PDA

View Full Version : City of Garandar In Character Thread

Falconknight06
2010-02-04, 11:45 PM
The City calls to you, you chosen few who are destined to save her. I request a meeting at the Rat's Hair Tavern in the lowest city at seven pm on the night after next. You must be discreet, we can not allow those who might destroy Garandar to find out about our plans.

That is the note you found, tied to the door knob of your respective abodes. Not a item was out of place, not a trap was sprung, not a thing was heard. It was as if the wind left a message for you. Whoever wants to see you knows who you are, where you live, and how to get in and out without anyone noticing.

Feel free to make an intro post stating your discovery of the message, your reaction to the note and how it seems to have appeared, and your next two days, including arriving at the tavern. To help, know the tavern will seem crowded but one table will seem suspiciously empty, its prescence drawing you towards it

Jacob Orlove
2010-02-05, 04:38 AM
Ivan

Ivan found the note shortly after completing his predawn exercises. He slipped on a pair of gloves, carefully untied the note, and took it to his workroom. It was a good thing he didn't have any active cases, although he had hoped to use this time for one of his own projects. The city was so quiet this time of day, with the day folk still abed, and the nighttime guards and revelers either ready for sleep or nodding off at their posts. Well, it was nothing that couldn't wait a few days, and the note had caught his interest.

After reading the note several times, and double checking his door, Ivan was puzzled. He knew a few people who could have placed the letter, but this just wasn't their style. Either he was underestimating them, or else this was someone new. Neither option was comforting.

Ivan made a mental note to vary his own methods more. It wouldn't do to get too predictable, especially if someone else was trying new things. Perhaps it was time to try working with others? It would be an interesting experience, at the least, and not what anyone who knew him would expect. He filed the thought away for later.

Finding no other clues in the note itself, Ivan tucked it into his pack, washed the gloves, and set out to investigate the Rat's Hair Tavern. The geography of the lower city was always more fluid than the rest of Garandar--businesses and even buildings that were there one day could be gone the next, and he wanted to know what was in that area today.

After scoping out the tavern, and the surrounding blocks, Ivan had a pretty good idea of where he could head if things went sour at the strange meeting tomorrow night. It was still early enough in the day, so, without mentioning the note, he spent some time trying to track down his mysterious visitor. No luck.

Ivan returned to the tavern when business was just starting to pick up; workers with a day's wages burning a hole in their pockets were starting to trickle in. This time, Ivan checked out the inside of the tavern, got a feel for the usual crowd, and began to chat up the bartender, presenting himself as an out-of-work actor. Ivan had a few good stories from the times he'd been behind a bar, and the two of them hit it off famously. Ivan helped clear a few tables while he was there, but left early, promising to return the next day.

The day of the meeting Ivan was up early again. He took care of some little things that he'd put off from the day before, then headed down to the lowest city, and the Rat's Hair Tavern. This time, he talked himself behind the bar, and was soon helping to pour drinks while he and the bartender chatted. From there, Ivan had a view of the whole common room, but no one paid him any attention. He watched as the hour approached seven and a suspiciously empty table began to fill.

mechanics:
Here's a diplomacy roll. Ivan should have enough to convert the guy from indifferent to friendly no matter what I get, so hopefully that's all he needs.
Diplomacy: [roll0]
Since Ivan's not trying to get any coin, I figured the bartender wouldn't turn down some free help from a friendly face, but I can edit my post if that assumption is out of line.
Edit: whoa, that's enough to bump the guy from hostile/unfriendly to friendly, or from indifferent straight to helpful. That's good, it makes this more plausible. :smallsmile:

MikelaC1
2010-02-05, 08:09 AM
Linteshar finished combing out her hair, and got ready for her activities of the day. The appearance of the note was a surprise, not in that she didnt receive notes all the time, but they usually werent able to not trigger her traps, nor did they ask to meet in one of the seediest bars in the city.
The comment about saving the city sounded overly dramatic to her, and she seriously doubted that anyone frequenting the "Rat's Hair" would have anything of value to her, but then again, perhaps it was just to insure privacy. It wouldnt hurt to at least check it out the next day, and if it proved to be wprthless, then it would only be a few minutes out of the end of the day, as she didnt have a date for the night. She dealt with the rest of her next two days, and readied herself for the appointment.

-----------

Linteshar arrived at the tavern about 15 minutes before the meeting, and her mere appearance was enough to cause conversation to hush; every patron watching her walk to the curiously empty table as if it was being reserved for her alone. She ordered an ale when the barkeep came by, but despite the fact that she appeared open and friendly, none of the patrons approached her, perhaps thinking they had no chance with her or perhaps because there was a spell on it. She drank in silence, waiting....

Mokuren
2010-02-06, 09:46 AM
The shop had not been open for long, and it was one of those lazy days where customers seem to have forgotten about said part of the town, which is not too difficult considering it was in the very outskirts of the merchant quarter. It had the look of an average cottage built out of wood, if it wasn't for the sign, "the Mushroom house", and the pungent scents escaping from the cracks and windows in organized wafts, it could have been dismissed as just another ordinary household.

Granted, it took a peek to realize that this Mushroom house was actually an apothecary, thought curiously nobody had mustered the courage to warn the owner that such a sign was, in fact, misleading, and that nobody ever saw a mushroom like the one that was painted there.

Inside, the average teenager boy was tending to the counter and organizing the stocks, most likely working there to learn his craft, and being given a vast amount of independence in the process. As the door triggered the ring of a small bell, he looked up to greet the customer.

"Welcome to the- Oh", he paused, his practiced tone dying in his throat, "It's you, mistress".

An elven woman made her way in, reflexively scanning her surroundings with her piercing eyes, their deep orange colour marking her as a person most would find hard to deal with, albeit it was mostly her dark blue complexion, with a dark grey hue, that gave her the outsider status.

"You expecting someone else?", she moved quickly, but without hurry, her shoes making soft stepping sounds on the wooden floor, making it creak lightly under her weight, which was rather consistent for an elf. Did that made her fat for her racial standards? The boy never dared to ask.

"N-n-no mistress!", he quickly mumbled, "I-I just thought it was a customer".

The dark elf set a small bag on the counter and took her scarf off before undoing the ponytail holding her bright red hair, "Try to be more relaxed, a real customer would be ill inclined to speak with a stuttering boy", she then said while casually trying to adjust her hair with her hands, taking advantage of a mirror she kept hung to the wall for that sole reason.

"Yes mistress, certainly mistress".

As if noticing something off, but not alarmingly so, the woman scanned her surroundings once again. The shop was small but not cramped, especially considering they never really had that many customers at the same time, "Where is the girl?", she finally asked.

"Ah, she's not there mistress, she had errands to do. Says she'll be here in the afternoon, mistress".

"Oh", the elf commented, and gave not a second thought to it. It took her a couple minutes to realize the boy was continuing to stare at her, or anyhow that's how long she waited before asking, "Are you checking me for weak spots?".

"N-no mistress!", he instinctively backpedaled, holding a letter in his hands, "I-I just found this on the counter this morning, I do believe it's for you".

Struck with curiosity, she quickly snatched the letter from his hand, "You haven't been running through my mail I take", she said even after having confirmed it had not been opened. She read it immediately, showing no reaction, except for returning to the counter to tie her hair back up.

"It appears I have business to attend to", she explained, "Quite a pity, I planned to spend the day with you two, for a change, lest our neighbours forget who is the owner". With no other explanation, she left the shop, leaving the boy to sigh deeply, alone again.

-------------

"... Don't I hate such meetings".

It was very clear, from the look on the dark elf's face, that she would have preferred to meet a contact in a dark alley at night rather than a seedy tavern. She was hardly to blame, she looked every part of "out of place" in the vocabulary.

She never really understood why taverns were such popular places to meet for business; back at home, nobody who even just as half cared about their image would have invited anyone to a place normally reserved for common pastimes. She sighed, taking this as yet another reminder of how out of place she was.

Thought she had to admit, their meeting place was really sticking out from the crowd, which made the mysterious contractor gain some points in her own trust meter.

Not giving a care to anything else, she just moved forward and sat on that previously deserted table. Her presence was a card she intended to play face up, especially considering she was not the first one to have such idea, and someone actually out-planned her.

This made things... Interesting.

"At a first guess, I would say our situations are very similar", she states after having sat already, her eyes fixed on the other woman of doubtlessly charming presence. "And if you allow me to take another guess", she then continued with a tone fit for small talk at a tavern, "I would say the fact you are already here leads to the conclusion you are not the same person who sent me the letter, your presence here would be anticlimactic considering the... Curious way of sending such an invitation".

She then simply waits for an answer, as if striking a conversation with someone familiar.

Knowledge (local) check (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2397316/) to have an idea about what this Rat's Hair place is, who are its usual patrons and what it's famous for, or any other bit of trivia or information that might turn out handy

MikelaC1
2010-02-06, 10:28 PM
Linteshar smiles as the dark elf moves into sit with her, and listens to her as she speaks.

If you received an anonymous note seemingly left by a ghost, able to bypass all security unseen, then yes, we are in similar situations.
She looks around for the barkeep, but before signaling him, looks back to the elf
Would you like something to drink, it would be less conspicuous if you were, rather than just sitting. And no, I didnt send the note, I have no idea of who did. It seemed a bit dramatic to me, and I have doubts about whether or not this mystery person would have something to interest me.
If the elf agrees, she will order what she wants.
By the way, my name is Linteshar.

Mokuren
2010-02-07, 08:01 AM
Ah, surface drinks, another reason for which she avoided such places. She could never make a connection between what she wanted and what she got, they were just this alien to her.

"I... I'll take an ale, too", she says to the barkeep, her voice betraying a note of nervousness that did not come out when she casually approached the other woman, to the point she waited until he left before continuing the conversation.

"Amaryllis is the name", she then said, spelling it with a bit of care, as if afraid it was too difficult for the local accent, "And I don't think we can honestly consider ourselves to be conspicuous given the circumstances. No matter the effort, such a dramatic mean to summon us leaves mark on our faces when we but open the door, let alone talk", she flashes a light, but somewhat wicked smile, "A praiseworthy tactic to keep us at a disadvantage, indeed, thought it makes our task look more like a ransom than a request".

From the casualty of her tone now, it would almost seem that this is her ordinary way of making requests, where putting people at a disadvantage is the equivalent of saying "please".

"So", she then continues, "Are you here because you honestly care about the fate of Garandar, or has curiosity bitten your hand?".

MikelaC1
2010-02-07, 12:50 PM
Garandar is not my home city, to be sure, however I have a certain amount of interest in at least maintaining some of the status quo, depending upon what our mystery person wants changed...or stopped. Not enough interest that I will face certain death, but some. Curiousity is a big part as well. I'll listen to any kind of offer, but no guarantees that I will accept them.

