PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Please critique my PC's "personal rival".

Pika...
2010-01-14, 01:39 PM
So late last night I got to sketching and daydreaming again, and ended up with a cliche personal rival of sorts for my current PC . I emailed the DM asking if I could submit her for approval, and he said yes! :smallbiggrin:

Poor bastard should know better with me...

Anyway, here she is. Please tell me your thoughts, and any ideas you might have to improve her or make her fun/funnier.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f173/celestialkin/Pictures%20I%20drew/CousinKissiePoo.jpg

Ms. Hearty (aka Cousin Kissie Poo)

Ms. Hearty is a female Dogbold and a retired member (meaning older than one year old and retired from military service) of the Taste Like Chicken Dogbold clan of the Magic Waste Lands (sp?). Like her cousin and (semi-unwilling) betrothed Mr. I'm Delicious she is an oddity for her race.

Like Mr. I'm Delicious, as a pup Ms. Hearty was particularly dim, even by Dogbold standards. Then not long after Mr. I'm Delicious she too suddenly became insanely "smarty" and "giftie" (shockingly not just by DOgbold standards...). Seeing this anomaly happen in both their runts the parents decided to formally arrange them for "marrie" in the hopes of keeping this going in the bloodline. Hey, it beat their original plan of just feeding them to their Swamp Dragon herds.

Ms. Hearty was thrilled to hear this as she always had a "crubch" on Mr. I'm Delicious. While Ms. Hearty (or as Mr. I'm Delicious has always known her Cousin Kissie Poo) has turned out to be quite "steamy" by Dogbold standards, and he always liked playing with her as a id (everyone else just threw rocks at them...), he is just not ready to settle down (especially considering his new found goals and motivations). Plus, the (literal) bitch is crazy about him in an obsessed way. For example, whenever they have a family reunion it will almost certainly eventually dissolve into a cartoon-style chase and/or intense case of hide-and-go-catch.

What's worse is that even though Coouin Kissie Poo is half a year younger than Mr. I'm Delicous she already has a cool psionic item he doesn't. It's a heart shaped psionic stone on a pretty red and black stick that functions as either a Cognative Crystal that can store eight power points, or can store a singe power augmented to a maximum of said many power points. In addition, it grants the wielder a +1 to her/his manifester level when manifesting powers of the Telepathy discipline (which Cousin Kissie Poo specialized in to better catch/trap Mr. I'm delicious during reunions). So sadly for Mr. Delicious she tends to outlast him with power points when trying to escape her.

Notes:
-Her mastered discipline is Telepath,.
-Her preferred powers are ones which can help either catch, trap, or mentally conrol Mr. I'm Delicious.
-She has managed to gain the Endurance feat as a bonus feat for obvious reasons.
-She has a +4 to her Comeliness and Charisma scores when dealing with Dogbolds (and at DMs discretion other K-9 creatures).
-As a female K-9 (aka you-know-what) when she enters heat she must make a DC 18 Will save or go out adventuring in an atempt to find Mr. I'm Delicious and defeat him so she can drag him back to one of their tribes to finally get hitched.
-She is also acting as an apartment complex in her head for a Dungeon Dimension/Farm Realm entity (the DM is highly influencing his game from the Discworld novels) due to having had even more room in there than an average Dogbold (and that is saying a LOT). This is the secret behind her intelligence and her ability to manifest psionics.

ps. Anyone else ever get the opportunity to make their own PC's rival(s)?

If so, how much fun did you have with it?

Temotei
2010-01-15, 12:25 AM
Hahaha :smallbiggrin: I read the name and I read only the red-colored letters. Ms. Hearty, reading only the red letters, you get something a little different. I thought it was a code at first.

Anyways, nice.

I have a rival with one of my characters. We haven't started the campaign yet, and he's higher level, so it'll be a bit hard to implement him so far, but it's possible.

Gayl Lintias -- Level 12 lich (human) sorcerer. Killed our (yes, our) parents.

That's just a small thing, but you get the idea. I had a fair bit of fun picturing the fall into darkness he had. Actually, I had more fun making him than my character. :smallamused:

DragonBaneDM
2010-01-15, 01:37 AM
I did that too!

Except my rival is an Inspired that is jealous because her quori ended up in my kalashtar's cleric body by mistake.

So I bound him to my body so he can't get out. However, he escapes to her once in awhile to tell the Inspired what I'm up too.

Also, my quori briefly takes control of my body from time to time, and it's currently trying to take over the entire party as it's mind slaves.

...It's winning. Well, I'm winning. And losing. I think?

I haven't told them a thing, but they know about my quori, and thus that I am 1/2 Neutral Evil.

The Rogue still likes my plan to "cast a ritual" to give him ultimate power by "fusing us together", and the Artificer is helping me cast a ritual to unleash my quori's trapped psionic powers, thinking it's to help him get warforged parts. The Fighter and Warden don't give two shakes of a leg about roleplaying, so they haven't even noticed.

It's great, I get to be a villian and a PC at the same time, I love every second of it, especially the plotting!!! And then trying to stop myself. I have to be careful though...I'm crafty.