PDA

View Full Version : [4e] Big Trouble in Little Blackmoor

Limos
2010-01-28, 08:24 PM
Big Trouble in Little Blackmoor

You are one of the top Adventure Crews in the city. Solicitations for your service are numerous in quantity. Compensation, adequate. It is a balmy summer evening. You are feeling particularly hard boiled tonight.

Your office/barracks is a spartan affair. Modest wooden desk with a leather upholstered chair. On the desk is an old black rotary phone with brass fixtures, a tin flask of indeterminate contents and a stack of unpaid bills indicating that they are the fourth or fifth such notice and one which is stamped in large friendly letters CONTAINS DEATH THREAT. Perhaps when you said the Compensation was adequate you were exaggerating.

The walls of the office are undecorated except for a painting of an Elf on the eastern wall and your solid wooden door, complete with three bullet holes for extra grittiness. You have a single window on the south wall which has been boarded up after the third time a Kobold gang threw alchemist fire through it. There is a trapdoor on the floor next to your desk leading down into the Barracks area.

BRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNGGGGGGGGG

Your phone is ringing. It certainly hasn't done that in a great while.

King Tius
2010-01-28, 09:03 PM
A pile of clothes stirs in the corner and a pistol pops out, held be a gnarled hand. The gun is pointed straight at the ringing telephone with unwavering calm, though it does not fire. After a moment, the hand jerks the gun in a fake firing motion and a throaty, gravely "bang!" is heard from under the rags. The hand and the gun go limp and fall to the floor, wherein a faint snoring resumes.

Talkkno
2010-01-28, 09:48 PM
Berend

In a secluded room in the back, a strange looking dwarf sat. He was sitting on a rough fur rug, and had no bread. A clean shaven dwarf, whose black hair was neatly trimmed and cut. Extending no longer then back of his ears, the dwarf completed in a meditative position. His eyes were closed, yet somehow looked filled to brim with an cool argent flame seeping from his eyelids. Around him a ring levitated, circling around his head. It suddenly stopped right in front his face. The crystal within illuminating the entire room.

Finally... Berend thought, as the angelic presence took hold in his mind, though on the outside he looked as focused as ever.

Yes...Berend The angel whispered back sounding rather tired as if just woke up from a nap.

My powers manifest as argent flame...while other that hold on to false gods manifest as merely blinding flashes light. Why is that The dwarf replied, ignoring the comment.

Yes, yes excellent question. It takes us back to root cause of the deities powers. In the astral sea there lies a casket... Asonal said, but was cut off by the bell ringing loudly threw out the barracks. The celestial presence suddenly vanished from his Berend's mind.

ARRGH! Berend shouted as he got up, the flame vanishing from his eyes as his right hand presented a close fist to the door, the silver ring on his hand erupted in a tightly woven beam of argent fire, blasting a nice sized hole in the wooden door.

He breathed deeply, and sighed as the glow of the world faded from his sight, his right hand by his side, now presenting an open palm

Someone get that dam phone! He yelled is exasperation, before taking another deep breath. The air returning his facade of calm. Before once again sitting down on his map, attempting to return to the state of mediation.

Nai_Calus
2010-01-28, 10:09 PM
Thribble springs to his feet from where he had been passed out with a now-empty bottle of alcohol of no particular lineage.

"COLONEL FLERP! GET THAT PHONE! NOW! THAT'S AN ORDER!" He bellows at the top of his lungs before dropping his head down again. The phone rings once more and he gets up to answer it, muttering as he goes.

"The lack of discipline in these troops is unforgivable. Changes will need to be made around here...." He picks up the phone and answers it. "Hello?"

Limos
2010-01-28, 10:24 PM
"Thribble, You old dog you! It's been too long!" Booms an enthusiastically Australian voice in your ear "I can't talk for long, my office is full of ninjas." Sounds of a scuffle and several japanese profanities can be heard in the background.

"But that's beside the point. I'm calling because me Daughter Tess has gone missing! Last I heard from her she was going shopping in the undercity. I need some reliable blokes to track her down. Can you swing by my office any time soon?" At this point you recognize the voice as an old acquaintance of yours, Tony Tosterown. He is a an extremely excitable fellow with a penchant for not wearing shirts.

Shadow_Elf
2010-01-28, 10:37 PM
A job, have we, Master Thribble? asks Yoda, sitting legs crossed on the floor by the front door. A chance to practice, our sword not had has in a while.

Mando Knight
2010-01-28, 11:35 PM
Akra dashes into the office from one of the side rooms, carrying her sword over her shoulder and wearing something similar to a monk's gi, apparently having been in the middle of some kind of practice routine. Seeing Thribble at the phone and hearing Yoda already asking questions, she stops and leans against the wall expectantly.

King Tius
2010-01-28, 11:40 PM
The snoring stops from the pile of rags as the phone conversation starts, though most of you probably don't even notice.

Talkkno
2010-01-29, 03:20 AM
Berend

Seeing that he is most likely he is going to any quiet anytime, Berend gets up from the mat, outstretching his neck a bit and back. Before moving to where the noise was.

