PDA

View Full Version : Fun nonMM Undead (3.5)

BobVosh
2010-01-31, 08:39 AM
I would like a quick list of fun undead that aren't from the MMs, especially 1. I need one of ~CR15, and several lower. Anyone have suggestions? Also, yes, I would love to hear about your homebrewed creation if you got a good one :D

dobu
2010-01-31, 08:53 AM
http://monsterfinder.dndrunde.de/

I really like that page for finding speific monsters...

I also have some homebrew undead hound, but can't find it right now. it was basically a tuned down version of kezef the chaos hound (from champions of ruin)

BobVosh
2010-01-31, 08:56 AM
http://monsterfinder.dndrunde.de/

I really like that page for finding speific monsters...

I also have some homebrew undead hound, but can't find it right now. it was basically a tuned down version of kezef the chaos hound (from champions of ruin)

I love you and your link. Forever.

elonin
2010-01-31, 08:56 AM
Crystal keep has a lot of undead. They do source some as being out of MM

Hallavast
2010-01-31, 09:03 AM
BoVD has rules for creating Bone/Corpse creatures which are basically intelligent skeletons/zombies w/ class levels. Lots of potential there.

Runestar
2010-01-31, 09:05 AM
Draconomicon has rules for creating vampiric dragons, dracoliches, and skeletal / zombie dragons.

Dragero
2010-01-31, 09:08 AM
Librus Mortis has some great undead in it! I love`s me some good Half-Dragon Vampire spawn!

BobVosh
2010-01-31, 10:11 AM
I'm going to have fun with this. Going to use a Swarm-shifter 13th-level Mummy King Druid from the libris mortis. Exactly the CR I need, and they are fighting in a giant shroom.

First round he is going to animate it, and shift into sand swarm form. In addition he has 4 bloodhulk crushers with him. Level 16 encounter fun for my party.

Once again thank you for the link ^^ I needed undead to be immune to environmental effects, and the other DM just ran a huge segment on undead (level 12-15) so I needed something they haven't fought a lot of.

On a side note, is vile darkness worth getting? I heard it was the same as the exalted deeds but evil. Looked stupid, but a lot of things seem to point it out.

JellyPooga
2010-01-31, 11:09 AM
My all-time favourite undead is the Tomb Mote from Libris Mortis. Cunning little devils made from the detritus that litters undead haunted tombs. Add the Swarm-Shifter (specifically the sand, or tomb-dust, version) template (from the same sourcebook) and you've got a very thematic enemy (or group of them).

storybookknight
2010-01-31, 11:25 AM
MM3. The Drowned and the Dust Wight.

Oslecamo
2010-01-31, 11:36 AM
On a side note, is vile darkness worth getting? I heard it was the same as the exalted deeds but evil. Looked stupid, but a lot of things seem to point it out.

I would say yes, it's worth geting. It has rules for sacrifices, vile speech, hivemind, souls as power and plenty of nasty monsters and diseases.

Unlike BOED, the prcs and feats aren't that good for players, but are great for villains with WTF abilities. Like allowing a demon to possess objects, control whoever's holding the object, and then animate the object itself:smallbiggrin:

Also really cool monsters like the infamous Eye of Fear and Fire(it's undead!) and the Kythons.

So basicaly, if you want to put a touch of messed up evil in your campaigns, it's worth it.

Notice however the fiendish codexes I and II are basicaly an updated version of book of vile darkness, with a more streamlined power level.