PDA

View Full Version : radios at work

Erloas
2010-02-05, 11:01 AM
Well I'm sure this is the sort of thing that comes up a fair amount, which is why everyone has personal players rather then radios.

My fairly new co-worker listens to what I consider horribly bad music. I can't hardly stand listening to it for even a little while. I believe its one of the top 40 clone stations that exist everywhere.

Prior to this the radio was almost never on, because no one else seemed to care if it was quiet.
As it is there is only the two of us that are in here regularly, and our boss which is only around a little bit. There are a lot of other people here but not really anyone else in this part of this building.

I have changed the station a time or two but he changes it, in fact I think before he had it on another station and since I changed it last he changed it to this station which is worse then the old one.

MP3 players simply aren't practical here and not the sort of thing I think our boss would really accept.

Kind of a rant more then anything, but I'm sure its the sort of thing other people also deal with.

wxdruid
2010-02-05, 11:08 AM
Hm, seems like an office policy needs to be made. Is there someone who is in charge of the office while the boss is gone? Approach them with a few good suggestions on how to solve the problem and not just complain about it.

If you want to listen to something different, coordinate that everyone gets a set time to have the radio on a station they like. Example: he chooses from 9am-10am, then the next person from 10am-11am and so on.

If no one can agree, then perhaps the boss needs to ban the radio.

Totally Guy
2010-02-05, 11:10 AM
I've got a co-worker that does this. Fortunately it's very rare.

The worst thing is the way radio advertising comes on again and again. I'd prefer to listen to a BBC station because there are no adverts. And due to the fact that, indirectly, I'm paying for that particular broadcast so I take this as me being entitled to critique it.

xPANCAKEx
2010-02-05, 12:17 PM
just ask the guy "hey do you mind if we listen to something else today?"

just a polite request, not a big deal, and it provides no criticism of his personal taste

not hard really is it?