View Full Version : Paragon Fighter [PEACH]

Demons_eye
2010-01-01, 07:11 PM
Paragon Fighter

Requirements:
+6 BaB
Any alignment
4 fighter bonus feats
Must have defeated a foe of equal CR in single combat.

Features
Hit Die-d12

Class Skills

The fighter’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Handle Animal (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Ride (Dex), Swim (Str) and Tumble (Dex)
Skill Points at Each Additional Level

4 + Int modifier.

Fighter
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+1|
+2|
+0|
+2|Fighter bonus feats, Drive

2nd|
+2|
+3|
+0|
+3|Over Drive 1/day

3rd|
+3|
+3|
+1|
+3|Endure the pain

4th|
+4|
+4|
+1|
+4|Blade Tricks

5th|
+5|
+4|
+1|
+4| Two in one

6th|
+6/+1|
+5|
+2|
+5|Improved Blade Tricks

7th|
+7/+2|
+5|
+2|
+5|Hard to Kill

8th|
+8/+3|
+6|
+2|
+6|Supreme Blade Tricks

9th|
+9/+4|
+6|
+3|
+6|Another Chance

10th|
+10/+5|
+7|
+3|
+7|Final Blade Tricks

[/table]

1st level
Fighter bonus feats- Paragon Fighter gain a fighter bonus feat at the first second and every even level after words.

1st level
Drive- You have a need, a drive to live a princes to save, kingdom to rule, or even a evil enemy to smite. You gain a bonus to various things as listed below equal to one third (1/3) your fighter level or reduce penalties of things listed below equal to one third (1/3) your fighter level.

Static Feat bonus/Penalties (Improved Initiative/Two Weapon Fighting)
Special Attack options (Grapple/Bull Rush/Charge/Disarm)
Saves
Damage Rolls
Land speed x5
Effective death level (-10-Drive bonus-Con)(You now Die at effective death level not at -10)

For this ability add your fighter and paragon fighter levels to determine you fighter level.

2nd level
Over Drive 1/day- Once a day a Paragon Fighter can push his limits to no end, he must be under half his hit points to use this. He adds his full fighter level to his drive bonus for 3+Con modifier rounds. After this the Paragon Fighter is fatigued until he rests for 1 minute. You get bonus drives per day at 4th, 6th, 8th, and 10th Paragon level.

3rd level
Endure the pain - A fighter uses his drive to shrug the pain away and continue on his goal. When effected by damage or a spell he may delay the effect for a amount of rounds equal to your drive bonus, you can not delay damage or spells for more rounds then your paragon fighter level.

4th level
Blade Tricks- at the 4th level a Paragon Fighter can use many tricks to control his opponent. He can use any of these once per encounter. All DC's are 10+1/2 Fighter levels+Con modifier if needed. All are used as part of a normal attack or full act action. You can not use more then one Blade trick in one attack.

Stunning Blow- The fighter knocks the foe in the head momentarily stunning them. They are stunned for 1 round per 3 fighter levels. Fort save.

Fearsome Blow- With a sickening strike you instill fear into your foe. He frightened for 1 round per 3 fighter levels. Will save.

Powerful Blow- With a mighty swing you knock your foe back in a direction you chose. This acts like a bull rush but you needed not move and need not send them straight back. No Save

Numbing strike- With a blunt blow the fighter smack the foes muscles and slow them down, they move at half movement and can not full attack unless then spend a round rubbing the feeling back into their muscles. This can not be used on things immune to critical hits. Fort Save.

Wounding Blow- The fighter scratches the foe in a way or wounds them so that the damage repeats the next round. You can only instill wound with one hit. You can full attack but only one attacks leaves the wound. Max wounds on one person are 1/3 fighter level. Fort Save.

Ground Strike- This attack is not for a foe but you smash the ground with a fearsome strike that makes its impossible to move in. You can target the foes square but doing this allows for a reflex save. No save/ Reflex for difficult terrain.

5th level
Two in one A fighter knows how to move and strike. He gains pounce at the 5th level

6th level
Improved Blade Tricks As above but you can now use those blade tricks 1/2 fighter level per encounter and DC's are increased by 2. You also gain new blade tricks usable once an encounter DC 10+1/2 fighter level+Con modifier.

Roar of the hero- You let lose a might roar deafening any one near you in 60 feet. Fort save

Quick Strike- You strike fast, to fast for your foe to react. Treat attack as touch attack.

