PDA

View Full Version : The Gods of Alkir, In Character

Mike_the_Mystic
2010-01-14, 08:50 PM
It has been a century since the end of the terrible war that the Gods fought with their parents, the Exalted Ones. The races of the world have new masters, and these masters have great ambitions. They are you, and you are them. Are you ready?

In the newly created Deiopolis on mount Acros, you begin your glorious reign...

Raz_Fox
2010-01-14, 11:03 PM
Atop Mount Acros - The Maiden and the Watcher

Everything is connected. Sky touches water touches earth. Soul touches blood touches body. A neverending circle, the serpent that devours its own tail. Everything is connected. Touch the threads. Feel them. Intertwined in the spaces between. Everything is connected. Take the threads. Weave them into a tapestry of grace and power. See it take shape in the aether. Everything is connected.

Soul be tranquil, blood be potent, body be strong. Sky, water, earth; everything is connected. Three be one in perfect balance. One be three in perfect harmony. Soul be seeker, blood be guide, body be stalwart. Sky, water, earth; everything is connected. Let the chorus be heard in the sky, let the refrain echo in the water, let the song resonate in the earth. Everything is-

"Kivran." The rustle of feathers, the quiet sound of grasping talons on old wood. "Kivran. This one brings words." The kite shifts its weight from one leg to the other, looking down at the circle carefully arranged on the twisted oaken floor. Black ink, gray stones and white feathers; each used to complement the others, all positioned so that they hinted at a much larger pattern.

The maiden sitting in the circle did not open her eyes, merely exhaling forcefully and tightening her grip on her knees. "...Have you ever heard stones, little kite? They are silent, and yet there is a beauty to their silence. A lesson you might learn well."

"Words have their time, their place. This one knows well. A time for words?" The maiden sighed then, quietly, and stood. Something left the circle as she stepped out of it - now it lay there, seemingly dead, and yet waiting. Patient, expecting new life again. The maiden took up a cloak of black feathers and draped it about her shoulders, then pulled the hood over her head, draping her face in shadow.

"Time enough." The kite stretched open its great wings, and took to flight, following its mistress. One, two - it alighted on her shoulder, craned its neck forward to speak in her ear. Its rasping voice changed as it spoke - power was in the words, and a poet's tongue spoke them.

"Words walk in wind, worn and worried words. Prayers and petitions, percieved in past by we. They that thirst for triumph; a savior they seek solemnly for salvation. Gods grace and guard them not, but he on heaven's heights heard. Thus are the words." The maiden was silent, eyes downcast in thought as she continued across her room. Her feet made no sound as she walked, and the merest whisper of silk and the rustle of feathers was all that could be heard until she spoke.

"Why should I help these mortals? Why should I waste both time and effort on the beasts crawling below? What makes them different than any other, Hearer of Words?" She shook her head as she ascended her stairwell, stepping out into the sunlight. "No. Let someone else take pity on them, if that is their fate." The kite clicks its beak, shaking its head in turn.

"Those are not words of Kivran. They are words of Eliar."

"No!" Her soft voice turned into a feral snarl suddenly, and the kite took to the wing again. She restrained herself just as swiftly, but her clenched fists were white. "I am not- I never would-"

"Eliar spoke them. As did brothers, as did sisters. Ignored the prayers, let the mortals perish. This one remembers." The kite looked at its mistress with a baleful eye. "Like or no, the words make you at one with the ones before." The silence was not that of stones; the silence was that of a coming storm. The maiden looked up into the sky, as the sun reached his zenith.

Her voice was quiet when she finally spoke again. "Who are they?"

In Lands of Snow and Wood - The Twin Wolves

But for their quiet paces, the forest was silent. No bird disrupted the sacred rite, no small beast dared interrupt the immaculate moment. Just the two, moving through the snow in what was almost silence. The crunch of ice here, a snapped twig there; the glimpse of sun-browned skin or white fur.

For what must have been days they circled each other, and yet the moment was upon them so soon. He stepped out from beneath the trees into the clearing, and his prey followed suit from behind a bush of thorns. For a moment, their gazes met, and they understood. This moment had been fated to happen since their birth. Now it must be played out.

The wolf moves first, crimson maw distended, drool dripping from jagged fangs. It leaps, and that is its folly. He catches it mid-leap, his shoulder meeting its neck. They fall into the snow, thrashing about. He becomes an animal himself, instinct guiding his blows, allowing him to escape the snapping jaw and ignore the powerful claws raking his chest. Bones break beneath his fists - it is off balance, he grabs its neck and twists. The crack seems to echo across the world.

He holds his hand to his chest. He does not need to look to know that blood was drawn. But he cannot tarry, cannot take the time to bind his wounds. Nine days - no less, no more. He takes the carcass - his body, lying there broken - and throws it over his shoulders. Its pelt will be his garment, when its visage becomes his own.

Ignoring the cold, Ek'ane of the Aiune began the journey back to his people, the animal of his spirit slung across his back.

Cuaqchi
2010-01-15, 02:44 PM
Overlooking the Valley of the Lion

The sun was just setting across the vast savannah, casting a beautiful red glow for all to see. But one man was not watching, Gru'dok Headsman of the Lion Clan had a hunt to prepare and no image no matter how breathtaking could pull him from his work.

He had to select four other males from the clan to join him as well as the women that would prepare the kill for the long journey back to the great rock. It would have been easy had they known how far they were to travel, but he must also leave able men to guard the cave against wild dogs or the vicious large tooth cat. Surely Moo'Uk would join him, the boy had been the one to actually recieve the vision of the hunt and that honour could not be taken from him but Moo'Uk's mate was young and were there a problem she may not be able to carry another woman's burden across the sunscorched earth.

Bra'tum was to stay, as his brother and second male his strength and personality would lead the the clan against any predator and Gru'mo'tak as shaman could not leave the cave for so long without the spirits deserting them. That left only Da'Nik, Sho'Mur, or Kei'Ook unless he was to bring the aged Lok'/Oo or one of the boys, and the boys would not understand that this kill was for Moo'Uk first and not a means for them to claim manhood.

Gru'dak sat alone considering his position long into the night, still questioning his final decision as he went to sleep the moon was already returning to its rest on the eastern horizon.

clockworkmonk
2010-01-15, 03:48 PM
Zayn looked out over the world from atop Mount Acros, and considered his place.

He shouldn't have been. There was no god of fire before him. He's still not entirely sure where he came from. But here he was, so...

Zayn decided to take a walk around and the Deiopolis to meet his brothers and sisters. To see where the day would take him.

He certainly would not stick around the mountain too long or visit too often after this day. He had a world to explore.

Raz_Fox
2010-01-15, 05:04 PM
In the Valley of the Aiune - Prayers and Petitions Percieved

The cramped hut was filled with the smoke of herb and root. Serpent-Aisha breathed it in deeply, letting it fill his lungs and rest on his tongue, moving through his head and behind his eyes. He looked up to the night sky through the aperture in the roof, letting his words waft out with the smoke.

"I, Serpent-Aisha of the Aiune who live in the Valley of Waters, speak. May the strongest kamui hear me; may these words be carried to the highest places where they dwell.
I speak for the Aiune, the children of the forest. Here we have lived for as long as any can remember. Food is abundant here, both the growing fruits in the heats and the beasts in the snows; bone and root and skin we have in abundance. Here we have lived since Tarasu and Y'komi separated themselves, chasing each other across the sky.
I speak for the Aiune, for we have become the hunted people. The kin of rock and soil, the filth of the mountains, have gathered in the high places; they, like water, seek the low places for their own. We have fought them - ai, the blood of our warriors was strong - but they are many, and they have weapons of stone. Without a master of the kamui by our side, we will die in the Valley of Waters.
I, Serpent-Aisha of the Aiune who live in the Valley of Waters, know not who will hear these words, lifted high by the spirit of fire and wood. I implore he who hears me, to come and be our god, to cast down the little rocks that gather in the high places. Go, words, and be carried up into the heavens."

Serpent-Aisha's head lowered, till his chin almost touched his chest. His painted eyes closed, and his breath came slowly. Gradually, the smoke left the hut, the fire before him dwindling down to nothing. Serpent-Aisha did not vent his sorrow, but quietly spoke to himself. "If only I knew how to save us. The kamui - they have not listened for a century. And they expect me to conjure one up immediately, to bind him with oaths and make him our god. No." He shook his head slowly, then began to scratch in the dirt. "Ek'ane has not returned, nor Aikoru and Iw'atesh. Bull-El'kes and Fox-Ainye, they have not returned from the hunt in the Pass of Ice; Salmon-Ak'rel and Falcon-Es'inar keep watch in the high places. Five and Three we have that cannot fight; Five and Two are hunting. Two-Fives we have to fight the kin of rock. There are more of them, but we can throw well. Yes, stones and yari, we can throw."

A yell, carried in by the night wind - Serpent-Aisha looked up, startled. He rose, taking up his cudgel and his yari, then brushing aside the veil of fur that covered the door. He was not ready for the coming of the rock folk, but he would fight until death if he must. He did not turn as he heard the crunch of snow behind him, nor as Bear-Kikai spoke to him.
"Who comes, Serpent-Aisha?"

"The kamui have not shown me. Perhaps the mountain-kin. Perhaps not." Serpent-Aisha peered into the darkness, trying to see what was coming into the Valley of Rivers.

Then the cry was repeated, and now Serpent-Aisha heard, and smiled. This the kamui had shown him. "Ek'ane! Ek'ane! Wolf-brother Ek'ane has returned!"

