PDA

View Full Version : Outside XII: We number things correctly.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Reinholdt
2010-01-19, 09:24 PM
This place is just as it sounds. It's outside.
Want a change of scenery? Go outside.
Always wanted to visit the beach? Come outside.
Looking to have a climatic fight on clifftops? Attempt outside.
Secret meetings being held where there's no cameras? Try outside.
Want an ambush without nasty base defenses? Yep. Outside.

Any and all are welcome here. There are no NPCs unless you bring them in. The major exception is the creepy eyed squirrel. The creepy eyed squirrel does not interfere with anyone. The creepy eyed squirrel is everywhere outside. The creepy eyed squirrel is always watching. The creepy eyed squirrel never sleeps. The creepy eyed squirrel can not be damaged, manipulated, or killed by anyone. The creepy eyed squirrel will eat anyone's very being who attempts to do so. Anyone can god-mode the creepy eyed squirrel. You may pet the creepy eyed squirrel at your own risk.

Other NPCs currently include:
The menacing crabs. These intimidating creatures are usually found by the shore.
The non-existant duck. You'll miss every time you shoot at it.

There is very little you can't do outside. However, like always, please follow the forum rules and general rules of conduct. Private conversations can be held outside. If it seems like a private (secret) conversation, please respect that. Those having such a conversation should do their best to indicate it as such. Otherwise, other characters may stumble upon you. Those desiring to spy in on private conversations should first PM those holding the private conversation, more out of courtesy than anything else.

There are many areas outside, and people can be in multiple places outside. In order to keep areas outside separated so there's no confusion, consider bolding your outside location at the start of each of your posts, like so:

The Fields

Reinholdt sets up various targets and practices his sharpshooting. All these events recently has made him a bit rusty. To his left, he notes the creepy eyed squirrel. Giving him the heebie-jeebies, Reinholdt decides to head somewhere else.

The Cliffside

Calublufiok broods over his latest scheme as he flies over the cliffs. The creepy eyed squirrel is watching him again. He finds occasionally landing and telling the creepy eyed squirrel his plans helps him find holes in his plotting.

Note Reinholdt and Calublufiok do not interact because they are in different areas outside. They could interact, if Reinholdt moves to the cliffside. Of course, various things like telepathy help bypass this. Also, please note outside has no major buildings, though minor ones crop up from time to time.

And most importantly, enjoy outside. That's what this is all about. :smallsmile:

Outside now contains various Outside locations! Such as...
[Dead Pine Lake]
This lake lies in the middle of the forest. On the eastern shore, woodpeckers feast on the dead pines that give the lake its name. Sometimes one can find Lady Death here, the Aspect of Eve also known as The Grandmother, or Jedwiga.

(Please PM happyturtle if you wish to interact with Jedwiga.)

http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq40/happyturtle-avs/p243360-Delray_Beach_FL-Wetlands_sc.jpg

[The Islands]

An island cluster forms an archipelago along the coast. Some of the islands are settled, some not, but most are at least occasionally visited by the fishermen who work these waters.

[Gersemi's Island]

Gersemi the seighkona lives on a small island in the archipelago with a single hut and a few sheep. Inside the hut, there is a single room, and a fireplace. A loom rests in one corner.

(Please PM happyturtle if you wish to interact with Gersemi.)

[Redbrick Falls]

A mountainous, cliffy region with a prominent waterfall. A large quarry once was worked in these cliffs. Now, only a few scattered villages and solitary dwellings remain.

[Castle Silhouette]
Genesis' base of operations.

[Club Banana]
Here be primates of all sorts and much silliness? An aircraft hanger turned into a club used exclusively by intelligent apes.

PM Reinholdt if you wish to add locations to Outside.

Special: Reinholdt will update the Outside threads and post new ones when it is time. Please don't post a new thread without his permission or he is away for an extended period of time.
Thank you.

Lord Magtok
2010-01-19, 09:27 PM
Valcano Minor

Magtok thinks that question over for a moment or two, and shrugs.

Dunno. Not a damned clue, really.

Magtok refuses the hand out of some skewed sense of pride, scrambling up on his own.

Reinholdt
2010-01-19, 09:32 PM
[Gersemi's Isle]

I think so. Do you think..... I mean.... No, nevermind. She takes another drink of water.
"Hmm? You sure? You can ask me what you want."

{Traveling down the mountain}

It means I still want fish. Cooked fish, with TarTar sauce.

She turns back to Vincent. I enjoy, um, working with you Vincent. You make the world new and exciting. But there are some things that I need from the reality everyone else knows.
"... What?" :smallconfused:
"What exactly are you implying?"

Lex-Kat
2010-01-19, 09:50 PM
[Gersemi's Isle Tours and Trips]

"Wow. That's cheap!" Quinn smiles and retrieves her purse, handing over the required number of credits. "When do we leave?"
"Anytime you like, lady." The man heads for the boat and begins untying the ropes.

{Gersemi's Isle}

Could you, stay here? I.... need someone to give me something to..... Melody looks away. Nevermind.

{Mountain Path}

Don't you notice that some people, including myself, need everything explained to them? But then, maybe it's just because you're the main protaganist. Caroline smiles a genuine smile.

Recaiden
2010-01-19, 09:53 PM
[Not technically outside in Etra]

Sorry, you do. But not for a good while yet. Ashna says, grinning.

The Bushranger
2010-01-19, 10:01 PM

"Anytime you like, lady." The man heads for the boat and begins untying the ropes.

And Quinn heads for the boat and climbs in!
Realising she really should get a new sword at some point.

------

[Etra...way way way outside, you mean?]

"Dang. Ah well. Every moment counts."
And Brendan decides to launch a tickle attack!

Recaiden
2010-01-19, 10:03 PM
[Well, the Etran building is outside.]

Well, they do need o- Ashna starts laughing and trying to tickle Brendan.

Reinholdt
2010-01-19, 10:06 PM
{Gersemi's Isle}

Reinholdt isn't sure what she was going to say!
"Yeah. I'll stay. I'll go pick up some things from the Citadel and..." He pauses. "... and make sure everything is in order." Yeah.

"Then I'll stay as long as you'll have me, alright?"

{Mountain Path}

"Well... yeah. But some people don't need any explanation at all. It just tells me who has studied and read the tropes and the instruction booklet is all."

Lex-Kat
2010-01-19, 10:15 PM
{Gersemi's Isle Tours and Trips}

The man gets in behind her, and shoves off the dock.

He starts up the motor with a few hard tugs, and soon they are heading toward the island.

"I just love the lake air, don't you?"

{Gersemi's Isle}

Okay.

{Mountain Path}

Caroline giggles. Of course. What was I thinking. Let's go home, okay?

She's happy that the discussion didn't turn ugly.

Reinholdt
2010-01-19, 10:19 PM
{Gersemi's Isle}

"I'll be back in two, maybe three hours at most." Reinholdt turns pink and heads to leave.

Oh. Right. The steak!

"This is for the sisters from a friend in Carnucka." He gets the food and sets it down someplace appropriate.

Reinholdt turns pink and heads to leave.

{Mountain Path}

"Alright." Vincent gives Caroline a funny look, but follows and heads back to NO.

The Bushranger
2010-01-19, 11:02 PM
((*thanks kitteh for the poke*
*actually remembers to subscribe to the thread this time*))

The man gets in behind her, and shoves off the dock.

He starts up the motor with a few hard tugs, and soon they are heading toward the island.

"I just love the lake air, don't you?"

"It is pretty nice," Quinn agrees, looking just a little woozy, perhaps, but shaking it off and walking torwards the bow of the boat. "I prefer land, though, to be honest."

-----

[Etra]

Well, they do need o- Ashna starts laughing and trying to tickle Brendan.

Brendan starts laughing as well. As the tickle war commences!

McBish
2010-01-19, 11:03 PM
[The Lab]

And both Susan's dream and reality merge into one with Susan and Daisuke crossing swords. Val isn't looking too hot right now either, with the dagger in her, and clutching her head as the machine inside her is having a problem working right at the moment.

Recaiden
2010-01-19, 11:45 PM
[Etra]

It continues. Brendan's probably winning. If it can be said to be won.

The Bushranger
2010-01-19, 11:55 PM
[Etra]

Finally he quits, laughing happily. "That...was fun." And goes to sneak a kiss before finally going to sit up!

Recaiden
2010-01-19, 11:58 PM
[Etra]

Yes it was. She tries to drag the kiss out for a long while, since they seem to be leaving.

The Bushranger
2010-01-20, 12:06 AM
[Etra]

Well, in that case, she just might get him to stay in bed a little longer. :smalltongue:
As he runs a hand up into her hair to hold the kiss, soft and gentle yet promsingly passionate.

Recaiden
2010-01-20, 12:10 AM
[Etra - Now without boldface]

Now, that works just as well. She puts her arms around him and tries to shift a bit closer.

Lex-Kat
2010-01-20, 12:16 AM
{Volho Lake}

"Are you alright miss?" He says, coming up behind her and starting to place his hands on her shoulders.

{Gersemi's Isle}

Okay. I'll see you when you get back. She gives hima weak smile.

She stands to take care of the steaks.

{Mountain Path}

And they go back to NO.

Will there be any Random Encounters?

The Bushranger
2010-01-20, 12:20 AM
[Volho Lake]

Quinn moves just so as to avoid the shoulder-grab. "I'm quite fine. And I'd appreciate it if you'd keep your hands off of my person, good sir. I've killed gods, you know. And I have a boyfriend."

---

[Etra]

Brendan certainly isn't going to stop her. In fact, he carefully tries to pull Ashna into his lap for a snuggle.

Reinholdt
2010-01-20, 12:23 AM
{Gersemi's Isle}

Reinholdt nods and leaves.

He does not return in two or three hours. Nor six. Nor two or three days if Melody waits that long to find out what's happened.

Regardless, Reinholdt does not return for *insert appropriate length of time here* and surely something must have happened to him.

On the upside, Reinholdt's player can finally make a Digest post and stop confusing people with continuity issues.

{Mountain Path}

Of course.
In fact there are several leaf pile monsters. Vincent tries calling Rusty to no effect. He is very confused by this.
Fortunately they are vulnerable to wind and fire.

Recaiden
2010-01-20, 12:24 AM
[Etra - Wait, it's back]

He succeeds; Ashna is pulled over and snuggles him. Wonder why he's being so careful.

Mr. Moon
2010-01-20, 12:31 AM
[Grasslands]Jimmy calls back to Allen, still a little miffed. What, you think you and your old rifle are what keeps the raiders away? Everything about this car screams 'don't touch me, my driver can spit and kill you.'

Allen smirks. He leans back even further, lacing his fingers and placing them behind his head to act as a pillow, and putting his feet up on top of Jimmy's headrest, and flashes a wide, yellow grin. "Oh, sure, sure." He allows. "But honestly, Kid, yer just foolin' yourself if you think that the raider's haven't figured that much out, too. And then all of a sudden, out pops this boy - how old are you, twelve? - for water or t' talk with a wastelander or something, and they think to themselves, hey, lookit that, easy target! And all of a sudden your throat is slit or there's a hole in your head and a bunch of raiders have themselves a shiny new toy. And you? You'd be mutant food, Kid." Allen seems to be enjoying describing Jimmy's death. "Face it. You need someone who can actually take care of himself without a shiny hunk of spikes to hide behind."

The Bushranger
2010-01-20, 12:34 AM
[Etra]

Because being soft and gentle is his nature with a lady. *nods*
Not that he can't play against type sometimes, as he showed before. :smalltongue:

"Love you," he whispers, before delivering a small pinch. :smallwink:

Recaiden
2010-01-20, 12:38 AM
[Etra]

When did he show that before? :smallconfused:
I love you too. Ashna says, before almost jumping in surprise. She doesn't freak out too much though. Calm again in a second, smiling. Still a bit confused.

Artemis97
2010-01-20, 12:42 AM
[Grasslands]

Eva curls up a bit more in her seat. the others could probably guess why. The young woman was not at all fond of bloodshed or violence.

Lex-Kat
2010-01-20, 12:45 AM
{Gersemi's Isle}

Unfortunately, Melody isn't in the right state of mind to think the worse has happened to Reinholdt, instead, she begins to think that she drove him away.

That something is obviously wrong with her.

She will however, reach out to him, through the weave.

{Returning to NO}

Do they have Wind and Fire magic? :smallconfused:

Caroline begtins to look really guilty after Vincent tries to call Rusty to battle the second time.

If there is a third time, she'll yell out. He's not coming back!! He's gone, forever, and you'll never find where I buried him!!

Then her eyes will go big, realizing what she just said, and she'll take off in another direction, away from Vincent.

The Bushranger
2010-01-20, 12:49 AM
((posted earlier for Quinn))

---

[Etra]

When he took charge the other night. :smallwink:

Brendan gently caresses the spot, blushing a bit, not really knowing what came over him...and kisses Ashna's cheek again. "We've still got some time, right? I want to hold you like this forever."

Reinholdt
2010-01-20, 12:51 AM
{Returning to NO}

Probably not Caroline, though Vincent can add elements to his sword. Not that he wastes MP on that.

*blink blink*
Vincent watches Caroline run off.
:smalleek:

Recaiden
2010-01-20, 12:54 AM
[Etra]

You mean when they were here? :smallconfused:

Ashna relaxes then, figuring it was meant well, and kisses him back.
Yes. Now, just like this? We can't ever move around?