Weapon's Aid-You use your weapon in a weird was that helps your moments and skills. You can take 10 on any Str or Dex skill. Unlike the rest you can use this so long as you can use a weapon (Unarmed strike counts as a weapon).

Disarming strike- You make a quick jab and tear, wrenching something from you opponent. Foe must make a Reflex of be disarmed.

Improved Ground strike-As ground strike but a line going 5ft/fighter level out. Reflex save

7th level
Hard to kill
You gain immunity to poison's, critical hits, death affects, paralyze, stun, and level drain/damage

8th level
Supreme Blade Tricks As above but you can now use the first set of tricks fighter level per encounter and the second sets 1/2 fighter level per encounter. The first and second sets DC are increase by 2. You also gain new blade tricks usable once an encounter DC 10+1/2 fighter level+ con modifier.

Death strike-This attack can only be used if you critical hit, if you roll a critical then roll a natural 20 your foe dies unless they make a fort save. This effects creatures immune to critical hits but they gain a +5 bonus to the save.

Wind strike-You swing your sword making the wind itself attack the enemy with hurricane force winds. Make a range touch attack to deal 1d4 per level damage Slashing and knocking them back 5ft per 5 damage. No save

Pressure point Jab-You strike your foe in a point that momentarily paralyze them. Fort or Paralyzed.

Hiding strike-You cut the light so thin that you disappear, you smash the wind so foes can't hear you, you slash time itself as if you are not there. You gain the ability to hide from any sight for 1 round per 3 fighter levels. Your drive can increase this.

Great Ground Strike- As improved ground strike but everyone in a 30 foot radius. You can move in the area as if it was not difficult terrain. Reflex save .

9th level
Another chance- You have impressed the gods by your amazing ability and some times they wish you did not die. When you die roll a d100 with your fighter level as a bonus if you get 80 or higher you gain a free resurrection as if some one had cast wish.

10th level
Final Blade Tricks As above but you can now use the first set of tricks twice fighter level per encounter, the second sets fighter level per encounter and third set 1/2 per encounter. All sets DC are increased by 2. You also gain new blade tricks usable once an encounter DC 10+1/2 fighter level+ con modifier.

Final blow-You strike the final blow killing the foe and sending even his soul to darkness. When killing a foe use this ability, they can not be resurrected.

Shout of the King-You let lose a ear splinting noise you bring mountains to the ground. Everyone with in 120 feet will become deafened permanently, take 1d6 per fighter level sonic damage and become shaken for the rest of the encounter. The fighter may chose what he effects in the area, such as items or the environment but not people such as friend or foe.

Ultimate wind strike- You swing your sword in a circular manner causing the wind to form a tornado above you, with a might swing you let it lose on a foe that's within 25feet per fighter level dealing 2d6 per fighter level and making tornado condition for 3 rounds. Reflex for half.

Ultimate Ground strike-As above but the area also acts like spiked stone and its increased to 100 feet radius. Reflex to not fall and Reflex for half damage, you can move in this area freely

Trying to remake into PcR

Temotei
2010-01-01, 07:16 PM
Why are you forcing the fighter to be a leader? Most fighters have Charisma as their main dump stat, for one, and a lot of fighters are lone masters of the art. Right now, I can think of a few fighters from literature that would never take Leadership. Ryld Argith comes to mind right away. Forcing them to take Leadership is kind of...lame. Plus, their capstone is based off of Leadership.

Demons_eye
2010-01-01, 07:33 PM
Why are you forcing the fighter to be a leader? Most fighters have Charisma as their main dump stat, for one, and a lot of fighters are lone masters of the art. Right now, I can think of a few fighters from literature that would never take Leadership. Ryld Argith comes to mind right away. Forcing them to take Leadership is kind of...lame. Plus, their capstone is based off of Leadership.

Its more of people are drawn to the fighter because he is inspiring, the bonus leadership score is to offset any charisma lose. Maybe some sort of ACF or path they can chose for 6/13/20 level but that's the only thing I could think of at the time. I really could use some help coming up with a better capstone.

FlamingKobold
2010-01-01, 11:05 PM
A few notes.

1. Why a good will save?

2. Fighter bonus feats: Okay... Weird fluff text, but that's okay.

3. " You may also add this to special attack's, saves and speed (bonus x5). " Holy crap. You now have great saves, high DCs for other attacks, and really good speed. Seriously, what's up with the speed?