"Let's hope this job pays enough to get them creditors off our backs.

Tuataralad
2010-01-29, 07:23 AM
Von Trapp has, until now, been sleeping in the corner, occasionally mumbling something indistinct. He wakes up with a start at the sound of the word "pay" from Berend.

Oh, finally got us a job have you then? Well, it's been far too long. I say we leave right this minute! I'll just pop down to the barracks to prepare.

He slings his rifle over one shoulder and heads towards the trapdoor.

Nai_Calus
2010-01-29, 12:31 PM
"Sure, we can clear our busy schedules and come down to get information and talk terms. We'll be there soon." Thribble says.

Limos
2010-01-29, 12:49 PM
"Capital!" Booms Tony over the background noise of snapping bones and machine gun fire. "I'll have Pensington whip up some finger sandwiches and we can discuss it over lunch. Now if you'll excuse me I have some Ninjas to kill." The phone goes dead with only the soft echoes of screaming Ninjas still ringing in your ears.

As you know from previous encounters with Mr. Tosterown his office is located on the seventeenth understory of Wendle and Craven's Sharp Object and Explosives Factory, which is deep into Kobold territory. Tony lives for danger and no one has convinced him to move to a safer neighborhood yet. This should be fun.

Nai_Calus
2010-01-29, 01:40 PM
Thribble hangs up the phone and turns to the others, drawing his sword and waving it about.

"MEN! AT ARMS! WE CHARGE BOLDLY INTO BATTLE AND VICTORY! ONWARD, TO WENDLE AND CRAVEN'S SHARP OBJECT AND EXPLOSIVES FACTORY! OUR BATTLEFIELD AWAITS OUR GLORY!" He climbs onto the desk with the last sentence, striking a dramatic pose with his sword in the air.

"As you probably know it's in Kobold territory, so we'll have to deal with those rats on the way in. Look sharp, men." He climbs off the desk and puts his sword away, looking for the moment to be perfectly calm and sane and not at all the kind of person who climbs on desks and screams while waving a sword.

Shadow_Elf
2010-01-29, 02:46 PM
To kill some kobolds, time it is. Yes, hmmmmm. Take names we shall! Kick butt, we must!

Yoda jumps into the air from his sitting position, landing on his feet.

King Tius
2010-01-29, 02:48 PM
The pile of rags shakes as a goblin sits up and rubs his face. Rummaging through the pile, he pulls out a large hat and places it on his head. Grumbling as he stands up, the little goblin checks the pistols on his hip as he makes his way towards the hatch. "Ugh, Kobolds. Freakin' little lizards."

Mando Knight
2010-01-29, 02:52 PM
"Well, then, let's go." Akra grabs her satchel from the stand, and sheathes her sword.

Talkkno
2010-01-29, 04:43 PM
Berend

Berend puts on his chainmail, and the ring tightly set in his right hand, cocking his neck.

"Let's get moving.

Tuataralad
2010-01-29, 09:32 PM
Von Trapp, always prepared for adventure at a moment's notice, heads toward the door, loads his rifle and mumbles about the stringy and unsatisfying consistency of Kobold.

Nai_Calus
2010-01-30, 01:50 AM
Thribble, his gear already gathered due to a near-perpetual state of readiness, boldly leaps onto Akra's back.

"CHARGE!"

Shadow_Elf
2010-01-30, 01:17 PM
Yes, hmmmm. Allow us to protect our flanks, we should. To the Kobold District, we now go. Yesss!

Limos
2010-01-30, 03:13 PM
You and your group make your way through the city and to the fringes of Kobold territory. In this section of the city most above ground tenements are abandoned, little more than burned out husks remain. The Kobolds who live here prefer the safety of their underground lairs. Nonetheless as you are passing through you can see quick darting shapes in the darkness.

Halfway to Wendle and Craven's Sharp Object and Explosives factory a horde of tiny scaled foes blocks your path. The lead Kobold saunters forward. He is wearing a leather jacket and a pompadour wig.

"I thought we told yous guys you ain't welcome round here?" He says, poking Thribble in the chest with one sharp fingernail. "This here's Tunnel Drake territory. No mammals allowed see. So why don't you just turn around and go back to where you belong." The crowd of Kobolds expresses their approval with a round of clicks and clacks as they pull various weapons.

Here is the layout of the Kobolds at present. Those boxes inside the buildings are roof areas or second stories. They can be accessed by the stairwells but you can also shoot down from or up to them. The boxes on the street level provide cover. Little k's are wimpy Kobolds. Big K's are not so wimpy kobolds.

http://i47.tinypic.com/jhagso.png

Mando Knight
2010-01-30, 03:40 PM
Before the group enters the Kobold district, Akra grabs her shield from her shoulder bag, readying it for any sign of trouble.

Akra barks back at the puny scalies. "Hey, kibble, I thought I told you half-pints that they're with me. Do ya want me to thrash the lot of you again?"

