PDA

View Full Version : Your worst intoxication

Cicciograna
2010-01-03, 08:26 AM
Tell me you worst intoxication, be it from wine, beer, shots or anything else.
Here's mine:

One of my friends owns a tennis clubhouse, and he invited us for a party. In that period I had a bad crush on a girl which made me some...ugly things...so I was in a really bad mood: hoping to soothe my sorrow, I grabbed a big bottle of wine and began drinking. On empty stomach.
I got drunk almost immediately, and began to act accordingly. I remember that, being hungry, I started eating too-cooked spaghetti from a glass full of that horrible wine, then, after this, an icecream previously dunked in said wine, all of this still drinking wine and wine (and some beer).
I began talking English (I'm Italian) with some of my friends, drunk as me, about how Gaia is going to destroy the Mankind, then I started crying the hell out of me: I alternated laughing to crying, and meanwhile I began puking (some of my friends even took photos of me puking, those bastards...).
I was in deep sorrow when a friend of mine mercifully brought me at my aunt's. I dragged myself on to the bathroom and continued vomiting, and I was there, puking as hell when I had a sudden moment of lucidity, an instant of perception in which I realized being completely naked, lying on the floor with my head in the toilet vomiting my soul. I felt so disgusted by myself that I never drank wine after this horrible night...

starwoof
2010-01-03, 08:33 AM
Youch thats a bad one. Luckily I rarely feel lucid when I'm drunk, just occasionally depressed and lonely. Though tonight we talked about who we were gayest for...

During the summer my roommate had a friend over that he hadn't seen in some time. Somehow they convinced me to drink 2 double shots of apple vodka and 2 mixed drinks that were 3 parts evercleaer to 1 part cranberry juice.

Ten minute later I was hanging my head over our balcony with a finger down my throat to induce vomiting. I hardly even remember it, I was so drunk. Then I passed out on my bed.

Elapsed time: 30 minutes.

I haven't done it so quick since. Don't plan to neither.

onthetown
2010-01-03, 08:48 AM
I've never been flat-out falling-over drunk, but I got pretty close one time.

The Christmas before last, my boyfriend bought a bottle of white wine or champagne or something for us to share on Christmas Eve. I was so excited to be drinking (I wasn't legal age then, I am now) that I threw caution to the wind. I downed almost 2/3 of a huge bottle within half an hour. I don't remember anything, but he says I was very giggly and spastic. Also, his parents don't talk to me anymore... :smalleek:

I'm kind of scared to ask them why, though. I have a feeling they didn't appreciate the drunkenness.

Cicciograna
2010-01-03, 09:11 AM
Naughty, naughty girl! :smallwink:

jlvm4
2010-01-03, 11:21 AM
Tell me you worst intoxication, be it from wine, beer, shots or anything else.
Here's my:

One of my friends owns a tennis clubhouse, and he invited us for a party. In that period I had a bad crush on a girl which made me some...ugly things...so I was in a really bad mood: hoping to soothe my sorrow, I grabbed a big bottle of wine and began drinking. On empty stomach.

I never drank wine after this horrible night...

My deepest sympathies. It sounds awful. I get depressed when I drink, so I've never actually been drunk. From this thread, I suspect that's a very good thing. I hope things got better for you.

Kneenibble
2010-01-03, 01:05 PM
I am sorry, Cicciograna, for your awful experience. That an Italian should come to such a bad cross with wine is perhaps the greatest tragedy. Those kinds of nights can hang shame on a soul for years.

My worst intoxication involved a bottle of Jagermeister and some champagne maybe five New Years past. It also came to involve running around the house naked after midnight in -30 C, which included having to hop a chain link fence... naked... and later forgetting English to speak in a garbled hybrid of Japanese and Latin on the kitchen floor. And at last the not-so-hilarious inevitability of shouting at the porcelain phone and being dragged unconscious into a car by soberer friends, and the convalescent hell the day after.