Jacob Orlove
2010-02-07, 05:18 PM
Ivan

Ivan can't keep his eyes off the two women once they start talking. Of course, that's because he's busy lip-reading, but both women are so used to drawing stares that they probably even notice his attention. So, he was not the only one who'd been sent a mysterious missive. That would seem to rule out the people he already knew--they wouldn't give him access to their other contacts like this--so he would have to be on the lookout for a stranger. Curious.

When Linteshar signals for the barkeep, Ivan whispers, "I've got this one." The bartender looks over at the women, shakes his head, and mutters, it's your funeral.

The barman who makes his way to their table is a tall man, with jet black hair and a charming, open face. His clothes have seen better days, though; they're ragged and somewhat poorly patched up. He takes their orders with a smile, promises to bring them "the real stuff, none of that watered-down swill," then bows slightly and heads back to the bar.

Linteshar and Amaryllis can roll spot checks to see through Ivan's minor disguise, assuming they pay any attention to him. DC is based on his disguise check:
Disguise check to look at little more low-class than he really is (minor details only, just the clothes): [roll0].
Spot check for lip-reading [roll1].
Listen check for his walk back (can't lip read when he's looking the wrong way) [roll2].

Mokuren
2010-02-07, 08:49 PM
The dark elf nods, carefully considering the woman's words.

"I suppose hearing the request first won't hurt", she then agrees with a shrug, "Thought I wonder what the criteria for choosing us was. I also wonder whether we actually will be given a chance to refuse at all", she smiles again, and it's still somewhat wicked, "Our patron does seem to know how to make gears spin his way".

Why not, let's roll all the spot and listen checks to see if Amaryllis notices anything suspicious about Ivan.
Spot check for the disguise (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2398631/). Well, she definitely notices something odd.

MikelaC1
2010-02-08, 09:22 AM
Our patron might be here already
Linteshar motions to the man who took their order
See that man who just took our order? Hes been watching us and reading lips to 'listen' to us

Mokuren
2010-02-08, 12:01 PM
"... And there I thought he just had a funny nose", she adds with a conspirational smile, "I suppose it's the least to be expected for a place with such a reputation in a place like this".

The dark elf then sighs, looking a little less convinced than she should be, "But for some reason, I don't think he's our mysterious patron. My instincts tell me that this bartender is the kind of person that claims an island of quiet in a stormy place but seldom acts beyond that", her eyes flicker through the common room once again, "I suspect we have been called by someone with much grander motives, stronger means and rather awkward plans, if I must say".

Jacob Orlove
2010-02-08, 07:34 PM
Ivan

Ivan cleans three mugs, fills them with ale, and then brings them over to the table. He hands one each to Linteshar and Amaryllis, then takes the third for himself, and leans against one of the chairs. He smiles amiably, and asks, "Talking about me?"

Mokuren
2010-02-08, 07:55 PM
The dark elf shifts her gaze to meet the newcomer, her dark orange eyes staring with a somewhat amused look, "You sure must be feeling grand to assume this. Actually, I doubt you are the person we are looking for".

She shifts her body as well, but just a little, to a stance more suited to sitting when facing two people instead of just one, "But this does not mean you aren't welcome, even if your sole reason for sitting here is enjoying the company of two beautiful women", she then flashes a partially reassuring smile, "Of course, that would get boring quick".

MikelaC1
2010-02-08, 08:31 PM
You certainly were taking quite an interest in us, reading our lips and all. And unless I miss my guess, that tattered and ratty look you assume is not entirely a true one. Now, the chance of two beautiful women showing up in a bar like this is pretty much a longshot, near likely impossible. So....is there any other reason you might be here?

Jacob Orlove
2010-02-09, 02:08 AM
Ivan

Ivan meets Amaryllis's amused look with a grin, "But you were talking about me. And I could never get bored in the company of women as beautiful as you two." He winks, and takes a generous sip of his ale.

At Linteshar's question, Ivan turns to address her, waving his free hand at his 'tattered' robe, "I'll admit, it's not my best work. In my defense, I didn't get much time to prepare. And you don't need to be indirect; we're all here for the same reason, unless I'm much mistaken." He pulls out a familiar looking piece of parchment from a pouch at his belt, then replaces it, "I assume this is the same letter you were both referring to? I must admit it piqued my curiosity when I found it."

Mokuren
2010-02-09, 07:06 AM
"Well, that makes three of us", Amaryllis makes an awkward shrug, her ale still untouched, "Thought I wonder what were the criteria for summoning us, it does not appear we have much in common with each other".

She crosses her legs, leaning back on her chair and tilting her head a bit to the side, "Or maybe we do. After all, I do not think our newest friend is the only one to wear masks, thought I must admit his are more elaborate than mine".

MikelaC1
2010-02-09, 07:44 AM
LINTESHAR

So now we are three. I wonder, is that the limit, or are there more to come? Do either of you have associates that might be called into this? I must admit, I dont, all of the people I know would howl for the guard or attempt to buy off anything more dangerous than a kobold.

Linteshar takes a healthy drink of her ale, and smiles at Ivan

At least you know how to pour a drink, ah, I didnt catch the name?

BobElliot
2010-02-09, 01:19 PM
I don't mean to break the conversation, but I would like to get this in before I forget to include myself at all

Just coming back from one of his trips to gather information for his general use, Gaimus found the note. It was nondescript, but that was exactly what made it so interesting. This patron knew his business; the Rat's Hair is an excellent choice for a meeting. This person also had plenty of resources; the delivery was impeccable, and Gaimus might have missed it if he wasn't as watchful as he is. The only thing that this called for was a trip tomorrow night.

The rest of the day, Gaimus relaxes. No use in straining himself right before a big job. He messes around with his wolf (a nice reward from one of his poorer, out of town jobs, and the experience taught him much). He also practices a bit of indoor archery, arranging the furniture in various ways designed to make it hard to hit his target at one end of his private apartment. Mostly just things to pass the time.

The morning before the meeting was supposed to happen, Gaimus rises late and leaves his wolf behind. He spends the rest of the morning just wandering the streets of middle Garandar; nowhere else in his travel has he been able to be surrounded by so many people, yet be so anonymous. He breaks for lunch, and then heads down to the neighborhood of the Tavarn; middle city food just always seems to taste better than below. Once down, Gaimus simply sits himself in one of the then unoccupied booths of the tavern, and spends the afternoon welcoming newcomers to hide the fact that he is loitering. Around 7 o'clock, he notices that one table is remarkably empty. He sees 2 women sit there, followed by Ivan with his little trick as bartender. Seeing his fellow bounty hunter take a seat, Gaimus takes the opportunity to excuse himself from his merry cover and works his way to the table to join the three.

Ah, Ivan, how nice to see you here. He says as he finally reaches the booth. I think it's strange to see a man such as yourself in a place like this, unless you have something to do here. But then again, so do I. And who are these women here?

MikelaC1
2010-02-09, 02:10 PM
And now we are four...if indeed you have one of the letters of admittance. My name is Linteshar, and I will let my acquaintance introduce herself, I would not presume to do such. But you both should sit, too many people standing around an obviously open booth invites comment and suspicion.

BobElliot
2010-02-09, 02:42 PM
With a small smile, Gaimus takes a seat. Naturally. Thank you for the invitation. Do you happen to have the time? I've been here a while and I can't seem to find a timepiece I can hear in this place. Is our patron late yet?

Allomancer
2010-02-09, 02:59 PM
Mirik Avarii

Mirik awoke groggy and with a splitting headache. Another late morn-- no, afternoon, now -- after drinking and dancing until the earliest hours of morning. Why? he wondered in his own head, worried the pounding would only worsen if he spoke. Fortunately, the staff knew to let the young nobleman handle his own affairs until dinner the day after a party, especially if he were accompanied, though he returned to his home alone this day. He opened his door to retrieve the fresh milk and found a note tied to the knob. A suspicious glance around preceded his reading it and dropping it eyes wide before scooping it back up and retreating back into his room and reading it again.

Surely they cannot... Mirik thought as his head swirled. "No," he said aloud before wincing and musing silently, of course not. If they had, I'd be dead. Or worse...

His thoughts turning dark, Mirik quickly washed and dressed and headed out for food fun and companionship before investigating this Rat's Nest and what and why someone would want the heir to the Avarii fortune to help save Garandar.

*^*^*^*

A very large, very drunk-looking man stumbles towards the group. His reddened, bulbous nose had obviously been broken many times. Bloodshot but glazed eyes scanned the table and its occupants before settling on the women and stopping at the most recent female speaker.

"Lent-shaaar, eh? HIC!" he breathes heavily as if the walk from a few tables were a trip across town. "I ken ya! 'Memmmber mee?" he says grinning broadly and displaying gaps amidst yellowed and even blackened teeth. "Ye wonn' ha'e 'nee'thin' ta do wit' me boot ya shew oop an claim an invite same'zzz me?" he winks and waves a letter before quickly depositing it inside his muddy overcoat. He deftly twirls a chair around and parks himself astride it, arms resting folded atop the back towards the table.

He looks at Gaimus. "I, too, would be interested to meet our patron," he says in a perfectly clear and cultured voice.

[roll0]

MikelaC1
2010-02-09, 06:01 PM
Linteshar doesnt seem to recognize the drunk man at first, however when she hears him speak, she leans forward and checks him over more closely.

Mirik, is that you? I do remember you, however, you certainly clean up better when I last met you. So, youve been invited to this little thing as well? We certainly are an odd combination, thats for sure.

Jacob Orlove
2010-02-09, 06:02 PM
Ivan

Ivan only gets as far as "Gaimus! Tired of hiding in that corner?" when the drunk man interrupts. Ivan's expression is at first puzzled and distasteful, but his eyes widen slightly when the man's tone changes.

Ivan laughs, "Not as drunk as you look, eh? It's a convincing act." He turns back to Linteshar, and tips his cap, "My name? Ivan Stark, at your service, my lady."

Allomancer
2010-02-09, 06:10 PM
Mirik

The not-so-drunk man laughs heartily before settling an unflinching and unblinking gaze on Linteshar. "One and the same, Lady! A pleasure to see you again!" he says softly.

Mirik inclines his head towards Ivan. "Thank you. I worked hard on it. I figured it best not to draw certain attention to this endeavor," he says with an arched eyebrow and another gaze at Linteshar. He nods to each of the others. "I'm Mirik. Pleasure to make your acquaintances, as well!"

BobElliot
2010-02-09, 06:16 PM
mildly surprised, Gaimus returns the nod. Well, now I know the names of everybody but one; what is yours, if I my so ask? he directs towards the elf he hasn't been introduced to yet.