Lex-Kat
2010-01-20, 12:59 AM
{Returning to NO}

Caroline seams to be heading toward the Weald. I wonder if Vincent knows what's in that direction.

{Volho Lake}

Quinn moves just so as to avoid the shoulder-grab. "I'm quite fine. And I'd appreciate it if you'd keep your hands off of my person, good sir. I've killed gods, you know. And I have a boyfriend."
((Now how'd I miss that?? It was right above Reinholdt's post. :smalleek:))

"Oh really." The man behind Quinn then tries to club her in the back of the head with an oar.

The Bushranger
2010-01-20, 01:02 AM
[Etra]

Yus. Well, in Brendan's mind at least he went against his usual type...

"Well...I guess we would have to eat at some point, wouldn't we..."

And BR's brain is fuzzing so he should probably go to bed...
((G'nite))

---

{Volho Lake}

((Now how'd I miss that?? It was right under Reinholdt's post. :smalleek:))

"Oh really." The man behind Quinn then tries to club her in the back of the head with an oar.

((Because you're a ninja pixie? :smallsmile:))

"Yes, real-EEP."
Quinn starts to dodge, but is thwacked with an oar!
And goes out like a light!
:smalleek:

(('night!))

Reinholdt
2010-01-20, 01:03 AM
*gasps at the crazy oarman attacking Quinn*

{Returning to NO}

Vincent has no idea. But heads after her anyways.
She's clearly holding a deep dark secret. He's a bit worried for her.
Plus she knows where Rusty is.

Recaiden
2010-01-20, 01:04 AM
[Etra]

No, I see what you mean now.

No. At least, not for a really long time...

((The same. Good night.))

billtodamax
2010-01-20, 05:00 AM
[The Lab]

And both Susan's dream and reality merge into one with Susan and Daisuke crossing swords. Val isn't looking too hot right now either, with the dagger in her, and clutching her head as the machine inside her is having a problem working right at the moment.

[The Lab]

Susan looks at Dais, confused.
She darts back and holds her sword up, glancing around the room.
"What the hell is going on?!"

horngeek
2010-01-20, 05:02 AM
Illusion, basically. I was able to break out of it, you weren't.

billtodamax
2010-01-20, 05:12 AM
"Hm." Says Susan. She glances over at Val. "Can yo do anything about that?" She asks, probably meaning the knife that she threw.

She hasn't lowered her sword. After all, if that was an illusion, what was stopping this from being one too?

horngeek
2010-01-20, 05:21 AM
Daisuke tries to remove the knife without causing damage to Val.

And Susan is trapped in paranoia for the rest of her life, right? :smalltongue:

billtodamax
2010-01-20, 05:23 AM
She'll probably calm down a bit if things stop trying to kill her for long enough. So yeah, probably.

Susan watches Daisuke carefully as he removes the knife from Val.

The Bushranger
2010-01-20, 11:35 AM
[Etra]

"Well, drink, then." Brendan chuckles and goes to deliver another soft kiss before pondering actually finally getting up...

---

[Secret Lab]

Erin's eyes open!

EleventhHour
2010-01-20, 03:39 PM
[Valcano Minor]

Elle takes a step back and smiles when he gets up. "Look at that. First ledge. Think you can climb the next one?" She motions at the craggy cliffface behind her and laughs. "Have to get closer to the top before night."

Lord Magtok
2010-01-20, 04:52 PM
Valcano

You're compromising yourself, y'know. Acting in a way that you know isn't typical behavior for you, and it's rather appalling. I don't know how or why you keep acting in this manner, if it's out of fear or some deluded idea that she wouldn't be able to stand us otherwise, but at the next opportunity you get, you're standing up for yourself and making it clear that you're in charge, that you make the decisions, and that she's the one with the paycheck, y'understand?

Why, are there werewolves or elves or something around here after dark?

Magtok, as one might expect from him, cheats to scale this next cliff. Using that bit of the shapeshifter genes he "borrowed" from Happy, the cyborg curls the fingers of his fleshy hand tightly around what handholds he can find.

EleventhHour
2010-01-20, 05:03 PM
[SSSF]

And 10,000 volts run through Sylthyia's hand as she touches the doorknob. Well, heck. It seems the last one was a.. Oh no, Akbar, get away from tha- A TRAP! ...Yes. The door was a trap.
-

There's all of three buttons! The elevator climbs, and dings open at the next floor, an empty broom closet. ...will Mime stay in and go up to the floor he was supposed to, or will he leap into the closet! Find out next time, viewers!
-

"What? A doctor... I don't know. Try the door down at the end. We had some guy fixing machines down there..."
-

Yay! Free cotton candy! What mischief can you get up to, next? It looks like the entire park is free to play with!
--------

[Valcano Minor]

"...I hope not." Elle calls across as she climbs the rock edges off to the side of him, avoiding the weaker looking spots, and occasionally sending a rattle of pebbles to the ground below as she goes on up, tail waving for balance. "I just want to be somewhere before this day is over. Especially since you're going to resist having more time off the longer you aren't doing anything insanely stressful or odd."

billtodamax
2010-01-20, 05:06 PM
[SSSF]

There's all of three buttons! The elevator climbs, and dings open at the next floor, an empty broom closet. ...will Mime stay in and go up to the floor he was supposed to, or will he leap into the closet! Find out next time, viewers!

No way!

Mime's just gonna grin cheekily at the guards every time the elevator stops.

Him pressing all the buttons probably hasn't inconvenienced them that much, there being only three floors.

Warpfire
2010-01-20, 05:16 PM
[Foothills]

"Huh...?" Zee glances up from the insect on her finger, having totally missed what Jacob just said.

While the Mime leaps up on top of the rock a certain head had dissapeared behind a few moment prior. He may notice several children playing on the other side, armed with simple wooden swords. There was much shushing and snickering as the Mime approaches.

And then- "Aaww... They found us!"
"How come your face is all white, mister?"
"He's got a funny hat!"

"Oh godsdammit Mime-" Jacob begins to say, pulling back an arrow when...

"Wait...children?" At the sound of the giggling and talking he relaxes the bowstring and walks over to the boulder Mime is standing on. He just stares at the children for a moment, dumbfounded.

"What are you doing out here?" It seems like a pretty reasonable question to ask, assuming there aren't any villages or adults in sight. Jacob keeps his arrow out. Normally he wouldn't, but he couldn't help but remember Zee's warning. Who knows, this could be part of some strange ambush scheme. Or those wooden swords could actually be weapons of terrible arcane power.

Still, he relaxes a little. They do seem to be just children...

Gnrlshrimp
2010-01-20, 05:33 PM
[SSSF]

Okay, yeah, wow...that hurts quite a lot. Not being an expert on electrical doorknobs...or sticking fingers in plug sockets...or anything to do with people being electrocuted, Gnrlshrimp doesn't really know what should happen.

So...well...you'll just have to put up with this.

Slythynia's eyes widen as the electricity surges through her. For a moment, she's completely paralysed by it, then with every ounce of willpower in her body, she forces herself to turn the handle and open the door, before withdrawing her hand with a rather sickening tearing noise as the skin on her hand that's stuck to the door just tears off.

Slythynia grits her teeth and clenches her fists...which only makes the hand that held the doorknob hurt more. She's used to pain though, this is nothing new.

Lord Magtok
2010-01-20, 05:43 PM
[Valcano Minor]

Magtok grins.

Or in other words, you want to hurry up as high as we can before I change my mind, so that when I look down and see how far back down I hafta go, all on my own just to get home, I immediately change my mind, and go crawling back to you, shaking in terror.

happyturtle
2010-01-20, 05:53 PM
[The Skies]

In the skies of Acro, a signal appears over PEACE.

The device laid in Mennifellow's chest beeps once, and then explodes in a terrific column of fire and light, sending a giant Mag-Signal (Basically the bat signal, but terribly malformed and twisted until it resembles an M) up into the cloudy, radioactive sky. Probably melts any snowpeople without a strong enough resistance to fire, too.

[AuxCave]

The signal has been activated. Mainframe informs Turtle and Wenomir.

A portal appears in front of them to telewarp them to PEACE. Turtle, her glove activated, steps through.

billtodamax
2010-01-20, 05:55 PM
James-plotclone spots the signal beaming up into the sky.

He starts running towards it before jumping into the air and flying.

blackouttwo
2010-01-20, 06:38 PM
[SSSF]

"What? A doctor... I don't know. Try the door down at the end. We had some guy fixing machines down there..."

Alright. Thanks. And, uh, keep it quiet that I'm here, alright? Arthur heads inside, and looks for a door down at the end, as the guard instructed.

Lex-Kat
2010-01-20, 06:40 PM
{Volho Lake}

The Crazy Boatman takes out some rope and begins his attempt to hog-tie Quinn. "Well, looks like I caught myself a nice little fish this time." He chuckles to himself.

{Returning to NO}

The Weald :smalleek: (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7732739&postcount=764)

AmberVael
2010-01-20, 06:52 PM
"Bright light, swift-winged winds, springs of the rivers, numberless laughter of the sea's waves, earth, mother of all, and the all seeing circle of the sun:
I call upon you to see what I, a God suffer at the hands of Gods-
To see with what kind of torture, worn down, I shall wrestle ten thousand years of time-"

The soft voice seeps across gray rock and through the whispering grass beneath the cool light of the moon, speaking in an archaic lilt fitting to the words offered to the empty, natural arena around its source. Yet the leaves of the trees wave and rustle in response, and the stones echo back their presence.

"Such is the despiteful bond that the Prince has devised against me, that new Prince of the Blessed Ones."

Atop one of the rough boulders sits a woman in antique traveling garb. She does not appear dusty from the road, and even the simple attire she has chosen for traveling screams wealth and class, made of fine materials and tailor fit to proper specifications, both in terms of her specific form and a design that fit the situation and her particular aesthetic. Her black hair is tied back in an almost severely formal manner, and her pale, soft skin speaks of a pampered life in which she has had to do little hard work of any kind, let alone requiring that she move outside. Her words are carefully chosen, but not heartfelt- it is clear that she has some detachment from them, and is speaking them for some other reason than a desire to monologue her current situation.

"Oh woe is me!
I groan for the present sorrow, for the sorrow to come. I question when there shall come a time when He shall ordain a limit to my sufferings."

A little derisive laugh comes from her throat as she gets to her feet, rest concluded, and continues what apparently was a long walk in the direction of Acronymia and the city within it.

"What am I saying? I have know all before, all that shall be, and clear known; to me, nothing that hurts shall come with a new face.
So must I bear, as lightly as I can, the destiny that fate has given me;
for I know well against necessity, against its strength, no one can fight and win."

Here, her impromptu speech ends, and she begins quietly humming a soft tune as she makes the rest of the way down into the streets.

EleventhHour
2010-01-20, 06:56 PM
[Valcano Minor]

"...what?" She pulls a handhold off the rock, then grabs a different hold to hang onto and pull herself up. "I thought we were teleporting back down... and wouldn't you do that anyway?" Elly yanks herself up onto a ledge, tilting her ears as dirt rains down on them. "You're too paranoid. I think I'll keep dragging... all of you out, until you get properly relaxed."

Recaiden
2010-01-20, 07:04 PM
[Etra]

"Well, drink, then." Brendan chuckles and goes to deliver another soft kiss before pondering actually finally getting up...

Ah. Someday. Reluctantly, Ashna gets up and goes to get the normal clothes.

blackouttwo
2010-01-20, 07:07 PM
[Grasslands]

Allen smirks. He leans back even further, lacing his fingers and placing them behind his head to act as a pillow, and putting his feet up on top of Jimmy's headrest, and flashes a wide, yellow grin. "Oh, sure, sure." He allows. "But honestly, Kid, yer just foolin' yourself if you think that the raider's haven't figured that much out, too. And then all of a sudden, out pops this boy - how old are you, twelve? - for water or t' talk with a wastelander or something, and they think to themselves, hey, lookit that, easy target! And all of a sudden your throat is slit or there's a hole in your head and a bunch of raiders have themselves a shiny new toy. And you? You'd be mutant food, Kid." Allen seems to be enjoying describing Jimmy's death. "Face it. You need someone who can actually take care of himself without a shiny hunk of spikes to hide behind."

Jimmy's response is short and simple. He draws his 50 cal. Desert Eagle and twirls it around his finger with the safety on. Gotcha covered. He holsters the pistol and goes back to watching the car basically drive itself.

-Little while later...-

Jimmy yawns as he waits for the car's auto-pilot system to lead them into the city. Man I'm bored...I wonder if I can run over another local animal. Nothing bigger than a Crag-Rat out here...

Depending on whether or not Vael's interested, the boy might spot the pale woman as she heads for the city. Jimmy lets out a low whistle. Well, well, well, looks like we've got a lady in need of a ride. Any protests? Not waiting for a response, he brings the car around to park, right in front of the woman in question.

Well, well, well, hello beautiful. You look like you could use a ride into town. The kid's putting on his best behavior for the lady. Sadly, his best behavior leaves a lot to be desired.