I call that night the Jagermonster. Bad medicine. :smallsigh:

Pauwel
2010-01-03, 01:06 PM
Approximately one month ago, on my nineteenth birthday, I got drunk. Very, very drunk.

In Denmark drinking stomach-churning amounts of alcohol is not only common among people my age - it is encouraged. And that night I did indeed honour my heritage. Specifically, I drank an absurd amount of schnapps (real schnapps, that is, not the American kind ;) ). I passed out halfway into my own party and had a horrible night, having to puke excessively and several times. The recovery must have taken about 20 hours altogether, during which I was incapable of anything productive.

Actually, now that I think about it, I was at a school party about a year ago where I was hanging out with one my friends in the school basement (sad, I know) - my friend is a school technician and therefore has access to the vast amounts of alcohol contained in said basement. As things turned out, I spent most of the party buried in a bucket.

Cicciograna
2010-01-03, 01:44 PM
My deepest sympathies. It sounds awful. I get depressed when I drink, so I've never actually been drunk...I hope things got better for you.

I am sorry, Cicciograna, for your awful experience. That an Italian should come to such a bad cross with wine is perhaps the greatest tragedy. Those kinds of nights can hang shame on a soul for years.

Thanks for your sympathy, but I forgot to note that those awful events took place about...4 years ago...
Now I'm happy, my girlfriend loves me and the bitch who threw me in the Abyss is gone :smallbiggrin:

From this thread, I suspect that's a very good thing.

Believe me, it is.

I call that night the Jagermonster. Bad medicine. :smallsigh:

We could try to stat it out for the next adventure...:smallsmile:

Destro_Yersul
2010-01-03, 02:12 PM
I'd tell you, but I don't remember it. I do know there was lots of rum and apparently I tried to climb out a first story window and much time was spent worshiping the porcelain gods, but that's mostly secondhand knowledge.

Totally Guy
2010-01-03, 02:33 PM
I was out with my brother and his work colleagues. They kept on buying me drinks which were all doubles but I wasn't aware of this.

Eventually I was very drunk and needed to drink water. But the policy of the place was to remove drunk people. So upon asking I was ejected.

But my brother came outside. He got me home safely.

My mum was at home and tried feeding me but I was sick. So I went to bed.

In the middle of the night my brother entered my room and with a supernatural display of power threw my bed across the room with me in it. It landed upside down.

I went into the hallway where my brother had already broken the banister railings. My mum was upset. I told her that I was scared but she told me to get back to bed. She didn't know he'd turned my bed over, she only knew he'd broken the banister rail.

So I got back into my upside down bed, not daring to move it.

It was really weird. And he said he had no memory of it the next day. I got drunk and became useless, he seemed fine but then became dangerous. If he had refrained from alcohol he probably wouldn't have gone crazy and if I'd had not been drinking I could probably done something to calm him, or at least would have not needed him to rescue me earlier.

THAC0
2010-01-03, 02:40 PM
Well, there was that time I got so drunk that I thought that lying down beneath a bus was a good idea.

Fortunately, my husband got me out and I don't remember anything.

Zincorium
2010-01-03, 02:48 PM
The night I got to my first ship, the USS Kitty Hawk, I went out drinking with the guys from my shop.

After a long night of drinking, when it was close to last call and most of the people had cleared out, I was told that it was traditional to take three shots. Now, despite being a large caucasian male who drinks socially, I have a rediculously low tolerance for alcohol. I'd had something like fourteen drinks over the course of the night, and had some difficulty standing up. Nevertheless, this tradition sounded like a grand old idea.

First shot was Absinthe. I still like to drink Absinthe, but in sips or with water rather than straight shots. I think it was somewhere around 92 proof. Down ye old hatch.

Second was Habu Sake- which is an Awamori (distilled liquor made from rice) that has a viper in the jar. It tastes like, well, hard liquor with snake in it. Not so much nauseating as simply surprising.

The last was Ron Rico rum. I'd describe it, but my memory aprubtly ends with the full shotglass in front of me...

Somehow I ended up on the ship where I was supposed to be, not in jail, the hospital, or in the ocean, and I didn't have to work. Thank goodness for friends who are willing to help you deal with bad decisions.

