PDA

View Full Version : Ranged Grapple Weapons

Rasman
2009-12-20, 09:24 PM
I noticed in an earlier post that Harpoons could be used to, basically, grapple at range. Are there any other weapons, besides the net, that allow you to grapple from a distance?

Glimbur
2009-12-20, 09:26 PM
There's a lasso in Book of Exalted Deeds. It Entangles, like a net does.

Dusk Eclipse
2009-12-20, 09:27 PM
IIRC there is a feat that lets you grapple with ranged weaponds.... Ranged pin maybe?

Ernir
2009-12-20, 09:56 PM
IIRC there is a feat that lets you grapple with ranged weaponds.... Ranged pin maybe?

Ranged Pin does a semi-grapple. It is conditional, and relatively easy for the target to get out of. =/

A Bloodstorm Blade using a Mancatcher (weapon, Complete Warrior) might do the trick.
I've read that Sharktooth Staffs (Savage Species) and Pincer Staffs (Underdark) do the same thing, but I haven't looked them up...

Rasman
2009-12-20, 10:04 PM
Ranged Pin does a semi-grapple. It is conditional, and relatively easy for the target to get out of. =/

A Bloodstorm Blade using a Mancatcher (weapon, Complete Warrior) might do the trick.
I've read that Sharktooth Staffs (Savage Species) and Pincer Staffs (Underdark) do the same thing, but I haven't looked them up...

I've seen the Mancatcher from CW, but it made it seem like I wouldn't be able to use it on anything bigger than me.

I guess I'm kinda looking for something like the Harpoon, something that will grab them and then let me reel them in. That just might be what I end up with, not exactly good for a Monk, but with Pathfinder, I can take "Throw Anything" as a monk feat and be fine with it I guess.

Dusk Eclipse
2009-12-20, 10:04 PM

:smallsigh: too bad