PDA

View Full Version : Ice breaker games

Egiam
2010-02-06, 01:31 AM
Tommorow morning, I will be leading a meeting of local teenagers dealing in a semi-formal setting. I am in need of a few ideas for games to ease the stress. They can be whimsical, silly games, but must be age appropriate, quick, fun for people who don't know each other very well, and (probably the most difficult criteria) doable for a teleconference, as half of our participants call in from across the state.

Do any of you playgrounders have any ideas? The only other one we have done is "Two truths and a lie". It was a success, and we will do that one if we have no other ideas.

The Duke
2010-02-06, 01:34 AM
Depends a little on the interests of the group, most theater improv games work well so long as people participate and are generally vocal enough that teleconferencing could work.

Course drama games are only fun if people throw there all into it if you think they might work I'll toss up a few ideas for you.

reorith
2010-02-06, 01:45 AM
i guess the whole "teleconference" thing rules out russian roulette :/

perhaps 2thruths1lie?
it is an icebreaker where each person says two truths and one lie. the goal is to figure out which one is a lie.

edit: i didn't recognize is spelled out.
redemption! (http://www.group-games.com/)

Zeb The Troll
2010-02-06, 01:59 AM

perhaps 2thruths1lie?
it is an icebreaker where each person says two truths and one lie. the goal is to figure out which one is a lie.Note that the first post already mentions this game. :smallsigh: :smallbiggrin:

Egiam
2010-02-06, 12:50 PM

perhaps 2thruths1lie?
it is an icebreaker where each person says two truths and one lie. the goal is to figure out which one is a lie.

edit: i didn't recognize is spelled out.
redemption! (http://www.group-games.com/)

Thanks man!

@The Duke: I don't imagine improve games working well over a phone. Thanks anyway.