PDA

View Full Version : Hellsing Anime Vampires? Has it been done?

Dante & Vergil
2009-12-15, 03:50 PM
Seriously, has anyone done any Vampire variant that's based on the Hellsing anime?
I ask because the Vampires from the show are, in my opinion, the most bad*** ever, and just wanted to see if it has been translated into D&D terms.

Mulletmanalive
2009-12-15, 04:48 PM
The Ravenloft 3.0 setting from Sword and Sorcery has a vampire base that does biting, spawning and most of the silly healing that Freaks get up to.

Alucard himself would probably function like a normal Vampire or a Nosferatu with the Soul Eater class from Book of Vile Darkness.

I think Ghouls would function like normal ghouls...

Was there something more specific you were looking for? Most of the actual vamps [both of those that i've actually seen fight, only read up to volume 5 i think] were pretty much Nosferatu Ravenloft vamps [take away the energy drain and you're basically there] with a unique spread of abilities replacing their normal bats, wolves and gas shifting...

Dante & Vergil
2009-12-16, 04:17 AM
The Ravenloft 3.0 setting from Sword and Sorcery has a vampire base that does biting, spawning and most of the silly healing that Freaks get up to.

Might be what I'm looking for.

I think Ghouls would function like normal ghouls...

Tectnically, they act more like zombies, but either/or is good.

Was there something more specific you were looking for? Most of the actual vamps [both of those that i've actually seen fight, only read up to volume 5 i think] were pretty much Nosferatu Ravenloft vamps [take away the energy drain and you're basically there] with a unique spread of abilities replacing their normal bats, wolves and gas shifting...

In Hellsing, as they get stronger (becoming a Nosferatu rank vampire maybe), they lose some or all of there weaknesses, the use of Familiars (Nothing like a wizards or sorcerer's. The mult-eyed dog thing he can become), and other abilities listed here (http://hellsing.wikia.com/wiki/Alucard). Do not read it if you don't want things spoiled for you.

Mulletmanalive
2009-12-16, 06:49 AM
Oh, i know of Alucard's abilities, i've just not been able to get any of the actual manga past seres victoria dual wielding on a roof.

I'm not sure how you'd do the whole gathering and retention of souls, though Barghest springs to mind. Warlock can also do a pretty good rendition of that sort of thing, as proven by my brother who almost always plays one based on the Shade from Starman.

Kommisar Engel
2009-12-16, 06:53 AM
I did a modification to a Vampire out of boredom.

Long story short; Take your standard Vampire Template, remove all weaknesses, remove the undead template but retain undead immunities, and power up existing abilities and add more (most came from Libris Mortis).

Dante & Vergil
2009-12-16, 04:04 PM
Long story short; Take your standard Vampire Template, remove all weaknesses, remove the undead template but retain undead immunities, and power up existing abilities and add more (most came from Libris Mortis).

The problem there is that the Vampire Template is unplayable, with the high LA and all.
I guess that is also another stipulation or two that needs to be added to it; no LA and it needs to be playable.

DracoDei
2009-12-16, 04:45 PM
With regard to the stuff mentioned in white, that is just a (powered up?) version of a perfectly standard vampire power.

If you want it to start at LA +0, then don't make it a template... there is no way to make it work while including all the relevant powers. Make it a monster class instead.

Killercloud
2009-12-18, 02:08 AM
Acctually its more simple than that. if you want it to be LA 0 its hard but not impossible. all you have to do is decide between three options:

Vampire Bloodline (I can whip one up for you; its from Unearthed Arcana)

Vampire Class and Race (the former requiring the latter; I can also whip this up)

Really Really Crappy Base Vampire that has a **** ton of weakness just to cover the basics, or a moderately crappy vampire with level progressing or limited number time per day abilities (I would perfer not.)

Dante & Vergil
2009-12-18, 04:24 PM
@DracoDei: Have you seen the Hellsing anime/OVA? I ask because I have no idea if you have or not, and that the white-out part above is more than just a powered up (as in bigger numbers) vampire ability, but one that may seem kind of unique to each vampire. (It seems that way, to me, at least.)
Here's (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-0DH7DLMVs) a vid of the perfect example use of one of the vampire's abilities.
Warning!!! As it has a lot of blood and some language.