--------------------------

It is all but impossible to climb the mountains surrounding the Valley of Rivers. Many a youth of the Aiune has tried, and failed, to ascend the steep cliff-sides - the greatest defense of the Aiune. If any of them had the keen sight of a hawk in the night, they might have seen the slightest bit of movement, like a cloth caught in wind. Even they would have laughed, and shaken their heads, for thinking that someone could be on the mountains' sides.

Kivran stood there alone, her cloak fluttering in the wind, her shadowed face inscrutable. She could see the bloodied, wearied elf, carrying the carcass of a wolf on his shoulders, stumbling at every step. She could see others, leaving the huts that surrounded the frozen river that cut through the valley, paint of dye and ochre bright on their faces. And she could see the one who had prayed for a god, gathering the paints from the bundled furs they were wrapped in.

Had the prayer come from any other, she would have left. But this one - he had prayed, and then he had prepared himself instead of trusting in the whim of the gods. Few other gods would look on him with pleasure for that, but to Kivran he had showed both wisdom and self-reliance. And to one that lacked it, it was intriguing indeed. He had something about him as well, the balance between the three. It was natural, raw, but he had it. Or it had him. He would understand. Yes.

Kivran stepped out into the winds, and let them lower her down to the snow - not all the way down, of course. Her feet left no tracks as she circled around the valley, for they did not even touch the snow. She watched, she listened, from the comforting embrace of the shadows. And she remembered.

-------------------

It was almost done - just the last touch of the paint, on both eyelids. The sign of the wolf adorned Ek'ane's face, signifying both his spirit and his new life. "Ek'ane you are no more. Wolf-Ek'ane I name you, brother of the wolf and master of the forest. Take up your yari and your cudgel, Wolf-Ekane." Hind-Lisan, his father, gave the new man his weapons, and the tribesmen assembled there gave a great roar of welcome and respect for the newest member of the hunt.

His task was done. Serpent-Aisha turned away, ready to continue his pondering, ready to secret away the paints until one of the other youths returned. Then, movement caught the corner his eye, and he looked across the valley.

He could barely make out the figure. A shroud covered its face and shoulders, and it was this he had seen, caught by the wind. The figure made the merest movement, turning its face, and Serpent-Aisha knew it looked at him. Then it was gone. Serpent-Aisha, still cradling the paints in one arm, followed it.

Where it had been, there was no sign, even though Serpent-Aisha could track a mouse over the snow. Naught but a black feather. He picked it up with care, looking at it in disbelief. "Kamui."

tynger1234
2010-01-15, 06:26 PM
The tribe of the Setting Sun
Valcairne now under his new post in Godhood finds very little uses for his time, decides that his best pursuit would be mortal affairs. Valcairne saw the chaos that the mortal races were capable of; he saw all forms of life need order to survive. He would make the protectors and Justiciars of the races, the Alpha and Omega to bring peace to a savage land.

And so, the goblins were first to see his gaze.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sun was finally setting, the tribe knew it was time to move again. The intense desert sun would burn into there flesh harder than the most fearsome adversairy. The tribe moved between oasisis every night, if they stayed too long at any one they would surely run out and eventually perish. The old and nursing are the only bodies who rode on camel-back, the healthy would walk for camels were few. Koul'mack was the protector of the tribe, making sure the desperation of the other desert creatures would not lead to their deaths.

During the day while Koul'mack was in deep slumber, he had a vision. He saw the terrain of the dessert flashing past and high speeds, showing the transition of day and night between. When the land had stopped moving a full moon had passed and showed a great oasis with enough water and game to sustain his tribe for generations. After showing the edges of the land his dream ended with a voice ringing through his ear. "This is what your people will need to survive If you are truly after the well being of your race seek it, and your reward will be a gift to you and all of the goblins."

Zerkai
2010-01-15, 08:06 PM
The plans of my brothers and sisters hold little importance to me as of now, as there is much work to be done. I have settled for my own domain in southern arctic, where I'll construct a massive library. Once it is complete I shall journey to fill it's soon to be vast and empty shelves. But first, I will need workers, this is a task I cannot waste time doing myself.

-----------------

I found large tribes of Frost Giants spread across the the area I intend to create my library-stronghold. They seem capable of carrying out my will, but getting them to is another matter altogether. It may require some aggressive persuasion, but I hope it does not come to that. I will need a majority of them unharmed and able to work.

-----------------

The stronghold will be finished ahead of schedule. The tribes of Frost Giants are more motivated then I expected after I felled most of their leaders. Some assumed their immunities to cold energy meant that they would would be able to endure my power I could use against them if they denied my sovereignty.

The rest are working quite hastily to pick up the slack.

purepolarpanzer
2010-01-16, 02:30 AM
A Waiting God and A Ripe People
BORING!
Geket looked down from his perch atop the mountain of divinity. He had held back till now... patient, vulnerable, still forming as a god. His soul was a touch of uncertainty in a word quickly forming, and so he decided that sometimes waiting a minute was worth it. It was what allowed him to gain what power he did. He often spoke of his brothers and sisters in scorn, citing their grubbing and squealing like pigs at a trough for the dregs of the power they had taken, while he had been left with scraps. But he knew as well as any that scraps were good enough to patch together great things. He looked down, and began scanning the horizon with keen eyes and a god's perception for a people who thought like him. He reached out, and after a time he felt what he was searching for- a need, from a people of left overs. The weak, the pushed around, those who needed a touch of luck and skull drudgery for their survival. He jumped down, and in a flash a ragged looking dog with patchy fur bounced up the road to a small village erected out of reeds, wood, and on the water, where the halflings were waiting for him.
In the Village
A number of the small ones were gathered at a small public eating place, where the sounds and smells of cooking food made the dog that Geket inhabited drool and want to beg. But he simply strode forward, listening to the talk of the people. He heard one halfling, a male, grumbling loudly about the humans on the upper part of the river, before the great lake, who were mistreating the small folk- denying them fishing rights, taking their farmland, pushing them back to this small, wet marsh. Geket smiled internally, and thought on the subject. For a few seconds. To someone of his intellect, the problem was elementary. He pushed the man's mind towards an inevitable end, easily, like rolling a ball down a hill.
I wish we had some way to fight back. Something that would give us a way to fight those big oafish humans. Something to make them fear us, no matter what our height...
At that point, a ragged dog bounced forward, panting and yapping as it dropped a small flower into the halfling's hand. A purple flower with sharp thorns at the bud of the bloom stared back up at the halfling with a yellow center, seeming innocent and benign. A loud voice sounded in the hut, and wind blew all the torches a shade darker. The dog howled as a laughing voice called out above the gale-
Hello, my small friends! My name is Geket, and have I got a deal for you! Simply supply me with worship, honor my abilities in thievery, mischief, and self preservation, and your people will prosper under my care as my favorites in this world. This flower is my gift to you-mash it in water and put it on the river stones you sling. I promise it will bring down the strongest human, and with it you will drive them from your rivers. Try it out, and then get back to me with the worshipping. Good luck!
The dog bounced out, a smile on its canine muzzle, as it disappeared into the twilight. Geket rode an errant breeze back to the Mountain, eager to see what his family thought of the meddling he had done.
Home, on the Mountain
Geket sat on his normal perch, and jutting balcony of rock that gave him a great view of the world. He giggled as the halflings threw stones at the humans, who laughed and aimed spears. Then their movements tipped, their spears flew strangely, and they crashed to the ground, their tongues stained purple as they choked to death. Geket lept up out of pure glee at the unsettling he had caused and danced back to a less remote area, looking for someone to gloat to.
You see that? My people prosper! The poor humans can't deal with Geket's Joke! I must remember to tell them to call it that, so they will add adoration to its every use! Those bullies are getting pushed back as I speak! What do you think of that!
He yells this to an open chamber, cackling and hoping someone would hear him. The best part of a victory is that basking in the malice it brings from those who think themselves superior.

Kasanip
2010-01-16, 03:59 AM
Alis - Goddess of Water

Time flowed on like the trickling water of a babbling brook - ever that it ran it's course, so too did that which was swept away come at last to deposit at the sea.

It was a natural course of events then, that the domain of water itself had flown from the highest point to the lowest, from the grand ages of old, to the father, and down to the daughter who had risen to claim it.

And perhaps someday it would slip between her fingers and fall to someone else. Alis didn't know, but if that was what was to become, then she would not concern herself with it. For the moment, she was quite content with the huge domain under her command. The seas were vast and plentiful, and from Mount Acros, Alis could see a great swath of her domain. The oceans and yet even their smaller sisters, the rivers and streams, were her own. From mountaintop to the lowest depths of the sea, it was her own.

Amidst the waters there were the stirrings of life of a myriad host, far beyond any reckoning any had thought to give before. And yet she had read the stories of the coral, and heard the songs of the great whales and beasts that slumbered still beneath the waves. This was a world of life, and it was so entirely different than the domain of lands.

And yet there was something about those lands... She had realized as she had first walked on the shores, feeling the sand beneath her feet. There was a different song that played on the cool wind, and there were beings upon it's surface that had something those beneath the seas did not. Alis had watched them from the rivers as they spoke in garbled and harsh tongues, and she had seen them from the waves as they roamed the shores, looking for food.
There was one thing they did have that she recognized instantly, and that was an eye and appreciation for wealth and beauty. Their fascination with the shells and colors of the world about them, clear in the decoration upon their skins and the furs wrapped about their bodies, was a sight that stirred something in her.
Yes, while she may have been the ruler of the seas - a queen of a domain vast and great - she had felt the strangest of urges to give to them from herself. And so they were blessed with fish and food as much as they could want.