Mokuren
2010-02-09, 06:50 PM
The dark elf had been rather silent as of late. So, she was the only piece of the puzzle that didn't already fit with the others? How... Curious, thought she had to admit that her acquaintances outside her work were, in fact, very unlikely to show up at such a crowded place. They very well knew how she hated that.

"Name's Amaryllis", she then says, teasing a lock of red hair and betraying a hint of nervousness, "It appears that some of you know each other already, you have a clear advantage over me".

She then crosses her arms, letting out a sigh, "None of us, however, knows our mysterious patron. If I understand correctly, he is still amiss", she takes a brief scan of her surroundings, thought not really expecting to see or learn much, "I surely admire his skill at playing such a large number of people at the same time, but the wait gets tiring if the audience is left unsolicited too long".

Falconknight06
2010-02-09, 07:07 PM
At the elves words, everyone at the table feels an odd wind and everybody else in the bar seems to slow down, as a Halfling man approaches the group Well, I believe the lady to be talking about me he says, sitting down at the table. As soon as he sits, the group finds itself in what looks to be a backroom of a much nicer bar. The table also appears to have expanded to a comfortable size and invisible forces seem to be carrying around food, offering it to the group.

I've never been one to talk on an empty stomach. Would you all be opposed to eating before we get down to business? He asks the assembled group

BobElliot
2010-02-09, 07:13 PM
Expecting something strange, Gaimus isn't completely surprised. Yet he didn't expect such skill and finesse in the execution. However, this halfling doesn't strike him as one to answer questions on another's terms; Gaimus reaches to grab a plate (piece? whatever) of food from one of the ethereal servants. Thank you for the offer; I haven't had anything to eat since lunch.

MikelaC1
2010-02-09, 07:18 PM
LINTESHAR

I'll take a selection of fruit, if you have it.
Linteshar takes several pieces if they are offered
Now, before we begin, I do have to ask you something. We have obviously changed locations, does this mean we dont have a choice as to whether or not we accept this mission? Like an accident will happen to those who chose to opt out?

Falconknight06
2010-02-09, 07:29 PM
Of course not dear Linteshar the Halfling man says grabbing a piece of fruit from the fruit plate set on the table I have not moved us at all, we are in the same place, just in a different dimension, a dimensional pocket if you will. To anyone in the bar, it still appears as if we are sitting having a grand old time. I just thought we would be more comfortable in my own little pocket of reality to sit back and talk. Any of you is free to leave at any time, though I would appreciate you hear me out. The halfling man seems very cultured, though he is dressed in a well mad travelers outfit and a beautiful chain shirt. His features are well proportioned and make for a beautiful man.

Now, any food you wish is at your beck and call and feel free to ask me questions as we eat, though I am saving my request for the end of our meal.

Mokuren
2010-02-09, 08:27 PM
Of all things, the reality shift is the least surprising to the elf. Albeit curious, being or feeling isolated from the rest of the bar seems to get her in higher spirits. There is still a trace of nervousness behind her appearance, but it's better hidden.

"Very well", she says, with a light smile, "It appears I was right in saying you enjoy using dramatic means. Thought I must say, as long as this brings us free food, I'm not going to complain".

She picks a handful of grapes, probably one of the few fruits she managed to become familiar to, "I'm curious, thought", she then muses, "What could a person able to bend reality at his beck and call want from the four of us? You have certainly succeeded at striking our curiosity, I wonder what you plan to do with it now".

Jacob Orlove
2010-02-09, 08:56 PM
Ivan

"Well, this explains a lot," Ivan muses, looking around the room. He sets down his mug on the now-larger table, and takes a seat. His gaze finally settles on the halfling. "Thank you for the offer, but I'll stick to my ale. I do have a question, though. Who are you?" Ivan looks genuinely curious, rather than suspicious.

Now that they have some time to relax, the others can get a good look at Ivan. He has black hair, eyes to match, a dark complexion, and a handsome, open face. He's still tall, although less obviously so while sitting down.

Now that it's been pointed out to everyone, the illusion on his clothes is like a faint shimmer, showing wear and tear that isn't really there. Ivan wears a well-tailored white shirt, black trousers, a dark brown vest, and a hooded gray cloak. He has a small pack or satchel slung low beneath the cloak, and a few rings on his left hand.

Allomancer
2010-02-10, 10:20 AM
Mirik

Moving with deft hands far quicker than one would expect for a man of his bulk, Mirik proffers a plate of bananas, grapes, cherries and strawberries to Linteshar. "Hopefully this will suffice in the meantime, Shar?" he inquires in a courtly manner while keeping an ear towards the halfling and Ivan's question.

Falconknight06
2010-02-10, 05:55 PM
Finally, our other resident beauty speaks the Halfling says with a smile. I guess it is only fair seeing as I know your name fair maiden. My name is Kairec Gall. As for why I need your help, I am not as powerful as you make me out to be. I just happen to own the bar and I've set this table up for mine and my friends personal use. Spells are much less complicated when you've got a long time to cast it. I just used a permanent, greatly altered version of the Magnificent Mansion spell. I guess my point is that I do not posses the power to stop this threat, and from what I've gathered, you five are capable.

Jacob Orlove
2010-02-10, 06:13 PM
Ivan

Ivan arches one eyebrow, "That still doesn't explain your trick with the notes. Still, it's good to meet you. And if you want capable, you've got the right man." Ivan somehow manages to make this sound like a statement of fact, rather than a boast.

MikelaC1
2010-02-10, 06:55 PM
LINTESHAR

Linteshar nibbles at the fruit that Mirik puts on the plate for her, and takes a moment to look around at her possible new companions. As she does so, she thinks to herself of what they must see in her.
Mere words are not enough to describe Linteshar Zadrin; every 5 foot 7 inch of her oozes a sensuous beauty. Her dark hair cascades in unruly curls to just above her shoulders, and her green eyes sparkle constantly with a hint of mischief. She is always wearing a very inviting smile and her body promises unimaginable pleasures; while the black robes she favours hug every curve of it. A small golden circlet is nearly invisible, nestled within her brunette curls; her only other jewellery is a pair of rings, a set of earrings and a small diamond that dangles from a lacy veil that she wears around her neck.
Linteshar appears to be completely unarmed, only a very observant person would be able to notice a dagger tucked into her belt. She does not appear to carry the normal accoutrements of a wizard either, although what her purse holds can only be guessed at.

http://tinypic.com/r/1zc0o7c/6

Mokuren
2010-02-11, 03:39 AM
The elf's eyes shift between her new companions. So, they have all been watched on for a very long time, which made things even more suspicious. "I see", is her only comment as she keeps on carefully eating grapes. Those pesky little fruits, why were they so yummy?

"Since you have deemed us the best chance Garandar has for its future, we might as well get on to business", she then continues, leaning a bit forward on her chair, "What is this threat so grand that a wizard of celestial descent cannot stop? And what did he see in the people around this table for them to have more chances?".

Her stare wasn't openly aggressive, but it was sure intense, and not just for her unusual eye colour.

Falconknight06
2010-02-13, 08:45 PM
Kairec stares deeply into the elf's eyes, almost as if his deep green eyes were staring into her very soul. He then spoke, never breaking eye contact, has anyone told you you have very pretty eyes Amaryllis?. The Halfling sits back with a grin and continues, my reason for seeking you five out is my belief that you can stop the city of Garandar from becoming the focal point of a gate to Hell, releasing devils into the city as well as trying to covertly place a disguised pit fiend on the throne of Garandar. As he speaks of devils, the halfling's face takes on a much more serious look, a look that tells anyone looking upon him that he was deathly serious. As he says this, he sets a small glass orb on the table, the inside of which is a swirling mass of red smoke and flashes of electricity.

MikelaC1
2010-02-13, 11:27 PM
LINTESHAR

Linteshar looks at the globe, swirling with electricity and fire; if anyone noticed, her face became much harder at the mention of devils.

Is that the focus of their activity? May I touch it, or would that be unsafe?

Mokuren
2010-02-14, 09:11 AM
It's properly contained, like a real noblewoman would, but after some more intense staring, Amaryllis does burst into a laugh.

"My, my, aren't you the little charmer?", her smile appears sincere and she's overally more relaxed, even after the reveal. The small glass orb does not impress her much, as if she had a history with demons, or at least magic that deals with them.

"Well then", she says, trying to sound a little more serious, thought for some reason the circumstances still amuse her, "I assume that having a Pit Fiend at the head of the city does not suit your agenda. Do you have any lead on what their objectives in doing so might be?"

Falconknight06
2010-02-14, 10:46 AM
Of course, Linteshar, it is safe to touch. As for it being the focus of their activity, this orb is more of a devil detector than anything else. When a red fog appears, it means that their is increased devil activity, but nothing a normal wizard such as myself could take care of. Being in possesion of such an object, I had taken it upon myself to take care of any devil problems Garandar might have, but I stumbled upon something big. I overheard a group of summoners talking about a plan to replace the king with a disguised pit fiend.

Kairec turns towards Amaryllis and smiles as for it not fitting in with my plan, I'm sure I don't need to inform you of what devils are capable of. If a pit fiend can place himself on the throne, he could order the wizard college to open up a portal to hell under the guise of research or some such nonsense those fools would believe, allowing devils free passage onto our plane.

Kairec then sits back in his chair and looks into the orb, as I said before, the red mist has always meant devil activity I could take care of myself, so when I saw the storm inside the orb, it made me believe that the summoners and the devils are making their moves, and I knew I would need to get a group together who could handle it, hence the five of you.

Jacob Orlove
2010-02-14, 02:47 PM
Ivan

With the halfling's request (literally) on the table, Ivan is all business. In a dry voice, he asks, "I charge extra when it's political. And, you overheard them plotting? That's quite remarkable. Did you get a good look at these summoners, too?"

Ivan doesn't say so out loud, but it seems much more likely to him that Kairec either was in league with those summoners, or had been working with them and now wanted them stopped. Perhaps to consolidate power for himself? It wasn't Ivan's problem either way, but he didn't like unknowns.

Falconknight06
2010-02-15, 01:30 PM
I did get a good look at the summoners I overheard. I also got a good look as they failed at their deal with the devil they were summoning and were disembowled one at a time by their summoned creature. Luckily I was able to dismiss the creature back to Hell. As made obvious by my ability to leave the note undetected, I'm rather adept at sneaking into places. I'm certain there are more summoners, considering the cliche'd dark hooded character they spoke to over the plan. I'm glad that one of their wizards forgot there plan and needed it explained to him Kairec says to Ivan, leaning forward and casting an illusion of a figure looking to be 8 ft. tall in a dark red and black cloak with a hood covering his face in shadow. One obvious feature is the glint of silver in one of his teeth as he smiled a smile that sends chills down the spine of everyone in attendance. The illusion then moved around the table, a dark cloud that smelled of sulfur as it teleported around instead of walking.

