PDA

View Full Version : Best Soulmelds for a Gestalt Incarnate//Swordsage?

Kobold-Bard
2010-01-02, 01:23 PM
Re: Soulmelds & Manoeuvres

What Soulmelds & Manoeuvres would be good for a N/G Incarnate 6//Unarmed Swordsage 6? (Begins at post 9, before that is a previous discussion and I didn't feel this one deserved it's own new thread).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Best Class

As a character submission for an upcoming Lvl 6 Gestalt game I am looking to play an Incarnate, but have no idea what to Gestalt it with.

Planning Good aligned Incarnate, but would use Lawful or Chaotic if something caught my eye.

No Evil alignment or Tier 1 classes.

Thanks in advance,

K-B

AirGuitarGod32
2010-01-02, 01:30 PM
I wish to say Swordsage for this reason:

Incarnate is WIS boosted.

Swordsage is WIS flavored.

combined, you gain good saves, good BAB, meldshaping, and maneuvers.

either that or anything WIS based

Sinfire Titan
2010-01-02, 01:49 PM
Factotum//Lawful Incarnate is always a good combo.

Warblade. 'Nuff said.

Totemist, just be careful when shaping soulmelds so you don't overlap.

Wizard.

Druid.

Eloel
2010-01-02, 01:59 PM
VoP WS Ranger/MoMF

You have all goodies of magic items (ty soulmelds!), you don't lose them if you don't use low-Con shapes. You also get bonuses from VoP, and don't need to worry about losing item benefits while WSing, you're not using items, you're using soulmelds.

Kobold-Bard
2010-01-02, 02:05 PM
VoP WS Ranger/MoMF

You have all goodies of magic items (ty soulmelds!), you don't lose them if you don't use low-Con shapes. You also get bonuses from VoP, and don't need to worry about losing item benefits while WSing, you're not using items, you're using soulmelds.

Do they work when Shapeshifted? Druid uses the PHB2 variant.

Tempted by Swordsage/Warblade. Very tempted.

Also since you're there: Thanks ST for the handbook, helped a lot. :smallbiggrin:

Eloel
2010-01-02, 02:10 PM

Also since you're there: Thanks ST for the handbook, helped a lot. :smallbiggrin:
I don't see why they shouldn't, it's SOULPOWER tm, and you don't lose souls for using class features.

Sinfire Titan
2010-01-02, 02:34 PM

Soulmelds work provided the WS'ed creature still has the right slots (Magic of Incarnum Chapter 7, first page).

HCL
2010-01-02, 03:09 PM
Beguiler for uber skill monkeying and illusion spells

Possibly rogue or scout if you want to rely on sneka attack + acid spittle for lots of damage

Kobold-Bard
2010-01-02, 06:28 PM
Thank's y'all. Decided to go with Swordsage.

-------------------------
Now: What Soulmelds & Manoeuvres would be good for a N/G Incarnate 6//Unarmed Swordsage 6?

Keld Denar
2010-01-02, 06:52 PM
I'd highly recommend taking the Shape Soulmeld feat and nab the Thunderstride Boots soulmeld. Its normally only available for Soulborns, which completely suck, but in the hands of any other character, its pretty potent. I used it to great success in conjunction with a Totemist who got pounce from Sphinx Claws. Its a chance to stun on EACH hit on a charge when you put in your feet chakra.