Alis dove back beneath the seas to the realm of coral and pearl that was her kingdom, and she brooded and thought long upon these things. With her right hand she could offer them food and security, a life of bliss and happiness beside the ocean plentiful.... But with her left that could be taken away.

Power...she had plenty of it, and yet it was a troubling gift. So she came to Acros and wandered the halls. Perhaps one of her brothers or sisters could offer her advice.

tynger1234
2010-01-16, 08:32 AM
In the Burning Sea
Koul'mack had arisen from his slumber just as the sun was setting, he had news to tell the tribe. "My friends, I have something marvelous to tell you all.". Everyone that was awake had given attention to him. "I had a vision of a prosperous land for our people, one that we will be able to live in for generations.". Many of them had beleived he had gone completely mad at this thought."Why say you this, you are no Soothsayer.".
"Believe me, a greater power has told me so."
"You are nothing but a fool and a liar, ignore him."
"Please, come with me and all of your children will take the benefits of this land."

His people had feigned interest, only a few would follow his lead. Together him and the few under his leadership left his tribe under the prediction Koul'mack had made. Only after a few nights travel had the most important questions been asked.

"So how far is this place you keep talkin' about Koul'mack?"
"We still have much to go, but there is an oasis within the next mile."
"How could you possibly know all this, the visions our old tribe shaman had were never so... thourough."
"All I know is that whoever gave me this vision is looking over us now, guiding our passage."

Cuaqchi
2010-01-16, 09:47 AM
Overlooking the Valley of the Lions

As the sun once again crested the distant horizon its light slowly filtered into the cave, striking the magic stones the shamans of old had positioned around the entrance and setting the entire room aglow with the sun's brilliance.

As the light crept over the Lion Clan the first to rise was as it had always been Gru'Mo'Tak ready to prepare the wards and potions that the hunters would need when they left later that day. He stepped outside, naked but for the elaborate feathered headress he wore and began to chant summoning the powers of old to aid his work and calling as he would for many days to come for the gods to provide for the hunters as they searched for Moo'Uk's great lion.

While Gru'Mo'Tak continued with his unknown rituals the others all began to wake, moving about their small marked areas in the cave as they prepared themselves for the day. Men checked their slings and atl-atls ensuring that they would be ready for the hunt, while the woman busied themselves packing the tools and supplies that would sustain the hunt until the great lord had given them their lion.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Atop Mount Acros

Kordath watched as the shaman continued his prayer. It was obvious the man was powerful, for he held no fear of the environment as he stood against the elements atop his rocky home. It was also obvious that here was where he had to show himself, for though these people were brave they still felt the need for guidance before a long trip and the devotion was worthy of reply.

So he stepped from his keep like home to watch as his siblings played their own games, sure that at least one of them would soon ruin the order that had been drawn up in his covenant with Valcairn. Knowing the destruction that could soon come his way though only hardened his will though, strengthing his resolve to put a solid form of government on the world and sparring the people the petty squabling that his parents and grandparents had suffered from; so he only looked skyward calling for his faithful mount with a shrill whistle so that he could appear properly before his people.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overlooking the Valley of the Lions

Gru'Mo'Tak was nearly finished with his prayer when he heard the call, like that of a man breathing swiftly along a reed. It carried along the wind as if it came from no where before the image appeared in front of him, his god had come. Kor'/Ha was mounted as always atop the unknown winged beast, which as he had once seen could fly like the greatest of birds while able to run like a gazelle.

Dropping to his knees the shaman began to speak, Great lord Kor'/Ha you have come. I seek your blessing to give to our hunters as Moo'Uk takes on the vision quest that you have given him."

"You shall have the blessing shaman, though it is not just you who shall carry it this hunt. Moo'Uk has been chosen by me and your apprentice shall also carry the marks though he does not yet know."

"I understand Moo'Uk lordship, it is his vision quest and it has already been determined that if he is to succeed he shall in time carry the mantle of headsman. My apprentice however is a surprise, I did not believe that Gru'Dok would take a child on a hunt such as this but if that is your will I shall ensure that it is done."

"The real challenge shall occur at this rock, for the hunt is to take an entire moon's time with the hunters not returning until the sky is once again dark. You must hold everyone together, just as Bank will be required to with the hunters. I wish you well shaman, now go to your people and begin the preperations for their rise to greatness."

Raz_Fox
2010-01-16, 11:07 AM
Atop Mount Acros - Water and Sky

The skies were bright above Mount Acros - they were always bright. As the goddess of water ascended into the halls of the gods, she was watched by the kites of Acros, circling in the bright skies.

One deigned to descend from the heights, great wings spread wide as it swooped down upon one of the mighty statues that decorated the holy mountain. It picked at its wings before seemingly noticing Alis, cocking its head as she approached.

"Water-goddess! Rare is your rising; joyous and jubilant are we." It shifted its grip on the divinely-crafted marble, leaning forward as it did so. "No trouble tries your rising, we trust."

In the Valley of the Aiune - Magic and Marvels

The cramped hut was filled with the smoke of herb and root. The flesh of two birds lay on the fire, as did a carefully-carven inaw, placed there as a sacrifice to the kamui of the black feather. As they burned, the smoke rose up to heaven - and Serpent-Aisha breathed in the smoke deeply, let it flow through every part of him, loosening his tongue and carrying his words.

"I, Serpent-Aisha of the Aiune who live in the Valley of Waters, speak. May the kamui of the black feather hear me; may these words be carried to the highest places where he dwells.
I speak for the Aiune, for we need your wisdom and your strength. Our enemies gather against us; in the high places, the foes of the Aiune ready themselves. Without your guidance, we will wander lost until the hunt is upon us.
I speak for the Aiune, for all of my kindred, and I call upon you, kamui of the black feather. If you have gazed kindly upon us, come down and become our god. To you will be given sacrifice and praise - inaw we will carve in your image, and your name will be on our lips in every bounty. Save us from the kin of earth and rock, and we will be your people.
I, Serpent-Aisha of the Aiune who live in the Valley of Waters, know that you will hear these words, carried up by the spirit of fish and wood. I implore you, kamui of the black feather, to come down among us and be our god, that the Aiune might live. Go, words, and be carried up into the heavens."

Serpent-Aisha closed his eyes, and let the smoke be carried from his body and from the offering. He waited, kneeling on his furs, listening as the fire slowly died. As the fire finally collapsed into ashes, he shook his head. He opened his eyes, reaching out to rake away the ash and the bones. He stopped, then retracted his hand with a slight smile. "So. You did hear."

When the kamui cloaked in black feathers spoke, it was in a quiet rasp, stone gently pulled across stone - and yet it was that of a girl, that was unmistakable. "I heard. You need a guardian."

Serpent-Aisha nodded in assent. "As you say, kamui of the black feathers." He waited for her to speak. They sat there in silence for far too long. Finally, he spoke again. "How shall we be saved from our enemies, mighty one?"

"I will teach you the arts I know. Magic beyond these first weak steps. I will bless you with the grace of the skies - but no more. This battle is yours to fight, Serpent-Aisha of the Aiune."

"Very well. Even this is more than I had hoped, kamui of the Aiune." The kamui nodded, then folded her hands together. Her breathing was calm and steady, what could be seen of her visage was serene.

"Everything is connected..."

tynger1234
2010-01-16, 01:32 PM
Over the Sea of Fire - A New Begining
few who followed Koul'mack had grown weary, they were ready to leave Koul'mack at the next oasis leaving him to die alone in the hot sun with no protection. Koul'mack wase begining to lose faith aswell, he started to think this "Vision" was nothing more than a crazy dream. He wanted to turn back and ask the forgiveness of his former tribe.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Atop Acros
Valcairne was seeing his valiant few's resolves wavering, he knew if he did'nt step in now that his plan would never come to be. Valcairne grabbed his Ranseur and armor, he would save his beleivers any way he could.

As Koul'mack and his friends set up their camp preparing for day break, a new and powerful force had them stop in what they were doing and gaze and the true power they were working for. He was like nothing they had ever seen before, standing more than twice their height in gleaming armor that shone as the very sun they hid from. In his hand was a long weapon with an end that would be able to slice through the skies themselves. The goblins unable to do anything except watch him and listen to his words. "My friends, your journey is a very noble one. But for it to truly be for the greater good of your people, you must bring them all. Go back to your tribe, they will be in the oasis two days to the west of here.
"But sir, how will we be able to make them believe such a story. They will think we went mad with thirst and will attack us."
"Koul'mack, you are right. But that is why I give you and all of you companions this gift."

As Valcairne said those words he put his palm to Koul'mack's forhead. As Valcairne touched Koul'macks head a brilliant light shone around all of them, all of them felt a tremendous power feulling them; making them stronger, braver, ... a true warrior in the eyes of their god. When the light had diminished, Koul'mack saw that his body had become the color of the sun, his body was no longer frail and weak like it had been before. All of his friends had changed aswell, into a stronger powerful version of their former selves. Valcairne then looked Koul'mack in the eye.
"Go my friend, bring your people to their sanctuary. Tell them that Valcairne will bring them into the eyes of gods that ignored them."
Koul'mack stood their in pure astonishment,wondering why a God chose himself over any other goblin. This would be overwhelming enough to make a lesser man feignt, but Koul'mack stood their vigilant in the presence of his lord. As if trained since birth, Koul'mack and his friends kneeled before Valcairne in unison"We will not fail you, my lord."

purepolarpanzer
2010-01-16, 03:44 PM
Geket atop Acros
Where is everyone? Gloating is no good without an audience...
Geket left, looking for the other gods, seeking lords of wind, water, or whatever else came his way.

daelrog
2010-01-16, 04:53 PM
Uthram sat atop of throne of gold, depictions of his victories against the Exalted carefull crafted. No other gods' accomplishments cold be seen on it. All alone, the god sat, his fist pressed in his cheek, waiting as the pitiful mortals races fought to control the elements, seeking naugh but survival in this age.