Allomancer
2010-02-15, 02:22 PM
Mirik

The big not-really-so-drunk man had been frozen as Kairec and the others discussed the halflings' reasonings, fork held just above his plate. He briefly shakes his head as if to clear it of cobwebs before settling his gaze on the halfling and placing his fork on the plate. He steeples his fingers in front of him. "Clearly you are very talented. And that..." he indicates the illusory...whatever, "is clearly dangerous and vile. But why us? Why we five of varying stations and abilities - clearly - amongst all those in this city? Just being here is compromising to varying degrees," Mirik switches his look from Kairec to Linteshar before changing it back to the halfling. "I am not saying no. I just want to know what your criteria were and how we were chosen. Since I was chosen, you probably have an idea of what I have at stake here." He lifts a goblet and drinks from it without removing his eyes from his host.

MikelaC1
2010-02-15, 02:55 PM
LINTESHAR

Linteshar listens quietly to the discussions going on. She seems to give no indication of which way she is thinking about this mission, merely waiting until all the details are on the table, including challenges, payment and how much information Kairec can give them.

BobElliot
2010-02-15, 10:19 PM
Gaimus is still eating, grabbing a handful of food every once in a while to place on his plate. However, he is chewing slowly, being sure to only eat soft foods. He wants to hear everything this strange little man has to say and doesn't want his chewing to get in the way; he too has a certain interest in the city's well being.

Jacob Orlove
2010-02-16, 02:07 AM
Ivan

It still didn't add up, but Ivan decides not to press the point. He could look into this halfling's involvement later. For now, he just wants more information. "Well then, what can you tell us about our mystery man here?" He asks, gesturing to the illusion, then adds, "and you still haven't mentioned any sort of payment."

Mokuren
2010-02-16, 08:36 AM
"Indeed", the dark elf agrees, "More information on what I assume to be the head of this summoner cult would be welcome, even if it's just a collection of rumours or vague impressions".

She glances at her companions every once in a while. Clearly, the halfing's not the only stranger to her around the table.

Falconknight06
2010-02-16, 09:42 PM
Well, aren't you Mr. High and Mighty. Kairec says, a hint of mischief in his eyes. He continues but I understand your concerns. Your advantage is that the summoners seem to be concentrated here in the lower city. Also, I would never expect you to risk your reputations on something I and the city need you to do. If you accept this task, I do have a gift that will likely prove useful in concealing your identity from those who wish to know it. They are rings of my own design that serve as permanent illusions of one persona you would like, as well as ways to telepathically communicate with others of your choice who are wearing the ring. As he says this, he pulls five steel rings from his pocket and sets them on the table. He then turns towards Ivan I'm was not prepared for a request of payment. I figured you would gladly accept the chance to save the town you live in. As for payment, I guess I could allow you free drinks in my bar for the rest of your lives if you succeed.

MikelaC1
2010-02-17, 07:59 AM
Linteshar picks up one of the rings and examines it for a moment, then looks back to Kairec.
No payment, but free drinks. Hmmm. I assume by this arrangement that we get to keep for ourselves anything that we manage to recover on this mission. And these rings, do we keep them as well? And do we use this special ball to find them, or do you have more information on their location?

Mokuren
2010-02-17, 08:42 AM
The elf stares at the ring in front of her, almost as if she didn't trust a magic item given out for free. Considering the situation, and her distance from her hometown, she eventually decides to pick it up and closely examine it. Of course, it doesn't really do her any good.

"Few know this, but my kind can live for very long", she says as she pockets her ring, "So I hope you know what you're saying when you promise us free drinks for the rest of our lives. As for the rest, I agree with Linteshar. Knowing what robes our target likes to wear is nice, but we need a lead, or we might waste too much time trying to get a grip for our own good".

There was a certain part of her tone that gave the idea she expected the halfling to know more than he was saying, but it was rather subtle.

Jacob Orlove
2010-02-17, 01:03 PM
Ivan

Ivan shakes his head. "I can always move. And drinks, I can buy. These," he says, pointing to the rings, "won't do me much good either. There are only so many baubles one can have before they become tiresome. No, I was thinking of an equal exchange, favor for favor. I do this for you, and when I need your help, I'll let you know. But the ladies are correct; we'll need more to go on if you want this done quickly."

MikelaC1
2010-02-18, 02:40 PM
LINTESHAR

Linteshar seems to make up her mind, and without further ado, dons the ring. Her appearance changes somewhat, different hair color, a slight change to her face and eyes, her clothes undergo a big shift, however the powerful charisma she radiates is still present.

I dont know about the rest of you, but I, for one, will oppose devils wherever they plot, and if they are looking to replace the king, Im sure they must have some loot worthwhile to take. I accept this mission. Now, what can you tell me about where they are located or how do I use this globe like some sort of seeking device

Falconknight06
2010-02-18, 05:36 PM
Kairec's eyes brighten at Linteshar's proclamation well I'm glad one of you does not need reasons other than protecting our king and opposing the machinations of devils. As for where the summoners are, they seem to meet in an abandoned house near the entrance to the sewers. The makeshift temple they had made for the summoning is situated in some caverns which are accessible from the sewers, but I'm not sure they would use it again after the last fiasco. The orb, sadly, can not detect exactly where the devils or there minions are, only the general information that the have increased in activity. I also suspect that there may be a connection between the summoning an a noble house that wishes to take over the throne. I don't know any nobles myself, but perhaps you could check there. Those are the only leads I can provide, I'm sorry. Kairec leans forward and looks at Ivan, as Linteshar said, I'm sure you will find many items of interest while performing this task, and I ask for none of them. I wish I could offer more, but you five are the most qualified to perform this task.

Allomancer
2010-02-18, 05:42 PM
Mirik

Mirik nods as he takes a ring for himself, though he does not put it on yet. "A noble house, you say? That could prove difficult," he muses with a wide grin revealing the poor teeth of his disguise.

BLAST! Which one?

He turns the ring over in his hands and holds it up while looking through the ring first at Linteshar, then at the halfling. "Fair enough. So is the thought projection wide band to any who wear the rings, or can it be focused on one particular bearer?" Mirik inquires as the ring rolls over his knuckles and smoothly slides onto a finger.

Falconknight06
2010-02-18, 06:24 PM
You can choose who you want the messages to go to, it is not a wide band message Kairec answers

MikelaC1
2010-02-18, 08:55 PM
LINTESHAR

Questioning those of the noble houses, even obliquely, would prove difficult, and probably ultimately self defeating, we probably couldnt get any information before they got wind of our activities, perhaps myself or Mirik could try, but I think our best bet is to see if there are any clues at the abandoned temple or the meeting house, then go from there.

BobElliot
2010-02-18, 09:02 PM
Gaimus' eyes flash at the idea of a second persona, one that is free from the publicity that he can't avoid. However, he lets the others talk, he has no real piece in the conversation. Sure it would suck if evil demons took over the city, but hey, that's the life of a wanderer. He just takes one of the steel bands and places it into his pocket, waiting for a better time to be somebody else.

As the conversation continues, he realizes that his skill in finding information in the city will help them. The challenge amuses him.
It seems we are short on all the answers we need. Perhaps we should first decide if we will do this, but with the rings we will not be burdened with the need for a covert meeting. Ivan and I are quite adept at learning things if we put our mind to it, so we could make our decision in a day's time with far more information than it appears our patron is able to give us. I for one want to at least investigate this further.

Jacob Orlove
2010-02-19, 01:09 AM
Ivan

When Kairec mentions that a noble house might be involved, Ivan frowns, although he seems amused by Mirik and Linteshar's comments. His sarcastic tone returns, "There are better ways to poke around a noble house's affairs than to knock at the front door and ask politely if they're up to no good."

Ivan looks at the final ring on the table, sighs, and picks it up. "I'm supposed to charge extra when it's political, but this should at least be interesting. And it's never a bad thing to break out of my routine. I suppose you can count me in." Pocketing the ring, he adds, "Gaimus is right, we should find out more before we dive in. I'll do my best to uncover what leads I can, but there's other research to be done. If we're going up against devils, we need to know about their capabilities, and make adequate preparations. And we're going to have to dig up a map of those sewers--they should have one somewhere in the council records, I'd imagine."

Allomancer
2010-02-19, 09:17 AM
Mirik

Mirik nods approvingly. "'Shar and I should be able to at least put feelers out without stirring up anything. If nothing else, we could seek out the gossip-mongers amongst the nobility and filter what they have to say," he shrugs before looking at Ivan with a wicked grin. "And there are easier ways to start getting that information than by randomly knocking on doors. We find some likely informants and pump them for information. Subtly," he chuckles with a wink at Linteshar. "And those are things at which I am very accomplished!" he adds with an arched eyebrow.

Mokuren
2010-02-19, 04:24 PM
The dark elf scratches her head. This job will prove more troublesome than she expected, and it's not even really her field of action, thought it will certainly help with her objectives after its success.

"I volunteer for the clue hunt", she then states, raising her hand, "Dealing with human nobility is something I would rather avoid, thought I have no problems in keeping an ear on the streets. Actually, I think that's what I'll be doing, starting from this evening, at least until we get a better lead".

These are the kind of jobs that are always annoying to start out, but get more interested the deeper one progresses. Or at least, that's what she was expecting out of this

Jacob Orlove
2010-02-21, 02:32 PM
Ivan

Ivan just shrugs at Mirik's barb. "If he can be found, I'll find him." He wasn't about to get into a debate on methods just yet; better to keep some trade secrets for himself.

"So we're all agreed? We'll meet tomorrow, here I suppose, although I wouldn't object to someplace less, ah, conspicuous. I suppose that's all, then. Unless you have some parting words of wisdom, Kairec?" Ivan asks.

Allomancer
2010-02-22, 09:20 AM
Mirik

Grinning, the man nods his head. "Agreed! I suppose we could simply contact one another to determine a meeting time and place, hm?"

Mirik turns to Linteshar. "Perhaps you would care to join me this evening and we can make some plans and select some likely targets with which to begin our queries?"

MikelaC1
2010-02-22, 09:53 AM
LINTESHAR

Linteshar wrinkles her nose at Mirik as he makes his suggestion.
Not until you take a scrub brush to those teeth of yours, and a bath to boot.
She pauses for a moment, then asks the halfling
Is there a range on these rings?

Allomancer
2010-02-22, 10:39 AM
Mirik

Smirking, Mirik winks at Linteshar. "But of course! This appearance offends me as much as anyone else, I assure you!"

