing is spoken. Only to be followed by the worst reply possible.

"A-a-anathema!"

Several flee into their homes.

Others brandish farm implements at Milli. "G-get out of here y-y-you demon!"

Gnrlshrimp
2009-12-12, 10:43 PM
A short distance away from the KNAVES castle, A single winged creation carrying some sort of weird device lands. It stands, motionless, suddenly without commands as Affidavit once more finds himself at odds with...himself.

Eventually it starts moving again, slowly, walking only.

Jacklu
2009-12-12, 11:14 PM
The woman remains stoic, but the fair folk lets out a boisterous laugh. I'm sure you have little to fear. The task we are undertaking is not one which shall be completed quickly or easily. Besides, this vector of Creation doesn't seem to protrude into the Wyld, so it would most likely be untouched should we accomplish out goals.

Rebonack
2009-12-12, 11:20 PM
[Rolling Hills]

"It protrudes into plenty of different extra-universal Realms. The Far, the Dungeon Dimension, the Wyld. Given that the space beyond space is infinite it shouldn't come as too much shock that there's infinite variety in it," Avatar shrugs. Then offers a quizzical look. "You really do want the material Realms to dissolve into the Beyond? Now see, I've never been completely clear on this. Why?"

Neon Knight
2009-12-12, 11:41 PM
[River]

((Apologies. I'm still thinking. Please give me a bit))

[Headwaters]

You're kidding. You have to be joking.

After all this time without running into even a hint of the Immaculate philosophy, after all of Milli's paranoia about Wyld Hunts and bumping into an Immaculate Monk or Dragonblood out here, after all of that....

It has to happen now, at the worst possible time.

Unfortunately, Milli is in no mood for this. Her anima surges as Essence flows into her, and perfects her presence, her appearance, and her voice, lending her already impressive Charisma an awe-inspiring power.

"Silence!"

Her power demands attention, respect, and compliance. It bewitches Essence and the seductive power of Milli's own talent.

((Deadtime.))

Jacklu
2009-12-12, 11:44 PM
Companion smiles wryly. The fact that there is a why is the reason. Creation creates a static point within the wyld and imposes a reality onto all Raksha, even those who ignore it. Time and causality, static physical forms, none of this was needed or wanted before Creation. It compels obsession within the Raksha and drives all towards a calcification and loosing of the fluid nature that is the Raksha. It introduces a why into a system of being that never needed one.

Rebonack
2009-12-13, 12:25 AM
[Headwaters]

Alas, the worst possible time is often when things of this nature pop up. It was an inevitability, really. It wasn't too long ago that not even a trace of Creation could be found within the Nexus. But now? With Exalts popping up left and right?

It was only a matter of time before a village somewhere on the edge of Creation was drawn into that strange crossroads of all possible realities.

Or maybe it's a colony that settled here some time ago, decedents from parents in Creation. Or even a parallel reality with many similarities.

Ultimately the explanation matters little.

These people think Milli is a demon.

And now they're cowering in terror.

[Rolling Hills]

Avatar tilts his head off to the side a bit, considering that explanation. That's weird. The Undefined beings he had run across in the Far never had any problems like that to work around. The fact that a material realm had been fashioned out of a minute fragment of their surroundings was pretty meaningless.

After all, the Great Barrier-

The Fox-Eared Fellow's eyes go wide. And then a hearty laugh, a slap on the thigh.

"That's your problem! When Creation was made it was made by beings of the Wyld! They needed to leave it open to themselves, so something like the Great Barrier would have been an impossibility! The reason aspects of Creation are diffusing into the Wyld is because the Primordials created a permeable barrier that would let them through. And it's letting Creation through to the Wyld, too. What you need to do is seal the both off completely, like what we've got in my neck of the Far."

Jacklu
2009-12-13, 12:51 AM
Sadly, it is far too late for such an action to fix anything. My existence withing Creation is proof enough of that. The only solution it to dissolve Creation back onto the formless wyld from which it was pulled. Now- Enough talk. It is clear that this being wishes to put a stop to us, and your charms are failing to convince it otherwise. Fight us or leave us be. The woman snarls and puts a hand on her weapon again. The Fey stands silent for a moment, then shrugs passively. If that is the solution you wish to pursue, I shall not impede you.