Who amongst them were worthy of his gifts? Who amngst these creatures were worthy enough to worship him as their god?

Already he could feel his sblings and cousins emerse themselves into the world, fnd creatures to their liking, and manipulate them to do their bidding. Was the war for supremacy upon him again? Were the others so impatient that they could not wait? Of course not, for they were scared.

"The first to controlthe elements thatmy brothers and sisters call their own will be mine. Those mortals who need not concern themselves with the seasons shall be worthy enough to bare witness to me.

He looked up to see a mighty raptor in the sky, wingspan of twenty feet, an eagle of immense size. "A creature of the sky goddess? No, she cares little for her realm, only concerned with her petty, unnatural art. Perhaps if she cares not for the winged ones, then I will claim them, along with her kingdom." He would think on this one. After all, impatience was for those beneath him.

A deep, guttural laughter began emmitting from the angellic figures cruel, selfish heart.

Cuaqchi
2010-01-16, 05:36 PM
Within the Cave of the Lion Clan

As Gru'Mo'Tak re-entered the cave he could see within his mind's eye those that had been chosen, Kor'/Ha had done as he said and given his blessings. Now all that was left was for Gru'Dok to make the announcement and the ceremony of the hunt would begin.

Gru'Dok watched as the shaman returned to his pit, knowing that the priest had again been visited by this new and respected diety and that his choices were approved by the one power that actually needed to be pleased. As such he needed only wait until the priest was ready to continue before he made his announcement, and the clan parted ways until the beast was slain.

Donning the pelt of the beast he had slain as a youth Gru'Dok took his position at the center of the cave, eventually flanked by both Gru'Mo'Tak and Moo'Uk. When all were ready the shaman struck his staff upon the stone floor, obeying the customs that had for generations been no more than formality when the clan's attention was required.

"We are gathered to select who shall accompany Moo'Uk on his vision quest." Gru'Dok roared, his voice and movements resonating with the tribe. "Along with myself as witness to the passage of the lion's mantle, Da'Nik as master of the bolo shall come, his prowess capable of entangling even the strongest beast. Kei'Ook as the greatest tracker shall come as well for he will know the best locations to face the beast. Last is Bank who shall offer us the divine guidance and earn his manhood by sealing the path that we shall follow for generations beyond."

There was a slight murmur that ran through the tribe with the last name, surely Bank was unsuited to travel while still a boy but the shaman stood by and allowed it as a child was chosen for a man's role.

"Kor'/Ha has accepted our headsman's choice, and has granted his blessing. We shall gather under the noon sun today and the marks of the hunter shall be given, until then prepare for we shall begin soon."

Kasanip
2010-01-16, 11:12 PM
Alis - Goddess of Water touching the Sky

As Alis' rainbow step treaded across the marble and glory of the Holy Mountain, she turned her head upwards to see the great Kite. Gracing it with a filling smile, she shook her head only once.
"Ah, it has been long since I've had the pleasure of such words with one of your kind. Truly the troubling of my heart is not with the rising tide, but here on Mount Acros, our home. I have come in search of answers the roiling ocean cannot feed." She spread her arms wide and turned, her dress swaying with her as completed the movement with grace.
"In this expanse who has seen the flair and subtleties of the mortal folk better but my own brethren? It is of them that I have come to ask these questions of mine. What the nature of their hearts and minds, the shapings and makings of their hands and their eyes of refinement are pleasing to me. Should perhaps your kind know of such things?"

She tilted her head slightly as she observed the creature, but even then she sighed.
"And yet I perceive this is not the case, for indeed your realm is the sky, as the fishes' is the sea, and the human's, land. Three worlds separate and yet connected- a subtle boundary invisible to the eye."

She turned and saw that, of all her brethren gathered across the mountain hall, Geket was approaching first in his idle wanderings.

purepolarpanzer
2010-01-17, 12:10 AM
Geket saw his sister, the Goddess of Water, acting melancholy by herself. An idea sputtered into life like a candle flame, and he sprung across the expanse separating them, smiling widely and bowing before her in one motion.
Dear sister, I come with good news! The small people, the Halflings, who so value your waters and gifts, have pushed back those who would squander your blessings and taken more of the rivers that they call home! With my help, they seek to model themselves after my example, BUT! I have a proposition for you. The small ones may have held them off for now, but it will take more then good land warriors to keep their territory and their children fed. Now, if they were to learn to navigate your waterways, they would have a whole new home in the gracious lifeblood of the land. I think that these small ones could be both of our first works, and that aiding them could be our first great works in the mortal lands! I would not want to presume to send them onto your waters without the blessing of the Lady who owns them!
He whipped a hat off his head, bowed a bit lower, and then hopped up next to his sister, eagerly awaiting her response.

Kasanip
2010-01-17, 07:51 AM
Alis

"Ah, dear Geket my brother. Your tongue is still as fast as the rapids." She said with a gentle laugh.
In listening to his words though, she felt a stirring in her heart. Yes, perhaps these little folk could indeed learn to navigate the rivers. Floating homes upon the surface of the winding streams... She could see it - a marvel of their own creative ingenuity and trust in her guidance.

"Yes... I think it is not a poor idea. Certainly if these 'halflings' have trouble with the humans, then to seperate their realms some would be beneficial. And yet I cannot deny humans the sea, for they interest me so." She said.
"Very well then. I am happy you came to ask my blessing, and you shall have it for this endeavor." Alis finished, gracing Geket with a nod of her head.

tynger1234
2010-01-17, 09:05 AM
Valcairne
Valcairne seeing his new followers run off through the desert gave him hope, knowing that soon his knighthood would flourish under the command of someone so authoratative as Koul'mack. He decided to retire to Acros while his devouted followers headed to their destiny.

As he made it to the top, he noticed a few of his kin, Geket and Alis in a conversion. He didn't really aprove of any of Geket's methods even if they got the job done, he was a completely dishonourable man. Alis on the the other hand may be a useful ally when his goblins make it to the lake in the center of the desert.

He gave a friendly wave to them and was on his way.

Koul'mack traveled faster than he ever had. He was no longer afraid of the sun for it would not burn into his flesh. The others had the same effect on them aswell. It took them no more than a day to reach tribe, exactly where their master said they would be. They reached the camp at noon, but their celebration for reaching their destination was cut short.

Koul'mack watched as the dunes themselves came at ablinding speed towards the camp. Instantly Koul'mack took the lead over his friends to alert and protect the tribe, their lives of everyonr in the tribe meant the life or death of the entire goblin race. As Koul'mack and one other raced to the speeding sands, it turned direction and emerged.

The beast that spread forth was great in size, it's maw was filled with row upon row of dagger sharp teeth, and hands tipped with claws long as Koul'mack's fore arm. It's body was covered in a tannish brown carapace that would deflect most blows. It's eyes were as black as the deepest pits of the underworld. This beast would tear through the goblin camp with ease.

Koul'mack stood there ready to face his challenge head on with the help of his other Alpha goblins.

purepolarpanzer
2010-01-17, 11:08 AM
Atop Acros
My dear sister, you will not regret it! I will go to them immediately, and I will teach them, and I will show them, and it will be so GREAT! They will live as frogs, with homes in the water but with the ability to go on land as they wish! And with this, our gift to them, no one will push them around any more, and they will not have to war for their rightful place in creation! His tumbling speech is halted for a moment by the appearance of Valcairne, who nods at his siblings. Geket immediately stuck his tongue out at his brother, though he would barely admit it- his brother who didn't believe in freedom or mischief or fun. At that, he leaned in and kissed his sister on the cheek, embracing her briefly, before springing down the mountain, whooping in happiness as he went.
The Bend In the River Tribe of Halflings
Things had been going well since the purple flower had been given to them. The human tribe of the area gave them a wide berth, cautious of ambushes where a single wound would drop the most seasoned warrior. Now there was smiling and dancing in the halfling reed hut village, more then there ever had been before. Geket took a few days to simply bask in this joy, dancing and whooping and feasting and even enjoying the company of a red cheeked halfling lass with braids and flowers in her hair. He smiled one night and left the hut they were sharing, enjoying the moonlight almost as much as he enjoyed the mix of day and night that he called his own. He set to work, gathering reeds and even ordering some small beasts to do the work for him. He then began to weave at an incredible rate, making first a small canoe, then a larger pontoon raft. His dextrous fingers, though unused to serious work, enjoyed a trick more then anything, and this trick would flip nature upside down. when the sun rose at dawn, Geket crowed loudly, waking up many halflings from their sleep before they were normally accustomed. Those who awoke, however, were greeted by a magnificent sight- boats of every size, shape, and even color floated calmly, tied to the bank. Geket stood, wiped the sweat from his small halfling brow, and smiled warmly, pulling his halfling maid in close for a kiss and a squeeze.
Jonor...The name that he had told her, though only a white lie, made him uncomfortable. He always liked credit to be given to him, not to some name he whipped out of his head. What are these, Jonor?
These are boats, blossom.The Lady Alis and Geket the mighty and genius have blessed our people, Geket has even chosen them... I mean us... as his own. First he gave us Geket's Joke. He plucked a flower from her hair and turned to the crowd: GEKET'S JOKE!! before turning back:And he has blessed me and instructed me to give you this fleet. Soon, you will be able to make your own boats. Different boats. I've always loved the imagination of you... I mean others. And then our people will truly be water people, living in the embrace of Alis and the protection of Geket.

