PDA

View Full Version : Art project for school

Ra_Va
2010-01-26, 09:54 PM
Ok for school I need to make a tarot deck. Luckily I don't need to draw it I just need to develop the over all design of the cards. I need someone that can draw in the same style consistently, preferably in a colored anime or realistic looking style. You may sign your work if you wish.

For all those interested I would need sample work. I have the design of 'The Hierophant' already in my head. A skeleton wearing a white robe with red trim holding a glowing papal cross. The background being dark and churchy.

Phae Nymna
2010-01-26, 10:49 PM
Gimme details:
When's this due?
How many cards do you need to establish the "design"?
How much input do you want?

I'm up for this and I know the deck pretty well. I can hand draw then scan them into my computer.

My thoughts so far:
2 Major Arcana
4 Minor Arcana
2 of each Suit

Ra_Va
2010-01-27, 12:45 PM
Its due on the 30th of next month.

I talked with my teacher today and your list is fine, but i get extra credit if i do the whole deck (which i doubt you want to do).

I want a good amount of input but not limit your creative vision.

Phae Nymna
2010-01-29, 11:54 PM
Nifty. Post your requests for which major, minor, and court cards you want and I'll get to to work. An entire deck may be possible, but with Mardi Gras, I may either lose or gain ground.

In the mean time, I'm finding some good cotton paper and a felt tip pen. I'm thinking that if I draw them right they could be watercolored or edited via computer, but as for now, a black and white scheme fits my idea.

Ra_Va
2010-01-30, 01:13 PM
ok

'The Hierophant': A skeleton wearing a white robe with red trim holding a glowing papal cross. The background being dark and churchy.

The Magician: A heavily tattooed man with the head of a Stag. The tattoos being a neon color(if colored) and looking 'magical' in origin.

The Chariot: A roman looking chariot being carried by horses whose manes are made of fire.

The Hanged Man: A man being hung at gallows, his eyes being blind folded. Background is of an abandoned modern city.

The Emperor: A evil looking dragon sitting on a thrown. Surrounded by treasure.

Working on other cards

Phae Nymna
2010-01-30, 05:50 PM
Awesome Awesome Awesome! (Awesome!)

Starting work immediately.

Phae Nymna
2010-02-08, 05:28 PM
UPDATE: Feeling super stupid about calling Minor Arcana and Suits by two names while they are really just one thing. Anywho, cards are coming along nicely, but I was a bit of a klutz and I have to redo The Hanged Man.

Water-Smurf
2010-02-08, 08:30 PM
Ooh! This looks cool! I wish I had an assignment like that! (Or that I could draw...)

Could I see the cards once they're finished as well? Matter of interest. :D

Phae Nymna
2010-02-08, 10:34 PM
But of course! I'll just scan them and post them here.

Phae Nymna
2010-02-09, 11:50 PM
UPDATE: Should have scans by Saturday of the cards currently requested. Unfortunately, I have discovered my terrible inability to draw horses. I'm afraid your current idea for The Chariot is out of my realm. I can substitute other things though. In the mean time, I'll be sketching out The Lovers.

Szilard
2010-02-09, 11:54 PM
Its due on the 30th of next month.

There's only 28 days in February this year...

Maximum Zersk
2010-02-10, 03:52 PM
There's only 28 days in February this year...

That's what they WANT YOU THINK.

Ra_Va
2010-02-16, 08:57 PM
UPDATE: Should have scans by Saturday of the cards currently requested. Unfortunately, I have discovered my terrible inability to draw horses. I'm afraid your current idea for The Chariot is out of my realm. I can substitute other things though. In the mean time, I'll be sketching out The Lovers.

be free to substitute what you wish