Rebonack
2009-12-13, 01:07 AM
[Rolling Hills]

Rawr, insane Lunar smash!

Avatar just quirks an eyebrow at her. Also doesn't do much in the way of attacking or leaving them be.

Instead, he raises on finger in a typical explanatory fashion.

"I think you're wrong there. Your experiance is limited, after all. The Raksha are crammed into a pretty darn uniform pocket of the Wyld. One big undefined mess with Creation smack in the middle. If you bothered to travel a bit you would probably be aware of the Katori and the issue they caused."

An *ahem* follows.

It's story time!

"The Katori were once a race of mortals. Mages of unsurpassed power, curiosity, and lacking in the common sense not to stick their heads where they don't belong. The discovered the Great Barrier surrounding their Realm and decided that it would be a swell idea to see what was on the other side. So they knocked a hole in it. The Wyld began to have dire influence on the surrounding lands. And the material world likewise began to have an influence on the Wyld. Eventually beings on both sides figured out how to patch the hole and started destroying everything that had been tainted. At this point all trace of what belonged on the other side has been completely purged."

Avatar crosses his arms and leans back a bit. "A Great Barrier would work. But it would take time for things on both sides to return to business as usual. And once business as usual is back you won't have to worry about time anymore."

Jacklu
2009-12-13, 02:25 AM
Again, the damage is already done. Even if it were imperceptible, the Raksha would remember it and know it still existed. Would feel the void caused by the Raksha whose bodies were calcified to create the scar in the wyld. The woman looks slightly annoyed that the conversation is continuing.

Neon Knight
2009-12-13, 09:10 AM
[Headwaters]

Actually, if they were from the edge of Creation, they'd be less likely to be Immaculates and more likely to be a different culture, possibly even a culture groomed and raised by Lunars and therefore viewing them as gods....

Ah, damn, why am I arguing? It's the Nexus, they could all secretly be pod people pretending to be a village of Realm peasantry. Roll with it and move on.

They are cowering, but they should be listening, spell bound by Milli's draw. Even if they are fearful, as long as they hear her, and understand her... she can work with that.

"Listen! A great trouble is going to befall you! When the sun sets, it will not rise again, and creatures of darkness will emerge to strike this place and slay every man, woman, and child within!"

Lex-Kat
2009-12-13, 02:21 PM
{Gersemi's Isle}

The nightmares aren't just magical figments of thought. Not a curse meant to haunt the cat in his sleep.

No, they're something much more dire.

More sinister.

Vile, dark beings from the Dreamlands are tormenting Kitteh, twisting and warping his dreams into visions of terror. And a simple dispelling is unlikely to repulse them.
If she cannot remove the dire, sinister, more than magical, not-a-curse nightmares, Melody will attempt to use the weave to follow them back to their source.

She will raise her own defenses, just in case of attack, preparing to sever her connection quickly, if necessary.

Rebonack
2009-12-13, 03:06 PM
[Rolling Hills]

Avatar can be good at annoying people sometimes.

It seems as though he's especially suited to annoy hasty panther women.

Avatar crosses his arms now, providing the pair with a scrutinizing look. "And how do you know?"

Yep.

That's it.

[Headwaters]

Well.

That's not a terribly pleasant announcement.

Murmurs ripple through the crowd. A hold on improvised weapons tightened. Just how much misfortune are they supposed to take in one evening?

Eventually one man steps forward, well aged by a life spent in the sun. Well toned by years of toil in the fields. "Even if what you say is true, demon. What could we simple folk do?"

[Running to KNAVES Castle]

One thing that needs to be kept in mind about Zee is that she's quick. Very quick. Not, 'Wow, that's pretty fast' quick. More along the lines of 'Woah! Did you see that?' quick. And at present she's quickly running toward a certain castle in the clouds.

[Following in the Footsteps of Darkness]

Tracking them won't be terribly difficult. The source in question is like a beacon of terror looming in the distance. A frozen gate atop a mountain far away, its bars beginning to bulge and break. Terrible things are issuing forth from that time worn door. And should it fail completely the situation will grow much, much worse.