Cuaqchi
2010-01-17, 11:39 AM
The Valley of the Lions

As the sun rose to its pinnacle in the sky all members of the Lion Clan had gathered within the ritual wooden circle waiting for Gru'Mo'Tak to begin the Ceremony of the Hunt. Their wait however was short lived as the shaman entered dressed in the hide of a great lion, its head covering the shaman's face as a mask displaying the beast's fearsome visage.

As the ritual began the sacred elixer was mixed from amongst the flowers in the circle and passed to every adult present, granting those without the sight the ability to view the magics unfolding around them. When all had supped from the divine concoction both Bank and Gru'Mo'Tak began to chant, their words drifting upwards to armoured figure flying above the clan allowing the mixing of the ritual ointments and the application of the hunt's mark.

First to step forward was Gru'Dok stripped bare but for the cloth around his waist. Gru'Mo'Tak gestured to the sky calling forth Kor'/Ha before marking the headsman's arms and chest with blue dye in the symbol of the lion offering both strength of body and strength of heart for the challange to come.

Next was Da'Nik who again was stripped to his loincloth to stand before the clan. This time as the shaman began the ritual of marking he covered the man's back and shoulders granting him speed and accuracy with his bolo. Kei'Ook was third his face and legs marked to grant him the speed and senses of the great beast that they were to hunt. Fourth was the shaman apprentice, fully naked as he had yet to become a true man. Bank was instead marked about the loins calling for the god and his great beast to grant the boy both the name and status of an adult.

Last was Moo'Uk, who as champion and visionary of the hunt was still covered by a loose animal hide as he stepped before the shaman. It was the shaman who was to disrobe this man and grant him the purest powers for the coming hunt, and as Gru'Mo'Tak removed the soft gazelle hide from the man's shoulders he poured the remaining dye over the man's head magically covering every inch of his body to begin the final stage of the ceremony.

It was this final stage that was always differant, for the man be marked was to do so himself and Moo'Uk though chosen as hier to the mantle of headsman was still young. That knowledge however could not have prepared the shaman for what was to come as Moo'Uk dropped to his knees at the center of the holy ring and began to pray calling for the great Kor'/Ha to come and mark him as he had done in his vision.

As the words and symbols began to take shape only two people knew what was to happen next; Moo'Uk who had already seen this play out, and Kordath who had told him it would occur. So when Kordath dropped from the sky atop Noebilious only Moo'Uk did not jump back out of fear or surprise, surprise that only intensified when the god placed his hand upon the man causing the dye to take shape across his body.

First was the ring around his head, a symbol unknown to all within the tribe but with a power so great none could question. Second was the mane drawn about the hunter's neck and shoulders like that of the beast king's own. Third was the entagling vine line markings down the man's arms and ending at his fingers as animal like talons. Last around his waist and legs was what seemed like a tail, drawn up and tied around the body completing not only the ceremony of marking but also showing that Moo'Uk was chosen to be headsman not only of his clan but all clans that followed the call of the great Kor'/Ha.

daelrog
2010-01-17, 03:34 PM
For a year, Uthram observed the eagles, watching as they circled above the world in their mortal majesty. The god used his far reaching gaze to see them travel above the land, saw their hidden roosts beyond the reach of the land dwellers. These great birds had no natural predators, the top of the cycle of life, only the earth taking hold of them, but only after they had chosen death for temselves. To think that such a species already existed in this paltry grave of a world.

Great Egles of this world, you shall become my symbol, the muse that will lead those whose spirits yearn for greatness. Seek out the mortal races who understand that pide is to be earned, and then forged into the very weapon of righteousness.

His face turned ashen, and his eyes burned with malice. "And tell me which races are weak, who have no place in this world but to serve. Tell me, and I will make it so.

Raz_Fox
2010-01-17, 03:42 PM
In Lands of Snow and Wood - High and Low

There is a tenseness in the air itself today. Clouds cover the morning sun, leaving the shadows between the trees deeper than normal. There is a taut, palpable silence, the silence of warriors making not a sound. Yari were readied, stones gathered in heaps, cudgels gripped tightly. The keen-eyed Aiune were ready for the greatest hunt of all.

Serpent-Aisha sat cross-legged in the snow, chest bare and yari lying across his legs. Around him, made lines drawn in the snow, was a circle. On it lay a smooth white stone, the black feather of the kamui, and a pouch filled with water from the river of the Aiune, laid out in a triangle. Across from him sat Hind-Aikoru, his student, in a similar circle.

"Everything is connected."
"Water becomes rain becomes ice becomes water."
"As sky touches earth, so does our soul touch our land."
"As the rain molds earth, so will our blood command our land."
"As earth prevails against all ills, so will the bodies of our people remain strong."
"As the spider weaves his web, so shall we command the sinew of the world against the high-folk."

The barely-perceptible crunch of snow beneath light feet. Serpent-Aisha opened his eyes to see young Wolf-Ek'ane standing before them, cudgel clutched in his right hand, gripping the branch of an ash in left. "Salmon-Ak'rel has seen the high-folk coming down from their holes. They carry their axes of stone in their right and knives in their left - and their shamans sing praises of their god. Bear-Kikai is ready for battle, and will defend you as long as you need to call doom down upon them."

Serpent-Aisha looked at Hind-Aikoru, and a grim smile crossed his face. "No. We are ready for battle now." They rose, taking up their yari as they did so. "We shall meet them beneath the cherries. There, the power of the true kamui shall be revealed."

---------------------------

There was a tenseness in the air itself today. The air was filled with the sound of snow crunched under hide-bound feet, the sound of warriors breathing heavily, the groan of one injured by elf-shot stone or yari.

It wasn't right, they said to themselves. Everyone knew the Aiune were without courage, powerless before the might of the shamans - but only twice had they been attacked, and they were nearly at the entrance to the bountiful valley they were ready to claim as their own. Had they fled, attempting to distract the vengeful warriors and save their children? Or were they luring the righteous conquerers into a trap?

A shout rang out - a scout had spotted another of the elves, standing in the open between the trees. Roughly half a dozen dwarves charged forward, axes ready to cleave the foe in half. Roughly a dozen more realized that the trap couldn't be more obvious, and looked about them, knives held at the ready. They were right, though not in the way that they thought.

Serpent-Aisha breathed in deeply as he held out his yari, focusing himself on the world about him. The dancing of wind, the coldness of snow, the silence of stones. The slumbering power right beneath his feet. The mountain-kin before him - the warriors of the Aiune behind him - the sleeping giants all about him - the kamui of the black feathers in the highest places - and he, standing in the center of everything. Everything was connected.

"Awaken."

Groans filled the air, creaking and scraping and shaking. Though his eyes were closed, Serpent-Aisha still knew that one of the mountain-kin had made it to the trees, was pulling his axe back to bury it in Serpent-Aisha's chest. His wrist twitched, a small movement as if to yank a sinew taut, and a cherry tree's root shot out of the ground.

The price of wielding the connections is knowing your place in the tapestry and feeling the connections. Serpent-Aisha felt, dimly, the void the death left in the world. But the price was worth the lives of the Aiune. A greater gesture, pulling the sinews to his will, and the roots of a dozen cherry trees emerged from the ground, seeking the bodies of the mountain-kin.

"This is the power of the true kamui." As Serpent-Aisha finished speaking, the roars of the Aiune warriors rang out behind him, and yari and stones flew past him, striking their marks. The host of the mountain-kin fell back in a panic, fleeing from the wrath of the Aiune and their god, only to find Hind-Aikoru standing in their path.

With a roar of effort, his clenched hands trembling, Hind-Aikoru manipulated sinews of his own, making the earth rise up beneath their feet, blocking their retreat. The dwarves were caught between the two magi of the Aiune, and the Aiune fell upon them, Wolf-Ek'ane the first among them.

Few escaped, running, screaming, into the forest. Some among the Aiune followed them, to hunt the last warriors of the high places. Some returned to the Valley of Waters, binding the wounds of the few who had been injured. But Serpent-Aisha and Hind-Aikoru disappeared, and only Fox-Ainye knew where they had gone, and she never tells anyone her secrets.

------------------------

Two men, sitting in the shadow of mountains, meditating within circles. One is older, dark hair spilling over pale flesh and bright-hued paint. One is younger, golden hair tied back from his long face, body colored in ochre. The older is teaching the younger without words, feeling the spider's web of life all about them.

Far above them, the raven-cloaked maiden rises from her own circle, taking to the winds. She has seen much, and though she will not say it, she is proud of her student.

And as she ascends to Mount Acros again, she smiles to herself.

deathpigeon
2010-01-17, 04:22 PM
In the sea near Acros

A swirl of leaves slowly travel across the ocean toward Acros. It soon reaches the land. As it travels across the grass, withers and dies, but as soon as it leaves, the grass grows back with more life. As he passes trees, their leaves turn red and yellow, and fall off, but when it leaves, the trees grow back, more vibrant than ever. The leaves go up the mountain and into the city. When it enters, the leaves come together into a a great dragon. Hello, I just came to see your new city of arrogance. Its been a while.

tynger1234
2010-01-17, 04:53 PM
Under the high sun
The fearsome beast had found a new group of targets, It started to charge Koul'mack with blinding speed. All alphas were standing ready for it, braced for the impact.