AmberVael
2010-01-20, 07:13 PM
[Grasslands]

The woman seems to size Jimmy up, but while she maintains a polite facade, she's so far quite unimpressed and uninterested whatsoever in his very existence.
"That would be appreciated."
She says, in a way that means her statement is just words. She won't care one way or another.

blackouttwo
2010-01-20, 07:27 PM
The vehicle looks dented, scarred, and battle-damaged, with some armor hanging off the sides. There are spikes on the tires, and a dozer blade on the front bumper, with more conventional blades on the hub-caps, and several machine guns on the front. Two miniguns rise out of the top, on a turret.

Jimmy smirks and raises an eyebrow, having met her type before: Obviously wealthy from the condition of her clothing...although he'd never met even any wastelander, even wasteland nobles, who'd had spotless, clean and completely undamaged clothing before. Then again, he'd never seen anyone who was that pale, either. This girl must've come from a family rich enough to hire really good guards.

From the tone of your voice, I'd say you wouldn't be all that honored to get a ride from me...Tell ya what, beautiful, I'll give you a ride if you give me the honor of knowing your name. Jimmy's smirk gets a bit larger.

AmberVael
2010-01-20, 07:32 PM
[Grasslands]z

"Avalon."
She replies as she moves to get into the car- presumably the passenger seat, if there is one. Her eyes rove over it with some interest, but perhaps not as much as one might expect. Still, it's a pretty crazy looking vehicle.

If she has servants, they aren't anywhere in sight, and it doesn't look like she's waiting for anyone. Maybe she's running away or something?

blackouttwo
2010-01-20, 07:48 PM
There's enough space in the back for two people; The front passenger seat is presently occupied by Eva. Jimmy punches a few buttons on the car's computer and the door closes. It begins to move at upwards of 120 MPH. Allen and Eva should be used to Jimmy's insane driving. Avalon's a different story.

So, beautiful, where ya from? You've got that 'Barringer City' look about ya. Jimmy calls back to Avalon over the roar of the car's engine as it barrels towards Inside. Another poor animal is run over in the midst of the vehicle's rampage in Inside's general direction. Blood spatters on the windshield again, and Jimmy hits the windshield wiper button. The bladed wipers get rid of the blood, as usual. Hmm...judging from the amount of blood there, I'd say we hit something smaller than a Crag-Rat...

Lord Magtok
2010-01-20, 07:49 PM
Valcano Minor

So you're going to, one by one, take a whole bunch of Mags up to the top of a steep hill with nobody around to witness any shoves or sneaky tricks or whatever might be up your sleeve...and that's going to make me less paranoid?

Magtok snickers, and continues along up.

Artemis97
2010-01-20, 07:50 PM
[Grasslands]

Eva slipsout ofthe front passenger seat and crawls into the back with Allen, in order to make room for Avalon. The dark-haired young woman smiles a bit and gives a small wave when the other woman gets in. "It's nice to meet you. I'm Eva. That's Jimmy, and this is Allen." She says, introducing herself and her traveling companions.

She winces when the car hits another living thing. "Could you stop doing that!?"

EleventhHour
2010-01-20, 07:52 PM
[Valcano Minor

"I never said I'd go rock climbing with all of you. There's other things to do..." She gets back to moving, trying to catch up now. "And you're suspicious of me?" She sounds hurt as she calls up to him, over the rattle of stone.

AmberVael
2010-01-20, 08:02 PM
[Grasslands]

"Well, I come from a town called Cipher, quite far from here. You've probably never heard of it."
Indeed, anyone who knows the surrounding area will know that there isn't such a town anywhere remotely nearby. Or anywhere far away- at least, anyplace faraway that could be theoretically reached on foot.

She blinks at the splattered animal, but other than a faint expression of disgust, doesn't react much.

blackouttwo
2010-01-20, 08:16 PM
Ah, come on, Eva! It's not like you can expect me to watch where I'm going when we're moving a mile every thirty seconds!

Jimmy just grumbles a bit and then checks a few monitors to check for damage. So, what did you do back in Cipher, then? Were you just some spoiled rich girl? I can tell from the condition of your clothes. You're some kinda wasteland noble. A really important one. How come I've never heard of ya?

The condition of Avalon's clothing compared to the clothing worn by all three wastelanders is...difficult to word, but suffice it to say that it's loads better-looking. Even if she were poor, her clothes would likely be in better condition. Jimmy's clothing in particular matches the look of his car: Ruined, battered, and damaged in combat.

Lord Magtok
2010-01-20, 08:22 PM
Valcano Minor

Magtok pauses, and shakes his head.

I don't suspect you of anything, I'm just acting out of habit. The clones aren't just for multi-tasking, after all.

Rebonack
2010-01-20, 08:25 PM
"Oh godsdammit Mime-" Jacob begins to say, pulling back an arrow when...

"Wait...children?" At the sound of the giggling and talking he relaxes the bowstring and walks over to the boulder Mime is standing on. He just stares at the children for a moment, dumbfounded.

"What are you doing out here?" It seems like a pretty reasonable question to ask, assuming there aren't any villages or adults in sight. Jacob keeps his arrow out. Normally he wouldn't, but he couldn't help but remember Zee's warning. Who knows, this could be part of some strange ambush scheme. Or those wooden swords could actually be weapons of terrible arcane power.

Still, he relaxes a little. They do seem to be just children...

Considering the nature of the Nexus Jacob's cautiousness is no doubt justified. Just because you see a bunch of children doesn't mean that they aren't actually horrible shape shifting monsters in disguise.

"We're playing!" one of the little boys pipes up.
"Yeah, we're playing bandits!"
"Yeah! Give us your money or we'll cut ya! Aaarrr!"
Another child smacks the last. "No, that's pirates stupid!"

By now Zee's giggling at the scene.

billtodamax
2010-01-20, 08:29 PM
[Foothills]

Mime mimes drawing a sword, and jumps back from the kids, a silly grin on his face. Seems like someone's not willing to give up his money to a bunch of scallywags! He jabs the air a couple of times with his (strictly wooden) sword.

The Bushranger
2010-01-20, 08:31 PM
{Volho Lake}

The Crazy Boatman takes out some rope and begins his attempt to hog-tie Quinn. "Well, looks like I caught myself a nice little fish this time." He chuckles to himself.

Quinn's hands are tied! Oh no!
But when he goes for the legs, he might suddenly find himself on the receiving end of a kick, aimed for where it will really hurt. :smalleek:

---

[SSSF]
Yay! Free cotton candy! What mischief can you get up to, next? It looks like the entire park is free to play with!

Eileen considers what to do next as she dabs cotton candy off her mouth...

The Ferris Wheel! That looks like fun!

Hopefully it won't get stuck with her at the very top of it. That could be not so much fun.

Warpfire
2010-01-20, 08:38 PM
[Foothills]

For whatever reason, Jacob seems less than amused. Even separate from his continued cautiousness something seems to be bothering him. Man, he's no fun at all.

"Well, where are the people that are supposed to be taking care of you?"

As he says that he casts a look around the area, half expecting a number of heavily armed people to step out from behind boulders and say something along the lines of 'Right here.'

EleventhHour
2010-01-20, 08:42 PM
[Valcano Minor]

"Then why would you even suggest it..." She keeps climbing, on up though still lower than him, she puts her fingers where his feet were a step before to continue the path, "Do you ever just enjoy things... without analysing all the way through it..." She sighs.

Artemis97
2010-01-20, 08:45 PM
[Grasslands]

Eva, for her part, was dressed in rugged clothes in tones of brown, overlayed with armor made from boiled leather. Over it all, she wears an oversized military style coat that looks to have been patched and repaired many times. for the meomtn, she was curled up in the back seat, watching the scenery fly by.

AmberVael
2010-01-20, 08:48 PM
[Grasslands]

"You presume a lot."
She says in almost a bored manner, looking back towards Eva with a bit of curiosity.
"Is everyone around here like you three?"

Artemis97
2010-01-20, 08:54 PM
[Grasslands]

Eva looks up, noticing she's being looked at. "Hm? Us? Oh no, we're new here. Seems like a nice place, though. Real pretty. I ain never seen so much green stuff."

Rebonack
2010-01-20, 08:58 PM
[Foothills]

"Right here!" sneers a rather greasy looking man as he pops out of the tall grass near the boulders in a rather nicely camouflaged suit. About a dozen other such bandits armed with crossbows pop out in like fashion.

Doesn't it suck when you're right?

"Now then lads and lass, drop yer valuables and ya' won't get 'ert."

Zee shrugs and begins emptying a few coins out of the pouches on her belt.

Mr. Moon
2010-01-20, 09:04 PM
Allen wiggles over a little to make room for Evan... although his boots are still up on Jimmy's seat. Every now and then, the cowboy "accidentally" baps Jimmy over the head with one of his rather dirty heels. To the newcomer, he flashes a wide grin with teeth gone yellow from lack of brushing. "Allen Parker. Howdy, Sweetheart." He says, tipping his hat a tad. The man is clad in a green-ish duster, (ish being the keyword, the duster lost all semblance of an actual colour long ago), over a dark shirt, with a dogchain around his neck, silver against his faded clothes. Said garments are, indeed, striking in contrast with Avalon's nice clean ones - the dark-skinned man's duster looks like it has never once known the sweet, sweet embrace of a washing machine, and is liberally coated in dirt, grime, and the odd blood stain. His head - and most of his face- is covered by a wide-brimmed cowboy hat. In his lap is an old looking rifle, which is in far better condition - polished to a shine, if somewhat worn, and in still in pretty good condition.
The idea of rich people is one that seems to get Allen's attention quickly, and the cowboy perks up, raising an eyebrow. "You got a rich daddy, huh? He wouldn't happen to be looking for a hired gun, now, would he?"

billtodamax
2010-01-20, 09:11 PM
Mime throws his hands up in shock! Then he moves one of his hands back, down, and forwards. Then the other.

He rotates 90 degrees and does it again, then rotates again, moves his hands agan, rotates again, and moves his hand again.

Then he reaches up above his head and seals himself in his box, putting the lid on top.

He worked hard for those valuables!

AmberVael
2010-01-20, 09:13 PM
[Grasslands]

"Good to know."
She seems rather glad about that, really.
"My father has long since passed on. My brother inherited the fortune from him. He died not too long after. What remains of my family's fortune is now in my care."

Lord Magtok
2010-01-20, 09:16 PM
Volcano Minor

Magtok starts to slow down a little.

Often, but usually just cause I'm moving too fast to do that.

...Would this work better if I stopped talking? Because I can tell myself to shut up, appreciate your efforts a little more, and be thankful there's no demons, dragons, or swarming armies to deal with right now, if you'd like.

Warpfire
2010-01-20, 09:17 PM
[Foothills]

Before the bandits have even finished popping out of the grass Jacob has an arrow nocked and pulled back. Apparently he's not in a surrendering mood.

"Why should I believe the word of someone who used their own children as bait?" He spits back with disgust. Apparently they've hit something of a sore spot with the mercenary. Bad enough he's not acting entirely logically. "You know if I had just been a bit quicker to act one of them might be dead right now? You make me sick."

"Here's my counteroffer: call off your men and you get to walk away alive."

Lex-Kat
2010-01-20, 09:19 PM
{Volho Lake}

The crazy man is kicked in the groin and falls back, and off the boat.

blackouttwo
2010-01-20, 09:22 PM
[Grasslands]

Jimmy grunts as Allen hits him over the head with his boots, but tries to ignore it. He knew neither of the girls would like it if he splattered Allen's brains all over the inside of the car with his Desert Eagle.

He'd get Allen later. Besides, he needed to pay attention to where the car was going. In case they flew off a cliff.

Then Avalon mentions the cash. A light bulb goes off in Jimmy's head. I'd say I presume just enough, beautiful. Your outfit speaks for itself. Speaking of your inheritance...how much of it are ya talkin'? Eighty-grand or something? Where this little crew comes from, that's enough money to set someone up for years if they just bought the essentials, and possibly almost as long if they bought extra stuff to make their lives easier.

The Bushranger
2010-01-20, 09:23 PM
[Volho Lake]

Quinn shakes her head dazedly, and sits up, trying to work her hands free - and also checking to see if the man can swim.

Rebonack
2010-01-20, 09:24 PM
[Foothills]

Jacob's counter offer is met with a fair bit of rather unfriendly sounding laughter on the part of the bandits. "Ya think ya can take all of us? Look 'round ya fool!"

The apparent bandit leaders guestures at the other eleven armed men with his free hand. "Ya might hit one uh us, but you'll be dead before ano'er drops. Now be a good lad like yer lady friend ther and we won't haveta do anything unsavery to 'er," he demands, a wicked grin spreading across his face as several of his men laugh at the last comment.

The last comment also gets a scowl out of Zee.

EleventhHour
2010-01-20, 09:24 PM
[Valcano Minor]

She catches up with him, clambering along the cliffface beside him, "No, it's alright. I think you enjoy talking about things more than you do just sitting quietly with nature." She glances across at him, "Besides, if I don't keep distracting you, you'll probably just use that chunk of chrome to get back to trying to deal with everything at once."

billtodamax
2010-01-20, 09:28 PM
Mime gasps! Silently! From inside his invisible box! He crouches down and grabs the base of the box, lifts it slightly, and starts to scuttle over towards Zee.

No mean bandit was gonna be unsavoury when Mime was around!

Warpfire
2010-01-20, 09:30 PM
[Foothills]

"Yes, but you're missing one important point."

Jacob keeps his aimed fixed on the leader.

"You'll still be dead."