In general, a vampire class along with the vampire template/race that does what I described seems pretty good.
Some suggestions to consider with the race and/or class. (Some spoilage)

Ban the enterance into the class, or after N levels of the class. The ban gets lifted when the Vampire feeds on a living being. (Just like a Prerequisite.)
The Familiars should be obtainable after that point although will probably not be as strong as what's in the vid right away. If at this point you don't know what these 'Familiars' are, they are the forms of beasts you can take.
Familiars should probably be unique to each vampire, but I guess that can be left up to choice.
Taking so many levels of the Vampire class should lose it's immunities all at once, in groups, or each seperately.

I'm sure there are others but I can't think of any, right now.

Solaris
2009-12-18, 07:59 PM
Pseudonatural template might also be a good place to look in regards to the Familiar.

imp_fireball
2009-12-19, 02:02 AM
The problem there is that the Vampire Template is unplayable, with the high LA and all.
I guess that is also another stipulation or two that needs to be added to it; no LA and it needs to be playable.

Regardless, Alucard would be very high level. Especially since he isn't a wizard.

Maybe if someone wanted to become a vampire the process of becoming an 'original' should cost major XP or be similar to lichdom. The other option is to get bitten, but that will either always make you a slave or kill you.

NosferatuZodd
2009-12-21, 12:18 PM
In order to do something like this, a class would be needed, a base class to be exact.

Dante & Vergil
2010-01-06, 03:01 PM
What would you guys say to somehow implementing something like this (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19528534/Soul_Bound) to Hellsing Vampires? The opening quote suggests that it was ment for Hellsing style Vampires in mind. (Not just them, as it looks like it could fit Devil May Cry as well as other styles of characters.)

DarkSunLord1
2010-01-10, 11:25 PM
Yes, an Hellsing OVA Anime/D20 conversion has been made. I believe it was produced by BESM (Big Eyes, Small Mouth), a company that works with anime/manga roleplaying.

The Hellsing d20 book is a hardcover book, and has a grinning Alucard on the front.

As I have already mentioned, the Hellsing d20 book is based on the OVA, not the Hellsing Ultimate anime series.

I don't believe that whatever company made the book is still producing it. However, there are copies of the book floating around; just keep looking. Two good places to begin are any stores that sell used roleplaying game products, as well as Amazon.com. Ebay might have some copies too.

Also, Two more things: The animes "The Slayers" and "Trigun", have both been converted to the d20 system. I believe the books were produced by the same company that made the Hellsing D20 book. I am uncertain as to thether or not these books are still being produced.

Drolyt
2010-01-11, 12:20 PM
Hmm... if you want to play a Hellsing style Vampire from level one make a rather weak race with all the drawbacks of a normal Vampire with only some of the advantages. Then make a class for them that slowly removes the drawbacks and gives them more abilities. Thing you have to remember though is Alucard is almost certainly epic level, his regeneration is almost perfect (comparable to the Tarrasque, or Buu or Cell from DBZ), he has transmutation powers, summoning powers, a number of powers I can't remember off the tip of my head... Really, he's like an epic gestalt Wizard/Tob Class Vampire who somehow got rid of all his weaknesses. Come to think of it, if you are talking about the Manga Alucard is actually Dracula, and Dracula was a Necromancer who used his powers to become the first Vampire, so maybe his abilities aren't representative of vampires as a whole...

Dante & Vergil
2010-01-11, 04:13 PM
Hmm... if you want to play a Hellsing style Vampire from level one make a rather weak race with all the drawbacks of a normal Vampire with only some of the advantages. Then make a class for them that slowly removes the drawbacks and gives them more abilities.

Well, I wouldn't necessarily say that they should start out at level 1, with the whole turning scenario and all, but if people really want to play one from the get go, then they should be allowed to with an option on the table.
The class should be done like that as you said, as I feel that when you become a better vampire, you lose the weaknesses that were debillitating you before, not get more of them, as I have seen the latter in countless homebrews.

Thing you have to remember though is Alucard is almost certainly epic level, his regeneration is almost perfect (comparable to the Tarrasque, or Buu or Cell from DBZ), he has transmutation powers, summoning powers, a number of powers I can't remember off the tip of my head... Really, he's like an epic gestalt Wizard/Tob Class Vampire who somehow got rid of all his weaknesses.

I figured that Alucard would be about Epic level, but it should be something that anybody can shoot for. Whether or not he's gestalt is up for debate, but I have no preference either way.