Koul'mack was flung into the air landing on the beast's head. He readied his weapon to drive into its eyes. It shreiked as it was it became blinded, any goblin at the camp who was'nt alerted by the Alphas was in no need of such warning.

The beast was now blinded relying completely on it's sense of touch and ground. It knew that it was completely surrounded, but it would not leave without a kill. Koul'mack was once again flung into the air, the beast's jaws waiting for its new meal. Koul'mack landed into its maw. He would not die this way; Koul'mack grabbed at the monster's teeth tearing them from its gums, ripping anything in his reach.

Outside of the belly of the beast the Alpha surrounded the beast keeping it on its hind-quarters, this would not leave with their leader. All of their attacks had no hope of freeing Koul'mack, none of the weapons could pierce its thick hide.

Koul'mack knew he would surely die if he did'nt create a hole in this creature somewhere. He worked furiously at digging through the bottom of its massive head, using only the teeth of the behemoth as his only tools. Whenever one tooth broke he would merely tear another out, each time making the vile monster bawl in fear and pain.

All the goblins watched in astonishment as the neck of the creature split open in a frenzy of blood and slashes. The monster roared in its final moments, falling backward into the dunes. Koul'mack standing over his kill called all goblins to the beast, to announce the message of the lord Valcairne to his people.

Atop Across

"well that was unexpected."

deathpigeon
2010-01-17, 05:10 PM
Atop Across

"well that was unexpected."

Also atop Acros

The dragon smiles, Really? You should know me better than that.

daelrog
2010-01-17, 07:24 PM
With a simple word of power, the greater majority of Great Eagles unknowingly pledge to Uthram's service, his eyes and ears. Their vews on the races below Uthram's first and only template for his judgement, his own eyes too valuable to gaze upon the pathetic mortals himself.

"It is time I returned to Acros."

He could feel members of his family already amassing there. He would not allow the more tainted ones to spin their webs past their own domains. It was always far easier to stop a spider before it could builds its walls.

Uthram, lifted upon his own feathery, glistening white wings soared above where the peoples of this world could fathom, to Acros. At first glance, he was displeased with what he saw.

deathpigeon
2010-01-17, 07:31 PM
With a simple word of power, the greater majority of Great Eagles unknowingly pledge to Uthram's service, his eyes and ears. Their vews on the races below Uthram's first and only template for his judgement, his own eyes too valuable to gaze upon the pathetic mortals himself.

"It is time I returned to Acros."

He could feel members of his family already amassing there. He would not allow the more tainted ones to spin their webs past their own domains. It was always far easier to stop a spider before it could builds its walls.

Uthram, lifted upon his own feathery, glistening white wings soared above where the peoples of this world could fathom, to Acros. At first glance, he was displeased with what he saw.

Aatuumi looks at Uthram, and says, Hello cousin, what brings you here today?

Raz_Fox
2010-01-17, 09:37 PM
Atop Mount Aeros - Oh Boy, Family Reunions

Kivran alighted gracefully on the mountain of the gods, stepping onto one of the winding paths that led up to the great halls. Her feet only lightly touched the path - she was still the goddess of the skies, was she not? The sun was brightly reflected by divine marble and flawless gold, and the sky was clear and beautiful.

The victory of the people that had praised her name, her student's quick mastery of her basic theories and knowledge of magic, the glory of the skies above, her own thoughts on how the mortals had used the threads of magic and how they had used that which they were familiar with to focus their mind on the working - Kivran was not paying as much attention to the threads of the celestial tapestry as she normally would. And thus it was that her meandering feet led her to the great plaza, where the gods who sought the halls of the mountain more often came.

The sight of five of her cousins made the smile slide off her face; the sight of Uthram among them turned it into a disgusted pout. Beneath the hood, she rolled her eyes heavenward. Of all the days to walk instead of flying directly to her hall, she had to have chosen the one when he was defiling the halls by his presence. And he had the nerve to claim the sun as his domain. Everyone knew that the sun was hers. The sky above Arcos and the sun's radiance became clouded in unconscious reaction to her mood. "Just ignore them," she muttered under her breath. "Maybe they'll leave me alone."

And so the goddess of magic attempted to move through the plaza without being talked to, almost radiating a palpable aura of disdain. Of course, her plan was probably doomed from the first few seconds, but she could hope anyway.

daelrog
2010-01-17, 10:24 PM
Uthram gave a wary eye to the great dragon's greeting. "I recognize those who earn their way to glory, not those who sit and watch, Autummi.

Uthram looked about him to see two of his least favorite comrades, if "comrades" could be said about them. Geket as always was running his filth-ridden mouth. His grip on his mace tightened. If only the Exalted Ones had taken him with them.

Then there was Kivran, her hate as poorly concealed as her arrival. Prompted by his wrath towards Geket, and arrogant of his aquisition of the great birds, he made himself heard. "Tell me Kivran, were you out playing with your laughable magic again? It appears as if you overextended yourself again. If you had but a little more vitality I would make you my consort."

deathpigeon
2010-01-17, 10:36 PM
Uthram gave a wary eye to the great dragon's greeting. "I recognize those who earn their way to glory, not those who sit and watch, Autummi.

Uthram looked about him to see two of his least favorite comrades, if "comrades" could be said about them. Geket as always was running his filth-ridden mouth. His grip on his mace tightened. If only the Exalted Ones had taken him with them.

Then there was Kivran, her hate as poorly concealed as her arrival. Prompted by his wrath towards Geket, and arrogant of his aquisition of the great birds, he made himself heard. "Tell me Kivran, were you out playing with your laughable magic again? It appears as if you overextended yourself again. If you had but a little more vitality I would make you my consort."

Aatuumi glares at Uthram, My name isn't pronounced that way, its pronounced Ah Ah Tu U Mi. And with that he left.

Raz_Fox
2010-01-17, 10:43 PM
Atop Mount Aeros - Oh Boy, Family Reunions

Kivran stops, mid-stride. Her cunning plan to avoid getting into contact with her cousins had failed, as had her attempts to avoid getting into a fight with them. Of course, she was too angry to think about what she had hoped to do.

"If you think that I'd be yours for even one moment, you're even more witless than I took you for, you boorish, asinine..." She stumbles over her words hopelessly, then starts over again. "Are you blind, or just so hopelessly in love with yourself that you can't see anything before you? I have not 'overextended' myself, and - while you might mock it, I know more about the workings of the world than you ever will."

Her pale cheeks are slightly flushed - as colored as they ever get - and she is almost hissing with rage. Perhaps Uthram hit a sore spot or two.

Cuaqchi
2010-01-18, 12:00 AM
Atop Mount Acros

Kordath was late to the family reunion, his duties on the ground already seperating him from his less noble brethren. When he did finally arrive, sweeping down from the skies atop his majestic mount it took him no time to determine what had caused such a debate.

As his steed gracefully landed by the side of his sister he leapt off, landing flawlessly without a single sound as his mailed boots touched the marble mosaic flooring. From there every gesture was both delicate and deliberate reaching out to kiss the hand of the goddess as he said, "Worry not for the affairs of others sister, for in time it will be what one does rather than what one wants that determines their status."

Looking to Uthram he continues, "And you brother, remember that all one gains may be lost. Our grandparents fell as did our parents and the aunts and uncles that form the very world we know rest atop. Without the support of those around you you shall wither and die, and whether it is but a relative death like the autumn trees or the unending winter of the icelands to the far south the prideful shall to the wayside and make room for those of action."

deathpigeon
2010-01-18, 12:31 AM
The World

The end is the beginning.

Seasons roll. People live, people die. Kingdoms rise, kingdoms fall. Nothing changes, everything changes. In the end, we are all pawns of fate. History always repeats. Always. Nothing ever changes.

The beginning is the end.

Far from the World

Aatuumi was searching, for law and chaos, for the Exalted Ones. He flew threw the emptiness, searching, searching, searching. But how could he ever find them? The emptiness is infinite. They could be anywhere. With this thought, he turns back, for now.

He will return though. Its their only hope. To end the cycle. But the end is just the beginning. We must hope that we survive when our end comes, and another's beginning comes.

The World, The South on a Small Island

A child is born. His scales are the color of autumn leaves. Her parents rejoice. It is a sign they say, and they tell all the other dragons. They named her their future leader, Autumn Leaves. She is to be raised to be their leader. She is to lead them to a new future.

Kingdoms rise, kingdoms fall. Nothing changes, everything changes. In the end, we are all pawns of fate. History always repeats. Always. Nothing ever changes.

daelrog
2010-01-18, 01:54 AM
Atop Mount Acros

"Ever the peacemaker, brother." Uthram shines his teeth much akin to that of a dog baring its fangs. He held no ill will towards Kordath. Truthfully, Kordath was one of the few he held a slight hit of respect towards, as much as Uthram was capable. Still, Kordath had interrupted him. A boorish asinine? Blind and in love with himself? The wench still had a biting tongue.

