PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Bearers help

onthetown
2010-01-10, 09:19 AM
I bought FFCC: Crystal Bearers the other day and so far it's been relatively smooth sailing, despite the game being underaverage at best. I'll try to get through this post with as little spoilers as possible.

I know it's a fairly new game, but maybe somebody will be able to help.

I'm at the Aerial Prison right now, and I'm in a room filled with gigantic machine-y robots. Am I supposed to kill them? When I try, they blow me up in only a couple of hits. The room is so crowded that it's nearly impossible to avoid them. I just can't fathom what I'm supposed to be doing (they sort of just randomly appeared at the end of a cutscene). There's a closed door at the other end of the room, but I've obviously had no luck getting to it so far in the 10 times that I've tried. I just keep getting blown to bits in the first few seconds. I can't even pick up crates to throw at them in the time that they come at me.

Oregano
2010-01-10, 09:52 AM
Dodge roll? How many myrrh fragments have you collected? what stats have you boosted with accessories?

By the way, I haven't got the game so I don't know exactly what you have to do.

If you get the chance though you can rip their arm off and shoot them with it and I also think they do a charge attack that can be dodges and they hit into the wall.

EDIT: This should ideally be in the gaming section as well.

onthetown
2010-01-11, 12:29 PM
I'm not into it that much... I found the "tutorial" parts of the game to be severely lacking in instruction so I haven't been able to kill off many monsters and collect those fragments. I'm just sort of plowing through the storyline in an effort to see if it was really worth the money I paid for it.

I'll give the dodging and whatnot a try. Thanks!

And yeah, I sort of just saw the Mario Bros help thread and thought that game help went here, haven't looked for a gaming board before.

Oregano
2010-01-11, 01:18 PM
You've kind of missed the point of the game you know?

It doesn't tell you because the whole point of the combat is that you have to experiment with the reactions and find out how to kill the monsters because they all work differently.

I'd also say just blasting through the story is the wrong way too, the story is relatively short, the majority of the content is in the sidestuffs, running around experimenting with NPCs, objects and monsters to see what happens.

Some of the monsters can be killed just by throwing stuff but it's much more satisfying to see what reactions can happen, like throwing gun powder on a bomb to prime it for explosion then getting the goblins to dance around it as they all go kablooey or stealing a skeletons head and making the wolves follow you whilst the skeleton pummels them to get to you.

That's where the fun in the game lies.

onthetown
2010-01-11, 01:34 PM
It depends on your own perspective of what the "point" of the game is. The game should be built to accomodate people who are only casual gamers, like me (because I'm lucky to have time to even play it, let alone anything else) and people who don't understand what's going on. Personally, I think picking up things and throwing them gets old VERY quickly, and it has in this game for me.

So the "point" of the game for me, apart from that it's a game and you're supposed to play it however you want, is that I just want to get through it.

I have tried judging monster reactions and honestly it doesn't do much. You throw a barrel at them, well, they're moving too quickly and it misses. You pick them up and throw them, it doesn't do any damage.

I'm asking for help with that one part of the game, so I obviously don't want to get told that I'm missing the point of the entire game. I hate this game more than any other I've ever played and I just want to get through it because the story is semi-decent.

Sorry if this is offensive, but I'm really frustrated with it and just sort of focused on that one part, not to mention I found your post quite insulting because you apparently haven't played it yet and decided to tell me that I'm doing it "wrong".

So, thank you for your advice, and I will try it; but I did not need to hear from somebody who hasn't even played the game yet that I'm doing it "wrong".

Oregano
2010-01-11, 01:58 PM
Hey, I didn't mean to be insulting but you were obviously looking for something completely different than what the game is and it's negatively affecting your enjoyment, as well as making the game much more difficult for you.

I also don't need to have played the game to know what it's about(both plotwise and gameplay wise).

I was just trying to help you enjoy it a bit more, sorry.

onthetown
2010-01-11, 03:38 PM
The dodge roll worked like a charm.. I may have low health but they can't hit me. :smallwink:

Oregano
2010-01-11, 03:47 PM
The dodge roll worked like a charm.. I may have low health but they can't hit me. :smallwink:

Good, glad I could help and again sorry if it sounded like I was insulting you but you seem to be missing out on a lot of what the game offers.

I'd definitely recommend trying to get some of the myrrh fragments though, as well as some good accessories. The final boss is apparently brutal. Some people have said it can take over an hour if you're not powerful enough.

onthetown
2010-01-11, 04:00 PM
I'll have to run to town after this then, shouldn't be any trouble to head on over to Bridge Town and beg Cid to make accessories for me.

I hope the final boss isn't coming up anytime soon... I've only been playing for 5 hours. There haven't been any sidequest opportunities yet, so... It'd be pretty disappointing if it ended now. Things do seem to be winding down to a close, though...

Oregano
2010-01-11, 04:14 PM
I hope the final boss isn't coming up anytime soon... I've only been playing for 5 hours. There haven't been any sidequest opportunities yet, so... It'd be pretty disappointing if it ended now. Things do seem to be winding down to a close, though...

As I said, the story is quite short and the sidequests don't actually come about from the plot. Just when you're looking around town and you see a mail moogle or a noticeboard take a look and it will tell about some events which is what the sidequests are.

Most people have said the story is around 9 hours long but if you're just rushing through it's bound to be even shorter.

onthetown
2010-01-11, 04:19 PM
I had no idea the mail Moogles or notice boards had sidequests... As I said, it doesn't give you much instruction in the game. It's a whole lot of cutscenes and very little gameplay compared to them. It's got some fun minigames though (dancing and chocobo racing being my favourite so far, though you can't do the dancing one out of context...).

Oregano
2010-01-11, 04:40 PM
I had no idea the mail Moogles or notice boards had sidequests... As I said, it doesn't give you much instruction in the game. It's a whole lot of cutscenes and very little gameplay compared to them. It's got some fun minigames though (dancing and chocobo racing being my favourite so far, though you can't do the dancing one out of context...).

Yer, I've noticed it's light on instructions from what I've seen, it gives little clues like the mail sparkling on the moogles but it largely expects the player to be fiddling about with stuff. It's a negative for some but a positive for others, I guess it depends what type of player you are.