PDA

View Full Version : Need Names

Window459
2009-12-15, 12:26 AM
Ok so im going to be running a game soon and i need some cool names for the 5 big areas in the my game they are: A kingdom ran by a Paladin King that is seen as the last place where virtue rules, An Empire ruled by a Vampire, A republic made by the elves and dwarfs, an island that is home to the illithids and a large jungle esk island that is home to various savage races (ex Gnolls and lizardfolk mostly). Thank you all in advance :smallbiggrin:

Temotei
2009-12-15, 12:32 AM
Here (http://www.enworld.org/forum/plots-places/203309-name-resources-those-who-have-trouble-naming-their-rogues-villians-heroes.html). This helps.

Elfin
2009-12-15, 12:38 AM
How about...
1) Something in the vein of "Elador", "Aratar", "Avendar", or the like.
2) "Cruoris", or simply "The Bloodlaw".
3) "Kell", or something that likewise combines typical Dwarven sounds with noble, more Elven sounds.
4) "Ar-Aazath", "Sar-Tuaz", or anything exotic-sounding.
5) Something barbaric; "Chalybos", "Karthagor", "Ghorrock", "Yrithheim".

Kallisti
2009-12-15, 01:34 AM
Ok so im going to be running a game soon and i need some cool names for the 5 big areas in the my game they are: A kingdom ran by a Paladin King that is seen as the last place where virtue rules, An Empire ruled by a Vampire, A republic made by the elves and dwarfs, an island that is home to the illithids and a large jungle esk island that is home to various savage races (ex Gnolls and lizardfolk mostly). Thank you all in advance :smallbiggrin:

1. Depends on the paladin's race, but go with something open and noble-sounding. Caemlyn, for example, if none of your players read Robert Jordan.

2. Eberron beat you to the Mournlands, but how about the Charnel Fields or the Bloody Realm? Something melodramatic, anyway.

3. Kell is a great suggestion.

4. D'oocvx-Aerlrran, or something equally tongue-mangling, with at least one v, one x, and one apostrophe.

5. Us Island (Humans Keep Out!), since they're savage races. Everyone else would probably have a descriptive name for it, based off its shape or what kinds of flora and fauna it has or some other distinctive characteristic.

Vorpalbob
2009-12-15, 02:15 AM
1. i suck at these names

2. possibly Lost Heaven? (bonus points if you know where that was stolen from)

3. Elanoria. I know, cheesy, but sometimes a nice flowing name works

4. Garduul. Sure, why not.

5. The Isle of Makutsk

You like?

SurlySeraph
2009-12-15, 02:19 AM
1. Lusia, Lumia, Solan, Solme, *other word for "light" or "sun" plus suffix*
2. Necroslavia! :smallbiggrin: More seriously, something Eastern European/ Balkans-sounding with a prefix that suggests death or blood is a good idea. Naczhekria, Sangvakis, Cruorus, Morthany.
3. I really can't improve on Kell. You could mash together dwarf-sounding and elf-sounding place names (Dwelflorien! Mirkdeep!), but Kell is pretty much perfect.
4. Either something tongue-mangling or something very short and undescriptive. Either something like Skueril'thaek or something like Cer.
5. Mozu's Island, Grusht, Krog.

Elfin
2009-12-15, 02:26 AM
3. I really can't improve on Kell. You could mash together dwarf-sounding and elf-sounding place names (Dwelflorien! Mirkdeep!), but Kell is pretty much perfect.

I dunno...Mirkdeep is actually pretty good.

pffh
2009-12-15, 02:29 AM
2) Hrimgard or Hrimgardur. Literally means ice city.

starwoof
2009-12-15, 02:29 AM
A kingdom ran by a Paladin King that is seen as the last place where virtue rules

Caermark. Vilasia. Knaithor. [something]-Fields. Verdania. Avaroth. Yelasia. Hargard. Austoria.

An Empire ruled by a Vampire

Vampiretoria. The Death Wastes. Ruin of [Vampire's Name]. Desolation of [Vampire's Name]. Verdinithrax. Kerth. Skulkast. Skulloch. Whispering Mire. Haunted Reaches.

A republic made by the elves and dwarfs

I got nothin'.

an island that is home to the illithids

Cerebric Spire. Isle of Clouded Minds. The Shrouded Isle. Mindlurk. Twisting Tentacle Rock. Prenath.

a large jungle esk island that is home to various savage races (ex Gnolls and lizardfolk mostly).

Therrok. Theriak. Kergerak.