4. The extreme negative hit point thing + diehard = a ton of free HP.

5. "After the minute is up he falls unconscious and can not wake unless he has had a full nights rest." It doesn't need any more than 1/day, his days over... Anyway, this just entrenches the 15 minute day inherent to 3.5 as a fighter! and a fighters biggest positive is the fact that they can have at will stuff.

6. Material Prowess - Every exotic weapon proficiency feat for free? Not game-breaking, but then why is exotic weaponproficiency on the bonus feat list? Kinda useless...

7. Training - What kind of bonus is it? Inherent is probably the best.

8. Training can also be seen as kind of overpowered: You get +15 to stats over 20 levels.

9. " some thing negative " is worse that IHS. This is how it goes down: "Crit him with a vorpal weapon, his heads chopped off." "I retaliate." "What? You're dead!" "Not for 5 rounds I'm not!"

or even more abnoxious: getting pickpocketed is "something negative"... A more precise wording would be great.

10. "All DC's are 10+1/2 fighter levels+Con modifier if needed" - Why Con? You stun him better because you're tougher? I think strength makes more sense here...

11. "Stunning Blow" - Kind of OP. Way better than stunning fist, and it takes any one creature out of combat permanently at high levels...

12. "Fearsome Blow" - I think shaken might make tthis more fair...

13. "Powerful Blow" - there is a feat that does something similar, but i think this is a good ability.

14. "Numbing strike" - You don't get specific enough. What actions can they take? Does "rubbing the feeling back into their muscles" provoke an attack of opportunity? Does it work in armor? how many hands does it take?

15. "Needless yo say " - take this out.

16. "Wounding Blow" - Ummm, okay. Double damage, but a round later, so... it's okay.

17. "Ground Strike" - what does this ability do?

18. "You do not provoke attacks opportunity when using special attacks such as grapple or trip." - that's basically 4 or 5 free feats. Also, there are a lot of things that can be considered "special attacks," like, i dunno, spells?

19. "nt check of 20-1" - congrats, you made the fighter even more MAD.

20. "Born Leader" - so basically it's just 2 free feats. That aren't fighter feats. Weird.

21. "Born Leader" - why are you forcing him to be a leader? That's silly. And you made it even more freakiing MAD.

22. "Roll a 1d100 with you chance of instant death 3% per use in succession every round" - just say you can't so it. Please.

23. "Roar of the hero" - this seems more fitting for a barbarian than a fighter... It is not thematically consistent. How far does it go? I feel sorry for any allies you used to have... How long does it last?

24. "Quick Strike" - thematically, wouldn't this be flat-footed? And isn't it called a surprise round? Or winning initiative?

25. "Weapon's Aid" - I don't see why the ability to take 10 on strength and dexterity checks has anything to do with being a fighter... or "blade tricks"

26. "Disarming strike" - why not just use the old disarming mechanics?

27. "Improved Ground strike" - I still don't get it.

28. "Two in one " - powerful ability, but not game breaking.

29. "Improved Training" - +20 to physical stats over 20 levels? Without including the normal 5? Really?

30. "Push you limits 3/day " - No combat is 3 minutes long... All it does is gives you time to find a bed before you fall over.

31. "Death strike" - this is already a rule in a sidebar in some book. It's called a lethal strike.

32. "Wind strike" - No Save? What the heck?

33. "Wind strike" - 24d6 at minimum. This makes a fighter a great evoker. And makes absolutely no sense. Why aren't you playing a wizard?

34. "Pressure point Jab" - See "freezing the Lifeblood" or "Pressure point strike," both of which are pre-existing feats.

35. "Hiding strike" - No. This is a ninja thing. Not a fighter thing. It is so out of place.

36. "Great Ground Strike" - still don't get it. But if I'm understanding it right, no one can move, not even you, so I have no idea how this could ever be useful.

37. "Great Leader" - Again, no necessarily a leader. Other abilities arre covered by feats, and your cohort taking the Leadership feat.

38. "Air balance" - Even more MAD... Sigh...

39. "Air balance" - There are items to do this. Or a thirdlevel spell.

40. "Air balance" - That's a pretty fast speed... Speed should be static, dex determines maneuverabilty.

41. "Push you limits 4/day" - four minutes is not necessary.

