PDA

View Full Version : Pratchett's Small Gods on radio/internet tonight

nagora
2006-02-28, 12:52 PM
In case anyone is interested, Small Gods starts a four-part dramatisation on BBC Radio 4 tonight at 11pm GMT. After the broadcast, the show will be available on the BBC website for download.

The only person I recognise in the cast is Patrick Barlow as Om; a good choice, I think.

See this link for details (http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/smallgods/pip/383o1/)

Maxymiuk
2006-02-28, 04:40 PM
Sweet! Thanks.

The Vorpal Tribble
2006-02-28, 05:04 PM
Ok, I may be missing something but I can't figure out where one would go to listen to the thing.

nagora
2006-02-28, 05:38 PM
Ok, I may be missing something but I can't figure out where one would go to listen to the thing.

If you're not able to listen to the broadcast in the UK the page I linked to should have a link appear which will allow you to listen to it after the broadcast has ended.

Actually; if you look in the top right of that page there is a "listen live" link which should get you the broadcast as it happens too.

Wukei
2006-02-28, 05:42 PM
I can't figure out how to navigate the site well enough.

I are American.

Americans is stupid.

I is stupid.

^.~

Gralamin
2006-02-28, 09:10 PM
yay for canada for helping dumb neighbours
I think I might of missed it (time zones can confuse me sometimes)

try this link Wukei (http://www.bbc.co.uk/go/radio4/int/-/radio/aod/radio4_aod.shtml?radio4/smallgods)

Btw Zelgadis owns

Wukei
2006-02-28, 11:24 PM
Yes...yes he does...it's the green skin... ^.~

Maxymiuk
2006-03-01, 01:47 AM
Well, just got a chance to hear the playback (I missed the live reading). Great stuff. Though a bit of a shame that they're cutting out so much narration in the interest of moving things along.

Midnight Son
2006-03-01, 02:17 AM
Is there any way to save it to my computer?

Jarl
2006-03-01, 02:42 AM
I always loved the Eagle and Tortoise part, "What a friend I have in the Eagle."
I always think of a kind of Waking Life-esque little scene of a tortoise plummeting...

-Small Gods is a good book.

JustinCognito
2006-03-01, 07:53 AM
Indeed. It's probably my favorite book in the Discworld series. When the death scenes in a book can be considered inspiring, you know you've done something good.

thethunderchild
2008-03-04, 01:12 AM
Indeed. It's probably my favorite book in the Discworld series. When the death scenes in a book can be considered inspiring, you know you've done something good.

Hello, all

Just found this forum by doing a search on Small Gods and Patrick Barlow, and hope it won't be considered too presumptuous if I ask if anyone recorded this show a year go, because I'd really, really like to get a copy.

Small Gods vies with Thief of Time as my favorite Pratchett book, and I've only recently discovered Barlow and am a big fan.

Can anyone help me out?