If the kobolds don't back down, she draws her sword as her clothing transforms into a full set of plate armor.
If necessary... [roll0]
[roll1] (forgot modifiers, and Myth-Weavers is in transit)

Shadow_Elf
2010-01-30, 03:44 PM
Of tolerance disturbs us your lack. Hmmmmmm. Prepare yourselves for pain, you should, if back down you choose not to do.

Inish: [roll0]
Insight: [roll1], to see if the little kobolds actually want to fight, or if they're just afraid of the big kobolds.

Talkkno
2010-01-30, 05:21 PM
Berend

Berend merely nods, as waves his right hand a near invisible tendril seeping from, as he focuses on his surroundings, seeing for anything amiss.

Perception [roll0]
Initiative [roll1]

Limos
2010-01-30, 05:44 PM
Kibble, who by the way is flattered you remember him, leers lecherously at Akra. "Hey Babe. You still hanging with the primates? You know you're welcome, but no pets allowed."

Yoda can see that the Kobolds are not necessarily looking for a fight. They just enjoy being able to push people around, and rarely get the chance. Couple that with being on their home turf and being surrounded by more of their gang they are feeling quite confident.

Talkkano notices an flask of some kind wired to the side of the nearest crate and a bear trap hidden under some loose trash just up ahead.

http://i46.tinypic.com/2emk4f6.png

Nai_Calus
2010-01-30, 06:11 PM
"I," Thribble announces as he climbs down from Akra, "am not a mammal. I am a fairy." He nods sagely.

"But, as much as a good fight would beat my men into fighting shape, we must save our resources for the task ahead of us. So just let us through and we'll get right out of your territory and into someone else's. We'll even look scared on the way out and tell anyone who asks that you're the biggest badasses in town," He says, sidling in and using his best conspiratorial tone.

Diplomacy: [roll0]
Initiative: [roll1]

Tuataralad
2010-01-30, 09:25 PM
Von Trapp says nothing, but removes his rifle from his shoulder and holds it at waist level. He also looks around the immediate area, visually checking for potential traps or anything unusual.

Perception: [roll0]
Initiative: [roll1]

Limos
2010-01-30, 09:34 PM
NATURAL 20
SWEET DIPLOMACIFICATION

Kibble brightens at Thribbles words. "Wow seriously? We thought we were just gonna get our assess kicked again. Thanks man." With that the Kobolds disperse and let you pass with only a few calls of "Yeah you better run" and many pats on the back all around. The Kobolds are looking quite pleased with themselves and you make it through their territory unmolested.

After several more minutes of walking you arrive at the above ground entrance to Wendle and Craven's Sharp Objects and Explosives factory. The building stands at the center of a massive crater studden with shrapnel. It used to be the third sub basement of the construction but the top part of the building was lost in an unfortunate accident.

Shadow_Elf
2010-01-30, 09:46 PM
Where our employer, his residence makes this is, yes hmmm?

Yoda steps up to the door, looking for magic: (Is it okay if I train Arcana instead of Religion? As I am no longer part of a religious order but rather a magical academy, Arcana makes more sense now.)

Detect Magic: [roll0] (+5 if I can swap out Religion and Arcana)

Limos
2010-01-30, 09:46 PM
You completely fail to detect anything magical in the area.

Shadow_Elf
2010-01-30, 09:48 PM
This place no magic guards. Safe, it is, to open, wethinks.

Talkkno
2010-01-30, 10:13 PM
"Well then, Thribble , hopefully that keeps those kobolds from our barracks for while." Bernad says gruffly,as they come to the factory as the come across his ring glows softly, banishing the shadows around them.

Nai_Calus
2010-02-01, 07:49 PM
"Perhaps. We'll see. Well, no time like the present. MEN! ONWARD!" Thribble says as he opens the door to enter the building, keeping an eye out as he does so.

Limos
2010-02-01, 09:08 PM
Entering through the door Thribble sees two things which immediately tell him that something is horribly wrong. The first is that Craven (one of the buisness partners, and a Warforged Artificer) is tied to one of the large decorative stone pillars on the side of the room.

The second is the room is absolutely filled to the brim with Goblins. Like. A ridiculous number of goblins all crammed into one room. And all of them are wearing far too much denim and stupid looking head scarf things. You think they are called do-rags or whatever this hippity hop generation calls them. A bunch of no good delinquents if you've ever seen them. They are seriously, all over the place. You can't swing a cat in this room without hitting a goblin.

http://i45.tinypic.com/skuwko.png

Shadow_Elf
2010-02-01, 09:12 PM
Troublesome, this is. Yourselves ready you must.

Crunchy Bits:
Inish: [roll0]
Insight: [roll1] to see why they are here, specifically why they would risk crossing kobold gang territory to get to this building.

King Tius
2010-02-01, 09:15 PM
OOG: Let me handle this!

The little Goblin Ranger looks at the room full of his kin and calls out.

" 'ello mates, what's this about?"

