PDA

View Full Version : Ok, everyone's heard this one before, right?

Poi Sorg
2010-01-19, 04:30 PM
Hi! I had an idea, not sure exactly if this is homebrewing or not, but I thought of making some gazebos for my friends to fight. Yes. GAZEBOS.:tongue:

So far Ive thought up some rules for them (using D&D 4e, I don't know 3.5 rules), and some lore. Any help would be appreciated!

Lore
Gazebos are gigantic, wood-like monsters, first created by Corellon from the trees of the Feywild.
They resemble the ordinary wooden pavilions for which they are named, but have certain differences in form.
Though most commonly found in the Feywild or places with strong ties to it, the less malevolent ones can be found slumbering in grassy meadows, and the more malevolent ones in caves with access to sunlight. The feral gazebos are distant relatives of their larger cousins, the more intelligent Greater Gazebos.
Tactics
Feral Gazebos: Groups of 5, charge at prey, use glare
to immobilize, beat to death. Flee if 3 of them are bloodied or 1 of them is at 1/4 hp, bloodied ones preventing escape with glare again.

Rules (4E)(I have only done rules for Feral Gazebo so far.)
Feral Gazebo Level 2 Brute
Medium fey magical beast XP 125
Initiative +3 Senses perception +5, all-around vision
HP 42, Bloodied 21
AC 17, Fortitude 16, Reflex 11, Will 14
Immune poison; Vulnerable 10 (any axe), 10 fire
Speed 5
Slam (standard, at-will, basic attack)
+6 vs. AC, 1d10+2 damage.
Wild Glare (standard, recharges when first bloodied,
encounter)•Gaze
Ranged 10; blinded creatures are immune; +8 vs. Will,
3 damage, and the target is immobilized (save ends).
Alignment Unaligned Languages Empathy 5
Skills Endurance +7, Intimidate +4
Str 13 (+3) Dex 9 (+0) Wis 11 (+2)
Con 17 (+4) Int 3 (-1) Cha 12 (+3)

Leeham
2010-01-19, 04:38 PM
Dude. This is crazy and i love you for it. I've only dabbled in 4e really, but this looks ok. I particularly like the vulnerability to axes, which isn't something I'd thought of before, but I really think that it's awesome. :smallcool:

Pockets
2010-01-19, 05:54 PM
:smalltongue:I'm going to steal this from you, great idea. Probably when they think they are safe in the middle of a town park...

Poi Sorg
2010-01-19, 07:19 PM
Heh. Noone's gonna care about it, I'll bet like a billion people have thought this up before. 'Course, if anyone sez it was THEIR idea first, they'll have to answer to ME.:annoyed:'Course, there's no 'slashing' or 'piercing' damage in 4e, but...:smallwink:

Hey, I never figured out how the forum titles work. That thing from a long time ago sez Pixie, then Dwarf, then Barbarian, then Ogre, but then wat's Halfling, Troll, Bugbear or Titan?

onthetown
2010-01-19, 09:05 PM
I love this.

Somehow, it strikes me as though the phrase "bloodied" would be changed to "splintered" specifically for this. :smalltongue:

Sintanan
2010-01-19, 09:07 PM
I used a dreaded gazebo as an enemy once when the humorous adventure pitted the party working with a paladin, druid, wizard, and bard to explore an ancient mansion.

I just sized up a mimic... :smallamused:

"There's a trap door in the middle of the gazebo and bloody corpses hang from ropes from the rafters above you. Blood drips from the bodies and flows down under the cracks of the trap door."
"Neat! I open the trap door."
"The opening is lined with a collection of bloody spikes that resemble bone spurs and fangs. You cannot see how far the shaft goes."
"I climb down."

Safe to say one party member willingly got swallowed whole, then the fight started. :smallwink:

Edit: We play 3.5.

Zexion
2010-01-19, 09:44 PM
For ranks: go to the rules, because it's AGAINST THE RULES to discuss point/rank rations.

Poi Sorg
2010-01-20, 04:03 PM
For ranks: go to the rules, because it's AGAINST THE RULES to discuss point/rank rations.

Oh, is it? I didn't know. Guess I'll find out myself, then.

Riyoukaze:Heh. Heh heh.:smalltongue:

Sintanan: Funny story. Is the person you were playing with a psychomaniac?

Or is he just stupid?

Hey, does anyone have any ideas what the other kinds of gazebos should be?
I was thinking Gazebo Young (lv 4, medium), then Adult Gazebo (large),
Elder and Ancient Gazebo (huge), Fell Gazebo (huge), and maybe Dread Gazebo (Gargantuan).

Edit: How do you do multiple quotes in one post?

Zexion
2010-01-21, 07:10 PM
It is against the rules to pin down the precise number of posts neccesary, although it isn't too difficult to figure out.

Jane_Smith
2010-01-21, 07:31 PM
Ignore Zexion. >.> Sorry, id answer you, but i just dont know.