PDA

View Full Version : Chuck? [3.5]

Lord of Syntax
2010-01-11, 07:34 PM
Has anyone statted out Chuck from Chuck?
Specifically the *Spoiler* Intersect 2 version that can flash on martial arts and other stuff End of *Spoilers*

Talbot
2010-01-11, 07:36 PM
Gotta be Human Factotum, with a bunch of Flaws (Shakey, noncombatant, etc.) for loads of extra FoI, and maybe Improved Unarmed Strike. I'd also count the Intersect as a magic item or enchantment that boosts his Int a bit to allow him to qualify for more FoI than usual.

UglyPanda
2010-01-11, 07:38 PM
It's not a spoiler if they allude to it in every commercial.

Season 1 Chuck: 1 level of Bard or Loremaster/Anything Else X.

He's not a very distinct character. All he has going for him are the random bits of knowledge and a few ranks in craft.

Mongoose87
2010-01-11, 07:41 PM
Expert with Skill Focus: Repair (Computer).

Lord of Syntax
2010-01-11, 07:44 PM
It's not a spoiler if they allude to it in every commercial.

Don't have TV, so I don't see the ads

Lord of Syntax
2010-01-11, 08:35 PM
Gotta be Human Factotum, with a bunch of Flaws (Shakey, noncombatant, etc.) for loads of extra FoI, and maybe Improved Unarmed Strike. I'd also count the Intersect as a magic item or enchantment that boosts his Int a bit to allow him to qualify for more FoI than usual.

He probably has chameleon levels for the floating feats to put in martial study

Tira-chan
2010-01-11, 11:16 PM
In 3.5, I'd definitely say bard, with good ranks in bluff and sense motive and some sort of enchantment that functions like an automatic scrying spell. For season 3, you'd boost dexterity, maybe drop a level in rogue or - dare I say it - monk? Then the Intersect 2.0 enchantment would provide occasional buffs to attack rolls or skills, probably based on a separate roll. It'd have to be heavily homebrewed, and I'd have no idea how to balance it properly...

Actually, it's pretty easy to stat out Intersect 1.0 Chuck using the rules from the Serenity RPG - you can combine the Reader and Traumatic Flashes traits to mimic the effect of that, and there's a ton of appropriate Complications. Dump a bunch of skill points into the different Engineering categories, and pester your GM about where extensive pop culture knowledge falls in in the Knowledge category, and you're good to go! As for 2.0, I'm not sure... I'd say start putting skill points into different categories and hoping for a lucky roll, maybe burning plot points, or whatever they're called? Haven't seen enough new episodes to know for sure.

Talbot
2010-01-11, 11:54 PM
Then the Intersect 2.0 enchantment would provide occasional buffs to attack rolls or skills, probably based on a separate roll.

See, to me, that just says "Inspiration Points".

Draz74
2010-01-12, 02:57 AM
Yeah, I just watched the 3rd season pilot, and you definitely could fluff Inspiration Points to be like his Flashes.

Though Sherlock Holmes is still a much better example of a typical Factotum's tactics ... much more cerebral.

Soranar
2010-01-12, 03:38 AM
definitely near epic levels but not quite yet

I would say Factotum 10/Chameleon 10

STATS
STR definitely subpar but not a total weakling, 10
DEX not that bad despite his flaws, 15
CON he gets hit on the head often and yet still lives so 15
INT definitely a nerd's nerd 18
WIS not particularly wise but still better than the morgan bunch so 11
CHA see WIS , 12

flaws: feeble,frail,inattentive, non-combatant, poor reflexes, vulnerable, weak will

1 Factotum insightful reflexes, able learner, skill focus repair, inside connections: Buy More,investigator, Jack of all trades, tutor, run, fleet-footed

2 Factotum
3 Factotum technomagical implant : intersect
4 Factotum
5 Factotum
6 Factotum Leadership
7 Factotum
8 Factotum
9 Factotumnatural leader
10 Factotum
11 Chameleon
12 Chameleon eye for talent
13 Chameleon
14 Chameleon
15 Chameleon fanatical devotion
16 Chameleon
17 Chameleon
18 Chameleon Assemble the horde
19 Chameleon
20 Chameleon

Curmudgeon
2010-01-12, 05:51 AM
The problem with modeling Chuck as a Factotum using inspiration points is that IPs can be used reliably. Chuck often chokes. I think I'd put Chuck as a (Human, obviously) Bard 5/Fortune's Friend 5, with a couple of flaws. Chuck has Obscure Lore, and after that every single one of Chucks feats are Luck feats.

Chuck's spells are a mix of Nerd Herd techniques and Intersect abilities: things like Mending, Message, Comprehend Languages, Identify, Blur, Heroism, and Misdirection.

Chuck has some moderate acrobatic skills, and a bunch of skill tricks. Remember, skill tricks can only be used once per encounter.