42. "Final blow" - there are, like, 2 abilities in the game that do this...

43. "Shout of the King" - why is "the king" yelling? He has other people to do that for him

44. "Shout of the King" - same stuff. How far? Not thematic? Your friends hate you? You already have fear effects...

45. "Ultimate wind strike" - No. This doesn't work. You aren't a fighter anymore.

46. "Ultimate wind strike" - 4d6 per fighter level...?

47. "Ultimate wind strike" - ranged touch? that's not tornado-y... the reflex save is okay.

48. "Ultimate Ground strike" - again, just makes no one move for a while. You're melee. This is really unfortunate for you, but not archers, spellcaster, flying things, etc.

49. "Another chance" - This ability is either super overpowerred or almost useless. With a spellcaster, you're significantly harder to kill. With a spellcaster, you just saved ten minutes of their time. Woohoo.

50. "Push you limits 5/day " - inadequate for a 19th level ability. And 5 minutes is even more useless than 4.

51. "Legendary" - this is a bad capstone. You are a fighter! Your capstone has nothing to do with fighting. wtf?

52. "You can not die of old age" - great. This is fluff text, and makes no sense.

53. "Your leadership score increase by 12" - You're a fighter! Not a leader!

54. "you gain one last cohort 4 levels less then you first one" - have your 'minstrel' take leadership.

55. "or just likes you" - non-sensical. You get this by RPing. At 20th, all cahracters have this ability, for the most part.

56. "You gain a great deal of land to rule over" - not explicit. and, um, your level 20. you have this. You probably have your own plane!

57. "if you have such all ready your borders increase two fold" - sucks for all the people/towns/OCEANS that are near you, doesn't it?

There you go, 57 comments.

Milskidasith
2010-01-01, 11:22 PM
Overall, this is poorly worded and the abilities are all fairly absurd and random. An 80d6 attack (reflex halves) that's touch both ignores the normal rule that touch attacks don't have saves, is simply an absurd number of dice (who really wants to roll that many?), and the fact that you get 1/3rd your fighter level as a bonus to everything is just insane, because you essentially have better than good save progressions for everything, massive bonuses to hit (on anything that isn't a normal attack... which includes a charge), damage, etc. It doesn't really have a limit, either, which just makes everything confusing.

Then there's the "IHS but even more absurd, and with a rounds/level effect" ability, which I have no clue why you'd allow. "I'm dead, but can act for more rounds anyway?" That's just nonsensical.

The class is pretty much unrateable, just because it's so crazy. I agree with pretty much all of Kobold's points, though, but I didn't feel like going into specifics on every one of it's class features.

FlamingKobold
2010-01-01, 11:35 PM
Milskidasith: While I agree with what you said, I tried to put it in a more constructive manner :smallsmile:

Zeta Kai
2010-01-01, 11:35 PM
By some means a king/duke/overlord/ruler is indebted to you or just likes you. You gain a great deal of land to rule over and if you have such all ready your borders increase two fold.

This is a bad, bad, BAD class feature. Class features should represent some inherent ability (or increase thereof), based on the acquisition of experience. They should NOT EVER (& don't let anyone tell you different) be something that somebody gave you automatically because you gained a level. Nobody gives you land just because you're an Xth-level so-&-so. They don't give you a sword, or write a book about you, or marry you, or tuck you in at night based solely on your ECL. I've seen this sort of thing before (usually in sub-par 3rd-party books), & it's horrible.

If the DM wants to give you some land, he'll go that route, & you'll get your land. If he doesn't want that, then you don't get your land. This just puts strictures on the DM that he'll probably ignore, but it will likely create a problem at the table when the player wants their land as written (LAW?), & the DM has to come up with something else to shut 'em up & move on with the plot. Another headache for a resource-strapped DM? No thanks.

As a whole, this class isn't bad. In fact, it's pretty cool. But I would never use it as a Fighter replacement. Probably a Marshal redux, or something else entirely. This class has a very specific concept: a leader of man, a great man rising up to command a nation. That's all well & good, & a Fighter can certain fill that niche. But Fighters can do other stuff, too, & this class doesn't address that versatility adequately. It would be like replacing the Fighter with a straight-archer-only concept.

Origomar
2010-01-01, 11:53 PM
Tbh it has a little too much. i think you should change it into a prestige class for the fighter that is based on leadership.

base classes are supposed to be fairly broad, and forcing leadership down their throats isnt great for a class thats meant to just be like a soldier.

