PDA

View Full Version : Request: Art for a pseudo-sourcebook

Realms of Chaos
2010-02-02, 04:30 AM
Hey there, everyone. As the title suggests, I am trying to make a splat-book-like-thingy over on the homebrewing forum, if anybody has ever seen it. The basis is fairly simple, a risky system of magic with an aberrant source and a mind of its own (well, kind of).

If you want a better idea of what you're dealing with, check out the thread for yourself (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122103)

As for the particular pictures that I'd need, most of them are either pretty simple or based more on a theme or mood than the particular aim of the picture (as many of them are being used to represent groups of themed spells rather than individual abilities).

When I finally get the thread finished, it is possible that either I or someone else will turn it into a (free) PDF, making it more accessible to others. But of course, everyone who submits will recieve credit for their work.

the current requests include:

Okay, first one's probably the most specific. The first one that I need is a user of this particular mad magic. I've already made this user out to be a female so either a caster with a slightly unhinged look or who is making the world collapse into madness, I guess.
A picture to represent the "spells" of this magic system, probably some small display of ambiguous magic power.
A picture to represent a mixture of chaos and combat (a chaotic battlefield? an insane warrior? I honestly don't know)
A picture to represent the summoning of lovecraftian beings who should not be.
A display of telekinesis (no spoon-bending, please)
An incredibly warped creature/mutant/thingy
A picture representing mass insanity
A picture representing either forgotten lore or terrible secrets (this one may be tricky)
A picture of a dark pact being made (preferably not with a being recognizable as a devil or demon).
A picture representing entropy and decay.
A picture representing fear or nightmares.
A picture of the traditional elements (air, fire, water, and stone) presented in a surreal fashion.
A road leading into nothingness, a bright light, or a deep darkness (any of the above will suffice)
A picture to represent either coercion, subtle (and sinister) influence, or perhaps unnatural mind-control
The name sums up the next one pretty nicely: soothing insanity.
An unnatural or unearthly picture of teleportation (not that teleportation is natural).
A picture representing an alien language or lexicon (even just writing an "alien alphabet" would suffice for this one).
A picture representing both life and death.
An utterly alien dreamworld (if you've ever read call of cthulhu, imagine the alien vistas that some people in the story reportedly saw in their dreams).
A picture with a chilling or sinister vibe, preferably showing something a bit supernatural.
One picture showing the "super-spells" that this system gets, perhaps a wave of energy emerging from a person.
An archmage either involved in research or actively looking crazy.
A supernatural phenomenon of epic proportions (tentacles raising up from a continent of a planet, a shockwave heading through space, etc.)
An unusual gemstone (a cavern of gemstones would be sublime but isn't strictly necessary)
One last oddly specific one. A book visibly bound in human flesh, a face on the cover.

Okay, as I may have said, some of those are mighty wierd and some of those are oddly specific. Even so, if you either have an applicable picture lying around or want to get one into an online sourcebook, hit me with your best shot. Feel free to submit even if someone else has made a submission for the same thing. You never know, after all. :smallwink:

And now I am left with only the fear that I may have posed my request incorrectly or impolitely in some way. I'm very, very sorry if this is the case. :smallfrown:

Demonia
2010-02-02, 06:18 AM
Soooo...many...words

Realms of Chaos
2010-02-02, 07:10 AM
oops, sorry about that. I just spoilered the actual requests so that It might not look as imposing. I hope that helps a bit.

Ninjamuffin
2010-02-02, 08:52 AM
I'll try and toss out a few of these for ya, boss.
Edit:
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/9347/magicfo.jpg

Realms of Chaos
2010-02-17, 12:17 AM
Wow.

Awesome Picture. Thanks.

The Duke
2010-02-17, 09:49 AM
I'm curious as to what style of art you are after.

Realism? or would more Cartoony/manga artwork suite you fine or is there some other style of art you are thinking of.