Trog
2010-01-03, 02:53 PM
Camping. A day or two after graduation from college. We were out in the middle of nowhere (I had to dig a pit toilet for us all if that gives you any idea) and my friend and I polished off a great deal of some horrible and cheap alcohol - stuff we brought along deliberately to see who would end up drinking them once the other stuff was gone. One friend tells me at some point we started jumping the fire and reciting some really good poetry. =P

Because he was keeping everyone up howling in pain, my partner in crime was taken to the closest hospital by some of the others in the middle of the night to have his stomach pumped. I wasn't taken in. He was the lucky one as the next day he had only a mild hangover. We still had a few more days of camping ahead. So out in the middle of nowhere there I was with what was likely a case of alcohol poisoning and all I had for creature comforts was a tent. No aspirin. Nothing.

I didn't come out of the tent the entire next day. I've never been so miserable in my life before or since. Lesson learned. :smalltongue:

Deathslayer7
2010-01-03, 03:37 PM
It wsnt me persay, but my girlfriend has a mediocre tolerance compared to me. I'm still with her currently. Well she had a good amount of shots in her and it was past 2 am for sure, and i decided to put everyone to bed and what not. Everyone agrees, since we are all tired, some of us drunk and whatnot.

I put my girlfriend asleep in my bed and whatnot and go to take the couch. Morning comes, and I walk into the bathroom to find my girlfriend asleep on the bathroom floor with the covers over her. :smallbiggrin:

Good times.

RabbitHoleLost
2010-01-03, 03:39 PM
Two days ago, New Years eve.
I did things with my Lion-Friend that I never thought I would do. And then I vomited pink-lemonade vodka up while, funnily enough, watching the Hangover.

Its so far my only real intoxication >>

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2010-01-03, 03:44 PM
Now, I don't drink, so this isn't one of those stories, but my worst intoxication would have to be the exhaustion after the Relay for Life anti-cancer walk-a-thon up at the skating rink a year or two ago.

I never really stopped walking around that damn place from the start at 4 PM to about 3 AM, when sat down to rest my feet and was suddenly shaken awake and told it was 5 AM and the whole thing was done. I completely wore out my socks, and most of the time I wore a hat with a chair on top.

The couple of stories I have heard of what I was talking about after they woke me up but before I got home and slept the rest of the day away definatly sound intoxicated.

arguskos
2010-01-03, 05:10 PM
Eh, I don't really recall most of it. I know there was a large amount of white rum involved, and honestly, that's about all I know.

valadil
2010-01-03, 06:13 PM
My worst was sophomore year of college. We made up a drinking game. It involved watching a Jet Li movie and taking a shot of vodka whenever Jet Li did something totally sweet. Because my tolerance was higher than my friends tolerances they decided I should do triple shots. After 20ish of those I was still standing but lacked the ability to pour myself a shot so I took them straight from the bottle. This was on top of countless beers and a few cups of some dreadful concoction of Baileys, Khalua, and vodka. Unsurprisingly I woke up in the hospital the next morning. No stomach pumping though.

On the bright side, that experience taught me my limits and I've since been better able to gauge my drunkeness.

KuReshtin
2010-01-03, 06:47 PM
On the bright side, that experience taught me my limits and I've since been better able to gauge my drunkeness.

Thus you proved Clarke's second law (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clarke%27s_three_laws):

To know the limit, you have to break the limit.*

My worst ones have been the ones where vomiting were involed. There's been a few of those.
Worst hangover I had was after a few of my Danish colleagues were leaving work to go back to Denmark. They'd made some deal with the bar that they had a certain amount of drinks tokens, and at the tail end of the evening, there were lots of tokens left, so one of the Danes and myself decided it'd be a good idea to use the remaining tokens on tequila shots. In the end, we'd had about 12 or 13 shots of tequila each, and I wasn't feeling too bad that evening.
The following morning, though, was a different story. I didn't have the traditional headache, and I didn't throw up at all, but it just hurt moving. Everything I did just hurt.
Can't drink tequila after that evening. Well... Not a lot, anyways.