Demons_eye
2010-01-02, 12:10 AM
Its more of people are drawn to the fighter because he is inspiring, the bonus leadership score is to offset any charisma lose. Maybe some sort of ACF or path they can chose for 6/13/20 level but that's the only thing I could think of at the time. I really could use some help coming up with a better capstone.

I did say I could use some help with a new Capstone. Really what I had was 6/13/20th level gapes and filled it with leadership. Any suggestions?

And sorry for the wording, I did this in over 13 set downs so my mind was working differently every time. Should clean that up soon.

FlamingKobold
2010-01-02, 12:16 AM
You have bonus feats already. Also, if you want, look at the Myrmidon (I don't feel like agetting a link) for ideas. It is also a re-do of the fighter.

So, I think even excluding levels 6, 13, and 20 I still have 50 comments that apply. Just saying.

Temotei
2010-01-02, 12:23 AM
How about an evasive style? We've all seen fighting styles, but I don't think there's been multiple options for defense. It's always "when using a shield, +2 shield bonus...blah blah boring stuff."

Give an AC bonus, or evasion, or uncanny dodge, or save bonuses...etc.

Expand on that until you find a capstone for each. It shouldn't be too hard.

Demons_eye
2010-01-02, 01:15 AM
1. Why a good will save?

This class is about willpower so a good will save seemed fitting

2. Fighter bonus feats: Okay... Weird fluff text, but that's okay.

Feats show things you can do, I have improved grapple I can grapple better. Fighter train to get these feats.

3. " You may also add this to special attack's, saves and speed (bonus x5). " Holy crap. You now have great saves, high DCs for other attacks, and really good speed. Seriously, what's up with the speed?

This is to encurage staying fighter, if you take six levels and PcR out you have a static +2 bonus but if you stay fighter 20 you gain insane bonus.

The bonus is really only insane during push your limits as its spouse to be. Otherwise is like +30 to land speed.

4. The extreme negative hit point thing + diehard = a ton of free HP.

Kind of, 10+fighter 20+con+10 is only 30 more then normal.

5. "After the minute is up he falls unconscious and can not wake unless he has had a full nights rest." It doesn't need any more than 1/day, his days over... Anyway, this just entrenches the 15 minute day inherent to 3.5 as a fighter! and a fighters biggest positive is the fact that they can have at will stuff.

Agreed, wanted to work similar to rage but the penalties equal to the bonus you get. Big bonus penalties

6. Material Prowess - Every exotic weapon proficiency feat for free? Not game-breaking, but then why is exotic weaponproficiency on the bonus feat list? Kinda useless...

He has to practice every day to keep it for an hour, so unless you want spend all day working with weapons its only like 1 or 2 max.

7. Training - What kind of bonus is it? Inherent is probably the best.

Unstated but that can change. That one class in Miniatures handbook gets +2 Str a level so its not that overpowered as this is +1 every other level.

8. Training can also be seen as kind of overpowered: You get +15 to stats over 20 levels.

Again that one class get +20 over 10 levels, add in thing like legacy master and other "Advance class feature" you can get insane Str.

9. " some thing negative " is worse that IHS. This is how it goes down: "Crit him with a vorpal weapon, his heads chopped off." "I retaliate." "What? You're dead!" "Not for 5 rounds I'm not!"

or even more abnoxious: getting pickpocketed is "something negative"... A more precise wording would be great.

Will change to A negative effect such as a spell ability or hitpoint damage. This was molded after mad foam rage and the crusaders ability.

10. "All DC's are 10+1/2 fighter levels+Con modifier if needed" - Why Con? You stun him better because you're tougher? I think strength makes more sense here...

Maybe but, unless I am mistaken, in 4E you use Str/Con for attack, witch ever is higher, so that was where that came from.

11. "Stunning Blow" - Kind of OP. Way better than stunning fist, and it takes any one creature out of combat permanently at high levels...

Its a fort save so yes and no, will most likly change them into X times encounter then at will.

A few notes.
12. "Fearsome Blow" - I think shaken might make tthis more fair...

Mis worded, agreed.

A few notes.
13. "Powerful Blow" - there is a feat that does something similar, but i think this is a good ability.

Thanks, Awesome blow I think but that's only if you do so much damage. Not sure though.

