PDA

View Full Version : What are "viking daggers"?

Mystic Muse
2010-01-25, 09:51 PM
okay. I'm watching a spinoff show of Columbo called Mrs. Columbo and they keep mentioning a food called "Viking daggers"

What are Viking daggers?!?!?! This is driving me crazy! :furious:

reorith
2010-01-25, 09:58 PM
a type of pork sausage served cold with brown gravy. they're typically consumed for breakfast.

Coidzor
2010-01-25, 10:11 PM
Cold meat for breakfast always confuses me. Unless it's something made the night before and then let to cool overnight, it just seems like an extra thing to make one wait for the meat to cool after having to cook it to sanitize it.

Calenestel
2010-01-26, 02:10 AM
Cold meat for breakfast always confuses me. Unless it's something made the night before and then let to cool overnight, it just seems like an extra thing to make one wait for the meat to cool after having to cook it to sanitize it.

Sanitizing (is that how I should spell it?) was really an issue for the Vikings so... ;)

And anytime I've had cold meat of ANY kind for breakfast it has been prepared well ahead of time. Simplest that way.

Aure Entuluva!
Calenestel

The Extinguisher
2010-01-26, 02:39 AM

Pizza? If you're the kind of person who likes meat on your pizza, I suppose.

Coidzor
2010-01-26, 02:50 AM
Pizza? If you're the kind of person who likes meat on your pizza, I suppose.

Well, generally that's been prepared at some point prior to the morning it's consumed on. My brain was kind of failing on that point being the crux of it.

Maybe I was more weirded out by the gravy being cold and yet warm enough that it's not so congealed it can't be served.

...Maybe I just have a weird experience when it comes to gravy.

Dr.Epic
2010-01-26, 02:37 PM
Cold meat for breakfast always confuses me.

Does it confuse you more than...

http://8.media.tumblr.com/tBy9xflrtqtq8zda0ASKDfKMo1_400.jpg

...candy FOR breakfast?!?!?

Mystic Muse
2010-01-26, 02:42 PM
Does it confuse you more than...

http://8.media.tumblr.com/tBy9xflrtqtq8zda0ASKDfKMo1_400.jpg

...candy FOR breakfast?!?!?

yes. Yes it does.