Come to think of it, if you are talking about the Manga Alucard is actually Dracula, and Dracula was a Necromancer who used his powers to become the first Vampire, so maybe his abilities aren't representative of vampires as a whole...

I knew he was Dracula, though him being a Necromancer is something I've never heard before and would like to here more about.

I have, again, searched this (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alucard_(Hellsing)) wiki and that (http://hellsing.wikia.com/wiki/Alucard) for determining what Alucard does, so as to give an idea on what a race and/or class progression may contain.

Drolyt
2010-01-11, 04:32 PM
I knew he was Dracula, though him being a Necromancer is something I've never heard before and would like to here more about.

I though the was a Necromancer was in the original novel, but it's been a long time, maybe I'm remembering things that weren't there... but no, I'm pretty sure he had magical powers before he became a vampire, and he did things that most folkloric vampires can't do, like control the weather.
Edit: Assuming Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Count_Dracula) can be trusted he studied the black arts at the Scholomance and used his magic to rise from the dead as a Vampire, but there it calls him a Sorcerer not a Necromancer, maybe I got that confused.
Edit 2: Here (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Alucard_(Hellsing)&oldid=328274539) is an older Wikipedia article with a better breakdown of his powers. Actually it seems to be the basis for the Wikia article.

Dante & Vergil
2010-01-11, 04:42 PM
I myself have never read the novel myself so I can't really say one way or another.
Also, what would you think of the Soul Bound (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19528534/Soul_Bound) class as a starting point?

Drolyt
2010-01-11, 04:51 PM
I myself have never read the novel myself so I can't really say one way or another.
Also, what would you think of the Soul Bound (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19528534/Soul_Bound) class as a starting point?

I don't get how that would work. Are you saying using vampire/half-vampire/etc. templates instead of fiendish/celestial? That still doesn't account for half the things Vampires can do in Hellsing, it's not just Alucard, they can all do things more powerful than that. In fact unless I'm misreading something that class is horribly underpowered, although I have no idea what dark knowledge is.

Dante & Vergil
2010-01-12, 02:58 AM
Well I thought the class would make a good base, not necessarily good as a whole.
The forums over there tend to praise good ideas, but they also tend to be on the underpowered side of things.

Obrysii
2010-01-12, 07:59 AM
The Vampire Lord (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mm/20021018a) is probably the closest official stats for a Hellsing-quality Vampire.

Drolyt
2010-01-12, 08:09 AM
The Vampire Lord (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mm/20021018a) is probably the closest official stats for a Hellsing-quality Vampire.

That fits Bram Strokers Dracula quite well, but is not as powerful as Alucard and isn't really all that playable. Would make a cool baddie though.

Dante & Vergil
2010-01-12, 05:19 PM
But I want to be the baddie.

dyslexicfaser
2010-01-19, 03:19 PM
Just messing about, but here's a few thoughts. I didn't bother to put it in a nice table or anything, because it's just a rough idea (also, I'm lazy). What else can Hellsing vampires do? And any suggestions for the later familiar abilities (negative levels, maybe?) or whatever else would be welcome.

No-Life King
D10, 2+Int
Good fort, good ref, poor will

1 d10, +2 str, No-Life King, Blood is the Currency of the Soul
2 d10, fast healing 1
3 Mutable Form
4 d10, +2 str, +10ft movement, fast healing 2
5 d10, Familiar I
6 +2 dex, fast healing 3
7 d10, Mutable Form
8 +2 str, Familiar II, fast healing 4
9 d10, +10ft movement
10 +2 dex, Alternate Form, fast healing 5
11 d10, Familiar III
12 +2 str, fast healing 6
13 d10,
14 d10, +10ft movement, Familiar IV, fast healing 7
15 +2 dex,
16 d10, +2 str, fast healing 8
17 Familiar V
18 d10, fast healing 9
19 d10, +10ft movement
20 +2 str, Familiar VI, fast healing 10

No-Life King: A No-Life King does not age, and receives no penalties for aging (though still gaining the benefits to mental stats).

Blood Drain:
A Vampire can suck blood from a living victim with its fangs by making a successful grapple check, dealing 5 points of damage and giving the vampire 5 temporary hit points that last for a number of hours equal to the HD of the victim. If it pins the foe, it drains blood, dealing 1d4 points of Constitution drain each round the pin is maintained.