14. "Numbing strike" - You don't get specific enough. What actions can they take? Does "rubbing the feeling back into their muscles" provoke an attack of opportunity? Does it work in armor? how many hands does it take?

Like all blade tricks its part of an attack.

15. "Needless yo say " - take this out.

Maybe :smalltongue:

16. "Wounding Blow" - Ummm, okay. Double damage, but a round later, so... it's okay.

k

17. "Ground Strike" - what does this ability do?

Makes difficult terrain

18. "You do not provoke attacks opportunity when using special attacks such as grapple or trip." - that's basically 4 or 5 free feats. Also, there are a lot of things that can be considered "special attacks," like, i dunno, spells?

Only those mentioned in the PHB such as trip and bullrush. It lets you use them with out AoO but does not give the bonuses. Kind of overpowered but your a FIGHTER. Your good at combat. This also does not let you get a feat that need, say, improved trip.

19. "Int check of 20-1" - congrats, you made the fighter even more MAD.

Starting out if you plan smart you would put high points into non physical stats then put train points into your combat stats. Besides if you study for 5 rounds you have to make a DC 15, study for 20 you auto make it.

20. "Born Leader" - so basically it's just 2 free feats. That aren't fighter feats. Weird.

Kind of but again, did not know what to put into that slot.

21. "Born Leader" - why are you forcing him to be a leader? That's silly. And you made it even more freakiing MAD.

Again bonus to Leader ship would have off set low charisma and did not know what to put in that slot.

22. "Roll a 1d100 with you chance of instant death 3% per use in succession every round" - just say you can't so it. Please.

Will change.

23. "Roar of the hero" - this seems more fitting for a barbarian than a fighter... It is not thematically consistent. How far does it go? I feel sorry for any allies you used to have... How long does it last?

I have read a few stories where a melee combatant brought mountains to the ground by yelling. Barbarianish yes but anyone with a good con can yell. Hear range and last 1 round per 3 fighter level.

24. "Quick Strike" - thematically, wouldn't this be flat-footed? And isn't it called a surprise round? Or winning initiative?

No... you swung so fast your foe could not react. Like some one shooting a gun close range.

25. "Weapon's Aid" - I don't see why the ability to take 10 on strength and dexterity checks has anything to do with being a fighter... or "blade
tricks"

You can use your weapon GOOD, this separates you from a ranger or barbarian. You know how to stick a sword in the ground just right, to help you balance but not to much in so you can't pull it out. You can use a dagger to climb, sticking it into the rocks to help you steady yourself. You use your staff to help you reach new high while jumping.

26. "Disarming strike" - why not just use the old disarming mechanics?

Quicker, can be used on AoO.

27. "Improved Ground strike" - I still don't get it.

As above

28. "Two in one " - powerful ability, but not game breaking.

Most Melees shoud have this by level 11ish.

29. "Improved Training" - +20 to physical stats over 20 levels? Without including the normal 5? Really?

May make it where you dont get those for leveling as these show your growth but again its 15 point overall the first gives you one every 2 levels means +10 while the other does the same over ten level meaning +5.

30. "Push you limits 3/day " - No combat is 3 minutes long... All it does is gives you time to find a bed before you fall over.

As above.

31. "Death strike" - this is already a rule in a sidebar in some book. It's called a lethal strike.

This is based off that ability.

32. "Wind strike" - No Save? What the heck?

You need a ranged touch so

33. "Wind strike" - 24d6 at minimum. This makes a fighter a great evoker. And makes absolutely no sense. Why aren't you playing a wizard?

If they are with in 30 feet and if you can make the ranged touch.

34. "Pressure point Jab" - See "freezing the Lifeblood" or "Pressure point strike," both of which are pre-existing feats.

So?

35. "Hiding strike" - No. This is a ninja thing. Not a fighter thing. It is so out of place.

Maybe, been reading alot of melee lore. "There was once a sword so sharp it could cut light itself and thus made the user invisible. Only they blind swordsman beat that sword." Kinda shaped this.

36. "Great Ground Strike" - still don't get it. But if I'm understanding it right, no one can move, not even you, so I have no idea how this could ever be useful.

Did you read it all? I put "you can move as if it was not difficult terrain."

37. "Great Leader" - Again, no necessarily a leader. Other abilities arre covered by feats, and your cohort taking the Leadership feat.

As above but ummm no? You gain another cohort not them so no extra followers.

