PDA

View Full Version : Looking for hardware/software

Dr.Epic
2010-01-24, 08:36 AM
So the title pretty much says it all. I'm looking for some cheap tech gear. I need a printer/scanner and I'd like to spend less than $100 for it. I've done some searching online and they come pretty cheap (the lowest I found were only like $60). I'm just not sure how good they are. Does any one have a printer/scanner or know someone that has one that they paid around the same price for? Also I need a scanner far more than I need a printer so if you guys think I could save a lot more by just buying a regular scanner tell me and maybe list some cheap ones I could buy.

As for the software I looking to buy a bunch of computer programs (photoshop, dreamweaver) and I heard if you buy these in a bundle you can save money. Anyone know about any of these deals? Also I'm looking for a program that lets me take quicktime movies and write them to CD so they can be played on a DVD player.

Thanks to anyone that can help.

Lupy
2010-01-25, 05:40 PM
How about this? (http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4537649&CatId=21)

It's refurbished, but it got good reviews and it's 40 bucks.

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2010-01-25, 06:33 PM
If you're looking to be cheap, then I'd just get the scanner. Inkjet ink is not a cheap thing. That, and every inkjet I've ever owned has turned out to be complete and utter crap in a relatively short period of time. Unless you're prepared to spend a good chunk of change on a very good printer, I wouldn't even bother.

Dr.Epic
2010-01-25, 09:22 PM
If you're looking to be cheap, then I'd just get the scanner. Inkjet ink is not a cheap thing. That, and every inkjet I've ever owned has turned out to be complete and utter crap in a relatively short period of time. Unless you're prepared to spend a good chunk of change on a very good printer, I wouldn't even bother.

I can't seem to find any cheap devices that are just scanners. All of the scanner/printer combos I've seen are cheaper than just scanners. I might just go with the one Lupy suggested.