PDA

View Full Version : The COUNTDOWN!!!

dogmac
2010-02-01, 06:01 PM
39 days until I shave my head for the worlds greatest shave.

I am beginning to get nervous.

However, having washed said hair yesterday, I won't miss de-hairing the drain.

Hazkali
2010-02-01, 06:14 PM
I grew my hair out for the last three years and got it cut at the end of the summer. It was blissful, not having to brush it a gazillion times or wait until the heat-death of the universe for it to dry.

OverdrivePrime
2010-02-01, 06:48 PM
Why the drastic haircut? Are you donating your amazingly long hair, or just joining a punk band?

dogmac
2010-02-01, 06:52 PM
It's the worlds greatest shave.

In Australia, every year, lots of people shave their hair for charity. The charity in this case being the Leukemia Foundation.

My 5yo niece has leukemia. My father died of leukemia. I don't like leukemia.

If you want to sponsor me, head off to http://tinyurl.com/di-shave

If you want to do it yourself, head off to http://www.worldsgreatestshave.com/

Cheers

Di

RandomNPC
2010-02-01, 07:15 PM
kuddos. When I got mine cut (on a non-specific day, just wanted a cut) they wanted me to pay extra money to ship out the hair as a donation. the confusion of paying to donate things still stunns me when something unexpectedly reminds me of it.

ForzaFiori
2010-02-01, 07:26 PM
When I cut my hair (which isn't often, but that's beside the point) I donate it to Locks of Love (they make wigs for children with cancer). My family and friends would kill me if i shaved my head though.

dogmac
2010-02-01, 07:34 PM
Aah, yes, my daughter took some convincing about it She was all "NOOOOO!!!!! I LOVE your hair"

My mother, however, is doing it too.

PallElendro
2010-02-01, 07:36 PM
Eh, when my hair grows out soon, I'll cut it as short as those moronic samurai.

Waffle Iron
2010-02-01, 10:14 PM
Huzzah! It will be glorious and fufilling, and guess what?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_IKcMl_a9A

zeratul
2010-02-01, 11:23 PM
They have a similar thing around here called Saint Baldrick's day which a few of my less long haired friends are participating in. I have no intention on participating since I want to keep my hair long, but it's a pretty awesome idea.

dogmac
2010-03-01, 05:54 PM
Oh Lord, we are down to 11 days.

I'm starting to get nervous.

Kobold-Bard
2010-03-01, 05:58 PM
Seeing the title of this thread I literally couldn't not click it. Well done.

Cut my hair for charity once. I'd forgotten I grew my hair in the first place because I have a funny shaped head and I wanted to hide it. I felt like a massive tool :smallredface:

dogmac
2010-03-01, 06:02 PM
I've got a funny shaped head too.

I have a flat bit at the back, which some might CLAIM is genetic, but I know is from when my brother hit me over the head with the cat when I was a baby.

Kobold-Bard
2010-03-01, 06:06 PM
I've got a funny shaped head too.

I have a flat bit at the back, which some might CLAIM is genetic, but I know is from when my brother hit me over the head with the cat when I was a baby.

:smallconfused: whu...err....:smallconfused:

He hit you with a cat? Why?

And my head has an overhang sticking out the back of it. People could rock climb on that bad boy :smalltongue:

dogmac
2010-03-01, 06:12 PM
I cannot answer WHY he hit me over the head with the cat, I just know he did.

Scenario was he was 2, almost 3, I was 11 months or so and crawling.

And he got annoyed with me crawling near him so he picked the cat up by the tail and whacked my over the head with it a few times.

The cats name was Stripy Toothpaste, and it, and I, and Troy (brother) came away unharmed, amazingly.

Serpentine
2010-03-01, 08:44 PM
My friend'll be doing that soon. I'm looking forward to seeing her scar properly. Now, did I give her that $50 I was gonna, or not...?

The Dark Fiddler
2010-03-01, 09:45 PM
It's a shame to hear your hair is gonna be going; it looks damn awesome.

I'll be donating my hair (also to Locks of Love)* sometime soon. I should have my hair long enough about summer time. It'll be my fifth time donating, if I remember correctly.

*In reference to mf11, not to you.

dogmac
2010-03-01, 09:58 PM
Unfortunately, I can't donate my hair, as it is not it's original colour. In fact, I'm now unsure of it's original colour. I suspect grey :(

My daughter will be getting it as fake plaits instead.

I am, however, going around threatening people I know with whacks over the head with said plaits if they don't donate though :D