PDA

View Full Version : Twin Druids

DarklingPerhaps
2009-12-26, 03:00 AM
I was just thinking...

In a campaign I played a while ago my DM had two druids who called themselves 'The Sisters' who were high level and would kill each other off every few years of adventuring and protecting 'their forest' just to cast reincarnation while the other was down and repeat the process, thus living forever. Would that work?

They were also nuts because of it. :smalltongue:

Edit: Yeah, they were random creatures. We were confused why a dark-skinned halfling and a noble-looking elf called each other sisters.

Swordgleam
2009-12-26, 03:02 AM
I would think the "nuts because of it" makes it balanced enough to work.

I seem to recall the reincarnation spell bringing you back as something random, though. But that was 1st ed, a dryad casting it, and our DM didn't like that character of mine. So who knows?

rockdeworld
2009-12-26, 03:22 AM
Spell description:

The spell cannot bring back a creature who has died of old age.
Although I don't understand why that is (except as a general rule against minmaxing - "yeah, my 10th level druid is 9460541603 years old with a young body b/c of this spell, so that's why his mental stats are so high") and you can houserule that the spell does in fact allow you to live a long time.

Akisa
2009-12-26, 03:31 AM
Spell description:

Although I don't understand why that is (except as a general rule against minmaxing - "yeah, my 10th level druid is 9460541603 years old with a young body b/c of this spell, so that's why his mental stats are so high") and you can houserule that the spell does in fact allow you to live a long time.

Actually by raw you can be 9460541603 years old if you die and kept being reincarnated. Take a look at this...

The magic of the spell creates an entirely new young adult body for the soul to inhabit from the natural elements at hand. This process takes 1 hour to complete. When the body is ready, the subject is reincarnated.

You can die venerable and come back as a young adult...

Grumman
2009-12-26, 03:32 AM
How about this:

Dvati Something 5 / Ur-Priest 1 / Ardent Dilettante 10

Kill the twin, use the Ur-Priest spellcasting to cast Miracle to mimic Reincarnate, then a second Miracle to return her to Dvati form. This way you don't lose a level, don't ever have to worry about losing your spellcasting, and can play both twins at once.

Akisa
2009-12-26, 03:34 AM
Or you can simply create reincarnate greater and no longer has level lost.

PhoenixRivers
2009-12-26, 03:49 AM
You can die venerable and come back as a young adult...

The sad thing is? Merely by being in a young body, your venerable mind would dull back to that of impeuous youth.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2009-12-26, 04:24 AM
It could work, it just depends on how you rule the wording of the spell:

1. It cannot bring you back if you died of old age, but you didn't die of old age so it gives you a new body. You now die of old age based on when the current body would do so.

2. It cannot extend your lifespan beyond the maximum age of your original race, i.e. a human dies and gets reincarnated as an elf but he still uses the human max age. In that case, just say they were Elans originally, which has no maximum age and can never die of old age, and no matter what they get reincarnated as they never have to worry about it.

Noble Savant
2009-12-26, 06:38 AM
2. It cannot extend your lifespan beyond the maximum age of your original race, i.e. a human dies and gets reincarnated as an elf but he still uses the human max age. In that case, just say they were Elans originally, which has no maximum age and can never die of old age, and no matter what they get reincarnated as they never have to worry about it.

Elans are aberrations though, which puts us in a different ball game altogether.

PhoenixRivers
2009-12-26, 06:50 AM
Elans are aberrations though, which puts us in a different ball game altogether.

Lemme guess...

Mutant League Football?
Blood Bowl: Chaos vs Skaven?

hiryuu
2009-12-26, 12:08 PM
Lemme guess...

Mutant League Football?
Blood Bowl: Chaos vs Skaven?

Calvinball.