Falconknight06
2010-02-22, 04:47 PM
Words of wisdom I'm afraid I lack. You can feel free to use this little pocket of reality if need be, your rings will allow you in. Kairec then turns towards Linteshar, Well my dear, I've never tested the maximum range on those rings. I would say at least 6 miles, but I make no guarantees past that. Kairec stands and grabs his cloak from the back of his chair, now I must be leaving. Feel free to stay here a while longer, though I do request you leave before closing time. With a bow, the small man leaves the room and disappears beyond the threshold.

MikelaC1
2010-02-22, 08:42 PM
LINTESHAR

Linteshar looks to Mirik
Shall we go and take care of your appearance, and then see who we can pump...for information, I mean.
Linteshar stands and moves to the edge of the pocket, waiting to see if Mirik moves as well.
We will contact you immediately if we find something, and if not, we will meet back here tomorrow night, around 9 or so.

Allomancer
2010-02-23, 09:21 AM
Mirik

The big man rises and deftly spins his chair around on one leg so that it properly faces the table. He pushes it in and bows to the rest of those seated, grinning broadly. "The lady beckons, so I must away!" Mirik steps to Linteshar and holds out an escorting elbow.

"Shall we?" he inquires.

MikelaC1
2010-02-23, 01:39 PM
LINTESHAR

Linteshar takes the proferred elbow and steps out of the pocket dimension with Mirik.

Jacob Orlove
2010-02-23, 09:32 PM
Ivan

Ivan grins as the pair walks out, "I'd hate to be the target of that pair," He looks at Gaimus and Amaryllis, "But, down to business. How are we going to split this up? I think it's best if I start narrowing down that mysterious noble house. Mirik and Linteshar can work from the top down, so I'll work from the bottom up." Ivan shakes his head in a mixture of scorn and amazement, "The nobles are so used to ignoring their servants, it's a wonder they keep any secrets at all."

Mokuren
2010-02-24, 07:20 AM
"That is why I can't stand human nobility, a bunch of irresponsible children with tongues too loose for their own good", the elf sighs deeply, then stands from her chair, "I must admit that while I'm used to work alone, I believe this is too much for me to not ask any help. But as I said enough times, I'm not familiar with the highest ranks of this town".

Her eyes set on Ivan, "So, think you can help me get a crash course on how to deal with local nobility?".

Jacob Orlove
2010-02-24, 07:56 PM
Ivan

Ivan's first thought is to decline the elf's offer; it'll be easier to check with his contacts on his own, and safer too. But he catches himself just in time. He knows Gaimus pretty well, and the other two won't be hard to keep tabs on, but Amaryllis is an unknown quantity, and potentially a dangerous one at that. And there would be time later for his own investigations.

Ivan stands up, and bows deeply, "As I said, I am at your service, my lady." He straightens up, and looks over at Gaimus, "That leaves the lowest level of our fair city to you. Agreed?"

BobElliot
2010-02-25, 09:38 AM
Of course. I never mind the challenge, and there are so many interesting people down here. I can even start here, as soon as we leave, and I'll be finished by mid-morning. Just as soon as I finish this plate. I'm sure that whatever this demon cult is, it won't suddenly finish tonight or tomorrow. Our dear employer would be quite foolish if he only gave us this much information so close to doomsday. While saying this, Gaimus takes some meats and beef bones, and places them in a bag he brought. You don't mind if I take some more for a little doggy back home for Froo, naturally. He gets so upset when I'm gone all day and forget all about him. He's not paying attention to what he's saying, really already far ahead into the night in his mind.

Contacts and locales he can scan are already formulating in Gaimus' head. He'll probably ask around this tavern first, as it's the closest, and then he'll check near the closest sewer entrance to see if he can find a local sewer rat with information of the deeps. From there, he can check the people that live on the street or next to the abandoned house. By then, some kind of lead should turn up about what he's looking for.

Jacob Orlove
2010-02-26, 12:15 AM
Ivan

Ivan nods, "Works for me. I'll put in a good word for you with the bartender before I leave." He turns back to Amaryllis, holding out a hand to help her rise, if she wishes, "With your permission?

Before leaving the tavern, Ivan stops at the bar to say goodbye to his newfound friend. In keeping with his role as an out of work actor, he announces that he's found, "a part, or maybe something better." with a saucy wink, and strongly implies that he owes it to Gaimus, "a good man, good man. Our sort."

With that taken care of, he escorts Amaryllis out of the place, and up to the middle city, ducking into a side alley at one point to dismiss his disguise. As they walk, he explains, "The first step, my dear, is to follow the money. If we're very lucky, these summoners will be from different temples and houses. If that's the case, one of them is bound to slip up and give the game away. But more likely, they're all together. Which means someone is financing the whole operation. That can't be cheap, and coin doesn't come easy in this city. We'll look to see who's spending less than they should be. And that saves us from having to ask rather uncomfortable questions, the kind that might get us noticed." He glances over his shoulder at the thought, then continues.

"We'll start at the Pig and Whistle; I know some merchants there, and I know who they sell to. If anyone's down on his luck, that means one of the Houses is cutting back. Once we have it narrowed down we can make more direct inquiries." Ivan continues to direct them through the maze of city streets, "But we can worry about that once we get there. For now, tell me more about yourself. Amaryllis, was it?"

Mokuren
2010-02-26, 02:54 PM
The elf noticeably relaxes once she's back out in the street. She might have audibly sighed or not, it was hard to tell.

"There's little to say about me, I come from a faraway place where things work very differently and I won't deny I'm still trying to adapt", she makes a brief pause to stretch her legs a little, "Sorry if I'm leaving most of the economics and politics to you, it's just that, up to now, I've been chasing down more... Common criminals, we could say. I could do that even without having a tight grasp on how human society works".

She stretches her arms as well, after which she appears readier than she ever was until now, "Very well. Sorry for my initial ineptitude, just lead the way for now, I promise I'll be way more helpful as we get deeper in this"

Jacob Orlove
2010-02-26, 05:45 PM
Ivan

Ivan smiles, "Well, if you have any questions, just ask. I know this city better than most, but I haven't had much opportunity to travel; you'll have to tell me about where you're from sometime." He thinks for a moment, then adds, "Actually, we might be able to take advantage of this, get the merchants to explain more than they otherwise would. They can be a bit standoffish if they think you're trying to move in on their business, but if you're new in town they might take a liking to you. Although I suppose that will depend on what we say you do. If you just chase criminals, I may have to worry about competition, but the merchants won't."

Mokuren
2010-02-27, 02:16 AM
"Oh, I would actually like to keep my crime-chasing occupation... Secret", the elf notes as if it was an afterthought, "I have a honest enterprise as well, and while it's mostly a façade, I'm rather fond of it, so I'd like to not compromise it".

She sighs, "But then, I wouldn't want to dirty it with this job, so I guess I'll just pretend to be a passing merchant, in the off chance somebody recognizes me. Thank goodness we have those rings", she says, shooting a glance to her own. "At any rate", she then continues, "If we are to approach suspicious people, we should do so with suspicious business. I, myself, have quite the interest in dealing with poisons for several reasons, so I would gladly take that part, I wouldn't even have to lie too much, which means I'm less likely to be caught".

Jacob Orlove
2010-02-27, 10:38 PM
Ivan

Ivan considers that information, rubbing his chin. He files some away for later, but declares, "I think we can work with that. Poisons are...unusual, but there's certainly demand among the nobles. More on the antidote side of things, admittedly, but still. I think we might be able to present you as a minor merchant, looking to sell to one of them, not to the noble houses directly. And I'd be there to show you around, and make introductions. It could work. If I need to modify our story on the fly, I will. Just go along with whatever I say." He pauses, looking at her ring, then adds, reluctantly, "Maybe we should put those on. Being able to talk without them knowing would be quite helpful."

Mokuren
2010-03-03, 05:03 PM
"Fine, fine, you're the one who knows how stuff works on the surface, anyways", she sighs and puts her ring on, turning into a... Woman just as striking as before, thought easier on the eyes of surface dwellers. The former dark elf is now a tall, dark-skinned woman with brown hair and yellow eyes, dressed in several layers of silken clothing that somehow manage to keep her shoulders bare, with a thick, tall belt of cord around her abdomen and the rest of her red and blue dress flowing down to her feet, brushing the ground.

"Do I look weird enough to pass as a stranger? I don't recall having seen many human women like these around before", she claims. Her elf ears are gone, in fact, and her proportions are more humanlike, which raises the issue of her original body being somewhat chubby for elven standards.

Jacob Orlove
2010-03-03, 05:44 PM
Ivan

Ivan smiles. "Weird? No. Exotic? Certainly. You'll have no trouble presenting as a foreigner," he says, as he slips a tarnished silver ring off of his left hand. "Still, where we're going first it won't be much of a concern. They know me, though, so I'd better stick to this look." Ivan pulls out his own steel ring and slips it on, without changing his appearance. He puts the other ring back on as well, with a small sigh of regret.

Looking up, he brightens. A sign at about eye level advertises the Pig and Whistle pub. "Ah, here we are. Now, keep an eye on your coin purse, but don't look like you're keeping an eye on it--they'd be offended. And try to stay out of the way when they start throwing things." With that bit of cryptic advice, Ivan ducks inside the small doorway, and holds it open for Amaryllis to enter.

Falconknight06
2010-03-03, 06:02 PM
As Amaryllis and Ivan enter the bar, they are greeted with the pleasing smell of well made ale and fresh bread. The sound of darts hitting a dart board are punctuated with a pleasing song being played by a gnome in the corner. The bar looks slightly dingy by upper city standards, but it is pleasing enough. Some Halfing patrons turn their heads to look at the tow as they enter, but then quickly return to their conversations and drinks.

Jacob Orlove
2010-03-04, 08:20 PM
Ivan

The pub at first seems to be full of children, but the proportions are off. A second look confirms that it's a halfling establishment. A third look takes in the low tables, and a seeming endless supply of darts. There's a large piece of slate on the left wall, where a halfling in a battered brown cap marks down points for the darts thrown at the painted targets on that side of the room, but there are darts stuck in almost every rafter, beam, and column, artifacts of long-ago bets.

<This thing working?> Ivan's thoughts are much like his voice, smooth and rich, but more guarded. He points to a table in the far corner, "That's where we're going. Mind the darts."

Falconknight06
2010-03-10, 09:24 PM
Ivan and the Elf make there way to a far table, with Amaryllis receiving many appreciative glances from the clientele. The two sit down at the table. The sounds of laughter and darts can be heard and delicious smells hang in the air.

MikelaC1
2010-03-10, 09:56 PM
LINTESHAR

As Ivan and Amaryllis sit down in the bar, they hear a telepathic voice in their heads.

In your inquiries, concentrate your efforts on finding out about the house of Galarn. They are a minor elven noble house, that has privately expressed the opinion that the current king's bloodline sullys the throne.

Jacob Orlove
2010-03-11, 01:51 AM
Ivan

<Duly noted. And thanks, that'll make things easier.> Linteshar "hears" in response.