Lex-Kat
2009-12-13, 03:11 PM
[Following in the Footsteps of Darkness]

Tracking them won't be terribly difficult. The source in question is like a beacon of terror looming in the distance. A frozen gate atop a mountain far away, its bars beginning to bulge and break. Terrible things are issuing forth from that time worn door. And should it fail completely the situation will grow much, much worse.
Melody will attempt to see if there is anything she can do, through the weave, to bolster the strength of the gate.

Rebonack
2009-12-13, 03:48 PM
[Dark Revelations]

Sealing the gate proves to be rather difficult. And that action quickly gains the attention of the Evil Monks working their magic upon the great passage in an ongoing effort to pull it open completely.

A deadly curse is sent racing back along Melody's link.

Reinholdt
2009-12-13, 03:57 PM
[Sucks to be you]

Hmph. A curse that's deadly? That's not much of a curse at all! One that makes someone think they're walking on marbles. Or one that causes them to itch constantly. Better yet, one that sends someone into continual sleep with these nightmares. That's a curse.

Anyways, near as I can tell, the link goes straight back to Reinholdt and Melody was simply traversing it.

So... umm...
Danger Will Robinson! Danger!

Reinholdt won't see it coming.

Gnrlshrimp
2009-12-13, 05:01 PM
[Near the KNAVES Castle]

Most things would see Zee as little more than a blur at the moment then, right?

The winged creation currently carrying the robot part that smacked into the castle watches her approach, its eye sparking as it rotates rapidly to keep up with her.

After a moment or two, it resumes its journey, walking steadily away from the castle.

Lex-Kat
2009-12-13, 05:25 PM
[Dark Revelations]

Melody tries to sever the connection before it gets back to her or Reinholdt.

If need be, she will weave a false thread that leads the curse to one of her dead patients.

Rebonack
2009-12-13, 05:34 PM
[Saaaaaaafe!]

It looks like Melody's gambit paid off.

Because Kitteh's head isn't exploding at the moment.

Hooray!

Reinholdt
2009-12-13, 05:37 PM
[Also known as the boring ending]

Reinholdt sits there. He's rather relaxed and all that.
Doesn't know what didn't hit him.

EleventhHour
2009-12-13, 05:47 PM
[Heading to Knaves]

As fast as the country side blurred around them, it was still too slow to outspeed the light particles that snapped instant memories into V8's memory banks, catagorizing the path from Inside to the floating castle. A glittering piece of white shielding slashes through a tree nearby, falling from the sky suddenly. It struggles to keep up with them, and likely won't be catching up at all, at least not until they stop for a while. Maybe when they reach KNAVES?

Lex-Kat
2009-12-13, 05:48 PM
{Sorry for stopping you from RPing multiple bad things happening to your poor kitteh. Maybe next time. :smallcool:}

Melody stops singing and immediately passes out.

Reinholdt
2009-12-13, 05:53 PM
:smalltongue:

Reinholdt stirs when the singing stops. "Is it..." :smalleek:
"Melody!"

Reinholdt goes to check her vitals.

And deadtimes.

Rebonack
2009-12-13, 06:13 PM
[Running Headlong Into a Winged Creation]

Simply a blur. A blur and a trail of dust. A smudge of color on the twilight landscape. A whistling wind. A whirl of motion.

The hydra-girl glances over her shoulder to address Veate. "Okay, I see the castle up ahead. We should be getting there any moment no-"

And then Zee will slam headlong into the winged creation unless the thing gets out of the way in a hurry.

Gnrlshrimp
2009-12-13, 06:30 PM
The winged creation in question...

Jumps, flaps its wings a few times, and flies over the mad high speed Zee.

Then it lands and resumes walking, hoping to get the crazy woman a bit further away from the castle.

EleventhHour
2009-12-13, 06:42 PM
[Foresty Path]

V8 takes a snapshot of the creation as it jumps overhead, "Heart." It states calmly, processing the image of the orb held in the thing's hands. It's head turns backward, watching it disappear behind them. "Vital to Repair."

Rebonack
2009-12-13, 06:47 PM
[Red Light!]

"Wait, was that one of-" Zee doesn't even get out the sentence before digging her heels in, tossing up a billowing cloud of dust and carving a furrow into the earth. Super speed is fun, but you really have to invest in a good launderer.

Should Veate go flying out of the wagon Zee should be able to catch her before she plows into a tree or something.

"Hey! You've got something we need mister robot!"