Rebonack
2010-01-20, 09:37 PM
[Foothills]

That would be a great plan if not for the fact that one of the bandits just shoot at Jacob from behind as soon as the threat is made. The time between the *thwunk!* and the potential impact of the bolt isn't particularly forgiving.

Uh oh!

AmberVael
2010-01-20, 09:38 PM
[Grasslands]

Avalon idly wonders if he plans on killing her for the money. That might be interesting. Maybe she could get that type of scenario to play out differently than normal, but even if she couldn't, it was always a bit amusing. Less so when she came out of the situation badly, but better than nothing.
"I have enough to see me live comfortably for the rest of my life. It isn't in any particular form- some gold, jewels, art, various currencies... that sort of thing."

billtodamax
2010-01-20, 09:39 PM
[Foothills]

Mime puts his box down right next to Zee, assuming they let him get that close.

He stands right next to her, with his stern face on, inside of his box.

blackouttwo
2010-01-20, 09:42 PM
Jimmy blinks at hearing that. OK, this chick's 'inheritance' has to be worthless. Who'd want art or jewels for cash? And what the heck's gold? Even if his compatriots have heard of the stuff, Jimmy most certainly hasn't.

Artemis97
2010-01-20, 09:52 PM
[Grasslands]

"I bet you got some pretty things, Miss Avalon." Eva says, a dreamy expression on her face as she tries to imagine them. The young woman had never been able to have such things, but she'd always admired them. "You sure are lucky." Unlike the menfolk, there wasn't any greed in her tone. Perhaps a bit of jealousy, but Eva had no illusions at the lady would be giving her any handouts.

Warpfire
2010-01-20, 09:54 PM
[Foothill]

Well that's just bad for everyone involved.

The one bandit's initiative takes Jacob by surprise, so a direct hit makes him stumble forward and forces him to release his arrow.

Normally this would result in the arrow flying at great velocity straight into the ground.

But, when Jacob thought the children behind the rock were bandits he muttered the command word 'Ricochet' so he could get a shot at them.

So instead of getting buried in the dirt, the arrow bounces off the ground and heads at an improbably high speed for the target Jacob had in mind when he accidentally let fly- the bandit leader's throat.

This probably takes the man by surprise.

Instincts and adrenaline forcing him to ignore the arrow buried in his back, he dives for cover behind Mime's invisible box. He rapidly fires a couple shots as he dives (and a couple more when he lands) at the bandits the box won't provide cover from. They aren't very accurate, but Jacob hopes to at least send them scrambling for cover of their own.

AmberVael
2010-01-20, 09:58 PM
[Grasslands]

Avalon keeps herself from laughing. Barely.
"People who have more wealth than they know what to do with, of course."
She says sweetly.
"Also, this is gold."
She slips off a ring from her finger and holds it up to Jimmy.
"It's a precious metal. Used in coins. Also, it's quite conductive from what I hear."

blackouttwo
2010-01-20, 10:01 PM
...So, do they use it in gun bullets or something? He also fails at every science, ever.

Jimmy just shakes his head and reaches into a nearby glovebox. Ah, forget this money crap. Who's up for Jump? He digs out a small dirty bottle filled with a number of pills, and gathers a few into his hand. Haven't gotten high in a while.

Followed by deadtime. G'night, everybody!

Lex-Kat
2010-01-20, 10:10 PM
[Volho Lake]

Quinn shakes her head dazedly, and sits up, trying to work her hands free - and also checking to see if the man can swim.
The man is swimming away, back to the mainland.

The Bushranger
2010-01-20, 10:11 PM
[Volho Lake]

Quinn scowls, shakes her head, and sits down hard. "No doubt he'll have a posse waiting for me on account of having 'stolen his boat'..." she mutters to herself, before going to check the boat's controls. And the contents of its fuel tank.

Lex-Kat
2010-01-20, 10:13 PM
{Volho Lake}

The boat will get her to the Island, no problem. The controls are simply. It's outside motor, pushing a small fishing boat. Seats 6 people, max.

Rebonack
2010-01-20, 10:14 PM
[Foothills]

Getting shot in the back is never fun.

Especially since getting shot results in holes in one's organs.

The bouncing arrow finds its way into the bandit leader's neck. The leader in question starts making some icky gurgling noises. He begins clutching at the shaft, staggering about for a few moments before keeling over.

Zee's gauntlet makes a series of odd clicking noises as it rearranges itself into a generally cannon-looking weapon. And with a nice smooth motion she launches a trio of azure, bubbly looking projectile as an equal number of bandits.

One gets nailed in the face. Another the chest. And a third the shoulder. The force of the impact is enough to stagger them. Their motions quickly become erratic, drunken. And shortly there after they collapse into unconsciousness.

The remaining six bandits begin to open fire on the party, the Mime's box making for good cover. Though Zee takes a bolt right in the gut, gasping as she shuffles behind the barrier and slams back-first into it, gritter her teeth.

Warpfire
2010-01-20, 10:38 PM
Jacob looks over at Zee with a bolt in her.

Gods, Jacob, why do you have to be such an idiot?

Realizing he doesn't have time to berate himself, Jacob quickly nocks another arrow and prepares to take a shot.

Facing three of the bandits, Jacob manages to get out, "Triple...shot", and lets loose another arrow. Predictably, the arrow splits into three and each one flies toward an attacker. The technique sacrifices the archer's normal pinpoint accuracy, thought its by no means as inaccurate as the wild shots he was taking a moment ago

Before he can get back behind cover, he's barely able to dodge one bolt meant for his face. This unfortunately puts him in a position so that another that might have missed him grazes his leg.

Though he's still fighting, its clear that he's going to be down for the count as soon as the battle's over. Possibly during the fight if it lasts long enough.

McBish
2010-01-20, 10:40 PM
[The Lab]

Val winces as the dagger is pulled out, it seems like a fairly bad wound. Also she continues to clutch her head as she lays on the ground. The device in her head seems to be having problems right now. She doesn't seem to hear Susan or Daisuke.

The Bushranger
2010-01-20, 10:41 PM
[Volho Lake]

And so Quinn takes the controls and, still rather fuzzy-headed, plots a course in the direction of the Island!

horngeek
2010-01-20, 10:43 PM
Daisuke looks at her, worried.

He gets out a bandage and binds the wound, though.

The Bushranger
2010-01-20, 10:45 PM
[Secret Lab]

Erin looks to be awake! And looking around nervously.

Recaiden
2010-01-20, 10:46 PM
[Etra]

Oh, we do need to be outside. Don't take too long. Ashna says to Brendan.

The Bushranger
2010-01-20, 10:50 PM
[Etra]

"I shouldn't be," Brendan says with a smile as he goes to wash up and freshen up, brushing his teeth and getting dressed.

McBish
2010-01-20, 10:53 PM
[The Lab]

Daisuke, restrain me. I don't know how long this will last. You need to get Abigail and the others out of here.

horngeek
2010-01-20, 10:54 PM
All right. Bakudo 63, Saju Sabaku.

Golden chains should wrap around Val, after which Daisuke hugs her. I'm so sorry for having to do that...

Recaiden
2010-01-20, 10:56 PM
[Etra]

Ashna laughs, waiting by the door, annoyed at the formal clothes they have to wear. It is an important occasion, but dresses is a bit far here.

Rebonack
2010-01-20, 10:59 PM
[Foothills]

One bandit takes an arrow in the shoulder. The other two in slightly more... vital areas. The rest flee, having decided that this particular business venture is a bust.

Zee slowly slides down the invisible box into a sitting position, leaving a bloody smear in mid-air all the way to the ground. With gritted teeth she grabs the shaft sticking out of her and pulls.

"rrrrRRRAAAAAAAHHH!"

With a shaking hand she tosses the bolt aside before putting pressure on her wound. Oddly enough it seems to have stopped bleeding already.

The Bushranger
2010-01-20, 11:01 PM
[Etra]

Brendan agrees. :smalltongue:
He does his best to make himself presentable, though, making sure his hair is straight and everything!

Recaiden
2010-01-20, 11:04 PM
[Etra]

Well, he doesn't have to wear a dress. :smalltongue: And is just going to be in the crowd, if anything.
Hmm. That's a nice look. she'd say when he seems to be ready, and teleport them both to that station they were at before. Then for him to walk back here.

McBish
2010-01-20, 11:11 PM
[The Lab]

Val nods though she seems freaked out a bit, and still in a good deal of pain. Daisuke should know how she feels about being confined or restrained.

The Bushranger
2010-01-20, 11:13 PM
[Etra]

True. :smalltongue:

"Thanks, Ash." Brendan takes Ashna's arm with a smile and allows her to teleport them to the station!

Recaiden
2010-01-20, 11:16 PM
[Etra]

He still could, but people might think he was weird.

You're welcome. You remember how to get there? Bye. Assuming he doesn't say something to make her stop, she vanishes back to the arrival point in the building that they came from.
There are still a few other people in the teleporter room, just not so many as the day before.

((And a short deadtime. If you leave before then, goodnight.))

horngeek
2010-01-20, 11:18 PM
Daisuke starts to apply some healing kido, just to deaden the pain. I'll get you out of this as soon as I can, all right?

Warpfire
2010-01-20, 11:19 PM
Jacob stands and watches the bandits flee, his bow dropping to the ground. He slowly turns to face Zee, happening to glance at the children as he does so. Finally he faces her, watching her tear the bolt out.

" 'msorry," he struggles out, a bit of blood coming out with the words. "Wasn't...thinking clearly."

And then he collapses.

The Bushranger
2010-01-20, 11:31 PM
[Etra]

He still could, but people might think he was weird.

You're welcome. You remember how to get there? Bye. Assuming he doesn't say something to make her stop, she vanishes back to the arrival point in the building that they came from.
There are still a few other people in the teleporter room, just not so many as the day before.

((And a short deadtime. If you leave before then, goodnight.))

Indeed...

"I think so, yeah." Brendan blows Ashna a kiss, then considers his course, squaring his shoulders and striking out in what he hopes is the right direction!

McBish
2010-01-20, 11:33 PM
[The Lab]

Val nods. Please just hurry. I understand. But don't hurt Julia. Seems the device is still somewhat active.

horngeek
2010-01-20, 11:34 PM
Daisuke pulls Val back into a hug. I'll try.

Which could be taken a number of ways...

billtodamax
2010-01-20, 11:42 PM
Mime silently gasps again!

Curse you deadtime, preventing him from helping!

He opens a door in the box on one of the dies people aren't leaning on, then rushes around his box to help Jacob. He'll pull out the crossbow bolt as gently as he can, then mime some bandages around the wound it caused. He'll similarly bandage the wound on his ankle.

Then he'll rush over to Zee and start to bandage her wounds, after moving her so she's not leaning on the invisible box anymore, which will then promptly vanish.

[The Lab]

"Alright then, can we go now?" Susan says. "There's bound to be more people sent after us." Susan says, holding the sword high. She admires it for a bit, the puts it in between her belt and her jeans. It'd probably ruin her belt, but she had others. She draws her pistol again and continues walking.

Rebonack
2010-01-20, 11:54 PM
[Foothills]

Zee waves the Mime off, pointing to Jacob. "I'm a hydra. It takes more than a gut-shot to kill me. We need to make sure Jacob pulls through," she requests as she pushes herself onto her knees and crawls up alongside the Hunter. Once close she'll reach out to put a hand on him and begin to use her uncannily useful Life-Shaping to begin accelerating the healing process, starting first by patching up any injured organs.

Unlike your average magical healing Zee requires time. If Jacob is on death's door...

Recaiden
2010-01-20, 11:55 PM
Indeed...

"I think so, yeah." Brendan blows Ashna a kiss, then considers his course, squaring his shoulders and striking out in what he hopes is the right direction!

[Etra]

Well, most of the people tend to be going in one direction, by a slight majority, and there is the giant beam of light, so he should be able to find it.

billtodamax
2010-01-20, 11:58 PM
[Foothills]

Mime nods and rushes over to Jacob. He starts (not) scrawling something on some (not) paper, shoving the non-existent prescription towards Jacob, then taking it back and handing him a non-existent bottle of pills.

horngeek
2010-01-21, 12:00 AM
All right. Let's go!

And onwards they go!

Who's next?

McBish
2010-01-21, 12:01 AM
[The Lab]

Val stays where she is trying not to panic about being tied up.

horngeek
2010-01-21, 12:04 AM
Daisuke moves Val so she's sitting against the wall before leaving. Because that's slightly more comfortable.

The Bushranger
2010-01-21, 12:06 AM
[Etra]

Well, most of the people tend to be going in one direction, by a slight majority, and there is the giant beam of light, so he should be able to find it.

[Etra]

That would tend to be quite the landmark, yes. :smalltongue:

Brendan does his best not to get in the way of people, while keeping his head on a swivel as he makes his way to Building Beam 'o Light.

horngeek
2010-01-21, 12:09 AM
Oh. Erin will find she's still bound. Has she omnomed the nanites?

The Bushranger
2010-01-21, 12:11 AM
[Secret Lab

Enough for her to be awake and mostly alert if they haven't been replenished, indeed. And she looks around as best she can!

Warpfire
2010-01-21, 12:11 AM
[Foothills]

Jacob appears to have taken a shot in the lungs. Seeing as mundane medical care can sometimes save people with this type of injury if there's immediate attention, Zee's abilities will be enough to save him. As the puncture wound is resealed he passes out of immediate danger of death. There's still the injuries around the organ, though.

