PDA

View Full Version : Righty's Mass Spells & Sorcery Add-on [3.5][PEACH]

Righty
2010-01-20, 01:13 PM
This thread was created in response to recent confusion over the use of my spells in the FFRP threads. So, I'll be using this thread to explain and list a massive set of spells, so that they are usable for others. These come in four sets.

Arcane Arts: Arcane Arts are essentially advanced spells that exceed Lvl 9. They are however, listed at lvls 1-9 because unlike regular spells, they require 2 spell slots to cast. Having to use two spell slot is the only downside to these spells because the benefits of arcane arts greatly outweigh and outclass regular spells. These spells are also much harder to block or avoid than regular magic. Arcane Arts are only usable by Sorcerers and Wizards when either class reaches Lvl 5. The only other way to use these spells is by using scrolls.

Divine Arts: Divine Arts act differently from regular spells and are accessible for use by Paladins, Clerics, Rangers, Wizards, and Sorcerers that are LG, LN, NG, and CG. These spells are categorized in power between lvls 1-9 and are essentially are spells casted from the borrowed power of the characters given deity. Whatever lvl your character is determine how many divine spells they can use daily.(i.e. Lvl 2 character get 2 lvl 1 spells or 1 Lvl 2 spells). Clerics and Paladins have acess to these spells at lvl 1, while Wizards, Sorcerers, and Ranger must be at least Lvl 5 to use them.

Demonic Arts: Demonic Arts are the exact opposite of Divine Arts. These spells are usable by Paladins, Clerics, Rangers, Wizards, and Sorcerers that are LE, NE, CN, and CE. Like Divine Arts they are categorized in between lvls 1-9 and channel spells directly from evil deity that character has. When a character uses these spells, instead of them being limited to using the spells according to a number of spells slots or their level, they lose HP depending on the level of the spell.(i.e. One lvl 3 spell costs 3 HP.) When that character HP drops below 10, that character can no longer use a Demonic Art. Clerics and Paladins have acess to these spells at lvl 1, while Wizards, Sorcerers, and Ranger must be at least Lvl 5 to use them.

Elemental Arts: Elemental Arts are spells are capable directly or indirectly creating or manipulating wildlife and even the landscape. These spells can only be used in areas where nature and/or wildlife is present, so cities, extraplanar dimensions are no-go zones. Druids, and Rangers can use Elemental Arts at Lvl 1, while Wizards, and Sorcerers must wait till lvl 5 to use them.

Demonic Arts HP Cost Chart
Courtesy of Siosilvar
{table=head]Level|HP Cost
1|1
2|2
3|4
4|8
5|13
6|18
7|25
8|32
9|41[/table]

Notice:I will start putting up the spell lists this weekend or whenever I'm able.

DracoDei
2010-01-20, 01:53 PM
These spells categorize between lvls 1-9 and essentially involve as the use of the spell set states divine magic taken directly from the deity that character has. Depending on the lvl of the character determines how many divine spells that character can use in a day.
This part seems grammatically garbled to me.

Righty
2010-01-20, 03:53 PM
I was at school posting this while watching for teachers.:smallbiggrin: I'll fix it

Siosilvar
2010-01-20, 05:36 PM
Why offer Wizards Divine and Elemental Arts?
Why not offer Rangers any of them? Divine, Demonic, and Elemental would be fitting.

Demonic Arts only being limited by HP is okay, but 1 HP per spell level is VERY low. I'd suggest (n^2) / 2, rounded up, at least.
{table=head]Level|HP Cost
1|1
2|2
3|4
4|8
5|13
6|18
7|25
8|32
9|41[/table]

Righty
2010-01-22, 11:55 PM
Alright so here just a few Arcane Spells that are I have already used before in FFRP.

{table=head]Name|Spell Lvl|Dmg|Range|Details
Flash Teleport|1|None|40ft +10ft every lvl|Counts as a Movement.
Armor Rusting|1|AC falls 1d4+1 every 2 lvls|35ft from target|Aura surrounds enemy rusting armor and/or softening skin.
Manacraft, Tiny|1|None|N/A|Create up to 5 pounds of solidified mana.[/table]