Neon Knight
2009-12-13, 06:50 PM
[Headwaters]

Well.

That's not a terribly pleasant announcement.

Murmurs ripple through the crowd. A hold on improvised weapons tightened. Just how much misfortune are they supposed to take in one evening?

Eventually one man steps forward, well aged by a life spent in the sun. Well toned by years of toil in the fields. "Even if what you say is true, demon. What could we simple folk do?"

Milli focuses her powerful presence on this one man. "You will prepare. You will be ready when the darkness comes. Otherwise, you will lose everything."

"You will survive this night, and preserve the lives of your children. I swear it."

Gnrlshrimp
2009-12-13, 06:53 PM
[Green light!]

The creation just keeps on walking, apparently ignoring Zee...

Rebonack
2009-12-13, 07:09 PM
[A Time for Chase Scenes]

Zee wrinkles her nose at the departing creation. That isn't exactly the response she was expecting. But she's going to have to work with it. "Hey! Wait! We need that glowy thing you've got there!"

And with that explanation given the hydra-girl gives chase! Hopefully the thing won't jump over her again. That would be annoying.

[Headwaters]

The man steps back a few paces, what courage he had failing as the demon addresses him directly. These people seem fearful to say the least. But they seem to be getting eh message.

For a time only glances are exchanged.

And then... "Well, you heard her! There are demons coming and we need to be set to stop them!"

A chorus of agreement follows as the villagers head off to collect what meager weapons they have on hand. The elderly man, meanwhile, moves forward with several others that remained.

"Why are you helping us, demon?"
"She probably wants to make slaves of us."
"Yeah, dead slaves aren't of much use."

Gnrlshrimp
2009-12-13, 07:11 PM
[Not really a chase scene]

As soon as Zee catches up, the creation...

Jumps out the way again. "We are busy, please stop bothering us!" It says as it lands.

Neon Knight
2009-12-13, 07:16 PM
[Headwaters]

"My reasons are my own, and you have nothing to fear from me on this night." Milli sighed. She needed to try and get some rest, to recover what Essence she could and to get her anima banner to fade.

Rebonack
2009-12-13, 07:41 PM
[Not So Chase Scene]

Zee glares at the creation.

Glaaaaaaares!

"Then give me that thing you're carrying and we'll call it even. It belongs to my friend over there," Veate is indicated with an outstretched finger. "So you had better hand it over or I'll... Uh... I'll cry! I'll bawl like a baby and you'll feel really bad!"

So there!

[Headwaters]

Milli is provided with several rather untrusting looks. Probably shouldn't come as too much of a surprise, really. If not for her implacable force of personality and power of will they probably would have just blown her off.

Or thrown pitch forks at her.

"Very well, anathema. But we're going to be keeping an eye on you," the elderly farmer warns. As if there were much that he and his people could do if Milli did mean them harm this night.

Gnrlshrimp
2009-12-13, 07:47 PM
[Chase scene? What chase scene?]

"You'll cry? That's it? That's the best you can think of? You honestly think I'll just hand over this piece of technology because you're going to cry?" The creation frowns and flaps a little higher, "I was hoping that robot would still be wandering about on its own. I'm not just going to hand this over, I want to examine that machine."

EleventhHour
2009-12-13, 07:59 PM
[Forest]

Previously sitting still, V8 finally decides to join in this discussion. In the only way it's half complete mind sees fit. The completed arm melds back, the fingers folding horizontally to the side forming a ring of silver and white, deep in the forearm a blue light begins to glow. "He-art. Viiital. Assist?" It asks the creation, the passe neutral tone taking on an icy overlay of madness as circuits short out.

Rebonack
2009-12-13, 08:05 PM
[You've Stolen my Heart]

Zee just looks up at the creation, her eyes beginning to grow glassy as her lower lip quivers.

It looks like she's really going to cry.

You heartless bastard, how could you do that to her?

Gnrlshrimp
2009-12-13, 08:10 PM
"Looks like the poor robot is dying there. How about this, you give me the robot and I help fix it up and examine it while you get any more pieces?" Yeah, totally unfair...

Neon Knight
2009-12-13, 08:11 PM
[Headwaters]

Milli nods, a curt acknowledgment and dismissal of the conversation, and goes to find a place to wait for darkness. A little sleep will restore some Essence to her, and might help her anima banner reduce.

