PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Tongues

LibraryOgre
2010-01-28, 02:06 PM
If I cast Tongues on the Ranger's Animal Companion, would he be able to talk to us (within his limited mental abilities)?

arguskos
2010-01-28, 02:10 PM
Augh, the march of endless questions from Mark Hall marches on! :smalltongue:

Also, yes, it seems that would be the way it works, based on my reading of Tongues.

tyckspoon
2010-01-28, 02:13 PM
Yup. It'd have roughly the same effect as casting Speak With Animals.

sofawall
2010-01-28, 02:22 PM
Most people I know try to cast tongues on themselves, then talk to the animal. It only works the way you're suggesting.

But yes, it does work.

LibraryOgre
2010-01-28, 02:51 PM
Augh, the march of endless questions from Mark Hall marches on! :smalltongue:

Also, yes, it seems that would be the way it works, based on my reading of Tongues.

This happens when I make characters. I run ideas around until they come into the character.

arguskos
2010-01-28, 02:52 PM
This happens when I make characters. I run ideas around until they come into the character.
Fair enough. Though, at this point, when I see the latest post is in a thread with [PF] in the title, I say "hoo boy, Mark posted another question, time to see what's up". You go through a lot of characters. :smallwink:

LibraryOgre
2010-01-28, 03:21 PM
Fair enough. Though, at this point, when I see the latest post is in a thread with [PF] in the title, I say "hoo boy, Mark posted another question, time to see what's up". You go through a lot of characters. :smallwink:

Pretty much, yeah. My PF GM keeps telling me "Come up with a character, then come up with the stats for it." I point out that the last time I did that, his wife's paladin murdered me and a hundred of my soldiers... and the time before that, she drove me away for not liking drow, and objecting when they cast spells on me.

arguskos
2010-01-28, 03:26 PM
Pretty much, yeah. My PF GM keeps telling me "Come up with a character, then come up with the stats for it." I point out that the last time I did that, his wife's paladin murdered me and a hundred of my soldiers... and the time before that, she drove me away for not liking drow, and objecting when they cast spells on me.
...sounds like you need to have a sit down with him about his wife being difficult to work with in game. :smallsigh:

Also, I recommend your next character be a closet pyromaniac.

Hzurr
2010-01-28, 03:33 PM
See, at least in your 4E game, I have the common courtesy to kill your characters in combat! (Yes, the first round of combat, but it was still in combat!)