*Slightly paraphrased.

Lord Herman
2010-01-03, 07:08 PM
My worst intoxication was at a party last summer. We had pitched some tents in a farmer's field, and sat around a campfire. I had brought a one-litre bottle of fine Irish whiskey. I decided it was a good idea to hold on to the bottle, to make sure someone didn't go and drink it all. That plan failed, because I ended up drinking it all. Much vomiting ensued.

Ninja Chocobo
2010-01-03, 08:18 PM
Sleep-puking.

I drank a bottle of tequila by accident.
Passed out.
Sleep-puked.
Got woken up by my friends.
Apologised constantly for an hour as I was dragged into the shower.
Got undressed and put to bed by my friend's mother, with towels all around me.
Woke up the next morning.
Asked "Where are my clothes?"
Was told what happened.
Apologised again.

Player_Zero
2010-01-03, 08:26 PM
My worst intoxication isn't forum-friendly whatsoever.

Suffice to say I know next to nothing about one week of my life.

Ishmael
2010-01-03, 09:06 PM
This all makes me feel so lame :P. The most drunk I've ever gotten isn't that bad...three shots of Captain Morgan, two strong Roman cokes, two shots of peppermint schnapps...I was definitely pretty drunk, but not that badly...I had full consciousness. Lost all my inhibitions and ended up drunkenly hooking up with someone (who I probably would've ended up with anyways). But it wasn't that bad, I got up the next morning pretty early and went on a 57 mile bike ride, and was fine.

Never been ****faced, nor ever blacked out or passed out or vomited.

Maybe that's a good thing, though...

Lioness
2010-01-03, 09:11 PM
This all makes me feel so lame :P. The most drunk I've ever gotten isn't that bad...three shots of Captain Morgan, two strong Roman cokes, two shots of peppermint schnapps...I was definitely pretty drunk, but not that badly...I had full consciousness. Lost all my inhibitions and ended up drunkenly hooking up with someone (who I probably would've ended up with anyways).

My worst intoxication is giggling slightly for 5 minutes after a couple of sips of champagne.

Though that could've been the amusingness of the bubbly.

loopy
2010-01-03, 10:28 PM
At my mate Steve's 21st I was using a modified Jager bomb (swapping the redbull component for Vodka NRG pre-mixeds) as a chaser for every shot of absinthe I was drinking.

By the end of the night I (apparently) drank:

- 2/3 bottle of Absinthe
- 2 bottles of Jagermeister
- 30 Vodka NRG's
- 1 beer

I say apparently, because I don't remember anything that happened after about 8pm. Apparently I was partying until 2am. Then the next day I woke up in my car outside Steve's house (windows up, 40*C outside, so the car was basically an oven). Staggered into his house, then found a toilet and began throwing up for 6 hours.

...Fun times! :smallamused:

EDIT: Bear in mind, I'm a fairly skinny lad, that much alcohol should have killed me. Even the Scottish heritage doesn't explain it... *shrugs*

Pyrian
2010-01-04, 01:38 AM
I've been, um, noticeably tipsy. :smalltongue: That's about it. I didn't even really enjoy the experience - I notice the deterioration of my dexterity and it bugs me. I've never had a hangover, although I've taken steps to make sure of that since they don't sound pleasant. :smallconfused:

Felixaar
2010-01-04, 02:20 AM
I had a beer once in memory of my grandfather, who'd wanted to have a beer before he died but couldn't work up the energy. I hope he enjoyed it, because I sure didn't.

Outside of the occasional champagne toast that would be my only drinking experience, although I went to a Halloween party once. Everyone the next day kept going on about how drunk I'd been, until I calmly and politey explained that I'd only drunk soda (and it hadn't been spiked, either.) This should give you some insight into how awesome I am.