EleventhHour
2009-12-13, 08:38 PM
[Yellow Light... Of Caution!]

"Re-valve/Re-set/Return. Heart." An uneven hum starts to build in volume, as the light grows in intensity. "Re-re-re-return." Little jolts of eletricity flare across it's chest, and the ball in the creation's hands starts to tug insistantly to be let out, as psuedo-magnetic fields pull on it.

Rebonack
2009-12-13, 08:46 PM
[Headwaters]

Many such locations are available. Sitting propped up against the well. That bale of hay. Someone's porch if they don't run her off.

Slowly, ever so slowly, the sun sinks toward the horizon.

The townspeople, meanwhile, are busy gathering torches and farm implements. There are ever a few bows and spears among them. But hardly enough to arm the whole population. This isn't a village of warriors after all.

[Look! A Distraction!]

That's right.

Start talking.

It's all Zee needs.

There comes a hollow *thoom!* as a ring of dust rolls across the ground about the shallow crater that marks the spot Zee had been moments before. When next we see her? She blurs into view above the creation, windmilling one leg about in a short circuit moments before aiming a devastating axe-kick at the top of the Creation's head.

With more than enough force to send it tumbling headlong into the earth below.

And no. Kicking it isn't going to hurt her. At least not enough to slow her down.

Gnrlshrimp
2009-12-13, 09:10 PM
[Getting kicked in the head hurts]

The creation is sent crashing to the ground. Luckily it's got some pretty strong bones inside, so even an impact of that magnitude results in relatively minor damage (in other words, no bones broken). It picks itself up quickly and sighs, "Just for the record, I want it to be noted that you're the one who used violence, not me! I'm offering to be fair. I merely want to examine the damn thing! Hell, I don't exactly have much of a chance if you try and take it back, do I?""

Oh, hey, look! The robot! Right nearby as well! Helpful!

The creation runs across, not letting go of the heart just yet.

Affidavit really doesn't want a fight right now. Why must other people always go straight for violence? "Hey! Look! I'm returning the heart! Happy now?" What happened to heroes who at least tried diplomacy? He would've negotiated a bit! But noo, it's a kick straight to the head now! Really not very nice, is it?

EleventhHour
2009-12-13, 09:42 PM
[Shot through the Heart...]

V8 stares at the creation, raising the now barrel-like forearm for it to inspect. Infact, it let's it have quite the clear view straight down the grooved inside and where a ball of light is twirling angrily, arcing electricity in little strands. "Re-re-re-reTurn. Andandnanadnand there will be... be... be... Cake."

Lord Iames Osari
2009-12-13, 09:54 PM
[A Mysterious Cave]

There is a mysterious cave out in the countryside. Sometimes it's there, sometimes it isn't. Local legend says that any who enters it is doomed to become lost forever.

From this cave emerges a gray-eyed man dressed in white robes, with a gold sash, sandals, and a broad straw hat.

http://wiki.rpg.net/images/thumb/1/17/Anshu3.png/96px-Anshu3.png

He looks around at his surroundings, noting the city in the near distance, then turns and looks back into the cave.

Rebonack
2009-12-13, 10:08 PM
[Because Everyone Likes Cake]

Zee figured he had a few connections loose that needed joggling.

Nor is she terribly skilled at diplomacy. And since asking nicely resulted in the mad-scientist asking to 'examine' the robot she figured that now would be as good a time as any to bop him.

"You were the one refusing to return what belongs to others," she waggles a finger at the creation. "I thought a more direct method of applying ideas to your cavernous skull might help! And look, it did!"

Hooray for violence!

"If you had just handed over the heart in the first place then head-aches would have been avoided all around."

[The Cave of Mystery!]

The fellow in the nice hat is shortly fallowed by another in robes of a very different make, a white hood pulled up over violently blue hair. Blue eyes of a similar hue peer out from under it, taking in the surroundings thoughtfully. A pauldron and chest plate offer ample protection from blows and the warm clock protection from the cold.

The figure's build is lithe and athletic. Graceful. Handsome. Or maybe beautiful. It really isn't easy to tell the traveler's gender to be honest.

