PDA

View Full Version : Kniiife Eyeee ATTACK! [3.5 spell, PEACH]

Fortuna
2009-12-11, 04:18 AM
Knife Eye Attack (http://drmcninja.com/page.php?pageNum=40&issue=10)
Transmutation
Level: Assassin 2
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Personal
Target: Self
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No
This spell permits the caster to make one melee attack at the normal penalty for blindness. If it hits, they deal 4d4+4xStrength modifier+any sneak attack dice that they may possess.

Silverscale
2009-12-11, 06:29 AM
I don't get it does this spell cause blindness or are they attacking with a penalty for some reason.....pleas help me make sense of this

Jane_Smith
2009-12-11, 06:36 AM
Knife Eye Attack
Transmutation
Level: Assassin 1
Range: Personal
Target: Self
Duration: 1 round/level
Saving Throw: None
This spell allows the caster to grow two knife-like bone blades from his eye sockets for the duration. The caster may attack with these blades during a full attack, using a single attack to deal 2d4 + str bonus as a natural attack in addition to their full attack. However, during this time the caster loses his sight, and unless he has another means of detecting a target, suffers from normal blindness for the duration of the spell or until cancelled.

Fortuna
2009-12-11, 06:43 AM
Grumble grumble...
Fine, your version is probably better.

Prime32
2009-12-11, 07:30 AM
Great, now make the real one (http://drmcninja.com/page.php?pageNum=26&issue=11).:smalltongue:

Sir Sanguine
2009-12-11, 09:10 PM
Great, now make the real one (http://drmcninja.com/page.php?pageNum=26&issue=11).:smalltongue:

Yessir.

Knife Eye Attack!
Enchantment (Mind-Affecting)
Wiz/Sor 5
Range: 10 ft.
Target: One creature
Duration: 1 round/level (D)
Saving Throw: Reflex negates
Images of knives appear in your eyes. Unless the target looks away in time, they are snared by the spell.
For a brief time, the target believes that everything is knives. EVERYTHING. This has the following effects:
1) The target must make a DC 20 Balance check to move across the floor, which is knives. Its feet are also knives. If he fails the check his knife trips on the knives and he falls prone onto the knives. (Flying creatures suffer the same effect. The air is knives.)
2) The target can only make unarmed attacks, which it believes to be armed because its fists are knives.
3) The target cannot cast spells for which there is a material component that is not knives. It cannot cast spells with verbal components that are not knives.
4) The target can only speak nonsense about knives.
In addition, for each round the target is under this spell it begins to realize just what everything being knives would mean. It takes 1d4 Wisdom damage as it realizes that it can no longer dream, hope or love. Dreams, hope, and love are now knives. A target whose Wisdom score would fall below zero as a result of this damage is entitled to a Will save. If it saves, the spell ends and it falls unconscious.

Haven
2009-12-11, 09:16 PM
Sanguine, that's one of the best things I've ever read on this forum.

(I want to tell you what the best was, just so you know what a compliment that is, but it'd sort of sound like bragging.)

Sir Sanguine
2009-12-11, 09:26 PM
Wow. Thank you! Is there a linky to this best thing?

Haven
2009-12-11, 09:32 PM
Wow. Thank you! Is there a linky to this best thing?

Nah, it's from years and years ago, I don't think I could even find an archive.org link or anything. It's great for entirely different reasons--

I made a topic speculating that this (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0275.html)--specifically the part about "vibrational frequencies"--was a reference to the DCU, and the Giant popped in and said that he was thinking of Infinite Crisis when he wrote it. :3

tyckspoon
2009-12-11, 09:32 PM
..Damnit! I just smurfed that spell description..that is..
"In addition, for each knife the target is under this knife it begins to knife just what everything being knives would knife. It takes 1d4 knife damage as it realizes that it can no longer knife, hope or knife. Knife, knife, and knife are now knives. A target whose knife score would knife below knife as a result of this knife is entitled to a knife knife. If it knifes, the knife knife knife knife knife..."

I failed my knife.

Also knife has lost all knife. I knife meaning. I.. damnknife.

Sir Sanguine
2009-12-11, 09:58 PM
Heh, yeah, this is the true version:

Knife Eye Attack!
Knife (Knife-Affecting)
Knife/Knife 5
Components: Knife
Casting Time: 1 knife
Range: 10 knives
Target: Knife
Duration: 1 knife/knife (D)
Saving Throw: Reflex knives
Spell Resistance: Knife

Knife. Knives kniving knife. Knife?

...Darn, halfway through that the word "knife" looked so obviously silly and misspelled to me that I had to look it up. KN? seriously?

Haven
2009-12-11, 10:09 PM
..Damnit! I just smurfed that spell description..that is..
"In addition, for each knife the target is under this knife it begins to knife just what everything being knives would knife. It takes 1d4 knife damage as it realizes that it can no longer knife, hope or knife. Knife, knife, and knife are now knives. A target whose knife score would knife below knife as a result of this knife is entitled to a knife knife. If it knifes, the knife knife knife knife knife..."

I failed my knife.

Also knife has lost all knife. I knife meaning. I.. damnknife.

Cut that out! :p Sorry.

Forever Curious
2009-12-11, 10:13 PM
Cut that out! :p Sorry.

...WITH A KNIFE!!!

Haven
2009-12-11, 10:17 PM
...WITH A KNIFE!!!

...Thanks for that. (tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DontExplainTheJoke)

Lappy9000
2009-12-11, 10:23 PM
This thread is MAAAAAGIC :smallcool::smallbiggrin::smallcool:

DracoDei
2009-12-12, 12:55 AM
A target whose Wisdom score would fall below zero as a result of this damage is entitled to a Will save. If it saves, the spell ends and it falls unconscious.
Which is basically what would happen if they failed the save, so I suspect you have mis-phrased it.

Cogidubnus
2010-04-16, 06:08 AM
I think it means that you fall uncoscious and will recover naturally, rather than becoming comatose until you regain one wisdom point.

Roland St. Jude
2010-04-16, 09:10 AM
Sheriff: Thread necromancy.