PDA

View Full Version : New Vlad Taltos book out now

WalkingTarget
2010-01-11, 01:28 PM
Iorich apparently got released last week while I wasn't paying attention. SKZB's blog has been filled with so much discussion of The Wealth of Nations (which he's reading) that his non-mention of the book being released got buried. Consider this a PSA to the other Vlad fans out there. Now I just need to get to a book store.

pita
2010-01-11, 02:29 PM
Heh. I only have 7 Taltos books (actually 3 "Book of", two of which have two books each, and one has three), which I got discounted because Brust was visiting Israel at the time. I also forgot to get them signed.
But I'm planning on getting the rest.
Does anyone else agree with my assessment that Taltos is a lot like Drizz't in that it's pure fun in a book, but better written?

WalkingTarget
2010-01-11, 04:35 PM
Well, I haven't read any Drizzt books, so I can't comment on similarities. However, if there's one author I read for the pure entertainment value I get out of them, it's Brust.

Warpfire
2010-01-11, 04:39 PM
What? Why was I not informed!?

I have to agree on Brust being some of the most fun I've had reading. I don't know many other authors that could keep me interested in a series planned to go nineteen books.

rayne_dragon
2010-01-12, 08:15 AM
I can't wait to read it. I always love the inventive ways he comes up with to make the books unique.

Pronounceable
2010-01-12, 12:30 PM
It's great, as expected. But Iorich don't feature as prominently as you'd expect from a book that has their name. Then again, being the house of lawyers and judges it's not really surprising they don't get the spotlight.

WalkingTarget
2010-01-12, 01:34 PM
It's great, as expected. But Iorich don't feature as prominently as you'd expect from a book that has their name. Then again, being the house of lawyers and judges it's not really surprising they don't get the spotlight.

Well, I haven't started yet, but the books don't always have to be about/include a member of that House. They tend to be about how Vlad has to be like that House (there wasn't a Jhegaala in that book, for example; it was about Vlad's internal metamorphosis, as it were). I can't say if that's what's involved in the new one, though.