Blood is the Currency of the Soul: By draining a humanoid or monstrous humanoid until death, a No-Life King takes their immortal soul into her body. They can no longer be resurrected by anything short of a Wish. For each opponent drained this way, the No-Life King gains some of their memories (resulting in an untyped +2 to a skill the opponent had in life), another d10 (though her total HD can never be higher than her character level)

Mutable Form: A No-Life King’s flesh is mutable. They may use the spell Disguise self at-will up to a total number of hours per day equal to their class levels. At 7, they may use Alter self instead.

Speed bonus: At 4, and again at 9, 14 and 19, a No-Life King gains a 10ft movement bonus to all movement types she possesses.

Familiar I: At level 5, the No-Life King gains a familiar, though not one like a wizard or sorcerer obtains. Her familiar is an amorphous mass of darkness that may extend from her body at will. The player chooses the form this darkness takes, though it may be a d6 bite, claw, gore, or slam.

Familiar II: At level 8, the No-Life King’s familiar increases in strength. You may choose one of the following: the familiar’s reach increases by 5’, the familiar’s attack increases by 1 step (as though by the Imp Natural Attack feat), or the No-Life King gains another movement type (flight, burrow, climb), though she cannot use her familiar to attack while using it to move.

Alternate Form: A No-Life King of 10th level may assume the form of a swarm of bats, centipedes, rats or similar creatures (set when they gain this ability) for a number of hours equal to their class level. When in this form, they lose all other special abilities and gain the natural weapons and extraordinary special attacks of the new form.

Familiar III: At level 11, the familiar of a No-Life King may gain another natural attack (of the same type as the first, or different), it may ignore 5 DR and/or hardness, or it may gain any of the previous powers. In addition, any natural attacks gained via the familiar may be used when using the familiar’s alternate movement type.

Familiar IV: At level 14,

Familiar V: At level 17,

Familiar VI: At level 20,

Owrtho
2010-01-19, 04:07 PM
and he did things that most folkloric vampires can't do, like control the weather.
Clearly you have rather limited knowledge of folkloric vampires. The ones commonly seen in movies and the like (even in Dracula) are horribly inaccurate in their depictions of most vampire types from folklore (if not all).

Owrtho

Drolyt
2010-01-19, 04:19 PM
Clearly you have rather limited knowledge of folkloric vampires. The ones commonly seen in movies and the like (even in Dracula) are horribly inaccurate in their depictions of most vampire types from folklore (if not all).

Owrtho

I'll admit I don't know much of them, but I knew that most media vampires don't represent them very well. I wouldn't call it inaccurate, they are just different (the media version is more popular anyways). The main thing is, are you implying that folkloric vampires could control the weather? I admit that would be news to me.

Dante & Vergil
2010-01-19, 05:00 PM
I think we got a winner here, with dyslexicfaser's No-Life King, which is an awsome name, by the way!
If you're looking for abilities, how about Regeneration as one of the later ones? As an undead it will probably need some maneuvering to make an ability effectivily similar to regen for undead.
That brings another question, why is the HD d10? I thought these where undead, which have d12's, and I also noticed no immunities that undead tend to have. Also, why are there listings of HD at some levels, but not all?
Also, I think giving them Charasima for bonus HP, and maybe even saves could fit, but that's me.

Pika...
2010-01-19, 05:17 PM
http://product.half.ebay.com/Hellsing_W0QQtgZinfoQQprZ30516565

Six dolla

Owrtho
2010-01-19, 05:19 PM
I'll admit I don't know much of them, but I knew that most media vampires don't represent them very well. I wouldn't call it inaccurate, they are just different (the media version is more popular anyways). The main thing is, are you implying that folkloric vampires could control the weather? I admit that would be news to me.

I'm fairly certain there was at least 1 type that could (been awhile since I looked into it). One thing to note, is that almost every culture has at least 1 type of folkloric vampire (many have several), each with their own set of powers, abilities, and weaknesses. The one depicted in Dracula was (from what I recall), not actually any of them, but just took some things from some of the more common ones in the area. The media ones have then further corrupted that. Hence the reason I call them inaccurate.

Owrtho

Drolyt
2010-01-19, 05:22 PM
I'm fairly certain there was at least 1 type that could (been awhile since I looked into it). One thing to note, is that almost every culture has at least 1 type of folkloric vampire (many have several), each with their own set of powers, abilities, and weaknesses. The one depicted in Dracula was (from what I recall), not actually any of them, but just took some things from some of the more common ones in the area. The media ones have then further corrupted that. Hence the reason I call them inaccurate.