Ivan waves to one of the dart players, "Garret, over here!" The halfling finishes his throw, then ambles over to the corner table. He's richly dressed, but the clothes are somewhat out of fashion, and a little worn. "Sit down, sit down, have a drink. This is, ah, Belladonna. Belladonna, Garret. Now tell me, how's business? Those elves still treating you right?" He flags down a pitcher and some mugs, and pours Garret a drink.

<I hope you don't mind the pseudonym. Garret Talbot here is the main supplier for House Galarn. He looks a little down on his luck, though.> Ivan explains to Amaryllis.

Mokuren
2010-03-11, 07:23 AM
Dodging the darts is not much of a problem, after all the dark elf is everything but stupid enough to get in someone's line of fire, even if it's been a while since she has last been in a strike team. She keeps mostly to herself, especially in this form which appears somewhat uncomfortable to her, thought she fakes it well with just being distressed by how everything's so small and cramped.

"Pleased to meet you, eh", she says, offering her hand to Garret, "You can call me Belladonna. Please forgive my manner and languages, I am still becoming used to the local dialects, eh". Even thought there's no reason to, she's really faking that weird accent, even speaking slowly as if she's not entirely fluent with the language.

<That's good to hear>, she replies telepathically, where she doesn't hold this façade, <House Galarn, what is their line of business? What does he supply them, exactly?>

Jacob Orlove
2010-03-11, 11:15 AM
Ivan

<He supplies everything. Food, clothes, baubles, furniture, whatever they need. The noble houses don't want to waste their time dealing with a thousand individual merchants, so they have men like Garret do all their purchasing for them. He doesn't have his own goods to sell, which is why he'll be doing poorly if they're cutting back.> Ivan answers, Amaryllis and Garret shake hands.

Falconknight06
2010-03-19, 11:22 AM
Sorry for the delays, but we're back on track for the game. Mokuren, I am going to need a bluff roll for the accent, though it really depends on how much you're hamming it up. After I get that, I'll post the halflings response.

Falconknight06
2010-03-19, 01:44 PM
My lady the Halfling says, taking the offered hand and kissing it, then looking up at the elf with a mischievous grin a pleasure to meet you. After placing her hand back on the table Garret turns to Ivan with a smile, Ivan my friend, times are good I must say. The family has been purchasing all sorts of items and I couldn't be happier. I receive quite the commission, though apparently my placing it into a hidden vault is the reason I haven't been mugged so far. Anyway, what brings you to this bar? And with such a lovely lady as well.

Jacob Orlove
2010-03-20, 05:53 PM
Ivan

"Garret, that is good to hear. Keep your money safe, this city is a dangerous place to be rich." Ivan grins, and adds, "And it's about to get a little bit worse. Let me explain. Belladonna here is a specialist in, ah, shall we say, antidotes? Rather exotic ones, too. She's looking to sell, and I hear that some of the nobles are looking to buy. I'm giving her the two copper tour, introducing her to the representatives of likely customers. I wasn't sure if House Galarn would be interested, but I didn't want to deprive a good friend like you of an opportunity like this. Speaking of House Galarn, what are they buying these days, that's got you rolling in coin?"

Mokuren
2010-03-20, 08:24 PM
"As you certainly understood, being a traveler merchant is sort of taxing, eh", she intervenes with a sly smile and a shady tone, "Not having the protection of a house is tough for my line of work, eh. I am afraid I won't be able to stay here for too long until word spreaded".

Casually tossing a lock of hair behind her, she eyes Ivan first, then continues to Garret, "It is limited for an opportunity, you see. Even though we may keep trading at a later time, it would be a while before I can pass again, eh. I also have little time to learn how a city work, it's good thing I have a friend to hook me up eh, but please don't understand my hurry for unkindness eh?". She kept at it, that strange accent. It sounds really weird, where did she say she came from, again?

Falconknight06
2010-03-24, 07:03 PM
No worries fair maiden the Halfling says with a sly smile towards the pretty Elf, I know how it is in this world of ours, all the coming and going. As for what I'm doing to be in the coin, you know I can't say or else I'd lose my livelihood. The house comes to me for certain items because they know I can be discreet about it, and that even includes discretion with my friends. Garret turns towards the elven lady and says, perhaps I would be able to move some of your goods for you, to help out. I only request a three percent commission and perhaps a date with a lovely lady Garret grins as he says the last part of the offer.

Jacob Orlove
2010-03-25, 10:21 AM
Ivan

Ivan holds up his hands in friendly protest, "No, no, of course not. It was idle curiosity only, I assure you." He leans back against the wall, idly surveying the room.

Amaryllis hears, <That's a good price, he might be serious about the date. But bargain him down a bit anyway, it's be rude not to.>

And then Ivan sends a quick message to Gaimus, hoping that he's wearing his ring, <The merchant Garret has been moving some shady merchandise for House Galarn. See if you can find any of the grunts who did the heavy lifting, and find out what was bought and where they took it.>

Mokuren
2010-03-28, 09:58 PM
"A date, eh", she comments, pondering cautiously as if it's the most important part of the haggling. The elf doesn't really have much mercantile experience, but she has a more considerable one in diplomatic matters, in which case the date helps her feel more like at home. Sort of.

"Well I am sure you are great company, eh, master Garret, but in my condition I can promise nothing more than a dinner", she leans on the table, making a point that she's not going on the defensive, "I could dare more, but since I have a limited number of chances to haggle, eh, I preferring to keep a good impression. I can't risk making a promise I can't keep absolutely sure, eh".

Falconknight06
2010-03-29, 06:16 PM
Of course my dear, of course. I hope my request did not come off as implying anything more than dinner, though to be truthful I would not be opposed to something more. Things such as that require we get to know each other better. Garret sits down across from Amaryllis and Ivan and pulls out a small coin that looks to be made of amethyst and sets it on the table, now then, perhaps we should discuss what exactly you need me to move for you, after which we can plan when and where we shall go to dinner my dear.

Jacob Orlove
2010-04-02, 01:36 AM
Ivan

"Oh, I'll leave the details to you two." Ivan leans back against the wall as Linteshar and Garret hash out their transaction. He half-closes his eyes, and begins to quietly hum "The Three Princesses."

With that façade complete, Ivan marshals his inner energies, and follows one of the formulae that he had practiced. He spares a moment of gratitude for that training--the endless drills and repetition made the actual work of spellcasting a most natural exercise.

Ivan is casting Stilled, Silent Detect Thoughts, using the bracer. He'll focus on Garret, who will need to make a will save in a few seconds, DC 18, or 17 if the DC boost doesn't apply. If that works, then Ivan will worry about steering the merchant's thoughts back to the interesting stuff.

Mokuren
2010-04-02, 07:01 AM
"Well, this market is still new to my wares, eh", she admits with a shrug, producing a small vial from her overly complex sets of long clothing, "For this, I only need you to move, with the more utmost discretion eh, these innocent samples".

She immediately makes a dismissive gesture with her other hand, "Don't worry, my friend, it's nothing killing eh. This will only hurt the stomach a bit, it's the other, eh, qualities that make its selling point for those that might be interested in this type of wares, eh".

She leaves the glass vial on the table; it's small and filled with a translucent white liquid, "I am afraid the profit on this is very limited, but you understand, they are my credentials to set up more consistent business, eh"
I just made up that vial on the stop, but I figure we could assume Amaryllis crafted this kind of sample previously. It's basically just stomach ache poison, its selling point should be the fact it's very hard to detect and takes effect quickly, but it's not going to kill anyone, and shouldn't be strong enough to make someone realize they've been poisoned.
In case you need a craft (poisonmaking) roll for this one: 1d20+11

Falconknight06
2010-04-05, 07:51 PM
Hmmmm the Halfling will say with a slight grin on his face as he holds the vial up to the light and peers into it. He sets the vial back on the table and says to Amaryllis now you and I both know this is less than legal to trade in, though its lack of lethality makes arrest much less likely. I'll try and move this for you, though I'd still like a date.

Ivan's Eyes
Ivan will hear in his head
I would appreciate you staying out of my head Ivan. You should know by now that this spell doesn't work on me.

Jacob Orlove
2010-04-06, 12:56 AM
Ivan

Ivan grins, and retorts, "If you want to tell me how you manage that trick, I'll stop trying to figure it out on my own. Until then, don't expect me to quit." He sits back up, and looks alert, waiting for 'Belladonna' to make her decision.

Mokuren
2010-04-06, 11:52 AM
"I suppose this will be having to do, eh", she shrugs as if indifferent to the thought, "I do realize it is a favour you are doing to me given how sensitive my business is. Of course, eh, there will be chance to expand on that, but at first I must be extra careful eh".

Her eyes glint for a moment, but just one, "For example's sake, eh, I do not know how much actual request there is of these wares in this town eh. I however suspect it is higher as we go up in the power wielded of politics, though still discreet eh".

Falconknight06
2010-04-06, 07:26 PM
Well Ivan, I believe I know the topic you're hinting at. As much as I enjoy talking with a beautiful woman, let's just cut to the chase Garett says, sitting back in his seat, what exactly is it you want from me? We both know all information has a price, so name the information and I'll name the price.

Jacob Orlove
2010-04-07, 12:45 AM
Ivan

Ivan steeples his fingers, and lowers his voice a touch. Not enough to be conspicuous, but enough that it doesn't carry. "Well, now, if I wasn't in a hurry I'd just look into the thing myself, but I don't have a week. And while I'd rather not know what you're going to want this time, I'm afraid I don't have much choice. You see, some, ah, friends of yours, may be getting involved in something more dangerous than usual. You remember that affair with the dragon's egg? This might be worse. I need to know what's going on, and I'd rather they not know I'm looking into it. I'm sure you understand."

Garett knows that Ivan is talking about House Galarn, since they were both involved in the dragon's egg incident. It's not common knowledge, though.

Mokuren
2010-04-08, 06:30 AM
The young foreign woman simply waits, keeping her eyes on Garret and her arms poised on the table in front of her. Clearly, Ivan knows more about the situation than she does, and it does not seem a good idea to interrupt. It would be pretty stupid.

She also resists the urge to ask for some telepathic advice or explanations since it appears Ivan tried some sort of trick that did not work, and whatever it was it's clear that Garret is not someone she should underestimate.

Falconknight06
2010-04-11, 03:29 PM
Of course Ivan my friend, of course. Your problem is your looking into the wrong family. It is hard to admit this, and it stays between us, but House Galarn isn't the only house I'm working for. Garett will say with a roguish grin on his face. The Orcish house Haldalor has asked me to move some rather odd objects lately and as that seems to be what your looking for. They seem to be trading in a rather rare form of chalk often used in summoning rituals. They seem to also go through an incredible number of candles and various daggers of dubious origin, you know, ornate items very flashy and disturbing. They have me deliver them to a dock that connects to the sewers in the lower city. I assume they're moving them through tunnels of some sort and into their house. Now, as payment I'd like the lovely lady to honor her promise of a date, preferably as herself. Garett will smile charmingly at the Amaryllis.

