PDA

View Full Version : TWEWY system?

Cute_Riolu
2009-12-23, 05:46 PM
Does anyone know of a TWEWY system, D20 or otherwise? If not, would anyone be willing to help out with one?

For those that don't know, TWEWY is an amazing DS game whose actual name is The World Ends With You. The whole world should play it.

SilveryCord
2009-12-23, 06:23 PM
oh man oh man TWEWY is amazing. It'd be kind of weird to put it in PnP form, but I could see it being very interesting. I'll be glad to work on that project after x2d20 is done.

Zetta slow!

Yuki Akuma
2009-12-23, 06:27 PM
Whatever system it uses it should probably be skill-based rather than level based. Sure, the game uses levels, but that's just for HP - everything else is based on items.

Cute_Riolu
2009-12-23, 06:30 PM
Obviously, a few things would be changed around, such as out-of-game concepts like the slider bar for level. :P

SilveryCord
2009-12-23, 06:41 PM
Whatever system it uses it should probably be skill-based rather than level based. Sure, the game uses levels, but that's just for HP - everything else is based on items.

Yeah, there could be skills for each brand, or divided up by elements, or whatever, and then when you have pins for that brand, you get its basic effect, and with a brand check you get the more advanced effects.

One thought I had for a truenamer fix, forever ago, was to make all the abilities at-will, like a warlock, but you make a truespeak check anyway either as a to-hit roll or to access greater effects.

Also, there needs to be a paper-doll system. You have to print out and laminate all the clothing items, and play dress up with your character to get full mechanical benefits.

jokey665
2009-12-23, 07:01 PM
I've sort of been working on a 3.5 version of the "Psychomancer" base class, obviously ripped straight from TWEWY. I've got the basics for the class mostly mapped out and like 5-10 psyches done and I think a couple of feats but it's been pushed to the back in favor of a much larger and (imo) more awesome project that I'm working on and will be for the foreseeable future.