Owrtho

Bram Stoker's vampires were largely his own creation, he just took the name and some of the abilities of vampires of local legends. His character is also supposed to be Vlad the Impaler, and gets that part screwed up too. At any rate if I remember it right Dracula explicitly could control the weather as part of his necromantic powers, it wasn't something any old vampire could do.

dyslexicfaser
2010-01-19, 06:12 PM
And then, of course, the vampire myth is so widely spread, I'd imagine you could probably find half a hundred powers attributed to them somewhere that you won't find in the European nosferatu, among them flight, white fur, and shape-shifting into more than the usual bat or wolf.

I think we got a winner here, with dyslexicfaser's No-Life King, which is an awsome name, by the way!
If you're looking for abilities, how about Regeneration as one of the later ones? As an undead it will probably need some maneuvering to make an ability effectivily similar to regen for undead.
That brings another question, why is the HD d10? I thought these where undead, which have d12's, and I also noticed no immunities that undead tend to have. Also, why are there listings of HD at some levels, but not all?
Also, I think giving them Charasima for bonus HP, and maybe even saves could fit, but that's me.
If you look at the Savage Species monster classes, they spread the HD out, so my vampire would have the standard vampire LA of +8 over the course of 20 levels (8 levels where they don't get hit dice), but mitigated by eating people to get back up to normal adventurer HD.

I'm not married to the idea, but Hellsing vampires do get stronger by consuming souls (or some blarney like that), and I also didn't want them to be able to get enormous numbers of HD like a Barghest can. It felt like a good middle ground.

d12's and resistances would probably make sense.

Also, what weaknesses do they have? I seem to remember the 'dirt of the homeland' in the coffin and inability to cross large bodies of water, but can't Seras get around okay during the daytime?

Dante & Vergil
2010-01-20, 01:44 AM
With everything of mine answered, I'll see how well I can answer you.
I don't think Seras could walk around in daylight on top of the crossing of large bodies of water, as I think this was shown when they were traveling to South America as Seras was locked tight in her coffin.
Also, silver is one of their weaknesses.

dyslexicfaser
2010-01-20, 05:00 PM
Yeah, I think I might have got the daylight thing from the first Hellsing anime, that went off and did its own thing.

The silver thing...
you mean Anderson's bayonets? I figured those were just blessed or something. Or did Integra's gun have silver bullets, is that why Jan Valentine caught on fire?

It's been awhile since I've watched the show >.>

Dante & Vergil
2010-01-20, 09:54 PM
Crap, I honestly don't know. I was going off of what I remember from both the anime and the manga, which has, admitedably, been a while.
Do you think this kind of information would be on Wikipedia or the like?

Sintanan
2010-01-21, 06:46 AM
...you mean Anderson's bayonets? I figured those were just blessed or something. Or did Integra's gun have silver bullets, is that why Jan Valentine caught on fire?

I believe Intregra's gun shot silver nitrate filled hollow-points at Jan. Which, if that is the case, does prolonged contact with silver make a Hellsing vampire burst into flames?

Or... at least I thought Jan make a comment along those lines with the English dialogue. Sorry that I'm not too much help. :smallfrown:

EDIT: A quick search tells me the episode in question with Intregra and Jan is #6. Can't find a transcript yet, though.

Drolyt
2010-01-21, 08:42 AM
I believe Intregra's gun shot silver nitrate filled hollow-points at Jan. Which, if that is the case, does prolonged contact with silver make a Hellsing vampire burst into flames?

Or... at least I thought Jan make a comment along those lines with the English dialogue. Sorry that I'm not too much help. :smallfrown:

EDIT: A quick search tells me the episode in question with Intregra and Jan is #6. Can't find a transcript yet, though.

Uh, Silver Nitrate is poisonous to Humans, but it isn't flammable, so if Jan caught aflame that was definitely a Vampire thing. I don't remember that, but it's been a while since I've either seen Hellsing or read the Manga.

Dante & Vergil
2010-01-21, 12:45 PM
I thought that Jan set himself on fire as a "screw you" to the Hellsing Organization.

dyslexicfaser
2010-01-21, 12:59 PM
I thought that Jan set himself on fire as a "screw you" to the Hellsing Organization.

Huh, you're right. In the original anime it wasn't clear, but in Hellsing Ultimate he snapped his fingers and burst into flames.