His eyes moved towards the other gods that had gathered. There was Alis, far more easy on his golden eyes than Kivran, yet lacking the same fire in the belly the witch had. She could keep the dark depths of the oceans for all he cared. What greatness could possibly come from there? Then there was Valcairne. Whereas he hated Geket for being so different, Valcairne reminded Uthram too much of himself, though he would never admt it. Arrogance, ambition, the very things that Uthram kept close to heart. If Valcairne truly held sway over time, he would know that his place under the sun could end any time.

deathpigeon
2010-01-18, 02:11 AM
As Aatuumi returned, he felt something brewing, strong emotion, coming from deiopolis. Now this I don't want to miss. He morphs into a raven and over the arguing gods.

Autumn Leaves

Autumn Leaves grew up. When she reached the tender age of 20, a great dragon prophet came to her and her parents. "When Autumn Leaves grows up, she will be faced with a choice. Does she lead the dragons to victory and conquest, or does she save the world from certain destruction, possibly at the cost of her life." And so her parents protested, and the great sage responded, "To bad neither you, nor me, will live to see it." And with that he died, and her parents were afraid.

Kasanip
2010-01-18, 07:09 AM
==========
Some Time Before
Beneath the waves, the songs of beasts both great and small rang out with melodic tones - a graceful and rolling symphony of life amidst the waves. Into the music of the deep, Alis submerged herself.
Yes... here was beauty and perfection. Free from the tenuous demands of gravity, there was no single focus. Nothing binding. The music echoed all about- above, below, everywhere. It was hers and only. The pearl-inlaid coral throne on which the Goddess of Water sat seemed to glitter and sparkle with the light above and about.
Here, seated peacefully, surrounded by the whale-songs, Alis could perceive the happenings of the waters both near and far.
the living wonders of the sea - things of grace and beauty unbound by the harsh life of mud and baked earth- this was her kingdom. A secret utopia, of vast proportions, and yet all but invisible and unknown to the mortals who lived upon the surface of the earth.

Alis tapped her chin. It was missing something. Something that gave it meaning. Ah... Beauty and grace were virtues in and of themselves to be certain, but truly what marvels of beauty worth seeing should be so! Hidden away from eyes above, only the blue green waters reflecting the light alone would hint at the domain below. Sure the babbling brook and clear stream may strike their imaginations, the creative creatures they were, but it was just a taste.

Her father had been mistaken, and rightly so she had prevailed. Alis had done great work, turning a kingdom of monsters and murky darkness into a vibrant and colourful realm of beauty. The clams gave their pearls in worship of her grace, and with a gentle hand she had shaped the coral, bidding it to grow and recount the tales of days old.
The great beasts she had tamed and nurtured until now they sang beautiful songs both far and wide.
Alis crossed her leg as she sat, listening and musing to the songs. A pity those on land couldn't experience it. Perhaps she could lure some of them to her... Yes. They already had experienced but a taste, and then she would draw them in. They would come to see the beauty. And then they would praise her.

Alis came to the surface and walked along the shores, watching idly the white birds that flew and dove against the wind. The sky realm, though it belonged to her sister, was one whose border clearly met her own, and so Alis had always strove to be amicable to her more...reclusive sister. These white birds she named 'Gulls' and to them taught but the first two stanzas of the great songs of the deep. An echoing cry and melody that would inspire in mortals the yearning for the sea.
Quite pleased with this, she had stepped off to Mount Acros with a rainbow trailing in her wake.
=================
Mount Acros

Alis had blinked in surprise at Gerek's kiss, but she allowed the motion with her smile and grace. The silver-tongued brother of hers! She smiled and nodded as her other brethren had entered, and proceeded to argue and complain.
Uthram was being his arrogant self, though Alis couldn't fault him for that too much. Well, she probably had her own flaws. Still, it made for a grating family affair, and there was still visible tension between him and Kivran. The harsh words he had thrown at the Goddess of the Sky had made Alis cringe a little on the inside, but the ripple stilled and she stepped out from where she had been listening, flicking a hand through her hair and the pearls that decorated the hair clips above her ears.
"This meeting certainly is starting off more bumpy than one could hope. It's pleasant to see you all, though I ask that we leave the current discussion aside for now."
She said with a vibrant smile to all who had come.
"Indeed this may be as good a chance as any - perhaps the first since our last meeting together with the fall of the 'exalted' parents."

tynger1234
2010-01-18, 07:50 AM
Atop Acros
Valcairne silently watched as his brothers and sisters came by for a reunion. Kordath was one of the few he found tolerable, sure he took the duty of becoming a peace maker and champion of good; but sooner or later it will bring him enemies of great power.

Uthram he despised for his complete boastfullness and arogance. It is one thing to be proud of your accomplishments but since his only one besides making a butt print in his chair was helping to defeat the Exalted ones, he did not have much to be proud of.

Kivran, after the waves of discontent she was alright. She did seem that she cared for her followers as Valcairne did. Alis on the other hand did have great compassion for most things, and besides Kordath has been the only other sibling to show any sign of manners.

"I agree, this discussion should be put on hold for a little while. We don't want anything to get out of hand." Valcairne then left the Reunion.

deathpigeon
2010-01-18, 12:36 PM
Atop Acros

The raven caws loudly.

Autumn Leaves

The parents of Autumn Leaves were afraid, so they taught the her to fear death more than anything else. However, before they finished, human heroes entered their lair and slew them. The dragons reacted in retaliation, and, led by Autumn Leaves, started a war against the human nations.

Raz_Fox
2010-01-19, 10:14 PM
In Lands of Snow and Wood - Exodus of the Yazje

Summer had come to the lands of the north, and even though it was still colder and dryer than the coastal regions, it almost felt like home. There was food here, though it did not come easy - herds of deer wandering the high forests, swift fish in the narrow, rocky rivers, bushes with a handful of ripe berries or herbs growing beneath the trees. The Yazje could build a new life here, if the savage Ryo did not pursue them further.

Sheyru Yakoro, newest chief of the Yazje, knew little about this land. There were tales of hideous beasts, part animal and part man; of dragons and walking stones and nine-tailed imps, of cannibal warriors and white monkey-bears and more than any storyteller could ever remember. But they had no choice but to come north, to seek a place where they could settle again. Looking out this morning, down into the dark forests and the jagged mountain peaks beyond, he sighed. It would take courage, and fortitude, if they were to find a new home.

"Sheyru!" Kykore Yakase's footfall in the supple grass was too soft for Sheyru to have heard his approach. Sheyru shook his head in disappointment - he would have to do better - before turning to greet his old friend.

"Kykore! It makes my soul glad to see you returned! What did you find along the small river that made you away for so long? The other scouts returned over a day ago!" Sheyru's jovial manner faded as he looked closer at Kykore. There was a seriousness in his face now, one that did not fit Kykore's usual smiling attitude.

"I have already told old Tayhasu and Muraehi about what I have seen, and now you must hear." Kykore sat down, imitating Tayhasu's stance when the lore came to his mind; Sheyru sat down next to him.

"I traveled up the river for four days, always upwards and deeper into the forest. As I traveled, I found several places for us to rest and fill our hide bags with food, but never one that would keep us for long. As the sun set on the fourth day, I heard the sound of bloodshed and battle. I tried to turn back, but the warriors were moving towards the river from before me and behind me - so I hid in the branches of a cherry tree, to see what battle was fought.
And, as I watched, I saw tiny men come to the river's shore. Their hair was long from both head and chin, and they carried stones bound to sticks - stained with blood. They were wearied and bloodied from battle, and sought a way to flee from their enemies. And several tried to cross the river, but their pursuers came out of the forest pursuing them, and fought them between the river and the forest.
Their pursuers were like us, but their faces were like beasts, and they moved with the speed and might of a starving wolf. Their weapons were of wood, thick clubs and light fishing-spears that they threw. They were better warriors than the tiny folk, and a few fought the tiny host at once. Even so, if not for the power of their god, they might not have won this second battle against their foes.
One of the beast-folk held up his spear and gave a mighty roar - he had been fighting against no foe, and I had not watched him before his roar - and the tiny folk in the river screamed and fell beneath the waters, and though the water was shallow they could not rise. A second roar, and a great motion of his arm, and the river rose up against the tiny folk, tentacles of water like a squid's wrapping themselves around the tiny folk and dragging them into the river's embrace.
The god-speaker leaned on his spear as if suddenly wearied, and the beast-warriors gave a mighty cry of victory. I tried to move back into the branches, to ensure that I would not be seen by the savage warriors, and a twig beneath my foot was broken by my movement. I realized that the beast-folk must hear as well as we Yazje do when two of the warriors heard it and swiftly leaped up into the branches. I did not resist them, for I feared them and the way that they had defeated the tiny folk.
For a moment, I feared that they would devour me alive! But the god-speaker's voice rang out, and the warriors released me before him. He knelt before me, and we both saw that our faces were the same - long, lean like a horse, ears as quick as leaves and eyes bright as stars. Their bestial visage was merely marked upon them, and beneath we were kin - unlike the Ryo, or the tiny folk.
He could not speak our tongue, and his own was strange to me, but he spoke to me again in the language of the storytellers! Thank the kami that Tayhasu had taught me the storytelling language, for we were able to speak together. He told me he was Aicoru of the Deer, and that he spoke for the People of the Aiune. I told him only truth - that I was from the Yazje, and that we were fleeing from the Ryo, who sought to destroy us utterly.
Aicoru of the Deer ordered that I be brought before the chieftain of the People of the Aiune - Kykai of the Bears. And so they led me to the battlefield, where the tiny folk and the Aiune had fought and shed their blood, and there were the mightiest warriors I had ever seen! One was as thick as a tree, and he was Kykai of the Bears, and beside him was the master of Aicoru of the Deer, Aisha of the Snakes, whose skin had the seeming of a snake's scales. They spoke together in their own tongue, and Aisha of the Snakes asked their god for wisdom.
Finally, they bid me to return to you and bring you the words of the Aiune, and with me came one of their mightiest warriors, who bears the visage of a white wolf on his face. With his guidance, I returned here in only three days."

