PDA

View Full Version : [4e] Cost for hiring henchmen?

Ichneumon
2010-01-19, 07:10 AM
Hi,

In 3.5 there were these tables that would indicate how much PCs had to pay an NPC henchmen (for example a cleric or wizard) to cast a spell or use a scroll or whatever the service is they desire. Are there such tables in 4e or any other source of information about hiring NPCs? A page number would do as I have the books with me.

Thanks!

Kurald Galain
2010-01-19, 07:13 AM
DMG2 has support characters, that may help.

Ichneumon
2010-01-19, 07:39 AM
Not much, I don't have the second DMG I'm afraid.

Are there any costs in for hiring somebody to cast a spell? I'm figuring it should cost more to let somebody else cast a ritual than it is to cast it yourself, else there is no reason to delve into ritual casting yourself, right?

Theodoric
2010-01-19, 07:47 AM
Not much, I don't have the second DMG I'm afraid.

Are there any costs in for hiring somebody to cast a spell? I'm figuring it should cost more to let somebody else cast a ritual than it is to cast it yourself, else there is no reason to delve into ritual casting yourself, right?
I'd figure it'd also require some kind of skill check or challenge purely to find the person to perform that ritual, at least for the higher level spells.

Kurald Galain
2010-01-19, 07:53 AM
Are there any costs in for hiring somebody to cast a spell?

Presumably the same as for buying a scroll of the ritual. Note that everybody can use ritual scrolls, without requiring a feat or anything.

Ichneumon
2010-01-19, 07:57 AM
Presumably the same as for buying a scroll of the ritual. Note that everybody can use ritual scrolls, without requiring a feat or anything.

Really? I did not know that.