Drolyt
2010-01-21, 01:13 PM
Can someone enlighten me as to what advantage there would be to make a bullet out of silver salts? Plain old silver would make more sense.

DracoDei
2010-01-21, 01:29 PM
My GUESS is that it is because silver nitrate is either soluble in water (or vitae) or is a liquid itself. In either case it about distribution... it either dissolves into the vampires innards or the droplets scatter under the force of impact, either way it is harder for the vampire to just fast-heal the bullet out and be done with the bane damage.

Drolyt
2010-01-21, 01:40 PM
My GUESS is that it is because silver nitrate is either soluble in water (or vitae) or is a liquid itself. In either case it about distribution... it either dissolves into the vampires innards or the droplets scatter under the force of impact, either way it is harder for the vampire to just fast-heal the bullet out and be done with the bane damage.

It is indeed soluble in water, which is why it is useful in real life. So I guess your explanation makes sense.

Sintanan
2010-01-21, 02:05 PM
I am so sorry... I was mixing up my vampire shows. :smallredface:

Jan Valentine says (and I quote), "[Censored] mercury ignition bullets."
To which Intregra starts interrogating, "Give me the name of your master, I won't let you die until you do."
So Jan laughs, snaps his fingers which shows a spark. So, I'm not sure if Jan created a spark in order to ignite the bullets or if snapping his fingers was his version of a suicide capsule.

Assuming that the mercury ignition bullets are overly flammable as shown in the show, it appears they would be perfect anti-vampire weaponry... which questions why only Integra used them, unless they are supremely hard to produce.

Drolyt
2010-01-21, 02:30 PM
I am so sorry... I was mixing up my vampire shows. :smallredface:

Jan Valentine says (and I quote), "[Censored] mercury ignition bullets."
To which Intregra starts interrogating, "Give me the name of your master, I won't let you die until you do."
So Jan laughs, snaps his fingers which shows a spark. So, I'm not sure if Jan created a spark in order to ignite the bullets or if snapping his fingers was his version of a suicide capsule.

Assuming that the mercury ignition bullets are overly flammable as shown in the show, it appears they would be perfect anti-vampire weaponry... which questions why only Integra used them, unless they are supremely hard to produce.

To my knowledge Mercury is not flammable. Perhaps there is a Mercury compound that is flammable, or perhaps mercury is (somehow) used to ignite a flammable compound, though I have never heard of such (I am not an expert however).

dyslexicfaser
2010-01-21, 06:09 PM
To my knowledge Mercury is not flammable. Perhaps there is a Mercury compound that is flammable, or perhaps mercury is (somehow) used to ignite a flammable compound, though I have never heard of such (I am not an expert however).

Or perhaps what's really in the bullets is not mercury at all, but handwavium?

Drolyt
2010-01-21, 06:45 PM
Or perhaps what's really in the bullets is not mercury at all, but handwavium?

Most likely. Still, mercury is damn poisonous, so an exploding bullet with mercury could kill a human, though very slowly. Not sure why it would cause a vampire to explode though.

Sintanan
2010-01-21, 07:44 PM
Maybe when you mix mercury with handwavium you get mercury ignition, which is highly flammable when it comes in contact with vampires only?

Dante & Vergil
2010-01-28, 01:07 AM
So have we figured out what these vampires are weak to?

liebenow
2010-01-28, 10:27 AM
In Hellsing Ultimate, Integra twice gives out handguns with silver bullets... It has been a while but I believe both these events are true to the manga... The first event is during the brothers attack on Hellsing HQ and she gives these guns to the members of the round table. The second event is during the 3rd Reich's attack on London.

Drolyt
2010-01-28, 11:02 AM
In Hellsing Ultimate, Integra twice gives out handguns with silver bullets... It has been a while but I believe both these events are true to the manga... The first event is during the brothers attack on Hellsing HQ and she gives these guns to the members of the round table. The second event is during the 3rd Reich's attack on London.

Yeah, iirc silver is bad for vampires, but it doesn't seem to effect stronger ones. I wouldn't write it as a weakness though, I'd just give vampires DR x/Silver. Higher level ones might also have DR x/Evil or maybe x/-.

Dante & Vergil
2010-01-28, 03:08 PM
Sounds like silver is a winner!

Dante & Vergil
2010-02-09, 04:00 PM
For those of you still looking, there's Drolyt's version of the No Life King here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140751). It's not Hellsing based, but it should give you an awsome alternative.