Jacob Orlove
2010-04-11, 05:11 PM
Ivan

Ivan nods, "I would never reveal a source. Your involvement will remain secret, although I'm not sure I can keep the whole affair under wraps. And I certainly can't speak for our lady, although if she declines, I'll abide by our more usual terms."

Ivan, too, looks to Amaryllis to see what she will decide, but as he does so, he relays to Linteshar, Gaimus, and Mirik, <House Haldalor has been buying the kinds of materials they'd need for a great many summoning circles. And they seem to be moving the goods through the sewers. We might need to enter the same way, unless you're all up for disguising ourselves as orcs.>

Mokuren
2010-04-14, 12:04 PM
"I am not sure you will like my real self, eh", the woman says with a clearly doubtful tone, "I am also not sure I will like letting you know my real self can create that sort of wares but eh. I assume it's a fair exchange".

She still didn't drop her accent, but in the end her shrug was that of one who didn't mind the terms.

<You should probably have realized that disguise is not my forte>, she continues telepathically, <I would prefer to go through the sewers, assuming you're up for some really nasty smell trip>

Falconknight06
2010-04-14, 02:33 PM
I'm sure you are entirely enjoyable as yourself Garett says with another smile, obviously trying his best to put the elf at ease. As for your wares, my trade has caused me to trade in much worse so you have nothing to fear from me. Now, as for the date, shall we say tonight at around 7?

Mokuren
2010-04-15, 07:28 AM
Persistent, wasn't he? Well, of course, anyone courting a woman of her calibre had to be at least this much insisting. "Very well. Since you insist, I will grant you at least this. I will meet you just outside this house, I don't think you'll have much of a problem recognizing my real self".

This said, she stands up, careful not to hit her head anywhere. "We have to part ways now eh, there are other businesses we must attend to". She shot a glance to Ivan, signaling she was more than ready to get moving.

Jacob Orlove
2010-04-15, 10:17 AM
Ivan

Ivan stands up, "Yes, like I said, we're in a bit of a hurry. It's always a pleasure, but we really must be going." He manages to bow despite the cramped quarters, and, once the farewells are complete, escorts Amaryllis outside.

MikelaC1
2010-04-18, 12:43 PM
LINTESHAR

In their heads, all the members of Linteshars associates hear
My investigations have revealed the same information, that House Halador is up to no good. Nasty business, devils. Totally untrustworthy, no matter what they try to tell you. I will be at the sewer's entrance in the morning.

Jacob Orlove
2010-04-18, 01:05 PM
Ivan

<>I'll meet you there. In the meantime, I suppose I'll have to spend some time in the hall of records. Whatever maps they have of the sewers will be out of date--especially if these cultists have made any changes--but they'll be better than nothing.<>

Fortunately, it was always easy for Ivan to pass as an eccentric scholar when he needed to visit the city archives. If he had to talk to an official, he could just drone on about his important, boring research into the city's early architectural principles or whatever, until they made some kind of excuse to leave (his record was twelve seconds, but that didn't really count, because of the fire). And if they were a scholar themselves, he had only to ask about their boring research, and let them drone on until they realized they were late for something.

That done, Ivan takes a couple hours to get some sleep, then heads down to the lower city, to see if there was any useful information to be gleaned from his contacts there.

Gather Information check to try to find a map of the sewers, and any other useful information about the place before they head in:
[roll0]

Falconknight06
2010-04-18, 08:09 PM
Ivan's research will gain him a rather detailed map of the sewers, and Garett will give him the location he drops merchandise off at. One of Ivan's contacts, a rather astute young Hobgoblin name Faer will also talk to Ivan about the sewers,

my god you wouldn't believe the racket I hear in those sewers over the past few nights. It sounds like a large group of rats being tortured with a flock of bats.

Jacob Orlove
2010-04-19, 02:15 AM
Ivan

Ivan passes that description on to Linteshar and Amaryllis, in case it means more to them than it does to him. While he waits for them to arrive, he carefully copies the map, in case their little group gets separated. If he has time after making two copies, he'll start marking rendezvous points and escape routes.

Mokuren
2010-04-19, 05:08 PM
<I am unfamiliar with such facts, thought I will inform you should it ring a bell of any kind>

This said, Amaryllis finally manages to escape her date. It's not that it wasn't pleasant, just... Surface courting was kind of weird, even thought it was more of a flirting game, really. Perhaps the strangest part was trying to flirt with someone so short, it really baffled her.

MikelaC1
2010-04-21, 07:30 AM
LINTESHAR

As Linteshar said, bright and early the next morning, she shows at the entrance to the sewer. Gone are some of the fancy silks and robes she wore at the meeting the night before, more like the clothes one would wear when one did not expect to ever be wearing them again. Even with the rather dowdy dregs she is wearing, she still looks stunning as she readies herself to deal with the devil problems.

Jacob Orlove
2010-04-26, 12:14 AM
Ivan

Ivan waves to Linteshar from a nearby rooftop, then disappears from view. A minute later, he steps out of the adjacent alley, and offers her a map. "Here, I copied the map I found of the sewers. It might be a bit out of date, though. I have a copy for Amaryllis too, any sign of her yet?"

Mokuren
2010-04-26, 07:01 AM
"One good thing about sewers", the dark elf comments as she arrives on the scene, "Is that they're underground, and I kind of like not having the sun on me when I can help it".

She sighs, taking advantage of the few remaining moments of fresh air she can have, "The bad thing is that it's going to stink so much I'll have to give up on my clothes, least I'll have nightmares if I ever try to sleep with them in the room".

MikelaC1
2010-04-26, 07:34 AM
LINTESHAR

Linteshar has a sly smirk on her face at Amaryllis' words, as she looks to the elf and then Ivan.

We could always doff our clothes right here, Im sure Ivan wouldnt mind the view. We might even distract the enemy.

Mokuren
2010-04-26, 09:57 AM
"While the idea has its merits", the dark elf agrees, "I don't really feel like going in a dangerous place without what little armour I have. Plus, it would make the smell stick closer to my skin and then I would have nightmares regardless of whether I keep my clothes in the room or not".

She seems to seriously ponder the matter for a moment, "Besides, there aren't many thermal baths in the surface, it's easier to just wash some clothing, even if it's going to take a month's supply of soap".

Jacob Orlove
2010-04-26, 11:37 PM
Ivan

Ivan hands Amaryllis another copy of the map. He grins at Linteshar's comment. "Ladies, while I appreciate your, ah, pragmatism, I assure you that I will be able to clean us all off once we exit the sewers," he points to the map, "here, or here. With your clothes on, don't give me that look. It's a simple spell. Anyway, let's get going. Now, can you both see in the dark, or will we need some light?"

MikelaC1
2010-04-27, 06:21 AM
LINTESHAR

Clothes on? That takes all the fun out of it Linteshar sticks her tongue out at Ivan.
But to answer your second question, I can see perfectly well in the dark.

Mokuren
2010-04-27, 06:23 AM
"I didn't know what the sun was until not too long ago", she idly comments, folding the map and slipping it somewhere in her "armour", "So yes, I can see in the darkness pretty well. I can also make light if need be, but I feel more at home if there's none".

She didn't really mind going down the sewers, if only they could do something for the stench. Seriously.

Jacob Orlove
2010-04-27, 10:35 PM
Ivan

Ivan winks at Linteshar, then nods an acknowledgement to Amaryllis. "That makes three of us, then. Good. A torch is a fine way to advertise your presence, but we'll be able to move with a bit more discretion. We'll just have to suffer the stench. Here, follow me," he says, ducking his head as he leads the way in.

MikelaC1
2010-04-28, 06:52 AM
LINTESHAR

Linteshar prepares to follow Ivan into the sewers, she will wait for Amaryllis to go in front of her, shes not a warrior and has no real desire to be in the front rank where all the fighting is bound to be.

Mokuren
2010-04-28, 10:02 AM
The elf moves right behind Ivan, taking advantage of her last moment of fresh air to complain by saying, "Mother always said my keen nose would have brought me nowhere. I wish I could tell her she was wrong".

Falconknight06
2010-05-08, 10:41 PM
As the groups enters the sewers, the strong smell of waste, musty, damp air assaults your nostrils, gagging all who have entered. A tell tale dripping sound accompanied by the squeaking of rats echoes down the pipes running beneath the city. The brick walls are covered in a thick slime of unknown origin. After what seems like an eternity in this awful place, you reach the junction where Ivan has marked the first rendezvous point on the map.

Thanks for being so patient with me guys. Midterms are over so I should be back to 5 updates a week hopefully. Also, check the OOC for updates

MikelaC1
2010-05-09, 09:12 AM
LINTESHAR

Linteshar turns to Ivan since he has the map

Are we meeting someone here? Or do you have some idea of which way to turn?

Jacob Orlove
2010-05-09, 12:30 PM
Ivan

"No, this was a place for us to meet up, in case we get separated. Otherwise we'd be stuck wandering around these tunnels trying to find each other. And I'm sure you don't want to spend any more time down here than I do." Ivan's humor is somewhat forced, as the smell really is quite terrible.

Mokuren
2010-05-09, 07:58 PM
The dark elf was really doing her best to hide her displeasure at the smell, and she was succeeding pretty well to be honest, possibly because of her upbringing that taught her to hide just about everything, including her weaknesses and possible displeasures.

"Well, we have safely made to the rendezvous point", she comments, "Where to, now? I must admit I am not familiar with this particular underground structure, thought I kind of missed not having a sky above my head".

Jacob Orlove
2010-05-10, 12:39 AM
Ivan

Ivan answers, "If it's this empty the whole way through, then we should have no trouble finding the section they've been using for their rituals. We might even make it into the House itself. But it wouldn't be much of a plan if we didn't have contingency options. That's why I put rendezvous points on the maps. We should be able to find our way back here if anything happens. As to exactly where we're going, I'm not certain, but my best guess is that it's this way."

MikelaC1
2010-05-10, 06:42 AM
LINTESHAR

Linteshar takes a moment, and studies the rendezvous spot. She studies every inch, every crack, every nuance of the place, seemingly committing each detail to memory. Finally, she finishes with a satisfied nod.

OK, Im ready to move on now. Pick the direction you think is best.

Jacob Orlove
2010-05-10, 11:06 PM
Ivan

"Okay, but keep an eye open. The closer we get, the more likely we are to run into cultists, or worse." Ivan warns, as he leads them further into the sewers.

