PDA

View Full Version : I need help for Scorpion!

Cicciograna
2009-12-29, 09:29 AM
Hello Playgrounders! Could someone give me some advice on how to make Scorpion? I mean, the good ol' Scorpion from MK...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b0/Scorpion_mkvsdc.jpg

playswithfire
2009-12-29, 10:17 AM
This came up on the CharOp forums a while ago, I think, so you may also want to search for that. From what I remember/have thought up, scorpion is most likely a swordsage/ardent with a power-storing harpoon.

Scorpion's powers:

Spear: Hurls a spear from his arm and pulls the opponent toward him, setting them up for a free hit. Power-storing harpoon with Telekinetic Thrust stored in it. Throw, impale enemy. Shout "get over here" as a free action, triggering the Telekinetic Thrust to bring the enemy towards you, through a square you threaten, triggering an AoO, so you can uppercut him (unarmed strike).
Teleport Attack: Teleport behind your opponent and and attack with a punch or a kick, it can also be performed in the air. The Shadow Hand teleportation maneuvers and the dimension slide power.
Fire Breathe: Removing his mask, Scorpion breathes fire on his opponents. Various desert wind maneuvers and Energy Ray/Push/etc powers
Hellfire: Summons fire from Hell beneath his opponents feet. I've forgotten their names, but one or two Desert Wind maneuvers can be re-fluffed to do this.

I haven't double-checked the ardent mantle lists to make sure it's not that hard to get all the powers you want. If I get a chance, I will. But, I think this works pretty well. It covers his powers and, if he's an unarmed swordsage, it also covers his ninja skills and his uppercut, in particular.

ShneekeyTheLost
2009-12-29, 06:15 PM
Unarmed Swordsage/Bloodstorm Blade4

Some of the Setting Sun maneuvers can also be used to pull him close. Use Bloodstorm Blade to be able to initiate maneuvers with a thrown weapon as though it were a melee attack