38. "Air balance" - Even more MAD... Sigh...

Not really?

39. "Air balance" - There are items to do this. Or a thirdlevel spell.

And this fighter can use either or save the trouble and use this. Really if he does not have the money to get fly or a friendly cast hes SOL, this is trying to fix that.

40. "Air balance" - That's a pretty fast speed... Speed should be static, dex determines maneuverabilty.

Why should it? Fights are not static so neither should be the fighter.

41. "Push you limits 4/day" - four minutes is not necessary.

You keep sayign this like you have not said it before? Why bring it up 4 times?

42. "Final blow" - there are, like, 2 abilities in the game that do this...

Again so?

43. "Shout of the King" - why is "the king" yelling? He has other people to do that for him

Its more of the kings represent power authority strength and divine power.

44. "Shout of the King" - same stuff. How far? Not thematic? Your friends hate you? You already have fear effects...

Cost of use the power. Not every thing should be all get and no give.

45. "Ultimate wind strike" - No. This doesn't work. You aren't a fighter anymore.

Why not? Again with the lore, fighter could cut mountains, bring devils to the knees with a glance, hear an arrow from miles away, fight gods. This is fantasy not reality.

46. "Ultimate wind strike" - 4d6 per fighter level...?

You sound like a broken record, its one time an encounter.

47. "Ultimate wind strike" - ranged touch? that's not tornado-y... the reflex save is okay.

You try to aim tornado :smalltongue:

48. "Ultimate Ground strike" - again, just makes no one move for a while. You're melee. This is really unfortunate for you, but not archers, spellcaster, flying things, etc.

Read it more carefully.

49. "Another chance" - This ability is either super overpowerred or almost useless. With a spellcaster, you're significantly harder to kill. With a spellcaster, you just saved ten minutes of their time. Woohoo.

Not built around spellcaster. Not build around anything but the fighter. Was thinking of adding this earlier but I did not know.

50. "Push you limits 5/day " - inadequate for a 19th level ability. And 5 minutes is even more useless than 4.

Again with this?

51. "Legendary" - this is a bad capstone. You are a fighter! Your capstone has nothing to do with fighting. wtf?

Again with this?

52. "You can not die of old age" - great. This is fluff text, and makes no sense.

Said before I did not know what to do for cap

53. "Your leadership score increase by 12" - You're a fighter! Not a leader!

54. "you gain one last cohort 4 levels less then you first one" - have your 'minstrel' take leadership.

55. "or just likes you" - non-sensical. You get this by RPing. At 20th, all cahracters have this ability, for the most part.

56. "You gain a great deal of land to rule over" - not explicit. and, um, your level 20. you have this. You probably have your own plane!

[QUOTE=FlamingKobold;7611006]
57. "if you have such all ready your borders increase two fold" - sucks for all the people/towns/OCEANS that are near you, doesn't it?

See what I did there?

There you go, 57 comments.
58* replies

Demons_eye
2010-01-02, 01:21 AM
How about an evasive style? We've all seen fighting styles, but I don't think there's been multiple options for defense. It's always "when using a shield, +2 shield bonus...blah blah boring stuff."

Give an AC bonus, or evasion, or uncanny dodge, or save bonuses...etc.

Expand on that until you find a capstone for each. It shouldn't be too hard.

Yay, will think on it tonight and rework on everything Saturday/Sunday after work.

PumpkinEater
2010-01-02, 02:19 PM
A lot of this stuff is either poorly worded or vaguely worded.

Material Prowess- A fighter can master any weapon they use. Starting at the second level a fighter can temporally gain proficiencies with a weapon he use and practices with for one hour a day. He also gains the Improved unarmed strike and the superior unarmed strike feats.

What are the "superior unarmed strike feats"?

And why would he gain temporary competence with a weapon after training with it? "Yeah, I just finished practicing for an hour with this spiked chain. I'm totally proficient with it. But I'm going to forget how to use it in an unspecified amount of time." Not sure about you, but that makes little sense to me.

Ground Strike- This attack is not for a foe but you smash the ground with a fearsome strike that makes its impossible to move in. You can target the foes square but doing this allows for a reflex save. No save/ Reflex for difficult terrain.

This is also poorly worded. What's the area of effect for the "impossible-to-move-in" terrain? Whatever you want it to be? When can they get out? And if you're able to stop them from moving by striking the ground so hard that it makes it so your opponent can't move, wouldn't it be smarter to just use that strength to, say, kill the person?

