PDA

View Full Version : Aquatic or Nautical Monsters? (4E)

toasty
2010-01-17, 04:35 AM
So I think its quite possible I might end up GMing a DnD 4E game that might have a decent bit of sailing involved. What options are there as far as Nautical Monsters go? I have the MnM 1 and can probably gain access to other books.

Theodoric
2010-01-17, 06:01 AM
Well, what level will the characters be? Depending on the level, you can have bullywug, koa-tau, sahuagin, black dragon, aboleth or Storm Giant attack on the PC's.

BobTheDog
2010-01-17, 09:18 AM
Not to mention dragons, oozes (give 'em a swim speed) and pretty much anything that flies (overland, if possible), swims, or sails (includes pretty much all the regular races). If you go for flying stuff, you might give the PCs something to guard/protect/deliver and have it be stolen by the monsters. Treasure Island, ho! :smallbiggrin:

toasty
2010-01-17, 09:51 AM
Well, since none of them are really familiar with DnD rules we're starting at level 1. And yes, I had thought of flying creatures and I have a feeling I'll ahead and have them attacked by evil pirates :smallcool:

Depending on how things go we might speed the leveling up a bit (double or 1.50 xp rates) but I'll just go ahead and see how the game goes for now. Hopefully, we'll be able to start next week.

bosssmiley
2010-01-17, 11:26 AM
Take a monster, any monster. Add a swim speed, webbed feet and gills. Job done. :smallwink:

(hey, if it's good enough for the ancient Greeks...)