@loopy It just wouldn't have been the same without that one beer :smalltongue:

Flabbicus
2010-01-04, 02:35 AM
Two days ago, New Years eve.
I did things with my Lion-Friend that I never thought I would do. And then I vomited pink-lemonade vodka up while, funnily enough, watching the Hangover.

Its so far my only real intoxication >>

Similar experience. I drank at least eight shots of vodka and a cup of red wine. Then I apparently acted like a monster and shook violently for a while. The hours of 4 am to 10 am are a huge blank. Somehow my friends managed to drag me back to the train, and that's where I start remembering things again.

The next day consisted of me holding in the green apple flavored Smirnoff before finally puking and feeling loads better.

Then I watched District 9. :smallsmile:

Faulty
2010-01-04, 02:41 AM
I drank a single Sex on the Beach and giggled and acted like a child for 45 straight minutes.

Dallas-Dakota
2010-01-04, 03:00 AM
I've never reaally been drunk....That I can remember.:smalltongue:

I <3 high alcohol resistance.:smallamused:

Lycan 01
2010-01-04, 04:57 AM
I don't drink. Both my parents have high addiction tendancies, and specifically, my dad was an on-and-off alcoholic for years. Thankfully, he finally stopped drinking three years ago, and I was quite proud of him for that. But I realize that after seeing what alcohol did to him, I can't ever allow myself to put myself in such a position.

So yeah. I don't drink.

It also doesn't help that my scrawny body doesn't cope well with any sort of substance. Cold medicine knocks me OUT. But the worst case was probably when I took some sort of naseau medicine my mom gave me, and it actually stoned me. Like... I almost fell asleep standing up in the middle of a mall, and had a couple of hallucinations, one of which involved me slamming my grandmother against a car door to get a piece of paper out of the glove box, or something like that. Apparently, in reality I was just slumped over in the back seat, drooling...

Never took that medicine again. Oh wait, yeah I did. Some time last year, IIRC. I wasn't feeling too good, so I took the same medicine, and an hour later I was feeling better. So I called a friend of mine to come over and keep me company. In the 10 minutes it took him to get his stuff, hop in the car, and drive to my house, I went from wide awake to semi-passed out on the sofa. When he came in, I spoke in slurred and probably cryptic statements for about 5 minutes before he decided to leave. I don't remember much after that. I think I fell asleep... :smallconfused:

loopy
2010-01-04, 06:51 AM
@loopy It just wouldn't have been the same without that one beer :smalltongue:

Well every time I have thrown up due to alcohol it has been because I have had beer. Tis why I don't drink the stuff any more.

Dallas-Dakota
2010-01-04, 07:02 AM
I was right all along, beer isn't good stuff/not for me.:smallamused:

smellie_hippie
2010-01-04, 07:27 AM
My worst intoxication isn't forum-friendly whatsoever.

Suffice to say I know next to nothing about one week of my life.

My story is pretty similar. Do you remeber October 1994? I don't.

Yeah... I lost a whole month! I have to assume that not having any real recollection is probably for the best.

Zincorium
2010-01-04, 07:29 AM
Usually, when I throw up it's because my stomach is full (that's what beer does, kids) or I get pure hard liquor in my mouth and can't wash it out quickly enough.

My body has wised up to the fact that alcohol is poison.

Exeson
2010-01-04, 07:59 AM
Three glasses of champagne, then a little bit of Vodka. Then got dared to drink a litre of rum in the space of an hour or so. I did. My body complained. A lot.

yeah, basically I'm 5'10'' and 74 kilos, and very little fat (I think my body fat is somehting like 8-9%) so that put me about 6-7 units over the lethal dose of alcohol. Yay!

I would not advise it to anyone.

However usually I can put away a bottle of brandy in a night and not have a hangover the next morning. After the afore mentioned episode for a week I could drink perhaps a single beer, if I was slow with it. Anything more and my body kicked it up.

mikej
2010-01-04, 10:06 AM
I have high alcohol tolerance. I have both Scottish and Irish heritage. I can sober up fast as well.

The only time I was really "over the top" wasted was when I did a few shoots of Absinthe in a row with a few of vodka.