He takes in a deep breath, closing his eyes and giving a contented sigh as he leans on his odd silvery walking stick. "Interesting place. Bets are I'm waaaaay out of jurisdiction here."

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y102/Ironack/steve.png

Lord Iames Osari
2009-12-13, 10:15 PM
I was thinking the same thing, unfortunately. It would have been nice if you could tap into the Loom and track her that way. But I suppose that if she - and we - were still in Creation, we wouldn't have had to go through that labyrinth of a manse in the first place. He sighs. Of course, if it were easy, it wouldn't need to be us out here doing it.

Rebonack
2009-12-13, 10:28 PM
[That Totally Mysterious Cave]

"I actually took a gander at it already," the blue-haired gal replies as she stoops down, using the end of her walking-stick to turn over a nearby rock. She remains silent for a few moments, watching the various bugs scurry out from under the thing before muttering a "Huh... This place is crazy. There's something like the Loom here, but it's all tangled up in Webs and Lines and Fractals and something else I don't think there are even words to describe. It's a mess. Would probably take years of study to even begin to figure it out. So!"

The stick is then shouldered. "You're right. We're on our own."

Gnrlshrimp
2009-12-13, 10:32 PM
[The cake is a lie!]

"Now hang on a sec, you're still not listening. I never refused to return it, I just want to have a good look at the robot once it's complete. You should be glad I'm not asking for more after you kicked me in the head!"

The creation shrugs and returns the heart, hoping that Zee will at least be nice enough to actually let Affidavit have a look at the thing once it's completed.

"So help me, if you make some terrible joke at my expense and say I'm never allowed to look at it, I will make you pay. I'm not nice all that often, at least respect my generousity." After all, he's actually not going to do anything harmful to the robo-thingy.

EleventhHour
2009-12-13, 10:37 PM
[Heart of Stone]

It almost smiles genuinely, taking the heart, and pressing it to the center of the white ceramic seeming chest plate. The orb sinks through, slowly, disappearing with a slight ripple. "Thank you for your assistance." It prys itself up, just as a whirling cresent of metal clangs into place against it's chromed spine. More small pieces come flying through the air, even as the last of the orb submerges into the chest. It stands easily, little blue lights pegging into it's side, and random plate coverings come spinning in to reconnect. It's like a magnet in a storm of iron fillings. V8 looks up, complete, or very close to being so. "It is no longer nessecary." It states, as it's arm shifts back to having a hand.

A series of small bars raise from it's back getting consecutively smaller the closer to the small of it's back, the largest and longest, being wide pieces that rose from the shoulder blades. It pushes off with one foot, and with a plume of sky blue light from these ridged bars on it's back, floats easily in the air, ignoring gravity.

Artemis97
2009-12-13, 10:39 PM
[Mysterious Cave]

"I'm sure we'll find her." Says a hopeful voice from behind them. It belongs to a green-eyed young woman wearing what appears to be an Ao Dai, the pants a deep brown and the top a cheerful pink. She also wears a large straw hat, similar to the first man's, but her's has flowers woven onto the brim. On her back was a simple pack and a recurved bow made from dark, laquered wood. A quiver made from a similar material hung from a belt at her hip.

Rebonack
2009-12-13, 10:44 PM
[Heart of Squishy Meat]

"I want you to understand, Prof, that I don't like you. I've seen you kidnap innocent people to do horrible experiments on them. You even tried that on me," Zee retorts, sounding none too cheerful at the moment. "The world would have been done a favor had you stayed dead. So I'm not inclined to do anything to help you. Because I would be an accomplice to whatever suffering may result from it."

In other words, no. She isn't too keen on letting him examine the robot.

"You can go burn in Sheol for all I care. You and your creations with you. You're a danger to everyone around you."

So there!

"C'mon, Veate. Let's go find the rest of your missing parts."

Gnrlshrimp
2009-12-13, 10:52 PM
[...HEART!]

"I hate your guts too, don't be mistaken about that. But in case you haven't noticed, this place is filled to the brim with armies and airships and all manner of nonsense. My Whale was attacked by some sort of GIANT SQUID! Zee, you may not like me, but, hell, there's no chance of me causing any trouble here!"

The creation looks across at Veate, then glares at Zee.