Mando Knight
2010-02-01, 09:31 PM
Akra growls as she draws her blade again. "Are we going to be assaulted by all of the half-pint scoundrels in the city tonight?"
[roll0]

Limos
2010-02-01, 09:32 PM
[roll0] - Initiative

"Shove off ya git! Can't you see we're pullin' a heist over here?" One of the Goblins holding a massive battleaxe yells at you. Judging by the bulging sacks that many of them are carrying this is a robbery. Wendle and Craven are the finest suppliers of instruments of mayhem in the city and are actually robbed quite frequently by gangs in need of ammunition. The Kobolds usually take first crack at them and zealously guard against interlopers. But ever since the Orc mafia moved into town the Goblins have been getting squeezed out.

Talkkno
2010-02-01, 10:21 PM
Berend

"Well, holding our employer hostage is doing you any favors."

Iniiative: [roll0]

Nai_Calus
2010-02-01, 11:54 PM
"Robbery shows a lack of discipline! I do not approve of this! Men! Get them!"

[roll0]
Don't forget that everyone within 10 that can see and hear me gets +2 to init.

King Tius
2010-02-02, 12:14 AM
Initiative: [roll0]

Tuataralad
2010-02-02, 07:22 AM
Initiative: [roll0]

Tuataralad
2010-02-02, 04:34 PM
Ok, looks like it's my turn.

Minor: Von Trapp shifts back and left 1 square, so that he is third in line with the door.

Standard: He uses Stinging Swarm on the large goblin standing directly beside Craven.

Power:

At-Will Primal, Weapon
Standard Action Ranged weapon

Target: One creature

Attack: Wisdom vs. AC

Hit: 1[W] + Wisdom modifier damage, and the target and each enemy adjacent to it take a –2 penalty to attack rolls until the start of your next turn.
Level 21: 2[W] + Wisdom modifier damage.

Special: You can use this power as a ranged basic attack.

Rolls:

To-hit: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

EDIT: um...ok, that's weird, lemme try the rolls again:
To-hit:
1d20+12

Damage:
1d10+7

Mando Knight
2010-02-02, 04:53 PM
Ye cannae edit in rolls, nor can you preview them.

Tuataralad
2010-02-02, 05:00 PM
Oh, sorry. Still not sure why it didn't work the first time though.

Limos
2010-02-02, 05:16 PM
The Goblin Skullcleaver shrugs off the stinging swarm and lays into Thribble with his battleaxe. One of the Goblin thugs shifts into a flanking position and darts at the Gnome with his switchblade.

[roll0] vs. 19 AC (-2 due to stinging storm factored in) HIT
[roll1]

[roll2] vs. 19 AC (Forgot to add in for flanking) so HIT

Thribble takes 13 Damage

Meanwhile the two Goblins with Rifles behind the bar return fire on Von Trapp.

[roll3] vs. 19 AC HIT
[roll4]
[roll5] vs. 19 AC HIT
[roll6]

Van Trapp takes 15 Damage

The rest of the thugs hang back for now and wait, including the apparent boss who just surveys the actions from afar.

http://i48.tinypic.com/334mb9u.png

Limos
2010-02-02, 05:20 PM
(Forgot the other minion)
[roll0] vs. 19 AC
4 Damage

MISS

Shadow_Elf
2010-02-02, 05:25 PM
((Von Trapp has cover from Akra & Thribble (-2 to hit for the Gobbos). Would that make the first attack a miss?

EDIT: Also, I go last. Would you guys mind making room for an Enlarged Thunderwave? It would open up the entrance a bit and let us maneuver. If not, then I can Arcane Bolt + Item Daily their leader, pulling him outside of the building and next to me. That could be fun.))

King Tius
2010-02-02, 06:06 PM
Gort

The little Goblin Ranger sidesteps to the right in order to obtain a better angle on the Skullcleaver (the closest capital G). He declares G his Quarry and puts two bullets in his chest.

Attack1: [roll0] vs AC
Damage1: [roll1]
Attack2: [roll2] vs AC
Damage2: [roll3]
Quarry Damage (applied to one of the attacks that hits): [roll4]

Limos
2010-02-02, 06:39 PM
((Von Trapp has cover from Akra & Thribble (-2 to hit for the Gobbos). Would that make the first attack a miss?

EDIT: Also, I go last. Would you guys mind making room for an Enlarged Thunderwave? It would open up the entrance a bit and let us maneuver. If not, then I can Arcane Bolt + Item Daily their leader, pulling him outside of the building and next to me. That could be fun.))

I suppose you are right. Van Trapp no longer takes the first attack damage.

Also as I said in recruitment you guys don't have to go in your initiative orders. That roll was only for the first round. Now it's all the PC's turns at once. Just go whenever you can post.

The intervening doorway and party members get in the way of Gort's shots and he misses both times, his bullets hitting the doorframe and the pillar respectively.

Talkkno
2010-02-02, 07:28 PM
Berenad

Berend moves behind Von Trapp, as his eyes glow with harsh glow, pointing his ring to the space just behind the goblin in front of Thribble, as the air cackles with lightening.

"Come Get some! Thunder blade!" Berend yells, as the air cackles as the air exploded with elecertic energy.