Falconknight06
2010-05-11, 09:42 PM
The group walks for roughly another hour in the dark dank sewers, the smell seeming to have infiltrated your clothing down to the individual fibers. After what seems like forever, a flickering light is seen ahead, and the echo of voices can be heard. The light seems to be roughly 150 ft away from the current spot.

Jacob Orlove
2010-05-11, 10:44 PM
Ivan

Ivan holds up his hand to stop the others from advancing. <This is why we didn't bring a light. Stay back for a minute, I'm going to go check it out.>

Ivan slips forward into the darkness, towards the flickering shadows. Just before he passes from the unlit part of the corridor to the dimly lit section, those shadows seem to reach out and surround him. He vanishes from sight.

If there's any cover between here and there, Ivan will take advantage of it to hide. Otherwise, he can cloak himself in shadows and Hide in Plain Sight once he gets closer to the light (but staying further back from its source, in the "shadowy illumination" zone). He'll continue to make spot and listen checks as he advances.

In any case, hide check: [roll0]. And move silently check: [roll1].

Mokuren
2010-05-12, 07:46 AM
Amaryllis fell silent at the sight of the light. She had a very good ability to see in complete darkness, even superior to that of most of her species, so she simply laid down as quietly as possible, squinting her eyes to see more of the imminent threat.

She simply takes advantage of any sort of cover there is. Also, she has exactly 150' darkvision, but just in case here's a spot check: [roll0]
Also: I forgot to prepare cleric spells before so I'm doing it now (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=178637):
Level 1
Dispel ward
Lesser vigor
Nightshield
Shield of faith
Detect secret doors (domain)

Level 2
Balor nimbus
Infernal wounds
Lesser restoration
Zone of truth
Clairaudience/Clairvoyance (domain)

Level 3
Mass lesser vigor
Prayer
Meld into stone (domain)

MikelaC1
2010-05-12, 08:01 AM
LINTESHAR

Linteshar as well possesses darkvision, and also peers ahead to see if she can spot anything. She takes advantage of whatever shadows are present to hide herself as well.

[roll0] spot
[roll1] hide

Falconknight06
2010-05-12, 03:44 PM
As I van gets closer to the light, he begins to hear faint voices whispering about something in Orcish. They seem to be discussing something about a body and hiding from the police, though there exact words are lost to the echoes in the sewer. Even as Ivan gets closer, the speakers do not seem to stop their conversation, it seems like a safe bet that he has not been heard.

Jacob Orlove
2010-05-13, 01:50 AM
Ivan

<Orcs, coming this way. Something about hiding a body. Sounds like they're involved with this whole mess. Should we capture them, and see what they know?> Ivan asks, mentally.

MikelaC1
2010-05-13, 06:25 AM
LINTESHAR

Mental response <Excellent idea...I specialize in spells that can take people alive and aid in questioning later on.>

Linteshar begins to creep forward to where Ivan is located so that she in position

[roll0] move silently
[roll1] hide

Mokuren
2010-05-13, 07:21 AM
<I don't have that kind of spells>, the elf mentally adds, <But I'm rather good at taking people alive as long as I can get my hands on them>.

What she didn't really want to admit is that this wasn't really her speciality. Sneaking, that is. <You go first, Ivan. I'll join in as soon as you start>.

Jacob Orlove
2010-05-13, 10:58 PM
Ivan

<Okay. I'll see how close I can get.>

Ivan continues to approach the voices, at least until he can get a good look at who's there.

Falconknight06
2010-05-17, 05:46 PM
Ivan and Linteshar make there way to the corner of the hall, the voices sound as if they're roughly twenty feet down the hall. Ivan's experience with hiding in the shadows allows him to peek his head around just enough to see three Orcs with what looks to be a large, body shaped bag between them. They are continuing to argue as Linteshar makes it up right behind Ivan.

MikelaC1
2010-05-17, 06:35 PM
LINTESHAR

Linteshar sizes up the situation immediately and comes right around the corner, speaking in perfect Orcish

Hey boys, whats in the bag? Tell you what, why dont you forget about the silly old bag, and we go have some fun? Know what I mean :smallwink:

Charm Monster on one of the Orcs

Falconknight06
2010-05-18, 12:36 PM
Two of the Orcs look over towards Linteshar with a start, beginning to draw weapons, but the leader moves his hand in what is clearly meant to signify "put your weapons away." He turns to face the woman standing at the edge of the tunnel. "Fun huh?" the leader, visibly a Half-Orc, will reply. "I'd be up for some fun, especially with someone like you" he says, approaching Linteshar. The other two orcs look confused as their leader moves towards the adventurer's position. Uhhhh, boss, shouldn't we be getting rid of this for your dad?

MikelaC1
2010-05-18, 01:21 PM
LINTESHAR

Linteshar smiles even more at the other two orcs.

Dont worry about that silly old bag, we can deal with it later, after we have our fun. Come on, it will great

Charm Monster on second Orc

Falconknight06
2010-05-18, 06:57 PM
Yah Grog, we deal later another Orc says, unable to take his eyes off of Linteshar. The last Orc looks greatly confused at the behavior of his two companions. He begins to lift the large bag and yells to the other two I guess I'll get the reward then! as he begins to walk away, a large door appearing in the wall which he proceeds through. The door closes quickly, the charmed half-orc and the charmed orc blocking her ability to stop the last Orc. As the party looks on, the Half-Orc quickly disrobes, standing naked before Linteshar So we get to have fun huh?

MikelaC1
2010-05-18, 07:36 PM
LINTESHAR

Linteshar motions for the rest of the party to come forward and join her.

You know something, that bag that you were so concerned about, it really intrigues me. What was in it, what were you up to down here? Its so nasty and smelly, it must have been something really important, really special to make you come here. Why dont you tell me all about it first? You like telling me secrets, dont you?

Jacob Orlove
2010-05-19, 01:17 AM
Ivan

Ivan waited in the shadows. Lintershar seemed to have everything well in hand. Not his methods, to be sure, but it was always fascinating to see another professional at work. But then, the orc with the bag began to walk through the door. Ivan stepped forward from behind the corner, holding out his hand, and shouting, "Halt!" in orcish.

ooc:Casting Halt, obviously, as an Immediate Action. Will save DC 19 or else his feet are stuck to the ground for a turn and he can't move. If that doesn't work, Ivan will ignore the other two thugs and go to examine the mysterious door.

edit: added more description.

Mokuren
2010-05-19, 05:07 AM
In about a moment, the dark elf was there, screeching to a sudden halt after a brief sprint. She didn't get very close to not give her position away, but she covered the distance rather briefly. She seemed rather comfortable with the idea of having to deal with charmed people.

"Very well", she nodded, ignoring the two orcs, for now, "Let's all see what's the deal, then".
Since she has quick search, she takes this brief pause to make a search check in the area: [roll0]

Falconknight06
2010-05-20, 09:37 PM
The Orc Laughs at Ivan's suggestion, until he begins to feel his feet stick to the floor. He winces quickly, then continues walking, shouting Not bad, but perhaps you should go back to school youngin' as he disappears into the wall.

I van begins to search the area where the Orc disappeared. It looks no different than a normal wall with a cursory glance.

Amaryllis sees one very naked, very aroused Half-Orc standing dumbfounded in front of Linteshar, one Orc staring at Linteshar, and Ivan staring at a wall.

At Linteshar's question, the Half-Orc begins to say well, I'm not supposed to tell anyone what's in the bag.

MikelaC1
2010-05-21, 06:13 AM
Oh come on now, you can tell me. You love telling me secrets dont you? It'll be fun, I promise.
She moves even closer to the orc and whispers to him
I promise, I wont even tell them, it'll just be between you and me. And while youre at it, why not tell me where your friend just went, and how he managed to open a door when theres none there?

Jacob Orlove
2010-05-24, 12:12 AM
Ivan

Ivan pulls together the bits of conversation from the orcs, and comes up with a rough cover story. It might not stand up to close scrutiny, but the two thugs were already rather distracted; he seriously doubted they would stop to analyze anything he said with Linteshar standing there.

<Good work, Linteshar. Keep them distracted. Amaryllis, follow my lead.>

Ivan looks over his shoulder, "It's okay, boys." He nods at the half-orc leader, "Your father sent us down here. He was worried that Grog might try to sell him out. You can talk freely, we're on your side."

Then Ivan turns back to his work. He pulls out a pair of goggles from his pack, with crystal lenses, and mutters under his breath. Then he gives the wall a closer inspection.

Ivan is bluffing the Orc and Half-Orc, getting out his Goggles of Minute Seeing, casting Detect Magic and then trying that search again, more carefully this time.
Bluff: [roll0] (to explain things to the orcs)
Search: [roll1]

edit: added more description.

Falconknight06
2010-05-24, 06:07 PM
Well, if my dad did send you guys, then I guess it is OK to fill you in the Half-Orc replies to Amaryllis, his eyes never leaving her. It seems that the Half-Orc has forgotten he is nude as he begins to explain that the group[ is down in the sewer, bringing the last body to the summoning circle so Arim can summon the demon prince who will rule the city.

Jacob Orlove
2010-05-25, 12:50 AM
Ivan

Ivan curses at that news, although his choice of profanity is somewhat redundant considering their present location. He redoubles his efforts to locate the mechanism for the door.

"We'll have to work fast if we want to catch Grog, and prevent him from disrupting the ritual." Ivan says, then he shouts over to the orc and half orc, "Hey, either of you know how to get this door open? I think he messed with it somehow." Ivan adds that last in case they expected him to know how to open the door, not because he's found any signs of actual tampering.

MikelaC1
2010-05-25, 06:47 AM
LINTESHAR

Linteshar sends a message to both of her companions, telepathically.

<Im going to take one of them out, hopefully the other will work on the door for you. We need to be fast to make sure that ritual doesnt get completed>

Linteshar waits until one of the orcs turns to work with Ivan on the door. Then she goes to the other orc, talking in a low, sexy voice.

And now its time for our fun, just let me cast this one little spell on you. It will make our fun feel so much better, I promise. Just dont try and resist the spell, its not potent enough to penetrate your orcliness on its own, but really makes you feel good

Linteshar casts, hoping that she has convinced the orc to forego his save, Deep Slumber

Mokuren
2010-05-25, 10:54 AM
The dark elf demonstrates that she is well used to having naked men around her and under control, at least judging from the fact she does not seem impressed at all at the orc and, instead, quite interested in what he might be saying.

"I see", she simply states, frowning as if something went wrong in the plan, like the ritual was going to go awry because of Grog and they had to intervene. To make it go even worse, of course, but this she keeps to herself.

<Indeed. Forcing doors is not what I was trained to do, that was the work of others>, she reluctantly admits.

Falconknight06
2010-05-28, 08:51 PM
See the OOC thread for final update of the game