"It isn't your choice to make anyway! All I want to do is a brief examination of Veate here! I helped! I could've hidden the heart away and poked and prodded about with it! I didn't! I helped! What you're teaching me here is that generousity gives me no reward! Why bother then?"

Jacklu
2009-12-13, 10:54 PM
[cave of mysteries!]

Of course we will. I managed to follow her trail this far, haven't I? Now that we're in a place that holds some semblance to physical, concrete reality, it should be no trouble at all. The voice comes from... er... actually, it comes from a nearby tree. A woman in a simple gray gi drops from one of the branches and lands in a low crouch. It is possible that none of the others noted her passing them on the way out of the cave, but that shouldn't come as a surprise to them either. She is unarmed, but hardly weaponless, and as bald as the other two. She simply lacks the cumbersome straw hat, replacing it with a headband instead. Her arms are marked with intricate tattoos, marking both the intensive training she went through, as well as each of the successful jobs she has carried out.
http://public5.tektek.org/img/av/0912/d12/0333/9f2a983.png
Besides, I have a feeling the target might have let her guard down so far from home.

Lord Iames Osari
2009-12-13, 10:57 PM
[Mysterious Cave]

Anshu nods. Yes. We will find her. Hopefully you're right, but don't refer to my daughter as "the target".

Can you tell where she went from here?

EleventhHour
2009-12-13, 11:01 PM
[Passive Aggressive]

V8 remains floating in midair, passively staring at the two. "Do You Believe The World To Be An Equasion of Equality?" It quieries the creation, calmly, before looking at Zee. "Would That Things Remain Dead..." It trails off thoughtfully, examining something in it's mind. Processor. Whatever. "What has he done?" It asks, instead, seeming to have forgotten it's previous train of thought completely.

http://public5.tektek.org/img/av/0912/d13/2308/5e9b285.png (http://tektek.org/avatar/33290135) :smallwink:

Rebonack
2009-12-13, 11:08 PM
[Not Really so Much in the Cave Anymore]

By this time the blue-haired fellow is busy craning his neck back to peer at the sky. Apparently watching the stars rather intently. He isn't bewildered by the sight at all. More... fascinated.

"None of the same constellations. None of the same planets, either. A whole new world, without a doubt."

He won't admit it if someone asked him.

Not a chance.

But this place unnerves him. He's use to being on top of things. Pulling the strings. Stacking the deck. But try as he might he can't read the dealer. Even the stars aren't offering any hints.

[Nifty Robot!]

"It took its part in murdering people. Many people. I personally know of Twelve. There are no doubt more I didn't know," Zee's still stalking away, doing her best not to even look at the creation. Or listen to it. Or perceive it. As far as she's concerned she's doing it a favor by not stomping it into the dirt.

Jacklu
2009-12-13, 11:18 PM
[Cave of Wonders]

Sorry Sir. My mistake. Habit and whatnot. Targets are easier to kill than people. Course, they aren't here to kill her... <.< I should be able to. Though I am fairly certain that the... Nimai would have made her way in the direction of the closest city. She looks in the direction of the city in the near distance. We should start there and keep a low profile.

Gnrlshrimp
2009-12-13, 11:28 PM
[Domo Arigato]

"Because you're such a saint, randomly attacking me like that! I've been trying to behave, and what do I get? A kick in the head!" The creations shouts back at Zee, angrily.

"Besides, I helped! All I'm asking for is a quick look at you, Veate!"

Artemis97
2009-12-13, 11:30 PM
[That Cave Place]

"We should be able to ask around about her, too." the lady in pink suggests. A low profile was nice and all, but it wasn't going to really help them find the little girl. "I'm sure someone will have seen her."

EleventhHour
2009-12-13, 11:34 PM
[Go get a V8!]

She continues to stare down at them, then seemingly decides to test Gravity's need for her to stop ignoring it, and hangs suspended upside down in midair. "You Are Looking At Me, Now." It comments to the Creation, before twisting it's head and the newly reconnected cables to look at Zee again, who is busy moving away. "Many Things Cause Death. You Would Not Blame A River For Taking Life, Would You?"

Gnrlshrimp
2009-12-13, 11:38 PM
[I'm tired of robot puns!]

"That...is not what I meant. While I am looking at you, I do not understand you. How you float like that is...unknown to me. A chance to study you, even for a few hours, is all I ask for."

