PDA

View Full Version : Sorcatrix: Incantatrix+sorcerer builds?

Arakune
2010-01-06, 08:24 PM
Anyone knows about a good sorcerer/incantatrix build? An updated mailman is nice too.

Runestar
2010-01-06, 09:04 PM
Sorc6/incantatrix10/archmage4? Metamagic is versatile enough to work on any type of spell, so I don't think you need to focus on any 1 type.

Not quite as good as a wizard though, since spellcraft is keyed off int.

Pharaoh's Fist
2010-01-06, 10:01 PM
Sorc6/Incantatrix10/Fatespinner4 is easier on the feat prerequisites, especially if you buy Iron Will using an Oytugh hole.

Vizzerdrix
2010-01-06, 10:11 PM
I vote for early entry with Sorc into something else.

Incantatrix-10/ Fatespinner-4/ Sorc-3/ Sandshaper-1/ Something else-2

I'm afb atm so this may not be legal but I'm sure someone could get it up and running.

Pharaoh's Fist
2010-01-06, 10:26 PM
Salvaged from the Sorcerer handbook on Gleemax: What you are looking for!
Sorcerer/Incantatrix/Fatespinner (http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/profiler/view_char.php?cid=22841)

FinalJustice
2010-01-06, 10:44 PM
I once dipped Marshall with a Sorcatrix and grabbed Motivate Intelligence. Never looked back. High Knowledges + HIGH Spellcraft equaled shenanigans. =D

AshDesert
2010-01-06, 10:45 PM
Salvaged from the Sorcerer handbook on Gleemax: What you are looking for!
Sorcerer/Incantatrix/Fatespinner (http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/profiler/view_char.php?cid=22841)

So, unless it was just a joke that Solo put in there, how did he get the "Hadoken" SLA 1/day, cos I'm not seeing anything?

Pharaoh's Fist
2010-01-06, 10:45 PM
By sacrificing seven orphans to a nameless dark god not just for fun?

Gralamin
2010-01-06, 10:54 PM
I once dipped Marshall with a Sorcatrix and grabbed Motivate Intelligence. Never looked back. High Knowledges + HIGH Spellcraft equaled shenanigans. =D

This may be worth it for a Sorcerer Incantrix. Be careful though, since it delays spell progression.

If you had enough money available (Preform checks, diplomacy, robbery, etc.) You could make great use out of the following method:
Make it to Sorcerer 3, taking Versatile Spellcaster and Precocious Apprentice. Buy a Dragonblood Pool. You now can cast 3rd level arcane spells, and have a 3rd level spell slot. Hire a bard to Inspire Greatness you, and then a psion to Psychic Reformation you, arrange skills so you can get in. Make sure you meet feat prereqs. Enter Incantatrix at level 4. This is doable with a human.

Pharaoh's Fist
2010-01-06, 10:57 PM
Look, that's likely not going to work with most DMs and doesn't clearly work by RAW.

Anyways, don't take a level in a non spellcasting class, purchase a 2,500 gp item that gives +5 to spellcraft (I forget the name, it's probably in the MiC or crystalkeep) and hire a Marshal.

Tyndmyr
2010-01-06, 11:51 PM
This may be worth it for a Sorcerer Incantrix. Be careful though, since it delays spell progression.

If you had enough money available (Preform checks, diplomacy, robbery, etc.) You could make great use out of the following method:
Make it to Sorcerer 3, taking Versatile Spellcaster and Precocious Apprentice. Buy a Dragonblood Pool. You now can cast 3rd level arcane spells, and have a 3rd level spell slot. Hire a bard to Inspire Greatness you, and then a psion to Psychic Reformation you, arrange skills so you can get in. Make sure you meet feat prereqs. Enter Incantatrix at level 4. This is doable with a human.

Or you could just pick up Sanctum Spell and hijack a ghost via scroll to use their skills instead of yours. Easier on feats, requires less crazy RAW shenanigans, and avoids more dubious judgement calls.

Milskidasith
2010-01-06, 11:54 PM
Look, that's likely not going to work with most DMs and doesn't clearly work by RAW.

Anyways, don't take a level in a non spellcasting class, purchase a 2,500 gp item that gives +5 to spellcraft (I forget the name, it's probably in the MiC or crystalkeep) and hire a Marshal.

Or get a custom item of +30 crafted. 90k is a large, but very much worth it, dent in your cash for all the metamagic shenanigans.

Gralamin
2010-01-06, 11:58 PM
Or you could just pick up Sanctum Spell and hijack a ghost via scroll to use their skills instead of yours. Easier on feats, requires less crazy RAW shenanigans, and avoids more dubious judgement calls.

Now wheres the fun in that? :smalltongue:

Flickerdart
2010-01-07, 12:05 AM
Now wheres the fun in that? :smalltongue:
The fun is in the side quest to rescue the spirit of the guy that tried your trick and then got smote by his GM all the way to Baator. Just any chump ghost simply will not do.

Optimystik
2010-01-07, 12:15 AM
By "updated Mailman Build," do you not mean this one? (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19868534/The_Mailman:_A_Direct_Damage_Sorcerer)

Pharaoh's Fist
2010-01-07, 12:19 AM
Dear merciful gods! The formatting, it burns! It burns!

Optimystik
2010-01-07, 12:21 AM
Dear merciful gods! The formatting, it burns! It burns!

Oh hush, it's quite legible. :smalltongue: