PDA

View Full Version : Spell Breaker [PEACH] And help

Demons_eye
2010-02-06, 02:01 AM
This is my attempt to bring to life the spell breaker base class. I could use some help coming up with something to fill these dead levels

http://zivcg.com/temp/WarCraft_Samwise022c.jpg

Spell Breaker

Alignment:
Any

Hit Die:
d8

Class Skills

The Spell Breaker’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Bluff (Cha), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Hide (Dex), Knowledge (All taken separately) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Profession (Wis), Ride (Dex), Search (Int), Spellcraft (Int), Spot (Wis), Survival (Wis), Use Magic Device (Cha), and Use Rope (Dex).

Skill Points at 1st Level

(4 + Int modifier) ×4.
Skill Points at Each Additional Level

4 + Int modifier.

Spell Breaker
{table=head]Level|Base Attack<br>Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+1|
+2|
+2|
+0|Stranger, Help the weak

2nd|
+2|
+3|
+3|
+0|Forge weapons, Feed back 1d6, Evasion

3rd|
+3|
+3|
+3|
+1|Mana burn, Combustion

4th|
+4|
+4|
+4|
+1|Disruptive Strike

5th|
+5|
+4|
+4|
+1|Feed back 2d6

6th|
+6/+1|
+5|
+5|
+2|Disruptive Strike 1/day

7th|
+7/+2|
+5|
+5|
+2|Steal Spell, Spell Scared

8th|
+8/+3|
+6|
+6|
+2|Feed back 3d6, Mettle

9th|
+9/+4|
+6|
+6|
+3|Steal Summon

10th|
+10/+5|
+7|
+7|
+3|Magical Frenzy

11st|
+11/+6/+1|
+7|
+7|
+3|Feed back 4d6

12nd|
+12/+7/+2|
+8|
+8|
+4|Disruptive Strike 2/day

13rd|
+13/+8/+3|
+8|
+8|
+4|Improved evasion

14th|
+14/+9/+4|
+9|
+9|
+4|Feed back 5d6

15th|
+15/+10/+5|
+9|
+9|
+5|

16th|
+16/+11/+6/+1|
+10|
+10|
+5|-Deathless magic

17th|
+17/+12/+7/+2|
+10|
+10|
+5|Feed back 6d6

18th|
+18/+13/+8/+3|
+11|
+11|
+6|Disruptive Strike 3/day

19th|
+19/+14/+9/+4|
+11|
+11|
+6|

20th|
+20/+15/+10/+5|
+12|
+12|
+6|Avatar of magic, Feed back 7d6

[/table]

Stranger- Unlike a wizard or sorcerer a Spell Breaker gains a stranger at the first level. A stranger acts like a familiar (and is picked from the same list) but disrupts magic increasing a caster. Use this table when determining you strangers ability's. When a foe is near the stranger is can cause a deep feeling of despair that makes the foe less hearty, slower, and less willful. When a foe is with in 10 feet of the stranger suffer dread to all saves. Does not effect creatures with int of 3 or less.

{table=head] Master Class Level| Natural Armor Adj.| Int |Dread | Special

1st-2nd|
+1|
6|
-1|
improved evasion, empathic link|

3rd-4th|
+2|
7|
-2|
Speak with master|

5th-6th|
+3|
8|
-3|
Speak with animals of its kind|

7th-8th|
+4|
9|
-4|

9th-10th|
+5|
10|
-5|
Spell resistance|

11th-12th|
+6|
11|
-6|

13th-14th|
+7|
12|
-7|

15th-16th|
+8|
13|
-8|

17th-18th|
+9|
14|
-9|

19th-20th|
+10|
15|
-10|

[/table]

Weapon and Armor Proficiency

A Spell Breaker is proficient with all simple and martial weapons and with all armor (heavy, medium, and light) and shields (including tower shields). He also gains proficiency in the spell breakers sword.

Help the weak- The spell breaker is a master of destroying the evil acts of magic. He gains a handful of spells he can use as a SLA 1/day. When he reaches the next level of helping the weak add an additional use of any and all SLA

1st level-Bless
3rd level-shield Other
5th level-Remove Curse
7th level-Freedom of movement
9th level-Stone Skin
11th level-Antimagic Feild
13th level-Holy word
15th level-Mind Blank
17th level-Freedom

Forge weapons- At the 2nd level you learn to forge the weapons of your trade. You can make the spell breakers sword or if you so wish another weapon made for the spell breakers. If you try to use any of your class features while using a normal blade or magical blade it has to make a fort save of 15+class level or break.

Spell Breakers Swords
{table=head]Spell Breakers Sword|Cost|Dmg (S)|Dmg (M)|Critical|Range Increment|Weight|Type

One Handed Double Weapon|
700 gp|
1d6/1d6|
2d4/2d4|
19-20||
12lb|
Slashing
Other Weapon|
+500 gp|
base damage +1|
base Damage +1d4|
base weapon|
base weapon|
base weapon x2|
base weapon

[/table]

Feed back Xd6- When Attacking a foe who is currently begin effected by a spell or is able to cast spells your blade surges with power disrupting the magic and wrenches the mind of the foe. At the 2nd level and every 3 level's after you deal 1d6 additional damage.

Evasion- At 2nd level or higher if a Spell breaker makes a successful Reflex saving throw against an attack that normally deals half damage on a successful save, she instead takes no damage. Evasion can be used only if a Spell Breaker is wearing Medium light or no armor. A helpless Spell breaker does not gain the benefit of evasion.

Mana burn- Starting at the third level usable once per level per day you can burn away the magic that makes a caster what he is. You can use this ability to remove a spell prepared or spell slot from a caster or a spell effecting a person dealing 1d6 damage per spell level dazing them. A will save stops the removal of the spell but not the daze, will save DC is 10+Spell Breaker level+Spell level.

Combustion- A spell breaker can use his ability to disrupt magic to case different effect in the foe. By forgoing Xd6 amount of dice you can cause these effects to the for unless noted.

1d6
Blown Away
Dazzled
Entangled
Fatigued
Fascinated

2d6
Blinded
Shaken
Dazed
Exhausted
Knocked Down
Prone
Sickened

3d6
Ability Damaged
Confused
Frightened
Flat-Footed
Nauseated
Staggered

4d6
Ability Drained
Cowering
Deafened
Invisible-You become
Stunned

5d6
Helpless
Incorporeal-You become
Panicked
Paralyzed

6d6
Disabled
Petrified

7d6
Unconscious

Disruptive Strike- At the 6th level once per day you can use dispel at character level after attacking a foe as the enchantment. Every 6 levels the spell breaker gains another use of this ability.

Steal Spell- If you spend a mana burn attempt and forgo 1d6 damage of feedback you can steal a spell from a caster. You can then cast the spell on some one else or cast it on you as a free action. Will save of 10+Spell Breaker level+ Int to stop the removal, if they make the save it still uses an attempt. The Save DC goes up by 1 for every extra d6 you forgo.

Spell Scared- At the 7th level you have been hit with spell after spell. You gain Spell resistance equal to 10+Class level that you can lower as a immediate action.

Steal Summon- The Spell breaker knows know to distort the magical plane, he sends a ripple in the air that effects things summoned or called by others.

Summoned or called creatures that come into 90 feet of the Spell breaker must make a save (10+SB level+Int) or come under the control of spell breaker. If they make there saves they are unaffected unless they leave the aura and come back into it.

Improved Evasion- At 9th level, a Spell breaker’s evasion ability improves. She still takes no damage on a successful Reflex saving throw against attacks, but henceforth she takes only half damage on a failed save. A helpless Spell breaker does not gain the benefit of improved evasion.

Magical Frenzy- Starting at the 10th level when you charge you go into a frenzy as magic surrounds you. You can full attack at the end of a charge (like pounce).

Deathless magic- At the 16th level you gain a fearsome power. When you die you leave a hole in the magical plane permanently scaring the land. When die all magic in a 10ft/level is suppressed for 3 rounds and magic no longer works in a 20 foot burst where you died.

Avatar of magic- You reach the peak of magical disruption and gain control the magical plane. For 3 rounds+con modifier you can chose witch magic works and witch magic does not. Anyone withing 1000 feet of you can not use magic, soulmeld, or even truenames unless you let them. You can effect the entire plane but must be aware of the ability begin used for you to stop it. This includes magical items, spells, soul meld, utterances, Extraordinary Abilities, Spell-Like Abilities, or even Supernatural Abilities.

And after 3 weeks of righting down idea when they came up and 3 hours of typing I have now finished it. I still need help so any advice is is welcome.

I have been thinking about lowering the Bab to medium, thoughts?

Demons_eye
2010-02-06, 01:50 PM
So anything?

CTLC
2010-02-06, 01:58 PM
i love the idea, basically because spellthieves suck. however, some abilities are less related to being antimagic, and others are ridiculous. the last two abilities come to mind. I also enjoy the idea of a defense, channeled through the shield or sword, that is like SR but works. i want this to play as: The ragged wizard runs through the alley firing off spells behind him. Yet the pair of spell breakers take the rays in stride. As an act of desperation the wizard casts his last spell, wall of force. He turns to run, but the spell breaker's sword comes through the wall effortlessly and pierces his back.

Something that is made to hunt something else should do a damn good job of it ne? and even further, seeing this should make an equal strength magic based class drop everything and run/soil themselves.

Dante & Vergil
2010-02-06, 02:40 PM
I figured that this is based on the Warcraft III Spell Breakers and is giving them abilities based on that.
I can't say much about right now, but I'll come back later to do so.

CTLC
2010-02-06, 03:50 PM
I figured that this is based on the Warcraft III Spell Breakers and is giving them abilities based on that.
I can't say much about right now, but I'll come back later to do so.

yup, hes using that picture. oddly enough, ingame i felt the unit was awful, decent melee, abilities were awful. The breaker could go a few ways here, it could either control the magic, reverse it, or simply not be affected by it. your choice. but it should stick to one. maybe things to help your allies deal aswell.

Demons_eye
2010-02-07, 07:45 PM
yup, hes using that picture. oddly enough, ingame i felt the unit was awful, decent melee, abilities were awful. The breaker could go a few ways here, it could either control the magic, reverse it, or simply not be affected by it. your choice. but it should stick to one. maybe things to help your allies deal aswell.

I felt they could be good if used effectively. But I agree it could go a few ways but I picked out a few of its ability's and ran with that; Mana burn, steal spell, and steal summon.

imp_fireball
2010-02-07, 08:02 PM
He turns to run, but the spell breaker's sword comes through the wall effortlessly and pierces his back.

How about:

'The spell breaker hurls his entire glaive like a friggin' bad ass. The glaive, after passing through the wall of force unhindered, cuts the wizard in half. There's blood everywhere. "Good job team!" The high elf says to his fellows.'

That's actually what they do in the game. They friggin throw glaive or spinning blade things and then conjure new ones out of thin air.

ingame i felt the unit was awful, decent melee, abilities were awful.

Are you kidding? Steal blood lust and combine that with... I don't know, sorceresses and priests? Then again, when I play humans it feels like they suck.