A little stronger, the archer looks over at mime and takes the pill bottle. "All...?"

Recaiden
2010-01-21, 12:13 AM
[Etra]

Well, there are walking people. Mostly humans. Some shapeshifters like he saw on the train, not bothering to change their featureless silver eyes, because that makes it harder to see. A good number of what look a bit like giant praying mantises.
Carts being pulled by, well, some 6 legged things that really look more reptilian. Like what brought the wagon.
3 wheeled cars with some sort of internal engine, not moving very quickly.
The occasional airship passing overhead.
The same buildings he saw last time. :smalltongue:
And a number of what appear to be security teams, in groups of 4 uniformed people.

billtodamax
2010-01-21, 12:18 AM
Mime shrugs. How the hell was he supposed to know? He's not a doctor.

horngeek
2010-01-21, 12:22 AM
Well, she's in a room. Smaller than she was held in at first.

They haven't been replenished, indeed. Seems Julia's too busy tracking the intruders.

Rebonack
2010-01-21, 12:25 AM
[Foothills]

"The kids and four of the bandits ran off," Zee replies, her voice wavering a bit from the pain. "You took a nasty shot, but between Mime and me we should have you fixed up pretty soon."

She offers a fairly friendly smile, though one marred by the throbbing ache in her gut. The wound was a deep one, after all. Punched all the way through her intestines and one kidney. Normally that sort of thing would be fatal if untreated, but...

"And don't worry about me. Hydras are known for their resilience after all."

Yeah. That.

Her body is already working fast to mend itself. Decapitation is really the only sure-fire way to put her down. Especially since hydras from her world don't regenerate additional heads in no time flat.

The Bushranger
2010-01-21, 12:27 AM
[Etra]

Brendan makes a point of keeping out of the way of the security teams, and generally drinks in the surroundings until he reaches his destination!

---

[Secret Lab]

Erin decides to rest for now, closing her eyes again.

Recaiden
2010-01-21, 12:32 AM
[Etra]

One of the security folk looks over in Brendan's general direction. Sensors say someone is suspiciously avoiding them all while walking. He gets another of them and starts walking Brendan's way.

The scenery continues. Buildings tend to be tall, there are some of that one type of window, the road is made of concrete, there are inactive streetlights (because it's daytime) 4 of the moons are visible, 1 full, 1 gibbous, and 2 crescents.

There's a small crowd of people waiting in the space in front of the temple when he gets there.

Warpfire
2010-01-21, 12:36 AM
"Still...my fault," Jacob says, coughing. "...just handed over...'stead of...some idiotic moral stand..."

He attempts to pour out a couple pills, which is made a bit difficult by not being able to see them. But he manages, and tosses them in his mouth.

The Bushranger
2010-01-21, 12:40 AM
[Etra]

Oh dear...

Brendan doesn't notice the security attention as he arrives, and, noticing the crowd, figures this is the place. Settling in and looking around, wondering how long he'll be waiting, and looking up at the moons.

billtodamax
2010-01-21, 12:42 AM
[Foothills]

Woo! Generic Healing Pills!

Any amount of the pills will heal any illnesses Jacob has, as well as speeding up natural healing even faster.

Careful there Jacob, or you might grow another arm!

Recaiden
2010-01-21, 12:44 AM
[Etra]

Not too long. Good, as the security people have looked over the sensors and picked him out. And walked up to him, the one a bit back in case Brendan tries something foolish.
"Excuse me, but would you please come with us for a moment?" The one asks.

The Bushranger
2010-01-21, 12:49 AM
[Etra]

"Hm?" Brendan looks around, and starts a bit. "Oh, of course, officer. Is there a problem?"

Recaiden
2010-01-21, 12:52 AM
[Etra]

You were acting rather suspiciously in your movements, avoiding coming in detailed scanning range. We'll have to ask you some questions and search for anything dangerous, as a precaution. Do you have any ID on you?

A mantis to Brendan's left looks over at him and tilts its eyes up in sympathy. Security can be so overdone.

Rebonack
2010-01-21, 01:02 AM
[Foothills]

Or maybe wings.

Because that's just what the Nexus needs.

Another PC with a pair of wings.

"Aaww come off it. They probably would have asked for things I can't part with anyway," Zee chides the Hunter whilst working on mending the various holes through important tissue layers. "I wouldn't ever give those thugs my wedding band and I'm sure they would have demanded it."

They would, too. Bunch of dirty braggarts!

"If anything I was just hoping to get them off guard a bit by complying at first. But... I guess it still worked out."

Too bad about killing so many of them... But when facing cut-throats...

Mr. Moon
2010-01-21, 01:04 AM
...So, do they use it in gun bullets or something? He also fails at every science, ever.

Jimmy just shakes his head and reaches into a nearby glovebox. Ah, forget this money crap. Who's up for Jump? He digs out a small dirty bottle filled with a number of pills, and gathers a few into his hand. Haven't gotten high in a while.

Allen pauses from looking over at Avalon thoughtfully, and baps Jimmy over the head once more, somewhat harder this time, the heels of his boots making a satisfying thwunk against the kid's head. "Not while you're in the driver's seat, idiot. Not after last time."

Allen had heard of gold, of course. He was old enough and had spent enough time tracking down ways to make a quick buck that the substance wasn't a complete mystery to him. Sold to old enough people who had enough money, gold could, evidently, fetch a pretty penny. When Avalon produces the rings, his lips fall from their usual cocky grin to a thoughtful line. "So that's what it looks like..." He observes, softly. Then, louder; "Where'd you get that from, Sweetheart? And more importantly, you have any jobs you need doing?"

The Bushranger
2010-01-21, 01:06 AM
[Etra]

"Ah. Sorry, I'm kinda new here...here." He fishes out a driver's license and hands it over...although it's undoubtably from nowhere they've ever seen...

Recaiden
2010-01-21, 01:09 AM
[Etra]

The guard looks at it skeptically. What is this supposed to be, some new Zendri nation? The other guard comes and waves some sort of metal-detector type wand over Brendan. It also looks for crystals.

Whether he has anything or not, I'm off to sleep. Goodnight.

The Bushranger
2010-01-21, 01:10 AM
[Etra]

"Actually, I'm from another universe..." Brendan says, having no crystals at all on his person.

((G'nite!))

Warpfire
2010-01-21, 01:14 AM
Well its either that or he becomes part of a romance plot. :smalltongue:

"I guess so," Jacob replies, only somewhat convinced. He looks from Zee to Mime.

"I owe you both my life. Thank you."

billtodamax
2010-01-21, 01:20 AM
Mime waves a hand, as if to say that it was nothing. He reaches down to offer Jacob a hand up.

He's right to keep traveling, yeah? It was only a crossbow bolt through the lungs.

Rebonack
2010-01-21, 01:37 AM
[Foothills]

Oh geeze... Don't even want to think about what kind of horrible mutations would be required to get Jacob sucked into a romance plot. He honestly doesn't seem like the sort for it. Way too much of a hard as nails hero loner sort of guy.

Can't ruin that loner image!

Zee just laughs at the Hunter's thanks. "And of course you're welcome! We're out here as an Adventuring Party! It's our job to save each others lives at every daring turn we make. It comes with the territory."

Thankfully she has plenty of experience in this particular field of study.

Then the Mime starts offering hands. Zee bites her lip.

"Eerr... We've already been walking for quite a while. It might be a good idea to rest up here for a little bit at least."

billtodamax
2010-01-21, 01:44 AM
Mime looks at her for a second then nods.

He starts to make up a mime bed. Then he'll attempt to lift Jacob and put him on it.

It might be a tad unnerving sleeping a foot off the ground resting on apparently nothing.

He'll make up another for Zee, before rolling out a sleeping bag for himself and lying on the ground.

What?

He wasn't gonna be lying on something a foot above the ground that he might forget about at any moment.

Recaiden
2010-01-21, 07:48 AM
[Etra]

The man gets out his list of approved off-universe people, checks Brendan against the picture on it, and nods. "Alright. You can go."

EleventhHour
2010-01-21, 09:15 AM
[SSSF]

And Slythyia manages to open the door through the torrent of electricity! Good for her! Wait, what's that up ahead? It looks like... a whole lot of security monitors. Wonder what thier all watching...
-

Ding! A factory floor full of machines. Ding! Ah, here we go. Top floor. Ahead of Mime is a balcony, with a man leaning heavily on it and looking down at the park. "Ah. One of our 'guests' have finally arrived?" He turns to face mime, looking only a bit more threatening than someone's elderly grandfather.
-

The guard mumbles a reply, and goes back to napping, leaving Arthur to wander between row after row of trucks, and to the door at the far end. And assuming he opens the door, there's a massive audiotorium like room behind it, with a... huge bottle, almost the size of a car.
-

To the Ferris Wheel! At the top you can see the entire park, and the lands of Outside around it for miles! It's a slow ride, though, like any Ferris Wheel, especially since this one has a good three dozen seats to alternate through...

AmberVael
2010-01-21, 10:31 AM
Allen pauses from looking over at Avalon thoughtfully, and baps Jimmy over the head once more, somewhat harder this time, the heels of his boots making a satisfying thwunk against the kid's head. "Not while you're in the driver's seat, idiot. Not after last time."

Allen had heard of gold, of course. He was old enough and had spent enough time tracking down ways to make a quick buck that the substance wasn't a complete mystery to him. Sold to old enough people who had enough money, gold could, evidently, fetch a pretty penny. When Avalon produces the rings, his lips fall from their usual cocky grin to a thoughtful line. "So that's what it looks like..." He observes, softly. Then, louder; "Where'd you get that from, Sweetheart? And more importantly, you have any jobs you need doing?"

Avalon rolls her eyes at Jimmy and turns her attention to Allen, who seems much more sensible.
"This? I am afraid I do not remember. Once you have thousands of something it becomes hard to recollect where each one originated from, after all."
She twirls the ring on her fingertip, and then slides it back on.

"I do not have any particular need to employ others at the moment."
By which she more likely means that she has not yet been impressed by them, probably due to Jimmy's less than classy and knowledgeable nature.

The Bushranger
2010-01-21, 12:07 PM
[Etra]

The man gets out his list of approved off-universe people, checks Brendan against the picture on it, and nods. "Alright. You can go."

"Thank you, Officer." Brendan nods, smiling. "My apologies for causing you inconvienence. Do you know how long until the ceremonies start?"

---

[SSSF]

To the Ferris Wheel! At the top you can see the entire park, and the lands of Outside around it for miles! It's a slow ride, though, like any Ferris Wheel, especially since this one has a good three dozen seats to alternate through...

Eileen doesn't mind the slowness, kicking back and enjoying herself. Torwards the top of the ride, though, she frowns a little.

Ferris wheels are best enjoyed with somebody else...

Shaking it off, she looks around, enjoying the view - admittedly, with a trained eye.

iElf
2010-01-21, 01:15 PM
the cliffs

after staying in the camp on the beach for a few more days, din decided that it was time to find somewhere to stay, or something to do. She had found a small path leading up the cliffs nearby that the kind woman with the purple hair had pointed her in the direction in. after a half hour climb, she reached the top of the cliff, looking out on a field of beach grass, bent with theforce of the wind from the sea....

Artemis97
2010-01-21, 01:27 PM
[Grasslands]

Eva's eyes go wide. "Thousands? Wow, that's really somethin' Miss. And if you ever are needin' someone, Allen here's the best shot I've ever seen." Maybe Avalon didn't need to hire anyone now, but sooner or later, she might need their help. It never hurt to network.

Gnrlshrimp
2010-01-21, 01:38 PM
[SSSF]

Slythynia stays put for a minute or two, breathing heavily, letting her vampiric healing take care of the worst of her wounds. Once she's confident she's recovered enough she heads forward to take a look at the monitors.

billtodamax
2010-01-21, 02:48 PM
[SSSF]

Ding! A factory floor full of machines. Ding! Ah, here we go. Top floor. Ahead of Mime is a balcony, with a man leaning heavily on it and looking down at the park. "Ah. One of our 'guests' have finally arrived?" He turns to face mime, looking only a bit more threatening than someone's elderly grandfather.

Mime waves happily to him. He tries to run over to him and look over the balcony with him, assuming the security guards don't stop him.

If they do stop him, well then they'll have a sulking Mime to deal with.

EleventhHour
2010-01-21, 06:11 PM
[SSSF]

It looks like a number of screens along the gaunlet that Slythyia just ran... but some of the other screens show parts of the park, and other show obstacles that she hasn't run into yet. On the little table they rest on, there's a cup of coffee with a tag attached that says, 'drink me.' Other than that, the room is pitch black, even to magical sight.
-

Mangrave stares at the mime, and nods for the guards to let him go. When Mime runs across to stare off the balcony, he can see down on the entire park, Ferris wheel, part of the mountain, and the milling people. It seems to be hanging out of midair, along a radio tower that was setup in one corner...
-

Not much to see out of the ordinary, even from up here! People happy, screams of delighted roller coaster terror... and Inside, covered in it's shield, smoke still floating above it.

Gnrlshrimp
2010-01-21, 06:29 PM
[SSSF]

Slythynia looks over the screens and sighs. She knew it, she knew it! Someone has been watching her this whole time! No doubt they ran off as soon as she got near this room, and this little present must be her reward for getting this far.