Encounter Power Lightening Revelation, Busrt 1 if hit enemies take -4 pentaly to all defenses until the end of next turn. +1 to damage rolls for each enemy I attack(Total of +5 damage due to Covenent of Wrath)

Attack rolls
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Damage:
[roll5]

Limos
2010-02-02, 07:56 PM
The magical explosion kills four hapless thugs leaving only four small greasy black smears where they were standing. The Skull cleaver weathers the assault, but he looks totally pissed about it. His eyes bulge with fury and literally foam frothes from his mouth.

http://i48.tinypic.com/2qxb9yw.png

Shadow_Elf
2010-02-02, 08:29 PM
((Can I tell with an insight check which one of them is the leader of the troupe?))

Limos
2010-02-02, 08:29 PM
((Can I tell with an insight check which one of them is the leader of the troupe?))

It's the dark Capital G.

Shadow_Elf
2010-02-02, 08:34 PM
Their leader, that one is. Draw him out, I shall! yes, hmmm....

Standard Action: Arcane Bolt on the Capital G guy, using my item daily power. Its an auto-hit that automagically does 12 damage, and the item power teleports him to a square 1West of me.
Minor Action: Aegis of Assault on the Skullcleaver that's around the door. He's marked, takes a -2 penalty to attacks that do not include me, and if he disobeys the aegis, I get to smack him one good.

((Mando, can Akra please mark their bossman? I work best as a defender when I can screw my target, not actually full-out tank them.))

End Turn.

Limos
2010-02-02, 08:44 PM
The Goblin leader sees your incoming magic and roughly pushes one of his own comrades into it's path. The poor sap crumples instantly upon being hit and does not rise again. The Goblin leader smirks knowingly at you.

Not going to update map again for so little an update. Goblin Hexer sacrifices adjacent Goblin unit of lower level to deflect your ranged attack.

Mando Knight
2010-02-02, 08:58 PM
((Mando, can Akra please mark their bossman? I work best as a defender when I can screw my target, not actually full-out tank them.))

Should have asked me about that before doing it. Akra needs to remain adjacent to the target to keep it marked, and while Yoda isn't an out-and-out tank, she is and we need one to hold down the legion of goons in the front.

Also: I can has coordinate system?

Tuataralad
2010-02-02, 10:04 PM
Ha! This is far too easy!

Von Trapp shrugs off the pain from his wound and levels his rifle straight ahead.

Standard Action: Stinging Swarm again on the small goblin 3 squares in front of him

Also, just as a reminder, I have +1 defenses from those ranged guys from my cloak of distortion.

Tuataralad
2010-02-02, 10:07 PM
Darn it, messed up the rolls again. Sorry guys.

Tuataralad
2010-02-02, 10:13 PM
Ok, looks like I rolled max damage on the damage roll for my rifle, so here's some more pain!

[roll0]

Limos
2010-02-03, 12:07 AM
Von Trapp's bullet impacts the small Goblin just above his eyebrow, snapping his head back with a sickening pop. The diminutive foe remains standing, wobbling in place, for a few seconds before finally sliding bonelessly to the floor.

http://i47.tinypic.com/b80m74.png

Also you can has coordinate system now.

Mando Knight
2010-02-03, 12:29 AM
Akra leaps into action as the number of combatants begins to dwindle, ignoring the pesky blades of those in front of the door and lashing out with a blast of divinely-charged lightning from her mouth and a quick slash from her sword.
Move: Move to f6. Yes, you can go ahead and try to make those two OAs with CA, but Akra has Resist 1 All and 24 AC. And she begins to murderize things when she gets bloodied.

Minor: Dragon Breath from e5 to c7. All targets are marked by Divine Sanction until the start of Akra's next turn regardless of hit or miss.
[roll0] <- d5 is UTTERLY ANNIHILATED.
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

Standard: Divine Pursuit on e7.
[roll4]
[roll5]
Hit: Push target to c8, shift to d7.

DIVINE SANCTION: Marked by Akra (-2 to attack rolls against others), and the first time the target makes an attack that does not include Akra each round, the target takes 6 radiant damage. (Each target. Not the first target in total.)
There. I marked the big guy and got in close. You happy now? :smallwink::smalltongue:

King Tius
2010-02-03, 12:29 AM
Annoyed that he doesn't have a clear bead through the door, Gort shifts to J6 and fires two at the goblin at b7.

Damage2: [roll3] = 15 damage!

EDIT: Crit! Wooo!

Mando Knight
2010-02-03, 12:31 AM
Annoyed that he doesn't have a clear bead through the door, Gort shifts to J6 and fires two at the goblin at b7.

Damage2: [roll3] = 15 damage!

EDIT: Crit! Wooo!

1.) There's no goblin at b7.
2.) b7 wouldn't be the nearest enemy anyway, so it can't be your Quarry.

King Tius
2010-02-03, 12:50 AM
right, whoops, I meant b6 and no quarry. I'm still getting used to this whole ranger thing.

Limos
2010-02-03, 12:52 AM
The two Goblins flanking the door attack as Akra charges through their ranks.

[roll0] MISS
[roll1]

[roll2] MISS
5 Damage on hit

Your breath attack reduces another minor goblin to an ashen smear while the two tougher targets take it stoically. Your second attack is much more effective, almost knocking the second skullcleaver on his ass.