Lord Iames Osari
2009-12-13, 11:38 PM
Anshu nods. That sounds like a good plan to start with. It shouldn't take us long to get there. Let's get moving.

Reinholdt
2009-12-13, 11:50 PM
:smalltongue:

Reinholdt stirs when the singing stops. "Is it..." :smalleek:
"Melody!"

Reinholdt goes to check her vitals.

And deadtimes.
[Gersemi's Isle]

He'll work to lay Melody out on the bed and make her comfortable, checking her forehead and pulse and breathing.

"Melody? Melody, can you hear me?"

Jacklu
2009-12-13, 11:56 PM
[Rolling Hills]

Avatar can be good at annoying people sometimes.

It seems as though he's especially suited to annoy hasty panther women.

Avatar crosses his arms now, providing the pair with a scrutinizing look. "And how do you know?"

Yep.

That's it.

I know because it is so. It is so because it is known to be so by the Raksha. The raksha shrugs. The woman looks between the two and narrows her eyes. A Sidereal and two Terrestrials, and a Solar. She looks off over the terrain in the direction the wind carried the scent from.

[Cave Entrance

The woman nods. Yes Sir. She nods and turns to head towards the city, waiting for somebody else to take point now that they were in open country. She pauses and casts a glance off to the side. Her eyes narrow and she shakes off a shiver. We have been detected by... An exalted... And... She narrows her eyes further. A Raksha.

Artemis97
2009-12-14, 12:05 AM
[Open Countryside]

the Lady in Pink decides to take the lead outside of the cave, but pauses and turns to look back at the mention of a Raksha being in the area. "Are you certain?"

Rebonack
2009-12-14, 12:13 AM
[Never Get Bored of Robot Puns!]

"Rivers don't make conscious decisions to torture and dismember people. Monsters like that," a finger is leveled at the creation by Zee. "Do."

And with that she stalks off, not in the least bit interested in what's going on behind her by now. Apparently it bugs her when villains play the 'I'm innocent!' card after murdering heaven knows how many people for the unadulterated hell of it.

[Going Away From the Cave Now]

"Well, if we're hoping to make haste I could easily ch-" the blue haired woman pauses as the announcement is made. "Fair Folk here of all places?"

That's a surprise to say the least.

"Even more reason to be swift with our business."

And with that, Blue begins to weave a potent sorcery.

On several unassuming grasshoppers.

Wait, no.

Horses.

One for each of them.

Horses that were totally there the whole time and certainly not grasshoppers to begin with.

[Rolling Hills]

Avatar opens his mouth to reply.

Only to close it again when the announcement is made. This results in a low whistle. "Boy, it's just raining people from Creation today, isn't it?"

EleventhHour
2009-12-14, 12:19 AM
[All Robot, all the time]

It watches Zee go, then turns sideways, stopping almost nose to nose with the creation, assuming it doesn't move. "Prehaps at a later time." And, unless the creation has a way, and cares to, stop V8, it moves sideways, (horizontally without rotating back upright) after Zee, only correcting the angle once it gets closer.

Lord Iames Osari
2009-12-14, 12:19 AM
"Let us hope it is only the one Fae. But yes, if even one of them is here we should hurry." He mounts a horse.

Jacklu
2009-12-14, 12:34 AM
[cave]

The assassin keeps her eyes in the direction of the distant Fair Folk. There is no need to question my abilities now. This is my specialty. But There is only two of them. I doubt that they would take all of us on together. Not unless they have others with them elsewhere. Either way, I must agree that this serves to hasten our task. She mounts a horse as well. I will track them for as long as I am able, just in case they decide to make trouble for us. Though it worries me that a Raksha and an exalted are traveling together.

[hills]

The Raksha waits. Waits for its travel companion to to make up her mind as to how to proceed. Finally the woman turns her attention back to Avatar and Companion. They will be for now. If I decide to hunt them, it will not be without much preparation. Companion nods and turns back to Avatar. An entertaining twist, if I might say so.

Gnrlshrimp
2009-12-14, 12:37 AM
[Robot]

Perhaps, if Gnrlshrimp felt like it, the creation would pursue.

But, honestly, he just can't be bothered since he already knows how it'd end anyway. Also, Affidavit never killed anyone for the hell of it! It was always for the good of science!