Well, no way is she drinking the damn thing! She sets off through the darkness, arms outstretched, trying to feel her way around along the walls.

Okay, not working. Some time later she admits defeat, returns to the table, and stares at the coffee. "Huh, not even blood..." she sighs and takes a small sip, waiting to see what happens. It's not like she has much of a choice at this point.

blackouttwo
2010-01-21, 06:35 PM

Jimmy scowls and points at one of the computer screens. Auto-pilot's on. Here, get high and shut up. He tosses one of the pills to Allen, and one to Eva, before popping one of them himself.

[SSSF]

The guard mumbles a reply, and goes back to napping, leaving Arthur to wander between row after row of trucks, and to the door at the far end. And assuming he opens the door, there's a massive audiotorium like room behind it, with a... huge bottle, almost the size of a car.

Arthur moves to inspect the huge bottle, keeping an eye out for anything moving. He calls out to see if there's anyone here. Probably a bad move on his part. Hello?

Mr. Moon
2010-01-21, 07:30 PM
Smiling a tad at Eva's praise - Allen's ego, after all, did so love to be fed - and nods. "My rates, I'm sure you will find, are ver-"

The bounty hunter stops as a pill hits him in the side of the face, takes a breath, sighs, and hits Jimmy again. "God-dammit, you little snot, I told you, not while you're in the driver's seat!" Allen growls. He places his rifle carefully behind him, out of the way, and glances at Avalon and Eva. "One moment..."

And with that, Allen pulls his legs down from Jimmy's headrest, and leans forward to get a grip on the collar of the kid's shirt.

Recaiden
2010-01-21, 07:44 PM
[Etra]

The man looks at a pocketwatch.
"Around 6 minutes."

blackouttwo
2010-01-21, 08:02 PM
Jimmy gags and his eyes bug out. The car doesn't spin out of control. He spits the Jump pill out. The hell was that for!? I said the auto-pilot was on, rat jerk! He motions to his arms, and points at the wheel, pointing out he isn't directly controlling the car right now.

Warpfire
2010-01-21, 08:03 PM
Though that's entirely true, funnily enough the mercenary is still the most possible of Warpfire's active characters. Only because the other three are psychotic murderers of some variety, but still.

Jacob looks down at the ground a few feet below him. After a few moments of this he opens his mouth, doesn't say anything, then closes it again.

After a little bit more awkward silence, he finally says, "Well...thank you, but I think I'm going to go ahead and sleep on the ground."

With a little bit of difficulty he manages to pull a bedroll out of his pack of supplies and starts to unroll it.

"I'll take first watch," he volunteers.

Mr. Moon
2010-01-21, 08:20 PM
"Yeah, sure." Allen doesn't sound very believing. "Last time you said that, you nearly drove us into a canyon because you thought a ****ing rainbow was trapped in it!" Allen, of course, wasn't upset at the potential damage to his life, no. He was angry because Jimmy had nearly broken Allen's rifle.
And that was unacceptable.
"Give me the bottle."

blackouttwo
2010-01-21, 08:22 PM
Oh, **** you! Do you realize what I had to go through to get this?! Jimmy protests and puts the pills back in the glovebox, out of Allen's reach.

AmberVael
2010-01-21, 08:28 PM
Avalon smirks at the pair, amused by their interaction.
"What is it that you're fighting over, exactly?"

Lord Magtok
2010-01-21, 08:29 PM
[Valcano Minor]

She catches up with him, clambering along the cliffface beside him, "No, it's alright. I think you enjoy talking about things more than you do just sitting quietly with nature." She glances across at him, "Besides, if I don't keep distracting you, you'll probably just use that chunk of chrome to get back to trying to deal with everything at once."

Magtok nods, and tries to think about something other than the Modern Warfare 2 mission this mountain climbing excursion keeps reminding him of. That went rather poorly for the main character, if he remembers the level correctly.

Probably. So are we anywhere near far enough to set up camp yet? I don't think I can keep this up for too long, not without saving some breath for something other than blathering incessantly like this, anyways.

blackouttwo
2010-01-21, 08:46 PM
I want to get high, and he doesn't want me being high at the wheel. Even though I've rigged the auto-pilot! Jimmy glares at Allen and watches where the car's going in silence.

Artemis97
2010-01-21, 08:50 PM
[Grasslands]

"It's Jump." Eva explains, presuming the boys would still be arguing. "It's a drug. It's nice stuff. Makes you happy for a while, but you see stuff, too. So it's not too good for drivin'"

Mr. Moon
2010-01-21, 08:52 PM
Oh, **** you! Do you realize what I had to go through to get this?! Jimmy protests and puts the pills back in the glovebox, out of Allen's reach.

Allen sighs. "Do I care?" He growls. "Do I look like I care? Because I don't. I really, really don't." Allen tightens his grasp on Jimmy's collar, just enough to put some pressure on the kid's windpipe. "Give me the bottle. You can have it back later."

Rebonack
2010-01-21, 09:14 PM
Though that's entirely true, funnily enough the mercenary is still the most possible of Warpfire's active characters. Only because the other three are psychotic murderers of some variety, but still.

Jacob looks down at the ground a few feet below him. After a few moments of this he opens his mouth, doesn't say anything, then closes it again.

After a little bit more awkward silence, he finally says, "Well...thank you, but I think I'm going to go ahead and sleep on the ground."

With a little bit of difficulty he manages to pull a bedroll out of his pack of supplies and starts to unroll it.

"I'll take first watch," he volunteers.

Zee happily takes the invisible sleeping bag, though she has some trouble figuring out which end is the front and which is the back. No doubt because the thing is invisible.

Go figure.

Though eventually she gets it spread out and totally unzipped. Which... probably might strike those who know how to use such a thing as odd. Normally you sleep inside the bag, not on top of it.

Well, regardless, she settles down atop the thing and yaaaaawns wide. Impossibly wide. In fact, her whole form wavers and ripples and grows along with the yawn. And within a few moments there's a decently sized three headed hydra sitting there, built rather akin to a oriental dragon with a few two many heads and a reminiciently feminine build.

...she still even has her cloths on.

Though they've been replaced by her purple Hulk Pants! (and bra)
"I'll take the next watch," the middle head comments as she takes in a deep breath of the cool evening air. "Then you," and nods at the right head.

"What about me!" gushes the left cheerfully, sounding even more peppy than Zee normally does if that's even imaginable.

Meany shakes her head in reply. "Nope, you sleep through the night with Mime."

"Aaww..."

The Bushranger
2010-01-21, 09:14 PM
[Etra]

The man looks at a pocketwatch.
"Around 6 minutes."

"Ah. Thank you." Brendan smiles happily and nods in gratitude, before turning his attention to...well, where the ceremonies are to take place, his player presumes. :p

-----

[SSSF]

Not much to see out of the ordinary, even from up here! People happy, screams of delighted roller coaster terror... and Inside, covered in it's shield, smoke still floating above it.

And so Eileen settles back to enjoy her ride, closing her eyes and sighing to herself, feeling...lonely.

blackouttwo
2010-01-21, 09:32 PM
Jimmy lets out a strangled scream before scrambling to open the glovebox. Alright, alright! Leggo! He grabs the pill bottle and hands it off to Allen, trying to catch his breath even before Allen lets go.

Warpfire
2010-01-21, 10:23 PM
[Foothills]

Jacob raises his eyebrows at the transformation and subsequent conversation, then just kind of shrugs to himself. It's late and he recently almost died.

Grabbing up his bow, he goes and finds a good rock to sit against. Placing his bow on his knees and sticking a couple arrows point-first in the dirt, he settles in to keep watch.

"I'll wake you in a bit."

Next post, if Rebo has nothing planned.

Recaiden
2010-01-21, 10:27 PM
[Etra]

"Ah. Thank you." Brendan smiles happily and nods in gratitude, before turning his attention to...well, where the ceremonies are to take place, his player presumes. :p

The two men walk off, to go deal with the other members of Brendan's team. See, he was a distraction to remove the guard from their posts. At least they didn't completely fall for it and only moved 1/2 the team. Still, they might make an attempt to get by.

Presumable, the ceremony will be at the giant glowing building with the security and the crowd of people.

Mr. Moon
2010-01-21, 10:29 PM
Jimmy lets out a strangled scream before scrambling to open the glovebox. Alright, alright! Leggo! He grabs the pill bottle and hands it off to Allen, trying to catch his breath even before Allen lets go.

Smirking, Allen takes the bottle, putting it in one of his - rather large - pockets, the pills clattering softly against the plastic. "There you go, see? That wasn't so hard, now, was it?" He asks, patting Jimmy on the head and releasing his grip on the boy's collar. As he leans back, Allen return his rifle to it's place across his lap, and looks back at Avalon.

"Sorry about that, Sweetheart." He tells the noble woman, suddenly all business once more. "You said you weren't in need of my services. I didn't see any body guards when we picked you up. For a young lady of your... stature, that seems to be rather... unsafe."

The Bushranger
2010-01-21, 10:31 PM
[Etra]

The two men walk off, to go deal with the other members of Brendan's team. See, he was a distraction to remove the guard from their posts. At least they didn't completely fall for it and only moved 1/2 the team. Still, they might make an attempt to get by.

Presumable, the ceremony will be at the giant glowing building with the security and the crowd of people.

Just 'cause they're paranoid doesn't mean somebody isn't out to get them. :smalltongue:

And Brendan goes to make his way through the crowd to try and get a good view!

Recaiden
2010-01-21, 10:35 PM
[Etra]

Oh, someone is almost certainly out to get them. I don't know who, exactly. But someone.

Well, there's a building. It's really big, dome on the top, white pillars at the front. Lawn. Fountains on the lawn. Also flowers and bushes near it. Oh, and the entryway has started to glow, like the interior door does. And people are being quiet.

The Bushranger
2010-01-21, 10:54 PM
[Etra]

Glowding doorways...are they thinking with Portls?

Brendan finds a bush large enough to be a small tree, and goes to sit under it, watching the doorway and waiting, wondering when he'll see Ashna come out.

Recaiden
2010-01-21, 10:57 PM
[Etra]

Portals are too rare and expensive to use this frequently.

Well, so far there's just a bunch of kids coming out of the door. Dahlia, and 9 younger ones. One of which is a mantis, and at least one a shapeshifter. More might be, with their eyes disguised.
They all get in a semi-circle and say something short in Riol.
A large grey moon visibly is moving across the sky.

((Gone. Be back later, I think.))

The Bushranger
2010-01-21, 11:06 PM
[Etra]

Brendan rests his chin on his hand, and watches carefully, mentally cataloguing the words to look up later.

Recaiden
2010-01-22, 12:23 AM
[Etra]

He could ask Ash what they say.
And the moon goes in front of the noontime sun, and it's dark. Maria walks out from the building to stand behind the children. There is cheering and clapping and so on. Ashna and 3 other people walk out. One's a little boy, about 5 years old, wearing heavy robes. More celebration, etc., then quiet.

The Bushranger
2010-01-22, 12:32 AM
[Etra]

He plans to. :smallsmile:

And the eclipse gets admired, but not as much as Asnha does when she walks out, although he does manage to tear his eyes away long enough to take in the rest of the ceremony.

When the crowd goes quiet, he takes a breath, and waits, anticipating...something to happen.

Recaiden
2010-01-22, 12:38 AM
[Etra]

Eeep. :smalleek:

That's silly. I mean, she doesn't look totally out of place, she's had practice, but it's just Ashna. Look at the person being appointed here.

Dahlia and the little 5 year old who needs an intermediate title step forward. She holds out a squiggly gold scepter, which he puts a hand on, and starts reciting what is presumably some oath of office, which he repeats.
She lets go of the scepter and steps back behind everyone else.

James comes forward. Feathered wings, reptilian humanoid from that book.
He says a charge of the office to the boy, who gives a short affirmative statement. He lifts up the scepter, which is promptly struck by a bolt of white lightning. Sound of thunder follows. This was apparently expected. They are all standing unharmed, unafraid.

This may be a great chance for someone to kill a bunch of important Etrans.
Luckily the guard caught the rest of Brendan's team of assassins.

The Bushranger
2010-01-22, 12:42 AM
[Etra]

And he'd have gotten away with it, too, if it weren't for those meddling kids!

Brendan watches the ceremony, his eyes going a bit wide at the lightning strike, half-rising before he realises that was in the script. Silly dramatic magic he still has trouble sometimes getting used to! :P

Recaiden
2010-01-22, 12:46 AM
[Etra]

Don't be silly. They're still in Tower city, watching this on the TV's politics channel.

Ashna comes up, gives a slightly longer charge. Same 'yes' response.
Scepter lifted, to have flames cover it and spread across the child before vanishing. Again, part of the script.

Nameless Kalay representative comes forward, gives 3rd charge, it's accepted, and it starts to snow all across the area. Out of a clear sky. Most likely, part of the script.

The Bushranger
2010-01-22, 12:49 AM
[Etra]

TC-Span!

Brendan was more expecting the flames, and will try to flash a broad smile in Ashna's direction if she happens to glance his way.

The snow...
...well, he really can't resist, after the initial surprise wears off, trying to catch some of it on his tongue. :smalltongue:

Lex-Kat
2010-01-22, 12:53 AM
{In the Shadow-Realm, between GLoG and NO}

Bianca releases Magtok's hand. Now, tell me how you plan to bring Happy back to life.