(Oh wait, editing.)

The exposed shooter goblin takes two bullets to the chest and falls gurgling to the ground with a matching pair of sucking chest wounds.

http://i48.tinypic.com/f2skfo.png

Mando Knight
2010-02-03, 01:15 AM
Your breath attack reduces another minor goblin to an ashen smear while the two tougher targets take it stoically. Your second attack is much more effective, almost knocking the second skullcleaver on his ass.

You kinda missed the shoving action that goes on there... y'know, push to c8 and shift to d7?

Nai_Calus
2010-02-03, 07:32 AM
Thribble sidles out from between the goblins by the door, cursing as he notes his wounds, and attacks one of them, shouting incoherently in Elven.

Shift to F5
Using Wolf Pack Tactics on the goblin at G5, not that there's anyone next to me or it to let shift.

[roll1]

Ye gods, you have a couple of off days and everything goes nuts. :smalleek:

Limos
2010-02-03, 10:22 AM
http://i47.tinypic.com/2hdtbue.png

Fine miss picky. There. Also Thribble misses with wolf pack tactics. In addition I just realized that Gort, you already went this round and missed. So you did not kill the sharpshooter. You have to wait your turn. Monster turn now.

King Tius
2010-02-03, 12:11 PM
OOG: I'm not used to posting in initiative order, sorry! Can I save those sweet attack rolls for when it's my turn?

Limos
2010-02-03, 01:04 PM
OOG: I'm not used to posting in initiative order, sorry! Can I save those sweet attack rolls for when it's my turn?

There isn't actually an Initiative order, you just took your turn. Then some other PCs then You again. When you should have been waiting for the monsters to go first. And no. You don't get to keep those rolls.

The Goblin leader steps back out of Akra's reach and utters another incantation. A massive explosion of smoke and fumes fills the room, blocking your vision and choking you with it's acrid stench. The Goblins take advantage of your momentary lapse to strike from hiding.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2] 4 damage
[roll3] 4 damage
[roll4] 5 damage

Akra takes 5 Damage

Two sharp cracks can be heard as the Goblin Riflemen fire on Thribble. The two flankers both take another swing at the Gnome as well.

[roll5]
[roll6]

[roll7] 5 Damage

[roll8]
[roll9]

[roll10]
[roll11]

Thribble takes 16 Damage

http://i48.tinypic.com/skztpx.png

Make a perception check to see which enemies you can still see through the fumes.

EDIT: By the way, After missing your melee attack on the Goblin Skullcleaver he gets to use Goblin Tactics to shift. So you are still flanked.

Nai_Calus
2010-02-03, 01:29 PM
Thribble tries to peer through the smoke and shouts at himself to pull himself together.

Standard: Perception: [roll0]
Minor: Inspiring Word on self: 12+ [roll1] HP
Move: Shift from F5 to E5

Edit: Can't type

Limos
2010-02-03, 01:32 PM
Thribble is unable to make out any enemies among the fumes.

EDIT: Blindfighting cancelled due to the NOFUN patrol.

http://i46.tinypic.com/2hx562o.png

Talkkno
2010-02-03, 01:45 PM
Bernad

Bernad attempts to discern past the smoke, as he moves closer to the door way.

Move action, move to H6

Perception d20+7

Talkkno
2010-02-03, 01:46 PM
Dang it dice roller...

Perception [roll0]

Mando Knight
2010-02-03, 01:54 PM
EDIT: ...The hell? My entire post just... disappeared!

Talkkno
2010-02-03, 01:55 PM
Stranded Action
"Repent now, reckoning is at hand!" Bernad says, as beams of argent fire hiss across the room.
Hand of Radiance, At will power, vs reflex
Targeting d6, e7 and F6.

Attack rolls
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Damage rolls:
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]

Mando Knight
2010-02-03, 01:57 PM
"That's it. Bring it on!" Akra shouts out while slipping through the ranks of the goblins flanking her, ending with a sweep of her blade.

Minor: Call of Challenge. That's Divine Sanction on everyone! (Or, rather, all enemies within close burst 3 and until the end of Akra's next turn.

Move: Shift to C8.

Standard: Arc of Vengeance. Close burst (no concealment for you!) against C7, B8, and D8.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3] (Radiant)
Miss: Half.
Effect: Divine sanction on all targets until the end of Akra's next turn. Thanks to Call of Challenge, the secondary effect comes into play: since they were already marked by Akra, all of the targets take 2 radiant damage any time they damage Akra or one of her allies (save ends).

Limos
2010-02-03, 02:12 PM
All but one of the remaining thugs is killed, leaving only the severely wounded Skullcleavers, the two Riflemen and the Hexer who is bleeding copiously from several major wounds.

http://i50.tinypic.com/144048i.png

Mando Knight
2010-02-03, 02:13 PM
Meant to say shift to C8, to coincide with the attack rolls.

Tuataralad
2010-02-03, 04:26 PM
Von Trapp

Fancy parlor tricks won't save you now, punks!

