PDA

View Full Version : Making the Homunculi of Full Metal Alchemist [spoilers for manga]

Sir_Chivalry
2010-01-15, 12:41 AM
I am trying to build the seven homunculi of the Full Metal Alchemist manga as homebrew monsters, just for the laughs.

To quickly summarize, I'm looking to make monsters that can basically represent these seven characters:

Lust: ability to spear people with her nails, regeneration, vulnerability to fire (just to represent her death, which is modelled on the punishment in Purgatory fo the Lustful.)

Gluttony: ability to eat things (bite attack?), and swallow things (swallow whole), and swallow things in a line (disintegration?). regeneration.

Greed: Unbreakable skin. Regeneration in first form, may not have it in second.

Sloth: Strong and tough. Lazy. Regeneration coupled with an ability to memorize damage sources and gain immunity to them. Probably epic.

Wrath: Precognition (Foresight spell?), dual-wielding swords, ability similar to rage or frenzy to heighten combat skills (or perhaps iajutsu focus). May not have regeneration.

Envy: Shape-shifter, but seems to retain similar stats in all forms (I don't know). Regeneration.

Pride: Weak physically, but mental powerhouse, especially charisma. Powers tied to shadow, powerless in bright light or complete darkness. Area around it is laced with shadows that allow it to control, attack and hinder. Regeneration and seemingly extremely resilient (Heinkel, a lion chimera, mauls it repeatedly and Pride shows no signs of damage.)

Writing this, I realized that their CRs would be high, extremely high.

Frog Dragon
2010-01-15, 07:54 AM
The one thing about the Homunculi is that it does not actually correspond to D&D regen all that well.
I say they should have a (large) reserve of points they can use to activate some pretty insane regen, representing the philosopher's stone. For example; Lust basically full-healed from the ashes in a few seconds when fighting Mustang. Even after that they should have potent defenses. They have clearly shown capabilities in damage soak way over the human norm even without the healing factor.
oh and Pride should be a shadowcaster with added SLA:s. Totally.

Sir_Chivalry
2010-01-15, 10:44 AM
The one thing about the Homunculi is that it does not actually correspond to D&D regen all that well.
I say they should have a (large) reserve of points they can use to activate some pretty insane regen, representing the philosopher's stone. For example; Lust basically full-healed from the ashes in a few seconds when fighting Mustang. Even after that they should have potent defenses. They have clearly shown capabilities in damage soak way over the human norm even without the healing factor.
oh and Pride should be a shadowcaster with added SLA:s. Totally.

Perhaps a Damage Reduction? I'll admit it seems hard to kill them.

The-Mage-King
2010-01-15, 10:51 AM
Because they regenerate...

Sir_Chivalry
2010-01-15, 10:54 AM
Because they regenerate...

Yes, I know they regenerate.

But also, they are just more resilient, take for instance Wrath and the new Greed, both of who do not have regeneration being human homunculi. They still are able to take much punishment without showing signs of injury.

And yes, I'm aware the Greed has his shield, I mean even when his shield isn't up, like the fight against Pride and Gluttony.

Bob_the_Mighty
2010-01-15, 12:40 PM
I'll admit that most (ok, all...) of my knowledge of FMA is based off of the anime, but I'd say that Pride isn't really all that weak physically. I remember him having extremely fast reflexes, and he's able to manipulate air currents with his sword. At least, that what it looks like in the first episode of FMA: Brotherhood. Oh, and he has his all-seeing eye.

Frog Dragon
2010-01-15, 12:52 PM
the Pride of the anime is basically the same as the Wrath of the manga.