PDA

View Full Version : Mystery Template (3.5e)!

Sophismata
2010-02-06, 03:27 AM
So, I was running though the templates indexed at Crystal Keep (www.crystalkeep.com), and came across the Spectral template on page 34.

It's basically an incorporeal undead with (apparently) no Level Adjustment, but I cannot find the source.

The page reference says DoF p109, but this refers to neither Dragons of Faerun (not a real book) nor Defenders of the Faith, which were the only two "DoF's" I could think of.

Dragons of Faerun is a real book. There is also a fan compilation by the same name that I mistook it for.

olentu
2010-02-06, 03:35 AM
They probably mean the "spectral creature (template)" that is in dragons of faerun page 109.

magic9mushroom
2010-02-06, 03:36 AM
So, I was running though the templates indexed at Crystal Keep (www.crystalkeep.com), and came across the Spectral template on page 34.

It's basically an incorporeal undead with (apparently) no Level Adjustment, but I cannot find the source.

The page reference says DoF p109, but this refers to neither Dragons of Faerun (not a real book) nor Defenders of the Faith, which were the only two "DoF's" I could think of.

It tells you at the bottom of an index what the abbreviations mean.

Runestar
2010-02-06, 03:39 AM
There is a spectral template in savage species, but it is +3cr (and LA+7). The stats appear to match those from the PDF perfectly (though it grants +3dex, not the +6 listed).

But it appears to be the spectral creature template in dragons of faerun, which has the exact same stats (even the +6dex).

Sophismata
2010-02-06, 03:48 AM
It tells you at the bottom of an index what the abbreviations mean.

DoF is not listed.

They probably mean the "spectral creature (template)" that is in dragons of faerun page 109.

But it appears to be the spectral creature template in dragons of faerun, which has the exact same stats (even the +6dex).

Many thanks. It appears the only Dragons of Faerun I was aware of (a ~16 page fan compilation) was not the real Dragons of Faerun.

Gralamin
2010-02-06, 03:49 AM
DoF is not listed.

My guess would be Dragons of Faerun (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20060802b)