Minor Action: Shift to h6

Standard Action: Flickering Arrow on c7

Power:

Encounter Primal, Weapon
Standard Action Ranged weapon

Target: One creature

Attack: Wisdom vs. AC

Hit: 1[W] + 1d6 + Wisdom modifier damage. Until the end of your next turn, the target can’t benefit from cover, concealment, or total concealment, and enemies take a –2 penalty to attack rolls while within 2 squares of the target.

Bloodbond: Enemies take the penalty while within a number squares of the target equal to 2 + your Dexterity modifier.

Rolls:

Damage: [roll1] and also [roll2]

If it hits, the -2 should affect every enemy in the building

King Tius
2010-02-03, 04:38 PM
Gort

Shift to I6
Attack: Try and kill d6. If I have a leftover shot, shoot b6.
Damage2: [roll3]

I did not apply the -2 from the smoke/whatever

Shadow_Elf
2010-02-03, 04:50 PM
On the F4 Skullcleaver's turn, Yoda enforces his mark with Aegis of Assault.

Pay for ignoring us, you will.
Teleport to E4. Make a free Melee Basic Attack.
Attack: [roll0] vs. AC.

((Whether he survives will determine how I proceed with my actual turn.))

Limos
2010-02-03, 05:58 PM
http://i49.tinypic.com/1zvswsk.png

The wounded Skullcleaver goes down with an arrow in his throat while the last remaining thug takes a bullet to his chest. One of the Riflemen takes a shot to his arm and whimpers in pain but remains standing.

The remaining skullcleaver is looking much the worse for wear.

The Goblin leader seeing his encroaching doom dispels the cloud and cowers back against the wall. "Wait! Please we surrender! Don't kill me!" The other remaining thugs glance at him pointedly. "I mean us! Don't kill us!

Shadow_Elf
2010-02-03, 06:07 PM
Destroy you, We will. Hiya!

Standard Action: Thunderwave, on the Skullcleaver
Attack: [roll0] vs. Fortitude
Hit: [roll1] thunder damage and he is pushed to G4

((Will edit in the rest of Yoda's turn when I see the results.))

Is yours, the decision, Master Thribble. Your request at, lower our weapons will we. Give them quarter, do we? Asks the Deva mage-warrior of their Gnome leader.

Talkkno
2010-02-03, 07:59 PM
"Do we want to be know for our ruthlessness?...Or mercy? I say we let them go free. I'm sure that they make sure that they let others know in the underworld of us. A slaughter is all too common in this wretched city, and mercy and justice all too rare. However, if you choose to apply the firm hand of justice, let it be so, for the silver flame cleanses the soul of those engulfed in its wrath... Bernad says rather more calmly, as the divine power that surged threw him a moment before receded, his eyes turning back to a dark brown, averting them from the goblins.

Mando Knight
2010-02-03, 09:10 PM
Akra, towering over the now-cowering goblins, begins dictating the terms of surrender in an even and authoritative tone. "If the lot of you want to live, then drop your weapons immediately."

Limos
2010-02-03, 10:53 PM
The Hexer and Skullcleaver drop their weapons while the two riflemen both sigh and begins disarming. After several minutes they have created a small heap of knives, firearms, explosives, ammunition, and a potato peeler. The second Rifleman then grins sheepishly and produces a landmine (you have no idea where he could possibly been keeping it).

King Tius
2010-02-04, 12:25 AM
Gort

Gort, the foremost expert on Goblins in the party (being one), whispers to the group: "Now I'm not saying one way or the other what we should do, but if I was their boss and you let me live, I'd find where you sleep at night and bring half the district with me, right through the slats in your floor. Just sayin'."

Talkkno
2010-02-04, 02:44 AM
"We can just tie them up here and have Craven keep them holded up untill we are done with our task then. Brenad replies, as he burns the ropes tying up Craven.

Limos
2010-02-04, 10:19 AM
Craven

You didn't notice before, but Craven is no longer present.

Nai_Calus
2010-02-04, 06:50 PM
Thribble leaves the negotiating to his men and examines the goblins' equipment, shaking his head as he picks up the potato peeler. Suddenly something occurs to him and he turns to the goblins, brandishing the potato peeler.

"ALRIGHT YOU LOW-DOWN DIRTY YELLOW-BELLIED SCRAPHEAPS! WHAT DID YOU DO WITH CRAVEN!"

Limos
2010-02-04, 07:58 PM
"We didn't do nothing with him! Well other than tying him up. But we sure didn't untie him! He must have slipped out while we was fightin'." The Goblins profess their innocence frantically rather than face the wrath of the Potato Peeler.

Talkkno
2010-02-04, 08:23 PM
Berand stares harshly at them, with eyes flaring, as he attempts to determine the veracity of plea.

Insight [roll0]

Shadow_Elf
2010-02-04, 08:50 PM
Owned by a Craven and a Wendle, is not this place? Find this Wendle, perhaps we should. The deva turns to the goblins. A Wendle, did you see? Lie to Us, do not. See right through you, We can.

