PDA

View Full Version : City of the Spider Queen questions

Tahlathali
2009-12-22, 10:18 AM
Ok, so to those that haven't seen my recent questions, it is me and my 2 cousins with 3 10th lvl gestalt characters doing this campaign adventure. While prepping for the next session, I realized (a little late I know but I've had the book for a long time and never tried the adventure) that it is 3.0 and not 3.5. It really hit me when I saw the hidden fang of lolth girl in room S3. I have also noticed that a lot of the spells used by mages are assuming 3.0 durations and not 3.5 (i.e. bulls strength and the like). For the fang of lolth, should I leave her as is or do I need to update her? I haven't seen a fang of lolth class yet in 3.5. Since we are playing 3.5, is there much I need to worry about updating?? or is it still pretty stable just leaving it as is?

Burley
2009-12-22, 01:18 PM
Usually, I've seen that unless there are some really severe power differences, it doesn't matter.
Having a monster with Bull's Strength, or whathaveyou, that lasts for 1 minute or 1 hour doesn't usually matter. Why? Because the fight will probably be over in less than a minute anyways. One enemy, if level appropriate, probably won't last long against an entire party.