Thematically, I don't think this fighter makes any sense. It's way too specific. Leadership, walking-on-air, shockwaves, earthshattering, earsplitting, god-awing at level 1, unkillable, and forgetful. These words come to mind when I think about this guy. What would be better is to split this class into multiple prestige classes. Someone who can leap above the trees, and come down with his hammer, causing a massive tremor. And someone who can walk on air, and create gusts of wind with a swing of his blade.

On a side note, you have "Push your limits 1/day" listed at level 15.

Demons_eye
2010-01-02, 02:54 PM
A lot of this stuff is either poorly worded or vaguely worded.

As said above (Really getting tired of saying this). I know, I plan on getting too it and rewording soon.

What are the "superior unarmed strike feats"?

Feat in ToB that grants higher unarmed strike damage as you level

And why would he gain temporary competence with a weapon after training with it? "Yeah, I just finished practicing for an hour with this spiked chain. I'm totally proficient with it. But I'm going to forget how to use it in an unspecified amount of time." Not sure about you, but that makes little sense to me.

If you practice with a weapon you can learn how to not cut your self, constant practice means you get good at using it. Don't practice you get rusty and forget that one thing you did last time so the spike chain did not nick you. Its the same with warblade, I can practice one hour so I can now become specialized in maces and not swords!

This is also poorly worded. What's the area of effect for the "impossible-to-move-in" terrain? Whatever you want it to be? When can they get out? And if you're able to stop them from moving by striking the ground so hard that it makes it so your opponent can't move, wouldn't it be smarter to just use that strength to, say, kill the person?

Read the end after the save, its difficult terrain, as in you can't 5foot and it takes twice the movement to move in it.

Thematically, I don't think this fighter makes any sense. It's way too specific. Leadership, walking-on-air, shockwaves, earthshattering, earsplitting, god-awing at level 1, unkillable, and forgetful. These words come to mind when I think about this guy. What would be better is to split this class into multiple prestige classes. Someone who can leap above the trees, and come down with his hammer, causing a massive tremor. And someone who can walk on air, and create gusts of wind with a swing of his blade.

Maybe for you but know for me. Most of the stuff you said has been hit on so not much to say.

On a side note, you have "Push your limits 1/day" listed at level 15.

Thanks

PumpkinEater
2010-01-02, 07:40 PM
Feat in ToB that grants higher unarmed strike damage as you level

Oh, I didn't know that. How many feats are there? Because that's a lot of free feats then.

If you practice with a weapon you can learn how to not cut your self, constant practice means you get good at using it. Don't practice you get rusty and forget that one thing you did last time so the spike chain did not nick you. Its the same with warblade, I can practice one hour so I can now become specialized in maces and not swords!

That doesn't make sense. How do you practice to "forget" something? I haven't looked too much at the Tome of Battle, so I'm not clear on a few things from that book, unfortunately.

Read the end after the save, its difficult terrain, as in you can't 5foot and it takes twice the movement to move in it.

Does it now? ... ... So it does. The "impossible to move in" part threw me off, I guess.

Maybe for you but know for me. Most of the stuff you said has been hit on so not much to say.

I'm not sure what you mean by this, sorry.

Thanks

No problem :smallwink:

Temotei
2010-01-02, 08:01 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by this, sorry.

No problem :smallwink:

It means: Read the above posts before posting.

PumpkinEater
2010-01-02, 08:21 PM
It means: Read the above posts before posting.

Ah, that's what he meant. Damn, I don't know why I didn't understand that sentence.

Anyway, I was just trying to elaborate a bit more, since he didn't seem to understand what parts of it didn't fit. I also only skimmed that huge post, so sorry if I repeated anything that was said before.

And I was wondering, is all this lore from the same source? Like, from the same culture?

Demons_eye
2010-01-03, 12:06 AM
And I was wondering, is all this lore from the same source? Like, from the same culture?

No, not all of it can be said to be pure fighter ether, King Arthur, Japanese lore, medieval lore, one German story I liked a lot, African lore, even some TV shows from childhood: Samurai Jack, Street fighter, Gargoyles, some new shows/media: Supernatural, Green arrow, LotR, Starwars, legend of the seeker.

Demons_eye
2010-01-17, 10:30 PM
Taking the advice from people I reduced this to a ten level PrC. More PEACH?