Insight: [roll0]

Limos
2010-02-04, 10:47 PM
Judging by the Goblin's body language and tone of voice you determine they are telling they truth. They have no idea where Craven is. They also did not see Wendle when they arrived to rob the shop, but that is not unusual as he usually stays in the lower laboratories while Craven runs the storefront.

Talkkno
2010-02-05, 02:02 AM
"I see in there souls, they lie not. Now, does anyone have any rope? That should keep them from doing anything until we come back.

Tuataralad
2010-02-05, 07:16 AM
Von Trapp produces some rope and hands it to Talkkno.
"This should hold 'em for now"

He also searches the room for any sign of what might have happened to Craven:

Limos
2010-02-05, 10:05 AM
You locate the ropes that were holding Craven to the pillar. They appear to have been cut with a very sharp blade. You locate no secret passages or trapdoors. As far as you can tell the stairwell in the back right corner of the room is the only other exit.

Nai_Calus
2010-02-05, 05:32 PM
"Well, let's go have a look for him, then," Thribble says, shrugging. He moves to leave, pauses, and turns back to the goblins.

"AND I'M KEEPING THIS POTATO PEELER!"

(OOC: Text colour later when I'm not posting from my Blackberry)

Talkkno
2010-02-05, 07:20 PM
Bernad finishes tying up all the goblins agaisn't a piller.

Well that's finished, I believe our task is to find our oftmeationed employer, and the warforged while were at it.

Shadow_Elf
2010-02-05, 10:06 PM
Agree, We do! Down the stairs, We go. Follow Us, you should.

Yoda casts Light on his sword, making it into a "Light"-saber. He illuminates the way down the stairs.

((Why did I not think of that earlier?))

King Tius
2010-02-05, 10:26 PM
Gort takes the opportunity to reload his pistols before the group heads down the stairs.

Tuataralad
2010-02-05, 10:41 PM
Von Trapp also reloads his rifle and follows directly behind Gort.

Nai_Calus
2010-02-08, 12:06 AM
Thribble wanders down the stairs, keeping an eye out for trouble.

Shadow_Elf
2010-02-08, 04:23 PM
As Yoda steps lightly down the steps, he turns for a second back to the room they just left. Master Akra, coming are you? Guide the way, I shall. Cover us from behind, you should.

Mando Knight
2010-02-08, 05:09 PM
Akra shakes her head as if she were trying to clear a thought from her mind. "Hm? Yeah, I'll be right behind." After taking another look around, she takes up vanguard point.

Limos
2010-02-12, 12:41 AM
((Don't have a map but this has been inactive too long and I can't draw one I like. So I'm just gonna describe it.))

Going down the stairs you find yourself in a long hallway, 5 feet wide by 30 feet long. There is a dead goblin lying on the floor ten feet in front of you. He appears to have been decapitated. There is a small metal clockwork device on the wall next to the stairs.

Up ahead the hallway continues to the left.

Nai_Calus
2010-02-14, 11:50 AM
Thribble glares at the dead goblin.

"See? This is what comes from a lack of discipline!" He shakes his head and looks at the device on the wall, which is just shiny enough to grab his attention.

Shadow_Elf
2010-02-14, 01:28 PM
Trust this place, I most certainly do not. Check it, I will, for magic.

Detect Magic on the Device & The Hallway:
[roll0]

Tuataralad
2010-02-14, 03:33 PM
Von Trapp also goes to examine the wall device, not especially trusting Thribble's perceptive ability.

Limos
2010-02-14, 05:09 PM
The device on the wall is a cunningly crafted control console made from brass clockwork. There is a slot in the center which you can see is used to activate the mechanism with the insertion of a specially shaped key. The internal components of the console are very complex and their purpose is difficult to discern but you suspect it may control the security devices.

Von Trapp and Thribble notice a small slit set into the left wall at about waist height. Von Trapp can very faintly detect another, much more cunningly crafted slit on the floor ten feet ahead and a matching slit in the ceiling.

There is a powerful source of magic behind the console. There is an additional magic source in the floor, 25 feet ahead of you, just before the turn in the hallway. You can sense another source of magic approximately 15 feet to your left and 10 feet ahead of you. The last is more powerful that the first two by a large margin.

Talkkno
2010-02-15, 12:19 AM
"Looks like out emplyoer was rather prepared in case of bulgary after all. Bernad says, his ring glowing strongly.

Limos
2010-02-15, 01:04 AM
http://i45.tinypic.com/nh07wx.png

What you know so far. Yellow is stuff of interest, sources of magic, slots in the wall/floor whatever. Poorly drawn Decapitated Goblin is the decapitated goblin. Right now you are all sort of on the stairs communally.

King Tius
2010-02-15, 10:09 AM
Gort

The little Goblin frowns at the scene before him. "So this whatchamacallit cut that Goblin's head off? I'm not walking through there till we're sure it's off. I like my head right where it is."

Shadow_Elf
2010-03-10, 07:38 PM
((FOR GREAT JUSTICE! GAME... REBOOT!))

Pondered this predicament, I have. Attempt to disable the magic, I will.

Yoda will attempt to remove the source of magic:
Arcana: [roll0]