Here, Kykore stopped and looked up at the sky. After a moment, unable to bear any more waiting, Sheyru snapped, "Well? What were the words that these beast-folk wished you to carry back to us?"

"The Aiune welcome us to the north, and are willing to take us in as a father takes in a son. We were wandering lost, but they say they can show us the most plentiful places."

"That's strange indeed - what chief would allow us to come in among his people? Why not chase us off, or slay us and take what little we had?"

Kykore smiled then, a wry and knowing smile. "Because we are of one blood, and because we both know the storyteller's tongue, and - if I am correct - their god spoke to Aisha of the Snakes with a command for the chief. They are not numerous, but our children and women are many - I believe they wish to have us join with them, as a wife joins with her husband."

Sheyrou rose, rubbing at his neck in thought. "Very well. Go and rouse up the tribe, for I believe we will accept their most generous gift of guidance. We will not join with them, but their aid is most gracious." But even as he spoke, Sheyrou felt uncertain that they would indeed remain separate from the beast-elves of the north.

Cuaqchi
2010-01-20, 10:48 AM
The Valley of the Lions

It had already been two weeks since this hunt had started and the hunters had yet to even find traces of the great beast's presence. They had been blessed to find other beasts and as a result had eaten well, but they were not looking for food and the delay was beginning to wear on the hunters.

Bank, now called Bah'Nik had earned his rank as a man having slain a boar on the third day to provide meat for the group, he was now praying to the gods hoping that Kor'/Ha would finally bless his people with the promised beast so that the hunters could return to their homes and the security of their cave. Little did he know that that prayer would be answered before the sun reached its peak in the sky.

As Bah'Nik completed his prayers he joined the other hunters for the breakfast of tree nuts that had been gathered the day before, and all the men took their time eating and waiting for a sign that the shaman's words would be answered. They had barely started however when a deep roar echoed across the grass around them, forcing the women that had followed to hide in the small grass hut as the hunters took up their weapons.

The beast that appeared though obviously a lion was greater than any creature the hunters had seen, it was a long as three grown males lying on their backs and it was as tall as two men at its shoulders. Bombarded by the latent energy within the divine beast only those close to Moo'Uk did not cower beneath creature's presence, bolstered by a force beyond their control.

It was fortunate that Da'Nik was one of those close by, for the man acted with little hesitation as the beast approached taking his mark and releasing the bolo to strike as the monstrous lion leapt into the air entangling the beast within the tough sinew and reed bindings. Moo'Uk then charged forward, his spear ready as it plunged into the flank of the divine lion spraying the hunter with the beast's volitile, searing blood.

Roaring again as the spear drove into its side the lion flexed, tearing the bolo from around its legs as if they were made of dry and brittle grass rather then the flesh of the agile impala and once free it snapped at Moo'Uk with its massive jaws, missing the man by a hair's breadth as Kor'/Ha's blessing seemed to shroud him in a field of energy.

Gru'Dok like Da'Nik had been standing next to Moo'Uk when the beast approached. As the mighty lion tore free of the bonds it was obvious that only spear or club would be of any value and so he charged smashing his great club into the beast's head with a dreadful crunching sound before the lion turned its attention to the headsman.

Kei'Ook however was terrified, neither the chief nor the shaman had said anything about the size of this beast or the power of its roar. He was helpless to hurt it and all he could think about was his own safety, forgetting for the briefest of moments that he was a hunter and that no matter the size of the beast he was to show courage and stand fast.

Cave of the Lion Clan

Gru'Mo'Tak was thrown from his trance, unaware of what great power had done so. He had been reaching out to his apprentice, unsure of the path that they were on and hoping to lead them to their prey but even nthat seemed to be blocked for the last few days.

When he opened his eyes the shaman understood however, because before him was again the great Kor'/Ha standing in his hides of glowing stone and wielding a club of the same material. "The hunters have reached their prey shaman, and though they shall succeed one of them shall not return to this cave his soul forever resting with the spirits a hero of his people."

Gru'Mo'Tak stood silent, this was rare, his god had personally shown himself more in the last weeks than the shaman had seen in his entire life and now he spoke of death like it didn't matter. "Great Kor'/Ha who shall not return? I must tell the tribe so that the mourning may be done properly, and that we may know which wife shall forever more stay barren to all but her spirit husband's presence."

"Only my brother could tell you which man is to die shaman for only he can truly read all the threads of fate that bind us all. Just know that the man to die shall not be forgotton and that as a hero his name shall outlive his body for many generations after even you have passed to the spirit realms."

tynger1234
2010-01-20, 06:07 PM
The Wayward Home

Koul'mack had insighted his people to follow Valcairne. He retold them of his vision, and the night of the Alpha's ascension. The goblins were completely under his lead. The weaver of the tribe fashoined a make-shift armor for all the Alphas out of the very beast they fell to protect the tribe. Koul'mack was given the most elaborate of the armor, with the tabard of their new lord dyed onto the scales of the cape Koul'mack wore.

The tribe now able to travel through the day time with safety, made travel to the haven that Valcairne had told them of. Koul'mack had described every inch of the land he received in the vision, using it as his guiding star to his wayward home. Valcairne was pleased with this.

When night fell, and Koul'mack eventually found sleep he had another vision.
"Koul'mack, I have some news for you."
"What is it my lord, is something wrong."
"Indeed Koul'mack. When you reach your new home, five full month will pass. On the morning after the fifth cycle, at high noon, you will meet your end." Koul'mack becomes stunned at these words, almost unable to draw breath.
"My lord...how does it happen?
"I am unable to tell all specific events through time's eye, but I do know you and all your warriors fought their hardest. You die defending your people's safety. I will ask the mother of the seas for help before this happens."
"Thank you my lord for this information."
"Before day break comes... I have these final words for you... "

Valcairne bestowed upon his hero the seven commandments of the knighthood. He told Koul'mack to bestow them upon all the goblin people while he still had time. That night, the knighthood of the Alphas was born

Atop Acros

Valcairne, after his meeting with his most devout follower headed back home. He went to request a favour of Alis.
Sister, there is something that has been bugging for a little while."

Kasanip
2010-01-21, 05:37 AM
Atop Acros- Valcairne and Alis

Alis turned to face her brother with a charming smile and the slightest of bows of her head.
"Certainly brother...what is it that I can do for you?" she asked graciously, folding her hands in front of her as her dress, vibrant blue green rippled about.

tynger1234
2010-01-21, 07:29 AM
Valcairne saw Alis' concern for the situation.
The tribe of goblin's i've been leading will eventually run into something they will not be able to handle alone. I wish that when they make it to the lake at the centre of the desert, they will be given the safest of passage through the lake in retreat. I am also hoping they will be given a large enough ship to hold the entire tribe and a few others that will come before this event happens."

deathpigeon
2010-01-21, 06:42 PM
Atop Acros

The raven caws and leaves.

Autumn Leaves

Autumn Leaves and her dragon army destroyed the human army. She returned home a hero. That night, in Autumn Leaves sleep, a dream came to her. In the dream, she saw a grove of trees at autumn.

Cuaqchi
2010-01-22, 09:05 AM
Valley of the Lions

Recoiling from the gush of blood Moo'Uk took a step backwards and grabbed his club knowing that he like Gru'Dok would only have his own strength to rely on. Then driving into the lion he bellowed the name of his god and taking forth the burst of the strength it granted him to smash the beast's hind leg.

Enraged at the small creatures that dared strike it the beast lashed out, snapping its powerful jaws around Gru'Dok waist while its claws swept out to cut Moo'Uk and to tear the last vestiges of tough green skin from the headsman's chest. As Gru'Dok slowly faded to as pale as the dry summer grass he was only able to make one critical strike, driving his small flint knife in the lion's eye and like Moo'Uk recieving a burst of searing blood for his efforts.

Kei'Ook having kept his distance slowly regained his composure, watching in awe as his clansmen suffered beneath the mighty beast's attacks. So he did all that he could from his position, and drawing his atl'atl he released two javelins in rapid succession driving them into the flank of the holy beast and causing another eruption of blood which did little but scorch the grass on Kei'Ook's side of the beast.

Watching his leader fall within the beast's jaws Moo'Uk drove forward again, swinging upward with his club and hoping to cripple the beast before its great jaws could turn in his direction. By the grace of Kor'/Ha his club did strike true, slamming into the neck of the creature with such force that not only did the massive mane of hair not slow the strike but the lion's entire head rocked back its eyes going white as it collapsed to the ground.

Before Moo'Uk could respond to the beast's death Bah'Nik was at his side pulling their headsman from the animal's jaws. All those present stood to watch as the shaman's apprentice began chanting, trying to call forth the powers of his god and even when Moo'Uk finally moved to add his own blessed touch to the man's powers they did little but stem the bleeding so that their leader could die without pain.

deathpigeon
2010-01-23, 01:14 PM
Autumn Leaves

The leaves coalesced into a dragon. The dragon speaks to Autumn Leaves in the rustle of its leaves, and the autumn wind, but Autumn Leaves understands and responds. Three hours later Autumn Leaves awakes, and calls for a meeting of the dragons.

Atop Acros

Aatuumi returns to Acros, What did I miss?