Recaiden
2010-01-22, 12:55 AM
[Etra]

What's the 'T' for?

Ashna smiles, maybe from seeing him, maybe from something else.

That one mantis goes to knock Brendan on the shoulder and chitter a quick but intelligible "What do you think you're doing?"
To Brendan, the snow should be quite painful to touch anyway. It doesn't get on well with other universes.

At the temple's front, once the snow stops falling, a large mirror is brought in front of the kid, who smashes it with the scepter. As scripted.

Lex-Kat
2010-01-22, 01:14 AM
[Volho Lake]

And so Quinn takes the controls and, still rather fuzzy-headed, plots a course in the direction of the Island!
And I forgot.....

Quinn arrives at Gersemi's Isle. It's night time. and she can see a light coming from the cottage in the distance.

The Bushranger
2010-01-22, 01:33 AM
((*flails at DSL*))

[Etra]

Tower City, of course. :smalltongue:

Brendan winces at the sting on his tongue, and turns to his insectoid query-er. [size=1]"Sorry. Instinctive response to snow."

---

[Gersemi's Isle]

Quinn will either tie up or beach the boat, then climb ashore, rubbing her head where she got konked before starting in the direction of the cottage.

Lex-Kat
2010-01-22, 01:38 AM
{Gersemi's Isle}

As there is no place to tie it, I guess she beaches it.

the light of the cottage looks inviting. Warm even.

There is no noise coming from within.

Also, as she get's closer, she will notice the barn sitting about 15 yards behind the cottage.

The Bushranger
2010-01-22, 01:40 AM
[Gersemi's Isle]

Beach ho!

Quinn does notice the barn, and smiles, the warmth making her feel at home as she heads up to the door, pauses, then softly knocks.

Lex-Kat
2010-01-22, 02:19 AM
{Gersemi's Isle}

Who is it? A female voice quietly calls out. Footsteps can be heard approaching the door.

The Bushranger
2010-01-22, 02:31 AM
[Gersemi's Isle]

"I'm Quinn, I'm a friend of Melody's?" the brunette paladin calls out in a friendly voice.

Lex-Kat
2010-01-22, 02:40 AM
{Gersemi's Isle}

How can I be sure you are who you say you are? she asks.

The Bushranger
2010-01-22, 02:42 AM
[Gersemi's Isle]

Quinn bites her lip, considering, then speaks. "I am the Champion of Neirian, a Paladin, and my word, when given, if my bond. I give you my word that I am who I say, and that I come in peace and friendship."

EleventhHour
2010-01-22, 07:15 AM
[Valcano Minor]

She keeps going on up, then looks across and grins, "This next ledge looks big enough..." And a few minutes later she's scrambling up on it, kicking dirt and rocks off in her wild attempt to impersonate some wall climbing assassin... oh wait, she is a wall climbing assassin... "Quick, Magtok! You're going to miss it!"
------

[SSSF]

Whoa. Is the room spinning? And it's so brightly lit with swirling colours! And there's people dressed up in rabbit suits climbing out of the floor! ...psychadelic rabbit suits of rainbow, with carrots. Carrots don't normally have handles or triggers, do they?
-

Noone anwsers, and amazingly, nothing goes horribly wrong, either. In fact as he gets closer he can see into the thick glass of the bottle, and there's a little person in it that looks suspiciously like... Molly!

((It isn't. Shush.))
-

"Come now, Toymaker. The boss wants you to see how all your work is turning out." The goon motions to the elevator door that just opened from the wall. Phew. It's been a while since anyone bothered doing anything but watch you work on that machine...
-

Unfortunately for Eileen, the fair with it's dancing lights, it's happy people, the food, the cheer, and things always in motion is the worst place to be when you're lonely. Because when you have people all around you, and the world seems to be doing something else, that's when you're truely alone...

Recaiden
2010-01-22, 07:29 AM
[Etra]

TCC-SPAN, then.:smalltongue:

Usselesss tourisstss. it mutters, turning away.
And the extra people are going back into the temple. Leaving the eleven kids and Maria. Dahlis steps forward and says something, making a speech.

Gnrlshrimp
2010-01-22, 11:25 AM
[SSSF]

Slythynia staggers backwards, the cup falling out of her hand and clattering to the floor. Rabbits...colours...no, rabbit costumes...are they? The room swims around her, the bright colours almost painful in comparison to the darkened world she's used to. She can see through darkness fine, but it dulls the world, so something like this...

She holds her forehead with one hand, using the other to steady herself against a wall.

...those carrots look a little funny.

The Bushranger
2010-01-22, 03:15 PM
[Etra]

TCC-SPAN, then.:smalltongue:

Usselesss tourisstss. it mutters, turning away.
And the extra people are going back into the temple. Leaving the eleven kids and Maria. Dahlis steps forward and says something, making a speech.

:smalltongue:

Brendan has to chuckle a little, and moves back under the tree for a bit of shelter, leaning against it as he listens to the speech, trying to memorise as many words as he can.

---

[SSSF]

Unfortunately for Eileen, the fair with it's dancing lights, it's happy people, the food, the cheer, and things always in motion is the worst place to be when you're lonely. Because when you have people all around you, and the world seems to be doing something else, that's when you're truely alone...

Indeed. :smallfrown:

As Eileen gets off the ferris wheel, she sighs, her earlier cheer mostly forgotten, and she wanders off in search of an ice cream vendor. Because while ice cream is also better when it's shared with somebody, it can help to pick somebody up when they're by themselves, too.

Lord Magtok
2010-01-22, 03:30 PM
[Valcano Minor]

She keeps going on up, then looks across and grins, "This next ledge looks big enough..." And a few minutes later she's scrambling up on it, kicking dirt and rocks off in her wild attempt to impersonate some wall climbing assassin... oh wait, she is a wall climbing assassin... "Quick, Magtok! You're going to miss it!"

Magtok hurries along, cheating a bit more, with some claw-like fingers on his metal hand to get a better grip on things, and a faint anti-gravity device implanted in his spine whenever he has a bit of difficulty in lifting himself up.

Miss what, the ledge? No. I mean, there's some odd stuff out here, but I really doubt the cliff's going to run away anytime soon.

Bianca releases Magtok's hand. Now, tell me how you plan to bring Happy back to life.

Magtok immediately wipes his hand against his robes, hoping the small gesture won't go noticed, but at the same time not wanting to have any sort of poisons or filth or whatever else this person undoubtedly tied to Happy's death might get on his hands.

It's a standard holy magic spell, isn't it? A paladin is given the body, chants some divine gibberish, uses a diamond to focus the spell or something, and then everything's back in order. I'll just drop it into the Infirmary with a note and wait for someone to find it, and then Quinn or someone will deal with it.

iElf
2010-01-22, 03:37 PM
[the plains outside the city of inside]
*This world is weird* she thought to herself. *all those strange things. magic, technology I've never seen before. and no one really want's to explain either*. din heads outward in direction of the mountains, hoping to find some work, or an adventure out there.She is running at a steady pace, watching the mountains get closer.

EleventhHour
2010-01-22, 03:53 PM
[Valcano Minor]

Ah, Magtok! Up just in time, Elle gets him turned around as soon as he's on the ledge to look back out over what they just climbed... And the grass plains, the ocean off to one side, other mountains along where they are. It all glows with the soft amber of dusk, the sunset lighting snowy peaks in crimson, and dappling the waters with a swirling orange mirror of itself, the silhouette of trees and hills, sparkling rivers, the city of inside all shadow, smoke and angles, the little valley of GLoG just barely visible between towering mountains, Watchtower, NO, the dirthills of the Hives, the wasteland of PEACE, which lit up with a burst of flare for a moment...

"The world, Magtok. Not through satellite, camera or drone. Your own eyes. From somewhere you made it yourself." She smiles, still holding onto his shoulders, "And now... Night." The sun begins to sink, shadows thickening, the outlines becoming brighter as the world dims until... poof. It'll be another half-hour before the depth of night sets in truely, but it's the beginning of the twilight hours of darkness before a new day begins. "...We forgot to bring anything for a fire..."

Lord Magtok
2010-01-22, 06:26 PM
Valcano Minor

Magtok's red eye clicks, and turns green to reflect a shift to night-vision.

Fire...

Oh, umm...oh dear. He's just kinda spacing out, just staring and absorbing all of the shadowy everything below. You should probably poke him, just in case he-

Oh right, heat. Yeah, that might be an issue, given your lack of automated internal heating and stuff. Is any of the ammo flammable?

Nevermind the poking, he's turned his back to that pretty horizon, and it look's like he's back in reality.

Rebonack
2010-01-22, 07:01 PM
[Foothills]

Jacob raises his eyebrows at the transformation and subsequent conversation, then just kind of shrugs to himself. It's late and he recently almost died.

Grabbing up his bow, he goes and finds a good rock to sit against. Placing his bow on his knees and sticking a couple arrows point-first in the dirt, he settles in to keep watch.

"I'll wake you in a bit."

Next post, if Rebo has nothing planned.

Huh...

The Mime must have been really sleepy to pass out so quickly. Ah well. The show must go on!

Zee coils up in a tight ball and before long each of the heads snoozing away, her scaled flanks peacefully rising and falling. The cold doesn't seem to bother her all that much. Which is strange considering the fact that she's apparently an enormous reptile. Though should anyone feel compelled to venture close they're discover that the hydra seems to be internally heated.

It's the elemental steam energy that permeates her. Makes the critter function like a giant hot water bottle.

The sun slowly sets and thick clouds settle over the land. Thankfully they don't drop any snow or rain and do a decent job of keeping the night a little bit warmer. The downside, however, is that the stars are impossible to see.

Strange birds squawk at each other, huge black birds. With nasty looking yellow beaks and cruel claws. As hours pass more and more of the pests gather on rocks and trees and circling overhead.

Recaiden
2010-01-22, 07:09 PM
[Etra]

Speech continues, and concludes. Bright flash of light, people walking back into their building, moon starting to move out from in front of the sun, crowd dispersing.

The Bushranger
2010-01-22, 08:28 PM
[Etra]

And Brendan waiting and wondering if he should walk up to the building, or if that would attract more security attention. :smalltongue:

Once most of the crowd has dispersed, however, that's what he does.

Recaiden
2010-01-22, 08:33 PM
[Etra]

No. The security was to protect the crowd.

Although there are a pair of people now standing by the door. You can't just walk in to see these people. At the very least, he's here at the wrong time.

Petitions are heard every Kiebsday, from 13:00 P.M. to 5:00 P.M.

They block the entryway and one of them asks. Yes? May we help you, ser?

Lex-Kat
2010-01-22, 08:35 PM

Magtok immediately wipes his hand against his robes, hoping the small gesture won't go noticed, but at the same time not wanting to have any sort of poisons or filth or whatever else this person undoubtedly tied to Happy's death might get on his hands.

It's a standard holy magic spell, isn't it? A paladin is given the body, chants some divine gibberish, uses a diamond to focus the spell or something, and then everything's back in order. I'll just drop it into the Infirmary with a note and wait for someone to find it, and then Quinn or someone will deal with it.
Bianca doesn't seem to notice the hand wiping. But what if the body is without a head, will the resurrection still work?

Bianca moves away from Magtok, in an attempt to keep out of grabbing distance.

{Gersemi's Isle}

The door opens a crack and two pale green eyes look out at Quinn. Who's Neirian?

The Bushranger
2010-01-22, 08:38 PM
[Etra]

"Ah, I was wondering if people were allowed to come in, I have a...well, my fiancée was part of the ceremony, you see." Brendan smiles at the guards.

----

[Gersemi's Isle]

"Goddess of Pixies, Butterflies, and Death," Quinn promptly answers. "Who selected me to be her Champion after I defeated her previous, evil incarnation."

Recaiden
2010-01-22, 08:42 PM
[Etra]

Hadn't heard that. But you believe you're telling the truth, so come in. Unless you meant the old Tenth, who doesn't really seem the type to go get married the day she turns 16 anyway. On the off chance she has, she's still busy.
The guard steps aside to let him in.

The Bushranger
2010-01-22, 08:48 PM
[Etra]

"Er, no, I don't think that's her," Brendan chuckles a little, nodding in gratitude. "Thank you, sirs." And, walking into the building, he takes a look around, before realising he probably should have asked where inside it to find Ashna. :smalltongue:

Lord Magtok
2010-01-22, 08:48 PM

Bianca doesn't seem to notice the hand wiping. But what if the body is without a head, will the resurrection still work?

Bianca moves away from Magtok, in an attempt to keep out of grabbing distance.

Magtok frowns, and takes a step towards Bianca with an icy stare trying to bear down on her.

Just what are you suggesting?

Recaiden
2010-01-22, 08:55 PM
[Etra]

Not even sure who he's marrying. Poor guy.
Well, there's the sound of people talking to the right, a sealed door ahead of him, and a hallway to the left.

There's a spinning ball of metal wrapped in lightning floating in one corner, a giant purple crystal in another, and a large book on a pedestal in the room's center.

The Bushranger
2010-01-22, 08:58 PM
[Etra]

Brendan chuckles and decides it's funnier to let them think that, and, pondering, decides to go and check out the crystal, being curious about things like that. Seeing as how he's emphatic.

Recaiden
2010-01-22, 09:02 PM
[Etra]

It's rather large, coming to a point at the top and bottom, like an irregular, elongated 10-sided die, perhaps, floating a few feet off the ground. It glows faintly, the light pulsing in a manner reminiscent of a beating heart.
The air around is cold.

Je dit Viola
2010-01-22, 09:12 PM
[Lone Hill]

The light was burning, everything flashed through her eyes. There it happened, in an abandoned alley, alone, still warm. There it happened again, chill to the bone, a different alley but the same circumstances. A third time. In the snow, not alone but watching the look of horror on your loved one's faces.

It's one thing to watch yourself die in your dreams. Seeing it happens three different ways is even worse. Knowing that really happened is even worse.

It's quite another to be standing at your own grave, looking down, knowing that your body's buried in there. Lying at the bottom of your grave. You pinch yourself to make sure you're still alive. You reflect. Your face goes pale, but still more full of blood than it used to be.

A lone figure walks in silence from her grave.

The Bushranger
2010-01-22, 09:17 PM
[Etra]

Fascinated, Brendan crosses his arms over his chest to put his hands under his arms to keep them warm, and studies it. "Fascinating. Some kind of psicrystal?" he muses to himself.

---

[Lone Hill]

The wind whistles through the trees on the hillside, lonely and cold, cutting to the bone.

Lex-Kat
2010-01-22, 09:19 PM
{Gersemi's Isle}

A resounding thunderclap explodes over their heads as Quinn mentions the last part.

Seemingly out of nowhere, it begins to rain. Quinn will hear in her mind, possibly.... Don't forget what is secret, Champion.

What was that last part?? The woman calls out over the storm.

Bianca takes a step back, pulling out two long curved daggers seemingly out of nowhere.

She glares at Magtok as she takes a defensive stance. I'm suggesting, that the one who hired me wanted Happy's head. I am willing to help you get it back, if it is needed for the cerimony.

Recaiden
2010-01-22, 09:19 PM
[Etra]

Shhh. It's sleeping. Slowly revolving, the pulse of the light even and soft. Many facets of it throwing off each a slightly warped reflection. So no seeing through it. The color changes from darker to lighter purple, back lower left to front upper right.

((Bye. Be back later.))

EleventhHour
2010-01-22, 09:21 PM
[Valcano Minor]

She looks a little concerned when he spaces out a was just about to poke him... Magtok gets an irritated glance when he finally comes back to paying attention. "You were using your connections in your head, weren't you?" She continues looking at him sadly, and anwsers his next suggestion. "Yeah. But it would also have the tendency to explode if on fire."

The Bushranger
2010-01-22, 09:27 PM
[Etra]

Brendan finds himself almost becoming hypnotised by the patterns...

((Later!))

---

[Gersemi's Isle]

Quinn jumps a bit, then bows her head. "My apologies, my Lady," she whispers, before looking back up and speaking loud enough to be heard. "I...assisted my Goddess in a delicate matter, and received my assignment as her Champion for that."

She hopes that's discreet enough while still answering the question.

Lord Magtok
2010-01-22, 09:30 PM
In the Shadow-Realm, between GLoG and NO

A confession. A straight-out confession, and admission to being the one to commit the kill. Let's play this carefully Magtok, you don't want this key piece of information never finding its way to the MagComputer databank simply because you were stupid enough to die in the shadowy plane thingy.

Then in that case, for safety's sake, let's assume that it is needed. Am I going to have to pay extra for this?

Valcano Minor

No I...well I was, but just for a second, to look at the flare by PEACE, and everything's going fine. The rest was looking at the view. And that's-

See? Told ya she was just trying to get in your robes. I mean, this is almost exactly the "I'm freezing cold, let's cuddle" scenario I mentioned earlier in the Aux's armory, only without the immediate threat to anyone's life part.

-too bad. Think you'll be okay with both sleeping bags, then?

Gee, that was real subtle, cyborg.

happyturtle
2010-01-22, 09:31 PM
[SSSF]

"Come now, Toymaker. The boss wants you to see how all your work is turning out." The goon motions to the elevator door that just opened from the wall. Phew. It's been a while since anyone bothered doing anything but watch you work on that machine...

Fitzhenry picks up Molly, carrying her on one hip as she snuggles sleepily into his shoulder, and heads for the elevator.

blackouttwo
2010-01-22, 09:39 PM
[SSSF]
Noone anwsers, and amazingly, nothing goes horribly wrong, either. In fact as he gets closer he can see into the thick glass of the bottle, and there's a little person in it that looks suspiciously like... Molly!

((It isn't. Shush.))

Arthur walks over, surprised to see her down here. Molly? I thought you were wound down. How'd you get down here? Something doesn't seem right...

EleventhHour
2010-01-22, 09:50 PM
[Valcano Minor]

She continues staring at him sadly, "Couldn't even go a day..." She mutters, and turns away, pulling one sleeping bag then the other out of the sack, as if somehow tearing them out angrily was going to make a point, somehow. She doesn't bother even ratifying the last part, and curls up in one, pointedly rolled toward the cliff face.
-

[SSSF]

The walls stop spinning, but everything remains in cheery swirling colours, in fact they seem to be getting brighter, except the 'rabbits' who awkwardly try to prance around, but keeping their carrots in her general direction and staying the same pattern of coloured twists. A small man with a top hat, cards sticking out of the top, offers her a cup of tea.
-

Ding! Top fllor, Fitzhenry. Looks like you're expected to join the old man and... Mime... at the balcony, by the look of the guards at the other door who stare stoicly ahead.
-

"SURPRISE!" Ugh! It's a short little goon in a shoddy copy of Molly's dress with his peg leg more obvious now. He grins wildly, wonder why he's so cheery... Click. Oh. It might be those henchmen behind you with guns.

Lex-Kat
2010-01-22, 09:50 PM
{Gersemi's Isle}

It continues to rain.

Come inside, out of the rain. The woman calls out and opens the door for Quinn to enter.

She'll see two young girls run out of the adjoining room. Momma!! The call in unison.

Bianca smiles. I let something slip, didn't I? You had no proof, and I just gave it to you.

Fine. The deal is this. If I help you get her head back, you forget that I admitted to the crime, deal? Otherwise, we fight here and now.

((And I realized my slip, after I posted. So I figure she did too. :smallfrown:))

blackouttwo
2010-01-22, 09:54 PM
Arthur's blood runs cold as he realizes that he's just reached the most dangerous part of the job. He turns around to face the henchmen, and raises his arms into the air, trying to stay calm. Alright, alright, listen, easy with the guns. We can talk this out. Just put those away and listen to what I have to offer.

The Bushranger
2010-01-22, 10:02 PM
[Gersemi's Isle]

"Thank you." Quinn smiles and steps inside. "That storm came up suddenly, didn't it?"

For a moment, she starts at the girls' entrance, then smiles more, thinking of her own little girl.

Lord Magtok
2010-01-22, 10:11 PM

Magtok nods. This is the Shadow-Realm, a place where Bianca has a definite edge over him, even without factoring in his total uselessness in most combat situations.

Agreed. I didn't hear anything on our way to NO.

Valcano Minor

But I...

Magtok sighs, leaves the second bag out just in case Elly changes her mind, and then takes a seat with his palms on his knees. It's okay Magtok, you'll deal with it later. Or maybe just forget about it, and find something bright and happy to focus on tomorrow, something that won't disappoint either of you. But until then, it's time for sleep mode.

EleventhHour
2010-01-22, 10:29 PM
[Valcano Minor]

It's a while later, hours or minutes it's tough for Elle to tell. Magtok probably has an internal clock that tells him outright that it's been about fifty-two minutes... There's a shuffling noise. You know, that annoying shuffle that only a sleeping bag can make with it's extra sleek and almost frictionless outside, and the crinkly 'warm' liner inside... Her arms wrap around his neck, too tired to bother getting out of the sleeping bag, or even to stand up any more than was nessecary to crawl over. "Going to bed at all?" She sounds less hurt now, but still in the blues.

Lex-Kat
2010-01-22, 10:29 PM
{Gersemi's Isle}

The girls quickly run to her and wrap themselves around her legs, almost causing her to lose her balance.

Thye both stare up at Quinn, their eyes wide with fear. Who is she momma? Is she gonna take you away again?

These are my daughters. Estia, she pats the older ones head. and Lyanna. she does the same to the younger one.

My name is Jezebelle. Melody isn't here at the moment. I'm afraid I don't know where she went. She didn't leave a message.

(Estia is the one who spoke.)

Okay then. Here is the body at least. She steps back, putting the swords away.

Behind her, it looks as if a black curtain pulls away from the already blackness of the world. It's almost imperceptible.

There, laying on the floor as if resting, is Happy's body, minus the head.

Just so you know, I didn't really wish to do it. But if I didn't, then she might have hired someone with less finesse. I tried to give Happy a peaceful death. She never knew what happened.

The Bushranger
2010-01-22, 10:34 PM
"Hello," Quinn smiles warmly at the girls, waving a little. "I'm not here to take your mommy anywhere, I'm here to visit a friend. I'm Quinn. It's good to meet you."
Straigtening, she nods to Jezebelle, looking concerned but still smiling. "And you as well. I actually came on behalf of her mother..."

Lord Magtok
2010-01-22, 10:40 PM
[Valcano Minor]

It's a while later, hours or minutes it's tough for Elle to tell. Magtok probably has an internal clock that tells him outright that it's been about fifty-two minutes... There's a shuffling noise. You know, that annoying shuffle that only a sleeping bag can make with it's extra sleek and almost frictionless outside, and the crinkly 'warm' liner inside... Her arms wrap around his neck, too tired to bother getting out of the sleeping bag, or even to stand up any more than was nessecary to crawl over. "Going to bed at all?" She sounds less hurt now, but still in the blues.

Magtok shakes his head slightly, his knees and arms twitching a bit from a combination of the cold and a slight unease tied to having someone anywhere near him at this late hour.

'm sleeping like this. Told you, automated heating thingy inside, it'll keep me warm enough.

Magtok stoops over and nudges the corpse's side with a finger, as if testing to see if it's really what she claims it to be, despite having no reason to think otherwise.

Thank you.

Recaiden
2010-01-22, 10:43 PM
[Etra]

Brendan finds himself almost becoming hypnotised by the patterns...

((Later!))

The crystal continues to slow spin. It could do so forever, if left alone. But there cones a particularly loud *crack* from the lightningbound machine across the room. Perhaps Brendan will notice this, and act.

The Bushranger
2010-01-22, 10:46 PM
[Etra]

The ommminous crackage does indeed tear Brendan's attention away from the crystal, and he spins around torwards the lightning machine in startlement. Ready to duck!

Recaiden
2010-01-22, 10:52 PM
[Etra]

No, it's not exploding or anything. There's still a rather tarnished metal sphere, covered in spikes and protrusions, apparently held up by arcs of electricity connecting it to a rod extending from the floor. The sphere continues spinning and twisting, and if he watches carefully, he can see the patches of rust grow and shrink and move.

The Bushranger
2010-01-22, 10:55 PM
[Etra]

Brendan's player is promptly reminded of those IllumaStorm thingies RadioShack sold.

Brendan is reminded too. :smalltongue:

He watches it for a moment before shaking his head and turning torwards where he hears people talking.

Recaiden
2010-01-22, 10:57 PM
[Etra]

The moment Brendan stops looking at it, a whole little patch of rust vanishes, and the electricity dims almost imperceptibly.

Well, there's a door. Behind it there's a hallway. Maybe he could recognize Ash's voice way off behind it, but it's doubtful at this distance.

The Bushranger
2010-01-22, 11:05 PM
[Etra]

But since he isn't looking at it, does it still happen? :smalltongue:

Probably not, but he keeps heading in that direction, smiling when he does get close enough to recognise it.

Recaiden
2010-01-22, 11:08 PM
[Etra]

Yes. And it's not like one of those plasma lightning globe Illuma-Storm things, sadly.

Brendan will probably hear the voices from behind the 3rd door to the left.
((Deadtime. Be back sooner.))

Lex-Kat
2010-01-22, 11:16 PM
{Gersemi's Isle}

Gersemi?

Yeah well, if I'd been smarter, I would have talked to you. Seen if we could clone Happy and then killed the clone.

But instead, I did it my way, and almost got myself killed. I must be getting old.

The Bushranger
2010-01-22, 11:21 PM
[Gersemi's Isle]

Quinn shakes her head. "Er...no. Happy Amikirr."

---

[Etra]

Brendan stands at the door, and knocks.

((Later!))

Recaiden
2010-01-23, 12:03 AM
[Etra]

Cali opens the door. Hello, c-. Azna? she asks, turning to look over her shoulder. Because Ashna's in that direction. As are James and the Kalay person and an assortment of others, sitting by tables mostly, talking.

The Bushranger
2010-01-23, 12:08 AM
[Etra]

Brendan nods, smiling at Cali. "I'm not interrupting anything, am I?' he asks, looking up and smiling broadly in Ashna's direction.

Recaiden
2010-01-23, 12:12 AM
[Etra]

Not that I know of. Nothing going on to be interrupted. She says, as quickly as normal for her. Ashna gets up and walks over to them, smiling happily.
What took you so long?

The Bushranger
2010-01-23, 12:16 AM
[Etra]

"Sorry. I found some interesting stuff to look at on the way here. I think I lost track of time staring at the crystal thing," Brendan admits sheepisly, smiling back and going to put an arm around Ashna's shoulders to hug her.